PDA

View Full Version : Venus is Acting Up

Church
13th November 2013, 19:44
Hey guys. I know it's been a seriously LONG time since I've come back to visit, and I offer my most humble of apologies. I'll certainly be back more in the near future, I promise. Life got in the way for a bit there, and things are calming down again. I have only popped in to say this one thing...

There is something in the sky right now that is NOT venus, but I think it is pretending to be. Stellarium and other similar software shows nothing where the object actually is, but it is "conveniently" close enough to where Venus is supposed to be, so people are going to obviously report that this is Venus. It is not. When I look at the current apparent magnitude of Venus, at "official" sources, the magnitude is way too low to be this super bright, FLASHY object in the sky.

I do not know exactly what it is, but it is not Venus. It is actually brighter than Sirius usually is. I will try to take pictures through my telescope tonight, as I am expecting to have clear skies.

I'll be back soon, I promise! I love and miss you all. :)

- Church

Calz
13th November 2013, 19:48
We love and miss you as well (speaking for myself with a fairly strong expectancy there might be one or two on board :) )

Spiral
13th November 2013, 19:49
It certainly is unusually bright, maybe its quite close at the moment ?

Nice to see you back Church http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll181/moshow1/smilies/cheers.gif (http://media.photobucket.com/user/moshow1/media/smilies/cheers.gif.html)

Altaira
13th November 2013, 19:56
Thanks Church Ill try to see it if the sky is clear but I doubt. I am sure your pictures will be better so dont forget to take some and share :). Glad to see you around. :smile2:

The One
13th November 2013, 20:03
We love and miss you as well (speaking for myself with a fairly strong expectancy there might be one or two on board :) )

I second that brother,hope to see you again very soon :smiley hug:

Church
13th November 2013, 20:24
Not only is the magnitude of Venus at the moment not bright enough to account for this object, but its phase is far from full, too. It just doesn't add up. As if any further evidence were needed, it's worth pointing out that this thing is flashing colors in a way that would make Sirius jealous. Planets don't scintillate. Yes, sometimes, when they are WAY down at the horizon they tend to, but not when they are a good 45 degrees up.

I've just begun looking at Youtube videos and other reports where people are seeing the same thing I'm seeing. Not sure if it's just primarily visible from the eastern seaboard of the U.S., or if it's visible everywhere, but there seem to be a lot of reports coming from near me. I've been watching it for about a month now. Even if it is Venus, that means something HUGE is happening to Venus right now. That's the only possible explanation.

Edit to add: Maybe there's a possibility that it is reacting to comet ISON? Still intuitively feels incorrect though.

Calz
13th November 2013, 20:42
Edit to add: Maybe there's a possibility that it is reacting to comet ISON? Still intuitively feels incorrect though.

That was what first popped into my mind since it is now passed Earth heading for Mercury ... yet I have not pulled up the planetary path charts so I have no idea how close it is coming to Venus.

That said ... anyone have a good look at the Sun lately???

I have to drop my kids every morning driving into that ... and it goes beyond description of how blindingly bright it is.

Nothing akin to my whole life.

Frances
13th November 2013, 21:23
Great your back Church.
You come with mysteries about Venus so I will stay tuned. Looking forward to the unraveling.
Frances.

BabaRa
13th November 2013, 21:36
Well............Hello Church. Good to hear from you!

I tried to pretend to be Venus (de Milo) once - it didn't work!

Seriously though, this could be interesting - perhaps ISON, but............time will tell, maybe.

Highland1
13th November 2013, 22:02
Hey, welcome back Church!

My gut feeling is that something huge is going to happen soon celestially speaking. I can feel it!
I often wonder whether part of the chemtrailing agenda is to limit our access too seeing something they dont want us to see?
Here in the uk, most nights you cannot see any stars because of a disgusting chemical soup blurring our vision caused by the chemtrailing.
For me at least, I somehow think that all the corruption, hording of wealth, storing of dna of pretty much all lifeforms, chemtrailing, dumbing of humanity using mind control is all connected to some sort of celestial event........?
In the grand scheme of things, everything seems planned, possibly even the universe.
The truth of the matter is I want something to happen. I want to believe that something bigger than us can help humanity regain its sovereignity and co exist at one, with all lifeforms in harmony.

I can wish.......

To add weight to the above please watch this short video on how bad things really are. Especially the end where a chemtrail pilot declares......." this is part of a necessary evil!"

http://youtu.be/cvBno2M-5uA

Russ

Church
14th November 2013, 00:34
Well that was anticlimactic.

I didn't bother taking pictures because basically, when I pointed the telescope up there and lined it up, all I saw was Venus. So, I guess it's Venus after all. But I don't understand why it was scintillating so much all this time, which, by the way, it was NOT doing tonight. I swear I get the impression that I jinx myself by pointing cameras and telescopes at things... much in a Schrodinger's cat kind of a way, I think.

One thing that surprised me, though, was when my wife said, "It's brightening, right now! It knows you are trying to find it!" while I was trying to locate it on the big lens.

