PDA

View Full Version : Deadly Pakistan bombing targets polio workers

BabaRa
24th January 2014, 05:32
Interesting! Good that the Pakistan's are aware, but sad that they are bombing their own people who are providing the vaccinations and who truly believe that are doing a good thing.

Article
Pakistani Taliban oppose vaccinations, seeing them as cover for spying and a conspiracy to make male children sterile.

A bomb rigged to a bicycle hit a police patrol on its way to guard a polio vaccination team in northwestern Pakistan's Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province on Wednesday, killing six policemen and a boy, police officials said.

The attack in the Charsadda district also wounded 11 people, four of them policemen, said Officer Shafiullah Khan. The bomb, set off by remote control, struck close to a busy town market, he said. The boy who was killed along with the policemen in the patrol was just a bystander, Khan added.

The vaccination campaign was suspended after the attack, and heavy contingents of police were deployed.

The bombing comes a day after three health workers were killed in an attack on a polio vaccination team in the southern port city of Karachi.

No one immediately claimed responsibility for the latest attacks, but the Pakistani Taliban have killed thousands of civilians, policemen, soldiers and officials in recent years while campaigning to overthrow the government and install their brand of Sharia rule.

The group opposes vaccinations against polio and considers such campaigns a cover for spying against Pakistan and a conspiracy to make Muslim boys sterile.

The incidents are the latest in a surge of violence stretching across Pakistan that has killed more than 100 people this month and left many questioning whether the government has a plan to tackle the country's militancy problem.

http://america.aljazeera.com/articles/2014/1/22/deadly-bomb-hitspakistanpolicevanusedtosecurepoliovaccinedrive .html

modwiz
24th January 2014, 07:30
I have to admit to mixed opinions, depending on the angle/filter I view it from. Then, there is the amalgam.

No mixed feelings about the dead people.

Spiral
24th January 2014, 08:40
I have to admit to mixed opinions, depending on the view I view it from. Then, there is the amalgam.

No mixed feelings about the dead people.

Ditto

Wolf Khan
25th January 2014, 02:56
The taliban are paid proxies for the cabal, so it is not surprising that they love killing and murder, any excuse is sufficient.