PDA

View Full Version : WAKING UP - What Does it Mean and How Do We Get There From Here

BabaRa
21st January 2014, 17:29
Everyone is buzzing about waking up, but how do we wake up? And how do we get there from here?

Does the journey begin with discovering and becoming acquainted with who we really are? The Divine self that has been waiting patiently for our recognition?

But again, how exactly does one do that - and is it the same for everyone? I'm guessing probably not, but I also think there are some exercises (mental or physical) that are the same or similar that help us along the path.

Want to explore? What has worked for you - and what hasn't - and ultimately WHAT does waking up mean to you?

Spiral
21st January 2014, 19:51
Personally I think there is something setting it all up, the most ridiculous co-incidences & twists & turns, it all seems so managed.

Its all about learning to see & listen, not to people who want to be heard, "gurus" & whatnot, but to within & the reality that is right in front of us jumping up & down, waving & shouting, and generally roundly ignored.

Calabash
21st January 2014, 23:06
From experience, moments of clarity/or insight seem to come on their own, outside of thought. But can you call those moments "being awake"?

People who are able to see other entities - are they awake or is that just being aware? Can you be considered to be awake without being aware of all there is?

modwiz
21st January 2014, 23:46
I like the Ram Das(?) saying, "Be here now". With my own personal emphasis on ''now'', and what that means.

I like it as a starting point.

Wolf Khan
22nd January 2014, 01:02
Awareness is part of the reality of being awake and as modwiz has said "Be Here Now", this is being awake and aware.

BabaRa
22nd January 2014, 02:10
I like the Ram Das(?) saying, "Be here now". With my own personal emphasis on ''now'', and what that means.

I like it as a starting point.

Perfect starting point.

Awareness is part of the reality of being awake

Being aware of what you are doing in the now. I like it. Great team work. Modwiz & Wolf Khan

Maybe being aware of the mask we're wearing or the role we're playing?

BabaRa
22nd January 2014, 02:19
From experience, moments of clarity/or insight seem to come on their own, outside of thought. But can you call those moments "being awake"?

I can call them glimpses of being awake and I think they happen when as Spiral said:
Its all about learning to see & listen, not to people who want to be heard, "gurus" & what not, but to within & the reality that is right in front of us

And maybe that takes us back to the awareness of the now.

Eelco
22nd January 2014, 03:24
In the stages of insight there is a stage called the arising and passing away.(the 4th)

At that stage one gets a glimpse of the impermanent nature of life. This can be a small insight in a dream/hardly noticable, it can be a huge katharthic moment where everything seems to vibrate and rushes of overwhelming joy can rush through you. It is said that after that you are on the ride and no longer able to not be searching..
People can have these spontaniously and these days I feel many do at quite an early age.

I think the how to wake up, keep awake, or becomming aware can take different shapes and sizes. Most religous paths have a way to wake up and keep aware.
So different things work.

Meditation seems to be on technique that aides this.
My personal struggle is with staying aware.

With Love
Eelco

Cearna
22nd January 2014, 03:33
I like to put it into the terms of being open or closed. If your for some reason, have had to close off, your awareness is lost, or like a ship at sea without a rudder, or another word for it is dead headedness. If however, you then say, "I now open up", your awareness seems to burst to fullness, and over time your growth doubles. To put it another way, on your sorrows, fears and bad days, the air seems too thin, and your own loneliness comes crashing in on you, that's OK as long as you don't forget to open up at the end of it.

So, mostly, it is those fears do this to you, if you get rid of those fears, by asking your HS to get rid of them for you, because you no longer need them, asked to be healed and opened up - then you life will seem to start over again, and those realisations will bring you a lot to live for.

:ok:

Eelco
22nd January 2014, 06:26
My Practises.

I guess I have to start by saying that to date I haven’t found a sustainable practise that keeps me aware and awake and which I use to re-center myself.

Over the years I have tried many, but seem to lack in the concentration and perseverance department.

Which mostly seems to result in abandoning a practice in favour of day to day living/survival.

As most may guess I have hopes for Buddhist style meditations, which are what I am exploring now. With an emphasis on Theravadan Samatha and Vipassana practise.

That said I feel any of the practises I have used:
Reiki,
Transcendental meditation,
Various guided visualizations/meditations,
Prayer,

Holistic bio-release and Shiatsu Massage.

To name a few in my mind all have the potential to keep one centered. But they do not intrinsically carve a structured path towards self-development or insight. That is not to say that can’t be found in those practises, just that I at least lacked an understandable map of what these practises are supposed to teach.

The reason I have my hopes set on Samatha and Vipassana for now is that they promise specific verifyable states of mind, specific verifyables end results and that those end results are very well described in various ancient texts and more recent comments on those texts.

Whereas I feel many many “new age” practises although containing a core of truth keep the result very broad and in terms of subjective experience..

