PDA

View Full Version : Rhosgobel Tent At TOT

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

PurpleLama
31st January 2014, 22:40
yes
i want to know what people know and compare to what i know

You have asked questions, and have received answers to which you have not responded. You appear to be acknowledging that you are just baiting people, therefore you should be ignored. If this is not correct, then perhaps you should regroup and try another approach.

ronin
31st January 2014, 22:47
I do not and will not engage in an argument. The unfolding of Ronin in the tent demostrates where the source of contention is and your choice of words were less than optimal if curiosity, rather than bellicosity, was the point of your post. I cannot honestly see how that is the case. I, and we, were just being tenters when you joined us. It did not work for you. To now try to imply that I want to 'argue' is hard case to make with your trail of posts behind you.

Could be the Moon, could be my thread sucks for you.

There is nothing for you here, at this time. Except to bait me, and I'm not hungry.

I am open for shift.

it.s a open tent as you say.
i will observe and see what develops.
obliviously many are not happy with my statements and questions.
but i speak truth known to me.
i am willing to learn truth and that is why i ask and question.

please do not take offence as that is not my intention.

my intention is to question,

to find the truth.

PurpleLama
31st January 2014, 22:52
There is no game so, there are no cards either.

Uh, Rad....

http://www.medicinecards.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/medicinecards_cover.jpg

modwiz
31st January 2014, 22:55
it.s a open tent as you say.
i will observe and see what develops.
obliviously many are not happy with my statements and questions.
but i speak truth known to me.
i am willing to learn truth and that is why i ask and question.

please do not take offence as that is not my intention.

my intention is to question,

to find the truth.

Sounds good.:thup:

I was just having a short meditation on your user name, Ronin. Something to pivot off of.

I would be very pleased for a wanderer to find something of value in the tent. A restless Ronin is a challenge to hospitality. Challenges, as problem solving opportunities, can be good.

modwiz
31st January 2014, 22:57
Uh, Rad....

http://www.medicinecards.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/medicinecards_cover.jpg

LOL. Smacked me with my own metaphor.:fpalm:

You had to be there.:p

ronin
31st January 2014, 22:57
i come to your tent and you can offer me what?
what are we all here for to seek that is what is unattainable

you seeking god,s love,the philosophers stone,immortality or a light being like Thoth.

no one has the answers to anything only questions.

Fred Steeves
31st January 2014, 23:03
Fred you offer what to teach.i,m all ears.

I'm no teacher ronin, just an ever increasingly meticulous observer. One sure thing I have noticed is that using one's well learned politesse, whatever the situation, serves one very well.

modwiz
31st January 2014, 23:04
i come to your tent and you can offer me what?

A space to sit down. There is no agenda here, no preconceived plan. I answer questions as best I can or admit ignorance on a subject. Making myself somewhat accessible while a member of this forum opened as a path I had to step onto/into. A few members browbeat me into it.:rolleyes:

A tent seems a good abode for a pathwalker to tarry awhile.

It is not a permanent structure.

ronin
31st January 2014, 23:06
sit,s down and listens.

nods.

PurpleLama
31st January 2014, 23:06
nevermind

modwiz
31st January 2014, 23:09
I'm no teacher ronin, just an ever increasingly meticulous observer. One sure thing I have noticed is that using one's well learned politesse, whatever the situation, serves one very well.

That was a good one, Fred.

Nothing to do with Ronin.

modwiz
31st January 2014, 23:13
sit,s down and listens.

nods.

You might be better served by a nap.:p Could get quiet here real quick. Happens most every day.

Unless Sooz arrives.:hilarious:

ronin
31st January 2014, 23:13
question.

who are the ascended masters and what is their role?

love is?

death is?

are we meant to love life then die?

or just be robot then die?

that i cannot accept.

Moonlight
31st January 2014, 23:21
Speaking of animal medicine, I had a peregrine falcon in my backyard the other day. I live in the city and I've never seen a falcon around here before. It caught a pigeon and just sat there and ate it. I took a couple of pictures that are not very clear since I stayed inside not wanting to disturb it. I told the story at work and got the girls all grossed out... LOL. I was amazed.

I would be interested in knowing what's your take on that.

modwiz
31st January 2014, 23:22
question.

who are the ascended masters and what is their role?

I do not pay much attention to that stuff anymore.

Their role is much discussed in the Alice Bailey books. It fills many volumes. It would not do well in a synopsis.
Our personal roles are of more importance to me than the roles of ascended masters.

1inMany
31st January 2014, 23:23
Too much energy expended. Withdrawn.

modwiz
31st January 2014, 23:24
Speaking of animal medicine, I had a peregrine falcon in my backyard the other day. I live in the city and I've never seen a falcon around here before. It caught a pigeon and just sat there and ate it. I took a couple of pictures that are not very clear since I stayed inside not wanting to disturb it. I told the story at work and got the girls all grossed out... LOL. I was amazed.

I would be interested in knowing what's your take on that.

Thank you for bringing this medicine to the Rhosgobel..

PurpleLama
31st January 2014, 23:33
Well, speaking of speaking of animal medicine, if that was not a hello from the other side, I don't know what is. Man, gives me chills. *waves*

modwiz
31st January 2014, 23:43
question.

are we meant to love life then die?

or just be robot then die?

Both are choices to make.

Asking more than one question at a time does not allow one to properly digest an answer, if one is forthcoming. It once again makes sincerity have to be questioned. I value what I have worked at obtaining and enjoy sharing it.

At my leisure. Or inspiration, as the case may be.

I want to make the disclaimer that I am not a new age person. I like the baby, the bathwater is full of poop. Questions based on new age assumptions are draining. Mainly because it is programming and that the verbiage almost never changes. Simon Parkes did an admirable, heroic even, job of taking some questions that he almost invisibly gagged on and then smiled and answered. I was truly impressed with that.

1inMany
1st February 2014, 00:06
After some gentle prodding, I will reinstate my question(s).

ronin, if I might, it is a question to you. Well, a series of questions I suppose. What is your understanding of magik, of wizards, of the meaning of life, of ascended masters? What do you bring into this tent?

I, of all people, understand the burning desire to ask questions, to know. But with your rapid fire method of asking questions, how can you hear the answers? If your mind is that kind of quick, and of course I would not know this, why don't you let the rest of us have the benefit of your knowledge seeking and listen to the questions and the answers at a pace we can keep up?

Sorry, I guess I do have one other question. If you know what you know, why do you care to compare notes?

Oh dear, one more. If your truth is your own, how can it be anyone else's? And vice versa... Will this not come from you, Yourself?

Sooz
1st February 2014, 00:16
You might be better served by a nap.:p Could get quiet here real quick. Happens most every day.

Unless Sooz arrives.:hilarious:

You rang?

You can always count on me here when the rest of you are snoozing. Don't worry I'm used to talking to myself, lol...

I'll be back later with a pot of curry. (Judging by the conversation I may have to hide my knives:nails:)

Carry on, don't mind me...:getcoat:

Edit: Just to clarify for new members, I am in Australia, southern hemisphere. When you lot up there in the northern hemisphere are awake, I am asleep.

When you are asleep, I am awake.

PurpleLama
1st February 2014, 00:29
Uh oh.

With Sooz and 1inmany posting in the same thread, the rest of us may welll be out numbered.

modwiz
1st February 2014, 00:42
In Alaska, proper wolves are called timber wolves and coyotes are called bush wolves.

The Medicine cards have Wolf as Teacher and Coyote as Trickster.

Trickster and Mercury align. Thoth, giver of wisdom and writing, in brief, also known as Hermes(Greek Mercury)Trismestigus.

1inMany
1st February 2014, 02:09
In Alaska, proper wolves are called timber wolves and coyotes are called bush wolves.

The Medicine cards have Wolf as Teacher and Coyote as Trickster.

Trickster and Mercury align. Thoth, giver of wisdom and writing, in brief, also known as Hermes(Greek Mercury)Trismestigus.

I have also heard that Coyote as teacher shows one the quickest route. Whether one likes it or not.

But..what does Thoth have to do with Wolf and Coyote? I don't know anything about Thoth, but even in your post you give no clues. All Animals are givers of wisdom, so I can't follow the connection.

(Sorry, I tried to sit over here not saying anything, and that just isn't working for me.)

Wait. I think I've got it. Mercury, the planet also carries Trickster energy, right? So, Thoth/Hermes/Greek Mercury would have also carried these characteristics. How am I doing here? That's the connection. I think.

This is exactly why I always have a dictionary and google at the ready.

:tea: :victorious:

Eelco
1st February 2014, 03:53
Ronin.

I think Modwiz was very kind to view your presence as a chalange in hospitality.
Others also have kindly asked and hinted at the fact that the way you ask your questions and phrase your answers could be viewed as inconsiderate and rude.

When you say you ask questions to compare them with what you know.
Why not allow what you know to come through, so a meaningfull dialoge or pleasant conversation can emerge.

What you are doing now, here and in other threads I might add is ruffling my feathers.
And giving me visions of trolls????

You know the Ronin concept is often misunderstood and most ronin in feudal Japan did not survive very long contrary to popular belief.
Especially if they behaved in ways that were considered disrespectfull. Which in my view you do.

Anyway leaving this with you to do with what you like.

WIth Love
Eelco

Eelco
1st February 2014, 04:08
cannot remember seeing any clear questions.
but if you have any answers to our being as to why,how what?
and the meaning of life.
please post.

The meaning of life..
Shut up and listen....
basically.

Why? So we may learn to understand without imposing our idea's on what is.
How? Sit . observe and learn to discern what is and what is an overlay of mind.
What? That which connects us all. Could be a flow experience could also be so much MORE

With Love
Eelco

Sooz
1st February 2014, 05:32
Sorry, epic fail in trying to post an image of an owl with ruffled feathers, LOL!

Calz
1st February 2014, 06:40
Is this one ruffled enough Sooz???

http://b50ym1n8ryw31pmkr4671ui1c64.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/11/files/2013/09/MoltingOwl.jpg

Seikou-Kishi
1st February 2014, 06:41
Is this one ruffled enought Sooz???

http://b50ym1n8ryw31pmkr4671ui1c64.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/11/files/2013/09/MoltingOwl.jpg

You're a handsome devil, Calz ;-P

Sooz
1st February 2014, 06:44
Yep Calz, that was pretty close to the one I wanted! Thanks!

Eelco
1st February 2014, 10:55
so Sooz,

in my affliction of trying to find some meaning everywhere..
What does an owl with ruffled feathers mean to you?

With love
Eelco
Who currently exploring the idea of being a cranky wanne be wise old geezer.

Sooz
1st February 2014, 11:07
so Sooz,

With love
Eelco
Who currently exploring the idea of being a cranky wanne be wise old geezer.

Hi Eelco,

My meaning was an 'owl' is a wise one.

And you said you felt your feathers ruffled. So I just imaged in my mind an owl with ruffled feathers.

Meaning, a wise person who was getting a bit cranky. Nothing more, nothing less. Just an observation.

I liked it....

Sooz

Fred Steeves
1st February 2014, 11:19
Lucid dreaming developed naturally for me. It began when I broke the cycle of a recurring bad dream that would awaken me from sleep. It was always me on some remote, towering precipice just there with no path down. How I got there was never part of the dream. I would find my self, complete with vertigo from the height, just clinging for dear life. This terror always ended with me waking up. This would occur until the breakthrough.....

Interesting, I used to have about the exact same recurring bad dream. Was going to comment on it last evening but the flow of conversation was not there. I don't recall what broke that particular dream cycle. Could have been the lucid dream/flying thing, but I'm thinking that didn't come about til further down the road.

There was another one very similar as well that didn't involve heights, but a "place". A situation in life, a very dark time that I thought I had escaped 20 years ago. It would always start by finding myself right back in the thick of things again. Like the Hotel California, you can check out any time you like, but you can never leave. As the years piled on of this Chinese water torture, it finally began to sink into my thick head that something there was demanding to be dealt with, a re-examination if you will.

It was not at all an enjoyable re-examination, as it involved looking into that old mirror. The final conclusion was humbling, but also quite liberating. I had spent all those years blaming the situation and the people involved, but I was the one who had willingly entered into it in the first place, and the only problem was me trying to make it what I thought it should be, not roll with the way that it already was.

The dream cycle ceased at long last upon that realization and admittance.

Sooz
1st February 2014, 11:30
I often lucid dream....it's my escape route when having a bad dream. Not that I have them a lot, but when I do, it seems I'm always in that state, no matter how deep I'm sleeping, if things start going to ****, I say to myself, OK, this is a dream and I'm going to change the outcome.

Then I sort of come awake a bit, but still asleep, adjust my mind and go in another direction.

Actually did this a couple of nights ago and it turned out very nicely!:D

1inMany
1st February 2014, 11:53
I wonder how one would distinguish between the types of dreams that are experiences and the types of dreams one would wish to become lucid within. I've had some dreams here lately that were real doozies. But with some help interpreting them, I realize they carried heavy symbolism. And they showed me what is going on, right now, in my life in a way that got my attention. So, I am wondering...if I had become lucid in those dreams, would I have gotten the message offered? Some very disturbing dreams I have had proved to be experiences elsewhere. I wonder what I would have done if I had become lucid in those...would my human mind have been able to deal with those situations?

There have been those dreams from which I woke with a start, and in a sweat, and terrified. And I have learned to stay in the half-awake half-asleep state and continue the experience until I shift the outcome. I wonder if this actually does anything though.

Thanks for sharing your experiences. Always learning, I am...

Frances
1st February 2014, 11:56
Hello Modwiz, I have been reading all the posts since you started your thread and I am enjoying it.
I will always leave a thanks.
Firstly to thank people for the posts and secondly to mark my place as the pages can get many.
The thanks have disappeared on a lot of posts I have read.
This may be due to recent up dates.
If the thanks does not show up on the posts it is not because I have lost interest.
Frances.

modwiz
1st February 2014, 12:24
I have also heard that Coyote as teacher shows one the quickest route. Whether one likes it or not.

But..what does Thoth have to do with Wolf and Coyote? I don't know anything about Thoth, but even in your post you give no clues. All Animals are givers of wisdom, so I can't follow the connection.

(Sorry, I tried to sit over here not saying anything, and that just isn't working for me.)

Wait. I think I've got it. Mercury, the planet also carries Trickster energy, right? So, Thoth/Hermes/Greek Mercury would have also carried these characteristics. How am I doing here? That's the connection. I think.

This is exactly why I always have a dictionary and google at the ready.

:tea: :victorious:

You made the basic connections as well as understanding Trickster as teacher, in a different mode. There is another important, IMO, connection to make with another trickster energy.

I have just begun my day and your post was the first one I read.:thup:

ronin
1st February 2014, 12:25
my sincerest apologies for trolling last night and my abrupt Q and A.
no excuses for my behavior.
thank you for accepting me.

modwiz
1st February 2014, 12:30

Delightful. Apologies accepted. A new day has dawned.

Next!:chrs:

modwiz
1st February 2014, 12:33
Is this one ruffled enough Sooz???

This owl looked like it tried to eat a mouse that had a stick or knew kung fu.:hilarious:

Or it found some crack and the stash is all gone now.