All I know is I have been watching it, and it has been 40 degrees or more above the horizon, in the SSW sky. It has been scintillating colorfully, which planets shouldn't be doing when that high up. Some nights, it would even look like it was actually 2 pinpoints of light! Like, maybe, you would expect to see a binary star system if you were close enough to one to see it with your naked eye. But I have been very busy lately with lots of things, and not using the internet very much. So today I finally looked around YouTube and even places like BIN and GLP, and it appears that many others are seeing this too! It's times when that happens that save my sanity, lol. I couldn't be hallucinating if others are seeing it too.

One of the better videos I've seen of this "object" show it to look like one of those pyramid shaped UFOs that I saw in Malc's thread.

I'll report back if I learn anything else... This wouldn't be so difficult if there wasn't so much light pollution. That's the reason why I only see one or 2 bright stars in the sky at once, ever. So naturally when something is as bright as this, when almost no other stars make it through the light pollution, I take notice. I need to get out of the city and take a look.

(sorry for the false (?) alarm)

Church
14th November 2013, 01:23
Russ, it's funny you bring up the chemtrails, because that's another thought I've been having... Is what I'm seeing just distortions that come from the oil slick in the sky? In all honesty I don't see anything visible up there to substantiate that idea, meaning, on the nights when I am looking at, er, Venus, the sky is very clear. So it's not like I'm looking through smog clouds or anything... It's, clear on these nights! So I don't get it.

I need to research the idea that ISON is causing some kind of visual anomaly with Venus. Aren't comets magnetic? Maybe this is some kind of magnetic interaction like borealis? Maybe Venus is traveling through ISON's ion tail?

*Something* is happening. I watch the sky all the time... Something different is happening with Venus...

Wolf Khan
14th November 2013, 01:33
Its great to hear from you again Church, it been far too long. Welcome back. ;)

The One
14th November 2013, 06:15
I have always had this strange feeling that Venus is not what it is.

Basically we are not being told the truth about our planets but hey that's no suprise

Cearna
14th November 2013, 07:06
I have no more ideas than you have, but before I read what Russ said I went off into some idea along those lines.

Before I go too far, I saw on some video, some time back so I have no idea of whom it was, but they were saying something to the effect that Earth not only has its own obit about the sun, but we move in an orbit to other parts of the Universe, and it takes a very long time to do so.

think, we were in what they were calling the darker part of the Universe, and that was what was making the changes in our lives. We were in the Golden Age when we were in this part of the Universe before, but then people realised they were gradually moving further and further into the Darker parts and during that time we went back, supposedly to the Stone Age, then Bronze Age then Iron age and we are now moving back towards the Golden Age again as were land ourselves into this part of space. It doesn't look different because all of our neighbours in space move with us, but this part of space leads to a brighter, more evolutionary opening to what we are and what we can be.

By the same token we have been going through some pretty touch times, especially in America since your astrology in the last few years (about 10) has been one effected by Pluto and Uranus in particular, but they are moving on into a place not quite as bad as it was and within 2 years will have moved on somewhat so the weirdness that comes with Uranus and the throes you have had to go through to see the many ills that have been explicit to us in daily life have to be seen, recognised and removed from our life. We still go through this but there is a feeling gradually emerging of changes that will take place that will take the horrors we had to face and renew us to see what is able to be done to fix those up.

So many people are having these feelings of something in the wings that will give us a change in what we are and do, and I suppose I see it as the more you feel optimistic the more we will manifest that in some way, that is more apparently bright and clear and clean than what we have gone through. If you like more positive about the future, the more you feel it the more you will show yourself that this is what you are feeling - so as you are inside, so it is outside manifesting in your environment.

lookbeyond
14th November 2013, 07:27
Hey guys. I know it's been a seriously LONG time since I've come back to visit, and I offer my most humble of apologies. I'll certainly be back more in the near future, I promise. Life got in the way for a bit there, and things are calming down again. I have only popped in to say this one thing...

There is something in the sky right now that is NOT venus, but I think it is pretending to be. Stellarium and other similar software shows nothing where the object actually is, but it is "conveniently" close enough to where Venus is supposed to be, so people are going to obviously report that this is Venus. It is not. When I look at the current apparent magnitude of Venus, at "official" sources, the magnitude is way too low to be this super bright, FLASHY object in the sky.

I do not know exactly what it is, but it is not Venus. It is actually brighter than Sirius usually is. I will try to take pictures through my telescope tonight, as I am expecting to have clear skies.

I'll be back soon, I promise! I love and miss you all. :)

- Church

Church, i have to agree, the extreme size and brightness has often made me catch my breath in the past several months, i dont remember Venus being like this ever in my life and im no spring chicken,lb

Sooz
14th November 2013, 08:45
Great to see you back Churchy. Love Sooz:smiley hug:

Church
14th November 2013, 11:34
Good to be here, everyone, thank you for the warmth. :)

I need to clarify and say that, before, when I said Venus is brighter than sirius usually is, what I meant to say was that it is scintillating more than sirius does. Venus is definitely brighter than sirius, so I don't want to confuse anyone. But Venus is not supposed to flash colors!

