PDA

View Full Version : Healing the mind's eye

enjoy being
25th October 2017, 23:08
Healing, or reprogramming.
A technique which I stumbled upon 10 years ago, actually hmm dunno how long ago maybe 15. It is probably not for everyone, and I am just offering it out there to start some thought on the idea behind the process. I used it just the once, back at the time I came across it, and for the most I think it did have some good results.

I would say it would depend on the individuals 'relationship with their minds eye', the way in which they think. I always presume people are like me and visualise things as they think about them. Maybe static images of things one is considering. Or you might think to yourself, "I am going to go up to the shops" and an image of the shops or your hand reaching out to open the car door, or both in a sequence appear.

That's part of what my mind does anyway. I presume many are the same, but understand some are more visual than others.

This technique is all about these images we see in our minds eye. Those snapshots of memories and hopes for the future even. Though I have only really considered this for images in the journal of memories, not for the itinerary images of the future... although as I say that it makes me wonder if I have been applying the technique in some ways. *shrugs*

I have in the past been an 'over' thinker, a brooder, an analytical trouble spotter. Certain modes of thought could easily send me off into dark places or depression. At times it felt like my mind was a magnet to thinking about the bad things that could happen or have happened. One little sniff of a trigger and it would be hard to not be at least slightly affected for a period of time. Again, I guess it depends on how strongly one dialogues with images in the minds-eye..

Anyway I don't want to get too bogged down before even getting to any of the points to be drawn!
I'm always trying to simplify and avoid the complex but still mange to make things sound fairly confusing, so bare with me if you can. :-o

..Now that I have got this far, I momentarily ponder if I have already relayed this info here, already. I am not sure I haven't.. but will still carry on ( I don't make a huge habit of typing this all up that frequently so chances are I haven't!)

Right

So the idea is going to be a form of meditative diagnosis and surgery.
And it might make me sound a bit mad explaining it.

You have images like flash cards. Trigger images.
Things that you might see which make you think about something or someone.
Or where when you think about someone/thing, a same reoccurring image comes to mind.
We can have many of them, happy ones and not so happy ones.
Ones that can sit just below the initial inquisitive introduction.
Soon, from thinking this over and meditating, maybe over a few days, watching yourself, you might come up with having identified a few images in the album.
Sometimes those images might be at first too scary for someone to look at in their minds eye. Not that the image has to be grisly or is grisly, or anything, but just that the individual has fear for it for they know it is a trigger for some form of misery.

So comes the day to pull out some of the pictures from the album.
In your own creative language with your minds eye, you will have created what the album looks like. Maybe it looks like a hedge or a fly over of a brain? That's what I got. The roots of a tree too.
So you have decided after evaluating and experiencing the trigger images, which ones to have a go at removing from the album.
You can begin however you like. The weeds of the garden will react so you know you have the right one once you start, but be prepared for an adventure if you don't have your imaginative wit about you, because you need to watch as you peel those images off the page, that they don't try and tear into a million scraps that re-embed into the black paper of the album...
This is the type of interaction with the imagery that is needed to deal with it. Inside the place it exists, in context, but realise the image as a postcard will likely be crafty and have roots which you need to grab quick before they dive deeper into the soil.
Much consideration to quarantine, or like with weeds, if you don't get it all it will regrow back.
You may like to employ a mulcher or furnace or flame thrower. lol
But the other point is that while confronting the image you are attempting to tear out, if you keep the chase close, then it sometimes will run past its places of refuge or neighbours on a belief tree, in which you can catch out a whole wing of old belief systems and alters etc. lol

OK lets see how we go with that for the post. Man, I need a cuppa, too intense. lol

sandy
26th October 2017, 04:10
Great concept and well worth a try Nothing>> >:h5:

Dreamtimer
26th October 2017, 07:42
Love that term, cuppa.

I like this idea, though there are images I don't want to dredge up. But the visualization of purging them could be very powerful.

Elen
26th October 2017, 08:11
Thanks for the share Nothing it's worth attempting IMO. This colour is in your honour. :D

Emil El Zapato
26th October 2017, 14:09
Yeah, great idea...I'll start with my fear of flying...

