PDA

View Full Version : The Wheat and the Tares

Mark
16th September 2013, 12:57
http://www.zengardner.com/wp-content/uploads/tares.jpg

The Wheat and the Tares

“The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field. But while everyone was sleeping, his enemy came and sowed weeds among the wheat, and went away. When the wheat sprouted and formed heads, then the weeds also appeared.

“The owner’s servants came to him and said, ‘Sir, didn’t you sow good seed in your field? Where then did the weeds come from?’

“‘An enemy did this,’ he replied.

“The servants asked him, ‘Do you want us to go and pull them up?’

“‘No,’ he answered, ‘because while you are pulling the weeds, you may uproot the wheat with them. Let both grow together until the harvest. At that time I will tell the harvesters: First collect the weeds and tie them in bundles to be burned; then gather the wheat and bring it into my barn.’

16th September 2013, 13:04
I don't understand why the harvesters are capable of seperation but the servants apparently would just go haphazardly ripping anything out the turf. One can only presume that appropriate training had been given to the harvesters or that the correct PPE was not available to the lower working class.

Aside from this gaping chasm in logic, the message is lovely though.

Spiral
16th September 2013, 15:01
I don't understand why the harvesters are capable of seperation but the servants apparently would just go haphazardly ripping anything out the turf. One can only presume that appropriate training had been given to the harvesters or that the correct PPE was not available to the lower working class.

Are you sugesting that there is an upper working class or middle class who do the harvesting ? Were the Judeans British ?

Wheres the chasm in logic ? If you damage the roots of an already dead & dry shoot of wheat it makes no difference, if you damage the wheat whilst its green & growing you will lose your crop.

dianna
16th September 2013, 16:34
i don't understand why the harvesters are capable of seperation but the servants apparently would just go haphazardly ripping anything out the turf. One can only presume that appropriate training had been given to the harvesters or that the correct ppe was not available to the lower working class.

lol

Spiral
16th September 2013, 16:40
lol

For Gods sake don't encourage him ! ;)

Eelco
16th September 2013, 17:18
wouldn't it be nice if we would wage wars this way? sowing weeds in our enemies crops. or calling them names. you know childish prank stuff.

with love
eelco

Mark
16th September 2013, 17:57
wouldn't it be nice if we would wage wars this way? sowing weeds in our enemies crops. or calling them names. you know childish prank stuff.

with love
eelco

er....wouldnt it be nice not to have to? :-)

Seikou-Kishi
17th September 2013, 00:24

What's Politics, Philosophy and Economics got to do with this? Other than the economics of crop management, the politics of class systems and the philosophy of looking for logical integrity, of course.

Although Spiral makes a good point; a farmer doesn't care if his wheat dies, as long as it's yielded grain for him first lol.

KosmicKat
17th September 2013, 12:24
Are you sugesting that there is an upper working class or middle class who do the harvesting ? Were the Judeans British ?

Wheres the chasm in logic ? If you damage the roots of an already dead & dry shoot of wheat it makes no difference, if you damage the wheat whilst its green & growing you will lose your crop.

Not only so, but when the green shoots first appear it takes an expert to identify which are going to be weeds, and which the longed-for crop.

17th September 2013, 13:33
Ok ok! :flag:

I was making a joke that I am evidently alone in!

:pc:

Highland1
17th September 2013, 17:36
Weeds are a life form too, many are edible and have tremendous health benefits, even the ones in your gardens.

However there is a weed I like to burn..................... daily!

just saying..... :hilarious:

Russ

Seikou-Kishi
17th September 2013, 17:51
Weeds are a life form too, many are edible and have tremendous health benefits, even the ones in your gardens.

However there is a weed I like to burn..................... daily!

just saying..... :hilarious:

Russ

Watch it now, Russ, you're talking about drugs — which is fine — but you're verging on joking!

Mark
17th September 2013, 18:09
Ok Ok, I thought what a nice little metaphor....sheesh, this delightful innocent metaphor has metamorphosed into some hideous creature that is to befuddle and muddle and generally mock the sane minded, think capitalism.

17th September 2013, 18:14
Watch it now, Russ, you're talking about drugs — which is fine — but you're verging on joking!

Despite the cute little smiley that says otherwise I dare say Russ is being deadly serious! I very strongly agree with him here too!!

On which note........be back soon :garden:

Melidae
17th September 2013, 18:22

OMG! It's taken this American quite a while to finally 'get' your sense of humor...and I got it this time! :winner:

I was sure I got it right with dianna's "lol" and Spirit Walker post, "For Gods sake don't encourage him!"...and chuckled all the more.

Perhaps a small thing to some, but looms large in my journey seeking understanding that brings people closer...like learning a foreign language. http://www.pic4ever.com/images/4chsmu1.gif

17th September 2013, 18:25
OMG! It's taken this American quite a while to finally 'get' your sense of humor...and I got it this time! :winner:

I was sure I got it right with dianna's "lol" and Spirit Walker post, "For Gods sake don't encourage him!"...and chuckled all the more.