Sooz
1st February 2014, 12:34

We are all *******s, ronin....thanks. Takes a big heart to tug forelocks.

We are all babes in the woods here, no matter how sophisticated we may think we are, me included.

Frances
1st February 2014, 12:51
Hello Modwiz, when I visit your tent I would like to do a visual image.
How is your tent decorated on the inside?
Frances.

modwiz
1st February 2014, 13:03
I wonder how one would distinguish between the types of dreams that are experiences and the types of dreams one would wish to become lucid within. I've had some dreams here lately that were real doozies. But with some help interpreting them, I realize they carried heavy symbolism. And they showed me what is going on, right now, in my life in a way that got my attention. So, I am wondering...if I had become lucid in those dreams, would I have gotten the message offered? Some very disturbing dreams I have had proved to be experiences elsewhere. I wonder what I would have done if I had become lucid in those...would my human mind have been able to deal with those situations?

There have been those dreams from which I woke with a start, and in a sweat, and terrified. And I have learned to stay in the half-awake half-asleep state and continue the experience until I shift the outcome. I wonder if this actually does anything though.

Thanks for sharing your experiences. Always learning, I am...

Some dreams represent 'stuck' places in our psyche and lucid dreaming seems to be the breakthrough action to open the 'stuckness'.

Other dreams provide a medium for experimentation and learning and simply remembering them is what is important. This helps with 'formative' dreaming. Formative dreaming is a huge part of creating the reality we meet in waking life. Our persona or waking self, could prove unhelpful at these levels of creation.

Just as we do not want to interrupt the various autonomic bodies processes that occur, with our over-complicating mind, certain dream states are analogous to this.

Imagine having to guide a wound to close up and heal after cutting oneself.

The formative dream level adds a few things from our higher self into the mix. It will sprinkle useful 'events' in the ofttimes muddle-headed realities we create for ourselves.

modwiz
1st February 2014, 13:09
Frances.

Curtains and pillows. A few comfy chairs and tables. Wool and cotton rugs on the floor.

Imagine whatever patterns work for you, mine are there.

King Theoden's field tent in LOTR is a motif that would work well as a visual.

Sooz
1st February 2014, 13:21
Frances.

This may sound trivial, but as a strongly visual person, this pricked my imagination.

I'm thinking not quite like the 'pub at the end of the universe'.

Deleted.....will see what others come up with. Too late at night here.... it's nearly 1.30am.

1inMany
1st February 2014, 13:40
Okay, this is what I get. No surprise, I imagine.

:swing:

modwiz
1st February 2014, 13:52
Okay, this is what I get. No surprise, I imagine.

:swing:

The outside looks like this. Except blue tarp is now brown.

http://i1303.photobucket.com/albums/ag152/modwiz/tent20_zps59a4bdc5.jpg (http://s1303.photobucket.com/user/modwiz/media/tent20_zps59a4bdc5.jpg.html)

Eelco
1st February 2014, 14:48
oehhhh. Idea...

years ago I experimented with astral places. To see if we could meet and talk there. I never made it past the imaginative state so this may not work. But who's up for trying to setup a Rhosgobel's tent at tot in the astral and try to meet there?

With Love
Eelco
Who won't have time this weekend. but is up for exploration next week.

modwiz
1st February 2014, 14:50
I might want to go into how ascended masters fit into my cosmogony briefly. I have chosen to live in a reality that is built upon rsonance with Tolkien's cosmogony given in the Ainulindale of the Silmarillion.

The Valar, as the original emanations that sang this world into existence with Eru (The One, in Quenyan Elvish), are the shapers of the World/Arda view.

Yavana would be a manifestation of Gaia. One of her many projected forms.

So, there is an 'order' to things. Our part in this order has yet to be realized. By us.

modwiz
1st February 2014, 14:53
oehhhh. Idea...

years ago I experimented with astral places. To see if we could meet and talk there. I never made it past the imaginative state so this may not work. But who's up for trying to setup a Rhosgobel's tent at tot in the astral and try to meet there?

With Love
Eelco
Who won't have time this weekend. but is up for exploration next week.

Cyber is close enough to astral to work for my purposes.

Who knows what will happen once I close my eyes for sleep again.

Calz
1st February 2014, 15:14
so Sooz,

Well now ... *rolls up sleeves I do* ... http://www.pic4ever.com/images/129fs238648.gif

Directed at Sooz this was and only responding to her image request I did ...

Sounds like:

http://www.vectorsforum.com/uploads/49/get-out-of-jail-free-card.jpg

Owls ... hmmm ... yes.

Often used as screen memories during "alien" abductions they are.

Little grey misfits of the dark side they are ... :abduct:

Ruffled ... smurfed they can get ...

Bet I offered ... lifetime of my skanky loosh for his alien craft ... 8 ball ... winner take all ...

http://rlv.zcache.com/alien_playing_pool_post_cards-r7f9e32e8df9c43409f8e84f5aac6e3a6_vgbaq_8byvr_512. jpg

Win I did ... smurfed he was ...

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/17/36/d2/1736d2a7d0aa6136ceabd45b846fe582.jpg

Of course ... this all happened while sitting in tent next to purple it did.

A few purple mystical brews entered into my body they did causing odd sensation they did ...

http://www.freewebs.com/dexter666/drunk%20yoda.jpg

Eelco
1st February 2014, 15:41
They did more than causing odd sensations i think..

All is well.. Always was.

WIth Love
Eelco

ronin
1st February 2014, 16:56
each and every one of us are capable of becoming Ascended Masters.
Thoth became a light being able to travel through dimensions.

when Adam and Eve took the knowledge from the tree.
the GODs where fearful that we may become as one of them.

but within each of us is a activation code that is built within our DNA.

would you imagine Thoth as a god?
or a being that has reached it,s true potential.

the question is how do each of us reach our true potential.

remember when god gave man a soul.

the angels where jealous(angels,demons,aliens)

maybe that is why they want to attach to us,to try to live in a body and overtake it?

they ,Them have no soul and they are trying to find a way back to god just as we are!

modwiz
1st February 2014, 17:10
each and every one of us are capable of becoming Ascended Masters.
Thoth became a light being able to travel through dimensions.

when Adam and Eve took the knowledge from the tree.
the GODs where fearful that we may become as one of them.

but within each of us is a activation code that is built within our DNA.

would you imagine Thoth as a god?
or a being that has reached it,s true potential.

the question is how do each of us reach our true potential.

Would you agree that DNA and consciousness are in a dance with each other?

ronin
1st February 2014, 17:17

i would say that when one is ready,to letting go of the conditioning.

then strange things begin to happen that only rings true to yourself.

but Cearna mentioned something that pricked my ears,so maybe it is not all that strange to people here?

BabaRa
1st February 2014, 17:24

An interesting thought.

I would say: Only when in a body and depending on how awake the person is. The more awake, the more consciousness is the captain of the ship.

Consciousness can exist (IMO), without a body, but I don't believe DNA can.

ronin
1st February 2014, 17:31
An interesting thought.

I would say: Only when in a body and depending on how awake the person is. The more awake, the more consciousness is the captain of the ship.

we live in the physical and 3d plane.
i cannot accept that we have to die to move on.
source gave us this earthplane to enjoy not to seek and pass away.
only we know we have been hijacked,by all senses hence dumbing us down we are not reaching our true development in life?

modwiz
1st February 2014, 17:57
An interesting thought.

As it should be. DNA is a physical manifestation of consciousness but, largely as an interface.

When people are 'asleep' DNA dominates and becomes autonomous. Awaker (I like it better than more awake) people recognize the interface and begin to use it as they understand it. Then, the dance begins. With the leading partner changing according to efficiency.

modwiz
1st February 2014, 17:59
we live in the physical and 3d plane.
i cannot accept that we have to die to move on.
source gave us this earthplane to enjoy not to seek and pass away.
only we know we have been hijacked,by all senses hence dumbing us down we are not reaching our true development in life?

I agree.

Acceptance of death is only required when one dies. I am all for bringing my sweet animal friend body with me because 'it' wants immortality as well.

ronin
1st February 2014, 18:03
I agree.

Acceptance of death is only required when one dies. I am all for bringing my sweet animal friend body with me because 'it' wants immortality as well.

you seek the philosopher,s stone?

modwiz
1st February 2014, 18:11
you seek the philosopher,s stone?

I run into a language meaning challenge here. So, without laboring over precise definition here, yes, but no.

The 'no' part would come about from a question of personal utility.

Eelco
1st February 2014, 18:18
The body/dna....
Consciousness.
an interface.....

keep the body forever and forego upgrades?
hmmmmmm.

In this 3d life, up until now anyway. it seems that everything that lives will die, decompose, die.
Does that mean consciousness goes as wel?

I don't think so. it transitions. taking what it can hold without the dna. so it transitions/changes as well.

With Love
Eelco

modwiz
1st February 2014, 18:25
Being agreeable and agreeing are not the same thing.

Except when they are.:p

modwiz
1st February 2014, 18:41
One line from Tolkien's work that caught my attention when I first encountered it almost 50 years ago.

"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger."
― Gildor Inglorion

Gildor just doesn't get curmudgeon energy.:rolleyes:

He does have another quote I like.

"Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill."
― Gildor Inglorion

True. When in doubt, less is more.

I am posting some Tolkien lore because it is relevant to my reality and fun to others. First paragraph has links to Maiar and Valar. These words would then have some background to them.

A nice introduction to some of the deeper lore in Middle Earth. It is about the Istari (Q) or Ithryn(S)
Q=Quenyan S=Sindarin

http://tolkiengateway.net/wiki/Wizards

modwiz
1st February 2014, 21:52
I found this little talk about Sanskrit and Vedic texts and more. Well prepared interviewer and a wonderfully well informed and well formed individual.

No music. Might be boring too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Brv2FaOluU

1inMany
2nd February 2014, 00:19
I found this little talk about Sanskrit and Vedic texts and more. Well prepared interviewer and a wonderfully well informed and well formed individual.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Brv2FaOluU

Thank you very much for sharing this. It was my introduction to Sanskrit. With this man's experience, he makes it understandable. I have doubts that I would be able to do that. But when Veda for Dummies comes out, I'm going to get it. I'll tell you what is odd to me, that these concepts sound so familiar. Anyway, thanks. Really.

norman
2nd February 2014, 00:53
hello WiZZ ;)

I found this crusty gem of a recording at the Boom Festival (2010) website.

It's Tony Andrews ( of "Funktion One" sound systems, fame ) speaking, and answering questions in front of a crowd of electronic music heads.

I agree with his perspective, although, I'm not as certain as he is that the universe began with a bang nearly 14 billion years ago.

In the beginning was the word, and the word was SOUND:

[ there doesn't seem to be an audio insert tool for this site, so I'll have to post a raw link - just click it to play or download it ]
https://app.box.com/s/8m4a25zuf353790pn1wz

EDIT [ to ad ]:

Bad sound is a vexation to the spirit: Tony Andrews at TEDxBrickLane

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gL92nlCR8cY

Eelco
2nd February 2014, 03:33

Absolutely wonderful interview.
Thank you so much.....Learned a lot.

WIth Love
Eelco

Eelco
2nd February 2014, 04:13
I just found this.
maybe helpful for those who wish to wxplore a little..

http://www.learnsanskrit.org/introduction

With Love
Eelco

1inMany
2nd February 2014, 13:19
Thank you, Eelco. I am perusing this. And here is what I found when looking for the Vedas in English:

http://www.sacred-texts.com/hin/

Offering for anyone also interested.

I just found this.
maybe helpful for those who wish to wxplore a little..

http://www.learnsanskrit.org/introduction

With Love
Eelco

I am curious about Om. They say it is the sound of creation, roughly. How exactly do "they" know this? That's another thing I'm pondering...

Eelco
2nd February 2014, 14:54
I am curious about Om. They say it is the sound of creation, roughly. How exactly do "they" know this? That's another thing I'm pondering...

I have had the same question for years...
My working hypothesis based on the site I referred to earlier.
The O or AU. is the sound of the breath when you breathe out without making an effort.
its natural ending is M where at the end of the breath the mouth closes and the lips touch.

years ago I did read up on kotodama a bit.
Its the Japanese studie of sound, from the idea that sound is the basis for all that is.
In my martial arts studies, i have encountered kotodama and varias kiai's (shouts) that are supposed to create various effects in people.
stun them or damage their energy system...

And now i remember seeing a video some time ago where a group of healers surround someone with a tumor.
when singing/uttering a sound. the tumor diminished on real-time xray video.

So even though this is my hypothesis at this moment in time. I feel that OM may have been found and explored by those more knowledgable than me.
I'd like to yhink so anyway.

With Love
Eelco

Eelco
2nd February 2014, 15:40
experimenting with effortless sounds whilst walking the dog through the woods.
Am inclined to think O or AU. is the same as M.
one with lips apart. one with lips closed..
not nessisarily the beginning or end of Aum. but 2 manifestations of the same.

With love
Eelco

modwiz
2nd February 2014, 15:56
Om, the Word, singing the World in Existence as is done in the Ainulundale of of the Silmarillion all reveal a similar sound generated Genesis.

Be that as it may, I find little utility in understanding this as it applies to conscious daily living.

Calz
2nd February 2014, 16:51
Long running thread on TOT ... who dah thunk it???

[better hope no more resets are in the immediate future eh???]

Just goes to show what value wizards can have.

Kudos to the many colors of wizards contributing to a great thread ...

[taste the rainbow inside joke with one of such ... but we mustn't go there around here]

Perhaps I will hang around after all ... tent dwelling is starting to grow on me ...

(Hi 1 ... welcome aboard).

http://wowozine.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/hanging-camping-tent-3.jpg

Eelco
2nd February 2014, 17:02
Wow..
One goes one for years and hardly notices owls and then people are throwing them at you from all sides....

http://www.buzzfeed.com/lukelewis/27-delightful-obsolete-words-its-high-time-we-revived

With Love
Eelco

Calz
2nd February 2014, 17:07
Wow..
One goes one for years and hardly notices owls and then people are throwing them at you from all sides....

http://www.buzzfeed.com/lukelewis/27-delightful-obsolete-words-its-high-time-we-revived

With Love
Eelco

http://cdn2.stormgrounds.com/stormgrounds-cdn/media/Funny-Yoda.jpg

modwiz
2nd February 2014, 17:15
Wow..

With Love
Eelco

I really enjoyed that. Info and humor is a great way to go. 27 wonderful owls was a treat.

Calz
2nd February 2014, 18:15
I hope this won't ruffle any feathers (no not owls).

If we are to have meaningful and lasting conversation on what makes up our "reality" then we must be willing to remove our rose colored lenses.

So very much is in our face now (grammy awards ... superbowl halftime shows) etc.

Here is a good example of the programming being dumped upon us (children most vulnerable) ...

http://vimeo.com/44435862

modwiz
2nd February 2014, 18:20
I am going to post another video. I pulled it from the two videos Malc has in his NibiruIII thread. I have watched this video in its entirety. I will never post a video I have not watched.