With Love
Eelco

Eelco
22nd January 2014, 06:34
the one thing which keeps me engaged and without a doubt re ignites my spark to persue a spiritual path is forums like these.

with love
Eelco

Eelco
22nd January 2014, 09:57
just curious.
My emphasis is on personal development. Just now it occured to me that people that wake up to the Cabal/Illuminati etc. may consider themselves awake and aware also..

With Love
Eelco

Calabash
22nd January 2014, 12:19
This is a very powerful thread. Thank you to Barbara for starting it and to everyone who has contributed so far. Although all comments are extremely valuable, I sense that mostly they require a lot of inner work to achieve. It's not that I do not wish to do the work - I just don't have the time to devote to it because of other commitments. I am particularly drawn to Colleen's "opening up". All the posts will take a long time to digest and reflect upon.

Being aware and awake, and therefore enlightened, seems to be unattainable unless you have suffered. Take these guys: Ekhard Tolle and Dr Richard Dawkins. Do we have to reach those depths before finding nirvana? Here are two very short clips, the first from is relevant to suffering. The second clip is about illusion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Deq_1lg9Dlo#t=100

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45LuPQUUEAI

If anyone has a short-cut/magic wand to enlightment then please wave it my way. Logically it should be a matter of asking our Higher Selves, but if your HS is anything like mine they take their time . . . . :)

Calabash
22nd January 2014, 12:22
duplicate post

shamanseeker
22nd January 2014, 13:04
I think we are programmed to wake up initially - at least starseeds are. When a very spiritual lady - I don't mean someone who learns rules of spirituality but pure spirituality as followed by the indigenous peoples - asked me why I was making myself suffer, something triggered inside of me and I woke up. Obviously I had other mini awakenings regarding other things but this moment was the beginning of realisation. I knew I just had to read one of Icke's books that I saw in a bookshop one day. I was too embarrassed at first to take it to the cash desk because there was a brightly-coloured reptilian on the book cover and it didn't look like a serious book but after a few visits to the shop, I bought it. I then came to other greater realisations. A period on P.A. took me further down the road and The Eternal One's own forum pulled me towards a deeper spiritual awareness. I moved further along the path when I joined TOT and thanks to Colleen and my spirit guides, I came to a much deeper understanding of how spirituality was an opening up of oneself to the Universe.

I've now realised through research which was I'm sure inspired by my higher self and guides that true spirituality is the one of the indigenous peoples. I think we can meditate when we paint, we're sitting on the train, anywhere. We do not need to follow rules. It does not matter if we sit in a particular way when we're meditating, for example. I like Osho - in his own words, a spiritual rebel - and T. Lobsang Rampa who stated also said those things don't matter. Osho said that time was too short to follow complicated spiritual paths now.

I agree with Colleen. If we open ourselves up and become receptive to the love of the creator of the Universe, it will come to us. It is not a complicated path. If we ask our guides to take our suppressed fear, guilt, sorrow, feelings of inadequacy and anger away because we don't need them anymore, it will happen. I know because I have tried it. I'm not perfect and I still have a way to go but my life has changed so much since I realised all of this. I think we can go round and round in circles following 'spiritual rules' and delving deep into the occult; some people according to Rampa can even go mad in the process.

When we rid these things from our lives we begin to love others completely with unconditional love and patience. Then we're ready to reclaim sovereignty over ourselves and not give it away to leaders, organised religions or governments controlled by negative beings. It is then that I believe we are totally awake. We will always have something to learn of course so we should never think we've arrived!

modwiz
22nd January 2014, 21:03
Animals are awake. They live in the now. I do refer to waking consciousness. Animals have very active "astral" lives. We might wonder how animals sleep so much. They enter their dream world at 'will' and work out issues of their waking existence. They play a lot too.

Calz
22nd January 2014, 21:20
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nt4JXKUv5MQ

BabaRa
22nd January 2014, 21:49
I like to put it into the terms of being open or closed. If your for some reason, have had to close off, your awareness is lost, or like a ship at sea without a rudder, or another word for it is dead headedness. If however, you then say, "I now open up", your awareness seems to burst to fullness, and over time your growth doubles. To put it another way, on your sorrows, fears and bad days, the air seems too thin, and your own loneliness comes crashing in on you, that's OK as long as you don't forget to open up at the end of it.

So, mostly, it is those fears do this to you, if you get rid of those fears, by asking your HS to get rid of them for you, because you no longer need them, asked to be healed and opened up - then you life will seem to start over again, and those realisations will bring you a lot to live for.

:ok:

I agree, closing off and shutting down is a big one. Sometimes we are so afraid of being hurt or humiliated, we feel we have to retreat to the cave - become lone wolves.

And Calabash's Eckhart Tolle's video about surrendering - so true. Giving up and letting go. We don't need to cling to the riverbanks. We can trust and let go to continue down the river of life. . . . Easier to say than do, for many of us.

What exactly are we hanging on to? Our belief systems, our opinions and judgments. Our egos that have sabotaged us time and time again.

