PDA

View Full Version : Obamacare in one sentence. Hilarious

Sparky
5th January 2014, 03:19
Dr. Barbara Bellar sums up Obamacare in one sentence. Hilarious now, pain later. Watch 1minute 45 second video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZbFrAAV3-o

The funniest part that she left out was the part about it being spoon-fed to a nation of willfully uninformed sheep eager for government hand-outs.

“So, let me get this straight. This is a long sentence. We're going to be gifted with a health-care plan we are forced to purchase, and fined if we don't, which purportedly covers at least 10 million more people without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee, whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that didn't read it, but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a President who smokes, with funding administered by a Treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, for which we will be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted social security and medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke. So what the *blank* could possibly go wrong?”

If you’re interested in the truth, Obamacare has enrolled only two-million people, yet more than six-million have had their policies cancelled. [That spells failure, but Ron Paul predicts that the program will continue to be nourished by Republicans and Democrats alike. He says the only way to eliminate Obamacare now is to give people the right to opt-out.]
http://foxnewsinsider.com/2014/01/02/ron-paul-americans-must-be-allowed-opt-out-obamacare

Calz
6th January 2014, 03:10
... the real "fun" is only just starting ...

(no small wonder the congress critters wouldn't read the bill before signing it into law ... )

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-l-JquPW1qVo/TgJvLPOOr9I/AAAAAAAAAPc/e4ub1yAcSwk/s1600/ObamaCare+Family+Fracas+02.jpg#obama%20care

Sparky
6th January 2014, 03:36
Calz, I love ya and yur wit. Can't tell you enough how you crack me up...but, I fail miserably each time I try to respond to your funny cartoons/characters.

Personally, I've thought - if you teamed up a cartoon artist with a knowledgeable worldly person in tune with global events; that team would ride the magic carpet to money land for them personally and wake up humanity.

Where the hell is the artist to marry TOT?

Calz
6th January 2014, 16:49
Sometimes all we can do is laugh at the scope of how far this has gone ... but quite seriously ... there is cold harsh truth here:

If you don't believe me do a search on "obamacare death panels" ... I have seen the portion of the law.

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/2a/ee/56/2aee5667b00f8cac539147c5082cbbe5.jpg

Calz
9th January 2014, 08:18
Obamacare: Designed to Deny Seniors Healthcare

It’s difficult to not conclude Obamacare is a slick eugenics program

Kurt Nimmo
Infowars.com
January 8, 2014

Obamacare is a Trojan horse designed to whittle away the middle class with pernicious taxes. Especially hard hit will be seniors and Baby Boomers.

Rep. Michele Bachmann: Obamacare is Deathcare for seniors.

The government tried to sell its taxation scheme folded into Obamacare by saying only tanning salons and so-called “Cadillac” high-end insurance plans would feel the crunch. As it turns out, many if not most of the taxes will fall on a middle class reeling from a debilitated economy.

The taxes will be hidden in levies exacted on health insurance companies, especially those with large market share. The fees will be used to compensate insurers who take on the most expensive policyholders, according to a report posted by Politico. In short, Insurance companies will pass the fees on to consumers.

Other taxes and fees on hospitals and caregivers will hit the middle class hard.

“Many of those [hidden] taxes, especially those on hospitals, insurers and medical device manufacturers, will ultimately be passed on through higher health costs,” Michael Tanner, an expert on Obamacare, told Money Morning. “According to most experts, Obamacare will create a total of twenty new taxes or tax hikes on the American people.”

The Obama administration skirted the normal appropriation process to give the IRS $500 million to beef up its taxation enforcement. According to the Government Accountability Office, the transfer outside the purview of Congress and the American people was legal because other government agencies have set a precedent of violating the Constitution.

“New federal health insurance taxes, both premium taxes and excise taxes, will also affect older workers and retirees,” writes Alyene Senger. “The higher taxes on prescription drugs (effective in 2011) and medical devices (effective in 2013) will affect seniors especially, as they are more heavily dependent on those very products.”

Medial procedures for seniors will be especially hard hit. Hip and knee replacements and cataract surgery will be extremely difficult to get from Medicare now that Obamacare has gone into effect, according to Dr. Betsy McCaughey, a constitutional scholar with a Ph.D. from Columbia University.

In November, healthcare insurance corporations began dropping Medicare Advantage patients and doctors. Obamacare cuts Medicare Advantage funding by $156 billion over ten years and will result in huge premium increases for hard-pressed seniors. Medicare payment reductions will undercut hospitals, nursing homes, home health agencies, and hospice agencies.

http://www.infowars.com/obamacare-designed-to-deny-seniors-healthcare/

Eelco
9th January 2014, 08:33
So what would be an alternative?

