PDA

View Full Version : Mysterious, Ancient Bible on Display

skywizard
28th December 2013, 23:59
In the exquisite Peacock Room at the Smithsonian's Freer Gallery of Art, one of the oldest Bibles in existence recently went on display. This priceless artifact from the personal collection of Charles Freer contains a passage not seen in any other biblical manuscript, in which Jesus proclaims the end of Satan's reign on Earth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12wYfNKBrgA

To read more go to: http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2013/12/131227-ancient-bible-codex-washingtonianus-freer-logion-religion-culture/

peace...
skywizard

KosmicKat
30th December 2013, 12:44
contains a passage not seen in any other biblical manuscript, in which Jesus proclaims the end of Satan's reign on Earth

Normal service has been resumed. Any problems you may be experiencing at this point are entirely your own. :shocked:

30th December 2013, 13:01
Normal service has been resumed. Any problems you may be experiencing at this point are entirely your own. :shocked:

I'm sorry I don't follow you here? (That may well be my cuffuffle of a brain though.....)

Tonz
30th December 2013, 14:00
so mcdonalds is going to close,hmmmm,Bolivia have already started!The promised land has begun,soon commercials will be banned and people will start to think for themselves.:thup:

Calabash
30th December 2013, 14:44
But she never said when!

Spiral
30th December 2013, 18:02
But she never said when!

She gave me the impression that it was right then, however IMO some scribe has probably just added that bit as it makes no sense in any context, for starters the rest of the Bible makes it clear that this is something that will only happen with the "Second Coming" ( & the sorting of sheep & goats etc).

KosmicKat
31st December 2013, 12:02
I'm sorry I don't follow you here? (That may well be my cuffuffle of a brain though.....)

In plain language, whatever is wrong with the planet now we should not be blaming the once-prince of angels (I don't propose that he is for a moment guiltless, but rather that the momentum of things he set in motion has been continued unwittingly). And Spiral is right about the Bible - in the Revelation of St. John the Divine, it does say that Satan is bound and cast into the bottomless pit at the beginning of the millennial reign of Christ. For me, though, the Bible is no longer the ultimate authority it once was (and it does seem as if the cabal behind the scenes are hell-bent on making what it says a reality, perhaps as their way of trying to force the creator's hand? "If we do this, you have to do that"?)