PDA

View Full Version : Understanding Trump - Fixing the System

Herbert
18th November 2017, 17:09
The US/China Deal That The Cabal Didn't Want You To Know About: Harley Schlanger

g_F4VWUkGwo

In the comments section:
"I can confirm Harley's claim for Serbia, I am from Serbia and China's investments in Serbia in last few years are huge...
building bridges, power plant and some highways....they bought steel mill in Smederevo city. They are going to build high speed railway between Belgrade and Budapest."

Emil El Zapato
18th November 2017, 17:43
Larouche is your average lunatic, he's a Texan.

Tax reform talks don't 'overlook' these issues, they deliberately ignore them, this is what the right does. The Obama 'Asia pivot' was a war-based intitiative? This is total nonsense. Trump is only doing what he thinks will benefit him personally. Any current movement in the banking industry is driven by the right...all the things mentioned in the video regarding the EU and U.S. behaviors. And yes, it is hopeless lunacy.

This guy is full of poo-poo...Where do they find these people...

Obama didn't build anything...he tore things apart (in terms of industry). This is insidious right wing/libertarian propaganda. Obama tried to fund infrastructure repair, fostered organizations to innovate in the areas of energy and space, he actually modified patent laws to forestall efforts by agencies to short-circuit private individual innovation, but he was stopped in every attempt, in fact, he was soundly derided by the right for his efforts.

People of the world, do not fall for this bullsh*t!

Rhiain
19th November 2017, 05:21
---***---

Emil El Zapato
19th November 2017, 14:07
yeah, my mistake...My first exposure to Larouche was in Dallas Texas...He has a major organization there and I assumed he was from Texas...in fact, I still think he might live in Dallas Texas currently.
Not true, wealthy bankers are almost exclusively right wing for obvious and their own good reasons.
The good points are darker shades of truth, thus, NOT good points.

NAP

This might have been how I got the misimpression... I'll have to admit that anything Texas political is anathema to me...so I'm biased.. :holysheep:

Lakesha (Kesha) D. Rogers (born December 9, 1976) is an American political activist in the Lyndon LaRouche Youth Movement, a former candidate in the Democratic primary for U.S. Senate in Texas, and a two-time Democratic Party nominee for Texas's 22nd congressional district.[2] Rogers, an African American, is a follower of Lyndon LaRouche and his LaRouche movement. She called for the impeachment of U.S. President Barack Obama.

'Average Lunatic' definition:

Look up Lyndon Larouche, you'll find his picture in the dictionary

Dumpster Diver
19th November 2017, 14:36
Kinda reminds me of the old joke:

Joe: the only people who went to Alabama were whores and football players

Bill: my wife went to Alabama

Joe: what position did she play?

Emil El Zapato
19th November 2017, 15:22
lol...that's hilarious. thanks Dumpster... :)

Kinda reminds me of the old joke:

Joe: the only people who went to Alabama were whores and football players

Bill: my wife went to Alabama

Joe: what position did she play?

I met a guy in Austin, Texas this week (I'm working a contract for Dell corporation) that is from Alabama...He was/is friends with the Trump Judge appt that was unanimously rated to be unqualified for the position...the only time in history such a thing has happened.

Herbert
19th November 2017, 15:24
I suggest that Americans elevate their thinking above the insidious 2 party dopamine that has always created division for the delight of the “Deep State” controllers.

That kind of thinking in the old Western egoistic way of the A.I. corporate model: DIVISION AND COMPETITION FOR SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST.

Such a typically “American Way” can only lead to war and destruction.

The new way of thinking is the "Eastern Way" of COOPERATION AND SHARING OF ENERGY FOR SURVIVAL OF ALL.

I disagree with him on biotechnology and A.I., but working together we, both INDIVIDUALS AND NATIONS, can make a difference.

That is what I got out of the OP.

Emil El Zapato
19th November 2017, 16:41
Hi Herbert,

all true, what is in question here is 'who is in fact driving this paradigm'. Everything else I agree with.

Here's my fundamental position:

The only thing that has chaged in the last 300 hundred years is that sane members of the right have distanced themselves from the left/right paradigm because they know that the remaining right is insane, but at the same time they can't countenance the existence of the left. The only approach left standing is denial of the left/right paradigm, as in 'They're all the same'. They never have been and never will be. Unfortunately, for all the former 'sane' right wishes, it still in reality exists.

With the birth of the alt-right, all the former righties found a home, but again, another serious mistake was made. The alt-right, as we are discovering, is as disgusting as the remaining insane right, if not worse. We can use Steve Bannon as a perfect example. This guy is an anarchist (not that there's anyting wrong with that), but his 'anarchy' seems suspiciously close to white supremacy or to fall into that well-known meme, Nazism.

For better or for worse, we can blame the Bush's for the epiphany of the right (as I alluded to in an earlier post). Hard reality is a bitter pill to swallow.

Octopus Garden
19th November 2017, 17:14
Agree with 'Not a Pretender.' There is a singular lust for power on both sides of the divide. And those divides have their own divides as NaP describes.

Bannon, a true fascist, is a hardened neo-con who represents those who absolutely want globalism -- a unipolar globalism, where trade agreements are rigged in their favour, for starters. They are trying to maintain the reserve currency dollar system, as well.

All those jobs they plan to bring back, will be automated or done by prison labor. The hard lunatic right reneged on the Paris Climate accord so they are free to turn the U.S. into a smoke stack hell, where their own constituents slave away for pennies on the dollar.

Their naive constituents will be cranking out Barbie dolls like sausage links in debtor's work camps under smoggy skies, waiting, always waiting for salvation while muttering about the sheer evil of Obama and Hillary.

