PDA

View Full Version : Rhosgobel Tent At TOT

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

BabaRa
12th February 2014, 18:07
Hope you guys don't mind my jumping in here.

Will add: I have no wizard abilities, only experiences (past, present and future).

Eelco:
Does God exist because He IS or because we make him.

Something existed before the "we" to make the "we". Then "we" named it and gave it character i.e., God, Allah, Source,Divine Intelligence, etc, and then spent many lifetimes fighting over the characters and name "we" gave it. And perhaps what existed before the "we" is just all the "we's" together as a One, which split to experience many different things.

Perhaps when we all recognize that we are "The One" (if that is true), we'll quit fighting with ourselves and just enjoy the many experiences - or if not enjoying the experience we chose, will recognize we can manifest differently.

Murky area for me: Can a child born in a war-torn poverty stricken country, chose differently? Or are they there because of karmic energy (i.e. they did those things to others, so now they have to experience what it's like so maybe they'll remember not to do it next time). Or, is this all Maya, just another state of consciousness, that I can wake up from because it's really not happening, except in my mind.

PurpleLama
12th February 2014, 18:20
I honestly think that should we all suddenly have this grand epiphany of oneness, and peace were to envelop the earth, it would undermine the value of our experience. I can hear the new agers shaking in their boots.

Eelco
12th February 2014, 18:30
Hope you guys don't mind my jumping in here.

Will add: I have no wizard abilities, only experiences (past, present and future).

Something existed before the "we" to make the "we". Then "we" named it and gave it character i.e., God, Allah, Source,Divine Intelligence, etc, and then spent many lifetimes fighting over the characters and name "we" gave it. And perhaps what existed before the "we" is just all the "we's" together as a One, which split to experience many different things.

Perhaps when we all recognize that we are "The One" (if that is true), we'll quit fighting with ourselves and just enjoy the many experiences - or if not enjoying the experience we chose, will recognize we can manifest differently.

Murky area for me: Can a child born in a war-torn poverty stricken country, chose differently? Or are they there because of karmic energy (i.e. they did those things to others, so now they have to experience what it's like so maybe they'll remember not to do it next time). Or, is this all Maya, just another state of consciousness, that I can wake up from because it's really not happening, except in my mind.

Realy? is this a thread only for wizzards?
Who would mind BabaRa. (psst I don't think i have the making of a wizzard).

Your experience does cut right to the heart of the matter doesn't it.
How is all my theorizing of practical value to the child?
I don't know.

I do not believe in karma or reincarnation that would setup a choice of parents or life.
And until experienced otherwise this 3D world has very real experiences, that ARE. I think for the most part its our perception of the experience that could be called Maya.

WIth Love
Eelco

PurpleLama
12th February 2014, 18:48
I cannot account for my experience any more than anyone could account for theirs. It is a lot of mental constructs that only approximate what is. I seem to have experience that is outside of this personality, this perspective. I can't really say why, but I have suggested elsewhere that I cheated, perhaps, when setting the stage for this particular life experience.

Some of the sh!t I have been through would leave one wondering why I would have chosen that, but to expand on my certainty that at least transmigration of the soul is a reality, and self meeting self, it started with a dream, at age 3-4, one of my earliest memories. I dreamed I was an adult, and I was walking on a bridge over a rail yard, I stepped up to the handrail and jumped over it, and hit the ground. I am then above my body, a crumpled mess on the ground, I see what looks like police/ambulance lights coming from a distance, I turn from looking down at my body to looking up, and up and up I go. Now, when I was about 8 years old, in the city we lived near, I see the bridge, I see the rail yard, it freaks me out somewhat but I keep it to myself at the time.

Then, at age 16, my father suicided, a few months later my girlfriend at the time made an attempt, some months after that I start dating another girl who does the same in less than one month. Skip ahead a few years with no girlfriends, and entering college I started seeing someone, we started living together, over two years into the relationship she takes a big bottle of lithium. We were living together far away from my family, and even further from hers, so this time I get the whole experience, emergency room, stupid doctors not pumping her stomach soon enough and getting none of the lithium when they finally do, then a death watch for two or three days while her heart could stop any time from the overdose, a vividly unpleasant experience.

Less than a year after, a special person gets me a copy of There Is a River, a biography of Edgar Cayce. After finish reading the book, I was reading an appendix in the back, which was basically describing the underlying philosophy/ cosmology of the Cayce material. What I remember was a brilliant flash of light, and dropping the book. Things started changing at a rapid pace after, this was probably summer of 2000. I have a pretty good idea that something was untenable enough in another life (notice I did not say "past life") of mine that I opted for suicide, so one of the first major objectives of this one was to balance that one, the lesson fully coming about with the information in the back of that book. Just a story about myself, but maybe more than just another story. In 2001, I started having more and more paranormal/supernatural events occur in my experience, and not all of those were experienced solely by me.

Eelco
12th February 2014, 19:07
:hugs:

Thank you

With Love
Eelco

1inMany
12th February 2014, 19:27
Do you suppose the elements are feminine and masculine energies? Or possibly they are all feminine as they are associated with the earth? (Fire, water, air, earth)...or are they neither?

1inMany
12th February 2014, 19:33
I can't imagine what the world would be like if there were some type of mass awakening. That would be traumatic to say the least, as I don't think many are ready. I've about lost it, multiple times, just getting to where I am, and I have a ways to go. My experience hasn't been an overnight event, as some say a mass awakening would be, but it has made my head spin.

I don't know if little awakened communities are the answer either, though. Maybe we are supposed to help each other, and anyone around us, from each step and through each step. That would require a co-mingling, not a separation.

Just thinking out loud.

BabaRa
12th February 2014, 19:33
I honestly think that should we all suddenly have this grand epiphany of oneness, and peace were to envelop the earth, it would undermine the value of our experience. I can hear the new agers shaking in their boots.

I agree, partially. . . 'grand epiphany' we are One - big jump - and probably blinded by the light. But the recognition that we are somehow connected (which I believe we've been having) helps in the understanding (even if in the beginning for selfish reasons) that to hurt someone else is eventually hurting oneself - smaller baby steps.

In 2001, I started having more and more paranormal/supernatural events occur in my experience, and not all of those were experienced solely by me.

Same experience, however, different time frame (early 80's) due to difference in our ages. . . . I believe this happens to many as they begin to awaken, especially if it's suddenly. My understanding is that it's important not to get pulled into heavily focus on this psychic phenomena - simply accept it as a natural progression on the path. If one gets too focused on it, one becomes temporarily transfixed by it and doesn't move forward.

PurpleLama
12th February 2014, 19:54
Do you suppose the elements are feminine and masculine energies? Or possibly they are all feminine as they are associated with the earth? (Fire, water, air, earth)...or are they neither?

By definition, air and fire are masculine and earth and water are feminine, just as in the eastern concept heaven is masculine and earth is feminine.

modwiz
12th February 2014, 19:56

Classic 4 element energy assignment is:

Masculine/Yang is Fire and Air. Feminine Yin is Water and Earth.

Air is the Yin of Yang a Fire is the Yang of Yang energy. Fire is most Yang.

Earth is the Yang of Yin and Water is the Yin of Yin. Water is most Yin.

1inMany
12th February 2014, 20:23
Cancer is a water sign. So if I play with fire, what happens? Wait. Change that. I know what happens when one plays with fire. Haha on me. I meant *work with* fire. Would there be some kind of balance, then? That would be...the yin of yin working with the yang of yang. I think.

donk
12th February 2014, 20:32
, so one of the first major objectives of this one was to balance that one, the lesson fully coming about with the information in the back of that book.

This has always bothered the hell outa me...how do you "balance" or resolve or even learn anything from a "different life" (that most people--well, I anyway--never seem to have a clue existed)?

Reminds me of holographic kinetics where the dude's like "you just bend and fold space/time to fix the past/present/future...and boom, the lil spirit is on it's way and everyone is happy..." Gimme a break, you don't get to say crap like that "matter of factly"....that's some serious ****.

So anyone explain to me why anything from a seperate (& so to me, seemingly completely out of context) experience has anything to do with your current one?

And if it is so important to clear past (or different) life stuff up--can you please explain the practical mechanics of actually doing it?

modwiz
12th February 2014, 20:49
Cancer is a water sign. So if I play with fire, what happens? Wait. Change that. I know what happens when one plays with fire. Haha on me. I meant *work with* fire. Would there be some kind of balance, then? That would be...the yin of yin working with the yang of yang. I think.

Our 'balance' is one of personal choice, IMO. Many different ways to work/play with elemental energies. A glance at ones natal chart will reveal the energies that are our default 'setting'. I have one planet, Pluto, in Leo. That is it for my Fire. I use spicy and other Martian or Pitta foods to increase my fire to what would be balance for me. Sometimes more fiery and less at other times.

Colors/clothing, food, gemstones and gem elixirs are ways of bringing desired energies into our life.

modwiz
12th February 2014, 21:39
FWIW. Mercury is retrograde until the end of Feb. It is transiting (passing through) Aquarius and Pisces. Just found the below piece and noticed how it 'dovetails' well with discussions trying to be had.(Future)

With Mercury retrograde in Pisces and Aquarius, this is a strong period for getting in touch with our humanitarian goals as well as ideals. We may be more able to tap into our inner muse and come up with especially inventive ideas. However, while Mercury is retrograde in Pisces from the 6-12, we can be especially spacey when it comes to facts and figures. Retrograde Mercury aligns with the Sun on the 15th, bringing illumination to our thoughts. It's a favorable time for processing recent events and ideas, and for beginning to look at problems or issues from a new perspective and with a new understanding.

PurpleLama
12th February 2014, 22:06
And if it is so important to clear past (or different) life stuff up--can you please explain the practical mechanics of actually doing it?

What recurring themes have been expressed in your life? What challenges have you overcome? What challenges do you currently face? I suspect that Universe, in its love for efficiency, gives opportunity for learning and growth in all manner of circumstances. It is a mistake to think this experience is separate from any other experiences "you" are having, except in appearance.

If you see my post late yesterday afternoon, there is some further perspective on the mechanics of it, as I see it. As for what I shared, it is some serious sh!t, but likewise it is intensely personal, so it is not something I offered just so matter of factly, except for me it very much is. Don't worry, the current lesson I am engaging is so much more personal, none know of it besides myself, and it will not be shared.

modwiz
12th February 2014, 22:41
Here is an image merging Christ, superman and America. Superman's custume seems to effect a lizard skin look.

Now that is a visual metaphor to ponder.:shocked:

http://www.zengardner.com/wp-content/uploads/supermanjesus.jpg

PurpleLama
12th February 2014, 22:43
Also, the 7eleven sign....

modwiz
12th February 2014, 22:47
I found an article that has some thoughtful and grounded language. It is where the pic above came from.

An excerpt:

Life was never intended to be complicated, as fascinating and intricate as the Universe is. We are meant to live in harmony with the Universal forces, working in concert with the great eternal collective dance of infinite consciousness. What makes humanity cry out for deliverance is the onslaught of the invasive, parasitic forces attempting to hijack this planet and its inhabitants. That war is very real. And it’s at many levels. Why there has to be a war of some sort in the first place is ours to ponder, whether it’s a test of some sort or an opportunity for spiritual development or otherwise, but the battle is upon us and needs addressing.

We cannot over spiritualize these questions into oblivion or think they will just go away. Nor can we expect someone or something else to do the spiritual or physical work with which we are tasked. After all, that’s what religion and flighty new age intervention trip-offs teach. As crazy as conscious awareness may seem to some, most of us agree that wishful thinking in a pseudo-spiritual environment is not what the awakening is all about.

- See more at: http://www.zengardner.com/intervention-conscious-prevention/#sthash.c75pozsB.dpuf

eaglespirit
12th February 2014, 22:50
Holy 'behold-the-blasphemy'. Superman...uhhh Batman!

Calabash
12th February 2014, 23:27
Talking of Hidden Hand (it was here somewhere, can't find it) . . . . . can service to self be construed as service to others if the service to self doesn't encroach on another?

modwiz
12th February 2014, 23:51
Talking of Hidden Hand (it was here somewhere, can't find it) . . . . . can service to self be construed as service to others if the service to self doesn't encroach on another?

I cannot unwind your question.

STO is operating with thoughts and actions that equivocate to more than half of those considerations.

It is that simple.

I am a massage therapist and musician. In an honest assessment, I have more to offer people with my former profession than the latter. This informs me as to importance, focus and energy/money outlays.

Both serve me well, one serves others better.

Calabash
13th February 2014, 00:04
I beg your pardon. If we are One then STO must be redundant.. .?

modwiz
13th February 2014, 00:08
I put aside 10% of my net earnings to be used in the form of gifts for other people. Sometimes the gift is money itself. Many of my gifts are just money. This 'tithe' handles my gifts well. Spontaneous generosity, dependent on situations, happens also.

I rent a room in a house. One of the house owners happened to mention being stressed out about having no cash in their pocket. I found this unacceptable and handed them twenty dollars.

This is just the money side of STO for me. My own formula. It feeds my spirit. Personally, STO is a good guide for me. It guides me to win/win situations all the time. Abundance it a by-natural product of STO, IMO.

STS sounds so lonely to me.

Calabash
13th February 2014, 00:09

Logically 1im, maybe you should work with earth, as water nourishes earth but exhausts and vanquishes fire.

modwiz
13th February 2014, 00:12
I beg your pardon. If we are One then STO must be redundant.. .?

Can't follow that one either, Calabash.

Can the question be phrased in a different way?

We are One at cause. Not yet at effect.

We are One can be a 'rabbit hole'.

Calabash
13th February 2014, 00:14
I put aside 10% of my net earnings to be used in the form of gifts for other people. Sometimes the gift is money itself. Many of my gifts are just money. This 'tithe' handles my gifts well. Spontaneous generosity, dependent on situations, happens also.

I rent a room in a house. One of the house owners happened to mention being stressed out about having no cash in their pocket. I found this unacceptable and handed them twenty dollars.

This is just the money side of STO for me. My own formula. It feeds my spirit. Personally, STO is a good guide for me. It guides me to win/win situations all the time. Abundance it a natural product of STO, IMO.

STS sounds so lonely to me.

That's not quite what I meant, although it's good to be so generous. Hidden Hand kept emphasising was that there is only One, and that is my point. By cutting out the middle man I have made nonsense of my post it seems.

modwiz
13th February 2014, 00:27
That's not quite what I meant.... Hidden Hand kept emphasising was that there is only One, and that is my point. By cutting out the middle man I have made nonsense of my post it seems.

Now I am confused. Were you making a point or asking a question? You mention 'your point".

Context helps me, thank you.

There is only One, and the myriad emanations from It.

Hidden Hand and theirs are serving the One in their capacity and way. Some will be attracted to this for many reasons. Some of them would be very noble. In a Big Picture view.

The human avatar level is one where the One is not so apparent and tends to appear in fragments owing to fragmentary understanding. Strange 'art' can result from assembling these 'fragments'. Concepts of Diety is the 'art' here.

Framing questions in clear, question format language helps us all. This applies to all.

modwiz
13th February 2014, 00:32
That's not quite what I meant, although it's good to be so generous.

I view it as STO and abundance behavior, not generosity, on my part.

Generosity is a concept based in lack of abundance consciousness, IMO.

Calabash
13th February 2014, 00:32
Now I am confused. Were you making a point or asking a question? You mention 'your point".

Context helps me, thank you.

There is only One, and the myriad emanations from It.

Hidden Hand and theirs are serving the One in their capacity and way. Some will be attracted to this for many reasons. Some of them would be very noble. In a Big Picture view.

The human avatar level is one where the One is not so apparent and tends to appear in fragments owing to fragmentary understanding. Strange 'art' can result from assembling these 'fragments'. Concepts of Diety is the 'art' here.

Framing questions in clear, question format language helps us all. This applies to all.

Noted my liege - and apologies for being obtuse, especially knowing your difficulties with the keyboard. If I could I would do it remotely for you and thus be of STO :) x

modwiz
13th February 2014, 00:37
Noted my liege - and apologies for being obtuse, especially knowing your difficulties with the keyboard. If I could I would do it remotely for you and thus be of STO :) x

Having some one type would be a true gift. It would unleash what I have to offer in its fullest. Then, its worth, or lack thereof, would be made easier.

Your thought to lighten my typing load is greeted with joy, Calabash.

Just the thought.

modwiz
13th February 2014, 01:14
Another tobacco break, another inspirational time. I could write a huge post after each smoke. Typing permitting.:p

Could make for dull reading.:tea:

Eelco
13th February 2014, 03:52
In chinese elemental study there are 5 elements

wood - fire - earth - metal - water.
At the time that this elemental theory was concieved ther were schools that taught a 6th which would be grain.

the elements feed each other in the so called cycle as written above
so wood feeds fire
fire feeds earth
earth feeds metal
metal feeds water
and water feeds wood.
http://www.tcmstudent.com/images/gencycle2.gif

there are huge lists with correspondances as this elemental theorie was overlayed on every phenomenon.
In chinese medicine it is used by some practitioners to diagnose and treat every illnes concievable.
Not many chinese medicine practitioner will use this as their only diagnostic tool, but some do.

the quick of it when you are dis-eased because of an elemental imbalance you nurture the mother of the element. that way the body has enough to feed and calm the child.

The is also a controling cycle which keeps the elements in check when they start to get to hungry and such their mother dry so to speak.
Wood controls earth
earth controls water
water controls fire
fire controls metal
metal controls wood.