I sense there are some fundamental differences in obamacare and national health care programs in europe, which i am uninformed enough about than to go on a vague feeling I get from the push back against obama care and some of the chages the health care system in Holland has gone through.

That said I asked a friend of mine who is married to an american woman what he thought.
He shared the following story. When the son of his wife was born in america he had a period of low oxygen to his brain. THis resulted in medical care including a helicopter flight and several hospitals. In the end she got a bill of over 100.000 us dollars. This was 20 years ago.

One thing I can say about the national health care system in holland no-one will be expected to cough up a sum like that and go financially bankrupt because of that.

With Love
Eelco

BabaRa
9th January 2014, 17:18
So what would be an alternative?

That said I asked a friend of mine who is married to an american woman what he thought.
He shared the following story. When the son of his wife was born in america he had a period of low oxygen to his brain. THis resulted in medical care including a helicopter flight and several hospitals. In the end she got a bill of over 100.000 us dollars. This was 20 years ago.

One thing I can say about the national health care system in holland no-one will be expected to cough up a sum like that and go financially bankrupt because of that.

With Love
Eelco

Your example is right on: Many folks have gone bankrupt or have been left financially strapped due to hospitalization. I know a gentleman who is taking a chemo pill - one pill costs $9,000!!!!!!!!!!

And yes, it seems that while ObamaCare will bring insurance to the very poor, the already struggling middle class will have to pay for it.

What would be an alternative?: For starters:

**There have been lists of how much money US companies are holding off-shore. Apple and Microsoft are at the top of that list and hold billions each. How's about we close that loop hole and tax all that money and put it aside specifically for health care.

**Reign in the pharma companies. Many folks here in the states order their meds from Canada, UK and Australia where they get the same thing for 1/4 the price or even less.

**Our Congressmen have their own retirement and health care system, which is measurably superior to ours. Put them on the same systems that we are on - there's an incentive for change.

Calz
10th January 2014, 15:01
Hard to bring into comparison what *had* become of the amerikan health care system into a viable nationalized healthcare system anywhere else in the world.

The whole medical/big pharma system is built with a "corporation" mentality (profit and *at any* cost ... built for such with no regard to morality, consequences beyond legal liability which Big Pharma has now been removed from regarding vaccination lawsuits.).

[sure ... hold me back from letting my kids get all the latest vaccinations ... the world has left the building ...]

No clue to (or at best total suppression) of anything really beneficial for maintaining good health (you know ... stuff that has been around worldwide for decades if not hundreds of years).

Only drugs to suppress symptoms ... unleashing who knows how many side effects???

Economics are one thing.

This isn't that.

The truth behind those who are implimenting this system is quite another.

How far down the rabbit hole you wish to go is *your* responsibility ... not mine.

The closer you look (bearing in mind the multileveled and multidimensional control system) ... the more clear it becomes it is meaningless to compare what is coming down here with Obummercare to any other nationalized health care system.

That is the clearest I choose to express this ...

Oh yeah ... have a nice day :)

Eelco
10th January 2014, 15:08
clear enough .
When seen from that p.o.v. its terrible. that said the sheeple that have no choice or choose not to. Still believe what the doctors say and are led to believe it costs much mony.

With Love
Eelco

BabaRa
10th January 2014, 17:32
When I was young, when a person got sick, they went to bed and stayed there until they got better. (usually no more than a week - and rarely that long) Going to the doctor was only if it was really serious - can probably count on one hand how many times I was taken to a doctor in my youth.

What happened? . . .. mother's went to work. So they couldn't leave young sick children at home alone. They only got so many days sick leave, and would be pressured from employers to come back or get fired.

Couldn't leave the sick kid at their normal child-care facility unless they were on antibiotics (even though antibiotics didn't cure what they had - colds, viruses, etc.). Now we have kids who are resistant to many antibiotics, because they've been on them so many times.

Same way with parents, can't stay home from work too long and get the bed rest they need - so they try taking a pharma and pushing on.

All this causes more stress.

Some would say this is all by design. I believe it was the Iron Mountain Report (60's or 70's era) where allegedly it was discussed how to get better control of people. First step was to break apart strong families by having mothers join the work force. . . Don't know if this is true, but that definitely appears to have grave consequences in the stress on households.

Calz
10th January 2014, 17:40
When I was young, when a person got sick, they went to bed and stayed there until they got better. (usually no more than a week - and rarely that long) Going to the doctor was only if it was really serious - can probably count on one hand how many times I was taken to a doctor in my youth.

What happened? . . .. mother's went to work. So they couldn't leave young sick children at home alone. They only got so many days sick leave, and would be pressured from employers to come back or get fired.