Topics is Archons but, it is much better than the title might indicate. Gnostics, Don Juan, psychopaths and some other material make this a useful video. Certainly topic or two good for conversation.

Around the 12 minute mark, narration stops and pictures are flashed for about 90 seconds. I move the screen out of view. I knew there would be scenes I did not want to see..........AGAIN!

Others may wish to spare themselves the visuals as well. Once narration re-ensues, the way is clear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJF8rJw19zA#t=2528

modwiz
2nd February 2014, 18:23
I hope this won't ruffle any feathers (no not owls).

If we are to have meaningful and lasting conversation on what makes up our "reality" then we must be willing to remove our rose colored lenses.

So very much is in our face now (grammy awards ... superbowl halftime shows) etc.

Here is a good example of the programming being dumped upon us (children most vulnerable) ...

Respectfully.:hugs:

None of this is dumped on us. We feed on it like sharks in a frenzy. As long as TV's remain on in households, with viewers involved, all blame rests upon ourselves, IMO.

We refuse to close a portal they access us from. We pay to keep it open and they read that message loud and clear. They should ignore our protestations. We are hypocrites. Just because they are psychopaths does not absolve us of correct and clear behavior. Actions are viewed and words are ignored.

To understand this is to become empowered. Until power is exercised there is no empowerment. Without empowerment there is no sovereignty worthy of the word.

BTW, other than a snippet, I have not seen Perry's performance. It has no meaning or worth for me. It's like watching someone take a crap. Not interested.:ha:

Calz
2nd February 2014, 18:33
None of this is dumped on us. We feed on it like sharks in a frenzy. As long as TV's remain on in households, with viewers involved, all blame rests upon ourselves, IMO.

We refuse to close a portal they access us from.

To a degree most certainly.

Blame parents if we must.

Fine line between being an "overbearing parent" and one who tries to respect the wishes of the souls inhabiting their children.

Add to that the (at least amerikan) both parents must work ... some with overtime or even a 2nd job ...

Oh yes ... the Rockysmeller inspired school system will make things right with our children ... right???

You need to bear in mind, my good friend, not all of humanity shares your understanding of things ... yes???

The One
2nd February 2014, 18:39
http://www.morbonzi.com/images/logo/b507/forum_image_forum_image____536.gif

1inMany
2nd February 2014, 18:47
Om, the Word, singing the World in Existence as is done in the Ainulundale of of the Silmarillion all reveal a similar sound generated Genesis.

Be that as it may, I find little utility in understanding this as it applies to conscious daily living.

Really? Which part is not useful? After hearing PurpleLama "play around" with sound, and after being knocked back a few steps during the experience, I find the concept intriguing. Might be a waste of my time to ponder this. I really don't know.

Thanks, for the welcome, Calz :) As for the rainbow, looks like purple, brown-blue-green, and pink are taken. That leaves...yellow, orange, and red? Alas, I don't like those choices. I guess I'm destined to be a learner. I'll take that :)

modwiz
2nd February 2014, 18:49
You need to bear in mind, my good friend, not all of humanity shares your understanding of things ... yes???

How would you counsel me in that regard, my friend?
Should I keep my understanding to myself?

I seek to empower, not enable.

Am I too "out of the loop"?

Eelco
2nd February 2014, 18:52
Thanks, for the welcome, Calz :) As for the rainbow, looks like purple, brown-blue-green, and pink are taken. That leaves...yellow, orange, and red? Alas, I don't like those choices. I guess I'm destined to be a learner. I'll take that :)

You can take pink if you want ;)
I'm just a succer for men in pink hello kitty clothes.. This one just happened to look like gandalf.
I'm a lot of things... But no wizard by a long shot.

WIth Love
Eelco

1inMany
2nd February 2014, 18:55
You can take pink if you want ;)
I'm just a succer for men in pink hello kitty clothes.. This one just happened to look like gandalf.
I'm a lot of things... But no wizard by a long shot.

WIth Love
Eelco

Thanks, Eelco, you made me laugh. Gandalf can wear any color and it doesn't detract. We can leave pink up in the air, I apparently do not see in myself what a certain purple wizard sees. Yet.

Calz
2nd February 2014, 18:56
How would you counsel me in that regard, my friend?
Should I keep my understanding to myself?

I seek to empower, not enable.

Am I too "out of the loop"?

Of course not :)

I am ... as always with someone born with 5 planets in Libra ... offering balance and trying to see things from every angle.

Consider a child who has no choice in what is offered to her/him for entertainment save what they find for themselves when left to their own???

Again ... we can lay blame on society or the parents (who often are knee deep in the matrix and have no clue themselves).

But what about those born into this society who have no choice or are offered no advice from well meaning and awake and aware parents.

Looks like the vid is pulled already anyway ... *sigh* ... how's dat for our reality???

modwiz
2nd February 2014, 18:58
Really? Which part is not useful? After hearing PurpleLama "play around" with sound, and after being knocked back a few steps during the experience, I find the concept intriguing. Might be a waste of my time to ponder this. I really don't know.

I was responding to this:

I might have mistakenly read that this point was frustrating you and sought simply to put it in an hierarchy of utility. Sound and frequency are important to me.

modwiz
2nd February 2014, 19:03
Thanks, Eelco, you made me laugh. Gandalf can wear any color and it doesn't detract. We can leave pink up in the air, I apparently do not see in myself what a certain purple wizard sees. Yet.

BTW. I see it too.:shocked:

1inMany
2nd February 2014, 19:06
Thank you for clarifying. I'm not to the point of frustration, only consideration. It is a new concept to me, and I wonder about it. I'm chewing on the idea that everything is sound. And that creation is sound in motion. And that everything we encounter not only has a frequency but a sound as well.

Still in the first stages of forming this into a coherent idea actually. Likely too soon to participate in a conversation about it.

I was responding to this:

I might have mistakenly read that this point was frustrating you and sought simply to put it in an hierarchy of utility. Sound and frequency are important to me.

Oh, Cripey, modwiz...you, too???? I told PL the other evening, and I'm telling you now...I've turned fifteen shades of pink. And I'm stunned. Again.

modwiz
2nd February 2014, 19:13
Oh, Cripey, modwiz...you, too???? I told PL the other evening, and I'm telling you now...I've turned fifteen shades of pink. And I'm stunned. Again.

We live in the same Village.(I ghost there daily) In a real community it is relatively easy to watch growth. There is organic growth and there is phenomenal growth. The latter gets noticed.

modwiz
2nd February 2014, 19:16
Looks like the vid is pulled already anyway ... *sigh* ... how's dat for our reality???

Calz, I need you. I wanted to post the Spock picture with the caption, 'Fascinating'. I tried to find it with no success. If any one can help it would be you.

modwiz
2nd February 2014, 19:33

Who has Pink? Just curious, something I indulge in on occasion.

BTW. Brown is open. No hogging allowed.:D

Eelco
2nd February 2014, 19:37
He modwiz.

search for "spock fascinating gif" on google.
there are loads there... i can put a few of them here if you like...

https://www.google.nl/search?q=spock+fascinating+gif&safe=off&rlz=1C1CHFX_nlNL565NL565&espv=210&es_sm=122&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=4qvuUpehF8-z0QW344GYBw&ved=0CCoQsAQ&biw=1366&bih=681#q=spock+fascinating+gif&safe=off&tbm=isch&imgdii=_

With Love
Eelco

modwiz
2nd February 2014, 19:41
He modwiz.

search for "spock fascinating gif" on google.
there are loads there... i can put a few of them here if you like...

https://www.google.nl/search?q=spock+fascinating+gif&safe=off&rlz=1C1CHFX_nlNL565NL565&espv=210&es_sm=122&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=4qvuUpehF8-z0QW344GYBw&ved=0CCoQsAQ&biw=1366&bih=681#q=spock+fascinating+gif&safe=off&tbm=isch&imgdii=_

With Love
Eelco

Thanks, Eelco. This is great. It is like getting mail by owl. Makes me smile a Harry Potter grin.

Let me now open my mail.

1inMany
2nd February 2014, 19:41
Who has Pink? Just curious, something I indulge in on occasion.

BTW. Brown is open. No hogging allowed.:D

Haha. Eelco was using Gandalf in the pink as his avatar...which he has since changed, I see.

Truth be told, I remember being in white. Although I also remember others in white. But I do not associate that experience with wizardry, and do not associate white with wizardry, except with Galdalf. Except the one time when...oh sheesh. I'm babbling. I will stop now.

modwiz
2nd February 2014, 19:44
This is the one I like.
http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp320/jwdundercover/StarTrekSpockFascinating1.jpg
Thanks again, Eelco.

The One
2nd February 2014, 19:48
Make it so

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mBZFlteYRE

modwiz
2nd February 2014, 19:53
Long running thread on TOT ... who dah thunk it???

[better hope no more resets are in the immediate future eh???]

I have you to thank? LOL for getting me to do this. Well, you and one or two others.
I think we avoided a reset during the upgrade. Whew!

Glad you reconsidered participating.:thup:

PurpleLama
2nd February 2014, 20:19
I have the sense, as do some of you, that this is destined to be the tot mega thread, as much as a forum of this size might allow. Word may get around, and we might find that others may cross the line and come here to participate in this thread in particular. I am sure Mal won't mind, ha.

Pink has oft been seen as a higher vibration associated with the heart, which is green in the associated spectum. I see pink as more where the green meets the indigo, but also I have seen how pink in its most intens shade is to be seen at the highest edge of violet, and likewise at the lowest edge of red, so it is perhaps what links the last to this, and this to the next. Just a little musing, there.

As for sound, I did do a small amount of toning, and my favorite sound to make is indeed om, starting low, low, and allowing the sound to rise on its own until a crescendo is reached and the sound that first vibrated in the lower abdomen ends with tingling on top of the head. It is impossible for me to describe the sounds (noises!) that I have been led to learn. I played around with it for years with intuition as my guide, and aside from the obvious apparent effect on others, and the added "power" that it lent to my working (only to be used in extreme circumstance, and best used when no other humans are around) it was not until I discovered recordings of siddhic mantras that I realized that such was used even into the modern era, that a mantra can be more than words with meaning, but a series of sounds -not words exactly, that properly executed can weild tremendous power and change reality in a dramatic fashion. My wife and Playdo are the only ones who have been present when I have cut loose, so to speak. 1 did get to hear me vibrate a few tones, when next we meet I will demonstrate further, and make her do it along with me ( I can hear her say, What?! haha) I am certain that I she does, she will demonstrate the same capacity as me, and will ask a million questions about it, which will in turn cause me to learn more about it just in trying to formulate some answers. She does not realize, thats almost always how it works.

PurpleLama
2nd February 2014, 20:23
Ok, psychically picking up the first question....

Think of the "butterfly effect", when one is releasing this vibration from within themselves, it has the capacity to effect things more directly, but in concert with, the intent or concept that one would be seeking to manifest, as making the sound constitutes more of an "action" far more than mere visualization.

1inMany
2nd February 2014, 20:46
Ok, psychically picking up the first question....

Think of the "butterfly effect", when one is releasing this vibration from within themselves, it has the capacity to effect things more directly, but in concert with, the intent or concept that one would be seeking to manifest, as making the sound constitutes more of an "action" far more than mere visualization.

So...this is like creating. Creating with intent and giving the intent more coherence as it is released from within...and the sound can carry out the creation externally?

Oh, and...me do this? Uh-huh...

I don't think I have that in me. That toning thing? That's powerful.

Okay, where does this come from?

1inMany
2nd February 2014, 20:53
Wait. So, what if you do that toning, but you are not thinking? What does it create if you pull from within, then release it...but you have no intent?

Oh, sorry, did you want me to hold all my questions til the end?

Bwahahaha

PurpleLama
2nd February 2014, 20:59
Without a specific intent, then one's "true intent" might shine through.

True intent (anticipating the whaddya mean by that) would be seen if one were to ponder vibration, and specifically the ability for tones to be resonant.

PurpleLama
2nd February 2014, 21:01
The more one clears the self, the more the mental garbage gets taken out, the closer one comes to expressing the energetic signature that one intended to in coming into this realm.

1inMany
2nd February 2014, 21:02
Okay, then, how can such a low tone have resonance with a very high vibration? Logic would say that the lower the sound, the lower the vibration. But that does not appear to be the case.

Without a specific intent, then one's "true intent" might shine through.

True intent (anticipating the whaddya mean by that) would be seen if one were to ponder vibration, and specifically the ability for tones to be resonant.

You are anticipating my questions well, Oh Wise One :)

PurpleLama
2nd February 2014, 21:04
Also, thinking and intending are two vastly different things, most "thinking" is more like "mind rattling", like when the old junker car makes so much racket going down the road, one cannot even hear the engine. The awareness exercise and the attendant practices are what, one by one, removes the extraneous sounds.

1inMany
2nd February 2014, 21:06
Also, thinking and intending are two vastly different things, most "thinking" is more like "mind rattling", like when the old junker car makes so much racket going down the road, one cannot even hear the engine. The awareness exercise and the attendant practices are what, one by one, removes the extraneous sounds.

So they are removing the mental garbage as well?

PurpleLama
2nd February 2014, 21:08
True, the meme of high vibration verses low vibration flies out the window in the face of true metaphysics.

modwiz
2nd February 2014, 21:14
Okay, then, how can such a low tone have resonance with a very high vibration? Logic would say that the lower the sound, the lower the vibration. But that does not appear to be the case.

Octaves, my dear. In true tuning of 432 hz, the note 'C' begins at 1 hz. Next octave is 2 hz, then 4 hz, 8, 16, 32. 'C' has the exact same multiples as computer memory. Surely a coincidence.:rolleyes:

PurpleLama
2nd February 2014, 21:17
So...this is like creating. Creating with intent and giving the intent more coherence as it is released from within...and the sound can carry out the creation externally?

Oh, and...me do this? Uh-huh...

I don't think I have that in me. That toning thing? That's powerful.

Okay, where does this come from?

What is held firmly by mind when the tone is created will piggy back, so to speak, on the physical vibration of the sound itself.

Many things you do, now, you would have said, what, me? no way- a few years ago.

Where does it come from? Be more specific. For me, it came "naturally", other lifetimes of practice, perhaps.

1inMany
2nd February 2014, 21:21
What is held firmly by mind when the tone is created will piggy back, so to speak, on the physical vibration of the sound itself.

Many things you do, now, you would have said, what, me? no way- a few years ago.

Where does it come from? Be more specific. For me, it came "naturally", other lifetimes of practice, perhaps.

Does this move through you, or originate with you? That's what I meant by where it comes from. Is this something you pull through yourself, or you create? I'm having trouble framing the question. Take reiki as an example, it originates in the Universe and you open up and allow it through you. Is that what these tones are like?

And modwiz, that makes perfect sense! Ha!

1inMany
2nd February 2014, 21:28
Octaves, my dear. In true tuning of 432 hz, the note 'C' begins at 1 hz. Next octave is 2 hz, then 4 hz, 8, 16, 32. 'C' has the exact same multiples as computer memory. Surely a coincidence.:rolleyes:

I have a hunch here. I'm not sure where this is coming from. But I will go with it for a moment. If I strike a "C" on the piano, and let it sing, every "C" in the Universe is struck and sings at the same time. Is this correct?

