PDA

View Full Version : Gut Bacteria, Untreatable Illness & Psychological Disorders.

Spiral
17th September 2013, 13:55
Back by popular demand :D

As someone who has suffered with a spectrum of complaints that Doctors & Consultants have not the slightest idea about I have been left to try & sort it out myself, the problem being that one thing just seems to cycle around into another, and I end up nowhere.

Now I think I have an understanding of whats going on, namely there is a fungus VS bad bacteria turf war going on in my guts (and in a lot of other people) and treating the fungus means the bad bacteria go rampant & vice versa.

As explained in this short video, http://www.viddler.com/v/651580e3

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2013/3/29/1364578652568/Gut-Bacteria-graphic-001.jpg

I have tried all manner of diets, supplements & herbal cures to no avail, now I realise that I need a four pronged approach, to take out the fungus AND bad bacteria AND take probiotics AND not eat problem foods (anything sweet & anything with yeast in it mainly)

I am now taking anti candida herbal capsules, probiotic capsules & ground dried olive leaves in capsules, the probiotics I am taking a couple of hours before breakfast, and the other stuff with meals.

One type of probiotic has been linked to problems for Autistic people though,

One of the things that is interesting is in many of the supplements that people take, specifically probiotics, there is a specific bacteria called streptococcus thermophilus that is a natural bacteria and is essentially listed as a beneficial bacterial for the digestive system and for our overall health. You also find it in some yogurt products as well. It’s reported that streptococcus thermophilus is entirely different than Group A Beta Hemolytic Strep as far as its protein structure and therefore should not be a contributing problem to the obsessive compulsive problems or the other manifestation of PANDAS. The problem is that has not always proved to be true. This basically means in many kids, whether they are on the Autism spectrum or not, just don’t seem to react very well to probiotics that have streptococcus thermophilus.

http://www.autismrecoverytreatment.com/autism-treatment-%E2%80%93-pandas-probiotic-problems-and-autism/

New research is showing that gut bacteria release chemicals that have psychotropic effects, this could be the cause of all kinds of things from schizophrenia to autism, self harming & addiction.

The huge amount of antibiotics we take, especially as children coupled with processed & junk foods probably accounts for a lot of this.

This is an easy to digest (LOL) article in the Daily Mail; http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2419418/Low-levels-healthy-gut-bacteria-cause-mental-health-issues-anxiety-schizophrenia-say-scientists.html

Here is a much deeper PDF, http://icds.uoregon.edu/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/MicrobesOnYourMind_ScientificAmericanMind2012.pdf

Here is a long but fascinating article about a Professor who is curing people by implanting bacteria from a healthy persons poop up peoples colon, otherwise known as a faecal transplant !

http://www.theguardian.com/science/2013/mar/31/bacteria-faecal-transplant-gut-mary-roach-gulp

Spiral
17th September 2013, 13:58
Previously posted by Seikou-Kishi

I think your idea of not eating things like sugar is spot on. The best thing to do is to eat things which are easy for a human to digest but relatively hard for a bacterium or yeast to digest. That doesn't mean you won't rely on their help to digest it, just that if it's sufficiently complicated, they'll work for you rather than for themselves first because you'll be able to absorb nutrients before anything else has the chance to seize upon them.

Years ago when I wanted to cut out the crap, I really missed flavoured waters (I lived the rockstar lifestyle, what can I say? Lol). I found I could make something much better than the commercial options by adding a few drops of lemon and lime oils to water (the lemon and lime versions were my favourite, even though they were just water, flavourings, citric acid and artificial sweetener). Depending on how you like it, it can be as little as one drop of either to five drops of each for every two litres of water. Just add the oil(s) and then shake to form an emulsion. Anyway, since I started drinking those, I can count on one hand the amount of illness I've had. Lemon's very antiseptic. Another one I make is with aniseed (Pimpinella anisum) or star anise (Illicium verum) oil, because I just love the taste. They happen to be antibacterial and antifungal but when I started it was very much not the motivation. Now I wonder if by drinking water flavoured in this very slight way I have been provided with just enough "microbe management" to keep them in control while not so much that I overwhelm them and let hardier but less helpful bacteria (like C difficile) take over.