Colleen, I like what you said, bringing in our larger transit through the universe into the picture. That made me think more! And Malc, you really are on point with what I'm actually thinking about the whole deal! :)

I am going to come out and say it: I don't think The Venus in our sky is what we are being told it is. Either that, or something else is making sure that it "inserts" itself between us and the "real Venus" so that we see it instead. Or, maybe it's a ship or being that actually "launched" from Venus and is heading right toward us.

Here's another theory I had right before drifting off to sleep last night... Don't laugh... Maybe it's the fabled Blue Kachina? I have actually never been one to speak of or even think about much of the Hopi motifs, but it popped into my head after clearing my thoughts for my nighttime, pre-sleep meditation.

I woke up this morning with a strong impression that it doesn't even necessarily matter what it is... All ancient scriptures around the world have said that there will be signs in the sky that would let us know when things are happening, and so it must mean something when we notice anomalies.

mojo
14th November 2013, 15:12
Hi Church,
It sounds like your still out there sky watching, thats neat...& nice to see you back online.

Church
14th November 2013, 18:50
Yessir I am. :)

By the way... I have isolated those strange beeps of yours... Let me go send you a PM right now. ;)

Calz
15th November 2013, 01:08
Well that was anticlimactic.

The impact ISON had on Mars was dramatic (at least visually from Earth) but very shortlived.

Perhaps there was something there (Venus) and the time has passed.

*If* ISON survives it's close path around the Sun then it is projected to come close to Earth coming back ...

TWT ...

Church
15th November 2013, 15:34
Okay, so I have been studying my ass off, looking at any and every astronomy website I can find, and now I can safely say that this thing *is* in the place that Venus is supposed to be. The current "conjunction" (or whatever the correct word is) between Earth and Venus does explain its position in the sky at the moment. It's just dancing around and flickering in a manner that I've never seen a planet do before. So I will go ahead and call this object Venus. I still think something weird is going on, but I can't prove anything anomalous is happening, so I will just say that Venus is acting up.

That being said, I did find out that wherever I checked before to find out its apparent magnitude at the moment was wrong. Having checked on numerous charts since then, they are all corroborating that it is at a bright magnitude, even though it is only at a crescent phase. So its brightness checks out. I simply need to make sense out of the flickering and the scintillating. So I have been looking into the possibility of ISON's effects on Venus. Haven't found any evidence of such, but it turns out that Mars was completely enveloped in its coma, after having a magnetic interaction with it, so why couldn't Venus? All I can safely say is, the skies are filled with activity at the moment, and everyone should keep there necks craned upward, in my opinion. :)

Also, many people aren't aware of it, but for the record, there is a much brighter comet in the sky right now. It's being referred to as another comet Lovejoy, as it was discovered by the amateur astronomer that discovered the last "comet Lovejoy" from 2011. Anyway, it's right between Cancer and Leo, directly overhead in the middle of the night, early morning. I'm going to try to see it tonight. I woke up early to see ISON today but it was cloudy. :(

Spiral
15th November 2013, 16:41
Could the scintillating effect be caused by Venus being low in the sky ? Therefore you are looking through more atmosphere than something overhead, this also has a magnifying effect.

Church
15th November 2013, 17:06
That's the thing... it's not low at all! It's fairly high up right now! I think, I want to say, I read that it is like 45 degrees inclined from the Sun or something like that. So, if you think about it, that's high up. I usually don't see the bright stars (like Betelgeuse and Arcturus) start scintillating wildly like that until they are even lower in the sky! So, I find it to be very strange. If you want, you could plug in 27 degrees N into a program like Stellarium and see the sky as I see it, and I think you will agree that that is very high up for something, especially a planet, to be scintillating.

Spiral
15th November 2013, 17:19
Wow you are far south !

I'm at 43° n and its only just visible above a dip in the hills for a short while here, maybe 15° up max.

Church
15th November 2013, 17:30
Yep. I can also see the Southern Cross for most of the year. :) It's pretty cool, but at the same time, it also is weird because the North Star is not very high up in the sky, even though I'm in the northern hemisphere, lol. In fact, now that I think about it, Venus is about as high up in the sky right now as the North Star always is.

So yeah, Venus "shouldn't" be flickering the way it is. I say that in quotes because, I don't know, what do I know? I'm trying to learn, here, and I'm far from authoritative on the subject.

Church
15th November 2013, 18:34
Hey Spiral (or Malc or Barbara), can you change the title of this thread to "Venus is acting up" please? The current title is obsolete, lol.

Spiral
15th November 2013, 18:38
Hey Spiral (or Malc or Barbara), can you change the title of this thread to "Venus is acting up" please? The current title is obsolete, lol.

Done http://www.jonrb.com/emoticons/thumbsup.gif