Don't get me wrong, the 'left liberals' that are rightfully despised, were fascist lite. You will experience, in your own country, the fist of the hard right when the velvet gloves come off....just as blacks in the U.S always have.

Fred Steeves
19th November 2017, 18:40
When it's all boiled down, the left is always right.

Emil El Zapato
19th November 2017, 19:31
lol... yup! :)

Dreamtimer
20th November 2017, 11:32
No one side is always right.

Having said that, I cannot count all of the times I've tried to take a common sense and logical approach to something and people literally call me liberal.

Why, someone please tell me, is common sense and logic and looking at all the facts liberal? Why? Why do people call me liberal when I'm not even being political? Why are facts and knowledge called liberal?

Why has my ever conservative brother spent his entire adult life saying, "I don't have time to think, I don't have time to listen."? He told me just this year he keeps his headphones on so he doesn't have to listen to the people around him. He's deliberately uninformed and loves to speak talking points. He's spent my entire adult life telling me, "Oh, I guess you're not as liberal as I thought you were."

Really? After 50 years he can't figure it out? He sees what he wants to see.

And so when I use simple logic combined with knowledge, I get called liberal.

I like to call it Smart American.

Fred Steeves
20th November 2017, 12:50
When it's all boiled down, the left is always right.

No one side is always right.

That was just a play on words, to be taken one of two ways :)

Either cat nip for our lefty members, or how generally similar the two sides are.

Dreamtimer
20th November 2017, 21:37
Fred, I just saw that and went with my thoughts and totally didn't pay attention to the play on words. Very clever, thank you. I hope my reply was worth something anyway. :rolleyes:

modwiz
20th November 2017, 21:47
The main thing keeping Americans at odds with each other is politics. A good idea has no party affiliation and politics is a game where good ideas from the 'wrong' side of an aisle get pushed aside. Belonging to a political party also often leads to letting party leaders, usually criminals, do the thinking for its party members.

Politics is so 20th century and is now an encumbering paradigm.

Dumpster Diver
21st November 2017, 12:37
The main thing keeping Americans at odds with each other is politics. A good idea has no party affiliation and politics is a game where good ideas from the 'wrong' side of an aisle get pushed aside. Belonging to a political party also often leads to letting party leaders, usually criminals, do the thinking for its party members.

Politics is so 20th century and is now an encumbering paradigm.

I cannot agree more.

I’ll go a step further, labeling folks is an ethnocentric insult. Almost the same as a racial insult.

Emil El Zapato
21st November 2017, 12:40
We only have to convince the politicians...

Ntonyo
23rd November 2017, 01:36
The prime question is what/who is the ultimate source of power? Aliens? Secret governments? Financial circles? None of them...
At the end of the day only People, especially en masse, trully have these unbelievable powers which can change entire Universal history. I know it is old and all known piece of knowledge (We Humans don't like simple things). But if it works...

Be it Russia or US, or China etc. majority of People are still looking for politicians to fix mess the same politicians have created themselves, if it is not the true definition of stupidity and ignorance I don't know what is. Current world trend (which can be perfectly monitored through social media, youtube) shows perfectly that divisions are completely gone. It is only power crazy who try to convience Us, following their secret agendas, bringing about collapse using tides of immigrants (created due wars they've instigated) to keep this stupid racial concept alive. So during the time of artificially created economic recession We would cry and fight amongts each other because: "It's f* Immigratns, they, they are ruining Our economy!!!". Now everyting is not about countries neither leaders or systems on the contrary it is about individuals and communities living in different countries uniting to build a new world where love, collaboration, mutual understanding and respect will be the one and most precious currency.

Power crazy know that, they are more than just masters of "human resources" management, they are perfect psychological experts who understand where are We as Humanity going and why. They realize potential consequences of current awaking, that is happening all arround the globe, even Those who were "perfect agents" of the system, now questioning the very foundation of its basis (look last Ronald Bernard interview). This is why they are hasting with introducing mega automated systems and army of industrial and war robots to get rid off Humans from any level of social, economic and army structures. They are literally leading Us to the Matrix world.

Now it can be understood that the drive behind this whole matrix, agenda 215345345343 ideas is not conscious at all, it is more like a program the software carefully written by many People through entire Human history which should gain for its developers long awated super power over entire world. Would We appeal to the software to stop? Would we ask killing machine while it is just cutting off Our body parts to reverse and (let's use silly example)start planting trees?

Why are We still discussing any puppets or this fool-curtain called politics. It is right - technology is neutral the only way how We use it determines its status. In fact politics is always been kinda exclusion of this rule because its sole purpose is/was to decieve. I wholeheartedly wish that this time this politics stuff will be put into a right place- straight into garbage once and for all.

Although, for now the most hardest task every single Human got is to remember Who We Are and how to use Our inner powers once again to break through this system-dependency concept We ourselves had created. We are on a crossroad where Our choice has narrowed down to binary. What is Your choice? "Blue or red pill?"

Emil El Zapato
23rd November 2017, 12:22
hmm, The Blue or Red pill thing...

I do understand your view of things, and, of course, there is much truth to it, BUT, the critical lever that produces the pill is us. We have to choose to pull our lever to produce the pill that we then choose to take. Seems many many people are blind to the lever which leaves us with the status quo after a fashion. I don't know which pill does what but I took one long ago and I continue to wait for humanity en masse to recognize the lever to do the same. Very few, in my opinon would choose to live a fantasy. Until that day, we have to keep living the life we see and there is nothing we can do about it.

NAP

Herbert
23rd November 2017, 16:00
hmm, The Blue or Red pill thing...

