25th February 2018, 01:18
Here’s a video to get you thinking:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--krglR7xtA&app=desktop

Emil El Zapato
25th February 2018, 18:33

:) ... hmmm,

For the most part Christian theologians (and even secular historians and even most skeptic historians) consider Josephus a living breathing critic of a living breathing Jesus...(You ain't taking away my Jesus, the greatest superhuman that has ever lived)

"The mythicist Biblical scholar Robert M. Price said that Atwill "gives himself license to indulge in the most outrageous display of parallelomania ever seen." Price acknowledges that the New Testament has "persistent pro-Roman tendencies", but says this was done "for apologetical reasons, to avoid persecution." The mythicist Richard Carrier similarly stated that all of Atwill's alleged parallels can be explained as either coincidences, mistranslations, or references to Old Testament sources or tropes. However, Carrier also agreed that the New Testament has pro-Roman aspects. According to Carrier, "Christianity was probably constructed to 'divert Jewish hostility and aggressiveness into a pacifist religion, supportive of–and subservient to–Roman rule,' but not by Romans, but exasperated Jews like Paul."

Biblical scholar Bart Ehrman said "I know sophomores in college who could rip this ... to shreds" and pointed out that Atwill had "no training in any relevant field."

- wikipedia -

yeah, I took that course... :)

Dreamtimer
25th February 2018, 23:53
Perhaps Mauro Biglino (https://maurobiglino.com/books/) will be next on the list, then?

Emil El Zapato
26th February 2018, 00:36
Perhaps Mauro Biglino (https://maurobiglino.com/books/) will be next on the list, then?

Well, let us hope so...this guy looks like he knows what he's talking about. And I've never done any serious study of the old testament but have always wanted to (not counting 8 years of at least 1 hour everday of biblical (not to be confused with bible) study.

Dumpster Diver
26th February 2018, 00:50
Well, let us hope so...this guy looks like he knows what he's talking about. And I've never done any serious study of the old testament but have always wanted to (not counting 8 years of at least 1 hour everday of biblical (not to be confused with bible) study.

As a 8 year old, in a bible class on Job, the only thing I could think of was, “God’s an a$$hole”. It didn’t help that I said what I believed to the teacher.

Dumpster Diver
26th February 2018, 00:59
http://drivenoutside.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/damned.png

My view of most religions.

enjoy being
26th February 2018, 01:31

This one? http://www.mindofthemachine.com/downloads/MauroBiglino_Book.pdf

Dreamtimer
26th February 2018, 02:00
I started looking at that one, Nothing. I've listened to a couple of interviews with a translator. He's coming out with an English language book soon.

enjoy being
26th February 2018, 02:06
I started looking at that one, Nothing. I've listened to a couple of interviews with a translator. He's coming out with an English language book soon.

That is in English?

Dreamtimer
26th February 2018, 02:08
He had the one book translated. My understanding is that he's coming out with a new book to be published in English.

enjoy being
26th February 2018, 03:02
He had the one book translated. My understanding is that he's coming out with a new book to be published in English.

Ahh okay.

Reading this one, it is stuff I have already heard before regards Niburu, Annunaki, Enki and Enlil etc. :like:

I personally don't think that story affects the notion of the existence of a greater universal creator. It to me, tells of the ongoing battles between 'dark and light' within even a godlike race. Although it is certainly a topic to be familiar with indeed. The topics such as duplicity of meddling 'people' who are struck through guilt or selfish compassion and filled by a need to do 'good', but by doing so create further complexities of abomination.
It all can become very tangled and chaotic, the meddling and the fixing and that being meddling in its own right. The human evolution through this could have seen the life form turn into demons/chimeras.
Perhaps a final line WAS drawn in the sand to fix that, was that line yet more meddling? creating yet more chaotic ramification? Was that what was referred to by the story of Jesus? If so was it a line drawn by the meddlers in the old testament? or did some bigger entity come in to try and meddle as well? Could the 'great universal creative energy/entity' (Guce- lol) also partake in meddling? in Error making?

From my observations of nature, things eventually 'right' themselves if they are meant to be.

I haven't watched the OP video sorry DD. I have used up all my bandwidth, but also the word gnostic puts me off, as I find that area just as, if not more misleading. I find that potentially even more filled with mind control. I agree with your meme/cartoon though. That all the "religions" have problems in wanting to be the one true theorem

Dumpster Diver
26th February 2018, 16:14
Ahh okay.

