PDA

View Full Version : 1968 clip

Aianawa
21st May 2022, 23:33
Came to me to watch again today and felt to share this time, 1968 clip is amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNshmEEZefE&t=13s

Aianawa
22nd May 2022, 06:29
Similar to start of this oldie film

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3lfS8_lfqQ

Dreamtimer
22nd May 2022, 12:25
This is reminding me of how Trump would talk about some event or some incident and it would turn out that he was talking about a movie, not current events. He seemed at times to be confusing the two. But of course he would deliberately confuse issues as a very useful and effective tactic.

When a person doesn't really care about the truth, i.e. drawing a line on a hurricane map with a sharpie, it doesn't matter if they're connected to it or not. They have no respect for the truth.

And Trump didn't care that he caused stress, economic difficulties, and fear in communities which were in no danger from the hurricane. He didn't care about the damage he caused. He liked it. Because it made things more unsettled and then more malleable for him. He could continue to manipulate more and more easily.

That's how it works. Undermine the foundation first. "Everything is fake!!!" Then you start saying what you want over and over and folks will follow. That's what played out. Sadly.

People have been believing they're being 'chipped' or something for my whole life. The latest claim with the vaccine is another extension of that meme. Just like the pedo claims. They're old as the hills.

When I was just in Scotland, I learned that some of the horrible rumors which would be spread between clans involved eating babies. A couple centuries ago. The tools are still being used and folks are still falling for it hook, line and sinker.

I don't get it. I guess there's a certain survival dynamic involved in this kind of psychology.

Aianawa
3rd June 2022, 07:49
Dynamic indeed, organised though ?.

Dreamtimer
3rd June 2022, 11:13
People do what works. If you find out that the chupacabra stories were being told to keep folks out of an area where there was a valuable resource and it worked, you'd do the same. This happens all the time. Which means that a great deal of these stories are deliberately made up by people wanting to keep other people out of an area.

Drug dealers do this. It's really kind of a base behavior. Play into peoples' fears to keep your power and greed. Who needs to plan when people are gullible and reactionary?

Emil El Zapato
3rd June 2022, 11:41
People do what works. If you find out that the chupacabra stories were being told to keep folks out of an area where there was a valuable resource and it worked, you'd do the same. This happens all the time. Which means that a great deal of these stories are deliberately made up by people wanting to keep other people out of an area.

Drug dealers do this. It's really kind of a base behavior. Play into peoples' fears to keep your power and greed. Who needs to plan when people are gullible and reactionary?

Very good points, DT. I don't usually do this but you are worth the effort. I think reactionary means 'resistant to change'. I double-checked because words often have dual semantics but I didn't see anything that would suggest that.