I don't know if it'll help, but it's something even if it's not much

Unfortunately other posts have not been archived by google

Tribe
17th September 2013, 15:02
I was saying previously that as someone with M.E that I find a no sugar ,no yeast ,no wheat ,non diary diet works best for me and helps me stay at optimum best but i find it very very difficult to maintain ! :(

Spiral
17th September 2013, 15:39
I'm looking into making my own prebiotic yoghurt with sheep milk, machines that make it & starter bacteria are available and are reasonably affordable, and one would recoup the outlay over time.

Tribe
17th September 2013, 15:42
Also I'd encourage you to make your own Sauerkraut . I have just made some with the encouragement of one of the lovely tot members ! I came back from a appointment with my crainal sacral therapist / japeneese massues and he said that my digestive system is up the shoot and could be why I have the problems I have !'

Tribe
17th September 2013, 15:46
Also this cabbage probiotic has far more probiotics than the best probiotic from the health food shop!

Spiral
17th September 2013, 15:50
Also I'd encourage you to make your own Sauerkraut .

How do you make it ? Do you need specific bacteria cultures ?

I have just made some with the encouragement of one of the lovely tot members ! I came back from a appointment with my crainal sacral therapist / japeneese massues and he said that my digestive system is up the shoot and could be why I have the problems I have !'

I used to see a sacral cranial therapist, she said she couldn't detect any fluid at all, she had never seen that before, nor had anyone she knew in the trade.

I have my suspicions as to why though.:abduct:

Tribe
17th September 2013, 15:55
No fluid as in spinal fluid ?! Gosh that really unnerving !!

Ok so you need white cabbage ,
Chop into fine pieces ,
2 tbs sea salt untreated, so it still looks grey and wet .

Rub the cabbage in the salt and place into a glass kiln jar and cover with water leaving a half inch of water on top of the cabbage , leaving a inch spare for air and turn the kiln twice daily .
Eat on the third day a table spoon a day will keep bad bugs at bay !

Tribe
17th September 2013, 15:57
I haven't had any cranial therapy scince November , man it was good there were many tears of relief !! Xx

Eelco
17th September 2013, 15:59
Now I think I have an understanding of whats going on, namely there is a fungus VS bad bacteria turf war going on in my guts (and in a lot of other people) and treating the fungus means the bad bacteria go rampant & vice versa.

Sorry for going off topic, but this reminds me.
One day when walking I saw a man. On passing by we exchanged hello's and as one does sometimes I asked him "How are you doing?" He repleid, DO you really want to know sir? I couldn't say no of course and he proceeded to tell me for an hour and a half about the fight within him between the aeroob and anaeroob bacteria in his system.
Being young and naive as I was I listened to his story and wished him wel when we parted...

Learned to be very carefull with casual questions from that point on though.

WIth Love
Eelco

Calz
17th September 2013, 16:29
As someone who has suffered with a spectrum of complaints that Doctors & Consultants have not the slightest idea about I have been left to try & sort it out myself, the problem being that one thing just seems to cycle around into another, and I end up nowhere.

I know cross posting from PA is not encouraged but in the case of someone's health I draw the line (even with mods :) )

[don't tase me bro]

http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?43548-The-gut-of-most-disease...-NOT-what-you-think-

Spiral
17th September 2013, 16:42
I read that a while back, (well some of it) the kefir sounds interesting but the rotten meat sounds positively lethal.

I have been meaning to look into kefir again because when I got a delivery of fire wood last week the chap said he has lots of sheep & goats, so now I can source fresh raw milk.

Highland1
17th September 2013, 17:12
Here are some very healthy alternatives for making your own milk SW and anyone else come to that.

5 Home-made (& Dairy-free) Milk Alternatives

August 25, 2013 | Filed under: Health,Health Food,News | Posted by: Amanda Froelich

True Activist.

With Harvard’s confirming study on the detrimental effects of milk consumption , startled families are torn between habit and health-minded effort as to what to consume in its place. Creamy, filling, and a staple to many, its acidifying, hard-to-digest effects have long been overlooked for too long by dairy industry-backed regulators. There are many reasons to once and for all put down your glass of Moo juice.

