PDA

View Full Version : Got the right time anyone? You absolutely sure?

Highland1
3rd November 2013, 00:16
What if the time and date, as we think we currently know it, has been completely falsified.......for hundreds of years?
Earlier this evening that random thought entered my mind and not for the first time if you excuse the pun!
Lets face it, we have been lied to about literally everything else?
Think about it for a moment. If you could change the public perception of time, you could change their perception of history.
Technically speaking if you were the controller of this "falsified time"
you would be by all accounts capable of time travel in an unconventional sense?
Anyway, here is the spooky bit, having considered this, I then made myself a cuppa, went on line and then staring at me was the following video........... I **** you not!

Stuff They Don't Want You To Know - Phantom Time

http://youtu.be/o3FDw3rp1cE

I love synchronacities don't you? Especially when they are timely......

The date on the video says it was uploaded in 2010......or was it 1710?

Just throwing it out there for debate.....

Russ

lookbeyond
3rd November 2013, 07:25
Actually, its a scary thought that time may not be as we imagine, more loss of "control" of our autonomy...

The One
3rd November 2013, 07:42
Also a bit off topic

But what if we are all asleep somewhere on a huge ship or something and we have all been put in to the same programe that makes this existence feel so real.Then after this existence we are programmed for another one and so on

I know my mind runs away with me at times and i sometimes wonder when people die of sudden death syndrome and they are healthy could this be a glitch in the programming and these people have actually woke up

Spiral
3rd November 2013, 09:57
There are several dating methods which contradict the hypothesis.

Observations in ancient astronomy agree with current observations with no "phantom time" added,[4] such as sightings of Halley's Comet.[5]
Archeological remains and dating methods such as dendrochronology refute, rather than support, phantom time.[6]
Regarding the Gregorian reform: It was never intended to bring the calendar in line with the Julian calendar as it had existed in 45 BC, the time of its institution, but as it had existed in 325, the time of the Council of Nicaea, which had established a method for determining the date of Easter Sunday by fixing the Vernal Equinox on March 20 in the Julian calendar. By 1582, the astronomical equinox was occurring on March 10 in the Julian calendar, but Easter was still being calculated from a nominal equinox on March 20. The Gregorian reform was never intended or purported to restore the relationship between calendar date and astronomical equinox to what it had been at the time of the institution of the Julian calendar in 45 BC, 369 years before the council of Nicaea, when the astronomical vernal equinox took place around March 23rd. Illig's "three missing centuries" thus correspond to the period between the institution of the Julian calendar in 45 BC, and the fixing of the Easter Date at the Council of Nicaea in AD 325.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phantom_time_hypothesis

http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/volatile/Niemitz-1997.pdf

KosmicKat
3rd November 2013, 11:56
You might also ask, if the passage of time was to be stopped universally, with the exception of a single observer, perhaps an individual outside the continuum, would anyone within the continuum be aware of what had happened? As I understand it, this is part of the theory that our reality is created on a moment-by-moment basis.

Is time a seamless fluid, like water in a stream? or a series of snapshot moments, like the frames of a movie?