PDA

View Full Version : Lloyd Pye - Everything You Know Is Wrong

Tribe
12th November 2013, 19:03
http://youtu.be/pe6DN1OoxjE

Calz
12th November 2013, 19:23
Problem being this seems to be an endless loop ...

Whenever "we" reach a point of feeling what "we" know is right ... then reality collapses and we are right back "there" yet again.

Perhaps just me ... perhaps not?

lookbeyond
12th November 2013, 23:10
No Calz, im finding that too, wonder if we will be up against this not only when we pass over, but for all eternity-now theres a thought...

Calabash
13th November 2013, 12:30

Whenever "we" reach a point of feeling what "we" know is right ... then reality collapses and we are right back "there" yet again.

Not just you Calz - it's like bloody Groundhog Day for all of us.

BabaRa
13th November 2013, 18:02

I'd like to phrase it another way: We think we know what's right, and then suddenly we realize it's not, but - that knowledge, which we now know is not "right", brought us up another rung on the ladder of understanding.

Does that make sense. We needed to know that information in order to understand the next piece. It's rather like Newtonian physics - we had to wrap our minds around it in order to get to Quantum physics, which then blew Newtonian physics out of the water, but was a necessary step.

Look at how you've (we've) grown Calz, with all those wrong "rights".

Tribe
31st July 2014, 14:21
http://youtu.be/5KWQ9hm2ZOk

Richard D Hall interviews Lloyed. a interesting take on the human race.

KosmicKat
1st August 2014, 10:53
I'd like to phrase it another way: We think we know what's right, and then suddenly we realize it's not, but - that knowledge, which we now know is not "right", brought us up another rung on the ladder of understanding.

Does that make sense. We needed to know that information in order to understand the next piece. It's rather like Newtonian physics - we had to wrap our minds around it in order to get to Quantum physics, which then blew Newtonian physics out of the water, but was a necessary step.

Look at how you've (we've) grown Calz, with all those wrong "rights".

One of my favorite quotes (not sure but I think it might be Feynman) about quantum physicists:

"We all gather around the blackboard and explain to each other what none of us understands"