PDA

View Full Version : Are werewolves real?

Tribe
7th November 2013, 12:29
Are werewolves real? Have you ever seen a real werewolf? Don't be too quick to discount this ancient cryptid. The legend of the werewolf must have started somewhere and most legends have their basis in reality.

http://youtu.be/98CZ13Iq220

BabaRa
7th November 2013, 19:48
Are humans real?!!?!?............ and Tribe, please don't think I'm making light of your question.

I believe there are many dimensions - and many people of old, weren't as locked into just this dimension, so they were able to see thru veils at times.

I often wonder, where are all those worlds I create while I'm dreaming.

Tribe
7th November 2013, 19:50
BabaRa I couldn't agree with you more darling ;) x

Frances
7th November 2013, 23:38
If I believe Sasquatch can move from one dimension to another, then I have to accept that it is possible for Dog People to be able to do the same.
Frances.

Wolf Khan
8th November 2013, 06:41
Well vampires are real. what do you think the dark ones are, why wouldn't werewolves exist either, as well as other so called nightmarish creatures, as well.

modwiz
8th November 2013, 06:57
If Warren Zevon sang about one, they must exist. At least in London.

"He's a hairy chested gent, who ran amok in Kent. Ahwooo".

Spiral
8th November 2013, 08:37
If Warren Zevon sang about one, they must exist. At least in London.

"He's a hairy chested gent, who ran amok in Kent. Ahwooo".

:hilarious:

Thanks for the laugh !

Tonz
8th November 2013, 12:57
Why are werewolves called were--wolves, whats the were bit.
They were cloths until they turn wolf?
were 's the wolf?
wolf!... were?
were wolves always were wolves should be?
what is were?

The One
8th November 2013, 13:09
Why are werewolves called were--wolves, whats the were bit.
They were cloths until they turn wolf?
were 's the wolf?
wolf!... were?
were wolves always were wolves should be?
what is were?

The word werewolf continues a late Old English wer(e)wulf, a compound of were "adult male human" and wulf "wolf". The only Old High German testimony is in the form of a given name, Weriuuolf, although an early Middle High German werwolf is found in Burchard of Worms and Berthold of Regensburg. The word or concept does not occur in medieval German poetry or fiction, gaining popularity only from the 15th century. Middle Latin gerulphus Anglo-Norman garwalf, Old Frankish *wariwulf.[3] [4] Old Norse had the cognate varúlfur, but because of the high importance of werewulves in Norse mythology, there were alternative terms such as ulfhéðinn ("one in wolf-skin", referring still to the totemistic/cultic adoption of wolf-nature rather than the superstitious belief in actual shape-shifting). In modern Scandinavian also kveldulf "evening-wolf", presumably after the name of Kveldulf Bjalfason, a historical berserker of the 9th century who figures in the Icelandic sagas.

Got you this info from here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Werewolf

Tonz
10th November 2013, 12:50
The word werewolf continues a late Old English wer(e)wulf, a compound of were "adult male human" and wulf "wolf".

this part makes a little sense to me until we get to a female ,what's the opposite sex to were?

checking it out a wiki page had this:

The feminine equivalent of the old English wer is wif, which is thought to be the root of the modern English words wife and woman. Thus it stands to reason that a female 'werewolf', as it were, should be referred to as either a wifwolf or a wowolf (if following the same etymology of the word woman).

You know when I started my relationship with my miss's all those years ago i would say she was more a'' WO'' than a wolf,these days i think the country may be true.

nobody send her a copy of this as she'll probably eat me for breakfast in the morning.! lol.