Reading this one, it is stuff I have already heard before regards Niburu, Annunaki, Enki and Enlil etc. :like:

I personally don't think that story affects the notion of the existence of a greater universal creator. It to me, tells of the ongoing battles between 'dark and light' within even a godlike race. Although it is certainly a topic to be familiar with indeed. The topics such as duplicity of meddling 'people' who are struck through guilt or selfish compassion and filled by a need to do 'good', but by doing so create further complexities of abomination.
It all can become very tangled and chaotic, the meddling and the fixing and that being meddling in its own right. The human evolution through this could have seen the life form turn into demons/chimeras.
Perhaps a final line WAS drawn in the sand to fix that, was that line yet more meddling? creating yet more chaotic ramification? Was that what was referred to by the story of Jesus? If so was it a line drawn by the meddlers in the old testament? or did some bigger entity come in to try and meddle as well? Could the 'great universal creative energy/entity' (Guce- lol) also partake in meddling? in Error making?

From my observations of nature, things eventually 'right' themselves if they are meant to be.

I haven't watched the OP video sorry DD. I have used up all my bandwidth, but also the word gnostic puts me off, as I find that area just as, if not more misleading. I find that potentially even more filled with mind control. I agree with your meme/cartoon though. That all the "religions" have problems in wanting to be the one true theorem

No problem. It’ll be great when you guys can upgrade from dialup modems in a few years. We junked them last year here in Slow-dona.

DMt.
26th February 2018, 16:16
"All roads lead to Rome"...oh yeah.

Dumpster Diver
26th February 2018, 16:24
"All roads lead to Rome"...oh yeah.

My view is Rome never really went away, if anything the US is the new Rome. We have the architecture (check out Wash DC), Flavian coliseums (stadiums), standing trained legions (armies), the state religion mandating warfare, a senate, and a cultural obsession to obliterate yours and impose ours (media and movies).

Wind
26th February 2018, 16:51
Well, you hit the nail on the head with that one, Dumpy. Cultures and empires do resurface again too just like people who lived in them reincarnate and US is indeed Rome of modern days. I'm not going to watch a hour and a half long video without any bullet points about the content though.

Jordan Peterson started a series on the Bible and he has barely scratched the surface. I've only begun to watch the series and there are already many parts to watch. You can't take the teachings of religions literally, especially when it comes to Judeo-Christianity. I find a psychologal take on the Bible refreshing. Other than that, I have always thought that religions have been used as tools of control and oppression. Although in their moderate form they do bring some value and meaning to people's lives... Personally I just choose spirituality without any institutions. I doubt that Christ would approve what religion of today has become.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-wWBGo6a2w

Dumpster Diver
26th February 2018, 17:09
My view is, Christianity and Christ were fabricated. Then enough folks believed it, our Co-creative minds made it pop into a timeline and then it possibly merged into ours by “Mendala effect” morphing.

The elites use mind control to get us to create the sh!t they want to see happen.

Emil El Zapato
26th February 2018, 18:45
Ahh okay.

perfect example of the 'nature' of creation and free will.

My view is Rome never really went away, if anything the US is the new Rome. We have the architecture (check out Wash DC), Flavian coliseums (stadiums), standing trained legions (armies), the state religion mandating warfare, a senate, and a cultural obsession to obliterate yours and impose ours (media and movies).

nothing has ever gone away...man and his creations are here in a new and improved form.

My view is, Christianity and Christ was fabricated. Then enough folks believed it, our Co-creative minds made it pop into a timeline and then it possibly merged into ours by “Mendala effect” morphing.

The elites use mind control to get us to create the sh!t they want to see happen.

The elites wanted to see 'Jesus'...I doubt it...in that other timeline they crucified him.

Wind
26th February 2018, 18:48
Christ represents the highest ideal... What a man could potentially be. A historical figure too, but that's another story.

Dumpster Diver
26th February 2018, 18:56
perfect example of the 'nature' of creation and free will.

nothing has ever gone away...man and his creations are here in a new and improved form.

The elites wanted to see 'Jesus'...I doubt it...in that other timeline they crucified him.

I see it as: he sacrificed himself for you, you need to sacrifice yourself for us (the religion, backed up by the state). Catholics are very into sacrificing stuff, i.e. giving up stuff for lent and all that.

Emil El Zapato
26th February 2018, 20:43
:) true enough...I've always questioned that aspect of it. I see where sacrifice for fellow man is a high ideal...I was never sure why God would want me to sacrifice to him unless it was for the benefit of others.

Black Panther
26th February 2018, 22:14

The Matrix wants to keep us thinking FOREVER. That's the problem ;)

Dumpster Diver
27th February 2018, 00:14
The Matrix wants to keep us thinking FOREVER. That's the problem ;)

Hey, Black Panther! I saw your movie a few days ago. Enjoyed it!

enjoy being
27th February 2018, 00:54
The Book of Enoch was an interesting read, after filtering out the fire and brimstone archaicman-speak.

I find it reasonably easy to also filter out the control mechanism stuff in the bits of the bible I have managed to read long enough.
Sometimes not much is left there, but enough to see some use or truth or intelligent understanding of how things are.

