PDA

View Full Version : Empire Files: Trump Expands The Empire's War On Protests In The USA

Aragorn
10th January 2018, 14:05
DESCRIPTION

At Trump's inauguration, around 200 protesters and journalists were mass arrested and now face up to 70 years in prison on baseless charges. Many other legal assaults on civil liberties are in the works around the country, from treating anti-fascists as "domestic terrorists", to legislation protecting drivers who run over peaceful marchers.

To explore what this means for U.S. activists today, Abby Martin sits down with constitutional rights lawyer Mara Verheyden-Hilliard, head of the Partnership for Civil Justice Fund (JusticeOnline.org), a premiere legal organization defending protest rights. Verheyden-Hilliard has litigated, and won, several cases against the U.S. government for mass arrests and other types of repression.

DURATION

26 minutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWI7fyCVZLs

Emil El Zapato
11th January 2018, 00:37
what can anyone say really...2 years ago I speculated that it would come to this if he was elected. After the 1st time I heard him say "my generals" I knew it was a done deal.

Elen
11th January 2018, 07:22
DESCRIPTION

At Trump's inauguration, around 200 protesters and journalists were mass arrested and now face up to 70 years in prison on baseless charges. Many other legal assaults on civil liberties are in the works around the country, from treating anti-fascists as "domestic terrorists", to legislation protecting drivers who run over peaceful marchers.

To explore what this means for U.S. activists today, Abby Martin sits down with constitutional rights lawyer Mara Verheyden-Hilliard, head of the Partnership for Civil Justice Fund (JusticeOnline.org), a premiere legal organization defending protest rights. Verheyden-Hilliard has litigated, and won, several cases against the U.S. government for mass arrests and other types of repression.

DURATION

26 minutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWI7fyCVZLs

Oh yes, "If you're not WITH me...You're AGAINST me." :argue:

Dreamtimer
11th January 2018, 12:06
I wish I could have slapped Bush in the face when he said that. His mom should have.

Elen
11th January 2018, 12:16
I wish I could have slapped Bush in the face when he said that. His mom should have.

OK I'm not violent Dreamtimer...but I would have slapped him too! Just enough to wake him up. :p

Aragorn
11th January 2018, 15:48
Oh yes, "If you're not WITH me...You're AGAINST me." :argue:

OK I'm not violent Dreamtimer...but I would have slapped him too! Just enough to wake him up. :p

Well, you don't have to slap Dubya anymore now. Now it is time to slap The Donald™. :p

Dreamtimer
11th January 2018, 20:15
I never hit my son. I don't slap people. It might work for some, it doesn't for me. Words are fine, strong tools. Even in my dreams where I could just make someone explode or melt away, I'd still talk first. Turns out words are really powerful in dreams, too.

I don't know how to send people dreams but if I could send Trump one I might consider it. I'd have to know how to get through to him, though. As in, help him listen and understand.

Emil El Zapato
11th January 2018, 21:24
that's a nice though Dreamtimer...I wouldn't waste my 'energy' on him...but that says something bad about me doesn't it... I'd rather see him go down in flames. But I will say this, if and when he does...I'd probably be the first to throw a bucket of water on him...

Dreamtimer
11th January 2018, 23:02
I was going to say I wouldn't waste my energy on a slap. :lol:

Dumpster Diver
12th January 2018, 15:48
here's hoping to see W in an orange jump suit frog-marching in Gitmo soon.

Dreamtimer
13th January 2018, 02:05
He's busy painting.
https://taskandpurpose.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/bush_paintings.jpg