If an element gets out of control it wil either attack the element it controls. smutthering it
or insult the controlling elemet of it if that element is less powerful.

In both cases balance can be restored by feeding the mother of the attacked or insulted element
http://www.tcmstudent.com/images/controlcycle2.gif

http://www.tcmstudent.com/images/insultcycle.gif

with love
Eelco

modwiz
13th February 2014, 03:59
Thank you, Eelco. Excellent charts for the tent wall.

The absolute pinnacle of TCM (traditional Chinese Medicine) diagnosis, IMO, is pulse diagnosis. Such a reading can involve hours. My 'sense' is, in a real reading, the diagnostician, 'contacts' the body consciousness. The Animal Body. This aspect of ourselves is in charge of the body and homeostasis. Balancing of elements is another term for restoring homeostasis, in modern physiological language. Even though Western medicine does little to work with this health principle.

This is an instance where the 'doctor' uses tactile and left brained analysis, in a deep focus, to slip into the trance necessary to do what is a form of shamanic journey.

TCM is derivative of Ayurvedic medicine. The more analytical (Yellow) Chinese mind broke the 3 doshas of Ayurveda, which contain the 5 elements in combinations, into the constituent parts that better worked for their temperament intellectually and culturally.

Eelco
13th February 2014, 05:23
Pulse diagnosis in itself is used in most TCM practises as left brain as elemental diagnosis.
Where treatment is usualy more zang fu based then Wu xing.

in my study and practise of chinese medicine I have not been thaught to enter the trance you hint at. just to use pulse as a very direct imprint of what is happening now. pulse, tongue, belly diagnosis as well as questioning to see pattern wil make me create a holistic diagnosis and choose a treatment plan.

There are experiments with computers doing pulse diagnosis and get exactly the same diagnosis as experienced practitioners would.

With Love
eelco
who is at work now. but will post a pulse chart when i am at home again.

modwiz
13th February 2014, 05:48
Pulse diagnosis in itself is used in most TCM practises as left brain as elemental diagnosis.
Where treatment is usualy more zang fu based then Wu xing.

in my study and practise of chinese medicine I have not been thaught to enter the trance you hint at. just to use pulse as a very direct imprint of what is happening now. pulse, tongue, belly diagnosis as well as questioning to see pattern wil make me create a holistic diagnosis and choose a treatment plan.

There are experiments with computers doing pulse diagnosis and get exactly the same diagnosis as experienced practitioners would.

With Love
eelco
who is at work now. but will post a pulse chart when i am at home again.

The trance state I speak of is my own surmising of a story or two I have heard about very long sessions of pulse diagnosis where, when finished, the doctor would speak of a current condition being caused by a heart defect produced during rheumatic fever at age 5. This is on a monk well into adulthood in the instance that is clear in my mind. The doctor did not know the monk. He was called in because of his reputation and the grave condition of the monk.

This variety of information retreival is strikingly familiar to shamanic journeying. The osteopath Upledger, founder of the school of Cranio-sacral therapy, spoke of 'accessing the inner doctor'. This intelligence, which I contact in my work, informs the practitioner of what assistance can be rendered to the 'body' to assist it back into homeo-stasis. Whatever the technique may 'look like'.

The inner doctor always presents data that is both understood by the facilitator and in consonance with the skills brought into the situation.

At this point I want to acknowledge that Eelco has a better rounded and more extensive knowledge of TCM than I do. I want to now get out of the way of any future material he may grace us with.:ht:

modwiz
13th February 2014, 05:53

This is news to me. Good news.

Eelco
13th February 2014, 06:01
At this point I want to acknowledge that Eelco has a better rounded and more extensive knowledge of TCM than I do. I want to now get out of the way of any future material he may grace us with.:ht:

Thank you for the compliment to my knowledge, but please don't get out of the way.

your insights are as valuable as mine. I dare say even more so as they seem to arise from your place of understanding and may cause insights to occur where my knowledge is book based that everyone with the inclination to learn can get from books and a little practise.

If I came across as argumentative or thickheaded I am truly sorry.

With Love
Eelco
:

modwiz
13th February 2014, 06:15
Thank you for the compliment to my knowledge, but please don't get out of the way.

your insights are as valuable as mine. I dare say even more so as they seem to arise from your place of understanding and may cause insights to occur where my knowledge is book based that everyone with the inclination to learn can get from books and a little practise.

With Love
Eelco
:

You came across as neither.

I will look for posts where my input compliments or expands the subject from my own insights as a professional health facilitator. The shamanic aspect only entered my work this past year. It was after I went through three days of fevers so high I was 'delirious' in medical terms. These 'deliriums' were deep shamanic journeys into my own body and DNA as well as information relating to 'body' in a sense that would enhance my work. Three days alternating between semi-conscious, lucid and body shaking chills. I did this all in my tent this June. Alone.

I never once thought to monitor my temperature or seek outside assistance. I endured my process and it changed my work in a profound way. My main specialty is medical massage. I still have the 'techniques' but, my palpatory skills have become my shamanic gateway activity. It is how I contact the inner doctor.

Sooz
13th February 2014, 07:04
Hi All,

I know this will look like a useless post, but I can't keep up with this fast moving thread, gah!

I am finding it fascinating. Geez I may have to ditch my day job. (Just joking.)

I am pages and pages behind, not to mention trying to keep up with the other ones.

So little time in the matrix.

Thanks Modz. You have breathed life into TOT.

Love to all.:group hug:

Sooz
x

eaglespirit
13th February 2014, 07:07

With Love
Eelco
:

I commend and honor Your acknowledgment, Eelco...it is spiritually inclined of You to soften the ego and allow possibilities of enhancement in the healing realms.

Aho!

modwiz
13th February 2014, 07:27
Hi All,

I know this will look like a useless post, but I can't keep up with this fast moving thread, gah!

I am finding it fascinating. Geez I may have to ditch my day job. (Just joking.)

I am pages and pages behind, not to mention trying to keep up with the other ones.

So little time in the matrix.

Thanks Modz. You have breathed life into TOT.

Love to all.:group hug:

Sooz
x

Very sweet post Sooz. Thank you.

Seikou-Kishi
13th February 2014, 09:53
I can't imagine what the world would be like if there were some type of mass awakening. That would be traumatic to say the least, as I don't think many are ready. I've about lost it, multiple times, just getting to where I am, and I have a ways to go. My experience hasn't been an overnight event, as some say a mass awakening would be, but it has made my head spin.

I don't know if little awakened communities are the answer either, though. Maybe we are supposed to help each other, and anyone around us, from each step and through each step. That would require a co-mingling, not a separation.

Just thinking out loud.

A mass awakening would be the end of trauma, not the beginning.

Seikou-Kishi
13th February 2014, 10:17
By definition, air and fire are masculine and earth and water are feminine, just as in the eastern concept heaven is masculine and earth is feminine.

Personally, for all the terms masculine and feminine are used, I find they rather complicate the matter, and so I tend towards the Bardonian electric and magnetic, which admittedly might cause their own problems to somebody who reads them as a physicist would. Active and passive are an adequate pair of terms (and I suspect historical misogyny is the reason that active corresponds to masculine and passive with feminine) like the extroverted and introverted used of the signs in astrology.

I can understand why the terms masculine and feminine are used — often it's just a matter of convenience — but the fact that the "feminine" elements encompass the body and emotions while the "masculine" elements are philosophical and lofty is just a whole heap of Sense-and-Sensibility baggage I don't like to get into. I find as an astrologer that clients who don't have at least a cursory familiarity with the occult make understandable but wrong assumptions when told that a majority of their planets are in masculine or feminine signs (especially if they are physically of the other gender), but that this assumption isn't made when those signs are called extroverted or introverted, active or passive or electric or magnetic.

Calabash
13th February 2014, 11:52
Thank you, Eelco. Excellent charts for the tent wall.

The absolute pinnacle of TCM (traditional Chinese Medicine) diagnosis, IMO, is pulse diagnosis. Such a reading can involve hours. My 'sense' is, in a real reading, the diagnostician, 'contacts' the body consciousness. The Animal Body. This aspect of ourselves is in charge of the body and homeostasis. Balancing of elements is another term for restoring homeostasis, in modern physiological language. Even though Western medicine does little to work with this health principle.

This is an instance where the 'doctor' uses tactile and left brained analysis, in a deep focus, to slip into the trance necessary to do what is a form of shamanic journey.

TCM is derivative of Ayurvedic medicine. The more analytical (Yellow) Chinese mind broke the 3 doshas of Ayurveda, which contain the 5 elements in combinations, into the constituent parts that better worked for their temperament intellectually and culturally.

I thought you would enjoy this amusing story about when, in desperation, my sister - who suffers with IBS - went to the Chinese Doctor. Aided by an on-site interpretor, she was taken through a list of standard questions and then asked more questions through the interpretor. The process took ages. The Chinese Doctor hmmm-ed and haaaaa-ed with each answer, and then finally gave his diagnosis to the interpretor. The interpretor looked at my sister and said: "The Chinese Doctor said you are full of S H I T. Make this tea 3 x day". The medicine worked a treat! :)

Fred Steeves
13th February 2014, 12:04
A mass awakening would be the end of trauma, not the beginning.

I don't consider myself even remotely close to being *truly* awakened, just somewhere along that harrowing path that must be taken to get 'there'. Even so, if all that I've learned, experienced, and managed to internalize over these last 5 years were to be somehow downloaded into my 'system' of that time in the beginning, I think it would be akin to getting fried in the electric chair.

I'm not kidding either, and I'm no different than any other Joe six pack walking down the street.

Calabash
13th February 2014, 12:06
I don't consider myself even remotely close to being *truly* awakened, just somewhere along that harrowing path that must be taken to get 'there'. Even so, if all that I've learned, experienced, and managed to internalize over these last 5 years were to be somehow downloaded into my 'system' of that time in the beginning, I think it would be akin to getting fried in the electric chair.

I'm not kidding either, and I'm no different than any other Joe six pack walking down the street.

Are you describing a "kundulini" experience Fred? I've heard some of them can be pretty overwhelming . . .

Fred Steeves
13th February 2014, 12:31
Are you describing a "kundulini" experience Fred? I've heard some of them can be pretty overwhelming . . .

No Calabash, never experienced that. It's hard to explain, but I'm sure many here will know what I'm trying to get at. Take book knowledge and experience out of it for now, just the escalation in different energetic encounters has been nothing short of surreal. Each one seems to actually push the physical body to it's outer limits, but has a way of backing off at the point of system failure. The body and the psyche can then take the necessary time to absorb and internalize this, and then when the 'time' is right it will happen again.

I think it's a tolerance and endurance thing, and I just don't see how the energy I'm able to contain now, could possibly be contained in the version of Fred from 5 years ago. Of course as I said before, I think this goes for everybody. Ya with me?

Eelco
13th February 2014, 12:41
"The Chinese Doctor said you are full of S H I T. Make this tea 3 x day". The medicine worked a treat! :)

Those are the best. my favorite accupuncture point is one on the stomach meridian.Acording to old literature its treats the irrisistable urge to take of your clothes and dance on high/elevated places.

With love
Eelco

donk
13th February 2014, 13:42

Years ago when US natl politics was my favorite spectator sport, Larry King had Bill Maher (who I was a huge fan of at the time) on the show. BM was talking about the hyppocracy of the gay bashing of the (seemingly) mostly closeted homosexual GOP, giving the example of then head of the RNC Ken Mehlman who was particularly homophobic.

Larry was just floored "gosh bill why would would someone do that if they were that way?" And in that awesome Bill Maher delivery he smiles and goes "because hating yourself is the greatest love of all"

I know it was a snarky automatic comedic remark but I found it profound--the way the "mature" mainstream seemingly benign, "authority" is just absolutely clueless and in denial that their heroes could lie or even "do wrong", and how BM used mainstream to capture the attitude of the not yet awakened masses who consume this crap.

Cuz I think that's a huge part of this go around, learning not to hate ourselves. I have found self-love to be one of the hardest but most rewarding lessons...one of the most of insidious of the programming we need to remove before achieving unconditional love, which starts with self. How you feel about yourself is projected on to others, so IMO, yes, STS is essential part of STO...but the love of self has to be real, and has to be for YOU, not your ego

Eelco
13th February 2014, 14:16
just out of curiosity.
Would there be interest in a basic chinese medicine thread?

I'd be happy to start one when I return from my retreat early march.

with love
Eelco

PurpleLama
13th February 2014, 14:35
Personally, for all the terms masculine and feminine are used, I find they rather complicate the matter, and so I tend towards the Bardonian electric and magnetic, which admittedly might cause their own problems to somebody who reads them as a physicist would. Active and passive are an adequate pair of terms (and I suspect historical misogyny is the reason that active corresponds to masculine and passive with feminine) like the extroverted and introverted used of the signs in astrology.

I can understand why the terms masculine and feminine are used — often it's just a matter of convenience — but the fact that the "feminine" elements encompass the body and emotions while the "masculine" elements are philosophical and lofty is just a whole heap of Sense-and-Sensibility baggage I don't like to get into. I find as an astrologer that clients who don't have at least a cursory familiarity with the occult make understandable but wrong assumptions when told that a majority of their planets are in masculine or feminine signs (especially if they are physically of the other gender), but that this assumption isn't made when those signs are called extroverted or introverted, active or passive or electric or magnetic.

It is true that the terms masculine and feminine can create some confusion, I also prefer light and dark, and active and passive, to be used interchangeably with the previous terms.

PurpleLama
13th February 2014, 14:44
Cuz I think that's a huge part of this go around, learning not to hate ourselves. I have found self-love to be one of the hardest but most rewarding lessons...one of the most of insidious of the programming we need to remove before achieving unconditional love, which starts with self. How you feel about yourself is projected on to others, so IMO, yes, STS is essential part of STO...but the love of self has to be real, and has to be for YOU, not your ego

Care and nurture of self is prerequisite to operating in STO in any kind of consistent fashion, one not taking care of self while giving all that can be given, and one is on the path of the martyr or that of the burn out. Hence, once again, the know thyself coming again into focus, as one of the things learn in knowing self is discovering how one, by virtue of drawing breath and through no other work of our own, we find ourselves snuggled firmly in the bosom of Universe as Mother. It is a profound perception that changes everything you see about yourself and others, that this profound love of Universe for us is in fact the basis for all the love we can feel, as it is perceived that our very love is in fact the Universe loving through us. Drops in an ocean, we are.

donk
13th February 2014, 15:00
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/t1/s403x403/1601505_10151826240936685_869154368_n.png

....It's difficult to get to know yourself unless you find yourself in a position to be able to realize this

Calz
13th February 2014, 15:29
It is true that the terms masculine and feminine can create some confusion, I also prefer light and dark, and active and passive, to be used interchangeably with the previous terms.

My wife is a Sag ... yours as well if memory holds.

Try telling your wives they have a masculine sun sign and see just how well that goes over??? http://www.pic4ever.com/images/3384.gif

(or reverse the roles etc)

PurpleLama
13th February 2014, 15:38
Fortunately, my wife has a fair degree of metaphysical knowledge, so communication is clearer than it could be.... I understand the dilemma, having to define terms just to have a conversation or face the resulting element of confusion.

PurpleLama
13th February 2014, 15:39
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/t1/s403x403/1601505_10151826240936685_869154368_n.png

....It's difficult to get to know yourself unless you find yourself in a position to be able to realize this

It is difficult to realize this without disciplining the personality and doing the hard work of knowing self.

1inMany
13th February 2014, 16:23
My question about elements being masculine or feminine came from a mundane situation. I was having trouble getting a fire going the other day, and once it caught it was constant work. I said something like, "that fire! She's a bugger today." And as soon as that was out of my mouth, I wondered why I had said that. Which led me to wonder if fire was masculine or feminine.

And as I pondered this, I thought of how fire soothes me. And how I relate to fire, and also that I was created within a water sign...so then I pondered that relationship as well.

That led to other thoughts...how I pull fire into a candle, how I have used it for a ritual or two...

And the yin and the yang of the elements point to a balance, which I seek in all things...

Calz
13th February 2014, 16:51
I wanted to see how these smilies work together.

:dan::Knight::dan:

A mirthful combination, IMO.

My ... has it really already been 13 pages ago???

Change timelines (page lines)???

Pitch your tent in the Bermuda triangular wiz space???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGK8IC-bGnU

http://www.pic4ever.com/images/nudie.gifhttp://www.pic4ever.com/images/nudie.gifhttp://media.giphy.com/media/NeEHU2SZ8ok4o/giphy.gifhttp://www.pic4ever.com/images/hippo.gifhttp://www.pic4ever.com/images/hippo.gif

Calz
13th February 2014, 17:00
Sweet ... Playdo in dah tent!!!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-JIy11B3yzls/TzfDPXY02fI/AAAAAAAFYL8/gRR_rsNFfJc/s1600/Beer+Humor+funny+picture+(58).jpg

http://cdn.themetapicture.com/media/funny-Boromir-meme-beer.jpg

PurpleLama
13th February 2014, 17:08
My question about elements being masculine or feminine came from a mundane situation. I was having trouble getting a fire going the other day, and once it caught it was constant work. I said something like, "that fire! She's a bugger today." And as soon as that was out of my mouth, I wondered why I had said that. Which led me to wonder if fire was masculine or feminine.

And as I pondered this, I thought of how fire soothes me. And how I relate to fire, and also that I was created within a water sign...so then I pondered that relationship as well.