The Bhagavad Gita is perhaps the more scary one, even though it tries to teach the same thing or even at a higher level, the inward journey, it too is filled with words of humans. Translations and all I guess, but I still wonder how an actual God would de-scribe men and women together. Many of these scripts are male centric in at least their language, but often too in details regarding the elevation of men above women. That is usually the biggest hurdle I see in claims such books are the word of God that haven't been tainted or altered by 'man'. However, the one script which has a female lead has its own problems and in my eyes is, if there was such a thing, Luciferian, so I guess if one wants to take any of it with some form of seriousness, one is back to filtering out the muddy words of humanity and just understanding it was the same back then as it is now in that respect.

enjoy being
27th February 2018, 01:17
Which is where Black Panther's post is nice and economical in saying probably the most important point.
I read between the line and see that as saying how all number of things have guidance and wisdom, brought about by I guess truth, observed by people of old, and that becomes enticing, and then we can pick up another book with more stuff in it, in which some contradicts the other, and we begin to fall into a trap of feeling there is a need for a choice of one over the other, and begin sometimes perhaps, to lose touch with our own trust in our own self. And when the self is subjugated by outside influences it is in a cycle of not making the right decisions and further loses faith in such cliches as, inner knowing. And then you're stuck, in 'the matrix'.

Emil El Zapato
27th February 2018, 01:24
The Book of Enoch was an interesting read, after filtering out the fire and brimstone archaicman-speak.

I find it reasonably easy to also filter out the control mechanism stuff in the bits of the bible I have managed to read long enough.
Sometimes not much is left there, but enough to see some use or truth or intelligent understanding of how things are.

The Bhagavad Gita is perhaps the more scary one, even though it tries to teach the same thing or even at a higher level, the inward journey, it too is filled with words of humans. Translations and all I guess, but I still wonder how an actual God would de-scribe men and women together. Many of these scripts are male centric in at least their language, but often too in details regarding the elevation of men above women. That is usually the biggest hurdle I see in claims such books are the word of God that haven't been tainted or altered by 'man'. However, the one script which has a female lead has its own problems and in my eyes is, if there was such a thing, Luciferian, so I guess if one wants to take any of it with some form of seriousness, one is back to filtering out the muddy words of humanity and just understanding it was the same back then as it is now in that respect.

I use the "Progression of Revelation" to reconcile the older manuscripts. You are correct about things being the same. As a species we have a way to go to an egalitarian society.

Dumpster Diver
27th February 2018, 01:26
Which is where Black Panther's post is nice and economical in saying probably the most important point.
I read between the line and see that as saying how all number of things have guidance and wisdom, brought about by I guess truth, observed by people of old, and that becomes enticing, and then we can pick up another book with more stuff in it, in which some contradicts the other, and we begin to fall into a trap of feeling there is a need for a choice of one over the other, and begin sometimes perhaps, to lose touch with our own trust in our own self. And when the self is subjugated by outside influences it is in a cycle of not making the right decisions and further loses faith in such cliches as, inner knowing. And then you're stuck, in 'the matrix'.

Not me, I’ve got my axioms, my math, my stat, and my logic. If I get in the same room as you, I can look into your eyes and see your soul. I just needed the initial vectors to get me started.

enjoy being
27th February 2018, 01:51
Not me, I’ve got my axioms, my math, my stat, and my logic. If I get in the same room as you, I can look into your eyes and see your soul. I just needed the initial vectors to get me started.

:hilarious:
Yeah, many people do have their equivalent of those terms, and some don't really need to be in the same room.

But frequently for myself, if I am understanding your point correctly, 'intuition' actually does a far better job. I won't start recounting the many times this has happened for me. It is something which I presume people to jump to conclusions with regardless of the words used to describe it, but I certainly have had proven to me countless times, the ability for the subconscious to know ahead of the conscious, at the very least. Knowing thyself to me means knowing when to get out of the way of ones subconscious and knowing when to assert mind and logic and data and perhaps pragmatism.

enjoy being
27th February 2018, 02:13
I use the "Progression of Revelation" to reconcile the older manuscripts. You are correct about things being the same. As a species we have a way to go to an egalitarian society.

See to me, there is no need to reconcile old manuscripts, and progressive revelation (by what it looks to be defined as), is easily a mechanism of control. I find no reason to have what seems like apologetics and an attempt at constructive reasoning in order to explain away any variations between the Enoch revelation and the New Testament revelation. That in itself is to me a fingerprint created as a result of the Roman bastardisation and hijacking of the 'story'.

Though that is already getting too far into the tangle of it all for me, and I'm not really interested in it enough to debate any further than that. But it would be maybe interesting to hear others discuss it.

