PDA

View Full Version : Why It is Important to Add Alkaline Foods to Your Diet

BabaRa
13th November 2013, 19:19
Our bodies are designed to consume alkaline foods, such as bananas, avocados, carrots, celery and berries, in order to function properly. Eating this type of food on a regular basis can help stabilize the pH level of our blood. Since the blood in our bodies is naturally acidic, it is crucial that we have the right amount of alkaline in our bloodstream in order to function properly. Adding more alkaline foods to your diet plan can help your body perform better and allow it to fight against the harmful effects of oxidation and viruses.

Apples, apricots and alfalfa sprouts are alkaline foods that aid in digestion and contain a large amount of fiber. These foods have a pH level of 8, which can help regulate the pH level of your blood. They are also rich in helpful enzymes that can help you to maintain a normal and healthy hormonal balance.

Foods like grapes, passion fruit, pineapple, raisins and pears are high in antioxidants such as vitamins A, B and C. These foods are blood-regulating, which mean that they help lower blood pressure levels and reduce your risk of developing heart disease. Pineapple is high in L-carnitine; this is an ingredient that uses body fat for energy and is essential for trimming down if you are overweight.

Vegetable juice is another good choice if you want to add more alkaline foods to your diet. These healthy and delicious juices can add more iron to your diet and can help with cellular detoxification.

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/042859_alkaline_foods_healthy_diet_pH_balance.html #ixzz2kYhSj4gO

Note: I have personally had lots of success in staying healthy, by keeping my body balanced within the framework of an alkaline/acidic. It's really simple and you don't have to deny yourself what you like as long as you balance it with the opposite.

Most of us in the Western world have too much acid in our diets; an easy fix is lemon in your tea or eat an orange. We think of citrus as acidic, but according to the alkaline/acidic charts, they are alkaline and great balancers. Try it.

jimmer
13th November 2013, 19:46
don't forget raw almonds.
good for lots of things. (http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=20)

Altaira
13th November 2013, 20:02
Note: I have personally had lots of success in staying healthy, by keeping my body balanced within the framework of an alkaline/acidic. It's really simple and you don't have to deny yourself what you like as long as you balance it with the opposite.

Most of us in the Western world have too much acid in our diets; an easy fix is lemon in your tea or eat an orange. We think of citrus as acidic, but according to the alkaline/acidic charts, they are alkaline and great balancers. Try it.

Lemon is considered as one of the the most alkaline foods so it is a good practice in the morning to take a glass with warm water and lemon juice in it.