I do understand your view of things, and, of course, there is much truth to it, BUT, the critical lever that produces the pill is us. We have to choose to pull our lever to produce the pill that we then choose to take. Seems many many people are blind to the lever which leaves us with the status quo after a fashion. I don't know which pill does what but I took one long ago and I continue to wait for humanity en masse to recognize the lever to do the same. Very few, in my opinon would choose to live a fantasy. Until that day, we have to keep living the life we see and there is nothing we can do about it.

NAP

I know everyone thinks that way, because that is exactly what I used to say - until I tried the Giveaway. It changed everything for me the very next day. I could not believe the difference in my outlook and my behavior, my attitude . It made me aware of how much more important my feelings were over my logic, that my heart mind was the center of my being over my i.q.

The very first time I used the Giveaway I could not think of anything to write so I just wrote negative words like can't, fear, frustration and so on without being able to (reinforce) read them back (pencil on newspaper). Then I burned it. I know it sounds crazy but it works and as I changed the people around me changed in a healthier way.

It took courage to try it the first time and I rationalized not doing it for a long time because I had no idea how effective it would be. Over time it gets more intense and you will find you get tested very shortly as to how well you have learned your lessons in attitude. We can change the world one person at a time beginning with the only one you really have any control over.

This is a practical solution toward changing the collective consciousness because it changes your behavior and vibe which has a big effect on those you interact with physically.

If you really believe you matter then why not try it?

Elen
23rd November 2017, 16:22
I know everyone thinks that way, because that is exactly what I used to say - until I tried the Giveaway. It changed everything for me the very next day. I could not believe the difference in my outlook and my behavior, my attitude . It made me aware of how much more important my feelings were over my logic, that my heart mind was the center of my being over my i.q.

The very first time I used the Giveaway I could not think of anything to write so I just wrote negative words like can't, fear, frustration and so on without being able to (reinforce) read them back (pencil on newspaper). Then I burned it. I know it sounds crazy but it works and as I changed the people around me changed in a healthier way.

It took courage to try it the first time and I rationalized not doing it for a long time because I had no idea how effective it would be. Over time it gets more intense and you will find you get tested very shortly as to how well you have learned your lessons in attitude. We can change the world one person at a time beginning with the only one you really have any control over.

This is a practical solution toward changing the collective consciousness because it changes your behavior and vibe which has a big effect on those you interact with physically.

If you really believe you matter then why not try it?

I remember a "burning ceremony" that I attended in Norway with a few friends. We didn't do it in the way of Chris Thomas, but I think the idea is the same. We wrote what we wanted to get rid of on a piece of paper and when everybody was ready, we burnt it on a fire, outside. And I swear to you all…IT WORKED! I had a big problem that needed to be attended to…it went away shortly after. So I can also attest to this….try it, and if not only, just the way Herbert suggests…it will work!

Dumpster Diver
23rd November 2017, 18:09
Ok, I gotta Try this one...

...I wrote Aragorn’s name on a piece of paper...burned it, and he did NOT go poof...

...darn it, I think I wrote Argon...

Aragorn
23rd November 2017, 18:25
Ok, I gotta Try this one...

...I wrote Aragorn’s name on a piece of paper...burned it, and he did NOT go poof...

I'm sure Herbert could have told you that it doesn't work that way, Dumptruck Driver. He's already tried that. :p :ttr:

...darn it, I think I wrote Argon...

Yes, and that's what Gio used to call me, and now Gio's gone. See what you've done? :cracky: :ttr:

Emil El Zapato
23rd November 2017, 18:44
well, that's interesting...I knew someone would have to respond to that fatalistic ending to the post. Methaphorical, of course. We wouldn't spend our time debating the issues if we didn't think we could do something about it... :)

I'm almost afraid to try the burning thing. We get so used to a 'manner of being' it can be a little inertia busting to do something about them. If I was gonna burn something what would it be?

That is a big hmmm!!! :)

NAP

Actually the burning is just a symbolic act...the power of it comes from something/somewhere/from within.

enjoy being
23rd November 2017, 20:38
Yeah, I'd like to understand how rolling back 10 years of anti pollution legislation and curtailing - via police force and intimidation, the right to protest peacefully... is fixing the system.

Aragorn
23rd November 2017, 21:15
Yeah, I'd like to understand how rolling back 10 years of anti pollution legislation and curtailing - via police force and intimidation, the right to protest peacefully... is fixing the system.

His administration has also rolled back the so-called Net Neutrality now, which means that internet service providers may now throttle their customers' bandwidth again based upon the nature of the traffic. For instance, peer-to-peer traffic — e.g. the BitTorrent (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BitTorrent) system — may now be throttled back again in favor of other types of traffic.

enjoy being
23rd November 2017, 21:40
One of the first things rolled back was the decision on the Standing Rock section of pipeline. Someone managed to trace his name back to the companies involved.

Aragorn
23rd November 2017, 22:08
One of the first things rolled back was the decision on the Standing Rock section of pipeline. Someone managed to trace his name back to the companies involved.

Oh yeah... People like to think in such black & white terms. Just because he's cracking down on the pedophiles doesn't mean that he's a savior of any sorts. :rolleyes:

From the get-go, his administration has been wrought with nepotism. The first thing he did was put his family members at strategic positions within his government and grant special favors to his business associates. The guy's running his country like a mafia don, and then I'm not even getting into his international politics and the apartheid-style wall he plans on building.

It has always been said that the USA is a corporation — which I very well believe to be true — but in that context, Donald Trump's election should simply be considered a hostile takeover. The old management has been ousted in favor of the new corporate overlord, but it still is a corporate overlord. There's no "we, the people" involved in any of that.