Dreamtimer
27th February 2018, 08:09
:batman:batman:batman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIEx7HBispo

Dumpster Diver
27th February 2018, 14:19
:batman:batman:batman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIEx7HBispo

Thanks Dreamy, you know I’m a sucker for anything with “me” in it.

Emil El Zapato
27th February 2018, 14:40
See to me, there is no need to reconcile old manuscripts, and progressive revelation (by what it looks to be defined as), is easily a mechanism of control. I find no reason to have what seems like apologetics and an attempt at constructive reasoning in order to explain away any variations between the Enoch revelation and the New Testament revelation. That in itself is to me a fingerprint created as a result of the Roman bastardisation and hijacking of the 'story'.

Though that is already getting too far into the tangle of it all for me, and I'm not really interested in it enough to debate any further than that. But it would be maybe interesting to hear others discuss it.

possibly, but it makes sense to me that Abraham's God wasn't in to telling humanity that same-sex marriage while contrary to procreation does have an altruistic basis. Same-sex couples provide resources for siblings children. Same-sex couples believe in love, for each other. Are you ready to hear that from a truly authoritative (i.e. not authoritarian) voice? Progressive revelation, we get what we need when we need it. Creation, sorta works that way.

enjoy being
27th February 2018, 15:06
possibly, but it makes sense to me that Abraham's God wasn't in to telling humanity that same-sex marriage while contrary to procreation does have an altruistic basis. Same-sex couples provide resources for siblings children. Same-sex couples believe in love, for each other. Are you ready to hear that from a truly authoritative (i.e. not authoritarian) voice? Progressive revelation, we get what we need when we need it. Creation, sorta works that way.

Huh? lol. Anyway, not my cup of tea. That all just sounds like religious dogma turning inside itself to me sorry. That to me is not anything of the words you used. So many grey areas on the choice of words. Love, for a start. Creation secondly. Revelation - jargon. And then the whole topic of what one's opinion on how same sex love has evolved.
I'm trying to back out slowly but feel the need to run fast and scrub myself. Each to their own.

And sorry it is really late and I get blunter with my honesty the later it gets! lol night all.

Dumpster Diver
27th February 2018, 15:12
Well, my view is: same sex “love” happens when folks change sex from one incarnation to the next, but that person clings to his/her’s inclinations of the last incarnation(s).

Anyway, I think it better than damning them as an abomination in the sight of God per many of my bible-thumping “Christian” friends.

Emil El Zapato
27th February 2018, 18:56
Huh? lol. Anyway, not my cup of tea. That all just sounds like religious dogma turning inside itself to me sorry. That to me is not anything of the words you used. So many grey areas on the choice of words. Love, for a start. Creation secondly. Revelation - jargon. And then the whole topic of what one's opinion on how same sex love has evolved.
I'm trying to back out slowly but feel the need to run fast and scrub myself. Each to their own.

And sorry it is really late and I get blunter with my honesty the later it gets! lol night all.

lol...no sweat, I can take it...

Black Panther
27th February 2018, 20:46
Yes!! You can see me now on the Big Screen. Finally Time to Play my role in this Great Movie ;)

xjDjIWPwcPU

Dreamtimer
27th February 2018, 21:28
We tried to see it but waited too long and couldn't get tickets. Maybe this coming weekend.

Wakanda!

enjoy being
27th February 2018, 22:08
Well, my view is: same sex “love” happens when folks change sex from one incarnation to the next, but that person clings to his/her’s inclinations of the last incarnations.

Anyway, I think it better that damning them as an abomination in the sight of God per many of my bible-thumping “Christian” friends.

That's a fair view for some of the cases. Though I don't think that applies to all incidences. It matters me not, and to point fingers is not the intention, and perhaps because of what happened to me as a child the topic triggers me a bit.
But in my view there are cases like you mention, but I am also of the opinion, with a reasonable amount of insight, that some, mainly men, are not 'gay' from birth, but become that way via a few paths (and you probably wouldn't describe them as gay anyway), mainly from forms of sex addiction and mental disorders centred around sex. I know that isn't the case in the 'conventional' sense, but also know that not all of it is 'natural'. But yeah, I'd say most of those types wouldn't be getting into loving relationships with the same sex. One size does not fit all, and that topic seems almost taboo these days to suggest that some are indeed 'possessed' in some interaction with 'their' demons. Just like some people turn into 'demons' when they drink alcohol or are tempted by various treasures.
Hence what I was intending last night while overly tired, which was to say that the example offered had so many debatable aspects and loop holes that it was going to turn any rebuttal into a very large merry-go-round.
I have massive aversions to when people start talking about the characters in their chosen 'scripts' in a way which infers that they own certain concepts, like evolution or creation or care for the Earth mother. To me it all sounds like indoctrination. Especially when you watch someone go from being sorta 'normal' to using the 'speak' of their religion.
*I'm not really referring to you there NAP*

Aragorn
27th February 2018, 23:36
T[...] But in my view there are cases like you mention, but I am also of the opinion, with a reasonable amount of insight, that some, mainly men, are not 'gay' from birth, but become that way via a few paths (and you probably wouldn't describe them as gay anyway), mainly from forms of sex addiction and mental disorders centred around sex. I know that isn't the case in the 'conventional' sense, but also know that not all of it is 'natural'.[...]