I think I'll try this. I'll try to go as long as I can without judging or labeling anything or anybody. I won't see the glass of water as half full or half empty. I'll just see that it's a glass of water. And then I'll keep expanding that time of non-judgment, until it becomes my reality. That might be a start.

PurpleLama
22nd January 2014, 22:19
To wake up, I sat.

I kept sitting until my butt hurt.

I kept sitting until my butt stopped hurting.

ronin
22nd January 2014, 22:20
one step forward three steps back.

it,s a frustrating process.
sometimes you get it all.then it is gone.
try to explain it to other people and they don,t get it.
try to learn new information and you may not get it.

experience something personal,then doubt can creep in days later.

your level of awareness is where you are suppose to be now.
no wrong or right.you just have to keep sifting through.

donk
22nd January 2014, 22:23
Y'all are dreamin' if ya think you're "awake"

modwiz
22nd January 2014, 22:24
To wake up, I sat.

I kept sitting until my butt hurt.

I kept sitting until my butt stopped hurting.

This is great.:hilarious:

modwiz
22nd January 2014, 22:28
Y'all are dreamin' if ya think you're "awake"

Since y'all includes all of us perhaps you will expand on your comment.

Effective dreaming (almost the same as dreamin') is a big part of being awake. The less difference between dreaming and waking world is usually a sign of work well done, IMO.

PurpleLama
22nd January 2014, 22:34
One sleeps to dream, and the dream is this life.

ronin
22nd January 2014, 22:37
would a person who has truly woken up even bother to post on forums?

would they not see life and creation as it is and truly intended to be?

they would know the truth and know that we all awake when the time is right for the individual.

waking up for me would be opening all the chakra,s and the pineal gland.

maybe only when that happens can the truth be seen.

christ consciousness ?

PurpleLama
22nd January 2014, 22:40
just because one has gone to the center of the galaxy and back, does not mean that one might not continue on as before upon return....

it is well to visit, but not to live on the other side, until the work around here is done....

PurpleLama
22nd January 2014, 22:41
I should add, this contact with the other side, brings the necessary calm and balance to the fore, so the work might be accomplished efficiently....

Calabash
22nd January 2014, 23:06
Do you think Robert Monroe was awake and aware? He told many stories of his travels but none of it really made me want to join him . . . :)

modwiz
22nd January 2014, 23:13

they would know the truth and know that we all awake when the time is right for the individual.

christ consciousness ?

Some who think they might be of assistance feel 'compelled to do so. The deepest regrets often come from not doing.

modwiz
22nd January 2014, 23:16
Do you think Robert Monroe was awake and aware? He told many stories of his travels but none of it really made me want to join him . . . :)

Monroe was certainly an 'awakener'. He may have been 'compromised' at some level. Much material has to be 'mined'. A heap of material is brought into our awareness for consideration. Some refinement, even if just personal, is required to obtain what is 'precious, if anything, from that heap.

donk
23rd January 2014, 00:02
My post included a pun, or as my sophomore AP English (British Lit) teacher call them "the lowest form of humour". Perhaps they (and my slang) are beneath your thread? :onthequite:

modwiz
23rd January 2014, 00:22
My post included a pun, or as my sophomore AP English (British Lit) teacher call them "the lowest form of humour". Perhaps they (and my slang) are beneath your thread? :onthequite:

That's right. Take a hike.:onthequite:
(This is a humor test)

donk
23rd January 2014, 00:57
Was that a BARB?

That English teacher went by the name of Mrs REILLY (I s*** you not!)! Ain't that RAD?

Yuck, I'm sure you had your FILL of puns for the day, I'm going to sleep

Herbert
23rd January 2014, 01:12
It is a lot easier to complete full integration of your 50 dimensional perceptual awareness than it is to reverse the process.

The reason for that is that once you have experienced being wholly human you will ask yourself why you would ever want to go back to sub-human limitations. Animals smile and play because they feel the love of mother Earth. Only the ones in Zoos and human civilizations where they are fed GMO corn have lost that connection.

We brought in a 2 week old kitten that had lost it's mother. We bottle fed her on store-bought milk until we realized it was greatly lacking in nutrition, so we got some sheep milk and she began smiling again and she prospered. We could not have her spayed without taking the vaccinations, the Vet insisted it was the law, and naturally the payment was for a first and a follow-up. 3 days after the 2nd set of shots ( my wife's insistence - not mine), she went mad. No one could get near her, including the other cats. She would not venture out from her hiding place even to eat and drink. Eventually I put water down in front of the narrow space and it still took 2 weeks before she returned to trusting her friends.

That's just a few of the things holding humans back. I'm sure everyone here gets the picture.

In respect to the OP you can't get there from here (I mean the mess we've created), you have to do it through organic nature - the Earth energy which allowed you to come here in the first place. We are Nature's guests.

I'll continue later here with a bit about how it feels to be fully integrated from someone who has made that transition. By the way most animals never left being fully integrated.

Chris Thomas explains what it was like when he underwent full soul reintegration 12 years ago in 2002 and how much harder it was to reverse that process when he was asked to come back.

