PDA

View Full Version : Ronan Farrow on bringing down Harvey Weinstein, Trump, and journalism

Kathy
28th May 2018, 15:56
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoqWwMP5GmQ

"Published on May 28, 2018 by JOE_co_uk

Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Ronan Farrow normally asks the questions, but this time he’s in the hot seat.

In this sharp and incisive interview with James O’Brien, Ronan takes us through his prodigious childhood, working in the Obama administration at 21, then going on to forge a career in journalism, most famously as one of the reporters who broke the Harvey Weinstein scandal, and now training his eye on the decline of American global influence, both under Trump and before."

Dreamtimer
29th May 2018, 10:53
This was very interesting. Thank you for sharing, Kathy.

I didn't know much about Ronan before his reporting on this. He almost didn't get his stories published. He had to fight and he was almost shut out. He feared losing his job and career.

It never stopped amazing me how sexual harassment was called a 'distraction'.

"Can we talk about something that really matters?"

That was a question I would hear on the so-called liberal media all the time.

Ain't nothin liberal about pushing sexual harassment behind closed doors.

enjoy being
29th May 2018, 12:11
Saw an interview some time back. If I get the chance I may watch this one, cheers. It is strange, he ought not be a story, in that ALL reporters should be doing the same.
The story continues. There's a sense to me, that there is a bit more to it, more to why he is 'being allowed' to do stories.
Think I have said before that I have stood about 5 metres away from Weinstein once, as he walked past doing a visit to some studios. Had never seen him before even in photos and totally picked up on the horrible buzz. Wearing shorts and stretched saggy T-shirt really sold the sleazy look.