First, cow’s milk is essential…for baby calves meant to increase substantially in weight during their first years of life. The molecules vary dramatically from human breast milk and because individuals lose their ability to produce lactase (the enzyme that digests lactose) at a young age, most every individual is lactose intolerant. This can cause flatulence, acne, and fatigue among many other symptoms.

Second, the claim that milk is essential for calcium is false. The large consumption of fatty and pasteurized milk is highly acidic in the body and has been shown to actually leach calcium from the bones in order to buffer to toxicity/acidosis in the bloodstream. Better sources of utilizable calcium include: certain nuts and seeds (sesame, chia, almonds, etc..), green leafy vegetables, beans and legumes, brussel sprouts, broccoli, and even certain fruits like oranges and raisins. Alkaline forming foods that are high in anti-oxidants, minerals, and nutrients are much more beneficial for the human system.

Finally, ethically the dairy industry is not sustainable. World Watch Institute declared that 51% or more of greenhouse gas emissions are caused by animal agriculture, therefore the meat and dairy industries play a large role. The unnatural and inhumane way cows are treated for their milk is also morally corrupt. Adult cows are artificially inseminated to remain pregnant, birth calves which are taken away immediately, and create a never-ending flow of milk; the liquid which is pumped out through machines. On poor supply of feed and routinely shot with hormones and antibiotics, they’re creating low-grade milk for the consumption of any beings on the planet. For a food that’s not beneficial for humans in the first place, the mistreatment of livestock needs to change. (And for fairness, there are humane farmers who treat their livestock properly, but large industries are the main focus on ethics). The effect on these peaceful creatures is reflected by their span of life. Continually pregnant, feeding, and living in poor conditions, a factory cow will only survive 4-5 years before being butchered compared to its potential life span of 25 years.

Luckily, you can be the change and offset all this negativity by choosing to consume these affordable, easy-to-make, and healing milk replacements. All you need is a blender, a nut milk bag (for only some of the variations), the ingredients, and a passion to adopt healthier, life-promoting fare.

1. Hemp Milk:

Hemp seeds are a super food! Rich in Omega-3 fatty acids, containing all amino acids (building blocks of protein), and also being rich in Calcium, Vitamin A, E, B 12, Vitamin D, Folic Acid and more nutrients, they’re a perfect substitution for creaitng creamy milk.

Ingredients:
1 Cup Raw Shelled Hemp Seeds
3 Cups Filtered Water
4 Dates
1 tsp Vanilla extract (Optional)
Dash of Sea Salt (Optional)

Directions:

1) In a high-speed blender, combine all ingredients until creamy. Will store 2-3 days in an air-tight mason jar.

2. Cashew Milk:

Cashews are rich in Magnesium, Phosphorous, Zinc, and Iron. Enjoy your creamy, dreamy bliss with this recipe.

Ingredients:
1 Cup Raw Cashews
4 Cups Water
1-2 Tbsp Agave, Raw Honey, or 2 (pitted) Dates
2 tsp Vanilla extract (optional)
Dash of Sea Salt (optional)

Directions:

1) In a high-speed blender, combine all ingredients until smooth and creamy.

2) Using a nut milk bag, strain contents of blender into a large bowl, saving the pulp for other raw creations (like cookies and crackers).

3) Store the milk in an air-tight mason jar or use right away!

3. Sunflower Milk:

Who would of thought these seeds rich in Vitamin E, Selenium, Magnesium, and valuable anti-oxidants would be perfect for creating a milk alternative? Gather in the goodness with this option:

Ingredients:
1 Cup Sunflower Seeds
3 Cups Filtered Water
1 Tbsp Raw Honey, Agave or 1 Date
1 tsp Vanilla (Optional)

Directions:

1) In a high-speed blender, blend all ingredients on high until smooth and creamy.

2) Strain using a nut milk bag, saving the pulp for future creations. Store leftover milk in an air-tight mason jar for no longer than 4 days.

4. Almond Milk:

You can buy alternative milks in stores, but why not easily make your own for less cost? Almonds are amazingly rich in Calcium, Vitamin E, anti-oxidants, and other life promoting nutrients that will help make your body happy.

Ingredients:
1 Cup Raw Almonds
3 Cups Purified Water
2 Dates
1 tsp Vanilla Extract (Optional)

Directions:

1) In a high speed blender, combine all ingredients until smooth and creamy.