Taken from: http://www.thespiritguides.co.uk/Article_Chris_Thomas_Update_on_Mother_Earth_-_The_Spring_Equinox_2012_9452.aspx

There is no barrier to anyone on the planet undergoing full soul re-integration if that is what they choose to do at any time they choose.

If a sufficient number of people underwent full soul re-integration, the Velon would be defeated and Mother Earth would return to nurturing Her children.
So what is stopping people from doing this? Nothing.

Everyone has absolute freedom of choice to choose their actions and so any, or all, of the 2.5 billion people who stated last October that they were ready to complete soul re-integration can so do anytime they choose.

The problem is that many of the statements made by these 2.5 billion about their state of readiness were a little optimistic and seems to be mainly due to The Human Plan coming to its end.

Most people seem to have said “The Human Plan has ended and I have one year to sort myself out so I had better say I am ready even if I am not!”
I can hear many of you starting to say something along the lines of:

“So where does he get off criticising me? If he is so wonderful, why hasn't he undergone soul re-integration?”

The answer to that is: I did undergo full soul re-integration 10 years ago but it was requested that I return.

Since the age of 7, I knew that I could access a source of information that others could not – this is the Akashic. Also, for the past 30 years I have been working as a healer and, in recent years, as a psychic surgeon.

10 years ago, I underwent the process of change, of soul re-integration.

It was wonderful, beyond anything that I had imagined. Every sense becomes heightened to a level where every single colour becomes a rainbow of colours that do not exist in the physical world. Every smell is expressed in colours and impressions of what originated it (although you can switch off to the more unsavoury ones). Touching something is like reading its history and, if it is living, its sense of being. All of the senses become so enlarged that we do not have the vocabulary to express the sensations in words.

Every thought takes on a reality, every sensation becomes a part of you and every living thing shares its reality with you. It is a world beyond human imaginings, beyond human experience and beyond description.

However, given my ability to read the Akashic and to heal people, I was asked if I would reverse the process and return to the world of the human and begin to write about human history and human potential. How could I refuse Mother Earth?

So, 10 years ago, I returned and continued to write my 11 books, to give talks and to push my potential as a healer as far as I could.

My healing work developed in ways which allowed me to remove implants from people?s bodies, particularly Velon implants. This work I did for many years and frequently came under attack by the Velon. Unfortunately, the Velon found a way through my defences – long story – and ended up causing me considerable physical damage.

This damage meant that I had to give up seeing people for healing and stop giving talks. Instead, I have written more books and more articles and essays to try to encourage people to understand that we are a part of Mother Earth, we have a potential and that potential can only be fulfilled by undergoing soul re-integration. My experience of soul re-integration is an extremely happy one. The transition was unbelievably simple and straight forwards – I experienced no difficulties or problems of any kind. One minute I was my normal self; the next my “super self”. The only problems I experienced was with returning to my previous state – that process took several days of recovery.

I am just me – nothing beyond the ordinary, nothing beyond anyone else but if I can undergo soul re-integration in such a calm and peaceful way, I cannot understand why anyone is reluctant to fulfil their potential and to honour the promise they made to Mother Earth at the start of The Human Plan 7,000 years ago.

To explain a little about a “full soul state”:

We are used to living our lives with one quarter of the soul intact within our bodies – the physical self. When the other three quarters of the soul are brought into the physical body, the body undergoes numerous changes.

The body becomes lighter in density and emits an internal translucent glow. Our energy field, the aura, glows very brightly and extends a huge distance beyond the body.

In other words, it becomes extremely obvious that you are not like other people but have an energy about you that marks you as very different.

If someone in this whole soul state walked down their local high street, they would immediately be recognised as someone “different” and either thought of as being some kind of “alien” or, more likely, be treated as some kind of “god-like” figure and a new religion would be built around them.

This is why you will not meet any of the 1.5 million people who have already undergone soul re-integration. They live in isolated communities well away from the westernised world and have cloaked themselves in psychic protection barriers. If anyone, who has not re- integrated, approaches them, they cloak themselves behind these barriers and their presence will not be felt.

What was the promise we made Mother Earth? In order to explore the problems related to the Earth's base-note frequency, we divided the soul into the higher self and the physical self.

In return, Mother Earth agreed to allow us to remain on the planet in a condition She considered to be “sub-human” – a Human Being, Mother Earth considers to be a fully physical being with the whole of the soul contained within the body. Whilst in our sub- human state, She would allow us a great deal of latitude in how we behaved and what avenues of research we pursued; as long as at the end of the 7,000 years allotted to The Human Plan, we returned to our true Human Being state or we left the planet.

2.5 billion people on Earth stated, as of the 28th of October 2011, that they were ready and able to undergo full soul re-integration. Whilst many agreed together that it would be better if we all underwent soul re-integration together so that we could sweep away the influence of the Velon and the Illuminati in one move, not all of the 2.5 billion agreed to that.

