PDA

View Full Version : Mainstream TV in Oz - Discussion of Conspiracy Theories

Sooz
5th November 2013, 05:13
Just by fluke I happened to see an ad for this tonight.

Channel 10 here in Oz is as mainstream as you can get. I've never watched this programme, but it is not a serious channel by any stretch of the imagination. Strangely enough their tagline is.....'seriously'.:hilarious:

If you click on the poll at the end, you can see what angle they will be taking - mockery and ridicule.

I suppose I will have to watch it, if only to know what others will say to me about it.....:(

http://tenplay.com.au/channel-ten/the-project/top-stories/one-big-conspiracy

Cheers,
Sooz

Tonz
5th November 2013, 06:02
ohhhh sooz it sounds like a corny diss info show

the first line cracked me up
" The moon landing was faked. 9/11 was an inside job. Elvis is alive. "

but probably well worth the watch,to see how the so called explainable is explained to leave it unexplained. lol.

Sooz
5th November 2013, 06:36
(For some reason I can't thank your post, so consider it thanked, lol).

Yes of course it's disinfo and also to put a wet blanket over the whole lot of alternative media. It's going to be mega cringe-worthy.

You can't get any worse than Channel Ten for garbage.

Sooz
5th November 2013, 07:21
Next time I link to something on MSM, can someone kindly give me a big, metaphorical slap upside the head?

That is half an hour of my life I won't get back. And it was only for 4 short minutes at the end.

Total garbage.

Its only purpose is as I said, for mockery and ridicule. No intelligent discourse whatsoever.

I should have known better.:crazy:

lookbeyond
5th November 2013, 08:05
Its ok Sooz, this is what we are up against, but you know the tide is turning, as i said in a post many moons ago, my children attend catholic school for lack of choice and there are awake young people EVERYWHERE!!

KosmicKat
5th November 2013, 11:29
Just keep dropping pebbles in the pond. Eventually there will be enough that you can walk across.

I recently posted on FB (Nov. 1st):

Conspiracy theorists are all nutjobs. Right? um ... right? um ... er ... how about /some/ conspiracy theorists are all nutjobs? ...
No, the USA would not spy on their own citizens without warrants ...
um ...
OK, ignore this post

Tonz
6th November 2013, 01:00
Next time I link to something on MSM, can someone kindly give me a big, metaphorical slap upside the head?

That is so funny ,but I think KosmiKat is right about the pebbles. All good, even if its only a drop.

Spiral
6th November 2013, 08:32
http://imgace.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/first-they-ignore-you-then-you-win-gandhi.jpg

Sooz
6th November 2013, 09:12
At least a few things have come out (Snowden/Assange etc) which backs up what I've been telling my son for years. He used to laugh at me and even filmed a vid of me discussing stuff (which he swore he wouldn't put on you-tube).

Now he puts a sticker over the camera on his computer, like I've done for years and which he used to laugh at me for.

He's starting to realise old Mum is not such a nutter after all!

The thing that gets in my craw, is people don't believe anything until they see it in the garbage tabloids or on the telly. If the telly tells them it's true, then it must be so.:belief: Gah!

lookbeyond
6th November 2013, 22:30
I think talking about these topics with those we love creates a familiarity with the info and so in the future if they come across this info elsewhere it is bound to ring a bell for them,i see it as a headstart for them,more than most will get. When i look back at my own life i know now there were gifts of insight, behaviour, beliefs from my own Mother which have reinforced what i have come to believe today and they werent all "good" gifts-lb

Sooz
7th November 2013, 06:08
I think talking about these topics with those we love creates a familiarity with the info and so in the future if they come across this info elsewhere it is bound to ring a bell for them,i see it as a headstart for them,more than most will get. When i look back at my own life i know now there were gifts of insight, behaviour, beliefs from my own Mother which have reinforced what i have come to believe today and they werent all "good" gifts-lb

I know exactly what you mean lookbeyond. I remember my father talking about this stuff in the 70's when I was a mere slip of a thing wearing hotpants and platform shoes. He always said he'd never be alive when it was in full throttle. I often think back to his intellectual musings, never thinking I would actually see it coming true in my lifetime.

I try to plant the same seeds in my son's head of what is to come. He's now seen some things come true, so doesn't consider me so crazy anymore.