2) Use a nut milk bag and strain, saving the pulp for other creations. Save left over almond ‘milk’ in air-tight mason jars for 3-4 days.

5. Pumpkin Seed Milk:

Boost your health with pumpkin seeds, a nutrient dense food rich in Magnesium, Phosphorous, Zinc, Vitamin K and other nutrients that lower cholesterol, improve prostate function, and overall enhance the immune system of the human body. They also make a tasty milk!

Ingredients:
1 Cup Raw Pumpkin Seeds
2 1/2 – 3 Cups Purified Water
1 tsp Vanilla Extract (Optional)
2-3 Dates

Directions:

1) In a high-speed blender, blend all ingredients on high until creamy.

2) Using a nut milk bag, strain blender contents into a large container, saving pulp for future creations. Store excess pumpkin seed milk in an air-tight container or mason jar for 3-4 days.

Some Notes:
If you are to make your own nut/seed milks at home, it is optimal to soak your seeds ahead of time. This allows the tannic acid (enzyme inhibitor which can make it hard to digest nuts) to be removed and also jump starts the germinating process – making these powerhouses live foods. You can soak overnight, rinse in the morning, and use for breakfast. If you choose to soak them longer and sprout your nuts and seeds, rinse morning and night and be sure to use before 3-4 days. Don’t forget – you can alter the creaminess by how much water you use to make your ‘milks’.
There are dairy-free milk alternatives in the store, but for much less you can create alternatives in your home. Taking control of your health in this manner also ensures you know where your food is coming from and that there are no preservatives or poorly sourced foods in your diet.

Create longevity, beauty, and optimal health with simple variations to your diet, such as improving the milk staple you and your family consume. Intaking nourishing fare will support a better metabolism, clearer mind, balanced weight, and most importantly, a happier you!

Read more http://www.trueactivist.com/5-home-made-dairy-free-milk-alternatives/

My Mrs has serious problems with irritable bowel, so much so that if she eats the wrong thing, ie, bread, eggs or anything with gluten in it she literally has less than a minute to find a public convenience.

She eventually solved the problem by juicing and lost two stone whilst doing so.
In fact, we both go on juice fasts and then alternate back onto regular food in moderation.

When I first discovered juicing, I fasted for 4 months and lost nearly four stone and had tremendous energy as my stomach was not having to do any work digesting.

I have started piling on the pounds again so I'm due another fasting session real soon!

I'm sure you will have looked at the health benefits of raw food SW?

Russ

Altaira
17th September 2013, 17:49
Ok so you need white cabbage ,
Chop into fine pieces ,
2 tbs sea salt untreated, so it still looks grey and wet .

Rub the cabbage in the salt and place into a glass kiln jar and cover with water leaving a half inch of water on top of the cabbage , leaving a inch spare for air and turn the kiln twice daily .
Eat on the third day a table spoon a day will keep bad bugs at bay !

I just need add some correction , I probably wasn't clear with the instructions or you like the cabbage softer :). You don't need to rub the salt at least it is how I make it and the amount of salt depends on the amount of cabbage. For example if you you fill 3l jar with shredded cabbage you probably need 3 tsp of salt, pour as much water as it will take. It needs shaking as you already explained. If you want it sourer you keep it out longer at around 18° C for. When it gets as sour as you like it, put it in the fridge, this will stop the fermentation process.

Using the same method I make sower vegetables. I put together carrots cut into half centimeter pieces, cauliflower, peppers, especially those fat bell peppers, cabbage not shredded just cut into 4 or 6 pieces, Jerusalem artichoke and celery ( I use celery leaves) and a few garlic cloves. This is very popular winter salad in Bulgaria and some other Eastern countries. Fermentation here takes around three weeks depending on the quantity of the vegetables because the they are not chopped in small pieces.

Blessings,

Rayna

Altaira
17th September 2013, 17:57
I'm looking into making my own prebiotic yoghurt with sheep milk, machines that make it & starter bacteria are available and are reasonably affordable, and one would recoup the outlay over time.