I wouldn't be surprised if The Donald™ were to turn out the reincarnation of Al Capone. :ttr: :ha: (Just kidding of course — Trump was born in 1946, and Capone died in 1947. ;))

modwiz
23rd November 2017, 22:46
Oh yeah... People like to think in such black & white terms. Just because he's cracking down on the pedophiles doesn't mean that he's a savior of any sorts. :rolleyes:

The whole 'saviour concept comes from the abrahamic faiths and turbo-charged with xtianity. It is an alien idea and is well fitted for the criminal class called gooberment. I refuse to talk politics with anyone in my personal or other life. The plot of Lord of The rings is more relevant to our times than the outdated practice of political parties. Needless to say, anyone discussing politics is a sign for me to exit the conversation. Like angels dancing on the head of a pin, speaking of politics is counter-productive and missing the real problems that needs solving. A permanent criminal ruling class, regardless of party affiliation, is one of those problems.

enjoy being
23rd November 2017, 22:46
And it could still be it was a better option than the other one... which starts off a whole screed of potential yabbering and obfuscation.
To an end where if one has the chance to pull the bickering amateur debaters off each other in webforums around the world, it comes back to what many of us say, the thing that is most important or that would solve the bulk of problems, is each individual managing to get a grip on themselves and resist the poisonous attributes within them.
It's the little things, the white lies, the distortions made just because of an individuals hopes and fears. A reporter or an 'expert' stating as a false witness, that something or other is the "worst case they have ever seen". Doing things in the guise of best intentions, but they are fictions made due to the individuals emotional imbalance.
This system doesn't necessarily require fixing, it requires a better quality of participants. From the top down to the bottom.

Fred Steeves
24th November 2017, 00:27
The old management has been ousted in favor of the new corporate overlord, but it still is a corporate overlord. There's no "we, the people" involved in any of that.

The rights enshrined to"We The People" do actually still exist in all practicality, but it takes a lot of individual self education to begin understanding how to access and harness that still potent lightning rod of power. Even so one had better be prepared for initial wrongful (and often spiteful!) arrest outside of law anyway for daring to do so, while trusting the court system to come through in the end.

It does still happen.

sandy
24th November 2017, 01:21
And it could still be it was a better option than the other one... which starts off a whole screed of potential yabbering and obfuscation.
To an end where if one has the chance to pull the bickering amateur debaters off each other in webforums around the world, it comes back to what many of us say, the thing that is most important or that would solve the bulk of problems, is each individual managing to get a grip on themselves and resist the poisonous attributes within them.
It's the little things, the white lies, the distortions made just because of an individuals hopes and fears. A reporter or an 'expert' stating as a false witness, that something or other is the "worst case they have ever seen". Doing things in the guise of best intentions, but they are fictions made due to the individuals emotional imbalance.
This system doesn't necessarily require fixing, it requires a better quality of participants. From the top down to the bottom.

And just another good reason to individually write down issues, feelings, problems, etc. pertinent to the self and then burning it........it is a good place to start versus externally...... who needs to know or see what you write....it is a safe action of maturation and highly recommended .... just my 3 cents worth :tiphat:

enjoy being
24th November 2017, 02:02
And just another good reason to individually write down issues, feelings, problems, etc. pertinent to the self and then burning it........it is a good place to start versus externally...... who needs to know or see what you write....it is a safe action of maturation and highly recommended .... just my 3 cents worth :tiphat:

It is, Sandy. Well it sounds good. I am not sure where I first heard of it or the versions of it. I have noted that that 'giveaway' term I keep seeing in the recent posts list, ended up being a name for this same technique. It didn't originate there though, it is a very old concept.
Also similar in theory to the "mindseye healing" technique I outlined in a thread a few months back.

In terms of mass change, my past opinion on the chances of this happening is that it would require each individual to face their individual lessons and rise out of 'rock bottom'. The journey into the Dark Night of the Soul. The great test which de-constructs the person and allows them to feel genuine choices.
On one hand I see that it may be fine for this to happen one at a time at any time stretching into the distance, but on the other hand one is aware of how this could just mean ships passing in the night, and when the few change their ways, the others take advantage.
So then I became aware of the notion of grand scale events causing change, as a trigger to mass journey into the Dark Night of the Soul. In turning this concept over, it became apparent that such a notion might be a thing which the trap of a negative orientated service to others philanthropist might entertain. Meaning someone attempting to cause such a climate in some mad theory that it will help set the fire in which each persons phoenix would rise. Presuming that for such a thing to happen one would be talking about an event which would be a great catastrophe or tribulation.. an aside to that was an epiphany I had, that some of those that might need the biggest rocket, are also the softest and most spoiled, so they may well not really need a huge catastrophe to set them off on their journey. Just an appropriate one perfectly relating to their dialogue.

I feel that may have been a bit confusing. So there are the two camps. Chipping away in increments of baby steps, or burning paper.. or being put through the ringer and hitting rock bottom.
I have been aware frequently of how sometimes a person is on their journey to rock bottom, and either people trying to help or save them, takes them away from the path they were on, stalling or prolonging their journey. They may choose to for instance, write down and burn, and that may well be effective as it is them taking the steps and as you say, it is not an externalised process.
I am not saying one is better or worse. Mainly I think I am highlighting the result from interference of others even when they are well meaning. We are here for experience and need to experience our lessons for them to be genuine. It makes one aware of how influenced we can be. In many ways "it is a minefield out there", this sort of curliness to life for humans seems like a natural state. Adding to the notion of the place being a school to experience trauma and hard times.
There's those wild life shows that show how orphaned wild animals usually have all the skills needed to BE their species, via instincts. Holding that up next to the concept relaying in Lord of the Flies, makes one wonder.