Dumpster Diver
26th October 2017, 17:35
For years after I found out I'd died pretty miserably in wars (US civil war as a southern cavalry officer as a spy behind the lines before the battle of Gettysburg, and as French infantry after a gas attack during WW I) in my last two incarnations, I simply thought I was paying for a massive problem I'd created as a Roman Soldier some 2000 years ago. But the cool thing is, it seems I'd burned off so much karma that in this life, I've had a pretty good time with little to no noticeable PTSD showing. The coming Armageddon/ascension may smack me, but I've had 69 years of a pretty good life...

...my point is, sometimes healing not only comes from this life, but also from priors.

...and maybe also, don't do stupid things to start with.

Emil El Zapato
26th October 2017, 19:47
So how did you discover these things, Dumpy. I've never had an inkling save the fact I used to have a foreman on a job that everytime I looked at him, I envisioned him standing on a pyramid with a whip. Really, I couldn't get it out of my head. He was a likeable guy and we more than once teamed up in golf tournaments. I just couldn't get that image out of my head.

enjoy being
26th October 2017, 20:01
I have often been told to be careful what you judge and who you dislike as eventually if you find no understanding or acceptance of those people, you'll likely get to experience how they are as they are by being one of them in the next life.

I appreciate that saying, even if I can also see the programming within it.

I have had dreams and recollections of a few events, which I have then had a gifted person state the same details and that it was in a past life. That same person has gone on to tell me a few other past lives he could pick up on and I have in fact completed a group of past life healings related to those. Which was an odd experience.
I was told of these few lives and although it seemed so odd, there were bits which seemed so familiar and images in my head from past dreams started popping into my head.

Thanks for the responses. I found this technique on some webpage of a seemingly quite knowledgeable healer. She had a few warnings up, just about being good to yourself and not triggering too many bad thoughts. There was acknowledgement of it being a different form of healing to others, in that it hacked into the symbology of the mind and personal memory triggers.
I think it is a great way to approach how the mind works, and even by being more aware of these images we can regain power over them.

Dumpster Diver
26th October 2017, 21:11
So how did you discover these things, Dumpy. I've never had an inkling save the fact I used to have a foreman on a job that everytime I looked at him, I envisioned him standing on a pyramid with a whip. Really, I couldn't get it out of my head. He was a likeable guy and we more than once teamed up in golf tournaments. I just couldn't get that image out of my head.

One of the GF’s buddies could read past lives. Happened when we were in The Netherlands. At the time I thought it was BS until I later found evidence (long story). You can do hypnotic regression by a well documented person or MD. Lots of folks get rid of phobias and traumas that way. The GF has a fear of flights due to her dying in a plane crash in a past life (also WW I) but will not do the regression to rid herself of it. Probably doesn’t matter now as in a few years the radiation from flying will be so great as to preclude it anyway.

I always try to rid myself of phobias. When I found I had fear of heights, I’d go to the highest building on campus and make myself go to the edge and look over and over until I got used to the fear and “ate it”.

Dumpster Diver
26th October 2017, 21:24
I have often been told to be careful what you judge and who you dislike as eventually if you find no understanding or acceptance of those people, you'll likely get to experience how they are as they are by being one of them in the next life.

I appreciate that saying, even if I can also see the programming within it.

I have had dreams and recollections of a few events, which I have then had a gifted person state the same details and that it was in a past life. That same person has gone on to tell me a few other past lives he could pick up on and I have in fact completed a group of past life healings related to those. Which was an odd experience.
I was told of these few lives and although it seemed so odd, there were bits which seemed so familiar and images in my head from past dreams started popping into my head.

Thanks for the responses. I found this technique on some webpage of a seemingly quite knowledgeable healer. She had a few warnings up, just about being good to yourself and not triggering too many bad thoughts. There was acknowledgement of it being a different form of healing to others, in that it hacked into the symbology of the mind and personal memory triggers.
I think it is a great way to approach how the mind works, and even by being more aware of these images we can regain power over them.

I relate to everyone by the realization I was/will be them in another timeline. Time is not linear, it is circular. Things evolve in a sidewise manner by recovering the same time “hacks”with differing decisions made by us. Those decisions can make things better or worse and thus change that particular strand of the timeline. This situation makes you want to understand folks and their circumstances. The relation: I = God, God = You, therefore I = You gets you there. Empathy for yourself in another timeline is key.

Aianawa
2nd November 2017, 19:00
Gee, how did I miss this thread, xlent food fodder for thought lol, crikey need a cuppa now