PDA

View Full Version : Walter Williams: Why the Founders Did Not Want a Democracy

Kathy
23rd July 2018, 23:34
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfkaod0BcCc
"Published on Mar 19, 2018 by PhilosophyInsights

Walter Edward Williams (born March 31, 1936) is an American economist, commentator, and academic. He is the John M. Olin Distinguished Professor of Economics at George Mason University, as well as a syndicated columnist and author known for his classical liberal and libertarian conservative views."

Emil El Zapato
24th July 2018, 23:47
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfkaod0BcCc
"Published on Mar 19, 2018 by PhilosophyInsights

Walter Edward Williams (born March 31, 1936) is an American economist, commentator, and academic. He is the John M. Olin Distinguished Professor of Economics at George Mason University, as well as a syndicated columnist and author known for his classical liberal and libertarian conservative views."

yeeouch...I'm afraid to even click this one...

Dreamtimer
25th July 2018, 00:48
It's in subject sections. The first is about how democracy is simple majority which is not what the Founders wanted. The second part is about government getting out of control. The next is about government being a necessary evil, a la Paine. The last part is about government stupidity.

CSPAN is a pretty chill way to listen to someone being interviewed. The author gets to speak, the interviewer doesn't interrupt, the questions move on, sometimes you get listener questions.

Emil El Zapato
25th July 2018, 00:57
It's in subject sections. The first is about how democracy is simple majority which is not what the Founders wanted. The second part is about government getting out of control. The next is about government being a necessary evil, a la Paine. The last part is about government stupidity.

CSPAN is a pretty chill way to listen to someone being interviewed. The author gets to speak, the interviewer doesn't interrupt, the questions move on, sometimes you get listener questions.

Did he mention the founders wanted an elite rulership...no peons need apply...to vote. If he did and the gentleman is reasonably articulate I'm sure it was couched in high minded philosophy and moral lawyerese... (I learned this from Fred SixPack) pffftt!

Total shot in the dark here...Is his wife white?