Couldn't leave the sick kid at their normal child-care facility unless they were on antibiotics (even though antibiotics didn't cure what they had - colds, viruses, etc.). Now we have kids who are resistant to many antibiotics, because they've been on them so many times.

Same way with parents, can't stay home from work too long and get the bed rest they need - so they try taking a pharma and pushing on.

Some would say this is all by design. I believe it was the Iron Mountain Report (60's or 70's era) where allegedly it was discussed how to get better control of people. First step was to break apart strong families by having mothers join the work force. . . Don't know if this is true, but that definitely appears to have grave consequences in the stress on households.

When you (and I) were young the world was much different yes???

jimmer
10th January 2014, 17:41

hear, hear.
most of the woes we experience come from an activist minority
foisting/demanding/conniving their beliefs on a quiet majority.

Calz
10th January 2014, 17:43
Where I am at ... if a child misses more than twenty days for a school year the parents get hauled off to court to prove there was a reason.

sidenote ... anyone take notice of some family losing their 3 year old due to a youtube where the kid was spouting profanities???

Bad on the parents if they were the ones filming and posting ... but damn!!!

jimmer
11th January 2014, 22:59
Where I am at ... if a child misses more than twenty days for a school year the parents get hauled off to court to prove there was a reason.

sidenote ... anyone take notice of some family losing their 3 year old due to a youtube where the kid was spouting profanities???

Bad on the parents if they were the ones filming and posting ... but damn!!!

I do understand that the state can be orwellian, but if you saw that video you may
feel different. in fact, here it is...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zq5HyCm_7b0

modwiz
12th January 2014, 00:52
The Iron Mountain Report is a fake document. However everything in it is true. The man who wrote it faked it as an official document of official policy. He was the disclaimer himself. He was on the "inside".

Therefore, we are better informed to not claim the document as actual, while we can quote/pull ideas from it because the information is not false........Supposedly.

Seikou-Kishi
12th January 2014, 01:42
It is very readily established that a non free-market option actually furthers the free market. Nationalised water drives down water bills by forcing private suppliers to compete with a company that sells at cost. The same with electricity or telephone providers and so on. We only have to look at private health insurance in the UK to see how that works. Health insurance and the cost of private operations in the UK is very small. Why? Because these private options have to compete with the free-at-the-point-of-use public option. If somebody has the choice between receiving good medical care for free or paying for it, the service had better be worth the price. The free option prevents the kind of formal or informal collusion which allows prices to sore because the price of the private option will always be compared to the... ahem... pricelessness of the free option.

I've only been in hospital once for anything serious and I went private. It doesn't mean I begrudge paying towards the national option that is free at the point of use. I might never use it and then again I might, but it's a very small price to pay to know that people aren't left to die for the simple lack of money. What is this, the dark ages? It is a very small price to pay to live in a country that doesn't leave the poor on the knife-edge of good health.

Some might say it leads to a two-tier health system, in which those who use private health care are receiving a better quality of health care than those who use the national option. Really, though, it doesn't matter all that much if the national option is adequate. When I went private, most of the money went towards a private en-suite room rather than the medical care or procedures themselves. In fact, I remember talking to one of the nurses who said that some of the cost of a private operation goes to the NHS, so that even when somebody opts for private health care they're helping those who cannot afford to make such a choice. I think that's a good thing. Health care in the UK is never based on money. We don't have people trying to pool their last resources to afford health care. If somebody can't easily afford private health care, they receive treatment on the NHS and there's no unnecessary hand-wringing. The only things really that are more easily accessible with private health care are operations for cosmetic pruposes — with a limited fund, the NHS has to prioritise necessary, life-saving treatment over other things, but even here the NHS performs many cosmetic operations if not to do so would have negative rammifications for the patient's mental health. (We might see this as their saving themselves a lifetime of psychiatric care)

Of course, a two-tier system undoubtedly exists in other systems. In the US, one can either afford health insurance or one cannot. The two tiers, then, are not between good care and "better" care, but between care or no care at all. If we have to have a two-tier system, I would much rather it was the former.

Obamacare doesn't seem like this, though. It seems just like a private health care plan, so that each person has an insurance policy attached to them. It seems just another way of getting public money into private hands and for that reason seems fascist in the technical sense, and probably seems fascist in the colloquial sense too, if one lives in America. Obamacare seems to combine the very worst bits of private health care in a country without a non-free-market option with all the very worst bits of public health care. It has none of the utility or grace of the NHS and none of the freedom of choice of the private option. It is, or so it seems, the worst of both worlds.

Spiral
21st January 2014, 16:27
Security Expert Hacks Obamacare Website In 4 Minutes & Accesses 70,000 Records!

http://youtu.be/9TTeUGOs7FQ

Heres the vid he refers to

http://youtu.be/hHfKuhmMY7s