If I read you correctly, then I think you would be talking about omnisexuality, which is not really a sexual orientation, but rather an attitude that one can have sex with anyone regardless of their gender, or — as in some cases — with anything, including animals.

I happen to have known a couple of people like that, but I strongly disagree that this would be mostly a phenomenon among men. In fact, if you look at the porn industry — and I happen to know a few ladies who have been employed in that sector in the past — then you will see this phenomenon mostly among women. And that's because the porn industry urges even perfectly heterosexual women into having sex with one another — it sells better :p — which these women then initially consent to for the same reason as why they've entered the porn industry in the first place, i.e. for the money — in essence, the porn industry is actually an extended form of prostitution. But because they are getting aroused during those acts, they then automatically start thinking that they are bisexual. And some of them will of course genuinely be, but I reckon that the vast majority of porn actresses would actually be straight.

One of the now former porn actresses whom I know did indeed describe herself to me as bisexual, but I do not believe that she would be, even though she has indeed had sex with women — or at least, she had during her "career". But in my opinion, she's simply way too feminine to be bisexual. But in the meantime, it has been more than ten years since I've last seen her. She was a waitress at a café-restaurant that I used to regularly have dinner at, and that place doesn't even exist anymore today. It went bankrupt, then it was taken over by somebody else under a new name, then it went bankrupt again, and then it was ultimately torn down, now about two years ago. So I don't know what has become of her, or whether she's in a stable relationship now. At the time she was in the middle of breaking up with a guy who was gambling all of her money away on slot machines.

I also know a woman — once again somebody whom I haven't seen in a long time anymore, and now we're talking almost twenty years, even — whose boyfriend insisted on a threesome with her and another woman, and in order to placate him — because she was (and to the best of my knowledge, still is) madly in love with him, even though the guy is a certifiable loser — she agreed to it. When I confronted her with that — in a gentle manner — so as to make her realize that her boyfriend was only using her for his sexual gratification and that he didn't really love her, she told me that "she wouldn't necessarily do that again, but it was not a bad experience."

Lastly, there are various rumors from different sources that my first ex-fiancée was also omnisexual for a while, and some of those sources are quite credible. I'm not saying she's still like that, but she did turn out to have an — in my personal opinion — excessive interest in all things ado with sex while she and I were living together. I think she was probably still experimenting at that stage, because she has always been what you could call "wild and adventurous". She was certainly highly hedonistic, materialistic, looking for self-gratification and hungry for attention — especially from men. I would even go so far as to say that there may have been a fair degree of psychopathy involved.

But of course, there are men like that as well. For one, I have heard — from someone who is a member here at The One Truth — that Simon Parkes not only sends nude pictures of himself to women, but also to men, even though he's straight. And I personally know a guy — he owns (or at any rate runs) a very well-known restaurant here in town — who, even though he's definitely a heterosexual, used to have romantic relationships with drag queens, even though he stated that he did not actually have sex with them. (Ewwww! :vom:)

I have also once seen a man and a woman in an erotic embrace — French-kissing and all — while the guy was actually strictly gay and the woman was actually strictly a lesbian. That was weird too. Maybe it was some kind of role reversal game. :scrhd:

But so anyway, yes, the phenomenon does exist. But again, I disagree that it would be mostly men who "swing that way". But women tend to be more physical with one another in their social contact than men, so it's likely to stand out more whenever a man does that sort of thing. :hmm:

Emil El Zapato
27th February 2018, 23:54
your likely correct Nothing....the demon thing...prison folks for example...that is a 'classic' example and would likely be considered sinful...lust of any kind so qualifies... so saith the bible ... :)

Progressive Revelation is something 'my religion' would have me flogged and walking around in an 'ash bag' :) for even thinking such thoughts.

I would agree with Aragorn on the prevalence of 'skewed' sexual behavior.

A 40-year study indicated that women tend to lean a little across the hard heterosexual line by biological predisposition.

Dumpster Diver
27th February 2018, 23:55
Yes!! You can see me now on the Big Screen. Finally Time to Play my role in this Great Movie ;)

xjDjIWPwcPU

Great movie, strong female characters. These guys put some serious research into African history and it shows.

Dreamtimer
28th February 2018, 12:05
Lean across the hard heterosexual line...as in women are more likely to be heterosexual? I find that believable. Men seem to have a stronger drive/stronger need to have sex regularly. If that's the case, filling in the gaps w/men kinda makes sense.

