Magnitude
Mw 7.2

Region
IRAN-IRAQ BORDER REGION

Date time
2017-11-12 18:18:21.3 UTC

Depth
19 km

More... (https://www.emsc-csem.org/Earthquake/earthquake.php?id=629693)

enjoy being
13th November 2017, 04:06
Wondered if this one was a dammager.
Yes, up around 141 deaths so far. :-(

Paloma
13th November 2017, 11:03
Baha'u'llah was born 200 years ago, yesterday. November 12th, 1817. Born as an aristocrat in Teheran, Persia, now Iran.
Founder of the Baha'i Faith. This was no coincidence.

When Baha'u'llah's youngest son died, after falling through a skylight, there was a strong earthquake, at the moment he was buried.

" When thou wast laid to rest in the earth, the earth itself trembled in its longing to meet thee. Thus hath it been decreed, and yet the people perceive not... Were We to recount the mysteries of thine ascension, they that are asleep would waken, and all beings would be set ablaze with the fire of the remembrance of My Name, the Mighty, the Loving.”
~(Baha’u’llah, quoted by Shoghi Effendi in a message dated December 21, 1939; ‘Messages to America’)

Dreamtimer
13th November 2017, 12:54
I don't know a lot about the Baha'i faith, but I recall I was very impressed by the little I did learn. It made the list of faith systems I might follow if I chose to do so. Sufi, and Quaker and (solitary) Wicca also made the list. But I haven't really done that. I just live by my values. I try to incorporate good things into them.

Prayers for the families and children.