So since the end of October 2011 we should have seen a slow trickle of people completing. As the trickle continued, it should have triggered a growing number of people completing until the growing number of completions brought about the tsunami of over 2 billion souls sweeping away all those who would oppose human soul re-integration.
This has not happened. And yet, at the time of writing, we are almost five months beyond October and only eight months away from December.

The reasons for this lack of forwards movement has been difficult to understand; certainly the Velon presence and influence does not account for the problem as, after all, 1.5 million people have already completed soul re-integration.

So where does the problem lie?

On the face of it, there should be no problems at all given that all of the necessary energy patterns are in place and are freely available to everyone who chooses to make use of them.

The Velon are definitely a problem but they are causing people to be misled, as proven by the 1.5 million, if someone is ready to undergo soul re-integration, even the Velon cannot stop them.

The problem is with people themselves.

Most of the 2.5 billion who claim that they are ready and able appear not to be. If they were, they would have changed.

People’s choices that were confirmed in October 2011 seem to have been very optimistic and coloured with a great deal of wishful thinking.
So how can you tell if you are ready?

This process of self-discovery is detailed in The Human Soul but here is a simple exercise that can help you understand where you are:

Say a family member, a friend or a work colleague starts to criticise you; what is your immediate reaction?

1. You react angrily, totally denying the criticism and think of a way of criticising the person back.

2. You burst into tears and apologise profusely.

3. You consider what they have said and think about your own behaviour. If the criticism is accurate, you apologise and say you will deal with it. If the criticism is not accurate, you gently explain to the person that their criticism is unwarranted.

If your answer was 1 or 2, you still have some way to go to resolve your “issues” before you can re-integrate.

If your answer was 3, it means that you are well on your way to where you need to be and probably could re-integrate at any time you choose.

That is a very simple exercise to illustrate what is meant when people say you still have “issues” to resolve.

Issues are really just an indication of how honest you are with others and how honest you are with yourself.

In answer 3, the person honestly considers whether the criticism is valid. If it is valid, they modify their behaviour. If the criticism is not valid, they calmly explain that the person making the criticism is mistaken. That is being honest with themselves and with others.

Everybody needs to take a long hard, but most of all, honest look at themselves to see if they are totally honest with the world. If you are not, then you need to make some changes in the way in which you see yourself and your relationship with other people.

That is all that is needed. It is that simple – total honesty with yourself and with others indicates that you are ready to move on.

If you realise that you are not totally honest with yourself or with others, you are not ready for soul re-integration and you will need to deal with your lack of honesty very quickly if you still want to undergo soul re-integration.

The Future

Every single soul who is currently in human form chose to be on Earth at this time. Nobody has been forced to be here, every soul made a totally free choice to be here at the end of the Human Plan.

There is one thing to remember in all of this: NOBODY CAN DO IT FOR YOU!
Only you can move yourself forwards and you cannot take anyone with you.
Neither can anyone take you with them.

The other concern people have is to do with what happens to their pets? If they complete their soul re-integration, will their pets be OK? All animals are very psychic and so they know what you want of them. The problem is that we usually do not know what they want from us. Undergoing full soul re-integration means that you will not leave your pets behind but will be able to live with them but with you having full psychic communication with your pets. Both of you will know exactly what the other wants and so you will have the perfect partnership.

That is a situation which is worth speeding up your soul re-integration to achieve!

The problem is that humans are being humans and are endlessly prevaricating – I want to do this, but...

Humans will always find an excuse for not doing something and the more times you use the word “but” is an indication of how far away from soul re-integration you really are.

Every single person on the planet has made up their mind about whether they undergo soul re- integration or not. Now is the time to take action.

Remember the agreement we made with Mother Earth at the start of The Human Plan: We will give ourselves 7,000 years to find the new base-note frequency that is needed to return to being a true Human Being living on Earth. If we fail to achieve this goal, we will leave the planet and return to our place of soul origin.

That is the agreement all of us freely entered into with Mother Earth.

donk
23rd January 2014, 01:48
Not kidding, I remember the definition that hundred and two year old woman (with the physical vitality of a 40 year old, with a soul as old time) Mrs Reilly taught us: a pun is a play on words.

Maybe being able to consider the wisdom of a moment in time, wondering at why that particular memory, that special now--of all nows, why has that one stuck with me? Learning from remembering, by staring in the mirror, loving whatever comes back, not afraid to expose yourself to the universe no matter what the reflection may be. Making that your purpose, ingraining that responsibility within yourself, is that awakening?

A part of me feels a shame an emoticon cannot express at actually posting the silly word play. Another part is just as ashamed to bare my soul to some Internet forum weirdos. Another feels pride for being clever, getting someone's attention, making someone think, making myself look clever--impressing my friends, my family.

Give it a name...(awakening). It's nice to be able to do it. Truth always.

modwiz
23rd January 2014, 01:57
There are two kinds of puns for me. Proper puns and two thirds (2/3) of a pun, which is, P U

I specialize in the latter.:p

With me, corn is always in season.:ok:

Eelco
23rd January 2014, 03:20

christ consciousness ?