Emil El Zapato
24th November 2017, 12:34
Hi Nothing,

"This system doesn't necessarily require fixing, it requires a better quality of participants. From the top down to the bottom."

You nailed it...no matter what we call the 'system', any system, it will always be comprised of individuals that 'lead' based on their 'instincts'. Some research suggests these 'instincts' and 'proclivities' go beyond personality tendencies to the very core of genetic mandates.

The answer is still the same!

NAP

Dumpster Diver
24th November 2017, 15:46
...I prefer Dark Knight of the soul, myself...

Wind
25th November 2017, 00:10
http://www.inspiredluv.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Inspiring-Love-Quotes-For-Your-Loved-Ones-16-800x600.jpg

sandy
25th November 2017, 01:46
Yes Wind....LOVE is the answer but more than that it is " SELF LOVE "......

NOT self indulgence either but True Personal Integrity.......about your inner good, bad and ugly and enhancing what makes you love yourself and finding ways to change the things you don't!!...............in essence; what Nothing was saying at least to my understanding.

I'm working on " SELF LOVE " and some of it has been enthralling, intriguing and thrilling but for the most part it is the dark knight of the soul however what a joy to finally accept it, love that part of me and say goodbye to many facets and ways of being too. With understanding I can let go of old ways of surviving and be thankful for them getting me to where I am today. One thing about letting go of an old behavior is, it will never really leave and will pop back up immediately if you are ever in a real bind and the old way, is the only way out, for genuine survival.

When I LOVE me, my transfer of LOVE to others is genuine, and has no agendas or expectations. I am full of patience, understanding, forgiveness and compassion. Big roster to fill daily. Thus the work is ongoing as it is a neverending mindfulness that is needed just to stay on top of my own thoughts, feelings, and actions that keep me interacting in this world today.

My focus is LOVE and oh how I can slip up when I procrastinate the taking care of my Self Love!!

I am Grateful and gives Thanks to all the Members, the Forum and TOT Staff for facilitating a safe place to learn and grow.

:group hug:

Wind
6th December 2017, 23:35
Trump might just have destabilized the whole Middle East with this statement. But hey, at least he didn't start any wars there... Yet!

I like to knock on wood so let's just hope that this won't cause any problems. Any bets?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CFWDpt19I4

modwiz
6th December 2017, 23:42
There is a saying, To throw the cat among the pigeons. The status quo in the ME has been stagnant. Not anymore.

Aragorn
7th December 2017, 00:22
Trump might just have destabilized the whole Middle East with this statement. But hey, at least he didn't start any wars there... Yet!

I like to knock on wood so let's just hope that this won't cause any problems. Any bets?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CFWDpt19I4

I've read about that stunt in the mainstream news, or perhaps better put, I saw the headline in my Google News feed — I didn't feel a need to read the actual article.

There is so much wrong with that speech that I don't even know where to begin. :fpalm:

So what we have here, is a mafia-related and misogynist racist who has been elected* by other mafioso, white-supremacists and other fascists as the head of state of a developing nation which spends well over 60% of its gross national income on its military, and who is referring to a similarly fascist regime in the Middle-East as "one of the most successful democracies in the world", as well as that he's single-handedly relocating said Middle-Eastern country's capitol on religious grounds, and all that while he's not even a citizen of said country. :rolleyes:

:shocked: :fpalm: :crazy:

* Not that Hillary Clinton would have been a better choice by any stretch, of course. But then again, if your only choice is between two evils, then you always lose, no matter what.

Emil El Zapato
7th December 2017, 01:20
Hi Aragorn,

you don't have to be an apologist for Trump...Hillary has at least a modicum of sanity and intelligence, neither of which are notable Trump characteristics. Modwiz is correct in one fashion, if you want to unseat the status quo, well, we have our man. Trump is disinterested in contemplating the potential world wide conflagration...talk about excitement, I've been bored since the first cold war ended. I've said before that prior to my daughter's birth, I felt that a nuclear holocaust was man's best hope.

If I didn't know human nature, I would say that the right is undergoing a fatal meltdown, but given that most people don't have a historical/hysterical attention span beyond a few days, they will likely survive.

Dreamtimer
8th December 2017, 11:49
Tha chaos of Trump doesn't conveniently get rid of the cabal or the deep state or any of that. What it does is undermine and corrode the institutions we have that enable us to live our lives. There isn't another, better plan in place once democracy is undermined or gone completely.

Trump admires strong-men, like Putin. He's jealous of Kim Jong-un.

We should be very careful what we wish for. The chaos of Trump doesn't bring prosperity and peace.

It brings warlords and strongmen.

Kathy
8th December 2017, 15:12
Regarding the insanity of our world, Zeitgeists happen all of a sudden and when that energy enters the arena things just change and conclusions result in good changes. Zeitgeists happen, it seems to me, when the majority of minds agree.

Dumpster Diver
8th December 2017, 15:32
Lately I’m taking a dog/flea view of our relationship with Gaia. In our flea centric world view, we are forgetting Gaia is being poisoned by our noxious activities, thus we are about to embark on a visit to the vet where a de-fleaing operation is about to begin. DW/CG and the Blue Chicken cultists think this is a positive “leveling up” operation. I’m not so sure. We are a particularly nasty sort of flea. We tend to not get along with anyone, particularly ourselves, much less the dog.

By the Blue Chicken cult’s own account, we have blown up one planet, withered another, and are well on our he way towards fouling this one.

Take joy in your extinction.

