PDA

View Full Version : Jurassic Shark? lol. sigh.

enjoy being
18th April 2018, 07:58
The trailers were released a week ago now.
Dunno what it will BE like, Im only really interested because I worked on it lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oY9ZZ0VGaZk

Elen
18th April 2018, 08:45
I hope this is a comedy...;) :goodbad:

enjoy being
18th April 2018, 09:05
Haha yeah my dentist asked me that too after seeing the trailer.
To be honest I quite like concepts where animals fight back, just wish they would win, and it wasn't based on them being the scary villains.

Hmm villain comes from and original word referring to a farmhand... but yeah

Though, a concept where animals have the ability to fight back but take the road of compassion and cooperation and teach the despicable humans a bigger lesson than terror and retribution... would be the best!

Elen
18th April 2018, 09:28
Haha yeah my dentist asked me that too after seeing the trailer.
To be honest I quite like concepts where animals fight back, just wish they would win, and it wasn't based on them being the scary villains.

Hmm villain comes from and original word referring to a farmhand... but yeah

Though, a concept where animals have the ability to fight back but take the road of compassion and cooperation and teach the despicable humans a bigger lesson than terror and retribution... would be the best!

Like in the Avatar movie when all the animals joined Jake in the final battle against the military? Yeah I'd think so too!

enjoy being
18th April 2018, 09:48
I was totally thinking of avatar as a rare example too.

Countdown is on for that to start too. Going to be an odd feeling working on those evil human gunships, feeling like working for the enemy lol.

Elen
18th April 2018, 10:18
I was totally thinking of avatar as a rare example too.

Countdown is on for that to start too. Going to be an odd feeling working on those evil human gunships, feeling like working for the enemy lol.

:goodbad: is everywhere, sometimes good sometimes bad!

Emil El Zapato
18th April 2018, 13:00
I say kill 'em all and let Gawd sort 'em out...

Dumpster Diver
18th April 2018, 14:16
From this trailer, I think I’ve seen the “best” parts of the movie

Aragorn
18th April 2018, 14:22
From this trailer, I think I’ve seen the “best” parts of the movie

Same impressions here. It's just "Jaws" all over again, and in the end, the mean big fish is going to get fried once again. :yawn:

As if there wasn't enough prejudice, unfounded hatred and gratuitous violence against sharks yet. :fpalm:

Emil El Zapato
18th April 2018, 15:07
but Jason Statham is in it...he's cool enough to make it work...I wonder if Jet Li will do a cameo, ala, Samuel Jackson in Deep Blue Sea...

Confession time...I watched all the Sharknado movies...

Aragorn
18th April 2018, 15:09

Go stand in a corner and say five Hail Marys. :priest: :ha: :hilarious:

Emil El Zapato
18th April 2018, 15:16
On my way and believe me, it ain't the first time... :)

Elen
18th April 2018, 15:51
On my way and believe me, it ain't the first time... :)

:ha: You're alright you know!

Dumpster Diver
18th April 2018, 16:22
but Jason Statham is in it...he's cool enough to make it work...I wonder if Jet Li will do a cameo, ala, Samuel Jackson in Deep Blue Sea...

I’ll watch it if we get Jackson talking about “all the MF’ing sharks on the MF’ing boat” or some such...

Statham was at his best in the Guy Ritchie crime films Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels (1998) and Snatch (2000)...and it has been all downhill since then. Snatch is among my all time 10 best.

Elen
18th April 2018, 16:27
I’ll watch it if we get Jackson talking about “all the MF’ing sharks on the MF’ing boat” or some such...

Statham was at his best in the Guy Ritchie crime films Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels (1998) and Snatch (2000)...and it has been all downhill since then. Snatch is among my all time 10 best.

What about "The Transporter" movies? I thought he was great in them. :D

Dumpster Diver
18th April 2018, 19:59
What about "The Transporter" movies? I thought he was great in them. :D

Pretty uneven. The Guy Richie flicks had so much more going on, I have to watch them 5 or 6 times and rewind when the GF is not around to get all the cool lingo, etc.

enjoy being
19th April 2018, 01:42
He's pretty short and turnipy when you stand next to him. I could take him. Lol

I'm not allowed to give you any spoilers about the plot, though it is based on a book....

As most films it is all spoilt for me anyway when you know what the sets were like and can see through the illusion.

I painted the fake but real aluminium back half of the big boat that they are on, there was a real one, and a half one on a big hydraullic gantry in a very large infinity pool.
also painted the rickety lift the feet step out of in the first few shots. Painted a fishing boat, the shark cages, the submarines..

Those glider subs were cool, all fully motorised for effect. Sat on hydraullic gimbal, the joystick would make it move, like a 500k dollar kids ride.
until he broke the joystick from getting into the fun of it too much. Was also remote controllable from the outside.

Painting the shark fin was a classic. A dude with a fin strapped to his back and an underwater scooter jet or whatever they are called, was used to key in the shots of the scene with all the swimmers... for the benefit of the extras, they played on loud speaker, the jaws jingle to set the mood for choreography! I couldnt blimmin believe it when I heard that tune strike up, face palm!