You don't need a machine it is very simple and as far as bacteria is conserned I have original lactobacillus bulgaricus which is seen as the best probiotic bacteria with the widest specter of healing properties.
There is hardly a person in the world who does not know that Bulgaria is the homeland of the yogurt. For Bulgarians, consuming yogurt has been known to be beneficial for many centuries, but the unique qualities of the Bulgarian yogurt garnered a worldwide attention in the end of 19th and the beginning of the 20th The well-known Russian scientist Ilya Metchnikoff - one of the founders of modern immunology - linked the longevity of the Bulgarian people to the consumption of yoghurt. Metchnikoff, at that time a professor at the Pasteur Institute in Paris, produced the notion that the aging process results from the activity of putrefactive (proteolytic) microbes producing toxic substances in the bowels. Proteolytic bacteria such as clostridia, which are part of the normal gut flora, produce toxic substances including phenols, indols and ammonia from the digestion of proteins. According to Metchnikoff these compounds were responsible for what he called "intestinal auto-intoxication", which caused the physical changes associated with old age. It was at that time known that milk fermented with lactic-acid bacteria inhibits the growth of proteolytic bacteria because of the low pH produced by the fermentation of lactose. Metchnikoff had also observed that certain rural populations in Europe, for example in Bulgaria and the Russian Steppes who lived largely on milk fermented by lactic-acid bacteria were exceptionally long lived. Based on these facts, Metchnikoff proposed that consumption of fermented milk would "seed" the intestine with harmless lactic-acid bacteria and decrease the intestinal pH and that this would suppress the growth of proteolytic bacteria. http://bacillusbulgaricus.com/lactobacillus-bulgaricus.htm

Spiral
17th September 2013, 18:44
Thanks for the recipes Russ, I am intolerant of cow dairy, and not brilliant with soya milk either, however I have a lot of almond trees, & I shall soon be harvesting my own untreated almonds, fresh almonds are streets away from the hard dry ones in the shop. :cool:

Altaira, thanks for your input on the sauerkraut & yoghurt, I have ordered some of that lactobacillus bulgaricus :D how do you make it without a machine ?

I thought there was a lot of heating to exact temperature and other fiddly stuff ?

Altaira
17th September 2013, 19:17
You heat the milk at around 45° C maximum or what I do is to stick my finger in the milk and if the heat is tolerable or doesn't feel uncomfortably hot you add the bacteria mixed with some milk. stir well and pour in glass jars with lids. You need to keep them at around 38° C to allow the culture to grow fir around 4-7 hours. After few tries you will find out whats the best time. My mother keeps the jars warm just by wrapping them in a blanket and keeps them near the radiator or any type of heater. I personally use one of those electric back warmers and cover the jars with it, you can also use electric blanket or similar, just to keep it warm.

Here is a link I found with the steps and pictures. I wouldn't recommend step 4 and also don't think you need to blend the mixture. In addition if you use raw milk from trusted source it is better not to warm it to 85° because this will kill some beneficial microorganisms and as far as I remember the heat destroys some proteins in the milk.

here is the step by step guide http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Yogurt

Altaira
17th September 2013, 19:20
I just wanted to add that sheep's yogurt is a lot more thicker and I personally love it. If you make yogurt with goats milk its a lot thinner .

17th September 2013, 19:20
Hi Spirit Walker. Thank you so much for reviving this thread from TOT1. It's absolutely stacked with brilliant info and tips, long may it continue as a wonderful resource.

:unity:

Highland1
17th September 2013, 22:06
Thanks to Ben, we can now upload reasonably sized pdf's, so thanks old chap!

I thought this might be an important addition to this thread.....

Actually Ben the file limit is still 1.91mb?

Here is a free internet link for the free download:

http://www.yourfilezone.com/signup?sf=search_books&ref=4947201&q=The+Dark+Side+of+Wheat+pdf

Russ

Tribe
21st September 2013, 23:11
http://youtu.be/lCiwqWU_SOQ

Fighting Candida with Coconut Kefir by David Wolfe

Agape
22nd September 2013, 00:02
I had to pause the video at when he gets full pitcher of fresh coconut water , it's kind of difficult to get the same thing here, for those coconuts are half dried out . And talk me about the yoghurt they have here ...

;)

Altaira
22nd September 2013, 16:00
This is an explanation of how we gat the gluten intoxication into our body. This is a very short video but are more episodes following.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzqeCayFdZk

Spiral
22nd September 2013, 16:36
I have had my first grain free day today, and I plan to stay off the stuff :victorious:

It means a radical re-think of meals, breakfast being the most difficult, the Bulgarian bacteria will hopefully arrive this week & yoghurt manufacturing can commence !

