PDA

View Full Version : C60: Buckminsterfullerene, Not Just a Pretty Molecule

Kathy
8th November 2017, 02:10
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gb6VAq7uYxY
"Published on 31 Jul 2012 by Berkeley Graduate Division Videos

Sir Harold Kroto is an English chemist and the 1996 Nobel Prize recipient in Chemistry. He currently serves as Francis Eppes Professor in the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry at Florida State University. He researches the high-resolution electronic spectra of free radicals produced by flash photolysis (the breaking of chemical bonds by light), as well as carbon dioxide and the molecules that contain chains of carbon atoms with numerous multiple bonds. Kroto's Nobel Prize was based on his co-discovery of buckminsterfullerene, a form of pure carbon better known as "buckyballs." He is presently researching nanoscience and nanotechnology."

Dumpster Diver
9th November 2017, 09:08
I'm taking this stuff now. I'll give a report in a few weeks. So far, 1.5 weeks in, all is ok, no superpowers have shown up (yet).

Dreamtimer
9th November 2017, 13:09
You'll really be able to detach parts and attach new ones. New arms, a different head. It'll be so cool.

Elen
10th November 2017, 07:37
You'll really be able to detach parts and attach new ones. New arms, a different head. It'll be so cool.

You'll be an Octopus?

Dreamtimer
10th November 2017, 15:07
I was thinking lego. Lego Octopus is cool. Maybe Kraken. :)

I haven't tried the supplement yet. I do recall that when I first learned about Fullerenes many years ago I thought they were the coolest thing ever.

Dumpster Diver
16th November 2017, 20:43

Got to be careful with those body parts...I don’t want to be confused with Louis C.K. or worse...:fpalm:

enjoy being
5th March 2018, 06:13
How's this all going takers?

Dumpster Diver
6th March 2018, 15:01
How's this all going takers?

Skin, much improved. I have much more energy.

But I’m still losing fights with Joker and Superman...