Emil El Zapato
8th December 2017, 21:08
Lately I’m taking a dog/flea view of our relationship with Gaia. In our flea centric world view, we are forgetting Gaia is being poisoned by our noxious activities, thus we are about to embark on a visit to the vet where a de-fleaing operation is about to begin. DW/CG and the Blue Chicken cultists think this is a positive “leveling up” operation. I’m not so sure. We are a particularly nasty sort of flea. We tend to not get along with anyone, particularly ourselves, much less the dog.

By the Blue Chicken cult’s own account, we have blown up one planet, withered another, and are well on our he way towards fouling this one.

Take joy in your extinction.

Amen!

NAP

Lemual
9th December 2017, 03:58
Hi Herbert,

all true, what is in question here is 'who is in fact driving this paradigm'. Everything else I agree with.

Here's my fundamental position:

The only thing that has chaged in the last 300 hundred years is that sane members of the right have distanced themselves from the left/right paradigm because they know that the remaining right is insane, but at the same time they can't countenance the existence of the left. The only approach left standing is denial of the left/right paradigm, as in 'They're all the same'. They never have been and never will be. Unfortunately, for all the former 'sane' right wishes, it still in reality exists.

With the birth of the alt-right, all the former righties found a home, but again, another serious mistake was made. The alt-right, as we are discovering, is as disgusting as the remaining insane right, if not worse. We can use Steve Bannon as a perfect example. This guy is an anarchist (not that there's anyting wrong with that), but his 'anarchy' seems suspiciously close to white supremacy or to fall into that well-known meme, Nazism.

For better or for worse, we can blame the Bush's for the epiphany of the right (as I alluded to in an earlier post). Hard reality is a bitter pill to swallow.

Just one minor thing. Steve Bannon is NOT an Anarchist by any stretch of the imagination. Anyone who holds a public position isn't. I also noticed you associated (in an earlier post) "right wing" with Libertarianism too. Also a mistake in my view. I realise colloquially it's meaning may approach something like that but I really don't feel Anarchism or Liberatarianism are associated with a left/right paradigm.

And further to the left/right paradigm. It basically breaks down to progressive/conservative views. As I see it, in any given situation, you may want to be progressive or conservative. Why align yourself to one camp if both view points can be valuable or even necessary in the convolution that is life.

http://www.inspiredluv.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Inspiring-Love-Quotes-For-Your-Loved-Ones-16-800x600.jpg

Horribly pedantic of me (as I'm a huge Jimi fan) but Jimi never played a Tele... :p

Aragorn
9th December 2017, 06:25
Just one minor thing. Steve Bannon is NOT an Anarchist by any stretch of the imagination. Anyone who holds a public position isn't. I also noticed you associated (in an earlier post) "right wing" with Libertarianism too. Also a mistake in my view. I realise colloquially it's meaning may approach something like that but I really don't feel Anarchism or Liberatarianism are associated with a left/right paradigm.

And you are correct in that. Instead of a left-right horizon, a more appropriate representation of political orientations would be a compass, with the traditional left and right on the West-East axis, and authoritarianism versus libertarianism on the North-South axis. And when it comes to the USA, both the Democrats and the Republicans would then solidly be in the top right quadrant, with the Democrats only just marginally closer to the vertical center line. Europe generally balances around that vertical center line, but also solidly remains in the top half.

Myself, I would be somewhere in the lower left quadrant, which is where the political convictions of Mahatma Gandhi and Nelson Mandela resided. ;)

Horribly pedantic of me (as I'm a huge Jimi fan) but Jimi never played a Tele... :p

I was wondering about that myself, but there is a rumor that he actually used Noel Redding's Telecaster for the studio recording of "Purple Haze". He either way owned and used a whole slew of guitars, including a Squier Strat with a single humbucker in the bridge position, a Fender Jaguar, a Danelectro Shorthorn, at least two white Gibson SG Customs (one early 1960s "Les Paul" SG with the small pickguard and one post-1966 with the larger pickguard), at least one (black) Gibson Les Paul Custom, and at least two Gibson Flying Vs (one white and one black, the latter with psychedelic painting by himself). He also used an Epiphone, but I'm not sure whether it was a Crestwood, a Wilshire or a Coronet. But of course, his main axe was always the Fender Stratocaster, and he certainly owned a great number of those. ;)

Jimi also never cared about matching his live sound to the sounds and guitars he was using at the studio. When playing live gigs, he would play the entire set using whatever guitar(s) he happened to have with him — whether it was a Gibson or a Fender, it didn't matter to him. He was a "shoot from the hip" kind of guy, and he preferred loose jam-like arrangements over tightly rehearsed solos. ;)

Fred Steeves
9th December 2017, 13:08
Why align yourself to one camp if both view points can be valuable or even necessary in the convolution that is life.

From my observations it's that people are basically tribal in nature, pick a team and stick with them no matter what. We see it in gangs, sports, politics, all the way up the scale to international conflict. Us vs. them, the good guys vs. the bad guys.

And of course my team is always the good guys, the colors I'm sporting so proudly proves it beyond all doubt. :eyebrows:

Elen
9th December 2017, 16:27
From my observations it's that people are basically tribal in nature, pick a team and stick with them no matter what. We see it in gangs, sports, politics, all the way up the scale to international conflict. Us vs. them, the good guys vs. the bad guys.