Tribe
22nd September 2013, 16:38
Can you pm me the link for the bacteria sw ? Xxx

Spiral
22nd September 2013, 16:56
Can you pm me the link for the bacteria sw ? Xxx

Sent, the link is in Altairas post on the last page if anyone else is interested.

Spiral
22nd September 2013, 19:04
Auto-Brewery Syndrome: Apparently, You Can Make Beer In Your Gut

Not as funny or clever as it sounds, believe me ! I now treat this with my very own Wine Therapy (Tm) the sulphates work a treat ;)

This medical case may give a whole new meaning to the phrase "beer gut."

A 61-year-old man — with a history of home-brewing — stumbled into a Texas emergency room complaining of dizziness. Nurses ran a Breathalyzer test. And sure enough, the man's blood alcohol concentration was a whopping 0.37 percent, or almost five times the legal limit for driving in Texas.

There was just one hitch: The man said that he hadn't touched a drop of alcohol that day.

"He would get drunk out of the blue — on a Sunday morning after being at church, or really, just anytime," says , the dean of nursing at Panola College in Carthage, Texas. "His wife was so dismayed about it that she even bought a Breathalyzer."

Other medical professionals chalked up the man's problem to "closet drinking." But Cordell and Dr. Justin McCarthy, a gastroenterologist in Lubbock, wanted to figure out what was really going on.

So the team searched the man's belongings for liquor and then isolated him in a hospital room for 24 hours. Throughout the day, he ate carbohydrate-rich foods, and the doctors periodically checked his blood for alcohol. At one point, it rose 0.12 percent.

Eventually, McCarthy and Cordell pinpointed the culprit: an overabundance of brewer's yeast in his gut.

That's right, folks. According to Cordell and McCarthy, the man's intestinal tract was acting like his own internal brewery.

More; http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/2013/09/17/223345977/auto-brewery-syndrome-apparently-you-can-make-beer-in-your-gut

Cearna
25th September 2013, 11:47
I always thought that if you had something like this, there was an insulin unbalance and it was urgent to get an insulin injection straight away. Something like this would happen, before doctor's became more likely to make you have test for diabetes.

Spiral
25th September 2013, 13:22
I always thought that if you had something like this, there was an insulin unbalance and it was urgent to get an insulin injection straight away. Something like this would happen, before doctor's became more likely to make you have test for diabetes.

The insulin imbalance comes from eating foods that either contain too much sugar or covert to sugar easily & support a nasty colony of candida fungus in the gut, by taking responsibility for what we put in our bodies we can heal ourselves.

"Let your food be your medicine and your medicine be your food" or something.

Obviously if someone has a suspected medical condition they should have it checked out, but you will not find a Dr who will point to the things in this thread, they are first & foremost drug dealers for big pharma.

There is one simple reason why diabetes has become the epidemic it has, and its the change in the food we eat, not just our diet, but the nature of the food itself.

(There are two ways of testing for diabetes, testing blood sugar levels, which is not proof of diabetes at all, and testing for keytones in the urine, this is the test you want if you suspect diabetes.)

Cearna
26th September 2013, 11:36
Wolf Khan was confirmed a type 2 diabetic, and took the medicine, which was always having to be messed about with. When I decided to go off all tablets and seemed to become virtually pain free as a result, he took himself of, we watch carefully what he eats and has had no problems since. I agree with you, I'm sure those blood tests are rigged so that a lot more people are shown to be diabetic than need be, same with cholesterol, and yet the test for thyroid never seems to work. We just gave up going to the doctor.

Spiral
26th September 2013, 11:49
This is a wonder spice !

Turmeric has many medicinal properties, and is used in South Asia as an antiseptic for cuts, burns and bruises, and antibacterial agent.

Turmeric is popular as a tea in Okinawa, Japan, and in Pakistan it is used as an anti-inflammatory agent, and remedy for gastrointestinal discomfort.

http://blog.friendseat.com/health-benefits-of-turmeric/

This an interesting PDF about the role of stress & the nervous system in well being ; http://www.theelementsofhealth.com/resources/articles/articles-stress/the_autonomic_nervous_syste.pdf

Altaira
4th October 2013, 07:47
This is an interesting test and easy to do it.