If it is, it is similar to what I have heard about water. That every drop of water on the planet is related, and what one drop contains, all contain. Same type of thing. I think.

How far off am I?

I'm not sure that makes sense either. Not a literal piano, not like if I were to play a "C" at my house, the neighbor's piano would play a "C" all by itself. Bigger.

modwiz
2nd February 2014, 21:34
Candlemass/Imbolc today. Halfway through Winter.

I saw a fairy fly of some sort today. Very magical. The only sign of insect life for weeks.

Evoked a smile and words from me.

PurpleLama
2nd February 2014, 21:35
Does this move through you, or originate with you? That's what I meant by where it comes from. Is this something you pull through yourself, or you create? I'm having trouble framing the question. Take reiki as an example, it originates in the Universe and you open up and allow it through you. Is that what these tones are like?

Well, the tone originates with the one making the tone, but where does the one making the tone originate?

See?

modwiz
2nd February 2014, 21:36
I have a hunch here. I'm not sure where this is coming from. But I will go with it for a moment. If I strike a "C" on the piano, and let it sing, every "C" in the Universe is struck and sings at the same time. Is this correct?

If it is, it is similar to what I have heard about water. That every drop of water on the planet is related, and what one drop contains, all contain. Same type of thing. I think.

How far off am I?

I'm not sure that makes sense either. Not a literal piano, not like if I were to play a "C" at my house, the neighbor's piano would play a "C" all by itself. Bigger.

If it was loud enough your neighbors piano would 'sing' sympathetically.:hilarious:

Entanglement. Wish my every wire I owned would be exempt from this cosmic principle. Instead, I smile as I unwind my wires know this 'entanglement' is the glue of all things.

It is a Way.

1inMany
2nd February 2014, 21:38
Ohhhhhh. Yep. I do. Wow. No wonder.

Well, the tone originates with the one making the tone, but where does the one making the tone originate?

See?

Well. I'll be damned.

1inMany
2nd February 2014, 21:48
You know, I heard that was today. And the person who told me about it only knew that this is the first day the ewes suckled the lambs. Now, see, I have a question or two about that. I seem to be either spamming or hijacking here, so I will refrain. And instead, I will wish you a Happy Imbolc.

If that is an appropriate greeting for this day. :hmm:

Candlemass/Imbolc today. Halfway through Winter.

I saw a fairy fly of some sort today. Very magical. The only sign of insect life for weeks.

Evoked a smile and words from me.

PurpleLama
2nd February 2014, 21:56
1, you could not troll if you tried. Sincerity, another cancerian curse, haha. Please, ask, I "know" our host won't mind....

modwiz
2nd February 2014, 22:03
1, you could not troll if you tried. Please, ask, I "know" our host won't mind....

I agree

modwiz
2nd February 2014, 22:05
I'll be damned.

Let me fix that.:priest:
:ha:

1inMany
2nd February 2014, 22:12
sigh. You guys are the best.

Well, I don't understand, first of all, why a person, or culture, or whoever started this, would set aside a day to have a Thanksgiving type feast simply because the ewes are suckling the lambs. Does that make sense? All these holidays all year long...solstice and such...were these people just that kind of grateful? Or maybe they liked to party. (haha) Maybe it is just that I'm not social, and that's why I don't understand.

modwiz
2nd February 2014, 22:30
Festivals, or feasts, are hugely important to a cohesive and coherent community, IMO.

Some churches still ring bells on the hour and a single one on the halves. Soltices and Eqinoxes are like the hours with the 'smaller' one being half hours.......of sorts. Imbolc is the halfway point of Winter. Samhain/Halloween is halfway through Fall. They fall roughly six weeks apart.

I like calling this day Candlemas. It means 'more light' to me. The noticeable lengthening of the days is upon us.

The Elves of ME have a type of proto-Spring they call the 'Stirring'. Love it.
In between Autumn and Winter they have the 'Fading' as well.

modwiz
2nd February 2014, 22:45
Even the mal-intentioned mark the feasts. We don't want to know what's on the menu. :vom:

http://www.fun2video.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/political-party-funny-animation.gif
Thanks to Calz for this gem.

modwiz
2nd February 2014, 22:48
Aboriginal people. Weird name. the prefix, 'ab' means 'away', or 'away from'. Original people is the correct term.

More trickery by those who would commandeer our language.

Cheaps tricks though.

Calz
2nd February 2014, 23:19
@ White Wiz

Calz, I need you. I wanted to post the Spock picture with the caption, 'Fascinating'. I tried to find it with no success. If any one can help it would be you.

Sorry for the delay.

Logic would dictate that even shift workers must sleep.

The needs of the sleepy outweigh the need of the many (unless 1 is involved of course) ...

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/img/talon_262/2012/05/20/SpockFascinating.jpg

http://thechristiannerd.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/spock_fascinating.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_vCJ5ph6Hw5w/SeNrbvtWo5I/AAAAAAAAC-A/U7i83jsavH0/s400/Spock.jpg

PurpleLama
2nd February 2014, 23:21
The fact that cretins of ill intent will use the attributes of the days when energies are stonger, more piercing, more resonant, makes it all the more important that those of us who operate in accorc with Creator's intent make use of these days and the opportunities they present, as well.

One well placed expression of power by one even such as ourselves all to often will bring a well planned event to naught. That which slips through the cracks, so to speak, are those that serve less nefarious purposes, as well. for example, 911 was a ritual, and a tragedy, but it has served to bring more attention to the parasite than anything else ever could, to the point that that this may offset what power was gained by those who perpetrated the event. Unforseen results occur from the rituals that make it into the reality. But, on the flipside, they cannot get a handle on what is done by those such as ourselves, not just can't, but in their arrogance, won't. It has been so long since the power of creator has been weilded on this planet, that even the longest memories have forgotten.

Sorry, folks, I seem to have forgotten myself, my usual subtlety has slipped as I was talking to 1 and Rad. Please feel free to take me with whatever size grain of salt you feel necessary.

modwiz
2nd February 2014, 23:27
The fact that cretins of ill intent will use the attributes of the days when energies are stonger, more piercing, more resonant, makes it all the more important that those of us who operate in accorc with Creator's intent make use of these days and the opportunities they present, as well.

One well placed expression of power by one even such as ourselves all to often will bring a well planned event to naught. That which slips through the cracks, so to speak, are those that serve less nefarious purposes, as well. for example, 911 was a ritual, and a tragedy, but it has served to bring more attention to the parasite than anything else ever could, to the point that that this may offset what power was gained by those who perpetrated the event. Unforseen results occur from the rituals that make it into the reality. But, on the flipside, they cannot get a handle on what is done by those such as ourselves, not just can't, but in their arrogance, won't. It has been so long since the power of creator has been weilded on this planet, that even the longest memories have forgotten.

Sorry, folks, I seem to have forgotten myself, my usual subtlety has slipped as I was talking to 1 and Rad. Please feel free to take me with whatever size grain of salt you feel necessary.

Subtlety-0, Totters-1

I agree with the above as well.

Seikou-Kishi
2nd February 2014, 23:35
Aboriginal people. Weird name. the prefix, 'ab' means 'away', or 'away from'. Original people is the correct term.

Cheaps tricks though.

"Ab" in Latin is a preposition which means "from" or, in temporal constructions, "since". The term "aboriginal" descends from a Latin phrase "ab orgine" which meant "from the beginning". The single word "aboriginal" is the single-word adjectival form of that phrase. In this case, I expect the term is one without extra sinisterness.

Moonlight
2nd February 2014, 23:35

Cheaps tricks though.

I am fourth generation Anishinaabe from my father's side. The meaning would be the first or original peoples. "Interesting" that you should bring that up.

modwiz
2nd February 2014, 23:38
"Ab" in Latin is a preposition which means "from" or, in temporal constructions, "since". The term "aboriginal" descends from a Latin phrase "ab orgine" which meant "from the beginning". The single word "aboriginal" is the single-word adjectival form of that phrase. In this case, I expect the term is one without extra sinisterness.

Thank you, for clearing that up, SK.

I agree that extra sinisterness was not involved.

modwiz
2nd February 2014, 23:41
I am fourth generation Anishinaabe from my father's side. The meaning would be the first or original peoples. "Interesting" that you should bring that up.

5th Generation Nez Perce, from mother's side.

Father did not know how distant his Mohawk relative was. He didn't care either. Wasn't that far back though.

Good grounding blood for this continent.

1inMany
2nd February 2014, 23:48
Oh my goodness. It would appear that in this one day at Rhosgobel, all my questions have been answered.

:shocked:

And several I had not verbalized, PL answered in just that last post. I can't describe the feeling of growth. Openness. Understanding, past my brain. On a soul level.

I'm in awe. Thank you so much.

:wshp; :hug:

modwiz
2nd February 2014, 23:51
Oh my goodness. It would appear that in this one day at Rhosgobel, all my questions have been answered.

And several I had not verbalized, PL answered in just that last post. I can't describe the feeling of growth. Openness. Understanding, past my brain. On a soul level.

I hope you'll still visit.:nails:

Moonlight
2nd February 2014, 23:53
5th Generation Nez Perce, from mother's side.

Father did not know how distant his Mohawk relative was. He didn't care either. Wasn't that far back though.

Good grounding blood for this continent.

The few times I have met my father, he would jokingly say that we had Blackfeet blood. I later learned from a cousin, that the lineage was Algonquin. There were so many mixes in the older days that I would think that most of us have some links to the first nations.

PurpleLama
2nd February 2014, 23:53

No. You will teach us more, when you *finally* get around to it. I see it, and Mod will agree.

1inMany
2nd February 2014, 23:54
I hope you'll still visit.:nails:

Oh, I love it here. I'm not going anywhere.

:grin:

Besides, that was today's questions. Shall we start on yesterday's? :hilarious:

I was just taking a moment to say thank you. I feel grateful.

1inMany
2nd February 2014, 23:56
No. You will teach us more, when you *finally* get around to it. I see it, and Mod will agree.

I may regret this. Get around to what????

PurpleLama
2nd February 2014, 23:59
My great granny has parents, one was French with the name Chapelle, from southern France, and his wife was Native 'Merican, but that's all I know, but given the area, she could have been Choctaw or Cherokee. My wife has a lot of native blood, and it shows.

modwiz
3rd February 2014, 00:17
Love. One word with too many responsibilities. The Greek language can assist us if we learn and use three new words and perhaps create a fourth.

SK will be along to remedy any language mistakes I might make.:p Glad he is around.

Eros=romantic love
Philo(s)=brotherly love. (Women included)
Agape=Awe, love beyond words. Union with the Divine.

Just a thought experiment.

BabaRa
3rd February 2014, 00:18
For those with Native American blood, have you ever read Ken Carey's Return of the Bird Tribes? It's been around a while and one of my favorites.

modwiz
3rd February 2014, 00:19
For those with Native American blood, have you ever read Ken Carey's Return of the Bird Tribes? It's been around a while and one of my favorites.

I read it about '90. In the last century.:p

I liked the book.

1inMany
3rd February 2014, 00:31
Love. One word with too many responsibilities. The Greek language can assist us if we learn and use three new words and perhaps create a fourth.

SK will be along to remedy any language mistakes I might make.:p Glad he is around.

Eros=romantic love

What would the fourth be?

modwiz
3rd February 2014, 00:32

I'm open to suggestions.

Moonlight
3rd February 2014, 00:36

I have not and I see it is available in French. It may end up on my "to read" list.

Thank you.

lookbeyond
3rd February 2014, 00:40
I am going to post another video. I pulled it from the two videos Malc has in his NibiruIII thread. I have watched this video in its entirety. I will never post a video I have not watched.

Topics is Archons but, it is much better than the title might indicate. Gnostics, Don Juan, psychopaths and some other material make this a useful video. Certainly topic or two good for conversation.

Around the 12 minute mark, narration stops and pictures are flashed for about 90 seconds. I move the screen out of view. I knew there would be scenes I did not want to see..........AGAIN!

Others may wish to spare themselves the visuals as well. Once narration re-ensues, the way is clear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJF8rJw19zA#t=2528

Hi All, Thankyou Modwiz for this video. I have a few points to discuss if you will all join me, i would appreciate any thoughts;

Video mentions for archons to feed off us while we are alive, we are required to be in a "relaxed, hypnotic state"- could the television be used for this? Some people believe meditation is dangerous (Martinus)- could this be why?

Video states from top secret document (Day After Roswell) that "religions were created to provide rules and regulations so that we would not damage our containers" (bodies)
Any thoughts?

Late Dr K Turners husband has stated that the way to free ourselves from archons control/manipulation is to "know the laws that govern reality"- any ideas what these are, could these be the "Natural Laws" that Mark Passio talks about on his podcasts?

I want to investigate this topic here - I tried to at avalon and did not get much interest.. my very important reasons to discover the truth reguarding archon intervention in life and particularly after death are to educate my children- enough fairy tales

modwiz
3rd February 2014, 00:48
I will be taking a short break.

LB, I will address your questions, to the best of my ability, when I return shortly.

Seikou-Kishi
3rd February 2014, 00:48
In this life I have never been to the US or Mexico, and I can count on one hand the number of Native Americans I have met, so my perceptions are probably inaccurate, but I cannot think of them without brimming over with grave sadness. For all there are many people of Native American descent, it does seem, unfortunately, that the genocide of the Native Americans is all but complete.

I remember once recently I was in a city centre here in the UK and a few Native Americans had a stand with crafts for sale while they played music with traditional instruments. I was competely entranced by the music and lost all track of time. I wanted to go up and speak to them, but there was nothing to say and who on Earth was I to say it? I just felt such great sadness.

What seemed like moments later, one of the people came up to me and made a comment that I must really have liked the music. I was confused at first wondering why he'd singled me out, and it turned out I'd been standing there for hours so wrapped up in one thought that time passed by completely unnoticed. It seemed churlish to ask the man what "variety" of Native American he was, and down right unforgiveable to ask him if he truly was. I think, though, that no actors could have had the effect on me that they and their music had.

When I eventually got home, I cried but I wasn't sure why. The only way I can describe that feeling... You know when somebody you love dies, and then you look out of the window expecting for the briefest moment to see them, or else wake up in the morning and for half a moment forget they've died? Well that feeling of grief and separation that bounds in on one when realisation occurs is the feeling that seized me that day. I fear that for all Native Americans remain, we hear only a swansong.

And you know, we see it even today. A bunch of sectarian sports fans in America resent the fact that people have a problem with the name of their team. They resent the idea that people will not just meekly put up with the Washington Redskins misappropriating their identity and furthering the subjugation and humiliation of Native American people. The arrogance of it, to think that one group as the genocidal conquerer has a superior right to a nation's very identity, that an oppressed minority must not simply be oppressed and choked to death, but must not speak a word about it while it happens.

I saw a "protest" recently in which a handful of Washington Racists fans declared that they would scalp people for having a problem with the name and they would scalp their opponents on the field... Given the history in which people were paid by the scalp (half price for a woman's, of course) this is disgusting.