And of course my team is always the good guys, the colors I'm sporting so proudly proves it beyond all doubt. :eyebrows:

Why stop there Fred..."My God is better than Yours" :p

Emil El Zapato
10th December 2017, 00:14
I was laughed at once when I stated my true political position:

Be Kind!

libertarianism and authoritarianism are not opposite poles in my estimation. Libertarians are just authoritarians that never grew up! Not kiddding! :)

Aragorn
10th December 2017, 01:51
libertarianism and authoritarianism are not opposite poles in my estimation. Libertarians are just authoritarians that never grew up! Not kiddding! :)

Well, okay, I admit that I've only just gotten out of bed and that my neurons may still need some time to achieve normal operating temperature, but I'm afraid you're going to have to clarify that one to me. :hmm:

Libertarianism, to me, is what Robert Heinlein referred to as "responsible anarchism". I fail to see any authoritarianism in that. :confused:

Lemual
10th December 2017, 02:55
Well, okay, I admit that I've only just gotten out of bed and that my neurons may still need some time to achieve normal operating temperature, but I'm afraid you're going to have to clarify that one to me. :hmm:

Libertarianism, to me, is what Robert Heinlein referred to as "responsible anarchism". I fail to see any authoritarianism in that. :confused:

I'm with you on this one. I kinda like that term too, responsible anarchism :)

As for the Jimi "Tele" rumour I'd heard that too. I also read recently that that wasn't necessarily true. I think your "somewhat implied" point stands, Jimi would and did play whatever was at hand... and made it sound AMAZING!!!

So Aragorn, do you play or are you just a massive music nerd? :p

modwiz
10th December 2017, 03:25

Trump Derangement Syndrome is a very real thing in the USA. The unaffected discuss how to best address it with each other. Very difficult with the MSM providing a constant narrative that feeds the syndrome. We need to speak to each other as humans with common interests and a common adversary. Something that politics is designed to prevent at the core of its construct.

BTW. I could not find a line of logic with the libertarian/authoritarian conflation.

Lemual
10th December 2017, 03:37
Trump Derangement Syndrome is a very real thing in the USA.

I think this may be true in any country with a heavily "westernised" (for lack of a better term) media. Here in Oz there's always a huge "to-do" over Trump and his various doings.

Aragorn
10th December 2017, 04:13
So Aragorn, do you play or are you just a massive music nerd? :p

Yes, I'm a musician, and I have played with a couple of bands, as well as in live jam contexts — my most active period was the 1990s — but alas, due to a whole variety of circumstances, I haven't exactly been playing much anymore in the last 15 years. It's a pity. :(

I started playing the guitar at the age of 16 — completely self-taught — on a cheap Japanese-made Stratocaster copy, which I've played for ten years. Even though I no longer own my very first guitar, I do still own each and every guitar I've acquired since then, including a cheap but well-made Yamaha acoustic which I inherited from my younger brother when he got married, and a 1994 Ibanez TC-530 Talman which I won in a lottery during a Jennifer Batten guitar clinic in 1994, even though that's not my style of guitar.

At present time, I own twelve guitars in total, two of which are acoustics — see the table below. My current amplifier — which I've already owned for about 17 years now — is a Marshall JCM 2000 TSL-100 head, sitting on top of a Marshall JCM 900 "1960 Lead" cabinet with four Celestion speakers. For effects, I've got various setups I can use. I've got a Boss GT-10 multi-effects processor, an older Zoom 8080 multi-effects processor, and a small carrying box with four Boss pedals — the box doubles as a pedal board when you take off the lid.

Built/Bought
Brand & Model
Pickup Configuration

~1987/1989
1993/1993
1994/1994
1997/1998
2002/2002
2002/2003
2003/2005
2007/2007
2007/2007
2008/2008

~1983/1992
1999/1999
Aria Pro II RS Knight Warrior
Ibanez R-470
Ibanez TC-530 Talman
Ibanez S-540 FM
Gibson SG Special "Pete Townshend Signature"
Gibson Les Paul Standard Mahogany
Gibson Firebird VII
Gibson SG-3
Gibson SG Standard w/ 3 single-coils
ESP/Ltd F-250

Yamaha FG 350 (acoustic)
Ovation Celebrity (electric-acoustic)
SSH with rail-type bars
HSH (Ibanez V1, S1, V2)
3 Kent Armstrong Sky-100 lipstick tubes
HSH (Ibanez QM1, QMS1, QM2)
2 Gibson P-90
3 Seymour Duncan SH-6 "Duncan Distortion"
3 Gibson Firebird minihumbuckers
2 Gibson 57 Classic, 1 Gibson 57 Classic Plus
3 Gibson single-coils with rail bars
2 ESP passive humbuckers with EMG-style covers

n/a
piezo, 9V preamp with 3-band EQ

My influences are all over the place, and are as eclectic as you can imagine them to be. When I started playing, I was heavily influenced by Tom Scholz and Barry Goudreau of Boston, 1960s- and 1970s-era Carlos Santana, Hank B. Marvin of The Shadows, Mark Knopfler of Dire Straits, Nile Rodgers of Chic, Ritchie Blackmore of Deep Purple and Rainbow, and Lindsay Buckingham of Fleetwood Mac — specifically the "Rumours" album.

Later on I became more influenced by hard rock guitarists such as Gary Moore and Eddie Van Halen, and then later on I discovered Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, Paul Gilbert (during his Mr. Big tenure), Nuno Bettencourt (of Extreme), and more recently, the incredible Guthrie Govan. However, one guitarist who has continued to influence me ever since the mid 1980s is Steve Lukather (of Toto), because his musical style comes closest to what I enjoy doing the most, i.e. a mixture of jazz-fusion with hard rock and prog rock influences, blended with funk and just a slight touch of Jimi Hendrix during the more bluesy passages. ;)

Anyway... :back to topic: ;)

Dreamtimer
10th December 2017, 10:14
Wowagorn! Shred it!

Be sure not to wear your colors in the wrong neighborhood Fred. ;)

Trump Derangement Syndrome comes in different flavors. For instance, those who worship and see him as the savior who's gonna bust up the system, and those who are consumed by hatred and/or fear.