I'm no scholar on the subject. I'm having my 26th anniversary this year and I don't screw around. I've never been with or even fantasized or dreamt of being with a woman. Just not my thing.

Emil El Zapato
28th February 2018, 12:38
lean across as in crossing the street, Dreamtimer ... :)

Dumpster Diver
28th February 2018, 14:45
Mrs. Dark Knight keeps me on a tight leash so I haven’t the faintest of what you guys are talking about.

Dreamtimer
15th August 2018, 13:30
This is a story about a personal encounter at an airport.

A man was waiting at a gate and another man told him a compelling story.

“I met the most amazing man one Sunday at our church; please, can I tell you about him?”

“I play in a band at our church. This man came into our service as we were playing the pre-worship. I noticed he had a tee-shirt with the blue-marble earth photo all blended into it. I thought, real cool. Also, he was a little darker skinned than most people who worship with us. We are open to everyone, but we do not have much diversity. I got back into my riffs; we rock in the pre-service.

We try to maximize the worship experience, allow everyone that awe moment. I suppose I shouldn’t even have noticed this man, but he was something of a misfit. I noticed he listened very intently. During the prayers he didn’t reach up or anything; he seemed in meditation focused within himself. I noticed him because I look up from prayers to keep the service flowing. I have to be ready for the transitions. When you are part of the show or the performance, it isn’t always just worshiping. I do relish the moments when everyone seems so connected.” He continued, “After service a couple handed our misfit, a newcomer kit, and said they hoped he had received a blessing today. As they left he looked at me carrying my guitar. I looked at him, I couldn’t look away.”

“I asked what his plans were today. He said, ‘I had hoped to talk with James.’ (our minister) ‘he has asked me to come so often.’ (the minister had already left)

My misfit added, ‘I will walk over to the beautiful area.’ There is a marvelous nature preserve on the other side of the highway. I said, "I will take you, if you don’t have a car. You can’t walk across the highway." He nodded. I felt compelled to protect him, he had such depth to his eyes. He seemed curious of my car and the highway, as he serenely soaked it all in. When we got there he asked, ‘will you walk with me?’ I texted to our after-service group I would not meet them for pancakes. I warned he would need to be careful in those sandals, he smiled. We began a leisurely ascent. This trail climbs to a spectacular overlook of the river valley. He would pause occasionally being very still. The birds, butterflies, and small animals seemed to pause, as well. He was so in tune with the natural world. I followed silent as possible. I almost forgot the lack of pancakes. We got to the overlook area a level space with benches. He observed, smiled, then sat in prayer. I did too. I fell into a deep timeless meditation. It was the most worshipful love of God experience I had ever had. When I rejoined this world, I walked to stand beside the man as he looked over the valley. He said, ‘in every search the only end is love.’ I immediately knew I should return to my home. Visions of the people there sparkled through my thoughts.

I asked did he enjoy our service this morning. He replied, ‘Yes, he enjoyed his visit. Your band really kicks?’ I said “rocks?” He nodded and continued, ‘Rocks, if a little too loud. I experienced the connection of worshipping souls, it is always powerful. Your church seems to have no connection to the world. The world is so beautiful.’ He stretched out his hand, ‘now the demons run loose, but in the message those who oppose them were mocked. James called them, Tree Hippers?’ I corrected, Hippie Tree Huggers. ‘I think all those who save, not defile, God’s creation should be exalted.

The woman who gave the update on your Right to Life mission troubled me. There was no concern for the real world and practical steps to heal people’s lives. She was followed by a man. He invited your people to give to your ministries. He was so dismissive of needy people in his comments. The motivation sounded hard, not loving. He worships a rule-based theocracy. I do not understand these divisions, for all are insufficient. The righteous are like those they condemn. The devils of this world are present in everyone. Your people believe, but they cannot hear, see, or feel love for the needy. Your church is a wondrous marvel for video and audio, but no one can walk to your church. I see your church running from the real world not serving it. As the widow offering her mite gave the greatest gift, a person serving even one other person is great in the eyes of God. If they serve with love, without judgment, generously meeting their need it is pleasing to God, more pleasing, than all your celebration and outreach. When I hear the prayers of the people they are paupers of Spirit. In their own image of themselves they are adorned on par with angels. It is as cloying and choking as a room filled with incense. I do not know these people. I enjoyed your service, but I find your people needing to graduate to the real world. You cannot live in the Kingdom of Heaven by separating yourself from the ills of the world. Healing the world is your mission. Many who say they are assured of salvation are only fooling themselves. They are not listening; really listening.’

He threw me with his next demand. ‘You must talk to Pastor James, tell him my fears, ask him to refocus his ministry on all people. Exorcise himself from demons that turn his healing away from the needy.’ I was stunned. I barely know the pastor. I am to convey a message from this itinerant preacher?