What happened to the Native Americans was a travesty. A human travesty. And here I say "what happened" as though it was simply an event, and not a crime with perpetrators, because people like to sterilise these things. This travesty wasn't just something which happened, but was so thoroughly done that perhaps the Native Americans will never be able to recover. Are those Native Americans who yet live just echoes of a dead voice? It is a sadness beyond words.

lookbeyond
3rd February 2014, 00:49
:frantic:No problem, its not urgent

Seikou-Kishi
3rd February 2014, 01:35

Eros=romantic love

English has and particularly had words for each of these kinds. For the first, eros, or romantic or sexual love, was filled by the word lust. It did not have the odious connotations it has today, but meant longing or desire. For the second, philos, we have the word love itself. And for the third, agape, a higher kind of spiritual love, translated into latin by the word caritas (hence "charity"), old English had the word which lives on today as "dearness"

In Old English particularly the idea of "lufu" (love) was contrasted with the idea of "nyd" (necessity). Many terms for kinsmen and kinship groups were prefixed with one of these two words and denoted a kinsman by biology (nyd-) who by necessity was a kinsman, and a kinsman by affection (lufu-) who was a kinsman by choice, somewhat like the idea today of bloodbrothers.

A fourth kind of love existed in the Anglo-Saxon Weltanschauung, called sibb. It denotes the affection that exists between people of the same kin (either by blood or affiliation) and is today found only in the term "sibling", which means people who share in one familial affection or kinship, a sense which has become narrowed to mean only one's brothers and sisters.

Incidentally, Modwiz, we discussed earlier about the natures of different metals and alloys and your observations about bronze as an alloy of Jupiter and Venus. There is another alloy of copper which I very much enjoy. The metals of the "modern" planets are zinc (Uranus), cobalt (Neptune) and bismuth (Pluto), and a combination of copper and zinc produces brass. I have always enjoyed the combination of Venus, the planet of love, and Uranus, the planet of all things heavenly. There was an epithet of Aphrodite and she was known as Aphorodite Ourania, or heavenly love. Brass for me embodies this spiritual sense of love and I find it a welcome addition wherever it is found.

I thought I'd include the last paragraph because it tied in the discussion on the types of love with the previous discussion.

PurpleLama
3rd February 2014, 02:02
Black panther defy the power
Fight the violence with nonviolence
What good is justice if the scales are bent
By a criminal government
Think of the dead in vietnam
Think of the dead in birmingham
Think of the freedom we don't understand
Asleep in bed in a stolen land
Responsibility to understand
Responsibility to take a stand
Responsibility to know your place
In the struggle of the human race

-Mason Jennings

modwiz
3rd February 2014, 03:47
Hi All, Thankyou Modwiz for this video. I have a few points to discuss if you will all join me, i would appreciate any thoughts;

Video mentions for archons to feed off us while we are alive, we are required to be in a "relaxed, hypnotic state"- could the television be used for this? Some people believe meditation is dangerous (Martinus)- could this be why?
TV is a definite yes and it jumped to mind when that part came up. I would not worry much about meditating. I worry that more people don't do some sort of quiet time.

Video states from top secret document (Day After Roswell) that "religions were created to provide rules and regulations so that we would not damage our containers" (bodies)
Any thoughts?

My thoughts are this concept has a lot of validity. The exact meaning of what we contain is not clear. I'm sure they don't want us getting to it first. LOL

Late Dr K Turners husband has stated that the way to free ourselves from archons control/manipulation is to "know the laws that govern reality"- any ideas what these are, could these be the "Natural Laws" that Mark Passio talks about on his podcasts?

I have a problem with statements like "laws that govern reality" because they make it sound like there is a code book one needs to refer to. I consider language like this to be Newagespeak. Metaphysics for dummies. However, he has a point.

I am not familiar with Passio's concepts. He is a teacher doing his thing.

The Seth Material, especially the later books, gets into the real nuts and bolts of reality construction. The emphasis on consciousness and value fulfillment in pursuit of a joyous existence is throughout all of this work.

I want to investigate this topic here - I tried to at avalon and did not get much interest.. my very important reasons to discover the truth reguarding archon intervention in life and particularly after death are to educate my children- enough fairy tales

Our biggest achontic problem is their puppets. PTB.

Our waking up and knowing ourselves is their biggest problem.

Eelco
3rd February 2014, 03:57
Still pondering the tones and sounds I looked a bit for the kotodama(koto-speech, tama-soul/spirit/ghost) info.
Could not find much on the net..But did find this.

http://www.sacred-texts.com/shi/kj/index.htm

Its the Kojiki. The Japanese/Shinto "Record of ancient matters"

this cannot shroud the wonderful story-telling. There are supernatural episodes, and tales of murder, passion and betrayal, all interspersed with extemporaneous poetry, reminiscent of Icelandic sagas.

With Love
Eelco

ronin
3rd February 2014, 09:47
i,m sure that Carlos Castaneda mentioned that when we are born we have something of a egg like energy that surrounds us.
as the Flyers or Archons feed of people this field disintegrates.
also the Archons have also been here for millions of years and us humans are their food source.

any thoughts on psychic attack?

Eelco
3rd February 2014, 10:15
Several lol.

It depends on what you are attacked by and how you think/feel about the purpotraters.
A way of defense is daily visualizations of revitalizing your egg shaped energyfield.
Maybe let the outside become mirror like to reflect back anything that comes your way.

Myself I have utilized a giant roze sentinel with thorns. Taking the hits and keeping out the bad stuff.

That said there have also been times where I would invite the "bad" energy and transmute it in my heart system. Sort of siphoning of some of the black stuff and let the earth mother do the decompose thing.

One set of visuals is slightly fear based.. The defence bits.
The other is love based, but even though Love based is a bit harder and possibly more "dangerous"

With Love
Eelco

Eelco
3rd February 2014, 10:28
With that said though.
The bigger problem imho is the way interaction with todays society and people wil again and again shape your believe system. And via that route create gaps in ones discernment of knowing what is what.
distraction and the resulting confusion is way more dangerous that heads on psychic attack.

with love
Eelco

Calabash
3rd February 2014, 11:59
Quote Originally Posted by 1inmany View Post
I'm open to suggestions.

How about Acceptance?

PurpleLama
3rd February 2014, 12:20
Psychic attakt, although it exists, would generally require interacting with and somehow offending someone who is capable of producing such an attack, and this sort of circumstance is very, very rare. Most often, a person has indulged in some negative patterns of thought somewhere along the way, self destructive, even, and when one attempts to take on beliefs which oppose those previously held (ie studying new age material) then the thought forms which resulted from the previous pattern of thought will turn on the one who created them and operate as what appears to be an independent, outside force. Every thought one has is a fully independent structure, and pre-existed the experience of someone thinking it. When someone indulges in negative, repetitive thought then these gain more and more energy, and it is most effective to work introspectively to uncover the thoughts that served as the basis for the negative psychic experience, and to refute/dismantle them from the bottom-up, the inside-out.

I have a wide experience as a reiki practitioner, where a client does not adhere to any proper context in relation to self responsibility in regards to thought, and failing to do so the person would proceed to recreate the negative entity after I had removed and dismantled it, over and over and over again. It can wear on ones patience, when someone comes repeatedly for assistance, but will by no means assist themselves.

1inMany
3rd February 2014, 14:40
How do you suppose one could tell the difference, whether negative interference is internally or externally generated?

After thinking about it, I guess this is where it is important to know thyself.

modwiz
3rd February 2014, 15:41
How do you suppose one could tell the difference, whether negative interference is internally or externally generated?

Know thyself is best and has zero health consequences. Why do I mention health consequences? That would be because of tobacco and its archontic blocking properties. I do speak of using tobacco and not the HABIT of smoking. It can be a razors edge to negotiate and that is why health consequences must be considered when using a plant medicine like tobacco. I am speaking of tobacco and not tobacco product which is what is in most, if not all, pre-rolled cigarettes. There is plenty of tobacco product to be found in roll your own as well.

I had been plagued by 'incoming' of the most disturbing thoughts. I knew it was not my own but, it was relentless like a mosquito in the dark. Having stopped heavy smoking over 40 years ago, I was quite reluctant to experiment with a new, sacred type approach to tobacco. To get to the point, it worked.

One night, while sitting outside my tent doing my smoke ritual thing, I had an unsavory thought and wondered if the tobacco was losing its ability to deflect. My higher self quickly answered that the tobacco was working and the ugly thought was mine.

Brilliant! Not only would tobacco give me respite from incoming, it would make it clear that every thought, including the poop could be identified as being my own.

Addiction is the double edged sword here. Chronic bronchitis is a de facto reality with any more than 4-5 cigarettes a day. Roll your own is a way to stay connected to the ritual of it and keeping the activity around it 'special'. There is the secondary ritual of smoking with others. I like this as long as the conversation stays meaningful. Tobacco is too powerful a meditation to waste on babble. For me the conversation has to roughly equivocate the meaning I would find by sitting alone. Sitting is important to focus properly for me. A conscious, meaningful, relaxed session of plant medicine use.

I am glad I found tobacco but, I do not recommend it because it is a responsibility I will not take upon myself. I cannot advocate using something that may compromise lung capacity for life as a minimum effect.

Tobacco is a very powerful medicine. It is a power few can handle safely.

BabaRa
3rd February 2014, 17:20
In this life I have never been to the US or Mexico, and I can count on one hand the number of Native Americans I have met, so my perceptions are probably inaccurate, but I cannot think of them without brimming over with grave sadness.

I suspect you've had a previous life (or parallel life) as one.

it does seem, unfortunately, that the genocide of the Native Americans is all but complete.

Sadly, that seems true. Back in the 70's (or was it 60's - doesn't matter when), when the Native Americans began to re-ignite their lost culture/knowledge, the PTB found a new way to dissipate that surge. . Give them Indian Casinos. They're all over the US now and their focus is now (just like ours) on money; they argue among themselves as to which tribe should or shouldn't be involved, how much they each should get, etc. While this has helped to raise greatly their standards of living, I do think it changed their focus, as intended.

However, I think if you read The Return of the Bird Tribes, you might see it from a more positive perspective.

P.S. I love your new signature (perhaps not new, but I just noticed) - anyhow, love it.

1inMany
3rd February 2014, 17:27
How does that work? I intuit a difference between plant medicine and plants *as* medicine. But I do not know what that is. Plants, herbs, (not *the* herb, although probably that too) can and do have healing qualities. But the plant medicine you speak of is different somehow.

Eelco
3rd February 2014, 17:27
He modern wiz.

Would you elaborate a little on tobacco uses?

I' ve been smoking the roll your own since well a long time.

since switching to a pipe a few months back i do notice a change in my relationship with tobacco.

especially as a hand roled one can be roled and smoked in a quick ten minute nervous break at work. where the pipe take the better part of an hour in cleaning and stuffing and smoking it. which i only have time for once or twice a day. usually when walking the dog.

As i'll go without tobacco for 2 weeks near the end of febuari during my first meditation retreat i'd like to take that opportunity to reinvestigate my relationship to tobacco medicine.

With Love
Eelco

BabaRa
3rd February 2014, 17:32

My experience:

External negativity can only come if there is internal negativity.

This is the other reason why the PTB want to keep us in Fear.

Not just it gives them energy (food), but it gives them mind control of our thoughts, and consequently our actions.

Negativity is one of our greatest addictions. It takes will power to break the chain (just as with any other addiction). Once you do, you will see a great improvement in your life.

modwiz
3rd February 2014, 18:06
How does that work? I intuit a difference between plant medicine and plants *as* medicine. But I do not know what that is. Plants, herbs, (not *the* herb, although probably that too) can and do have healing qualities. But the plant medicine you speak of is different somehow.

The depth of this query makes a brief answer difficult. I also wish the answer to be worthy of the question. I'll will still endeavor towards brevity.:p

Plant medicine has an emphasis on sharing/giving qualities that are psycho-spiritual in nature. Healing in this domain is profound and long lasting or permanent. Plants as medicine, is a slightly different approach. I would phrase it as molecular moving upward, while the other one would be energetic moving downward. They meet and there is overlap and confluence. This confluence produces synergy.

Synergy=the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.

Tobacco is both because ingestion of nicotine, through the lungs. Fire is a part of this ritual, making it different from slapping on a nicotine patch, which has no plant medicine or fire energy.

1inMany
3rd February 2014, 18:48
I'm weary. I was shown this today. It's profound, for me. And so sad. I've never heard of this Malvina Reynolds person. Thing is, Em showed it to me. So while sad, the fact that she found it gives me hope. Just thought I'd share. For no particular reason.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUoXtddNPAM

Where's the youtube button? No matter, if the link works.

modwiz
3rd February 2014, 19:06
I'm weary. I was shown this today. It's profound, for me. And so sad. I've never heard of this Malvina Reynolds person. Thing is, Em showed it to me. So while sad, the fact that she found it gives me hope. Just thought I'd share. For no particular reason.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUoXtddNPAM

Where's the youtube button? No matter, if the link works.

I might have fixed it.

1inMany
3rd February 2014, 19:09
How did you do that?

PurpleLama
3rd February 2014, 19:14
There is a little filmstrip icon, between the picture frame and the quote box. You copy/paste the whole url.

modwiz
3rd February 2014, 19:14
How did you do that?

I copied the address from the you tube site and pasted it into the video url area that is revealed when you click on the video icon that is to the left of the quote icon and to the right of the picture icon. All located at the right hand side above where we type.

1inMany
3rd February 2014, 19:34
modwiz, what you said about health consequences has gotten me to thinking. How much influence, do you suppose, does consciousness have on the physical body? We could take any ole physical ailment as an example really. I've heard that all ailments have an energetic signature. I can believe that. I've heard there can be an energetic root cause to ailments. I can believe that, but I have trouble seeing that in all cases. What part would genetics play? What part does aging play? And then you bring up the physical ailments we bring on with behaviors.

Makes me wonder. I know, this probably shocks you.

:ha:

modwiz
3rd February 2014, 19:41
modwiz, what you said about health consequences has gotten me to thinking. How much influence, do you suppose, does consciousness have on the physical body?

I'll take your post in chunks.

Consciousness plays the largest role, IMO. I will not percentile it but, it is very high.

Now, if I bash my finger with a hammer or hammer my lungs with too much tobacco, the consciousness is reflected in the act.

Eelco
3rd February 2014, 19:49
One of the stories I tell myself for hammering my lungs with tobacco and my intetines with cafeine and cinnamon is a lack of the fire element.

Do you know of ways to apply fire without the hammering?

With Love
Eelco

PurpleLama
3rd February 2014, 20:40
Genetics can as easily be seen as the physical manifestation of the environment of consciousness one is born in to, hence heredity. I have heard it said, and I agree, that what one thinks is more important than what one eats, as to the impact such may have on health. The process of aging is likewise either sped or slowed according to the consciousness one might maintain.

modwiz
3rd February 2014, 20:50
One of the stories I tell myself for hammering my lungs with tobacco and my intetines with cafeine and cinnamon is a lack of the fire element.

Do you know of ways to apply fire without the hammering?

With Love
Eelco

Cinnamon is the only isolated fire element food there. I only have one planet in a fire sign and that is little Pluto, so I understand the dilemma.

