PDA

View Full Version : How to Make Thieves Oil and Why You Should Be Using it Daily

thetimeisright
1st February 2020, 20:34
Most of you probably know what Thieves Oil is, but if not have I got a story for you?! The name and recipe for Thieves Oil have an interesting backstory and explains why this blend of oils is so good for you.

The recipe varies and dates back to the Middle Ages where Thieves Oil kept a group of merchants safe from the Black Plague. The mixtures of antiseptic, antibacterial, and antimicrobial properties were able to stave off the Plague and keep these merchants safe.

https://www.healthy-holistic-living.com/how-to-make-thieves-oil/?t=MAM&fbclid=IwAR11oaw7f9M9KcAJ5UqkAoPcpsqHeSsiJsbkVoM5s WhiN7Cb5SLB9YjNJPw

Aianawa
2nd February 2020, 09:48
So interesting, thankyou

Dreamtimer
5th February 2020, 13:24
I like how there are a few different formulations. My mother in law was a big fan of essential oils for many years. She was a bit ahead of her time. She had a very good diet, explored the power of the mind, and used holistic medicine. She had a long life.

thetimeisright
5th February 2020, 15:29
Hi dreamtimer, one should always listen to their mother in law lol, i hope to get the ingredients tomorrow, i then will make my first bottle.

Tribe
14th July 2020, 22:54
It's a essential for any home and so lovely to use in a bath when feeling a cold coming. Essential oils and terpines are hugely important for us all.

Aianawa
14th July 2020, 23:00
Terpines ? can you save me googling lol, you appear wise on this , can you share more on your Theives recipe ?

Tribe
14th July 2020, 23:10
Terpenes are highly aromatic compounds that determine the smell of many plants and herbs, such as rosemary and lavender, and some animals. Cannabis plants have a huge variety and many people choose strains for their terpines.

Terpines also attract and repel all sorts of insects and help in attracting pollenators.

They affect your mood as do essential oils alongside the healing capabilitys for many symptoms.

I will share my recipe for the oil although we call it pirate oil it's basically the same. You can switch up some of the essential oils if you wish I will give a idea of variety if you'd like.

Aianawa
14th July 2020, 23:45
Indeed, please.

Lord Sidious
15th July 2020, 18:59
Hi dreamtimer, one should always listen to their mother in law lol, i hope to get the ingredients tomorrow, i then will make my first bottle.

Unless you can outrun her............

Tribe
15th July 2020, 20:07
Unless you can outrun her............

How fast can you run ya nugget :p I bet it would be super fast if I lob a oggy past ya :bolt: x

Tribe
15th July 2020, 20:26
Indeed, please.

Ok so the blend I use is clove , Lemon, cinnamon , Rosemary, Eucalyptus .

You can swap the eucalyptus for tea tree and Rosemary for lavender if you prefer . :)

Lord Sidious
16th July 2020, 14:10
How fast can you run ya nugget :p I bet it would be super fast if I lob a oggy past ya :bolt: x

I can break the speed of sound in that situation nugg

Emil El Zapato
16th July 2020, 14:12
you don't have to run faster than the lion, just faster than the other guy ... :)

Tribe
16th July 2020, 14:18
I can break the speed of sound in that situation nugg

yeah I thought as much :smile2:

Dreamtimer
17th July 2020, 12:32
Thanks for sharing your blend, Tribe. Pirate oil, I like it. (I have a skewed and fictitious idea of pirates, i.e. movies, festivals)