Depends on what awake entails.
These days i don't think an enlightened being is all knowing. If they need to have a new skill for survival reasons they have to learn it just like is.
Percieving the truth of life, does not help build a super fertilizer for instance.
It won't make you win the lottery because you know the numbers either.

What do you think will happen to you when you open up all your chakra's and pineal gland?
I think i've met a few "enlightened" people They we just like the rest of us and yet more.

The more however was very profound and nothing what I used to think enlightened people were supposed to be capable of.
As one "master" said once.
just keep don't know mind

With Love
Eelco

BabaRa
23rd January 2014, 05:08
Was that a BARB?

Did somebody call me?

:back to topic:

Quote Originally Posted by ronin

Why not - perhaps to be a catalyst for change.

If one is still here, one must participate on some level.

Before Enlightenment: Chop wood, carry water
After Enlightenment: Chop wood, carry water . . . . but with a compassionate open heart and always a smile.

Altaira
23rd January 2014, 07:49
To be awake means not to be asleep. This is extremely simplistic but when you think about it to be asleep means to cut yourself of the main surrounding and to explore other realities and their levels in a different state of consciousness. Once you achieve to do this with the knowing what happened there then you become an explorer whose dreams keep the consciousnesses alert even in the dream state, your physical body sleeps but you don't and you know it. Lessons from this experience can be digested in a physical awake state thus you can become awake in more levels. The more you explore the more you get to know other states of consciousness and the more you are awake in the physical world.

So for me to be awake has different stages or shades. You can be awake to an extent just to see through the illusions of the material world which I think all of us here are and after that the more we explore our inner layers the more our awareness grows and we become more awake.

There are various ways to achieve it as we've seen many examples but it always starts with some inner urge, it's just like our consciousness is knocking at door to get out and start it exploration. Isn't this our primal purpose?

Sooz
23rd January 2014, 07:55
Some who think they might be of assistance feel 'compelled to do so. The deepest regrets often come from not doing.

Are you speaking from the heart here Mr Wizzy?

modwiz
23rd January 2014, 08:14
Are you speaking from the heart here Mr Wizzy?

I am.

Calabash
23rd January 2014, 12:38
To be awake means not to be asleep. This is extremely simplistic but when you think about it to be asleep means to cut yourself of the main surrounding and to explore other realities and their levels in a different state of consciousness. Once you achieve to do this with the knowing what happened there then you become an explorer whose dreams keep the consciousnesses alert even in the dream state, your physical body sleeps but you don't and you know it. Lessons from this experience can be digested in a physical awake state thus you can become awake in more levels. The more you explore the more you get to know other states of consciousness and the more you are awake in the physical world.

So for me to be awake has different stages or shades. You can be awake to an extent just to see through the illusions of the material world which I think all of us here are and after that the more we explore our inner layers the more our awareness grows and we become more awake.

There are various ways to achieve it as we've seen many examples but it always starts with some inner urge, it's just like our consciousness is knocking at door to get out and start it exploration. Isn't this our primal purpose?

Being pedantic I guess there are many different realities even before we go down the awake route. There's dreaming, of course, but then there are other levels of unreality when we're watching a movie or TV, or concentrating so hard on something that everything else is blocked out and daydreaming.

Fred Steeves
23rd January 2014, 13:27
So what exactly *is* being awake or enlightened? Is that all there is to it, you're now good to go for eternity? Does a person such as say, Eckhart Tolle, have no more inner work to be done?

Here's how I see this. Terms such as "awake", "aware", and "enlightened", are nothing but traps. That there is no end to the "know thyself" process, only the occasional new plateau. Once we *think* we have made it, then we have. Right there is where we sit and stay, until our thinking once again becomes otherwise out of sheer necessity.

Plato's "Allegory of the Cave" is a good example. The slave is rescued from his illusory underground world, and brought to the surface to behold true reality. Well hold on a second here... This may be a most excellent and profound first step, but suppose the wise old man who rescued him from that false reality, is himself mistakenly convinced his current reality out in the sunshine is the end all, be all of true reality? Were that the case, then he was only slightly less trapped than the one he "rescued". Now they are both equally trapped.

If you're not familiar with this allegory, the short animated story below describes it quite well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E13Jyi1C2m4

shamanseeker
23rd January 2014, 13:48

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. I think puns can be very funny and intelligent ;)

PurpleLama
23rd January 2014, 14:58
So what exactly *is* being awake or enlightened? Is that all there is to it, you're now good to go for eternity? Does a person such as say, Eckhart Tolle, have no more inner work to be done?

Here's how I see this. Terms such as "awake", "aware", and "enlightened", are nothing but traps. That there is no end to the "know thyself" process, only the occasional new plateau. Once we *think* we have made it, then we have. Right there is where we sit and stay, until our thinking once again becomes otherwise out of sheer necessity.