Cayenne, black pepper are some spices that can help. Ayurveda can identify Pita foods that are good for fire.

Burning candles and sitting by fires, for the purpose of interacting with Fire is also very useful.

I ritual dress all candles. Gets it ready for service.

modwiz
3rd February 2014, 21:07
He modern wiz.

Would you elaborate a little on tobacco uses?

I' ve been smoking the roll your own since well a long time.

since switching to a pipe a few months back i do notice a change in my relationship with tobacco.

especially as a hand roled one can be roled and smoked in a quick ten minute nervous break at work. where the pipe take the better part of an hour in cleaning and stuffing and smoking it. which i only have time for once or twice a day. usually when walking the dog.

As i'll go without tobacco for 2 weeks near the end of febuari during my first meditation retreat i'd like to take that opportunity to reinvestigate my relationship to tobacco medicine.

With Love
Eelco

The 'nervous break' type of smoking is what we want to avoid. Smoking is (w)holy time. If the act is not centered and the need to smoke is focused on just getting nicotine to their receptors, we are the ones being smoked. The decision has been taken out of our hands, or rather, we abdicate control of the situation.

To observe this behavior in oneself, and perish the thought, have a judgment about it,:rolleyes: helps guide one to a healthy relationship with the plant and the drug it contains.

Healthy relationships, with Creation and each other obliterates a lot of dysfunction. Addict behavior is a dysfunctional relationship with a substance.

I will not imbibe alcohol anymore. I had a terrible relationship with it. I am comfortable around alcohol and drinkers. Not so much around a'holes.:p

That posed a problem for me as alcohol transformed me into one.:ha:

The pipe sounds like it is working for you.

modwiz
3rd February 2014, 21:14
OK. Two pictures coming up. One is a view from my smoking chair. The other is a 'selfie':fpalm: of me sitting in the chair. We had snow today and a light snow was falling as I took the pictures.

http://i1303.photobucket.com/albums/ag152/modwiz/smokingchair26_zps4aa592b9.jpg (http://s1303.photobucket.com/user/modwiz/media/smokingchair26_zps4aa592b9.jpg.html)

http://i1303.photobucket.com/albums/ag152/modwiz/modwizselfie26_zpsa778319a.jpg (http://s1303.photobucket.com/user/modwiz/media/modwizselfie26_zpsa778319a.jpg.html)

BabaRa
3rd February 2014, 21:19
Brrrr!. . . but I must say you look happy in spite of the weather. . . and you have the clothes for it.

Love your cape/blanket, especially the clasp.

Eelco
3rd February 2014, 21:24
oehhh you have those keep staring into and melt away eyes..
Very very pleased to see you without the Harry Potter Wanted Wizard props.

With Love
Eelco
Who will only smoke outdoors btw.

modwiz
3rd February 2014, 21:24
Brrrr!. . . but I must say you look happy in spite of the weather. . . and you have the clothes for it.

Love your cape/blanket, especially the clasp.

I have a good life, and happiness flows from recognizing that fact.

I am wearing a melton wool cloak. I sewed those clasps on myself. The originals were fragile and broke. The cloak is about 20 years old and is made locally. Individual seamstresses assemble them and they are local as well.

It is a thick wool and very warm and comes down to a little above my ankles. It is voluminous as well.

modwiz
3rd February 2014, 22:04
I've heard there can be an energetic root cause to ailments. I can believe that, but I have trouble seeing that in all cases. What part would genetics play? What part does aging play?

My take on genetics is my own, based on a synthesis of ideas I've come across (including scientific data)and experiences.

Although consciousness and body have a dynamic relationship, DNA is a collector/organizer for posterity, so to speak.

DNA encodes experience, genes express it. DNA is where the code for our 'operating system' is held. We are born with a genetic expression that is a default setting. Turning things on or off, in binary fashion, results in an operating system that behaves differently. Clippy, the assistant can be made to go away.:p Warnings can be turned on, off or modified.

Access is key. Some basic computer owners to not know what to open, what tab to click to even get to a selection. Desire and opening a line of communication by sending intents/desires to the DNA interface will then shift genetics accordingly. This is best a repeated effort. Sometimes, 'save' doesn't work, or it resets to default until the new energy overwrites it with being the dominant expression.
Epigenetics is all about this.

Aging has a lot to do with decades of bad habits. Underhydrations turns us into beef jerky over the years and our nerves really dislike living in a hard, dry environment and they send the unpleasant conditions back as aches and pains. Messengers of remedial action.

Similarly, a lifetime of acid diet with the acidic blood that goes with it slowly dissolves our cartilages. Especially the durable, but thin, hyaline cartilage that lines bones at joints.

There is as much beauty to aging as there is to youth and all the in between stuff. Our spirit is dependent on our body's condition for a smooth ride. To surrender to default genetics is a choice. Not everything is 'tweakable' but, more is than anyone is really considering.

Then, there is writing new code. Awakened people owe it to themselves to consciously instruct DNA to 'hard wire' their consciousness. Make it write a gene for it or activate one that is already there. It then has resonance, in flesh, for building upon. It is there for that purpose. You won't be imposing upon it.:p

Consciousness is behind what we do. What we do in the physical is all part of expression of consciousness in the seamless whole of our multi-dimensional being. This continuum of dimensions that we inhabit is very helpful to be mindful of. It keeps all the parts connected in real time. The Now.

1inMany
3rd February 2014, 23:04
Then, there is writing new code. Awakened people owe it to themselves to consciously instruct DNA to 'hard wire' their consciousness. Make it write a gene for it or activate one that is already there. It then has resonance, in flesh, for building upon. It is there for that purpose. You won't be imposing upon it.:p

First let me say, I find that you have an uncanny ability to address me as if you know me. Now, you are looking into my soul with that picture. Good grief.

Beautiful nature. Your view is beautiful. I can feel the crispness of the air, I remember that. The silence that only snow can produce.

And that last bit...how in the world would you consciously instruct DNA to hard wire consciousness? Make it write a gene?

I can't believe how many questions I have. I honestly thought I would sit quietly in the corner, and maybe be pleasant once in a while. Maybe. I'm having a little bit of a struggle with the fact that I'm so...vocal here lately. I wonder what that's all about. I honestly don't know.

Anyway, thank you for being so kind. And thank you for being so generous with your knowledge.

:smiley hug:

modwiz
3rd February 2014, 23:23
And that last bit...how in the world would you consciously instruct DNA to hard wire consciousness? Make it write a gene?

I can't believe how many questions I have. I honestly thought I would sit quietly in the corner, and maybe be pleasant once in a while. Maybe. I'm having a little bit of a struggle with the fact that I'm so...vocal here lately. I wonder what that's all about. I honestly don't know.

:smiley hug:

You use consciousness to instruct, give a command to, your DNA to encode view of the reality, the world or both. The same intention behind anything we want to see come into this reality. DNa is 'hungry, for instruction. It is often left to encode passively, based on repetion and intensity of a life experience, physical or otherwise. I am talking about active instruction. Holding patterns, consciously, can also do it. A reinforcement of the passive programming mode.

Please do not be quiet. You have a good sense of propriety. Your struggle to be quiet is evidence of that.

The silence that only snow can produce.
I'd rather have birds and crickets but, do not struggle with where I find myself in my now. All is well.

1inMany
3rd February 2014, 23:49
Oh yes, crickets and cicadas have a soothing song to be sure. I have always enjoyed complete silence, longed for it. When I was about 10 or 11, my mom moved us from Oklahoma to Ohio. Our new house had probably 5 acres as a backyard. First would be the stairs down the steep hill, then a bridge to cross the creek, the incline again up a path, and then heaven. There were pine trees everywhere, do you call a grouping of trees a grove? Anyway, the pine needles laid on the ground like a carpet begging for bare feet. Inches thick, and such a soothing aroma. I laid down on that and the trees cradled me for countless hours.

Beyond the pine trees was the orchard. Maybe an acre of apple trees. I got really tired of eating dried apple chips, ha. But past both of those very distinct areas, was the wild.

I smile now, wondering how small this area is actually. But at the time, I remember being afraid of getting lost in it. Streams and hills and trees and wandering paths.

Ahhhh. When it snowed, there was a peace I rarely encounter. Thank you for the gift of that memory right now.

1inMany
4th February 2014, 00:29
As I'm thinking about it, I find this odd. I have a very similar peace and quiet now. Outside, it is cold enough to snow. There are no animal or insect noises, no traffic. I wonder what it is that I long for, when I have the silence I thought was the focus of that?

I do know I long to go to a remote mountain somewhere and hibernate. In a cave.

Maybe it is the interruptions of daily life that disturb me. Maybe it's the chatter. Maybe if I actually could meditate three times a day, which at first I thought was a bit much, I would find that the peace would stay with me.

For someone who wants to hide, I sure am exposing myself here. Cripey. :fpalm:

modwiz
4th February 2014, 02:30
This thread has moved along at a pace that has been a labor of love to maintain. It is the intention of Rhosgobel to address any inquiries. Purple Lama will sometimes, or even often, answer in my stead. This is an arrangement that works well for me. I rarely have more to add after he has answered something.

ronin
4th February 2014, 06:04
Good morning folks.
This thread is excellent as it touches upon so many topics.
Also within other threads certain personal questions have been answered ,that have puzzled me for a few month.
Talk about synchronicity the other day Modwiz mentioned us being containers for something.
Personally i would have said that we have a divine spark within us that other entities want and if they cannot have it then they want to control us from stopping us reaching our true self.

Then yesterday i started a book by Anthony Peak who researched the obe.
Straight away he mentions us being containers and that we are conciseness awareness.

I was wondering if any of you have any thoughts on my experience in meditation.
Often when i meditate i see many different colours,very bright and vivid.
Recently i have been seeing a very bright white light.
So bright in fact that even though the eyes are closed,it still makes you want to blink and veer away from it.
Also for a few years i have been getting a pulling at the centre of the forehead sensation.
This can some times expand to both temples.
Or on some occasions just the right temple as though someone is gently pressing their finger in that area.
Also there is a vibration sometimes in the feet(or just above) and/or around the groin area.followed by a tickling(hairs standing up and such)
I,m just wondering if i am practicing the meditation the correct way or is there blockages!
I am self taught and have had no instruction and feel that things are moving along more rapidly now after 27 years.
This could lead into obe,s,lucid dreaming telepathy(well once)but no denying it on a uncoincesness level.
Don,t you just love it when you learn something or experience something that your unsure about and then read or learn about it after the event.
Thanks.

ps.just wondering if on this thread you can post your experiences and everyone will try to help you or even better know what has happened.

Eelco
4th February 2014, 06:12
Hi Ronin,

I have found that most of what you ere describing can be found in thereavadan samathe practises.
At work now so cannot write much about it. Samatha or concentration meditative practise describe 8 so called Jhanas. which start with seeing a nimita or white bright spot.
the vibratory sensation are probably what is described as Piti.

there is info on the net to be found.
With Love
Eelco

there's a free book by Pa Auk Sayadaw. forgot the title for now. Pa Auk is considere the authorety on Jhana meditation practises. after years of Samatha going out of style.

Sooz
4th February 2014, 06:14
This thread has moved along at a pace that has been a labor of love to maintain. It is the intention of Rhosgobel to address any inquiries. Purple Lama will sometimes, or even often, answer in my stead. This is an arrangement that works well for me. I rarely have more to add after he has answered something.

I'm glad you are enjoying it Mr Wiz. This thread is moving along like a freight train. Good to see.

I've also noticed you have been up at all hours in your labour of love.

And of course Mr Purp is an added, potent, side kick.

Me? I prefer to sit in the corner, watch listen and learn.

Carry on....:ninja:

Love Sooz

PS: As I am sure many others are, i.e., the number of guests.

ronin
4th February 2014, 06:42
Sooz that symbol in the center of your avatar,the one that looks like a 3.
what does it represent?
as i saw it on a book that a man held in a dream.
he was a ancient being,long white hair and grey beard flowing down.
some sort of gatekeeper?
as i approached i noticed this book he was holding and it had that or a similar inscription.
but as i approached he told me i was not allowed to enter and sent me on my way.

any notions?

Sooz
4th February 2014, 06:47
If I'm not mistaken, that is the symbol for 'om'...

ronin
4th February 2014, 06:51
so creation sent me on my way?
oh well if i ever see that gatekeeper again i,ll just have to dodge passed him :D

Sooz
4th February 2014, 06:58
oh well if i ever see that gatekeeper again i,ll just have to dodge passed him :D

If it was me, I'd tell him to p.i.s.s. off and go on my merry way, lol...:hilarious:

modwiz
4th February 2014, 07:08
I'm glad you are enjoying it Mr Wiz. This thread is moving along like a freight train. Good to see.

I've also noticed you have been up at all hours in your labour of love.

And of course Mr Purp is an added, potent, side kick.

Me? I prefer to sit in the corner, watch listen and learn.

Carry on....:ninja:

Love Sooz

PS: As I am sure many others are, i.e., the number of guests.

Yes, Sooz, been keeping longer hours hear at Rhosgobel. An international membership makes for interesting hours.

PL is no side kick and is why this thread has continuity when I need to rest.

Number of guests are up?

modwiz
4th February 2014, 07:15
ps.just wondering if on this thread you can post your experiences and everyone will try to help you or even better know what has happened.

Posting experiences can be helpful for people. It is good to be mindful that responses from others, to others experiences, sometimes is less than we might expect. Non-attachment to responses and outcome is advised.

Puckering or tingling feeling at the center of the forehead or between the eyebrows can indicate 'third eye' movement or activation. Not sure about the moving to the temples part. Experiences are not universal at the detail level.

I do meditation in my own created fashion as well. It works very well for me.

modwiz
4th February 2014, 07:17
If I'm not mistaken, that is the symbol for 'om'...

It is the two Sanskrit letters 'O' and 'M'. It forms a very nice symbol.

modwiz
4th February 2014, 07:23
Quote Originally Posted by 1inmany View Post

How about Acceptance?

Wonderful term.

I realize that the three Greek words do a sufficient job. For some reason when I wrote the three it seemed as if one more would fit. Stepping away from it a bit leads me to conclude all is well with the three.

BTW. I do remember you being one of the primary prodders for me to write something.

Something on loosh will show up at some point.

Sooz
4th February 2014, 07:47

Eros=romantic love

There are a few more:

Pragma - pragmatic love
Mania - Eros/Lust, but with the nasty jealousy bit
Ludos - playful as in early love/flirting
Storge
Banquet (orgies? no I don't think so)

Even a couple more here Philia and Philautia, no mention of storge* - I do remember that from somewhere.

http://itsallgreekmythologytome.blogspot.com.au/2014/01/the-ancient-greeks-6-types-of-love.html

Perhaps the experience of all types of Love lead us to wholeness toward the end of our lives.

*Ah, yes, storge* Love between a parent and child.