Perhaps a small thing to some, but looms large in my journey seeking understanding that brings people closer...like learning a foreign language. http://www.pic4ever.com/images/4chsmu1.gif

Ahh bless you! English sarcasm is said dead pan leaving the recipient wondering if it's serious or not, for some reason this adds humour to our already warped minds. :crazy:

Melidae
17th September 2013, 18:33
Wow, Russ, I have some weeds in my garden that have leaves that look just like the ones on the jpeg you posted, plus they have these cute little buds growing on the ends of each 'limb'. Medicinal herb, I believe...ones the bees around here just won't leave alone. Legal to grow indoors or outdoors in my state with this magic little card my son got from a place called CannaMed.

17th September 2013, 18:38
Wow, Russ, I have some weeds in my garden that have leaves that look just like the ones on the jpeg you posted, plus they have these cute little buds growing on the ends of each 'limb'. Medicinal herb, I believe...ones the bees around here just won't leave alone. Legal to grow indoors or outdoors in my state with this magic little card my son got from a place called CannaMed.

Hahaha. How fortunate, caring and considerate of your son. I, on the other hand, have absolutely no idea what you're talking about of course....

:hiding:

Melidae
17th September 2013, 18:44
Ahh bless you! English sarcasm is said dead pan leaving the recipient wondering if it's serious or not, for some reason this adds humour to our already warped minds. :crazy:

I need to learn how to do that. How much fun would it be to use that on Americans who are not known for their subtlety!

Oh...wait...I guess you do know how much fun that is already! :p

17th September 2013, 19:08
I need to learn how to do that. How much fun would it be to use that on Americans who are not known for their subtlety!

Oh...wait...I guess you do know how much fun that is already! :p

LOL! Well I didn't like to say....

Melidae
17th September 2013, 19:23
Ok Ok, I thought what a nice little metaphor....sheesh, this delightful innocent metaphor has metamorphosed into some hideous creature that is to befuddle and muddle and generally mock the sane minded, think capitalism.

So sorry for the mess we made all over your thread, WMG. It really started out well...I mean, the op was...umm, metaphors can mean all kinds of things to all kinds of people...

Mark
17th September 2013, 19:39
well seeing as you are the only one to be courteous you are forgiven, as for the "others", lets just say they are a law unto themselves.....sad, and i thought they were my friends...

Seikou-Kishi
17th September 2013, 19:46
well seeing as you are the only one to be courteous you are forgiven, as for the "others", lets just say they are a law unto themselves.....sad, and i thought they were my friends...

Better to find out sooner rather than later :P

Altaira
17th September 2013, 20:34
I am a bit confused here. WMG in this thread, did you mean to elaborate on the revelation in biblical terms or just intended to check how witty all TOTers are? I am not sure if this is another thread for a jokes or as it was already mentioned some for of humor or what did you mean by posting this:interview: prophetic quote??:tea:

KosmicKat
17th September 2013, 23:32

On a lighter note, our garden gave us a delicious squash today. Not planted this year, but allowed to grow unhindered.

Mark
18th September 2013, 05:49
Har Har Har, thats what endears me about this wonderful place, the strange unfoldment of ideas and thoughts, charming and enlighteng and never dull.

In response to your question Altaira, I am not entirely certain on the why, lets put it down to whimsy and curiosity :-)

Altaira
18th September 2013, 10:47
I still think that there is different intention rather than curiosity WMG but since you say so ...

http://www.agnusday.org/strips/Matthew13v24to43_2002.jpg

Mark
18th September 2013, 11:09
Look, if you makes you feel any better, I will proclaim my ignorance for all to bear witness, I honestly had no idea it was taken from the Christian bible, and do you know...so what if it was, I liked it and wanted to share :D

:unity:

Sooz
18th September 2013, 11:15
Look, if you makes you feel any better, I will proclaim my ignorance for all to bear witness, I honestly had no idea it was taken from the Christian bible, and do you know...so what if it was, I liked it and wanted to share :D

Amen.

Altaira
18th September 2013, 11:38
I honestly had no idea it was taken from the Christian bible, and do you know...so what if it was, I liked it and wanted to share :D

I just wanted to say that there are no coincidences and you might want to find out more about it. This might give you an answer youve been looking for. :tea::belief:

Mark
18th September 2013, 19:23
Well.......what an interesting turn of events.

It seems your intuition Altaira was spot on!

Some one had sent me a PM earlier in relation to the parable that I posted (and incidentally had no idea it was from the bible and revelations, really should actually read it now!).

Here is some of the message:

"" The Parable of the Weeds Explained:

36 Then he left the crowd and went into the house. His disciples came to him and said, “Explain to us the parable of the weeds in the field.”

37 He answered, “The one who sowed the good seed is the Son of Man. 38 The field is the world, and the good seed stands for the people of the kingdom. The weeds are the people of the evil one, 39 and the enemy who sows them is the devil. The harvest is the end of the age, and the harvesters are angels.