He stated, ‘Go find your true self, and all things will find you.’ He walked over and sat in prayer again. I did as well. I felt many things, I thought many things. I felt an assurance of my next page in life. I arose looked around; it was later in the day. I was alone. Where the itinerant preacher had gone I didn’t know. I paused to soak in the beauty of the world from this overlook one last time, and then hiked back down. I almost convinced myself I had invented an imaginary friend, but when I got in my car the visitor welcome bag was sitting on the floor of my car. “

I contacted a classmate, who has been rebuilding her parents’ business. I always thought she was too smart and beautiful to talk to me. Sue seemed glad I was coming back. She set up my job interview. I would have thought she would have little time for me, but we have been in touch almost daily. Sue says she is looking forward to seeing me in person. I am still in awe. I will take it slow, but I have hope. “

I felt compelled to ask my companion at the gate: “Did you talk to your pastor?” He smiled, “Yes, I did. I had to give notice I would be leaving the band. He had seen the man at the service. He said, ‘I didn’t know him. I was probably someone he had met at a conference. I don’t remember ever asking him to come to church, but it is possible.’ I told Pastor James, he wanted us to refocus our ministry to heal all people. We needed to heal the needy. Pastor replied ‘Another social justice do-gooder, I hope you are not following him to play at coffee houses for the homeless. You are far too talented for that.’ I told him I was planning on going back home and picking up my life there. He said, we have made a real impact and we would likely have tours & videos in our future. Our country was finally getting traditional values, our nation was protecting Christian freedoms, and our church would be in the forefront of the Renewing America Agenda. He believes I am running away to a backwater wasteland. He thought the criticisms of our church were just relativist theology from a whiny liberal. A person from a segment of the larger church pushing Christianity on a slippery slope to no moral standards. I gave him my written notes of my experience on the overlook. I said, it was too bad he had not had the chance to pray with this man. He asked, ‘What was his prayer?’ I laughed, I didn’t know; it was silent. He wished me well.

Dreamtimer
23rd February 2019, 12:18
This is interesting. I like researchers who go back to the original as much as possible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOAZ1L-0hgs

Sadly, this woman who was only a few years older than me, passed away in 2015 from cancer.

Dreamtimer
23rd February 2019, 12:27
Here's a fun quote from 10:40,

A third century Christian apologist who is being ridiculed about his religion retorts (to the Romans), "Well, at least we don't carry our god on a cross like you do."

Emil El Zapato
23rd February 2019, 14:11
I'm listening, but don't need to...the answer is yes and it is very very obvious...

But...Christ as mythological being doesn't really stand up to historical scrutiny. Isis to Jesus spans millennia. If one considers that some brain specialists have speculated that the 'abstract thinking' centers of the brain hadn't fully developed until post the Greek epoch explains the vast differences in 'thought' before and after. Consider today...Do we have 'mythological' beings dominating our lives...hmmm, not really, despite the Q-phenomenon.

She seems sincere enough...But, the constellation on the horizon at dawn on December 25, for the last two thousands years has been either, Gemini, Cancer, or Leo...No where close to Virgo...but it is nice touch on her part.

Aragorn
23rd February 2019, 15:38
She seems sincere enough...But, the constellation on the horizon at dawn on December 25, for the last two thousands years has been either, Gemini, Cancer, or Leo...No where close to Virgo...but it is nice touch on her part.

If the Biblical Yeshua was a real person, then he would have been born around 4 BC, and most likely in March or April, based upon astronomical data ─ a conjunction ─ that could possibly explain for the bright light allegedly appearing in the night sky shortly after he was born. ;)

Emil El Zapato
23rd February 2019, 15:46
Roger, Dodger...

Maggie
24th February 2019, 04:40
This is a story about a personal encounter at an airport.

A man was waiting at a gate and another man told him a compelling story.

[SIZE=3]“I met the most amazing man one Sunday at our church; please, can I tell you about him?”

“I play in a band at our church. This man came into our service as we were playing the pre-worship. I noticed he had a tee-shirt with the blue-marble earth photo all blended into it. I thought, real cool. Also, he was a little darker skinned than most people who worship with us. We are open to everyone, but we do not have much diversity. I got back into my riffs; we rock in the pre-service.

We try to maximize the worship experience, allow everyone that awe moment. I suppose I shouldn’t even have noticed this man, but he was something of a misfit. I noticed he listened very intently. During the prayers he didn’t reach up or anything; he seemed in meditation focused within himself. I noticed him because I look up from prayers to keep the service flowing. I have to be ready for the transitions. When you are part of the show or the performance, it isn’t always just worshiping. I do relish the moments when everyone seems so connected.” He continued, “After service a couple handed our misfit, a newcomer kit, and said they hoped he had received a blessing today. As they left he looked at me carrying my guitar. I looked at him, I couldn’t look away.”