PurpleLama
4th February 2014, 12:38
(Answers are inserted into text below, in doing such on my mobile device, it is difficult to see all that needs to be addressed)

Good morning folks.
This thread is excellent as it touches upon so many topics.
Also within other threads certain personal questions have been answered ,that have puzzled me for a few month.
Talk about synchronicity the other day Modwiz mentioned us being containers for something.
Personally i would have said that we have a divine spark within us that other entities want and if they cannot have it then they want to control us from stopping us reaching our true self. (I would suggest that outside entities would control, only in order to have us produce more fearful energy, for this is what such would consume. At the same time, one might use the analogy of the natural ecosystem, for instance a pond; some critters are bottom feeders, consuming the plant and animal waste material, while others may feed on healthy plant material, and that which feeds on the healthy plant is not actually causing harm, but is promoting the growth and flourishing of the plant it feeds upon. In other words, that which would be interested in consuming the energy actually released from the innate divinity that a person contains is by no means causing harm, rather it is helping you to grow.)

Then yesterday i started a book by Anthony Peak who researched the obe.
Straight away he mentions us being containers and that we are conciseness awareness. (The body is the container, we are what is contained. Although, just as the colors of the rainbow blend one into another, so to do the various levels of our being blend. While we might observe a stark division between our mental and emotional bodies, one would be hard pressed to discover where the physical is separated from the emotional body for they blend together where they meet, and likewise the emotional body blends into the mental body at its other end, so to speak, and one can look into the area of mind from which the intuition and instinct arises and see the blending. It all is a transition from one to another in a gradual manner.)

I was wondering if any of you have any thoughts on my experience in meditation.
Often when i meditate i see many different colours,very bright and vivid. (These colors may eventually focus into full blown visions, it is important here to make the point that the desirable stance is one of observation, and not of reaction)
Recently i have been seeing a very bright white light. (This is common to my experience, as well. Such lights are encoded with information, and are signposts leading the way. It is the thought/experience immediately prior to the flash that is often the subject of the sign, as these things are actually moving backward through what we perceive as time)
So bright in fact that even though the eyes are closed,it still makes you want to blink and veer away from it. (I bet they will leave an after image too, like you saw a physical light, such as a bulb, a candle, or the sun)
Also for a few years i have been getting a pulling at the centre of the forehead sensation.
This can some times expand to both temples. (Mod is correct, that the sensation can be correlated to an opening of the third eye, but likewise such sensations can be transferred over any portion of the head, in my experience, and also such may be similar to the above in that it might be an influence from a higher, subtler source. I would suggest "following the sensation", you will find that when you feel such sensations, if you concentrate upon them they will increase in intensity. It is well to concentrate upon them until the sensation becomes overwheming, but I must insist that if you do so, you should get outside after the meditation and go rub your butt in the dirt.)
Or on some occasions just the right temple as though someone is gently pressing their finger in that area.
Also there is a vibration sometimes in the feet(or just above) and/or around the groin area.followed by a tickling(hairs standing up and such)
I,m just wondering if i am practicing the meditation the correct way or is there blockages! (of course there are blockages, this is the natural condition, and before you suspect some nefarious, outside force being responsible for this, I am certain we enter this condition on purpose, sort of like a child proof lighter will keep one who is too younge from playing irresponsibly with fire, so to does the body come with certain safeguards. Also, what may be beyond that observation/definition would be the fact that as we learn, we make mistakes, as we live, we cause imbalances through imbalanced behavior, and some blockages may occur, and it is a lesson in the creation of these, and in the opening of these when one becomes ready to do so.)
I am self taught and have had no instruction and feel that things are moving along more rapidly now after 27 years.
This could lead into obe,s,lucid dreaming telepathy(well once)but no denying it on a uncoincesness level. (yes)
Don,t you just love it when you learn something or experience something that your unsure about and then read or learn about it after the event.
Thanks.

I hope these added perspectives will help you. And, while I have you on the line, thank you for this calmer interaction.

Calabash
4th February 2014, 12:43
BTW. I do remember you being one of the primary prodders for me to write something.

Something on loosh will show up at some point.

Thank you - I can wait until it crops up . . . there is much of interest on this thread. :)

I've been thinking about it in the meantime though . . . :). You suggested earlier, in another thread, that perhaps the reptilians thought of us in the same way as we think about our animals, which at least gives us some chance as there are a lot of people who love animals aren't there? However, what if they think of us as something "less than", like germs for instance? (I suppose we could consider antibiotics as being our loosh - I've never given those lil bacteria any individual thought whatsoever, have you? If they were to start kicking up and telling us they have feelings/consciousness, how would they go about it and what could we do?)

On a related matter, I cut the top off a lemon and squeezed out some of the juice but there was no room in the fridge at work and so I put the top back on and secured it with an elastic band. I put it in the back of my cupboard and the office is fairly warm. I took it out the next day - exactly 24 hours later - and when I took the band off I found that half of it (pith and pulp) had knitted together. How shocking! Was it really still alive? :(

PurpleLama
4th February 2014, 12:46

OM is so, so much more than just the sound of creation. One might spend lifetimes learning about all that OM is, and still not exhaust all the possibilities. I know that there are myriad texts devoted to the topic of OM, from the extremely ancient to the modern, and I doubt that such will ever complete the study of what it really is and all that it entails. For me, it is a soothing and healing sound first, and it is a vast power second.

PurpleLama
4th February 2014, 13:06
Sooz that symbol in the center of your avatar,the one that looks like a 3.
what does it represent?
as i saw it on a book that a man held in a dream.
he was a ancient being,long white hair and grey beard flowing down.
some sort of gatekeeper?
as i approached i noticed this book he was holding and it had that or a similar inscription.
but as i approached he told me i was not allowed to enter and sent me on my way.

any notions?

take this with a grain of salt, or take it to the bank, as you will....

This was an image of your own higher self, and further tests must be passed before access to Universe's wisdom and power will be permitted.

The higher self helps us along, but it also keeps us from getting ahead of ourselves. The best advice, from the dream, is to stop trying to practice advanced spiritual material, and get back to the basics of human interaction. Seek the love of each moment, another way of saying, seek righteousness in all things. It is when we set out to advance ourselves that Universe provides the tests, being aware of this, we may pass or fail but either way we learn. It is by giving all we have to give, giving until it hurts and then giving yet more that Universe will repond by giving us more than we ever could have gotten by our own efforts.

It is good advice to abandon the teachings of the FoL, until a later time when you are much further along the path of inner devellopment. I say this, not to chastise or discourage you, but from the knowedge of what that system does, which is to put the loaded gun into the hands of a toddler. Please take my word for it, that the system is best left alone until other work is done.

Do not take my analogies as any personal reflection upon you, such is not my intent, I am not saying you are a toddler, just a tottler, haha. I hope this reading helps.

PurpleLama
4th February 2014, 14:30

Well met, my friend.

Calz
4th February 2014, 17:17

Clearly you and Purple have taken this forum to another level.

I am sure some here see and appreciate that ... but perhaps not as many as should.

Greatest thanks and kudos to you both my wizardly friends ...

(close as I could come to having two wizards in the same image ... odd isn't it???)

http://www.geektress.com/images/dueling-wizards.jpg

1inMany
4th February 2014, 17:39
And you are certain, PL, that there is love in every moment?

Eelco
4th February 2014, 17:42

Is there always love within you?
Or are there moments where you can say i am truly without any love at this moment.

With LOVE
Eelco

1inMany
4th February 2014, 17:45
Or are there moments where you can say i am truly without any love at this moment.

With LOVE
Eelco

Maybe. Uncertain.

modwiz
4th February 2014, 17:48
Here is a picture of the Blue Wizards, Ithryn Lhun(S), Istari Luin,(Q).

http://i1303.photobucket.com/albums/ag152/modwiz/TN-The_Blue_Wizards_Journeying_East_zps24200e94.jpg (http://s1303.photobucket.com/user/modwiz/media/TN-The_Blue_Wizards_Journeying_East_zps24200e94.jpg.h tml)

modwiz
4th February 2014, 17:51

With LOVE
Eelco

I have my being in Agape.

The English word 'love' is too broad, hence not concise enough for communication on the mental plane, IMO.

Calz
4th February 2014, 17:55
Maybe. Uncertain.

Hrmmmppphh.

Never a moment of doubt about love for 1 or Purple or (start a list I must??? forget someone I might and have them smurfed off at me???)

https://is0.4sqi.net/userpix/YOTECZUJRLZXAE0Y.jpg

Calz
4th February 2014, 17:58
Here is a picture of the Blue Wizards, Ithryn Lhun(S), Istari Luin,(Q).

http://i1303.photobucket.com/albums/ag152/modwiz/TN-The_Blue_Wizards_Journeying_East_zps24200e94.jpg (http://s1303.photobucket.com/user/modwiz/media/TN-The_Blue_Wizards_Journeying_East_zps24200e94.jpg.h tml)

Much better ... don't be asking me for image help again eh bro???

You have been "empowered" ....

Slam dunk :)

PurpleLama
4th February 2014, 18:00

Seeing the lack of love is still love....

1inMany
4th February 2014, 18:02
Seeing the lack of love is still love....

How so?

PurpleLama
4th February 2014, 18:07
How so?

Without it, one might not see the lack of it. Having it, and seeing the lack of it, what do you do? Give it. Seeing the love in every moment may not be seeing it everywhere, so much as putting it where it is needed.

1inMany
4th February 2014, 18:45
You're good, PL. I see.

So, I played around a little with my voice this morning. Not the kind of playing you do, haha. But...I sense a certain vibration I have not noticed before. Sometimes this stuff startles me.

After burning a candle and having a heartfelt conversation with all my Friends and Higher Ups and angels and whatnot, and in the middle of the lbrp, a sphere sort of appeared. Not the right word. It formed around me. So I figured it was a good spot, standing in the middle of purple flames and a new sphere, to see what my sounds feel like.

Yeah, I felt silly. It startled me what it felt like. It will take some getting used to. Should I try again I mean.

modwiz
4th February 2014, 18:50
You're good, PL. I see.

So, I played around a little with my voice this morning. Not the kind of playing you do, haha. But...I sense a certain vibration I have not noticed before. Sometimes this stuff startles me.

After burning a candle and having a heartfelt conversation with all my Friends and Higher Ups and angels and whatnot, and in the middle of the lbrp, a sphere sort of appeared. Not the right word. It formed around me. So I figured it was a good spot, standing in the middle of purple flames and a new sphere, to see what my sounds feel like.

Yeah, I felt silly. It startled me what it felt like. It will take some getting used to. Should I try again I mean.

Got something better to do?

1inMany
4th February 2014, 18:58
That made me laugh!

Well...actually........no. Not really. Motivation is a problem lately. I know there are some things I wish I felt drawn to do. No judgement, no should/should not. No berating or putting myself down. I simply do not understand this lack of motivation. Wait. Maybe I do, actually. Things are a little heavy. That's all.

Got something better to do?

Melidae
4th February 2014, 19:22
Your most wonderful and inviting tent is the first thing I noticed on my return...thank you, modwiz, my friend.

The timing is just perfect, as I have a need to share an experience with such as those gathered here.

I have previously shared a little bit about my mom's journey through physical and mental decline...assuming her confusion, disorientation, hallucinations, etc. were symptoms of dementia. I now question these things after an experience which I described to my brother in an email...as follows:

*warning* - I may ramble...it's been a long night.

Mom fell asleep for about 15 minutes at 10pm when she was startled awake, totally unaware of where she was...got up out of her chair and started walking to the fireplace end of the living room, really wobbly. Where are you going Mom?...I want my shoes...your shoes?...yes, I need to find myself; I have to get back to my body; I don't know where I'm at; I don't understand...what's wrong mom...The picture in my mind is gone and I'm looking for myself...I can't find my mind; if I found it, I'd see the picture...it's around here somewhere...I just need to find it. On and on it went...

omg, she was so agitated and upset and totally disoriented. It took a couple of hours to settle her down enough for her to doze again. I thought when she woke up she'd be better...thinking it may have been just a bad dream...but no...she was still very confused, not knowing where she was, trying to find her shoes or heading to the front door...all night long...desperate to see the 'picture' that would let her know she had found herself/mind.

*snip*

So much for my theories on hallucinations and delusions...this was something different...don't know what, but wow...freaky.

I wonder if this is what happened Saturday when she took that really bad fall...

Now home and able to examine the many thoughts and images running through my mind consciously as well as in meditation, it occurs to me that perhaps this 'something different', this 'picture' (that let her know she was back to herself) could be her image of herself...her ego image...and that it was shattering (an image I had of her in a stained-glass window shattering in slow motion)...as though her pineal had been calcified and the calcification was cracking and shattering (an image I had of a pine cone encased in cement cracking open)...she was being/seeing differently and was desperate to get back to what she knew... her 'normal' self. Perhaps this has been a long process...a slow 'cracking' over time to finally 'shattering'... that she cannot control...appearing to be a gradual mental deterioration that one would assume to be dementia in the elderly. Her only other sibling that had been diagnosed with dementia had been found fallen on the floor (in her nightgown, but with her shoes on) in the entryway of her home...the front door just beyond her reach...as though she was heading outside in the middle of the night...searching for 'herself' as well?

I've heard of such things happening to some people when they “trip”...the shattering of their image of themselves to reveal the truth within. Could that kind of thing happen spontaneously? Could the dramatic increase in dementia possibly be due to sudden, unbidden, unexpected spiritual awakening of a sort in some of the elderly causing disorientation and confusion...alzheimers occurring if they cannot deal with it?

I apologize for my inability to be clear. Does this make sense to anyone?

Thoughts?

modwiz
4th February 2014, 19:32
Your most wonderful and inviting tent is the first thing I noticed on my return...thank you, modwiz, my friend.

The timing is just perfect, as I have a need to share an experience with such as those gathered here.

I have previously shared a little bit about my mom's journey through physical and mental decline...assuming her confusion, disorientation, hallucinations, etc. were symptoms of dementia. I now question these things after an experience which I described to my brother in an email...as follows:

Now home and able to examine the many thoughts and images running through my mind consciously as well as in meditation, it occurs to me that perhaps this 'something different', this 'picture' (that let her know she was back to herself) could be her image of herself...her ego image...and that it was shattering (an image I had of her in a stained-glass window shattering in slow motion)...as though her pineal had been calcified and the calcification was cracking and shattering (an image I had of a pine cone encased in cement cracking open)...she was being/seeing differently and was desperate to get back to what she knew... her 'normal' self. Perhaps this has been a long process...a slow 'cracking' over time to finally 'shattering'... that she cannot control...appearing to be a gradual mental deterioration that one would assume to be dementia in the elderly. Her only other sibling that had been diagnosed with dementia had been found fallen on the floor (in her nightgown, but with her shoes on) in the entryway of her home...the front door just beyond her reach...as though she was heading outside in the middle of the night...searching for 'herself' as well?

I've heard of such things happening to some people when they “trip”...the shattering of their image of themselves to reveal the truth within. Could that kind of thing happen spontaneously? Could the dramatic increase in dementia possibly be due to sudden, unbidden, unexpected spiritual awakening of a sort in some of the elderly causing disorientation and confusion...alzheimers occurring if they cannot deal with it?

I apologize for my inability to be clear. Does this make sense to anyone?

Thoughts?

Not sure what you seek to understand. Any causes for the condition are committed and done.