40 “As the weeds are pulled up and burned in the fire, so it will be at the end of the age. 41 The Son of Man will send out his angels, and they will weed out of his kingdom everything that causes sin and all who do evil. 42 They will throw them into the blazing furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. 43 Then the righteous will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Whoever has ears, let them hear.".. http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...43&version=NIV"

I had never read this either, but as I read this just before I left work today this line hit me...hard:

"The harvest is the end of the age, and the harvesters are angels."

You know when you experience something of huge significance, that feeling you get when all time stops, well it happened when I read the above sentence.

I know you all probably know I have a deep interest in the angelic realm, well it was not just because of that, and yet it was, hard to articulate, it was recognition but from a very deep level within, that's all I can offer....

Feeling a little astounded and buoyed by this "revelation", I left work and got into my car. We are situated in a quiet business park. I turned out of the car park on to the main stretch as usual. What I saw next was confirmation of what I had just read.

I was around 60 yards from a roundabout, visibility was good and the weather was dry and bright enough. There were no other cars around me or people. As I was approaching I immediately noticed a very bright light suspended approximately five feet from the ground just to the left centre of the roundabout. As I approached closer, never leaving my eyes from the object I began to realise it was a pristine white feather about three inches across. The feather was somehow reflecting the sun's light and appeared very bright but what stunned me was the fact it was suspended at that height and point absolutely dead still, as if it was painted onto a canvas?

I was slowing the car and still it remained perfectly still, as if an invisible hand was holding it aloft for me to see. Then when I became several feet away it softly fell with a sideways motion to the ground as if the wind had blown it from its position.

I approximate the whole time this feather remained suspended in the same place was about 5-6 seconds, it does not sound like a lot but when the leaves are blowing around the road and then you realise this is not floating but fixed in one point it is quite a shock albeit a pleasant one :-)

This experience is further substantiated by an earlier experience I had in the year which was identical in nature apart from reading anything just prior.

I was driving my son from his football training and I asked internally if ArchAngel Michael would give me a sign, and almost immediately, there again I saw a bright pristine feather some fifty feet away, a little higher this time at around seven feet from the floor, suspended in one exact point and refused to move even a little as I was drawing closer, eventually as I drove beneath this in awe, it began to fall. Then in the distance there was a huge flash of dark electric blue light!. I tried to imagine that it may have been emergency services, but there was no siren, there was only one flash, there was no sign of an emergency vehicle, but the most convincing evidence was the coverage of the flash of light and also the colour, as I said it was a much darker electric blue colour than the lighter blue the emergency vehicles use (yes, in one of my jobs I used to do demonstrations of fire engines across the country so I know this colour well lol).

So, in retrospect, I had a double confirmation as both experiences add much more weight to the individual experiences by happening twice now.

Now I need to decide whether tonight's display was a means to relay that I am on the right trail in relation to the parable, or simply a display to let me/US know they are all around us, helping, guiding, protecting, comforting.

I was also shell shocked when it dawned upon me in which the way these loving intelligent entities operate. To KNOW what I had read silently, and then to set up this elaborate experience for me, such a beautiful exhibition of weaving their intentions so perfectly timed and orchestrated within the dream world we co-exist, perfection.....

Many thanks to the member here who has shown me I am still on the right path, it is an honour to share it with all of you x

Namaste

Mark

http://www.gatheringangels.com/userimages/iStock_000004611219Small.jpg

Spiral
18th September 2013, 19:33
WMG you need to read the Bible dude, esp the stuff at the end, but don't get one that has the word yah**h in it where God or Lord is supposed to be, get a King James or an NSRV version (the latter is Cathlolic Bible & has more books in the Old Testament)

Its important to know whats in it, even if just for cultural reasons.

Mark
18th September 2013, 19:36
WMG you need to read the Bible dude, esp the stuff at the end, but don't get one that has the word yah**h in it where God or Lord is supposed to be, get a King James or an NSRV version (the latter is Cathlolic Bible & has more books in the Old Testament)

Its important to know whats in it, even if just for cultural reasons.

I always thought it was part of the programming?

Are you telling me its legit?

Spiral
18th September 2013, 19:40
I always thought it was part of the programming?

Are you telling me its legit?

Its more nuanced than that, read it with your eyes open & ask for guidance.

Altaira
18th September 2013, 20:16
SW is right the bible has different meanings for people who are on different levels of spiritual development. It depends how wide your eyes are open :) :belief:

18th September 2013, 21:38
I'm over the harvest moon for you Brother!!! You are on the path of understanding the parable in a timely manner and also privy to the spectacle of the other realm. That is an honour, especially on the latter. There is therefore no "need to decide". It is evidently apparent that you are protected (remember today's email?). I'm sooooooo happy for you mabrotherfromanothermother!

modwiz
18th September 2013, 23:52
This thread could also be called the Wheat and the Tards, for those who don't understand.:hilarious:

Cearna
19th September 2013, 03:03
Good one WMG!!! What a happening for you.

Mark
19th September 2013, 05:53
This thread could also be called the Wheat and the Tards, for those who don't understand.:hilarious:

So please help to enlighten those who fall so short Modwiz instead of name calling, hardly the expectation one assumes from a great and powerul wizard!

I suppose hollywood must partake of its share of blame....