PDA

View Full Version : The 'Dreamtime' of the Australian Aborigines

shamanseeker
24th October 2013, 14:48
I would like to explore the 'dreamtime' of the Australian Aborigines. I know very little about it and would appreciate comments from those who understand this fascinating subject.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOWzcLuupi0

shamanseeker
24th October 2013, 17:01
This video explains better what the dreamtime is and does it very poetically.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRBMdS4t36c

"The aboriginal culture of Australia, includes a large number of tribes inhabiting the oceanic continent before the arrival of the white man. But all that rich culture is doomed to survive in stocks in which its people are destined to extinction.

In this episode one of the elders that preserve aboriginal culture will show the most important elements of a culture that struggles not to disappear.

Know his rituals in which contacts the parallel world in which the gods, spirits and men live together. We will see the role exerted by the digeridu, a musical instrument employed in these rituals. We'll see how it is manufactured by the musicians themselves, who will address the complex technique used to make it sound.

The cave paintings of Ubi Rock opened the door showing the spirituality of these villages that are sacred totems direct reference the natural world around them. Analyze the paintings today continue to make to represent their dreams and the importance of this painting.

Participate with them in making the famous boomerang and the banquet to which fishing leads a giant turtle. But the aboriginal community also show us the bitter side of life: the reserves in which its people seem destined to a slow extinction."

Sooz
25th October 2013, 01:38
Hi shamanseeker, I studied a bit of Aboriginal culture at Uni some years ago. I have some great books.
When I have a bit more time will go look them up for you.
Sooz

Sooz
25th October 2013, 07:24
Hi again shamanseeker,

Just perused my library...as usual all my favourite books are missing, lent out never to return, sigh...

From memory the best book to read is 'The Songlines' by Bruce Chatwin.

I posted here (before the TOT meltdown), a book my ancestor wrote, detailing his experiences with our Aboriginal people, ....will try to post it again for you.

My GGG Grandfather lived with the Aboriginal people for many years in the Port Stephens area of NSW here in Australia. His observations are written in this book. Bear in mind this was around 1830.

Enjoy your exploration into this sacred spiritual landscape.

Sooz

Sooz
25th October 2013, 07:36
If anyone is interested in reading my ancestor's account of living with the Aboriginal people, start page - Robert Dawson author.

Book Title - 'The Present State of Australia.....'

It should come up. Any problems, let me know. It's online with the University of Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia.

Cheers,
Sooz

Cearna
26th October 2013, 07:45
Walking into the Mist

A tale told by one of the descendants, about the life of a family member, way back when, and told as was past down by their own family, to some who said “This can't be done”.

To start off, we must realise, that these tales were told to someone in your own family, about someone in your own family, so becomes the family story to hold onto not to be forgotten, and was only told by an older female to a younger female. It was usually told, because the one having it told to them, was going to know what their own self was going to inherit, from their own relationship to the first one who was ever capable of going to the Dream time in their own time and space. What that first one to go to the Dream time means to any other family member, is that they were not the only one able to do this, but these people were the ones to show to everyone else, that the messages from Rainbow Spirit are always there to show, what the story is really about.

Pulling on the Rainbow Serpent is what the animals tell us about the need to stand alone, and tell how, each can show others of a Guide who takes you by the hand and shows ways and means to find your own world in Spirit Terms.

No one else needs to do what the first does, for now it is known as possible to be done, but most want to earn the right to do the most incredible feats, that can only come when opened up by the animal totem. You are worth all of its nature, or it won't choose a soul, that isn't capable of being the best of itself, nor able to resist being the worst of itself.

The fact was, she had no totem, as no animal chose to look after her, so she felt she wasn't the fierce warrior, like the men, nor the job doer of ages past, who gave them the way to find her totem. She then gave her imagination to what might have been, if an animal had chosen her, and decided, she had best not think on that, as it caused too much head space, and she didn't want to think of that too much. She decided to wait and give what she was to one and all and hoped that then one animal would come and choose her.

Each year she grew she became more and more upset over having no totem, and she gave up, thinking she didn't deserve a totem, but as soon as she gave up, the very next day day, all totem animals lined up, to help her decide which animal to choose. To help her decide, she gave what she knew of herself to each one, hoping they would vilify what she knew of herself, and was soon lost to a trance.

In it she decided to study each Totem animal, to see what they were to each person who studied with that animal. She learnt that there were so many very desirable ways to study, and each one gave her a very meaningful reason to study that one only. One alone said “I can't tell you what to do, so don't pick me”, and that one was the one she chose to learn with, for he only let her watch and learn how to honour her own self, rather than the best of all, or making the biggest mistakes of all. It was the one that showed her to claim herself, for whatever she learnt, she learnt by being the best part of all the Totems, and rejecting those parts she knew were not right for her to be in that time.

When her own role began to emerge, she found that as she began on her own, the fuss made by not having a Totem, made her live by being mostly in her own skin. To have a Totem, she would only know one way to select the best of all worlds. Having been shown the best of all worlds, she had developed along a most peculiar pattern, that of her own making. The result was that the men recognised that the final stage of development was at hand, and gave her some lessons in shape shifting.

