PDA

View Full Version : It's HOT.

Tonz
3rd January 2014, 01:32
The expression ''how much can a koala bear'',shore rings true today, It's hot!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xieyaoxeSqQ

GCS1103
3rd January 2014, 04:48
I'm kind of envious....here in the Northeastern U.S. we are having snow storms and temperatures around 10 degrees. With the wind chill, it feels like -8 degrees.
Please send some of the heat our way......:getcoat:

Seikou-Kishi
3rd January 2014, 06:06
Clearly you two have some degree of English blood. Well, perhaps Welsh. There's no word for "crisp" in Wales :D

Don't you just love this time of year, though? It might be cold out, but it's 7 am and still dark. Delicious :D

Cearna
3rd January 2014, 06:38
We've now lived for a few weeks of high temperatures, 30+oC has not been uncommon, christmas day was good, rain and cooler, but I've been quiet on TOT, because we have turned both computers off, it was just too much heat to keep them running. We don't run fans /air conditioners or such like, so it's been a case of opening doors and windows. At least we are in the mountains, so we don't swelter as much as those on the coast from humidity, and being on the side of a hill, if there is a breeze we get some of it, but I assure you, you wouldn't want too much of this heat coming your way. Sweltering is a good word for it.

Tonz
3rd January 2014, 12:01
41 degrees tomorrow ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

think cool, it's all in the head :cool:

Moonlight
3rd January 2014, 12:32
I would gladly send you a bit of coolness.... -29C here this morning (with windchill -35C). I think I'll hang around this thread a bit to warm up... hehe

http://rstorage.filemobile.com/storage/17620768/1085

Church
3rd January 2014, 12:41
I have to actually wear a heavy coat today, its so cold here in Florida. That kangaroo and I are gonna freeze our butts off!

Tonz
3rd January 2014, 12:45
- 35 ? holly ice cubes !! I cannot imagine it, I was once in high altitude place, and to see the glory of the stars that cold night i went out side with another , lasted less than 10 minutes as my jaw was locking up and could not stop or control the gittering of my teeth, I don't know how cold it was . Perhaps you would be able to guess Moonlight a rough average that would produce those symptoms with in 10 minutes.

Tonz
3rd January 2014, 12:50
I have to actually wear a heavy coat today, its so cold here in Florida. That kangaroo and I are gonna freeze our butts off!
you make me chuckle at times church.

Moonlight
3rd January 2014, 13:11
- 35 ? holly ice cubes !! I cannot imagine it, I was once in high altitude place, and to see the glory of the stars that cold night i went out side with another , lasted less than 10 minutes as my jaw was locking up and could not stop or control the gittering of my teeth, I don't know how cold it was . Perhaps you would be able to guess Moonlight a rough average that would produce those symptoms with in 10 minutes.

holly ice cubes ! LOL I like that... I could not guess tonton as this all depends on the person's capability to hold cold and how well dressed you were. I would suspect around 10C .... LOL

After a couple of days of cold like this, -5C will seem warm to us...

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTNbejcAwTw-g_CWo2Im4mp71PSfc9fcXLU6sXWbalYNwEcmgdVvg

Tonz
3rd January 2014, 13:34
You know if you have the same weather tomorrow that would be around a 70 degree difference .its hard to believe at times, that we live on the same planet.................love the hitchhiker.!

BabaRa
3rd January 2014, 18:16
After a freeze here in N. California in early December (unusual - did some damage to my garden) and we actually got 3 inches of snow - also unusual; temps then went opposite and we have been 10 degrees above normal since - a perfect, sunny 68 deg.

The down side of that is this is supposed to be our rainy season, and no rain yet. They have already put some counties on water restriction. I've already begun my rain dance.

Sooz
4th January 2014, 09:46
Hi All,

Temperatures are crazy, check this out:

http://www.rumormillnews.com/cgi-bin/forum.cgi?read=295747

Here in Oz, it's hotter than a snake's belly in a wagon rut. Man, my cold water tap is running boiling hot water, just about scalded my hands this morning, the water was so hot.

Not so bad now, 9.40pm. I just wish there was a big thunderstorm to cool things down a bit.

But the cold weather in the northern hemisphere is looking a bit tough. I have lived through European winters but nothing like temperatures in the link above. I can't even imagine it!

Luck to all who have 3 doggies to give you an extra layer on the bed - here we call it a 'three dog night'. Lol...

Sooz
x

Edit: BabaRa, can you post a vid of your rain dance? (Just kidding).

lookbeyond
4th January 2014, 10:12
Hi All,

Temperatures are crazy, check this out:

http://www.rumormillnews.com/cgi-bin/forum.cgi?read=295747

Here in Oz, it's hotter than a snake's belly in a wagon rut. Man, my cold water tap is running boiling hot water, just about scalded my hands this morning, the water was so hot.