I lived with a mother-in-law who was drastically "in the other camp". She lived in her own reality which naturally bled into the consensus one. I once had her give me a key, she put it in my hand and asked me to keep it safe. I agreed to do so after taking it. There was no physical key passed between us, her hand was materially empty.

I knew that this interaction was real for her so I made it real for me. She was on her path to liberation and I just sought to make her as comfortable as possible.

Welcome back.

Melidae
4th February 2014, 19:45
Not sure what you seek to understand. Any causes for the condition are committed and done.

My mind agrees with you...my heart seeks another answer.

modwiz
4th February 2014, 19:50
My mind agrees with you...my heart seeks another answer.

Are you sure it is your heart? Emotions and heart get conflated.

However, I am sure an answer will come your way at some point.

modwiz
4th February 2014, 20:38
Looks to be quiet here. Maybe I'll make a copy of a song recorded with a band about 34 years ago. It is on an old cassette and needs to be digitized. It is called "Overnight Success". It has a nice groove.

For now, it is time to step outside and sit in the smoking chair and do what I do there.

Melidae
4th February 2014, 20:40
No, not emotions...if not the heart, then definitely something else.

I remember my earliest searches for the truth of myself...and the shock as the image I held of who I was and the excuses I made for my beliefs was revealed to me to be distorted. Shining a light, unexamined ideas I held of myself and the world around me, shook my "world"... ego had definitely been in control...and so began my journey. I was consciously seeking, asking, digging deep and trudging around inside, working to clean up the mess...to find answers...to grow...seeking balance...

I question the many times of clarity she has and the ability to hold an intelligent conversation about current events and abstract ideas....and the times she is "shocked" at seeing herself differently than the ideas she holds of who she is and sounds incoherent and disoriented.

I consciously searched...she has not...and yet her initial reaction is very much the same as I had...shock. The image I held of myself shattered and I rejoiced...the image she holds of herself shattered and she is desperately trying to get it back.

Perhaps I am seeing connections where there are none...attempting to rationalize something that must be accepted "as is".

Time to let it go. If there is an answer, it will be revealed.

I am grateful for a place I can feel comfortable while making a fool of myself. :p

modwiz
4th February 2014, 20:44
No, not emotions...if not the heart, then definitely something else.

I remember my earliest searches for the truth of myself...and the shock as the image I held of who I was and the excuses I made for my beliefs was revealed to me to be distorted. Shining a light, unexamined ideas I held of myself and the world around me, shook my "world"... ego had definitely been in control...and so began my journey. I was consciously seeking, asking, digging deep and trudging around inside, working to clean up the mess...to find answers...to grow...seeking balance...

I question the many times of clarity she has and the ability to hold an intelligent conversation about current events and abstract ideas....and the times she is "shocked" at seeing herself differently than the ideas she holds of who she is and sounds incoherent and disoriented.

I consciously searched...she has not...and yet her initial reaction is very much the same as I had...shock. The image I held of myself shattered and I rejoiced...the image she holds of herself shattered and she is desperately trying to get it back.

Perhaps I am seeing connections where there are none...attempting to rationalize something that must be accepted "as is".

Time to let it go. If there is an answer, it will be revealed.

I am grateful for a place I can feel comfortable while making a fool of myself. :p

The Fool is my favorite Tarot card and I identify with it more than the Magician.

The Fool card is a tricksy one because of our programming.

modwiz
4th February 2014, 21:01
So, the Moon is still in Aries. Good time for a brawl. LOL

Anyway. Some animal augury. As I stepped out my back door for a smoke, three deer bolted showing me only their tails.

Deer=Gentleness and their tails showing me to turn my back on contention as a way to make use of "gentle medicine".

Kiss my butt, is not as gentle as simply turning away.

modwiz
4th February 2014, 21:41
Found this video former TOT member Dianna (Please come back) posted at PA. Called Death of the New Age, her primary rant is about the dissapative qualities of jargon. She clearly means general language jargon. Jargon of the trades is an important linguistic tool and bonder.

I am also very unhappy with general language jargon and cliches as tired, rote ways of communication. I have commented on this in a few places.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaYYZOU2nbs

modwiz
4th February 2014, 22:10
For the amusement of all.
Tights.

http://i1303.photobucket.com/albums/ag152/modwiz/RadlakeFF_zpsb0550310.jpg (http://s1303.photobucket.com/user/modwiz/media/RadlakeFF_zpsb0550310.jpg.html)

PurpleLama
4th February 2014, 22:16
*whistles and catcalls*

Fred Steeves
4th February 2014, 22:19
For the amusement of all.
Tights.

http://i1303.photobucket.com/albums/ag152/modwiz/RadlakeFF_zpsb0550310.jpg (http://s1303.photobucket.com/user/modwiz/media/RadlakeFF_zpsb0550310.jpg.html)

Hey, I remember that one. Nice legs there big guy...:wiz:

Calabash
4th February 2014, 22:19
Found this video former TOT member Dianna (Please come back) posted at PA. Called Death of the New Age, her primary rant is about the dissapative qualities of jargon. She clearly means general language jargon. Jargon of the trades is an important linguistic tool and bonder.

I am also very unhappy with general language jargon and cliches as tired, rote ways of communication. I have commented on this in a few places.

Ditto from me re Dianna - a great asset to TOT. . . oh and - er great legs Modwiz :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRa4v8R7DD4

PurpleLama
5th February 2014, 00:18
the sentiment was passed along to dianna....

dianna
5th February 2014, 01:46

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaYYZOU2nbs

I posted this because I am reading "Enter Through the Image" about the idea of coming to one with divinity through the idea of "iconologic" so I am not sure I agree about her idea on language and jargon --- in fact, language does not bring us closer to unity or divinity, it is something that has come in the way of us knowing divinity in our daily lives because we have lost the ability to communicate through our myths and symbols, as we have literalized them (similar to the way that the idea of Jesus comes between christians and a real experience of god in the gnostic sense) … Jeez, I hope that just made sense LOL

Quote from the book (from a speech from H Zimmer)

"We Cannot Borrow God" (I've been captured by this statement for a few days now …)

From an H Zimmer speech

Through all of these [symbols] a transcendent reality is mirrored. They are so many metaphors reflecting and implying something which, through thus variously expressed, is ineffable, though thus rendered multiform, remains inscrutable. Symbols hold the mind to truth but are not themselves the truth, hence it is delusory to borrow them. Each civilization, every age, must bring forth its own … We cannot borrow God. We must affect his new incarnation from within ourselves.
Connect this with the idea, also, that the "other" is trying to borrow God from "us" by filling our symbols for us, when we should be filling them for ourselves

Connect this with the idea, also, that the "other" is trying to borrow God from "us" by filling our symbols for us, when we should be filling them for ourselves

Care to comment? (and don't be afraid to tell me I got it all wrong if you believe this to be the case)
http://symbolreader.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/enter-through-image-l-caruana-paperback-cover-art.jpg

In 1945, on a hill overlooking the Nile, a sacred text was accidentally unearthed after having been buried for seventeen hundred years. Within its aged pages, there appeared the cryptic inscription '...enter through the image.'

Taking this as his starting point, the noted Visionary artist L. Caruana guides his reader through a labyrinth of imagery, exposing the forgotten image-language at the root of all dreaming, art and mythmaking….

Drawing examples from a diversity of ancient cultures (Buddhism, Alchemy, Gnosticism) and from contemporary Visionary art (Dali, Fuchs, Johfra), many beautiful and intriguing symbols are illuminated with crystal clarity. Retracing the steps of 20th century mythmakers (Hesse, Kazantzakis) and scholars (Jung, Campbell, Eliade), Caruana opens our eyes to the ancient mythic patterns underlying our lives. As many fascinating dreams are offered and decyphered (Baudelaire, Descartes), a new key is given to us for the elucidation of dreams.

By the end of this richly-illustrated study, we come to see how our own daily experiences are, in fact, heroic adventures culminating in rare moments of epiphany. We discover that our own lives are nothing less than "...a gradual unfolding of the Sacred."

modwiz
5th February 2014, 01:52
Hello Dianna,

I liked the young lady's rudimentary understanding of how little gets said when we use language poorly. As I mentioned in my post, the term 'jargon', as she used it, was very narrow but, valid, IMO.

I am glad you mentioned the liabilities in her little rant.

Thank you for joining in the conversation.

dianna
5th February 2014, 02:01
Hello Dianna,

I liked the young lady's rudimentary understanding of how little gets said when we use language poorly. As I mentioned in my post, the term 'jargon', as she used it, was very narrow but, valid, IMO.

I am glad you mentioned the liabilities in her little rant.

Thank you for joining in the conversation.

Yes, that part of her talk ?!? I could agree with, and I absolutely loved her energy … and I am glad to converse with you anytime

Eelco
5th February 2014, 03:47
Hmmm.

One of the first insights I remember getting after learning insight was a thing. Was that we as humans are supposed to give a name to what we see or experience.
The power of name-giving or name-calling if you will is somehow really really important on this earth. At least it is to me.

That said though. I do not believe it is the use of jargon that stops conscioussness to develop.
As with most things in life it is the intent behind the use of sounds that convey meaning. When we start producing sounds without intending to comunicate our use of language get that stale/dead feeling.

I have english as a seccond language. Read and write it all the time, but only know its sound from a few trips to england and movies.
Even though I misspel a lot of words, probbably butcher grammar at times and even can see in responces I did a poor job of communicating what i was trying to convey.

I also have found that the jist of it / my intention behind my message usualy came across pretty intact.

With Love
Eelco
who things word are as powerfull a symbol as an image sometimes..
Its all in the deconstruction to its meaning by our brains/self.

modwiz
5th February 2014, 04:42
Hmmm.

One of the first insights I remember getting after learning insight was a thing. Was that we as humans are supposed to give a name to what we see or experience.
The power of name-giving or name-calling if you will is somehow really really important on this earth. At least it is to me.

That said though. I do not believe it is the use of jargon that stops conscioussness to develop.
As with most things in life it is the intent behind the use of sounds that convey meaning. When we start producing sounds without intending to comunicate our use of language get that stale/dead feeling.

I have english as a seccond language. Read and write it all the time, but only know its sound from a few trips to england and movies.
Even though I misspel a lot of words, probbably butcher grammar at times and even can see in responces I did a poor job of communicating what i was trying to convey.

I also have found that the jist of it / my intention behind my message usualy came across pretty intact.

With Love
Eelco
who things word are as powerfull a symbol as an image sometimes..
Its all in the deconstruction to its meaning by our brains/self.

I thought the lady babbled a bit. I don't even think she used the term jargon correctly and was really referring to cliche and slang.

I mean your post was over the top and just awesome. It like , blew me away. Knock me over with a feather like stuff, ya know. Like, can you dig where I'm coming from,dude?

I do think she was aware that communication needs to clear up. Whether we are trying to pass along more mental body information or emotional body feelings, concise language and proper choice of words can facilitate this. Not only to the listener but, the speaker as well. To better elucidate to the speaker exactly what is is they wish to say.

Coming from the heart is vastly assisted by making the effort to say what needs to be said in terms as unambiguous as possible.

Thank you for posting here, Eelco.

Eelco
5th February 2014, 04:51
I mean your post was over the top and just awesome. It like , blew me away. Knock me over with a feather like stuff, ya know. Like, can you dig where I'm coming from,dude?

Tot-ally. Yeah when I wrote it though I felt really groovey and was tot-ally into it you know.
Like waves of gratitude rushing through me to be able to spend time here.
Like awesome ya know?
I dig you man. like tot-ally

With Love
Eelco

KosmicKat
5th February 2014, 12:09
(close as I could come to having two wizards in the same image ... odd isn't it???)

http://www.geektress.com/images/dueling-wizards.jpg

IMO, some of the most powerful wizards in the modern world are musicians

Highland1
5th February 2014, 12:24
IMO, some of the most powerful wizards in the modern world are musicians

You may well have a point........!

Me masked........

Moi again unmasked! Lol!

Almost enough wizards in here to form a band.....:hilarious:

Russ

PurpleLama
5th February 2014, 12:33
It is getting chilly again in the deep south, I will be glad for warmer days. I am glad to see the message was received across forum lines. I look forward to getting to know you here, dianna.

I am pleased to report that although the freeze last week has stilled the growth of the mustard, they have at least survived. Next year will be home made hoop houses that will hopefully preserve more of the winter gardens. If bluefire can keep greens going up on her mountain, no doubt I can do it here. A lesson, it is.

Somebody bumped the bad birdwatcher has left the planet thread at pa last night. I am considering posting the synchronicity that moonlight brought to us the other evening.

So, I hear another wizard was accosted with questions, last night. I was very pleased to hear. Just, whatever you do, do not let her start texting you, haha. It is good, sharing the feeling that one is normal in their weird.

1inMany
5th February 2014, 13:34
So, I hear another wizard was accosted with questions, last night. I was very pleased to hear. Just, whatever you do, do not let her start texting you, haha. It is good, sharing the feeling that one is normal in their weird.

Hmmph. I so dislike the word accost. I much prefer the word appropinquate.

And furthermore, I would blow raspberries at you but the energy in the tent is messing with my ability to cleverly convey a sisterly poke. Wizards and their energy. Hmmph.

PurpleLama
5th February 2014, 15:04
Accost can mean challenging with questions, too, but yes, I was having a poke at you. You'll recover.

Weird, in addition to strange, can also mean something relating to what's supernatural.

modwiz
5th February 2014, 15:41
Accost can mean challenging with questions, too, but yes, I was having a poke at you. You'll recover.

Weird, in addition to strange, can also mean something relating to what's supernatural.

The blank, Odin's or Wyrd rune being a good phonic example.

OMG. It is still morning here where I am. What am I doing up?:scrhd:

Calz
5th February 2014, 16:32
It is getting chilly again in the deep south, I will be glad for warmer days. I am glad to see the message was received across forum lines. I look forward to getting to know you here, dianna.

... please ...

this is at noon (not overnight):

12 PM
Wed

Feb 5

Partly Cloudy / Wind

7°F

FEELS LIKE: -13°

(btw ... dianna rocks :) )

PurpleLama
5th February 2014, 16:34
We of Mississippi are born not with antifreeze in our blood, that adaptation we have not.

modwiz
5th February 2014, 16:36
I have so many ideas pulsing in my 'head'. Almost overwhelmed at the moment. Still have a serious, first tobacco of the day 'buzz'.

Coffee is waiting.

Contracts, agreements, have been in my thoughts.

modwiz
5th February 2014, 16:38
Quick thought:

Wind chill=The actual temperature plus extra drama added.:p

Calz
5th February 2014, 16:40
You must have some *damn* good insulation in your tent there bro :)

dianna
... please ...

this is at noon (not overnight):

12 PM
Wed

Feb 5

Partly Cloudy / Wind

7°F

FEELS LIKE: -13°

(btw ... dianna rocks :) )

Thanks Calz …

http://youtu.be/oFhnatkQ2b8

PurpleLama
I fully admit to being a sissy when it comes to cold weather. However, near or over 100f, I am fine while the winter lovers are wilting. Made for the hot place, I must be. :winner: