PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Norman Doidge | The Power of Thought

Wind
18th May 2022, 22:11
The theory about neuroplasticity isn't exactly a new thing, but it's still an interesting topic nevertheless.

I am interested to take a look at his book (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NUMV1J4/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_hsch_vapi_tkin_p1_i2). I'm also interested to hear some thoughts about this.

2c5aTlq3nYI
mzCz4wvgdBs
UMqNcoxf0gQ

Aianawa
18th May 2022, 23:40
Will delve asap, may assist some members and moi, to be happier with ourselves.

Wind
19th May 2022, 00:10
In that first video Dr. Doidge talked about autism too. I think he and a great deal of society misunderstand autism. It's not a disease or a deficiency, it's a neurological difference. I really fail to understand that why mankind has the need to label differences as diseases. What the hell is normal anyways? It doesn't seem to be anything too great if you consider where humanity has been taking us and where it's heading to. If you would take the neurological difference from away from certain people then they simply would cease to be themselves, because it's who they are. I have my own theories about this too and some supporting anecdotal data at least. X-Men, anyone?

ifYcE4-eI_s

Aragorn
19th May 2022, 01:37
In that first video Dr. Doidge talked about autism too. I think he and a great deal of society misunderstand autism. It's not a disease or a deficiency, it's a neurological difference. I really fail to understand that why mankind has the need to label differences as diseases

Anyone who labels autism as a disease is a quack in my book.

What the hell is normal anyways? It doesn't seem to be anything too great if you consider where humanity has been taking us and where it's heading to.

Exactly. If I look at what is considered "normal" these days, then I don't want to be "normal". And in addition to that, just think of what the world would have looked like today if there had never been an Isaac Newton, a Thomas Edison, a Nikola Tesla or an Albert Einstein. Or for that matter, an Elon Musk.

Aianawa
26th May 2022, 00:18
If autisym can come about before during or after birth and is a neurological difference, something created that change ?, we are a chemical soup in our make up as such and adding chemicals may cause this and many many other things besides autism imo and experience, jabs is only a facet and maybe a small facet imo and i may be incorrect ( open to being incorrect, too many 2 to 4 year olds going from normal to autistic but you never know for sure imo ), anyways finalllly getting to watch these vids.

Aragorn
26th May 2022, 00:29
If autisym can come about before during or after birth and is a neurological difference, something created that change ?

It doesn't "come about" during or after birth. It's a different type of neurology, and it's genetic, which means that the neurology develops along that way in the early stages of pregnancy — when the brain of the fetus is formed — based upon the genes that the baby inherited from its parents.

Jabs have nothing to do with it, and people do not go from non-autistic to autistic or vice versa.

Aianawa
26th May 2022, 00:40
It doesn't "come about" during or after birth. It's a different type of neurology, and it's genetic, which means that the neurology develops along that way in the early stages of pregnancy — when the brain of the fetus is formed — based upon the genes that the baby inherited from its parents.

Jabs have nothing to do with it, and people do not go from non-autistic to autistic or vice versa.

Not something i have researched too much, talking to parents who have multiple children and watched in direct time their child go from their normal to autistic, they all and am sure many other parents did also, researched massively, all that i know of got the same answer, we may be talking facets here. Getting along with autistic people, especialllly very autistic people is very easy for me since spiritualllly awakening, just being can be a beacon for them, adoring is another beacon, much can depend on their upbringing and docs like the first vid, exploring new options.

Aragorn
26th May 2022, 00:48

Not something i have researched too much, talking to parents who have multiple children and watched in direct time their child go from their normal to autistic

That is only their observation, Vern. They believe that this is what they are observing, but they forget that a very young infant's brain isn't fully developed yet, with as a result that the infant's behavior will change all the time. And then in their non-scientific minds, these parents will link the fact that the infant got jabbed to the change in its observable behavior.

As an example, how often will you not hear parents saying that their babies smile at them? Well, the baby's smile isn't actually a smile, because it doesn't have the fine motor control yet for smiling. So if a baby smiles, then that's just a random muscle contraction.

There are tons of people who think that they are observing that Earth would be flat. And yet, what they think they observe does not correspond to reality. The same is true on account of the "autism and vaccines" debate. And there is also no such thing as an infallible mother's instinct. But sadly enough, people will rather argue than spending a little time on research.

Aianawa
26th May 2022, 02:17
You very well may be completley correct and some or all parents incorrect, there imo is valuable data in seeing a child-babies consciousness change, straight after jab-s, the mental n physical n emotional changes or consciousness change imo is a sign post.

My youngest brother was sent to a ( place ) after birth and as such forgotten about, mum n dad got a phone call when he was fourish, he appeared to be okay ( have always felt there was one of those carers or nurses that be angels was caring for him ) and returned home, could not walk and skipped evreywhere and was always happy, learnt to walk by 5. A strange story, he is nowadays a millionair, competent and happy with four children, all amazing and intelligent.