Plato's "Allegory of the Cave" is a good example. The slave is rescued from his illusory underground world, and brought to the surface to behold true reality. Well hold on a second here... This may be a most excellent and profound first step, but suppose the wise old man who rescued him from that false reality, is himself mistakenly convinced his current reality out in the sunshine is the end all, be all of true reality? Were that the case, then he was only slightly less trapped than the one he "rescued". Now they are both equally trapped.

Speaking for myself, here, it is well understood that as long as it appears that this body is being occupied by my self, then the reality being perceived through its senses is a shifting thing.

I started to post earlier, but the reception was against me, something to the effect of waking from the dream necessarily entailing dreaming yet again. The mistake is assuming there is any one reality more real than the rest. So, rest in the fact that what's part of you what's infinite, universe is leading the way.

Each of us is being pulled up, pulled along, the ways being according to what we have set in store. All is well.

Eelco
23rd January 2014, 15:22
Been pondering the growing Up vs becomming awake idea. both are continues processes without end.
just a ripening or deepening understanding.
some mind states can be known fully. Say the mindstates that are the result of medattative practises.
so one is enlightened in such a state. however it seems that shamanic mindstates for instance are something else all together in subjective and objective experiences.

with love
eelco

PurpleLama
23rd January 2014, 15:32
The analogy of growth to awakening is appropriate. Everything is a process, being at rest is still a process, but one where we don't interfere with what is happening. Waking up is seeing more, we never reach the end of Mystery.

BabaRa
23rd January 2014, 18:54
Here's how I see this. That there is no end to the "know thyself" process, only the occasional new plateau.

I agree. But each new plateau (at least for me) has brought more joy and peace, less stress.

My experience: If I think I've made it, life will quickly bring me something to show me: I have much more to learn.

I've learned to keep searching, so that life doesn't find it necessary to bring me the pinch.

PurpleLama
23rd January 2014, 19:49
Realizing the sense of humor of Universe, try pinching back.

BabaRa
23rd January 2014, 20:39
Realizing the sense of humor of Universe, try pinching back.

Since I have free will, I'd rather pinch you.

So tell me, is your life stress-free? And if so, how'd you get there, and if not, are you doing about it, or___________?

Tag, you're it. :cloud:

modwiz
23rd January 2014, 20:52
My life is very stress free. There are little stresses. The kind that move one forward. I got where I am by creating my own reality. It is not an overnight process but, a life long one. I have tried cruising on auto-pilot but that usually ends with some unpleasant distortion and other effects.

A big part of reality creation has no metaphysical work involved, instead it consists of choices and "housecleaning" that do not serve our growth.

Everybody has their comfort zone boundary around what is doable. Some appear to be quite comfortable turning the hamster wheel. The highlight of any given day being what is on TV when the work day is over.:fpalm:

To each their own but, we do have a crisis on our hands.:frantic:

PurpleLama
23rd January 2014, 21:05
I will take that pinch....

No, my life is by no means stress free. Pinching back the reality would involve the deliberate formation of thought forms to effect change in the reality. Being a mage of sorts, it isn't about pinching it on me own behalf. If that were the case, then life would be stress free, indeed, but no progress would be made (upon my chosen path). My own calling involves interaction with the mass consciousness, for lack of a better term. We make impressions, ripples in the reality, with every thought and deed. When we follow the guidance we are given, certain combinations of energy and intent may coalesce into something more like a wave than a ripple.

When we feel the pinch, Universe is telling us something. Don't just ask, what's it for, tell it what for.

Not necessarily telling you what's what, I realize. I feel a lot more peace and calm that most folks, not for age, but as I mentioned previously, I sat, and sat, and sat. Really, I had a drive from childhood to get to the bottom of things, lotsa paranormal and psychic experiences growing up, knowing to expect more from Universe, I tend to get more than most.

My active pursuits involve balances of my own device. Reverence/irreverence, good/bad, light/darkness, pink/purple, virtue/vice, and so on.

I totally agree with the sentiment within your post. I just like pinching back, maybe because I like getting pinched.

BabaRa
24th January 2014, 00:56
QUOTE=modwiz;10306]My life is very stress free. There are little stresses. The kind that move one forward. I got where I am by creating my own reality. It is not an overnight process but, a life long one. I have tried cruising on auto-pilot but that usually ends with some unpleasant distortion and other effects.

A big part of reality creation has no metaphysical work involved, instead it consists of choices and "housecleaning" that do not serve our growth.

Everybody has their comfort zone boundary around what is doable. Some appear to be quite comfortable turning the hamster wheel. The highlight of any given day being what is on TV when the work day is over.:fpalm:

To each their own but, we do have a crisis on our hands.:frantic:

Thanks so much for sharing.

The last few years I have found that telling the Universe what I want works for me. I don't mean asking for specific things, but generalizations; i.e., I would like to have enough income to live as I have been without having to go back to work. (I'm past retirement age) So far, it's worked.

Or when the place next to mine went on the market, I told the Universe I wanted good neighbors, happy and compatible to my lifestyle.