One of these days I'll work on something good, its been 20 years and still waiting.. but then, I am not really that into films so a bit biassed.
Shark demonisation is just the start, working on vampire, zombie, warewolf films... that's where its at. :vommityface:

Emil El Zapato
19th April 2018, 01:49
He's pretty short and turnipy when you stand next to him. I could take him. Lol

I'm not allowed to give you any spoilers about the plot, though it is based on a book....

As most films it is all spoilt for me anyway when you know what the sets were like and can see through the illusion.

I painted the fake but real aluminium back half of the big boat that they are on, there was a real one, and a half one on a big hydraullic gantry in a very large infinity pool.
also painted the rickety lift the feet step out of in the first few shots. Painted a fishing boat, the shark cages, the submarines..

Those glider subs were cool, all fully motorised for effect. Sat on hydraullic gimbal, the joystick would make it move, like a 500k dollar kids ride.
until he broke the joystick from getting into the fun of it too much. Was also remote controllable from the outside.

Painting the shark fin was a classic. A dude with a fin strapped to his back and an underwater scooter jet or whatever they are called, was used to key in the shots of the scene with all the swimmers... for the benefit of the extras, they played on loud speaker, the jaws jingle to set the mood for choreography! I couldnt blimmin believe it when I heard that tune strike up, face palm!

One of these days I'll work on something good, its been 20 years and still waiting.. but then, I am not really that into films so a bit biassed.
Shark demonisation is just the start, working on vampire, zombie, warewolf films... that's where its at. :vommityface:

gee, just getting started and already a cynic...What do you mean by turnipy? I ask because, my ex once upon a time worked at a Texas University where Ahnald was making an appearance. One of her co-workers ran into him (not literally) in the restroom and remarked later that there was nothing 'big' about him. I was thinking b.s. The guy was a Mr. Universe or something like that. You can't tell me he ain't big.

enjoy being
19th April 2018, 02:12
Cynic? Ha. Some of those other posters started it didnt they?
lots of actors are much shorter than they look on film. Usually the action heroes actually. People like Stephen Fry and Billy Connolly are actually tall. But the Tom Cruises of the world are usually short, they are easier to fit in the frames.
turnippy was an endearing name someone had for his forehead! It may get digitally reduced or just foreshortened on film. In fact quite a few actors also have quite angular pronounced features in the flesh, presuming that the roundy stubby look just gets lost after the camera flattens everything.

Emil El Zapato
19th April 2018, 02:19
Cynic? Ha. Some of those other posters started it didnt they?
lots of actors are much shorter than they look on film. Usually the action heroes actually. People like Stephen Fry and Billy Connolly are actually tall. But the Tom Cruises of the world are usually short, they are easier to fit in the frames.
turnippy was an endearing name someone had for his forehead! It may get digitally reduced or just foreshortened on film. In fact quite a few actors also have quite angular pronounced features in the flesh, presuming that the roundy stubby look just gets lost after the camera flattens everything.

lol...really...I met Ronny Cox once at my undergrad school...the dude was tall.

I was hanging out in a bar with some of the cast of "Murder Ordained". A movie made in my hometown that starred Jobeth Williams, Keith Carradine, and some other dude that happened to be in this bar. He was starring but somewhat of an unknown. I was really f*cking with him...I asked him what he had been in before and every role he mentioned, I guffawed and said, "I hate that show" I did apologize after the dialogue telling him I was just teasing him. I guess I can be kind of crazy sometimes. He was very good natured, though....He's pretty well known now, but I still don't remember his name.

enjoy being
19th April 2018, 02:30
He'd probably heard it all before and was humouring you!
I hear similar things from people when they hear what I do even. It seems like a thing people like to do.

Emil El Zapato
19th April 2018, 02:33
He'd probably heard it all before and was humouring you!
I hear similar things from people when they hear what I do even. It seems like a thing people like to do.

lol...could very well be....

enjoy being
20th April 2018, 05:38
Like in the Avatar movie when all the animals joined Jake in the final battle against the military? Yeah I'd think so too!

And another one would be Rise of the Planet of the Apes. But then, I was trying for an anecdote where the animals took the higher ground and didnt necessarily fight like humans would... I guess there's several scenes in ROTPOTA where Caesar stops other apes and the gorilla from killing so maybe that one does illustrate that.

Dumpster Diver
22nd April 2018, 15:54
Roger Moore was quite tall...or everyone else was quite short...

enjoy being
22nd April 2018, 16:08
Roger Moore was quite tall...or everyone else was quite short...

Okay okay! I was generalising! Lol :like:

Emil El Zapato
22nd April 2018, 16:48
I was friends with many of the people that were extras in this move and actually the guy that did the sets was named 'Lou Paccapaniccia'. He was a neighbor and my girlfriends best friend's boyfriend (if you can follow all that).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXGM0HtTvKs

palooka's revenge
22nd April 2018, 21:39
Same impressions here. It's just "Jaws" all over again, and in the end, the mean big fish is going to get fried once again. :yawn:

As if there wasn't enough prejudice, unfounded hatred and gratuitous violence against sharks yet. :fpalm:

ditto!!!