She was as good as they were, but instead of being one Totem when shape shifting, she could now stop time itself. The men couldn't tell her how to do this, she found it for herself, from having watched the Totem she had chosen to be with, and it was the just reward, from having chosen to be herself above all else and this was and this is the way we all go to make our life now. Being yourself means you can choose to be whatever yourself wished to be, but you can learn from the best of all worlds, animal, plant or human.

The main thing is to know what is right or wrong, and all in between is the developmental stages through which you must pass. The imagination to go into trance, is the main thing she learnt to do, for she saw in trance the way to walk into the mist, and this took her back to her own star people, like you and I will be trying to do, when we begin to see that the forcing of a people to live in ways not meant for them to live in, will only ever result in each of us finding how much each of us have travelled by ourself to invalidate the need to force us to be what we never were going to be, and that is what we are not.

Like her, self is not what we are so much as much as what we never can be, till the end of time and space

The Totem she chose was the inoffensive Time Lord of all nature that lives on Earth, it's very own mother of us all – the Earth herself. This is the story of how the Aboriginal people began to become the Earth, as are we all.

:winner:

Sooz
26th October 2013, 08:01
Did you write this Cearna?

Cearna
26th October 2013, 08:54
Yep, though with some encouragement from someone called Mimi, it seems to be telling of the type of story you might be told in the dreamtime. However, a long time back, I was Initiated on land somewhere near Hornsby, by Aboriginal female spirits ,who wouldn't allow us on that land unless Initiated and because of that the women spirits will allow me to be told real dream time stories. I think this may be one,brought up to the modern day. shamanseeker, asked me to put something on here so, this is what I came up with, because I don't know how to download someone elses work. It isn't channelled but the idea was given to me to put together.

shamanseeker
26th October 2013, 09:03
Thanks Colleen! Much appreciated :)

Tonz
27th October 2013, 08:54
I was in a semanar with an elder present,she was the youngest of the 7 'from her tribe not only by age,'at the time ,she looked about 55 ,but also by statous and years in the studies of,and practise of being an elder.for her it had been 25 years ,the youngest and the most inexperienced elder of her tribe.

Blows yor mind a little. Some tribes are fairly laxed with there teachings as most have lost so much.the teachings of the elders are not for all the tribe ,but the wisdom and levels were so sacred that only the elders truly understood all things on a many dementional levels.The elder I met was apparently capable of 7 th dementional thought conciously.She was makeing quite an effort to come down and comunicate on a level with us whites ,supposedly educated,whites.

She just left us to ask questions and she would answer to the best she could interperate for our understanding.The conversation travelled down many paths,but one point I can remember clearly was the beguinings of man kind on this planet, as they clearly all believe that there ancesters are not origionally from this joint.

There were 5 races ,i think 4 from here and the aborigine introduced ,total 5,but they were introduced untoched in 4th place,
I hope that makes sence, it took a bit to get my head around it for a while.
5 races ,so to me that means that there were 3 races present on this planet before the arival of aborigine and one that began after.
At the time it made no sence , but latter i leant about genetiacally manipulation from the ancients hence the creation of races that have similar genetics but slightly different , to fulfill the needs at the time and of its locations.

Hope this wasn't to confusing,and the spelling not to bad.

Sooz
27th October 2013, 10:07
Reaching back into the archives in my brain, there are hundreds of different tribes of Aboriginal people.

And there are around 600 (don't quote me on the number) different languages. Not dialects, but completely different languages of the Aboriginal people.

Wish we had an Aboriginal Elder here on the forum.

Does anyone know one to invite?

shamanseeker
28th October 2013, 16:11
I imagine that there are principal tribes and sub-groups(?)

That would be wonderful Sooz! Difficult to find I imagine. Steven Strong says that when someone speaks well of them, sometimes they appear and teach you. Maybe we'll be lucky and one will turn up.

shamanseeker
28th October 2013, 16:21
Published December 12, 2012

Indigenous tourism helps to reconcile the two different Australian peoples. In the North Territory, Indigenous tourism helps to reconcile the two different Australian peoples the Europeans want to be forgiven for the tragic colonial period; the aborigines try to preserve their ancient roots from the present and the future.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKQDoVguoIk

BabaRa
28th October 2013, 17:21
The native people of every land had some wonderful information and traditions, they also held some superstitions.

I believe we are now of the consciousness to be able to sort out which is which. We also have the wonderful discoveries of science that we now realize ultimately confirm much of what mystics and shamans have been telling us for years. We have books and videos to document and bring forth the old ways - and this wonderful internet which allows us to connect with those from all corners of this lovely earth.

I believe this is the time of Unity Consciousness - bringing it all together, sorting it out. I've had (as I know many on this forum have had) great success with dream interpretation and recognizing why certain animals have come into my life and what they are trying to tell me. I've also had success with meditation and watching how nature works.

Thanks for these great videos - wonderful reminders of where we've been and perhaps which knowledge we should be bringing forward - and which we should leave behind.

Tonz
28th October 2013, 21:40
http://www.seizethemagic.com/lol/05worldinfo/05abowom.html

Found an interview with the elder i mentioned i met above,its an eazy read ,but clears up a few things and miths concerning ausi. Indidginous.