Not so bad now, 9.40pm. I just wish there was a big thunderstorm to cool things down a bit.

But the cold weather in the northern hemisphere is looking a bit tough. I have lived through European winters but nothing like temperatures in the link above. I can't even imagine it!

Luck to all who have 3 doggies to give you an extra layer on the bed - here we call it a 'three dog night'. Lol...

Sooz
x

I can vouch for the heat,i also feel for the northern hem, esp those who have little means for warmth

lovelypeace
4th January 2014, 19:52
Yea - it's down right balmy at 28 degrees F. It's supposed to be -1 on Tuesday. And yep - we're getting the blizzard too!

It doesn't bode well for us in SE Michigan when Lake Superior freezes.

We're betting on no school for the kiddo for Mon/Tues. :fpalm:

BabaRa
4th January 2014, 20:18
Hi All,

Sooz
x

You silly girl!!!!!!!!!! Although that just might bring the fury of the rain gods down on me.:hilarious:

Spiral
4th January 2014, 22:36
I would pay good money to see that :)

Tonz
5th January 2014, 12:11
The dance would be a cross between these two , I also would be happy to pay to see it!

BabaRa
5th January 2014, 19:59
I would pay good money to see that :)

Dang! I wish I knew how to post a video, I might be able to make my rent money!!!!!!!!!!

Tonz
6th January 2014, 20:20
hey ,Bababra, Your cousin in the pretty pink dress did wonders yesterday',

A series of intense storm cells caused flash flooding, a sharp temperature drop and more than 71,000 homes to lose power.

Wind gusts of more than 90km/h tore roofs from homes and pulled down trees, with emergency services receiving more than 110 calls for help.

Wild weather hits the southeast

Rain, wind throws SEQ into chaos
Lightning cracks over Brisbane's CBD. Picture: Marc Robertson.
IN PICTURES: Storms break heatwave

The weather disrupted traffic on the ground and in the sky. Brisbane's trains and buses experienced disruptions of more than an hour, while more than a dozen flights were delayed.

More than 100 power lines were brought down and 27,000 lightning strikes hit the southeast.

People parked in Alexandria St, Fortitude Valley, were caught off guard when the road flooded. Picture: Marc Robertson.
People parked in Alexandria St, Fortitude Valley, were caught off guard when the road flooded. Picture: Marc Robertson.
The heatwave over the past couple of days was dramatically broken in the space of 10 minutes, with Brisbane's temperature of 28.6C dropping by 5C between 3.59pm and 4.09pm.

The temperature at Amberley base plummeted by 5.3C in six minutes at 3.01pm.

Rain smashed Brisbane's south. Slacks Creek was hit with 80mm of rain in half an hour, more than half falling in 10 minutes. Underwood received 38mm in 10 minutes.

Wild weather captured on the corner of Stanley St and Ipswich Rd, Wooloongabba. Picture: Andrew Thorpe/Twitter
Wild weather captured on the corner of Stanley St and Ipswich Rd, Wooloongabba. Picture: Andrew Thorpe/Twitter
West Bellthorpe, inland of the Sunshine Coast, had 100mm of rain between 9am and 6.30pm yesterday while Highvale, in Brisbane's west, recorded falls of 94mm.

Wind gusts hit 94km/h at Amberley while Peel Island off of North Stradbroke Island was hit with gusts of 87km/h.

Grantham was particularly affected, with several buildings, including an old service station and a nearby council-owned building losing parts of their roofs.

Storm clouds roll in over the Gold Coast skyline. Picture: Adam Head
Storm clouds roll in over the Gold Coast skyline. Picture: Adam Head
Two people were hurt when separate homes were hit by lightning in Logan.

A woman, 44, was talking on the phone when lightning hit her Logan home.

She was taken to the Princess Alexandra Hospital with a feeling of nausea and chest pain.

Lightning strikes the ground as storms move over Pullenvale in Brisbane's west. Picture: Grant Parker
Lightning strikes the ground as storms move over Pullenvale in Brisbane's west. Picture: Grant Parker
A man suffered chest pain when his home was hit by lightning as he unplugged something outside his house. He was not taken to hospital.

Meteorologist Pradeep Singh said the southeast would get a reprieve from the hot conditions today, with temperatures in Brisbane to stay below 30C for the rest of the week.

"(Today) there is a chance of some scattered showers in the morning and after that just coastal showers, there's not much heavy rain on the horizon."

Mr Singh said it was unlikely the southeast would see a repeat of Monday's storms.

But he warned the west of the state would still see the mercury soar, with highs of 41C expected today at Mount Isa and Longreach.

"It will still be above average in many inland parts of Queensland."