I find when I'm not sure what I want (as in say moving to Arizona or Colorado); the Universe reflects back to me conflicting reasons for each. I have found if I'm not sure, if I say I'm going to move to Arizona and if this isn't in my highest good, please block it, they do.

I've been doing this for long enough to know it works for me; however, I believe it thoroughly. Not sure if one doesn't believe it, it will work. Also one has to vibrationally match the outcome of their desire. My brother thinks I'm delusional, maybe so, but my life is good. My son thinks it's wrong to ask for things, that one should let the Universe decide. If you think you shouldn't, then (IMO) it wouldn't work if you tried, because then you aren't matching vibrationally to your request.

Not trying to convince anyone my way is the way. Only sharing what works for me.

modwiz
24th January 2014, 01:10
Thanks so much for sharing.

The last few years I have found that telling the Universe what I want works for me. I don't mean asking for specific things, but generalizations; i.e., I would like to have enough income to live as I have been without having to go back to work. (I'm past retirement age) So far, it's worked.

Or when the place next to mine went on the market, I told the Universe I wanted good neighbors, happy and compatible to my lifestyle.

I find when I'm not sure what I want (as in say moving to Arizona or Colorado); the Universe reflects back to me conflicting reasons for each. I have found if I'm not sure, if I say I'm going to move to Arizona and if this isn't in my highest good, please block it, they do.

I've been doing this for long enough to know it works for me; however, I believe it thoroughly. Not sure if one doesn't believe it, it will work. Also one has to vibrationally match the outcome of their desire. My brother thinks I'm delusional, maybe so, but my life is good. My son thinks it's wrong to ask for things, that one should let the Universe decide. If you think you shouldn't, then (IMO) it wouldn't work if you tried, because then you aren't matching vibrationally to your request.

Not trying to convince anyone my way is the way. Only sharing what works for me.

It would seem you have a comfortable portion figured out. This allows you to stay in that space and expand it.

We are co-creators. This has many implications. Meditations in themselves.

BabaRa
24th January 2014, 05:25
I will take that pinch....

No, my life is by no means stress free. Pinching back the reality would involve the deliberate formation of thought forms to effect change in the reality. Being a mage of sorts, it isn't about pinching it on me own behalf. If that were the case, then life would be stress free, indeed, but no progress would be made (upon my chosen path). My own calling involves interaction with the mass consciousness, for lack of a better term. We make impressions, ripples in the reality, with every thought and deed. When we follow the guidance we are given, certain combinations of energy and intent may coalesce into something more like a wave than a ripple.

When we feel the pinch, Universe is telling us something. Don't just ask, what's it for, tell it what for.

Not necessarily telling you what's what, I realize. I feel a lot more peace and calm that most folks, not for age, but as I mentioned previously, I sat, and sat, and sat. Really, I had a drive from childhood to get to the bottom of things, lotsa paranormal and psychic experiences growing up, knowing to expect more from Universe, I tend to get more than most.

My active pursuits involve balances of my own device. Reverence/irreverence, good/bad, light/darkness, pink/purple, virtue/vice, and so on.

I totally agree with the sentiment within your post. I just like pinching back, maybe because I like getting pinched.

So, you like being pinched, eh. Just as I suspected, a self-proclaimed masochist. :hilarious: Sorry, couldn't resist.

Were your psychic experiences at a young age and would you care to share?

It sounds as if you've done some good work and have had results that have benefited your life.
I hold the hope that as each one of us make steps towards finding personal peace, eventually we will reach critical mass.

PurpleLama
24th January 2014, 17:52
So, you like being pinched, eh. Just as I suspected, a self-proclaimed masochist. :hilarious: Sorry, couldn't resist.

Were your psychic experiences at a young age and would you care to share?

It sounds as if you've done some good work and have had results that have benefited your life.
I hold the hope that as each one of us make steps towards finding personal peace, eventually we will reach critical mass.

For psychic experiences of mine, they are wide and varied, and I will not descend into storytelling mode at the moment. Much will be relayed through my continued activity on this forum, undoubtedly much of that will be in the wizard's tent....

I will speak to a portion of the agreement which Universe has struck with me, I am given much wise counsel to share mostly on the condition of my willingness to continually put my money where my mouth is, so to speak. Therefore, my life was never about peace, although I have my share of that, but about learning (perpetually) and balance (perpetually). Seldom do I speak to something outside my immediate experience, or give advice I have not myself earned the right to give, that Universe does not promptly produce the test in my immediate experience. Needless to say, trauma and strife followed me for a long while, but over time has been less and less vivid, less acute, as the lessons have gone from undergoing strife to supporting others as I may as they experience similar.

ronin
24th January 2014, 18:05
t would seem you have a comfortable portion figured out. This allows you to stay in that space and expand it.

We are co-creators. This has many implications. Meditations in themselves.

we are each a sub creator of the logos?
and each logos has a sub creator?

so our goal is to find our sub creator or the true source?