“I asked what his plans were today. He said, ‘I had hoped to talk with James.’ (our minister) ‘he has asked me to come so often.’ (the minister had already left)

My misfit added, ‘I will walk over to the beautiful area.’ There is a marvelous nature preserve on the other side of the highway. I said, "I will take you, if you don’t have a car. You can’t walk across the highway." He nodded. I felt compelled to protect him, he had such depth to his eyes.....

The visitor in this story... could he be the same one who visited another church?
story starts at 9:58

BflQCW7RJ5w

Dreamtimer
24th February 2019, 12:12
Wow, that's really interesting, Maggie. I'm not done listening yet, and wow.

Elen
24th February 2019, 12:19
Wow, that's really interesting, Maggie. I'm not done listening yet, and wow.

:bump2::bump2::love:

Dreamtimer
24th February 2019, 12:33
The herringbone pattern. It resembles a fish bone. Fish is a central symbol in Christianity.

It's a very popular fabric weave. Weaving is symbolic of the interconnectedness of us all.

The part about the garden reminds me of my dreams of nature. Lots of flowers and trees and animals. And it's usually quite beautiful.

Dreamtimer
24th February 2019, 12:39
I'm glad to hear her speak about the little things that matter. I taught my son that, and he embraced the idea. We all make a difference in each others lives by every little thing we do. And, like pennies, it all adds up.

Emil El Zapato
24th February 2019, 14:38
What does { love } feel like... :meditating:

she's a special person with special needs and Jesus was there... if it is real and not imaginary... :)

And Jesus said, "Go, your faith has failed you"

Dreamtimer
24th February 2019, 15:22
So we have some people who are exploring the history surrounding Jesus and are finding truth there.

And we have some people who are having direct experiences and finding truth there.

The hardest truth to accept, it seems to me, is that we're all loved as much as each other. None of us is more special than another.

Maggie
24th February 2019, 16:26
What does { love } feel like... :meditating:

she's a special person with special needs and Jesus was there... if it is real and not imaginary... :)

And Jesus said, "Go, your faith has failed you"

She talked about how she is always thinking about Jesus and has a relationship. I think this is very real. I think that when I hear "fundamentalists" talking about being saved, they COULD be describing a true relationship based on something before religion. Religion took it and packaged up the possibility and says "MY RELIGION" is GOD"S ONLY WAY.

I see all kinds of extremely wonderfully loving people who are sincere and have a releationship with God as they understand god (or through Jesus or another representative). The UNFORTUNATE part of religion is that all these various people are separated form each other by religions which contain them. The real experiencers are persuaded that the religion produced the relationship. IMO.

Emil El Zapato
24th February 2019, 16:36
that's an interesting thought. My opinion of many that 'think' they have a relationship with Jesus/source but act in a contrary fashion are doing so because they have 'no concept' of the nature of that relationship. I've been soundly castigated and been greeted with more than a few huhs when I suggest that the ability to have paranormal or psychic experiences are one and the same ability to establish a true relationship. But that doesn't make those people evil, it just makes them unaware of what it is REALLY about. And it might be that they are never capable of experiencing it. It is sad and perhaps unfair but it is up to the individual to know themselves.

So we have some people who are exploring the history surrounding Jesus and are finding truth there.

And we have some people who are having direct experiences and finding truth there.

The hardest truth to accept, it seems to me, is that we're all loved as much as each other. None of us is more special than another.

I've always believed that we are all very special. The thing is some people at a spiritual decision point make the wrong choice and begin to believe 'They are especially special' and if it is a 'conscious' decision then it is evil incarnate.

Maggie
24th February 2019, 18:12
The herringbone pattern. It resembles a fish bone. Fish is a central symbol in Christianity.

It's a very popular fabric weave. Weaving is symbolic of the interconnectedness of us all.

The part about the garden reminds me of my dreams of nature. Lots of flowers and trees and animals. And it's usually quite beautiful.

I know this might be slightly off topic? I am not sure, but the beingness of Christ might be a
"place holder" for the beingness that we are in the larger context? I am curious about the reality described in "life between lives"?

TD3D5upWVaw

Dreamtimer
30th May 2019, 14:22
Miguel Connor is talking about gnostic Jesus v. orthodox Jesus. This is about pre-Nicean Christianity of course.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDAdQm1LmcE

Dreamtimer
30th May 2019, 21:28
At 24:05:

"...Mary Magdalene and all those cats..."

:lol::ttr::lol:

Aianawa
30th May 2019, 21:41
I wondered where will I put this vid or start a new thread ?, and look at the thread last posted upon, here lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBEOzZdP1co

Aianawa
30th May 2019, 21:56
Gosh, more n found this very interesting indeed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRcnJPQqY0c