The beet test

Eat beets. If they turn your urine pink/red, then you have low stomach acid. Stomach acid is a very important first step in digestion. Without enough, you can't absorb B12, and you have trouble absorbing zinc as well as several other nutrients. If you don't have adequate stomach acid, proteins aren't broken down properly, and so they can cause trouble in the small intestine and/or get absorbed whole into the bloodstream.

Gluten and casein are famous for being addictive because they form opiod-like substances. Stomach acid is necessary to prevent them from becoming opiods.

Histamine helps trigger the release of stomach acid. Histamine is found in several foods, especially ferments, so pile on another reason to eat ferments with every meal. Adequate zinc is also necessary to produce stomach acid (remember what's not absorbed well without it?).
http://heal-thyself.ning.com/forum/topics/the-beet-test

Altaira
4th October 2013, 08:01
This is almost everythi8ng about the Water Kefir, for those who are of the dairy :)

http://www.weim.net/homeovet/Docs/water%20kefir.pdf

Spiral
4th October 2013, 10:16
This is an interesting test and easy to do it.

The beet test

Eat beets. If they turn your urine pink/red, then you have low stomach acid. Stomach acid is a very important first step in digestion. Without enough, you can't absorb B12, and you have trouble absorbing zinc as well as several other nutrients. If you don't have adequate stomach acid, proteins aren't broken down properly, and so they can cause trouble in the small intestine and/or get absorbed whole into the bloodstream.

Gluten and casein are famous for being addictive because they form opiod-like substances. Stomach acid is necessary to prevent them from becoming opiods.

Histamine helps trigger the release of stomach acid. Histamine is found in several foods, especially ferments, so pile on another reason to eat ferments with every meal. Adequate zinc is also necessary to produce stomach acid (remember what's not absorbed well without it?).
http://heal-thyself.ning.com/forum/topics/the-beet-test

Thank for that Altaira, I think that may well explain why all the anti candida, olive leaf, tumeric & probiotic capsules I have been taking for weeks have done nothing whatso ever for my IBS / bloating :ireful:

I have some bacteria for making yoghurt now, but haven't started making it yet, I also have made some of the cabbage stuff, I'll have some for lunch ;)

Mark
4th October 2013, 12:42
I know a poor little lad who is allergic to everything, so much so that even his school teachers must follow him around with a pen to stab into him to counter act a sudden allergic reaction.

He has high doses of anti histamine daily, this may be why he looks unwell and has other health problems, not being able to absorb nutrients :-(

When I become a Reiki master next year, he is first on my list.

Altaira
12th October 2013, 09:36
I personally find Clive de Carle's videos very useful and educational. Here is another one which gives loads of useful information. Dr Natasha Campbell-McBride mentions GAPS diet which I've read about today for the first time. Strange it seems very coincidental but I think there is no coincidence. I've not seen all the interview yeat but from the first 15 min I think its well worth watching. At around 3:08 min the sound is bad for a few seconds but then improves.
here is a short info
The premiere of our new health programme, The Health Revolution, features Dr Natasha Campbell-McBride who is one of a growing number of leading medical doctors currently curing the 'incurable' here in the UK, without drugs.

(There is an audio glitch when Dr Campbell-McBride first speaks. It lasts a minute or so, so please stick with it.)

After completely reversing her son's autism she now teaches how autism can be prevented and cured.

We recommend her superb book, Gut and Psychology Syndrome which would have been a best seller if only she had called it Cure Autism and Depression!

She also has another book, Put Your Heart In Your Mouth. Natasha explains why cholesterol is your friend and why the drugs to lower it are your enemy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g85jkN9oDYo

I just need to cite Natasha who said " Mother nature designed our bodies to get all our nutrition from food not from pills" because I think this is the something that we all need to remind ourselves every day when we put something in our mouth. It is a good safeguard against junk food we all eat every day without even noticing it or because we think "a little bit wont harm us".

Blessings,
Rayna

Highland1
12th October 2013, 10:00

This is a most interesting banned read which may solve many of the problems discussed here.

I have ordered and reveived my 100% gum and plan to detox next week.

Russ