That led to other thoughts...how I pull fire into a candle, how I have used it for a ritual or two...

And the yin and the yang of the elements point to a balance, which I seek in all things...

The sign the moon is in at a given moment may have something to do with it. A fire may light better in a fire sign, produce more smoke in an earth sign, may burn better, bigger and brighter in an air sign, and be a pain in the rear in a water sign.

PurpleLama
13th February 2014, 17:33
A big Hell Yeah! from south MS to welcome brother Playdo into the tent!

http://i.imgur.com/UDmNV7O.gif

eaglespirit
13th February 2014, 17:55
Times they are a changin'...

from play-don't to an upwardly mobile Play-Do : )

Eelco
13th February 2014, 18:46

A thing about yin and yang is that from the yin/yang paradigm one can never say something is Yin or Yang.
They only exist in relation to the other. Say the seisons of the year for example. fall is yang in relation to winter, but yin in relation to summer.

With Love
Eelco

modwiz
13th February 2014, 19:00
I have awakened to a Playdo day. Welcome, my friend.

PurpleLama
13th February 2014, 19:57
http://www.revjack.com/jack/images/attack-short.gif

PurpleLama
13th February 2014, 20:01
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-F4ThvAcAT-BjsSWNb_VOFr13ichpP2VwKTNCuJVDHCYKe6cK

1inMany
13th February 2014, 20:02
Playdo! How cool is this??? Woopwoop!

Now that I think about it, that applies to two wizards in the tent...

Playdo
13th February 2014, 20:03
A howdy-doo to y'all too! It's great to make your acquaintance again, Modwiz...... Been a while, has it not? Are you still playing music, or vice versa?

I will have to do my homework, and read the thread up to this point. Notwithstanding, this being my first post, it may be off-topic with the first 70 pages. Ha!

I got in my truck this morning, cranked it up and looked at my odometer, and it read: 166,000. I was excited as 3, 6 and 9 are my numbers. I stopped by the local bakery, picked up a sun-dried tomato bagel, and spoke to the owner. The owner chastised me briefly for leaving, the week before, a $0.01 tip on a purchase. The total purchase was $6.65, and I gave a one cent tip to make it $6.66. She said most people would buy something else to avoid getting near that number. I said that I ain't most people. Ha!

And I see your next post Modwiz, will be 666. Ha!

Glad to be here, thanks.

PurpleLama
13th February 2014, 20:07
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSDYyFTur5QvcYzXwoa3O2GEzgGMsdSr s59fMBDRheKZf1hULe0uw

Calz
13th February 2014, 20:08
And I see your next post Modwiz, will be 666. Ha!

Glad to be here, thanks.

Welcome aboard.

I would post a Freeman vid about the number 666 ... but the White One would snuff me out before my fingers reached the keyboard.

Make it through the big snow/sleet/ice storm alright???

Cal

modwiz
13th February 2014, 20:20
Welcome aboard.

I would post a Freeman vid about the number 666 ... but the White One would snuff me out before my fingers reached the keyboard.

Cal

Yes. My local area was 'blessed' considering the potential. Around 4+ inches and the electric is on.

Yes, Playdo. I am aware of the number of this post.

So mote it be.

PurpleLama
13th February 2014, 20:27
Eh, I hesitate to even say it, but it is about 75 degrees outside my shop, right now.

I can practically hear my tomatoes and peppers germinating in the window at home, from here.

modwiz
13th February 2014, 20:34
Eh, I hesitate to even say it, but it is about 75 degrees outside my shop, right now.

I can practically hear my tomatoes and peppers germinating in the window at home, from here.

Now that is a temperature that sounds about right for late Winter.

I can hear that germinating in New York!

eaglespirit
13th February 2014, 20:42
Now that is a temperature that sounds about right for late Winter.

I can hear that germinating in New York!

Ahhhhhhhh...evolution : )
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRKVoW6iTGWUBdG-pSU623yOhC06VMgFv31SUhujB0eKQ4g6loK

Welcome Aboard Playdo...good to see You, here, there and everywhere : )

Playdo
13th February 2014, 20:43
Welcome aboard.

Cal

It was a colossal no-show for snow, the George Jones of storms. They cancelled work for two days, and the temp hovered at 34 while it precipitated, but no snow and very little ice that melted subsequently. So, I would answer yes, we came out the other end alright.

And good to see you too Eaglespirit, and you as well 1inmany and Calz. And Donk, too. I'm sure there others, hello to y'all, I look forward to meeting some new faces too.

modwiz
13th February 2014, 21:10
A howdy-doo to y'all too! It's great to make your acquaintance again, Modwiz...... Been a while, has it not? Are you still playing music, or vice versa?

I will always be playing music. All 432 in my personal work. The winds of Fate might have you and me with guitars and beer sitting in the same room this time next year.

Becks or ST Pauli Girl NA for me.

Seikou-Kishi
13th February 2014, 21:12

Could I asked whether it was the progress itself which caused it or your resistance to it? The inflexible snap. I consider the possibility that it was the struggle to achieve awakening that caused the hardship, rather than the awakening itself. Of course, awakening is not a state but a process, and I'm sure all of us down here are far enough away that if awakening were a book, we'd all be on the same page.

ronin
13th February 2014, 21:31
could it safe to say,
ying and yang.
light and dark.
masculine and femine.
left brain right brain.

the awakening is that of the pineal gland?the only gland in the head that is not mirrored.
and the khundilini is the snake that goes back and forth up the spine (left and right)
until it ignites the fire in the dna to awaken the pineal gland?

just wondering!

modwiz
13th February 2014, 21:40
could it safe to say,
ying and yang.
light and dark.
masculine and femine.
left brain right brain.

the awakening is that of the pineal gland?the only gland in the head that is not mirrored.
and the khundilini is the snake that goes back and forth up the spine (left and right)

just wondering!

It is safe to say. Who's going to threaten you?

ronin
13th February 2014, 21:41
please rephrase the question Modwiz as i do not understand what you are implying?

ronin
13th February 2014, 21:47

sorry got it:o

ronin
13th February 2014, 21:51
then another question would be mass awakening.
people awake when they are ready to do so.
their is no forcing the matter no matter how much material you read.
so how could there be a mass awakening?

khundalini can take up to seven years to complete.

modwiz
13th February 2014, 21:52
please rephrase the question Modwiz as i do not understand what you are implying?

Reread your post. My answer is a play with your words. It also contains a shot of my extra dry humor.:eyebrows:

modwiz
13th February 2014, 21:57
then another question would be mass awakening.
people awake when they are ready to do so.
their is no forcing the matter no matter how much material you read.
so how could there be a mass awakening?

khundalini can take up to seven years to complete.

It can also happen spontaneously in a series of chakra 'pops'.

General awakening and kundalini consciousness are different in character.

Mass awakening works from a 'tipping point'. Where an effective portion of the awakened population 'sways' the balance. There will be global effects from that. As some of us are already seeing.

ronin
13th February 2014, 21:58
It can also happen spontaneously in a series of chakra 'pops'.

General awakening and kundalini consciousness are different in character.

Mass awakening works from a 'tipping point'. Where an effective portion of the awakened population 'sways' the balance. There will be global effects from that. As some of us are already seeing.
yeah i knew that ,just testing:winner:

modwiz
13th February 2014, 22:02
yeah i knew that ,just testing:winner:

Did I pass?:confused:

ronin
13th February 2014, 22:03
my humour eludes you,it can be dry too.

Calz
13th February 2014, 22:05
It also contains a shot of my extra dry humor.:eyebrows:

Snarky is as snarky does ...

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/3f/41/7e/3f417e7d7333fd9da52a38d07d9c9bcc.jpg

ronin
13th February 2014, 22:08
don,t like the word snarky,it reminds me of sneaky.

banter is a good word.

modwiz
13th February 2014, 22:10
my humour eludes you,it can be dry too.

I got it and played back. With Otter as a medicine of mine, playfulness is in my medicine 'constellation'. That would be the array of medicines in my energy field.

Calz
13th February 2014, 22:11
I like it ... as long as it doesn't upset the white one (and it has not to my knowledge) then it works for me.

Like ... nugget ... for and from others ...

modwiz
13th February 2014, 22:13
Snarky is as snarky does ...

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/3f/41/7e/3f417e7d7333fd9da52a38d07d9c9bcc.jpg

Any words I have for this pic would not be appropriate. My PC score would plummet.:ha:

ronin
so this could leave us with how many people are seeing the reality in which they live for what it is and this is their mass awakening.

then on the spiritual side.

their are people who wake up and actually see and feel Gaia for what she is.
they may communicate with animals,see with etheric eyes,see colors and auras and have abilities beyond those of the general masses.

PurpleLama
IIRC, otter was in my spread, as well, along with hummingbird, butterfly and dragonfly, but I do not recall which directions, nor the rest of the animals except for the Left and Right.

PurpleLama
13th February 2014, 22:16
so this could leave us with how many people are seeing the reality in which they live for what it is and this is their mass awakening.

then on the spiritual side.

their are people who wake up and actually see and feel Gaia for what she is.
they may communicate with animals,see with etheric eyes,see colors and auras and have abilities beyond those of the general masses.

I know two animal communicators, both are professionals. One does healing work along with the communication bit, the other is a wonderful witch who used to work for the city zoo, but is now in the process of establishing her own petting zoo.

And, they are both named Nancy.

modwiz
13th February 2014, 22:17
don,t like the word snarky,it reminds me of sneaky.

banter is a good word.

Snarky is being a clever dick. Any chance for the little head to be clever is welcome, IMO.:hilarious:

Banter and snark only relate if the banter is snarky.:hmm:

I always keep a supply of snark on hand. Needs to be used sparingly.:popc:

modwiz
13th February 2014, 22:20
their(sp) are people who wake up and actually see and feel Gaia for what she is.

Good stuff, to be sure.

What we do with these abilities is a focus of mine. The whole, chop wood, carry water thing.
(Remembers there is still more snow to shovel)

modwiz
13th February 2014, 22:22
IIRC, otter was in my spread,

:shocked:

:ha:

modwiz
13th February 2014, 22:24
It's almost dark.

Time for a setting Sun Tobacco Time.

ronin
13th February 2014, 22:24
my non stick pan has lost it,s non sticky ness,it was a expensive pan and all the eggs stick to the bottom.
any suggestions?
apart from buying a new one.

Seikou-Kishi
13th February 2014, 22:34
could it safe to say,
ying and yang.
light and dark.
masculine and femine.
left brain right brain.

just wondering!

I don't think "awakening" (it's a word with a lot of baggage) is a physical phenomenon, so I would hesitate if I saw somebody saying it was the pineal gland. The process might have physical rammifications, but I think they're secondary.

modwiz
13th February 2014, 22:36
my non stick pan has lost it,s non sticky ness,it was a expensive pan and all the eggs stick to the bottom.
any suggestions?

No suggestions.

I only use a cast iron frying pan.

PurpleLama
13th February 2014, 22:36
any suggestions?

Throw it away and buy a cast iron skillet. When its non stick wears off, you grease it up and throw it in the oven for a couple hours.

PurpleLama
13th February 2014, 22:37
Wizards with frying pans, hahaha

modwiz
13th February 2014, 22:41
Wizards with frying pans, hahaha

:fpalm:Valar, guide us, we are becoming the food channel.:fpalm:

modwiz
13th February 2014, 22:46
I have read, FWIW, that Teflon is a 'gift' from some of the off-worlders our govs deal with. Has a lot a utility but, I am not sure of its utility in food prep.

Convenience aside.

modwiz
13th February 2014, 22:47
I know two animal communicators, both are professionals. One does healing work along with the communication bit, the other is a wonderful witch who used to work for the city zoo, but is now in the process of establishing her own petting zoo.

And, they are both named Nancy.

Nancy, eh?:eyebrows:

ronin
13th February 2014, 22:47
all that gaia has to offer we have lost.
the natural plants and alchemy to heal comes from nature.
the witches and wizards who held this knowledge where persecuted.
leaving all dependable on big pharma.

what we cook and share ,the herbs or just for the natural taste are nearly long forgotten.
food is a important part of or wellbeing.

their was a tumeric smoothie that was on zen gardners site that i wish to try.

modwiz
13th February 2014, 22:57
all that Gaia has to offer we have lost.

Not all, and a reversal is occurring. Gaia is getting very strong again. She has those aligned with Her now, amongst other factors.

The 'show' has very recently begun in earnest. 2014 will be a year of apocalypse. It already has been. The unveiling is upon us.

We are living in 'interesting times' for sure.

Here is a link to some current talks by John Lash on the Gaian Navigation Experiment, of which I am a participant.
http://gaiaspora.org/navigator-briefings/

Some of the tems used are Gnostic/Greek. He has been good at defining the terms lately. All of them are easily found on wiki, with good information and background.

Seikou-Kishi
13th February 2014, 23:01
I have read, FWIW, that Teflon is a 'gift' from some of the off-worlders our govs deal with. Has a lot a utility but, I am not sure of its utility in food prep.

Convenience aside.

Teflon in food preparation concerns me. It is created with fluorine, and I don't think fluorine has any healthy uses.

modwiz
13th February 2014, 23:01
any suggestions?

Messages from the Void.

Sticking, or adhering, can be good as a metaphor for something that is taking hold. Then there is 'stuck, as in 'caught'.

ronin
13th February 2014, 23:07
i often wonder if agent smith was right and we are the parasite on this planet.
has Gaia had enough and decided it is time for another apocalypse.
a wipe out to start again.

modwiz
13th February 2014, 23:13
i often wonder if agent smith was right and we are the parasite on this planet.
The collective 'we' are acting parasitical. It is largely an act. A closer look reveals a very small percentage of the population is truly parasitical. The bulk of humanity is currently 'caught' in a system run by parasites. Lack of knowledge leads to aiding and abetting of these 'things'.

The Wisdom goddess knows this.

Agent Smith needs to move back to Rivendell.:p

modwiz
13th February 2014, 23:18
Teflon in food preparation concerns me. It is created with fluorine, and I don't think fluorine has any healthy uses.

I was using soft language because there are still people who cook in Teflon ware and I did not want to 'make them' wrong.

I don't like to eat food prepared by others in teflon. Since those who use teflon rarely eat organic food, it is easy for me to skip a meal and save my toxic exposure for those situations where it is unavoidable. It does happen.

ronin
13th February 2014, 23:29
yup i have heard before that cast iron is best for cooking.
but it is very expensive.

PurpleLama
13th February 2014, 23:37
Cast iron will eventually become an heirloom. Most of ours was handed down from great grandparents.

modwiz
13th February 2014, 23:42
yup i have heard before that cast iron is best for cooking.
but it is very expensive.

We all have our priorities.

ronin
13th February 2014, 23:48
where does knowing thyself and finding oneself leave us ,when we are suspect able to outside influences.
not only are we drained by the media but can be a host to another being.
those parasites that may drain our etheric energy and we maybe food to them also have adversaries in the form of another being that can possess us.

toxomolis a parasite that is passed from rat to cat to human.
affecting the brain.
other dimensional beings wanting to experience life here.
demons as we know them trying to take over the body.

what can we do to keep our bodies clean and protected from these influences?

you have heard the sayings....
he,s got the devil in him.
the full moon has affected him.
it,s the drink(the spirits)
he,s not the same man.
he had the strength of a god.
he was like a animal.

people probably did and do behave like this and it is against their nature.
so what is taking control?

ps.i know i said him in all sentences,but that is not being sexist their are many hers as well.

modwiz
13th February 2014, 23:48
The emotional body communicates with sounds. Words are not its province. All words will have to be provided by the mental body. Proper balance between these two most active subtle bodies will not only result in greater peace but, much improved language of communication.

modwiz
13th February 2014, 23:57
where does knowing thyself and finding oneself leave us ,when we are suspect able to outside influences.

I'm going to take a chance that you might have meant susceptible instead of suspect able and proceed with that. (Clear language anyone?)

Susceptibility is a latency only. Like viruses (ideas that need a propagator) this latency is increased or decreased by knowing thyself. Immunity is completely about knowing self from non-self. Non-self is only knowable by knowing thyself. That is why the thymus, where T-cells obtain the immuno-competency* education is Blue/Green. Green for agape/wisdom and Blue for the will to act.

(*A legitimate and used physiological term.)

ronin
13th February 2014, 23:59
so it,s down to frequency
as in change your frequency.

that sounds hard to do with all the conditioning we have had.

whoa thats a thought!!!!!

ronin
14th February 2014, 00:02
goodnight all and thank you.

1inMany
14th February 2014, 00:03
Blue has been coming up recently. I had always heard that the throat chakra had to do with speaking one's truth, honesty, saying what needed to be said. And you have introduced me to this idea that the throat chakra relates to will. I wonder, is there something that relates these two ideas?

modwiz
14th February 2014, 00:09
Blue has been coming up recently. I had always heard that the throat chakra had to do with speaking one's truth, honesty, saying what needed to be said. And you have introduced me to this idea that the throat chakra relates to will. I wonder, is there something that relates these two ideas?

I am not seeing the separation. Speaking untruth is not True Will, True Will aligns with the Heart. The right use of will.

There is a country in the ME composed of some of the most stiff-necked, willful people on the planet. On their flag is their symbol and two lines in willful Blue. They need some Green on that flag.:ha:

1inMany
14th February 2014, 00:15
I think the separation goes back to my erroneous practice of equating each chakra with the closest physical organ. Remember the heart, and how I used to have trouble remembering the heart chakra is actually green because everything associated with the heart is red? I think I might have done this with the throat. I associate throat with voice, being vocal with speaking. And I associated will with determination and action, doing something. I was thinking "say what needs to be said," and not "do what needs to be done."

I hope that made sense, in my current fried state.

haha-fried, and here y'all were, talking about frying pans...

modwiz
14th February 2014, 00:21
I think the separation goes back to my erroneous practice of equating each chakra with the closest physical organ. Remember the heart, and how I used to have trouble remembering the heart chakra is actually green because everything associated with the heart is red? I think I might have done this with the throat. I associate throat with voice, being vocal with speaking. And I associated will with determination and action, doing something. I was thinking "say what needs to be said," and not "do what needs to be done."

I hope that made sense, in my current fried state.

haha-fried, and here y'all were, talking about frying pans...

I honestly cannot see the division. Speaking is will in words. Speaking is where much of our boundaries are managed, if we manage them.:p Our boundaries are a reflection of Will. Will is an energetic 'stance'. If we did not have our throats for Will we would have to resort to fists and sticks.

Are you still 'stuck'?

eaglespirit
14th February 2014, 00:21
A very, verily Heartly Crew here in the tent...Love, Love, Love : )

modwiz
14th February 2014, 00:26
A very, verily Heartly Crew here in the tent...Love, Love, Love : )

Hello, Dan. It is good to know it will not be too long before I see you again.

PurpleLama
14th February 2014, 00:27
I have had the association of yellow with will and blue with wisdom. Will being a function of the human being it its experience as we can understand it, it is beneath compassion and understanding. Much of this human experience can be seen as a revolution around the use of will, whereas underatanding will comprise the next go 'round. Blue will be the circle of wisdom and honor, and will and understanding will each be fundamental to it. My color cosmology derives from many sources, but the primary would be the Ra material. While the yellow is personal will, blue would include magical will and words of power.

eaglespirit
14th February 2014, 00:31
I have had the association of yellow with will and blue with wisdom. Will being a function of the human being it its experience as we can understand it, it is beneath compassion and understanding. Much of this human experience can be seen as a revolution around the use of will, whereas underatanding will comprise the next go 'round. Blue will be the circle of wisdom and honor, and will and understanding will each be fundamental to it. My color cosmology derives from many sources, but the primary would be the Ra material. While the yellow is personal will, blue would include magical will and words of power.

Hmmm...melikes alot, cuz I'm a 'blue' kinda guy...uhhh, spirit : )

1inMany
14th February 2014, 00:54

Well. Hmmm. I had a moment of understanding, and lost it with this explanation.

Back up one step. If I had a sore throat, let's say, would this possibly have something to do with the throat chakra? Possibly...not proper boundaries?

And on the subject of will...is this not determination? And this is equated with yellow, so is this related to the solar plexus chakra? I am not too familiar with the work of Crowley, but when you speak of will beneath compassion and understanding I recall the recent discussion of his Thelema. So, are we talking about the same thing?

Maybe I shouldn't get hung up on chakras and such. I guess I got interested when I started looking for an energetic cause to a physical problem.

Apparently, I am not still stuck, I am again stuck. :p

modwiz
14th February 2014, 01:00
Gathering information can be like gathering herbs. Just pick the ones that are useful. Leave the rest for when they become of utility.

eaglespirit
14th February 2014, 01:01
Apparently, I am not still stuck, I am again stuck. :p

1inmany...Your heart is already showing the way...
You cannot get stuck, You've been around schools too much, haha : )

1inMany
14th February 2014, 01:09
1inmany...Your heart is already showing the way...
You cannot get stuck, You've been around schools too much, haha : )

Thank you for making me smile. All the way into my heart :)

PurpleLama
14th February 2014, 01:38
Everything relates together in symbolic ways, energetic properties and correspondences pervade everything in the experience. The throat chakra can be seen to relate to will, it relates to communication as well, and the color it would be ascribed is blue. The rays and densities a la Ra also have their relation to the body and to colors, but would vary somewhat from the attributes traditionally ascribed to the chakras. The thymus/aqua being absent from the traditonal color theory, understandings of chakras, and from the color rays of the Law of One might be an oversight of a universal proportion. It does make me want to go back to the Cayce material and see what he said about the thymus.

Playdo
14th February 2014, 01:39
Throw it away and buy a cast iron skillet. When its non stick wears off, you grease it up and throw it in the oven for a couple hours.

I agree the cast iron is the best way to cook a lot of stuff. There's Carmody's bain marie, too, but I've never used one of those.

By the way, don't wash a cast iron skillet with soap. It will remove the grease coating that is ever so important. My wife uses her grandmother's, as PL said, an heirloom.

Playdo
14th February 2014, 01:42
I will always be playing music. All 432 in my personal work. The winds of Fate might have you and me with guitars and beer sitting in the same room this time next year.

Becks or ST Pauli Girl NA for me.

Brilliant! That sounds like an appallingly good time. And I believe we can make good on said request. :chrs:

Fred Steeves
14th February 2014, 10:23

Her love outweighs her deep pain. She's very patient.

Calabash
14th February 2014, 12:04

Convenience aside.

You are right. Teflon, delivered by DuPont, one of the 13 bloodlines.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTDXpkTp18I
I'm looking for some isochronic chakra sounds and came across this digeridoo video which it says is in harmony with 432.
It's quite compelling and intially sounds like "OM" and then develops into the wail of a railroad train . . . .

PurpleLama
14th February 2014, 12:28
To further expand on yellow and the use of will, yellow is the ray of contracts in life, marriages, mortgages, any legal activity, also it is social relationships and official ones, what we have with friends and acquaintances, bosses, coworkers, employees. All of this relates to the yellow, so one might see how the association of yellow and will would operate. When one is following a higher path, one might find the green informing the yellow in the form of charity, for example, when the yellow ray activity is guided by understanding that I am You, and the good which is enacted for those in need feeds the whole along with those in need. Blue informing the yellow would be in the form of clarity of communication revealing the true nature of the yellow ray interaction between individual beings, also it would be seen in the wise counsel given by one able to meditate on a problem and see the most balance solution. Either of these scenarios of the higher rays informing the yellow should be seen to be present in what would be aqua, and in its higher form, indigo. While aqua would behold the vision of what is right according to Universe's plan, indigo would carry the power to create what the aqua has the capacity to see.

1inMany
14th February 2014, 12:46
Thank you, PL, more clarity there for me. Is there a particular area of the body associated with aqua the way red is associated with the area of the root chakra or yellow with the stomach area?

eaglespirit
14th February 2014, 12:46
Happy Valentine's Day to ALL You Lovely Ladies here at the Tent : )

PurpleLama
14th February 2014, 13:18
The chakras are associated with glands, as we have it from the Cayce material, and the gland which lies between the heart an the thyroid is the thymus gland. As a gland, it would have its associated energy vortex/chakra, and as it would fall in the rays, it is between blue and green, therefore aqua/teal.

Although it may seem that I disagree in some respect with Mod, I hope to see him elaborate further on his knowledge of chakras and their attributes, as upon further examination more correspondences between the perspectives wil be found, and we all may learn a thing or two. Such is the wonder of the Tent.

Moonlight
14th February 2014, 15:42
This thread is moving so fast, there is no way I can keep up. So this here may be way out of the conversation. So be it. I'm of the wolf clan, meaning that wolf has always been with me, so anything with wolves I'm interested in. Since I live by the Kitchissippi, the Great River, I have a keen love of rivers too. I believe that this knowledge belongs here, in the tent, because what I get from it is that we are all One. Everything we do affects the other.

Enjoy !

http://youtu.be/ysa5OBhXz-Q

Melidae
14th February 2014, 17:11
Originally Posted by ronin

Her love outweighs her deep pain. She's very patient.

We speak much about spiritual matters, yet little about our Earthly Mother...tho' we are physically born of our Earthly Mother and spiritually born of our Heavenly Father.

The Essene Gospel of Peace (found here: http://www.essene.com/GospelOfPeace/peace1.html) speaks of our Earthly Mother...

Your Mother is in you, and you in her. She bore you she gives you life. it was she who gave to you your body, and to her shall you one day give it back again. Happy are you when you come to know her and her kingdom; if you receive your Mother's angels and if you do her laws. I tell you truly, he who does these things shall never see disease. For the power of our Mother is above all. And it destroys Satan and his kingdom, and has rule over all your bodies and all living things.

"The blood which runs in us is born of the blood of our Earthly Mother. Her blood falls from the clouds; leaps from the womb of the earth; babbles in the brooks of the mountains; flows wide in the rivers of the plains; sleeps in the lakes; rages mightily in tempestuous seas.

"The air which we breathe is born of the breath of our Earthly Mother. Her breath is azure in the heights of t heavens; soughs in the tops of the mountains; whispers the leaves of the forest; billows over the cornfields; slumbers in the deep valleys, burns hot in the desert.

"The hardness of our bones is born of the bones of our Earthly Mother, of the rocks and of the stones. They stand naked to the heavens on the tops of mountains; are as giants that lie sleeping on the sides of the mountains, as idols set in the desert, and are hidden in the deepness of the earth.

"The tenderness of our flesh is born of the flesh of our Earthly Mother; whose flesh waxes yellow and red in the fruits of the trees, and nurtures us in the furrows of the fields.

"Our bowels are born of the bowels of our Earthly Mother, and are hid from our eyes, like the invisible depths of the earth.

"The light of our eyes, the hearing of our ears, both are born of the colors and the sounds of our Earthly Mother; which enclose us about, as the waves of the sea a fish, as the eddying air a bird.

"I tell you in very truth, Man is the Son of the Earthly Mother, and from her did the Son of Man receive his whole body, even as the body of the newborn babe is born of the womb of his mother. I tell you truly, you are one with the Earthly Mother; she is in you, and you in her. Of her were you born, in her do you live, and to her shall you return again. Keep, therefore, her laws, for none can live long, neither be happy, but he who honors his Earthly Mother and does her laws. For your breath is her breath; your blood her blood; your bone her bone; your flesh her flesh; your bowels her bowels; your eyes and your ears are her eyes and her ears.

"I tell you truly, should you fail to keep but one only of all these laws, should you harm but one only of all your body's members, you shall be utterly lost in your grievous sickness, and there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth. I tell you, unless you follow the laws of your Mother, you can in no wise escape death. And he who clings to the laws of his Mother, to him shall his Mother cling also. She shall heal all his plagues, and he shall never become sick. She gives him long life, and protects him from all afflictions; from fire, from water, from the bite of venomous serpents. For your Mother bore you, keeps life within you. She has given you her body, and none but she heals you. Happy is he who loves his Mother and lies quietly in her bosom. For your Mother loves you, even when you turn away from her. And how much more shall she love you, if you turn to her again? I tell you truly, very great is her love, greater than the greatest of mountains, deeper than the deepest seas. And those who love their Mother, she never deserts them. As the hen protects her chickens, as the lioness her cubs, as the mother her newborn babe, so does the Earthly Mother protect the Son of Man from all danger and from all evils.

I was reminded of this when, in the course of meandering through the internet, I came across the following video...and laughed with joy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pf9SbpF_1s

BabaRa
14th February 2014, 19:13
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pf9SbpF_1s

Thanks Melidae, I've seen this video before (been a while), but each time it brings joy to my heart and a smile to my face. A great reminder.

modwiz
14th February 2014, 19:32
Beautiful video. It touched me deeply.

Steak anyone?:rolleyes:

modwiz
14th February 2014, 19:40
The chakras are associated with glands, as we have it from the Cayce material, and the gland which lies between the heart an the thyroid is the thymus gland. As a gland, it would have its associated energy vortex/chakra, and as it would fall in the rays, it is between blue and green, therefore aqua/teal.

Although it may seem that I disagree in some respect with Mod, I hope to see him elaborate further on his knowledge of chakras and their attributes, as upon further examination more correspondences between the perspectives wil be found, and we all may learn a thing or two. Such is the wonder of the Tent.

I do have a concern around confusion. Any one system comes with confusion attending newness and integration time.

I remember Cayce having a different color system than provided in Vedic knowledge. I have always considered it a secondary system. Do you have Cayce's weekday colors? I remember Sat. being Red and Thurs. being Orange. I'd like to have those again.

PurpleLama
14th February 2014, 20:25
I remember Cayce having a different color system than provided in Vedic knowledge. I have always considered it a secondary system. Do you have Cayce's weekday colors? I remember Sat. being Red and Thurs. being Orange. I'd like to have those again.

Not right off, but as soon as I started to look I found this. (http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CC0QFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fjuliank.com%2Fenglish%2Ftheosophy %2Ffiles%2FEdgar_Cayce%2FEdgar-Cayce-on-Meaning-of-Aura-Colors.pdf&ei=OIj-Usv-GYWtkAeAz4CwBQ&usg=AFQjCNHcmYMaX_YEkpQwpV6ycJqhsIqgQg&bvm=bv.61535280,d.eW0&cad=rja) An essay on auras and colors, written by Cayce himself.

PurpleLama
14th February 2014, 20:40
http://www.webzeest.com/articleimages/8f14e45fce_1387283912940ScreenShot012.jpg

This chart was taken from the above linked pdf.

PurpleLama
14th February 2014, 20:44
http://www.near-death.com/images/graphics/diagrams/evolution_of_man.jpg

PurpleLama
14th February 2014, 20:46
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-aKPf8d42a8M/Th9KQW-EBwI/AAAAAAAAADA/hlIgTcjgJfk/s400/chakra-chart.jpg

modwiz
14th February 2014, 20:52
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-aKPf8d42a8M/Th9KQW-EBwI/AAAAAAAAADA/hlIgTcjgJfk/s400/chakra-chart.jpg

When you stated yellow/3rd chakra was will, I did see a connection. Most do not operate from their sovereign will but, archontic influences on the will. Since the archons seem to be limited to our 3 lower chakras because of consciousness limits of the archontic mind, their area of highest influence will be through the 3rd chakra.

PurpleLama
14th February 2014, 21:02
http://www.near-death.com/images/graphics/diagrams/chakra_endocrine_glands.jpg

Melidae
14th February 2014, 21:07
Beautiful video. It touched me deeply.

Steak anyone?:rolleyes:

http://thmg.photobucket.com/albums/v434/laimelady/FunStuff/th_cc7a3199.jpg

How about a cow patty mushroom for the vegetarian...

http://rs817.pbsrc.com/albums/zz95/kristaruetmann/CowPattyShrooms.jpg~c200

ronin
14th February 2014, 21:11
the seven chakra,s remind me of the seven planes or was it eleven?
this also remind,s me of Dante,s inferno and jacob,s ladder.

just a thought.

anyone heard of the silver cord?
the cord that connects the physical to the soul.
i heard many years ago that the cord could be stretched thin depending how far you travel.
but if it is snapped then your lost.
or(and) if there is a disturbance in the physical while traveling the cord will bring back the soul to the physical in a instance.

modwiz
14th February 2014, 21:16
the seven chakra,s remind me of the seven planes or was it eleven?
this also remind,s me of Dante,s inferno and jacob,s ladder.

just a thought.

i heard many years ago that the cord could be stretched thin depending how far you travel.
or(and) if there is a disturbance in the physical while traveling the cord will bring back the soul to the physical in a instance.

I have heard and read of the silver cord. The 'stretched too thin' does not work for me. Space is one dimensional out of 3-D existence. Hence, there would be no distance to stretch the silver cord.

I think we have all experienced the 'snap' back into our bodies if some alarm is ringing there. Astral experiences can cause fear and the body reacts, calling the consciousness back.

Playdo
14th February 2014, 21:17
http://thmg.photobucket.com/albums/v434/laimelady/FunStuff/th_cc7a3199.jpg

How about a cow patty mushroom for the vegetarian...

http://rs817.pbsrc.com/albums/zz95/kristaruetmann/CowPattyShrooms.jpg~c200

Ooohhh, I'll take a cow patty mushroom....

PurpleLama
14th February 2014, 21:25
When you stated yellow/3rd chakra was will, I did see a connection. Most do not operate from their sovereign will but, archontic influences on the will. Since the archons seem to be limited to our 3 lower chakras because of consciousness limits of the archontic mind, their area of highest influence will be through the 3rd chakra.

Different interpretations aren't a problem, mine is more cosmological than energetic or physiological in its application, but it is just a preference. True that negative influences would interact with the lower rays of a person, but a person giving themselves over to the influences and becoming adept at STS will use the power of the lower 3 to skip the 4th to get to the 5th/blue ray. The heart is shut down, being a weakness for STS, and all the energy goes into wisdom, if you can see through the misnomer. Ordinary human will would be around the yellow ray, in certain sexual aberrations it may express through orange, in the case of a saint it may express through green, in a wise man blue, in a mage it would be through the indigo.

PurpleLama
14th February 2014, 21:32
Ooohhh, I'll take a cow patty mushroom....

Thank gods there were no customers in the store, I was already cracking up at the mushrooms she so lovingly presented to Mod, then this, I almost choked on my laughter. Too much. You can have my mushroom, too, I am done with psychedelics for this lifetime, well, for at least five or ten more years.

modwiz
14th February 2014, 21:51
Thank gods there were no customers in the store, I was already cracking up at the mushrooms she so lovingly presented to Mod, then this, I almost choked on my laughter. Too much. You can have my mushroom, too, I am done with psychedelics for this lifetime, well, for at least five or ten more years.

I might be done too. After a 20 year span between use of the funguys, this Summer I used my two days off to take an excursion. It was not pleasant.

I had bought a batch of them called, Golden Teacher. A marketing term, I was to find out from the unhappy deva of this medicine.

Instead of the warm sensual beginnings typical for me of the inception of the medicine, I was instead 'greeted' to a very static unpleasant vibration. As I went deeper, the static deepened. I called to the deva and was told that the commercial exploitation of medicine plants is effecting the vibration of these plants. Catchy names like Golden Teacher to create greater allure and perception of profundity are viewed poorly by the devas of the plant kingdom. Especially the 'high medicine' teacher plants.

When legalization of another medicine plant was up for a vote, in California, the most vociferous opponents were the growers themselves. They funded anti-legalization materials. They would rather see people in jail than lose a little of their profits. Money over freedom for that crew. Throw in booby traps and guns to this situation and the ugliness is there to see.

The Golden Teacher was a crop grown in a house or trailer, not in a field next to cow patties. It was a very educational experience for me. I was able to use tobacco to ground me and break the chemical influence to ride it out.

Fred Steeves
14th February 2014, 21:55

I've never seen hide nor hair of that infamous silver cord ronin, and so far as I'm concerned it doesn't exist. Sounds rather limiting to me anyway, consciousness flying free, yet it needs to be 'leashed' to a return home cord? Not so much me thinks.

ronin
14th February 2014, 21:57
there is much talk of trying to induce a condition.
whether it be 432hz,440hz or even 4hz and the psychedelic experience.

do we really need these tools to help us to see and feel what is natural?
or should we awaken naturally as i mentioned in another post?

truth is.speak the truth
feel the truth.
be the truth.

then maybe it will flow through you?

ronin
14th February 2014, 22:08
I've never seen hide nor hair of that infamous silver cord ronin, and so far as I'm concerned it doesn't exist. Sounds rather limiting to me anyway, consciousness flying free, yet it needs to be 'leashed' to a return home cord? Not so much me thinks.

the bellybutton were it was severed is suppose to be the silver cord.
that cord was severed at birth,that was the last connection of who you where in the last place.
remember memories lost.
maybe this is when it happens.

could there be any other bliss than living in your mothers womb.waiting and anticipating life.
with maybe full memories of the reason you want to be born.

only we are either tricked or our memories erased .

that umbilical cord is very similar to the silver cord.

it connects you to your source.

Fred Steeves
14th February 2014, 22:08
do we really need these tools to help us to see and feel what is natural?
or should we awaken naturally as i mentioned in another post?

Well for starters, different strokes for different folks. In this dimension I think we may just need some tools, until such time as we don't that is. Medicinally, and personally speaking, these certain tools we are speaking of blasted through mental doors which once flung freely open, would serve me very well 20-30 years later. Funny how that works huh?

Melidae
14th February 2014, 22:18
I was already cracking up at the mushrooms she so lovingly presented to Mod

Just offering a trip...erm, I mean an alternative a vegetarian might find more enticing than a steak...

http://www.pic4ever.com/images/4chsmu1.gif

PurpleLama
14th February 2014, 22:20
Just offering a trip...erm, I mean an alternative a vegetarian might find more enticing than a steak...

You need to quit smiling at me like that, it's freaking me out. :shocked:

ronin
14th February 2014, 22:41
truth be known and this is what i feel.
i don,t give a s hit about enlightenment.
those that have evolved and can see the world as it should be.
people who want to to control others.
ego,s and the daily strives of life.

you, me are a fractual creation of source.
one day we will all head home.
only when you get their you may say (i wanna do it again)

and source will say (go for it).

maybe each lifetime you evolve ,learning new lessons.

or we are created to learn every lesson in life until we reach 46 and 2.

it all depends on our personal balance.

hope this makes sense.

i don,t know s hit.

Melidae
14th February 2014, 23:25
hope this makes sense.

i don,t know s hit.

ronin, I freely admit I don't know sh!t either.

Your questioning, your thoughts demonstrate you are trying to find your way forward. It takes courage to put yourself out there...and yet you do it. You are seeking, learning, growing, trying to make sense out of all the information out there...what is true, and what is not true...trying to put the pieces together as in a puzzle. You are among friends and fellow travelers here.

I only know what I know...what is true for me...truth that morphs and expands as I grow. I seek those things that are life giving...that contain life force. I seek to shine light on the dark places within and without. Step by step, sometimes inch by inch (Niagara Falls...sorry, that's another story), but always seeking to move forward. And I like to do it with joy...I like to laugh and tease...and meet others who are on their own journey. It is a journey, after all, and not a race....the journey of a lifetime.

And I am thankful for the creation of this Tent, a place to sit a spell and refresh, and help each other on what can be a lonely road at times. Thanks, mod.

modwiz
15th February 2014, 00:04
Snow has kept me busy and exhausted, physically. More to clear still. The plow piled snow on my path to the garage studio. Of the 4 times I was heading to the studio to soothe myself with some 432 guitar, each time I had almost an hours worth of shoveling to do. This time I had to dig through a wall of packed snow to open an way into the studio. I might get in there tonight.:thup:

ronin
15th February 2014, 00:25
a experience i had last year which took me months to digest.

i went up to the many levels of these on earth and saw beings that where golden in color(Modwiz mentioned them).
these beings where giants and where busy with the universe.
creating,fixing or whatever,i was like a ant in observing them and they gave me a quick nonchalant acknowledgement.
at this level i was nothing.
they went on doing what they was doing.

as i fell back i became aware of the different planes.
wars on different planes at different times in space/time for the control of earth.
maybe not earth but for humankind.

as i arrived back in my chair i could see a Indian(as in full headdress american Indian) sat in my living room.
he was sat under a astral dome staring straight forward.
also there was a squaw (female indian stood offset to the dome.)

the chief said and did nothing only stared straight forward.

i got the impression i was to sit opposite him in the dome.(this was later)
but i did not.

later i would what you may call a dl and what i saw was that all life on earth(humans) where different et races wanting to experience life on earth.
no matter how simple life was it was a ultimate experience.

next i purged.
that hurt and...

i stripped off and went into the kitchen.
washed myself down with cold water to refresh myself.
then started into a little dance and grumbling.
i was looking out the kitchen window as i did this.
it reminded me of a Indian dance(not that i know any)

i saw a bigger dome outside and this was a dome of protection.
not for me but for a mile or so.
as my arms swayed and i chanted,tears streamed down my face.
i was humbled at the experience.

then a bird flew overhead.
i don,t know if it was a crow or raven .
but as i looked out side my kitchen window.
i am sure it cocked it,s head and cawed twice.

what i felt afterwords was total humbleness and humility.

do i know what it means?i dunno?

Playdo
15th February 2014, 01:10

In college, in a classics course, I achieved a big fat F for a paper wherein I proposed that the manna from heaven that the Israelites consumed in the desert sojourn were morning shrooms concocted by the night's coolness and nursed by the dewy teat of dawn. From there I brought it into the mystery schools, etc. I even cited sources and it was well written. But you just don't get anywhere in the deep south of the US suggesting that Moses and Aaron were tripping balls in the desert.

1inMany
15th February 2014, 01:35
In college, in a classics course, I achieved a big fat F for a paper wherein I proposed that the manna from heaven that the Israelites consumed in the desert sojourn were morning shrooms concocted by the night's coolness and nursed by the dewy teat of dawn. From there I brought it into the mystery schools, etc. I even cited sources and it was well written. But you just don't get anywhere in the deep south of the US suggesting that Moses and Aaron were tripping balls in the desert.

You just had the wrong teacher. I would have given you a big fat A! :) I think some of Em's teachers must have been relatives of your teacher's.

Sooz
15th February 2014, 07:19
Looks like Modz is out shovelling snow again. Not much happening here in this thread or anywhere else for that matter.

Don't worry, I will play DJ later and keep anyone here entertained....if anyone is here.

Must say that the weather in US and UK is really bad. I can't imagine what it's like. Floods, ice, snow. I don't have much experience of that, only when I travelled around the world, but nothing like this. I remember sleeping in my Kombi van when it was snowing outside and was wrapped up in a Modwiz Coat the entire night and I still was cold. At least I slept.

Here it's f.....HOT and the humidity is 'cutting off head' material. I have to have two showers a day it's so hot. But that's normal for February in Oz. Bring on March and Autumn, much nicer.

Melidae
15th February 2014, 10:51
Could use some of that Oz warmth up here in the northeast us. Snow and ice, in layers about 14 inches deep on the ground right now. And brrrr...it's cold. More snow expected today...just a few more inches, though.

Have a bag in the car as a 'just in case'...blanket, candle, energy bars, bottled water, etc, plus a bag of sand and fold-up shovel in the trunk.

We've had worse winters, but the storms we're getting now feel a bit odd.

Anxiously awaiting spring to arrive...it may be a long wait.

donk
15th February 2014, 13:55
Yeah we had thunder & lightning (the flashes seemed odd and generated lots of FB comments) storm in the middle of all the snow, never experienced that before, very odd. And made the snow friggin' heavy. I will not get sucked into a weird weather thread but put in my agreement that it does feel "off"

ronin
15th February 2014, 14:06
know thyself.
that old chestnut again.

can we actually know thyself.
everything we do is in life is influenced by outside conditions.
we hear the phrase live in the now so often.

how many people can say that they know thyself and live in the now when the mind is full of chatter.

maybe this is why we are enslaved to the worry and stress of conditions that are put upon us so we cannot know yourself.

but even in meditation can it be difficult to dismiss the chatter of the mind.

trying to still the mind and be silent,(where do the thoughts come from?).

to seek the answers of the universe is to look within.

well i ain,t got no degree or phd but i think many will struggle with this question.:whstl:

1inMany
15th February 2014, 14:43
know thyself.
that old chestnut again.

how many people can say that they know thyself and live in the now when the mind is full of chatter.

maybe this is why we are enslaved to the worry and stress of conditions that are put upon us so we cannot know yourself.

trying to still the mind and be silent,(where do the thoughts come from?).

to seek the answers of the universe is to look within.

well i ain,t got no degree or phd but i think many will struggle with this question.:whstl:

Oh, I don't know, ronin, I think maybe we can. And I do think most people struggle with that question. I give a little leeway for those who don't have to, just because I don't rule out any possibility. But...it took me months to understand where my thoughts come from. And I go through cycles, of being able to quiet the chatter, and then not. But I do think we can "know thyself." In my opinion, not every single thing we do is is influenced by outside conditions. More often than not, we are influenced by internal conditions too. Living in this moment, the now, to me means to bring my attention, and my focus, back to right here. Worry (and even fear) tends to be about the future, or what has happened in the past (from this 3d point in time perspective). But my own power is in this very moment. Not projecting my energies forward or backward lends more energy for my daily life.

And really, the way I see it, there are lots of places our thoughts come from. Only one source do I hope to listen to, to heed. That's the goal anyway, for me. I can't tell you how much time I have spent asking my own mind, asking my own Self, "and why do I think that? Where is this coming from?" And the answers lead me farther and farther inside myself. Sometimes, I find a root of an old childhood program running. And only upon finding that first seed can I release it and be free from it. Sometimes, I have found that the thought has no basis in truth, and might be a part of a collective consciousness that sits and waits for the right opportunity to take hold, for me to think it is my own. Which I do repeatedly before I catch it.

It is a struggle sometimes, I will be the first to say. But when I do this exercise, it always, always pays off.

Just my thoughts :)

oh, and also...having a degree? Not necessary. Having good grammar, having an extensive vocabulary? Having great typing skills? All not necessary. What's necessary, the way I see it, are two things. Intent and persistence. fwiw

1inMany
15th February 2014, 14:56
While things are slow in the tent, I'll share what's going on in my world. We got a kitty yesterday. She's black, has a few white hairs here and there on her tummy. We got her from the shelter in town. And the name Isis popped into my head, I assumed she was somehow telling me who she is. I had to come home and research the goddess Isis, because I didn't know anything about her. Basically, (for un-Valentine's Day) we got a black cat on the full moon, whose name is Isis (who is/was, among other things that fit nicely as well, a goddess of magic).

I'm wondering what this will do to my workings...

modwiz
15th February 2014, 20:13
Oh, I don't know, ronin, I think maybe we can. And I do think most people struggle with that question. I give a little leeway for those who don't have to, just because I don't rule out any possibility. But...it took me months to understand where my thoughts come from. And I go through cycles, of being able to quiet the chatter, and then not. But I do think we can "know thyself." In my opinion, not every single thing we do is is influenced by outside conditions. More often than not, we are influenced by internal conditions too. Living in this moment, the now, to me means to bring my attention, and my focus, back to right here. Worry (and even fear) tends to be about the future, or what has happened in the past (from this 3d point in time perspective). But my own power is in this very moment. Not projecting my energies forward or backward lends more energy for my daily life.

And really, the way I see it, there are lots of places our thoughts come from. Only one source do I hope to listen to, to heed. That's the goal anyway, for me. I can't tell you how much time I have spent asking my own mind, asking my own Self, "and why do I think that? Where is this coming from?" And the answers lead me farther and farther inside myself. Sometimes, I find a root of an old childhood program running. And only upon finding that first seed can I release it and be free from it. Sometimes, I have found that the thought has no basis in truth, and might be a part of a collective consciousness that sits and waits for the right opportunity to take hold, for me to think it is my own. Which I do repeatedly before I catch it.

It is a struggle sometimes, I will be the first to say. But when I do this exercise, it always, always pays off.

Just my thoughts :)

oh, and also...having a degree? Not necessary. Having good grammar, having an extensive vocabulary? Having great typing skills? All not necessary. What's necessary, the way I see it, are two things. Intent and persistence. fwiw

This is a great post. It is a worthy read.

It shows the quiet, persistent work of knowing thyself and the value thereof.

BabaRa
15th February 2014, 20:28
know thyself.
that old chestnut again.

:

For me, living in the now simply means: don't waste your time worrying about the future, or fretting about the past. Give your focus to whatever is in front of you. . . instead of thinking what you going to say next in a conversation, really listen at a deep level to what the person you're conversing with is saying - give them your full attention. Neither of these things is very difficult with a little practice. . . . . Conversely, if you keep saying it's difficult, it will be.

As for knowing yourself: I agree, much conditioning here. But once one realizes that, one can begin to take off the masks we have been hiding behind. If we continually question: Why did I say that, or why did I do that and then are completely honest with ourselves, we begin to pull back the layers of conditioning.

But also, spend time connecting with your Spirit. We spend much time on the ego/body self. Keeping it clean, keeping warm or cool, entertaining it, but how much time with Spirit. I have found that just staying in recognition of Spirit part of self, can be enough. (For example: if a problem or question arises, take a minute, take a deep breath and ask Spirit for answer)

Again, if you say it's too hard, it will be.

Where your thoughts go, so goes your life.

PurpleLama
15th February 2014, 20:32
I am busily pounding bottles into the ground today for my third beer bottle raised bed. Did you catch it when I posted pics of the first two, Mod? I will put some herec come moonday, if not. I still need to add more dirt to the first two, before spring sets in.

modwiz
15th February 2014, 21:26
I am busily pounding bottles into the ground today for my third beer bottle raised bed. Did you catch it when I posted pics of the first two, Mod? I will put some herec come moonday, if not. I still need to add more dirt to the first two, before spring sets in.

I am dealing with two new inches of snow that fell after we dug out of the other one. Not much time for music.

donk
15th February 2014, 21:34
Dude it is unsettling to see the sun through the clouds when there's nearly driving snow. I been bothered how the last couple years the sky here on the east coast seemed to turn into "big sky" country where the rain will be in half my view yet I can see the sun

Where I live, I never saw anything but complete overcast any time there was precipitation, I remember the magic of being on the edge of a storm one time my entire life.

Now it is common place, not magic, it just seems like it rains and snows with less clouds. Maybe it's me, I dunno...

modwiz
15th February 2014, 22:52
I will interpret the Universal Wink as a sign to take most of the weekend off and just lurk and opine as organically moved.

Enjoy your weekend as Malc's thread suggests.

modwiz
16th February 2014, 04:21
I was invited to join a forum that will remain nameless. So, I went to have a look at it.

A huge amount of work has gone into the setup of the forum. However, every thread, of many, starts with a video. There is not one conversation that I could find if I wanted to join one. The OP does not start a discussion around the videos posted. Malc posts a lot of videos but, they are shows or interviews of some sort and are ready for 'prime time'. They are primarily higher quality entertainment at a minimum with some real 'keepers' in the mix. The latest vids from UFOTV have all been worthy of my time.

A forum without discussion is not a forum. A distillation of you tubes is just you tube lite, IMO.

fo·rum
noun \ˈfȯr-əm\

: a meeting at which a subject can be discussed

: a place or opportunity for discussing a subject

: a large public place in an ancient Roman city that was used as the center of business

Videos are useful when used to stimulate conversation. I conduct myself by vetting videos and being prepared to discuss their content. I always post a thought or two with my videos indicating their worth, IMO. Directing interest to portions of the vid or indicating a pass on parts. I feel my community deserves no less.

Eelco
16th February 2014, 04:40
I cannot account for my experience any more than anyone could account for theirs. It is a lot of mental constructs that only approximate what is. I seem to have experience that is outside of this personality, this perspective. I can't really say why, but I have suggested elsewhere that I cheated, perhaps, when setting the stage for this particular life experience.
<snip>
Just a story about myself, but maybe more than just another story. In 2001, I started having more and more paranormal/supernatural events occur in my experience, and not all of those were experienced solely by me.

I just logged in as I wanted to thank you PL for sharing this.
Its amazing how "whateveryoumaycallit", I call it life ususaly, has this way of showing a way.
Some of your story is not unlike mine, although the events had me shut myself down for a while instaed of opening up further.
I guess I always have been open. When you say you cheeted in setting the stage. I may have cheeted on the "accepting what is" department.

Anyway when I read your post all I felt was sympathy for YOUR story, and I guessed that that was not what your intend was.
Not wanting to stay silent and smother you with the goey feel good smilies we have at our disposal I opted for just the one Hug.

Over the last few days however(what a few days of not engaging on forums will do to you) I kept thinking about your story, how loss seems to get us human beings going and on a path. It is a shame to me that we as a human race have not yet created more pleasant ways to grow towards ourselves.

So thank you again PL for you sharing some of your path.
It is appreciated way more than I showed here on TOT.

With Love
Eelco
(who is frantically wondering why he thought 2 weeks of silent meditation looked like a god idea this summer.)

modwiz
16th February 2014, 09:24
I did not realize there was a view counter for threads here. Just saw what the traffic has been to this thread.

I need the jaw drop smiley. Wow.:shocked:

Time for a happy dance.
:dan::dan::dan::dan::dan::dan:

Sooz
16th February 2014, 09:41
I'd better not say anymore then.... with so many watching....

Cripes, didn't notice that either Modz.

modwiz
16th February 2014, 09:48
I'd better not say anymore then.... with so many watching....

Cripes, didn't notice that either Modz.

Who'd of thunk it?:scrhd:

Sooz
16th February 2014, 10:02
Holy crap, that's a lotta numbers Modz.

You are famous, I'd better keep away from you...lol...

modwiz
16th February 2014, 10:35
Anyone remember the Prime Directive from Star Trek?

The Prime Directive is explicitly defined:

"No identification of self or mission. No interference with the social development of said planet. No references to space or the fact that there are other worlds or civilizations."

With all of our discussions, the following is interesting:

The first reference to the Prime Directive occurs in the February 1967 episode "The Return of the Archons". In this episode, Captain Kirk and his crew encounter a planet which was enslaved 6,000 years earlier by a computer intelligence, its society stagnating into mechanical obedience. Asserting that the society it was programmed to preserve is already effectively "dead" under its control (violating its own "prime directive" to protect it), Kirk argues the computer into self-destruction, then leaves behind a team of sociologists to help restore the society to a "human form".

I think the Prime Directive is one of the hints or disclosures that are made constantly in our PTB media and entertainment.

With that in mind, the thought of the many devout and fundamentalist religious types dealing with disclosure, without some shock and trauma, is one that has been considered by off planet and other beings. Our 'representatives, especially of religions, thought secrecy was the best policy when dealing with non-Earthers. At least that is the story that is told over and again.

modwiz
16th February 2014, 10:52
Ah, fuzzies Sunday again.:tea:

I am thinking to take the day off again and just lurk and keep posts light.:meditating:

Mainly, no answering questions for me. I need a 'breather'.:shapeshift:

A fuzzy Sunday to all that want one.:D

KosmicKat
16th February 2014, 12:01
We humans are a species that is not yet mature (IMO). I am unconvinced of the value of unregulated contact with our neighbors both to them, and to our own development.

PurpleLama
16th February 2014, 12:43
On the positive end, individuals who are prepared for contact will have it, and no violation of something like the prime directive would occur, as any such individual would necessarily leave it to the listeners free will to accept their story, or not. In the interest of balance, Universe has it so that if one is prepared and calling for contact, then entities of the opposing team will have equal opportunity to distort said message, or interject some of their own. The medium/chanell would have a definite test of their discernment, so it is always best to meditate extensively on such messages before sharing them. One possible exception would be when one has done the hard work of clearing self in preparation for opening a path to the higher self, which would operate more like an encrypted frequence, with some safeguard against interference, but even that is not foolproof, and is not the protocol that the overwhelming majority of mediums have followed.

@eelco, thanks. good luck on your retreat, may we discuss further upon your return.

Calabash
16th February 2014, 13:15
With LoveEelco
(who is frantically wondering why he thought 2 weeks of silent meditation looked like a god idea this summer.)

Hi Eelco - 2 weeks? TWO weeks? Hmmm, that's a long time. I have been contemplating doing 8 days of Big Silence but am put off by thoughts of "what would happen if something awful happened at home and my family couldn't get in touch . . . ." etc. I know this is not the real reason - the real reason is that I am scared of facing 60+ years of built up crap. If you're thinking about two weeks though Eeelco, you must have done a silent meditation/retreat before. Did anything mega happen the first time?

PS: Don't want to spoil it for ya modwiz, but I think at least 17,000 of those visits have been made by me lol - :onthequite:

1inMany
16th February 2014, 13:17
Saw this, thought of you rolling-by-hand/pipe guys:

In traditional shamanic practices plants/herbs were often used and left as an offering to spirit in gratitude.

Other than the plant/herbs to induce certain states they were often used in grounding the shaman back to their earth body due to the ease at which their spirit flew out in assisting others and transversing the inner dimensions.

In todays society tobacco has moved beyond its purpose which was originally for grounding and has become more addiction based.

Many people use it due to feelings of fragmentation and stress to help them to cope, relax and stay in their bodies. However it is no longer used medicinally, now it is abused due to stress.

If you or someone you know is seeking to move away from this addiction you might like to investigate the flower essence 'Nicotiana' (FES society makes and stocks it ) to support you in letting go and finding balance between earth and spirit.

Its also important to understand that there is a relationship that has been built between you and the plant, so you might like to renegotiate the contract that you have with it by speaking with the spirit of the plant, thanking it and changing the dynamics of your relationship with compassion and respect.

I don't know who wrote that, some shaman type person.

Eelco
16th February 2014, 13:40
Hi Eelco - 2 weeks? TWO weeks? Hmmm, that's a long time.

Traveling as we speak. 10 hrs in trains and a 3 hr hike tomorrow. Never been on retreat before. Hm What are the chances of anything happening to my family in these weeks compared to the last 15 years?

funny how i can imagine my arrival and departure, but have no concept available of the 2 weeks in between. Magical indeed.

With love
Eelco

Calabash
16th February 2014, 13:49
Traveling as we speak. 10 hrs in trains and a 3 hr hike tomorrow. Never been on retreat before. Hm What are the chances of anything happening to my family in these weeks compared to the last 15 years?

funny how i can imagine my arrival and departure, but have no concept available of the 2 weeks in between. Magical indeed.

With love
Eelco

Much good luck and love go with you Eelco. I very much look forwarding to hearing what happened and whether you had any "revelations". Does that mean we will be seeing less of you on the forum? I guess it doesn't count if it's not speaking . . . . :)

Eelco
16th February 2014, 13:57
yes. as I enter the retreat I'll be in noble silence. no connection to the outside world. alternating sitting and walking meditation from 4 am till midnight. sayadaw vipassana style as thought by Ajahn Tong..

With Love
Eelco

ronin
16th February 2014, 18:16
with thanks to abhie.
this blew my mind and connects a lot of dots.
enjoy.

http://i1369.photobucket.com/albums/ag233/ronin123451/16207803_7-realms-and-chakra-comp-2-web_zpsed9eb54a.jpg (http://s1369.photobucket.com/user/ronin123451/media/16207803_7-realms-and-chakra-comp-2-web_zpsed9eb54a.jpg.html)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7MGupoN93k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-mCm0La3tg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WK21aGIW6U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUrNMplu85k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7MTjqQWpU8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMQsUc97rFA

ronin
16th February 2014, 18:49
sorry my bad they are only half the story.
please read each link and it will all fall into place.

http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message2028439/pg1

there are four parts and each one Abhie has done is a eyeopening sequence of events concerning our past,secret covens,freemasons,media control and the seeking that we seek.

Calabash
16th February 2014, 18:50
Thanks very much ronin - that's exactly what I'm looking for - just the ticket - :)

1inMany
17th February 2014, 23:16
Stepping into the tent for a little wisdom. I just read bits and pieces of Spiral's thread. I don't know what caught my eye there, as I usually keep my blinders on so I can focus on what I need to be doing. I can't believe it. Well, of course I believe it, that's not what I mean. How can this kind of thing be happening? Good lord. How do I integrate the knowledge of this sort of activity without it consuming me?

I guess I stay away from things when I don't think there is anything I can do about them. That is probably why I don't seek out information. It's the way I cope, I suppose. But once in a while, I find the information plopped in my lap. Then what?

Here I sit, thinking this kind of thing is most definitely *not* okay...but I have no way to stop it. That is true frustration for me. See the problem, have no solution.

modwiz
18th February 2014, 00:03
Stepping into the tent for a little wisdom. I just read bits and pieces of Spiral's thread. I don't know what caught my eye there, as I usually keep my blinders on so I can focus on what I need to be doing. I can't believe it. Well, of course I believe it, that's not what I mean. How can this kind of thing be happening? Good lord. How do I integrate the knowledge of this sort of activity without it consuming me?

I guess I stay away from things when I don't think there is anything I can do about them. That is probably why I don't seek out information. It's the way I cope, I suppose. But once in a while, I find the information plopped in my lap. Then what?

Here I sit, thinking this kind of thing is most definitely *not* okay...but I have no way to stop it. That is true frustration for me. See the problem, have no solution.

The first abduction material I was ever exposed to was the Hill's in the Incident at Exeter. My mother 'rests' there. As does my aunt, her sister. I spent many a Summer there riding bicycles, fishing and climbing trees. My aunt and cousins not only saw and photographed pictures of UFO's in their skies, my aunt met Betty and Barney Hill at a restaurant she waitressed at and had a sit down talk with them. In a tangential way, my family was peripherally associated with the impact in the area. However, I have never followed the story after reading of their account.

My two abduction attempts were halted when I called in a 'helper'. Help was instantaneous. I guess luck was in my favor. I have one missing time experience when I went alone on a Moonlit night to the top of a mountain in Woodstock called Magic Meadow.

I went there to meditate and enjoy the magic. I do not remember anything different happening but, what I thought was a short stay of a half hour was more like two hours. Other than a small chunk of 'perceived' missing time, there is nothing else I remember.

I have never read any of the many abduction accounts in the various forums. My studies do not take me in that direction. I honor my path and where it leads me. Others have different paths that I honor.

I have pondered the 'contract' angle/aspect of this issue. There are hundreds of abductions, if not much more-I do not know the statistics for aforementioned reasons-in countries that have 'representative democracies'. There is a 'legal' line of consent/contract that can be exploited and it looks to be so from my POV. Diabolical, to be sure.

Seikou-Kishi
18th February 2014, 00:46
Now now, Modwiz. Just whom were you abducting in these abduction attempts? :P

Highland1
18th February 2014, 12:33
I'm not sure if this is relative to an abduction attempt but has anyone ever experienced the sensation that your consciousness is somehow being "sucked" for want of a better word from your 3d body? I have had this experience numerous times and it felt like something was trying to remove my soul from my body.
When it happens, I start to feel quite drained or weakenwd beforehand and I have to really fight hard to stop losing consciousness. If I did lose consciousness during these experiences I suspect I would be taken by whatever it is doing this to me.
I have never told a single soul about this...until now.
I can usually tell when its about to happen because my crown chakras feel almost statically charged and I also have a massive increase of psychic awareness just beforehand.
I would be sincerely interested to know if others here have experienced anything similar so I can perhaps rule out that it's only me that has these "bouts".
Been about 5 years since the last time it happened.
I have had many "dreams" of being on an extraterrestial craft with gray type beings on board motioning me to join other captive humans but once again I fight back really fierce and always waken up at that point totally terrified.
I have always put that down to being nightmares.

Russ

Calabash
18th February 2014, 12:48
Sounds like you're having a OOB/astral trip Russ. Can you hear buzzing as well, or a signal that suggests you might be changing frequency? Speaking only for myself, these sessions are usually filled with great fear, which I think is the physical body's way of keeping you grounded. If you can, get a grip and relax then wait until the buzzing lessens and open your eyes. Let us know what you see . . . . :)

PurpleLama
18th February 2014, 13:07
An approach I have taken has been to moniter my own reaction to psychic, paranormal, supernatural phenomena, and have observed how feeling fear or any other constricting emotions have a tendency to cause negative overlays to what might otherwise be a positive experience. The more one maintains a clear, steady state of calm, the more one might see through the perception to get something of the real nature behind it. For myself, I am full of gemini excitability, and that tends to be its own interference.

I have had the experience of similar "abduction" activities my whole life, and when I changed my approach to it, it changed itself. The more I have sought to engage, the more it has informed my waking experience, although I know intuitively I have only barely touched the mystery.

Highland1
18th February 2014, 13:31
@ Calabash,
would this apply even when I am fully awake and up and about?
I always thought obe's were induced whilst relaxing and meditating?

Russ

18th February 2014, 14:33
@ Calabash,
would this apply even when I am fully awake and up and about?
I always thought obe's were induced whilst relaxing and meditating?

Russ

Absolutely Russ! Oobe's can be controlled/induced deliberately in a relaxed or meditative state but they are also induced regardless to millions of people without effort. Similarly, in waking life we can experience the same symptoms, seemingly from nowhere but the dimensional mechanics of what is happening to you are the same in either event: your soul/higher dimensional self(ves) is vibrating free of its confinement in its crudest form. I tend to find that this happens more frequently when I'm neglecting myself (as a reminder to buck up) and also more intensely when I'm in a good spiritual place.

Does that make sense? I am proactively trying to invoke oobe's within myself at the moment most nights and the symptom that causes me the most issues is the loud noises, do you get those? Just before I'm about to drop off a huge bang or sonic boom sort of noise wakes me with a start. I know it is my own "readiness" that is being tested here and that is very frustrating, but well worth it when one goes through the barrier!

Highland1
18th February 2014, 14:46
Thank you both Ben and Calabash.
I thought I have had many "out of body" experiences but never questioned never having seen my 3d body or any etherial cord either.
So I guess I have confused my astral self with my consciousness imagination....
Daft me for never questioning this before!

Russ

Playdo
18th February 2014, 17:04
Anybody ready for some butt music from hell?

http://www.deathandtaxesmag.com/215029/listen-to-a-500-year-old-song-painted-on-a-butt-from-hell/

See if you can find the butt score in the painting....

http://redkiteprayer.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/garden-of-earthly-delights.jpg

Calz
18th February 2014, 17:12
I am more of the Johnny six pack variety ... not highly refined enough for such ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEr1ihXM61E

Calz
18th February 2014, 19:29
On a more serious note ... not likely worthy of wizardly intervention ... yet ...

Prison planet ... seems to be a "reality" coming to fruition ...

Perhaps the wizards can offer some meaning to why we have been "creating our own prison" ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBBqjGd3fHQ#t=191

18th February 2014, 20:00
On a more serious note ... not likely worthy of wizardly intervention ... yet ...

Perhaps the wizards can offer some meaning to why we have been "creating our own prison" ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBBqjGd3fHQ#t=191

Where was the need first, the prison or the prisoner? Once that's started the relationship is sealed unless you break the imposed cycle of submission that warrants the question? Once realised, we have a choice in the now to not encourage that cycle by creating otherwise with purer thought.

This is a great point Calz and this might be a decent moment to raise it.......( in my view of course.......I don't attach implied validity to the word "great"). We compute masses of thoughts, emotions and sensual experience as souls in human bodies, but if we THINK on bad issues where does the line between cognisance and encouragement occur? The cognisance/recognition of a bad thought is a necessity to the being in current form in the immediate moment to discern and learn to that beings benefit (partially)? At which point is it unhealthy? Is it even? Or is it recognition of a supportive element that enables a bridge over the troubled water it observes?

In a nutshell I don't buy (completely) the notion that our thoughts create reality (fully to fruition) I suspect they massage it. Our generic focus as a being interacting with greater forces we cant feel but can conceptualise and FEEL, all in........does.

Just my musings bro!

Calabash
18th February 2014, 20:03
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kml92pPjx0
Watching this gives me a funny deja vu feeling . . . . probably none of the people in the 1927 vid are alive and yet the buildings are (mostly) the same. What the hell does it all mean . . .?

modwiz
18th February 2014, 20:25
More snow today. Quite tired from the dealing with it. Not much left for posting. I shall lurk until energy and inspiration return again.

modwiz
18th February 2014, 20:27

Meaning? Nah. Nothing but opinions from my quarter.:p

modwiz
18th February 2014, 21:24
I spent hours at this site yesterday. I will probably read more today. It is one man's 'downloaded' view of our planetary/galactic/universe history. Very Enki-centric as I think those were the memories he received.

For those who entertain the thought that we are genetic creations with other species DNA, it is apparently how it is done by many galactic civilizations. Not just our own galaxy either. Enki, who has many names, many are titles, was 'created' with technology. This aspect of bring whole species into being is certainly the dynamic behind 'worship'. In these civilizations, there is much gratitude on the part of the created towards their creators. Especially if the creators mix in some genes that are considered desirable.

The names of both races and personages is rather extensive and I am still working on getting names, races and terms correct. I cannot answer any questions here. The site is for that.

Here are illustrations of 'mom' and 'dad'. The back of their skulls look familiar.
http://www.zeitlin.net/EndEnchantment/images/Nammu3a.jpg
http://www.zeitlin.net/EndEnchantment/images/Sa%27am3a.jpg
http://www.zeitlin.net/EndEnchantment/images/ap_wallpaper7_sm.jpg

Here is the site.
http://www.zeitlin.net/EndEnchantment/Secrets.html

modwiz
18th February 2014, 21:53
A chart from the site:
http://www.zeitlin.net/EndEnchantment/images/ManGen5E.jpg

Kingu are uber lizards.

donk
18th February 2014, 22:03
I'm having a hard time NOT seeing 666 today, no matter where I turn. Granted, I work in a bank looking at large account numbers and asset balances and codes all day, and awareness makes it more noticable...but I swear...everywhere...especially when I listened to a presentation about djinn & shadow people.

I am not afraid at all, just mystified...universe telling me something. About superstition, perhaps? I had a conversation with a friend the other, who as it turns out knew someone I knew from back in the day, strange coincidence...but the thing I remember about this dude is he had this crazy fear of white Bic lighters, if he saw one, he'd grab it throw it away as soon as possible, perhaps like a superstitious Christian would do to something with 666...

I dunno, Ness has been awakening and lessons have been clicking for her at an alarming rate, so is our relationship, it is wonderful. We have been talking about moving (in the house, where we definitely have a shadow dude) so maybe he's trying to scare me...he apparently worked on her last time we were talking about it but she was in a place of fear then, perhaps he can't get to her anymore?

Seikou-Kishi
18th February 2014, 22:19
Samael is one of my middle names, a point of insistence on my father's part. The eldest child always seem to bear the lunatic brunt of parental excesses.

This is certainly very interesting. The skulls look very like the Paracas skulls Spiral posted about recently. Personally, it seems eminently obvious that human evolution involved alien intervention. Even other bipedal animals on Earth have maintained a more or less horizontal axis. Look at birds like the ostrich or dinosaurs like the therapods. Therapods really illustrate this point: their bodies are shaped more like quadrupeds whose front legs have just happened to shrink away from the floor. For all the T Rex was a biped, if it stood upright (as seen in many early depictions, with the tail dragging on the floor), it's spine would have completely snapped. Even bipeds amongst our closest evolutionary relatives don't have a vertical bearing the way we do and they are all at best diagonal.

The only animals that have even approximated the body structure of humans, in which the legs are flush with the spine, rather than at some angle from it, are marine mammals and even then not all of them. It seems the human gait is one that can evolve perfectly well in water (where the legs are used not to lift an animal off the ground, but to propel it forwards), but which is decidedly uncommon (unique, even, one might say unnatural) in land animals. There are great evolutionary pressures against the human form, actually, including the fact that for bipeds standing is an active process, requiring continual balance checks. Balance itself is much harder to maintain for humans than for other animals — even other bipeds whose less vertical bearing lowers their centre of gravity.

That and the idea that humans seem much less adapted to life on Earth than almost any other animal.

Forgive my ramblings.

18th February 2014, 22:31
. There are great evolutionary pressures against the human form, actually, including the fact that for bipeds standing is an active process, requiring continual balance checks. Balance itself is much harder to maintain for humans than for other animals — even other bipeds whose less vertical bearing lowers their centre of gravity.

That and the idea that humans seem much less adapted to life on Earth than almost any other animal.

Forgive my ramblings.

You are forgiven and encouraged! Those kind of ramblings could make one wonder if humanity as we presume it to exist is native here?

modwiz
18th February 2014, 22:31
Samael is one of my middle names, a point of insistence on my father's part. The eldest child always seem to bear the lunatic brunt of parental excesses.

This is certainly very interesting. The skulls look very like the Paracas skulls Spiral posted about recently. Personally, it seems eminently obvious that human evolution involved alien intervention. Even other bipedal animals on Earth have maintained a more or less horizontal axis. Look at birds like the ostrich or dinosaurs like the therapods. Therapods really illustrate this point: their bodies are shaped more like quadrupeds whose front legs have just happened to shrink away from the floor. For all the T Rex was a biped, if it stood upright (as seen in many early depictions, with the tail dragging on the floor), it's spine would have completely snapped. Even bipeds amongst our closest evolutionary relatives don't have a vertical bearing the way we do and they are all at best diagonal.

The only animals that have even approximated the body structure of humans, in which the legs are flush with the spine, rather than at some angle from it, are marine mammals and even then not all of them. It seems the human gait is one that can evolve perfectly well in water (where the legs are used not to lift an animal off the ground, but to propel it forwards), but which is decidedly uncommon (unique, even, one might say unnatural) in land animals. There are great evolutionary pressures against the human form, actually, including the fact that for bipeds standing is an active process, requiring continual balance checks. Balance itself is much harder to maintain for humans than for other animals — even other bipeds whose less vertical bearing lowers their centre of gravity.

Forgive my ramblings.

One persons rambling is another's good read. I fall in with the latter.:D

modwiz
18th February 2014, 22:49
One of the more fascinating parts of Anton Parkes' work is his 'cracking' of the language code. His claim. I resonate with it as valid.

One has to spend some time with the material for it to make any sense. I feel like I am bringing the trunk and tail of an elephant in the tent and trying to describe the animal for that. Won't work.

I am intrigued with the information. It is minimally a very entertaining story.

I have tried to copy a breakdown of his two Mikael's. Same name different personages. The use of diacritics (his or otherwise) indicates a nuanced pronunciation difference. I'm sure SK would be able to parse it. I hope the formatting works here in the post.

Mikael
Dual Versions

The confusion of two distinct historical personages into one jumbled tradition is important for us to understand, as it is emblematic of many such jumblings that have resulted in today's inside-out and upside-down religious conceptions.

Parks has gone to lengths to untangle the two. We compress his presentation here, hoping to maintain the clarity of his ideas.

This discussion is supported by the linguistic analysis found at Case 2: MULTIPLE MEANINGS OF THE NAME "MIKAEL".

Each of the two Mikaels is the head of a group of "angels" -- two opposing groups, actually. The name Mikael and variants are also associated with quite distinct personalities in various traditions.

MÌ-KA-EL: Gnostics and Romans associate with the god Mercury, whom we identify with the Egyptian god Thoth, Grand Master of Wisdom (Messenger of Râ, the Sun). Greek Hermes.

Thoth-Hermes is companion of Ptah-Osiris, Isis and Horus.

Guides/protects the course of Râ in his Bark of Eternity

Thoth, named "First Bird", is head of the Nungal-Igigi, Akkadian "Watchers", "Fallen Angels".

Then:
MÌ-KA5-EL and MÈ-KA5-EL: See decompositions. The fox, jackal, desert dog are Enlil (Seth in Egypt).

Warrior Mikael who is in charge of the affairs of the fox Enlil/Seth is his future son Ninurta, head of the "Army of God (An and Enlil)".

Protects the false "god" Atum (An), demiurge also associated with the sun, responsible for the separation of Earth and Water, destruction of the future A'amenpteh (Atlantis).

Enlil-Seth through future son Ninurta is head of the Anunna.
All is in agreement when one realizes that the "Watchers" of the Book of Enoch are the adversaries of Mikael-Ninurta who is in the service of Yahvé (An and Enlil).

Seikou-Kishi
18th February 2014, 22:51
You are forgiven and encouraged! Those kind of ramblings could make one wonder if humanity as we presume it to exist is native here?

I don't think it is. One wonders why advanced civilisations able to create new species with genetic technology (far superior, I imagine, to Monsanto's technique of sniper-riffling genes into genomes) would even need to involve or make use of the DNA of pre-existing earth species. Two ideas spring to mind. The first is that there is some intergalactic legal issue in seeding a planet with a lifeform that is entirely alien. Perhaps the modicum of native DNA is enough to say that the lifeform has a legal right to be there — it has native heritage upon which to stake its claim. The second idea is similar in that it is possible that contributions from a native species is necessary to provide a genetic framework in tune with the planet's particular nature; if I were struggling to create a new species from scratch because every time I created a lifeform which seemed viable but which just seemed incapable of surviving in my chosen ecosystem, I might be tempted to take the genome of a pre-existing species, which I know can survive there, and make whatever changes I wanted to make to bring that animal close to the plans I had. For a more human example, imagine a group of kids are in a computer club learning how to write in a computer language. Some of the kids will be of sufficient familiarity with the language that they can write new programmes completely. Other kids, less familiar with the language or not naturally capable in that area, might take a pre-existing programme and change it bit by bit to something close to what they want, so that with every small change they can test its viability. If a change renders something inviable, it is then an easy task to remedy it, because the cause is readily apparent.

modwiz
18th February 2014, 23:00
I don't think it is. One wonders why advanced civilisations able to create new species with genetic technology (far superior, I imagine, to Monsanto's technique of sniper-riffling genes into genomes) would even need to involve or make use of the DNA of pre-existing earth species. Two ideas spring to mind. The first is that there is some intergalactic legal issue in seeding a planet with a lifeform that is entirely alien. Perhaps the modicum of native DNA is enough to say that the lifeform has a legal right to be there — it has native heritage upon which to stake its claim. The second idea is similar in that it is possible that contributions from a native species is necessary to provide a genetic framework in tune with the planet's particular nature; if I were struggling to create a new species from scratch because every time I created a lifeform which seemed viable but which just seemed incapable of surviving in my chosen ecosystem, I might be tempted to take the genome of a pre-existing species, which I know can survive there, and make whatever changes I wanted to make to bring that animal close to the plans I had. For a more human example, imagine a group of kids are in a computer club learning how to write in a computer language. Some of the kids will be of sufficient familiarity with the language that they can write new programmes completely. Other kids, less familiar with the language or not naturally capable in that area, might take a pre-existing programme and change it bit by bit to something close to what they want, so that with every small change they can test its viability. If a change renders something inviable, it is then an easy task to remedy it, because the cause is readily apparent.

It would appear that frequency/density of a planet has an impact on the kind of being that can comfortably exist there/here. Some native DNA appears to aid with that.

modwiz
18th February 2014, 23:36
It is a seek and retrieve kind of day. Found a summary Of John Lash's on the Gnostic view of archons and galactic history. I will state that there is no easy, or any, overlay of the ideas of Anton Parkes and John Lash, who views the genetic manipulation theory as an archontic creation.

Since I have no urgency to resolve the two I can just enjoy 'playing' with the ideas and seeing what they stimulate.

A John Lash summary:

Lash's ideas on the subject of archons can be encapsulated in the following key points derived from an interview he gave to Art Bell on Coast to Coast AM, March 19, 2005:

The gnostics were seers, initiates, and shamans. They practiced many psychic arts and developed them to a very high degree. They developed "Siddhis". They were remote viewers.
They were "qualified to see and correctly evaluate other worlds".
They were stargazers and cosmologists. Their history of the solar system matches modern understanding in remarkable ways.
They obtained their picture through direct observation.
A massive and deliberate destruction of their documents, including the burning of the library at Alexandria, took place from 150 CE to the middle ages. Only the Nag Hammadi Library documents survive.
These were discovered in December 1945.
They knew the structure of the Galaxy (the "pleroma") and the position of our solar system within it.
There is an infinite plenitude of other galaxies.
Occasionally, the Galactic core emits plasmatic surges.
The energy of these surges produces certain configurations in the Galaxy.
There are "tunnels" within our Galaxy. He says that astronomers discovered these in 2003.
The surges can give rise to certain forms of life.
From their perspective, before the earth became a living environment, the solar system surrounded it like a crust.
Early in the life of our solar system, a galactic surge produced a wave that created inorganic forms.
The earth is "captured" within the solar system.
The solar system is "inorganic". Only the earth within it is "organic".
The picture corresponds to today's Gaia Hypothesis (Lovelock and Margulis) in which the earth is the only planet with a biologically alive atmosphere.
Other solar systems have biospheres similar to the earth.
The gnostics were specifically concerned with "alien" intrusions.
They described two types of aliens: reptilian and the "embryo" type that can be equated to modern "Greys".
They called the aliens "archons" (Greek: authorities).
These are equivalent to the "watchers" described in The Book of Enoch.
Archons were formed in the early stage of the solar system. Therefore they are inorganic beings.
Archons cannot and do not live on this planet with us.
The gnostics concluded that the archons are bullies. A predatory species.
According to the "First Apocalypse of James" (from the Nag Hammadi texts), "They will take away souls by theft." We would use the term "abduction".
The archons are still with us.
They are neither more powerful nor more evolved than we are.
They lack our evolutionary drive. They are like cyborgs; a robotic race that can imitate but not innovate.
From the "Second Apocalypse of James": "They are not over you but they are in the solar system with you and you must take account of that."
They must be kept in their place. They don't observe their correct boundaries. Life on earth depends on observing boundaries. They intrude.
They envy us. They intrude into our reality and try to be like us. They envy our ability to innovate. That we are driven, goal-oriented. They are robotic. They lack what we have.
They operate only by imitation and by taking orders. They do not have our "intention".
There was no description of their hardware. The gnostics believed we needed to know about the "software" side.
They describe the archons as engineers and mechanics who live in the solar system and maintain it.
The archons are delusional and those who are associated with them become delusional.
The most important thing about them is the way they intrude into our minds.
Their technique of intrusion and mind control makes use of simulation. The coptic word for this is "HAL".
The intrusion probably plays a great role in mental illness.
They make something appear to happen that does not actually happen. They can induce a virtual reality experience.
Some mentally-ill people have perceived the archons but cannot deal with the experience. Gnostics taught how to deal with them.
Certain religious beliefs such as divine redeemer / messiah are injected delusions.
They observe our emotions as if they could absorb them and use them as their own.
They feed on our fear. It's an energy that "gives them a kick" like a drug.
The word for "terror" occurs frequently. It is connected with "error".
What they are attempting is absurd. They can't succeed, but they are driven to do it anyway.
Jacques Vallee: "The way to a man's belief is through absurdity."
They can't overpower us but we can abdicate.

Expanding on that last point, Lash writes:

In their attempt to intrude upon humanity, which has been ongoing for millennia, the Archons use a lot of bluff and bravado. they affect our minds to get us to believe they can do far more than they can actually do, but in so believing, we unwittingly surrender our power to them — the result is, they get their way with us, because we have betrayed our own capacities. Hence the Archons claim to rule over humanity, and even pretend to have been our creators, as is recounted in the Sumerian cuneiform record of the Annunaki, accepted as true by Zecharia Sitchin and many other sincere investigators. The Dead Sea Scrolls, discovered in 1947 at the very moment the Nag Hammadi texts were initially recognized to be rare gnostic materials, contain explicit accounts of direct threats posed by reptilians.

Concerning the Sumerian cuneiform record, "accepted as true by Zecharia Sitchin and many other sincere investigators", John Lash points out that the Gnostics did not accept that record so easily. They knew these were recorded by scribes and pointed out that scribes were not historians, after all. They were skilled artisans, laboring in service to ruling families, officials, and high priests. What they wrote had been dictated to them by their superiors in that theocratic society. And to Lash and the Pagan Gnostics, "theocracy" is a red flag.

Putting it bluntly, to the Gnostics, the creation of humanity via Annunaki intervention, along with other ancient creation myths, was a delusion transmitted by Archons through their channels.

Now, the Gnostics had and have their own creation myth, derived not through channels and prophets but through observation by skilled shamans who are also scholars and historians. Lash says that he is attempting to recreate the Gnostic creation myth in which the Aeon Sophia becomes embodied in the Earth. The Earth is her body. This is connected with the Gaia idea, he says, and the two myths are going to converge.

I equate the Archons with contemporary ETs, those "alien" entities who seem to flit in and out of our world, particularly the Greys and Reptilians widely associated with UFO sightings, encounters, and abductions. There is, as everyone knows, a vast mythology developing about these entities.

http://www.openseti.org/GnosticA.html

Seikou-Kishi
19th February 2014, 00:16
One of the more fascinating parts of Anton Parkes' work is his 'cracking' of the language code. His claim. I resonate with it as valid.

One has to spend some time with the material for it to make any sense. I feel like I am bringing the trunk and tail of an elephant in the tent and trying to describe the animal for that. Won't work.

I am intrigued with the information. It is minimally a very entertaining story.

I have tried to copy a breakdown of his two Mikael's. Same name different personages. The use of diacritics (his or otherwise) indicates a nuanced pronunciation difference. I'm sure SK would be able to parse it. I hope the formatting works here in the post.

Mikael
Dual Versions

The confusion of two distinct historical personages into one jumbled tradition is important for us to understand, as it is emblematic of many such jumblings that have resulted in today's inside-out and upside-down religious conceptions.

Parks has gone to lengths to untangle the two. We compress his presentation here, hoping to maintain the clarity of his ideas.

This discussion is supported by the linguistic analysis found at Case 2: MULTIPLE MEANINGS OF THE NAME "MIKAEL".

Each of the two Mikaels is the head of a group of "angels" -- two opposing groups, actually. The name Mikael and variants are also associated with quite distinct personalities in various traditions.

MÌ-KA-EL: Gnostics and Romans associate with the god Mercury, whom we identify with the Egyptian god Thoth, Grand Master of Wisdom (Messenger of Râ, the Sun). Greek Hermes. MÌ-KA5-EL and MÈ-KA5-EL: See decompositions. The fox, jackal, desert dog are Enlil (Seth in Egypt).
Thoth-Hermes is companion of Ptah-Osiris, Isis and Horus. Warrior Mikael who is in charge of the affairs of the fox Enlil/Seth is his future son Ninurta, head of the "Army of God (An and Enlil)".
Guides/protects the course of Râ in his Bark of Eternity Protects the false "god" Atum (An), demiurge also associated with the sun, responsible for the separation of Earth and Water, destruction of the future A'amenpteh (Atlantis).
Thoth, named "First Bird", is head of the Nungal-Igigi, Akkadian "Watchers", "Fallen Angels". Enlil-Seth through future son Ninurta is head of the Anunna.

All is in agreement when one realizes that the "Watchers" of the Book of Enoch are the adversaries of Mikael-Ninurta who is in the service of Yahvé (An and Enlil).

Ninurta

The interesting thing about language is it evolves in exactly the same way that animals evolve: give something enough time, and you'd never even guess they were related at all. Look at humans and lampreys. Both of them are vertebrates and by traditional understanding descend from a single common ancestor. All vertebrates descend from the basal vertebrates, the first animals to develop backbones. If you put a human and a lamprey side by side, one might be forgiven for assuming they were unrelated species.

It's the same with language. If one understands the way in which sounds are related to each other, one begins to realise just how sounds can change and how completely the appearance of a word can change. Once we understand this, it becomes very possible that even words which are very different share a common origin. The sounds in language can be divided into two rough categories: consonants and vowels. There is a great grey area, though, and some consonants can act like vowels, like N and L in some English words, while others seem more like vowels that act like consonants (Look at how the Japanese spell "whiskey"; Uiski.)

This is because the sounds in our languages are not just isolated sounds, but they're related to each other. W is related to U just as Y (J in German) is related to I. Sounds are related to each other in a complex arrangement of relationships. For example, the following chart depicts the relationships between different types of consonants. It focuses on a group called the Labial consonants (produced with the lips). These in English are P, B, M, W, F and V.

http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/4161/xafg.png

The pink area denotes "unvoiced" sounds, which are produced without the voice box vibrating. The dark blue area denotes "voiced" sounds, made by vibrating the voice box. The green area denotes "plosives", which involve a complete stop in the airflow. The cyan/light blue area denotes fricatives, made by restricting but not stopping the airflow. These all sound like the wind blowing. The red area denotes nasals, which are sounds produced by stopping airflow through the mouth but opening it through the nose. The yellow area denotes approximants, which are basically vowels that are so tight, they function like consonants (J here denotes the Y in "yes"). Finally, the grey are denotes the labial consonants. You can see that the labial sounds are represented in most categories. The labials are further grouped into Bilabials (in black, produced using both lips) and Labiodentals (in white, produced using the bottom lip and top row of teeth).

This only applies to English. In Spanish, F and V are Bilabial and don't involve the teeth. You should be able to see the myriad ways in which sounds combine certain characteristics to produce many sounds from only a few options. In English, we only have a choice between voice and unvoiced sounds, and every single sound is one or the other. In most consonants, these come in pairs and we can see the difference when grouping them like that. P & B, T & D, K & G are three such pairs. Try pronouncing them with two fingers over your voicebox and also be aware of the shapes your mouth makes. You'll realise that the voicebox only vibrates for B, D and G. In fact, we use slightly less air when saying the voiced consonants, which is why we can still tell the difference between "pun" and "bun" when we whisper. Some languages, many Indian ones among them, actually have one sound for each combination, giving us P, PH, B and BH, and so on.

Anyway, the point is that all these interrelations make language change easy. You only have to think back to your last cold to realise how N can change to D, M can change to B and Ŋ (NG) can change to G just by stopping the airflow through the nose. Then we have sounds that can move sideways through these groups. For example, in most languages, if a word ends in an M followed by a T, the M will move backwards to meet the T (a process called assimilation) and become an N, or a P will be inserted. P Is the sound which lies between M and T, because it is a voiceless plosive like T, but a bilabial like M, hence it can connect these sounds which have little in common. You will often hear people say "dreamt" as though it were spelled "dreampt".

Imagine if we had no idea about how these things worked and also still lived in a time in which people spelled words how they spoke them (which was the case before the printing presses allowed the introduction of standard spellings). A person might look at "dreamt" and "dreampt" and conclude they were different words.

A fricative (especially voiceless, like S) can lose it's position in the mouth and be expressed merely as a gasp of air. This is called debuccalisation and happens frequently. When that happens, S becomes H. That H can then behave like any other H and undergo similar changes. For example, it can become more restrictive until it stops airflow, becoming perhaps a glottal stop or a K. Then we have other processes in which sounds change according to vowels. Vowels that are pronounced near the front of the mouth often bring consonants forward, so that a consonant like K becomes one like CH. This happened in Old English and gave us pairs of words like drink (original ending -an) and drench (original ending -ian) or bleak and bleach, both referring to paleness.

As a hypothetical, take the made-up word "nami" spoken by an imaginary group. Imagine that thousand of years pass and two separate groups that descend from the original group both have changed that word over those years.

In the first group, it might have gone: nami > nemi > nem > nemb > nemba > enmba > emmba > emba

In the second group, it might have gone: nami > naim > nayim > nayimu > neyimu > neimu

The casual reader would find it very hard to connect the two and realise that "emba" and "neimu" are the same word, especially if the meaning changed. For example, it could meaning a darkly shining colour in the original language and then one group could have applied it to brown, the other to red.

Shining > bright > red > burning > fire > power > lifeforce > numinousness

Shining > brown > dark > earthy > base > unworthy

This sounds like a stretch, perhaps, but this is nothing that hasn't happened. The English words brown, burn, brand all descend from one root in just this way. Languages more distantly related show how little changes over a long time can make the end results appear completely unrelated. Another word descended from the same root is the ancient greek φρῦνος, which meant toad. The English and Greek words are the results of two different processes applied to one root. The early divergence in meaning is why nobody casually connects the modern Greek word "φρύνος" (toad) and the modern English word "brand".

The example I give of this rootword comes from the putative language "Proto-Indo-European", so called because it connects most European languages with many Indian languages. Proto-Indo-European, if it existed (and here we are judging an animal by its fossilised footprints), was spoken roughly six and a half thousand years ago. Imagine how great the difference would be if languages separated from one another 13, 000 years ago instead? Or 26, 000? But human fossils have been found even earlier than this.

The more we realise how sounds interrelate and how easily languages change their complement of sounds, the more plausible it becomes to consider that, if human history is longer than the "Bang, we're here!" history espoused in the anthropological and evolutionary orthodoxy, the various languages of the world, however disparate, might actually all descend from one language. The lack of writing beyond a few thousand years back ensures we will never be able to reconstruct a single "Proto-Earthish", because it is by the written language that we realise how sounds have changed, but the inability to so reconstruct the language does not in any way imply that the language didn't once exist in exactly the same way that we can be reasonably sure that dinosaurs had livers even though we've never found a "liver fossil".

Compare Spanish and French. These two languages are very closely connected, but see the great difference. French does not have the "th" sounds that English has, while Spanish does. Spanish has five vowels that are pretty much kept pure, while French has many others, like vowels more commonly associated with German. French pronounces its Fs and Vs the way we do, yet Spanish pronounces them only with the lips. The French and Spanish languages diverged only very recently, and yet see how different they are. If all that difference can occur since the fall of Rome, how much difference could accrue in thousands of years? And consider this: the more different two words become, the greater the difference will be with each successive step. To use the example I made up above, "nemi" and "naim" still bear quite a resemblance to each other, but their differences are multiplied in succeeding generations until they look nothing like each other.

modwiz
19th February 2014, 02:01
Another quiet night at TOT. My signal to busy myself with other activities. Maybe if we had more Chinese members......?:p

Children of factory workers and cleaners in Far East achieve better exam results than offspring of British lawyers and doctors, says OECD

British schoolchildren are lagging so far behind their peers in the Far East that even pupils from wealthy backgrounds are now performing worse in exams than the poorest students in China, an international study shows.

The children of factory workers and cleaners in parts of the Far East are more than a year ahead of the offspring of British doctors and lawyers, according to a report by the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development.:fpalm:

The full article here:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/10645090/Chinas-poorest-beat-our-best-pupils.html

Good:Knight: for now.:shapeshift:

Playdo
19th February 2014, 05:29
I spent hours at this site yesterday. I will probably read more today. It is one man's 'downloaded' view of our planetary/galactic/universe history. Very Enki-centric as I think those were the memories he received.

For those who entertain the thought that we are genetic creations with other species DNA, it is apparently how it is done by many galactic civilizations. Not just our own galaxy either. Enki, who has many names, many are titles, was 'created' with technology. This aspect of bring whole species into being is certainly the dynamic behind 'worship'. In these civilizations, there is much gratitude on the part of the created towards their creators. Especially if the creators mix in some genes that are considered desirable.

The names of both races and personages is rather extensive and I am still working on getting names, races and terms correct. I cannot answer any questions here. The site is for that.

Here are illustrations of 'mom' and 'dad'. The back of their skulls look familiar.
http://www.zeitlin.net/EndEnchantment/images/Nammu3a.jpg
http://www.zeitlin.net/EndEnchantment/images/Sa%27am3a.jpg
http://www.zeitlin.net/EndEnchantment/images/ap_wallpaper7_sm.jpg

Here is the site.
http://www.zeitlin.net/EndEnchantment/Secrets.html

In regards to your post, this is an interesting news piece of the Fortean type I came across yesterday of an alleged encounter with a reptilian. Normally such reports are quatsch, but this one was interesting to read and for the credulous far too easy to cast away skepticism.

http://cryptozoologynews.com/reptilian-humanoid-confuses-bikers-sonoran-desert/

And then this bit of related output:

http://io9.com/the-new-zealand-prime-minister-publicly-denies-being-a-1523573490

Sooz
19th February 2014, 05:39
'Another quiet night at Tot'.

Like the moon, it waxes and wanes.

I am always here Modz, I just don't say much on this particular thread. A lot of it is beyond me quite frankly and not where my centre radar is.

But I always like to visit my favourite wizard.

I honour all on their own paths..

:group hug:

Playdo
19th February 2014, 05:46
I'm having a hard time NOT seeing 666 today, no matter where I turn. Granted, I work in a bank looking at large account numbers and asset balances and codes all day, and awareness makes it more noticable...but I swear...everywhere...especially when I listened to a presentation about djinn & shadow people.

Welcome the synchronicities, it is as it should be thusly. Looking at my first post in the Tent again, I see more synchronicities relating to the 666. It posted at 3:03 PM on page 72. Ha!

http://jandeane81.com/threads/1771-Rhosgobel-Tent-At-TOT?p=13427&viewfull=1#post13427

And this is my ninth post! Harumph!

modwiz
19th February 2014, 05:47
I honour all on their own paths..

:group hug:

You speak for me here as well.:shocked:

Sooz
19th February 2014, 05:52
Just when I said I don't say much, lol...

Don't get me started on numbers.

Number 9 Playdo?

http://www.beatlesbible.com/features/john-lennon-number-nine/

I too have a fascination with number 9 (I was born on the 9th as well).

3 is another important number of course which doesn't need to be explained.

Sooz
19th February 2014, 06:47
Another quiet night at TOT. My signal to busy myself with other activities. Maybe if we had more Chinese members......?:p

Children of factory workers and cleaners in Far East achieve better exam results than offspring of British lawyers and doctors, says OECD

British schoolchildren are lagging so far behind their peers in the Far East that even pupils from wealthy backgrounds are now performing worse in exams than the poorest students in China, an international study shows.

The children of factory workers and cleaners in parts of the Far East are more than a year ahead of the offspring of British doctors and lawyers, according to a report by the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development.:fpalm:

The full article here:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/10645090/Chinas-poorest-beat-our-best-pupils.html

Good:Knight: for now.:shapeshift:

Does China have fluoridation in the water? And I wonder what their rates are for kids on ADHD drugs. From what I understand fluoridation is not common in Europe, but what about the far east?

I know here in Oz, the Chinese kids far outstrip the ozzies in the school stakes. By a LONG shot.

Playdo
19th February 2014, 16:08
Interesting link, thanks, I've never come across that info. I was born on a ninth, too! Crazy.

Seikou-Kishi
19th February 2014, 18:44
Does China have fluoridation in the water? And I wonder what their rates are for kids on ADHD drugs. From what I understand fluoridation is not common in Europe, but what about the far east?

I know here in Oz, the Chinese kids far outstrip the ozzies in the school stakes. By a LONG shot.

Fluoridation is too common in the UK. In some European countries like France and Germany, they fluoridate salt rather than water, and I'm given to believe that the unfluoridated option is commonly available. China actually has quite high levels of fluoride. They call it "naturally occurring" fluoride, but in reality it is industrial pollution. It naturally occurs the way faeces naturally occurs on lawns, and for all the wholesome naturalness of it all, I wouldn't want to lie down and have a roll about. "Naturally occurring" does not mean "sure, go ahead" lol.

The east Asian education atmosphere is dreadfully stressful. British schools lag behind schools in Scandinavian countries, and they've taken a much less oppressive approach to education. In the UK, education starts very early, and even before school itself there are education centres. I've known children start in these at age 2 because the parents have been more well-meaning than intelligent. Then children are made to sit rigorous examinations, and these are even being introduced for pre-school children to decide whether they belong in a good class or not. All that pressure from a very young age makes ADHD a fire that will only be fuelled further in coming years.

For all it seems like the East Asian countries handle their drill-sergeant style education much better than we do, they have a much greater but much quieter problem brewing in their midst. In the UK, for all people assume that British people are diffident and so on, this is certainly not true of our children. Rebellion and disdain for authority are de rigeur for a child here, and when a child here feels the pressure is too great, they'll stick their two fingers up at everybody and tell them to **** off. In East Asian countries, it would be unthinkable for a child or adolescent to be so disrespectful to an adult, especially a teacher, and so they internalise all this failure-making. One need only look to the phenomenon of the "Hikikomori" in Japan, in which people feel completely overwhelmed by the way in which society works and feel no option but to withdraw from it. That problem started about half a decade ago and is sharply increasing. The way in which the education system works, and the universities in particular, and thereafter the employment market... do you know there is a time during Japanese education in which companies swarm in like fishermen with nets to catch the students before they've even had a chance to think how they might like to direct their life? Somebody who doesn't get a job in this feeding frenzy is less likely to get one at all, because other employers assume there must be something wrong with them that makes them undesirable.

This is all about confusing the hell out of people so they don't have the time to stop and ask themselves how they want their lives to play out. Don't give them time to think. China and East Asian countries might seem like a paragon of academic excellence, but there is one throbbing boil waiting to burst. Scandinavia's relaxed but attentive attitude is the answer, not China's educational abattoir.

modwiz
19th February 2014, 19:21
Educational abattoir is an apropos phrase, SK. Good word usage too.

modwiz
19th February 2014, 19:29
Another day and more snow to shovel here in the NE. It is getting boring.:fpalm:

PurpleLama
19th February 2014, 19:55
I have never seen enough snow to shovel. I have barely seen enough to make a snowman.

modwiz
19th February 2014, 20:00
I have never seen enough snow to shovel. I have barely seen enough to make a snowman.

I would warmly embrace a life without snow.:hmm:

For now, embracing a shovel is my reality.:fpalm:

modwiz
19th February 2014, 21:01
Some welcomes to our two new members, Chelsey and Neighbor Dave.
(welcome)

BabaRa
19th February 2014, 22:44
I would warmly embrace a life without snow.:hmm:

For now, embracing a shovel is my reality.:fpalm:

Now I remember why I had children - to help shovel. (originally from New England, so I know snow. But must say loved the skiing, sledding that came with it.)

Sending sympathy to Modwiz, even though he didn't ask for it. And perhaps a suggestion (although I would say California, not Florida)

http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/fun107.com/files/2013/03/Snowman-472x630.jpg

PurpleLama
19th February 2014, 22:50
Some welcomes to our two new members, Chelsey and Neighbor Dave.
(welcome)

Hopefully we will be welcoming a Zebra into our midst, before long....

modwiz
19th February 2014, 22:53
Hopefully we will be welcoming a Zebra into our midst, before long....

A welcome addition to our 'bestiary'.:thup:

I smile at the possibility.:D

1inMany
19th February 2014, 22:57
I remember, back in the day, when I lived in the Cleveland, Ohio area, and snow drifts could be 8-10' high. When I was about 12, I repeatedly had to explain to my mom why I would come home from school with wet/frozen pants. You see, we still had recess back then. It was fun to climb on these snow drifts during our fifteen minutes of fresh air. Being the two smallest girls in our grade, my best friend and I would consistently be "dropped" from about a foot above into a snow drift. The boys thought this was great fun. I look back on this and shake my head and laugh, but at the time it was quite embarrassing. We would have to get through half the day of school with frozen jeans, and the rest of me was blushing red...which was quite uncomfortable. But of course we wouldn't tell who did this. It is hard to say, but I do believe it was worse to be locked into the sousaphone lockers in high school than in the snow drifts in middle school. We could wiggle out of the snow drifts. I remember being so excited the first time I got to shovel snow. My step-father was like Tom Sawyer, making it sound like the most exciting activity. Yeah, whatever. Haha. Sending warm thoughts to you, modwiz.

In Texas, an inch of snow closes the schools. Of course, the heat of August will kill you (well, the heat of June-September). Every area has it's quirky weather, I guess.

Fred Steeves
19th February 2014, 23:24

Had you covered just a few days ago there brother...

19th February 2014, 23:34
Had you covered just a few days ago there brother...

If you stood a little to your right you would make a lovely Masonic compass with your thermally challenged friend. However, the bowing of the legs is allowing me to overlook this! Sorry.....I'm playing very unfairly, and you do have good sculpting ability.