Both are very dangerous.

Trump represents a small percentage of all Americans. What is setting him apart the most is his continued focus on only those Americans. He has not yet chosen to lead the whole country.

And yet we all bear the responsibility and consequences of his presidency.

The taking from the blue states to give money to the red states is pretty brutally ironic. But why not extend the long-running corporate welfare to embrace political welfare? Both the failed health care reform bill and the current tax bill would take from the blue states to give to the red.

Conservative? Hardly.

modwiz
10th December 2017, 10:44
Wowagorn! Shred it!

Trump Derangement Syndrome comes in different flavors. For instance, those who worship and see him as the savior who's gonna bust up the system, and those who are consumed by hatred and/or fear.

Both are very dangerous.

:thup::tiphat:

Fred Steeves
10th December 2017, 11:54

Both are very dangerous.

I'll follow suit and give that one a two thumbs up. :thup: :thup:

This one on the other hand, gets two of these... :fpalm: :fpalm:

Dumpster Diver
10th December 2017, 12:37
Frankly all labels, especially political, are starting to offend me lately. I see these words as devices to divide us.

...certainly, none of them fit me anymore. And I suspect, don’t really fit you as well.

Emil El Zapato
10th December 2017, 13:57

:)

Well again...I would certainly go with that definition and probably fall into the category myself. But that is why I was so disappointed when I recognized the personalities/behaviors of notable practicing Libertarians. I often use self-proclaimed 'Communists' such as Stalin as examples of historical frauds that have hidden behind a facade of political philosophy. Stalin was an authoritarian fascist that besmirched the name of Communism. It and he are still used today to demonstrate how dysfunctional and anti-humanity it is. It was not intended to be used in the fashion of its bastardization. We can thank those such as Stalin for that. That isn't to say that I would wish raw Communism on any society, any more than I'm comfortable with raw Capitalism.

But to get to the point as I mentioned that most notable Libertarians are about freedom for the big 'I' and the rest of the world be damned and that does not exemplify responsibility. It is immature authoritarianism however with the 'I' at the top. Anytime there is a top there is a hierarchy which is contradictory to the sense of anarchy.

Check them out.

It just occurred to me that one cannot espouse or advocate for anarchical freedom/Libertarianism. That is a contradiction in and of itself. One has to live it and NEVER talk about it.

Ok, I admit, I am a closet anarchist. Give this some thought!

Dreamtimer
10th December 2017, 14:20
I got some labels for ya, Dumpy: Grouchy, Punny, math obsessed, Geek...

Go to 3:50 (http://www.cc.com/video-clips/1qdsbp/the-colbert-report-richard-clarke) to get the scoop on Nerds v. Geeks

Wind
10th December 2017, 14:21
It's just sad to see people so divided like this. It's exactly what the powers that be want...

http://cdn.theeventchronicle.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/divide-and-conquer-2.jpg

Dreamtimer
10th December 2017, 14:29
Had to look up Hegelian Dialectic to see origins and discovered contrast to Marx who was a materialist. I'm not exactly an expert on Marx, mostly because even though he was important in history, I really believed we were moving beyond those belief systems. We haven't yet.

I happen to know a lot of progressives and liberals who believe in God and aren't 'material origin' sorts.

I've said it before, we should be getting together to share how we worship God. Not dividing ourselves up over it. We have to stop looking at each other as 'unclean'. Or 'sinners'.

Emil El Zapato
10th December 2017, 14:32
I wonder if in 1932 there was a Hitler Derangement syndrome?

NAP

It seems about 70% of the U.S. population is suffering right now.

I had a Professor that once remarked that when you find yourself in accordance with the majority it is time to reassess. I don't think I will this time.

Dreamtimer
10th December 2017, 14:32
Certainly plenty of PTSD.

Emil El Zapato
10th December 2017, 14:46
Certainly plenty of PTSD.

:)

Had to look up Hegelian Dialectic to see origins and discovered contrast to Marx who was a materialist. I'm not exactly an expert on Marx, mostly because even though he was important in history, I really believed we were moving beyond those belief systems. We haven't yet.

I happen to know a lot of progressives and liberals who believe in God and aren't 'material origin' sorts.

I've said it before, we should be getting together to share how we worship God. Not dividing ourselves up over it. We have to stop looking at each other as 'unclean'. Or 'sinners'.

Very true...

Dreamtimer
10th December 2017, 15:22
My current favorite aka is "Hair Twitler".

Dumpster Diver
10th December 2017, 16:40
I got some labels for ya, Dumpy: Grouchy, Punny, math obsessed, Geek...

Go to 3:50 (http://www.cc.com/video-clips/1qdsbp/the-colbert-report-richard-clarke) to get the scoop on Nerds v. Geeks

Add boxophobic...moving PTSD

Octopus Garden
10th December 2017, 18:06
Dictatorial regimes don't arise out of a vacuum. The German people suffered terribly under reparations. Russians under the czars, and the American heartland and rust belt under globalist economic policy.

It is no secret to me, how Trump, (with the help of Bannon, in particular) won the presidency.

Emil El Zapato
10th December 2017, 19:26
Dictatorial regimes don't arise out of a vacuum. The German people suffered terribly under reparations. Russians under the czars, and the American heartland and rust belt under globalist economic policy.

It is no secret to me, how Trump, (with the help of Bannon, in particular) won the presidency.

agreed, and as usual the power brokers just don't give a damn. Which is why I find this ludicrous and sad. The hillbilly elegy was heard and turned against them by the the most destructive human beings in the country, but isn't that the way it always works.