PDA

View Full Version : Nox Mente Interview.

Kathy
5th September 2017, 09:51
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qt407vi7JyI
"]Published on 4 Sep 2017 by roofuscat
I was graciously invited to be interviewed by Jerry and Nish on the new interview series based on dreams and consciousness.

The following is a copy and paste, so if the links don't work, please visit Jerry Cthulhu channel here, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtaLy...

Nox Mente, or *Night Mind* in Latin, is a weekly show where we interview people about their dreams. Join us as we mine the collective consciousness for truth.

Tonight's guest is Roofuscat, host of Conspiracy or Not, Here We Come (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiUN...)Nox Mente is moving to its own, new channel called Voces Nocte in September 2017. Please consider subscribing to get notifications about upcoming shows.

Starting September 6th, the show is moving to a new channel called "Voces Nocte": https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLgo..."

Elen
5th September 2017, 11:30
None of the links work for me Kathy...all YouTube is saying is: "It does not exist."

However I went to Eye-Rise and copied the link from there, hope it works...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=194&v=qt407vi7JyI

And it worked!!

Dreamtimer
5th September 2017, 12:15
Thanks Elen and Kathy. Should be good.:)

Dreamtimer
5th September 2017, 20:41
At 22 minutes he talks about realizing the connection between deja vu and dreams. I also had a similar experience. I realized that the experience, the deja vu, the dream memory, and the instinct were all connected. Mine was quite specific and exact and the instinct saved my life.

At 28 minutes he talks about how he's never even intended to exit a dream or OBE. I have. Since I was a child. It's almost the only way I even try to control dreams. They run their course, but if I decide, for whatever reason that I'm done, then I'm gone. I can say that it's an act of will and intent.

29 min., lol:lol:

Kathy
6th September 2017, 00:38
At 22 minutes he talks about realizing the connection between deja vu and dreams. I also had a similar experience. I realized that the experience, the deja vu, the dream memory, and the instinct were all connected. Mine was quite specific and exact and the instinct saved my life.

At 28 minutes he talks about how he's never even intended to exit a dream or OBE. I have. Since I was a child. It's almost the only way I even try to control dreams. They run their course, but if I decide, for whatever reason that I'm done, then I'm gone. I can say that it's an act of will and intent.

29 min., lol:lol:

It was interesting to read your recollections, Dreamtimer. Much appreciated.

This is what I posted in the comments:

This is an interesting discussion, and I feel the reality we live in (the matrix) was created by thought many millennia ago, we built it and it solidified more or less in our mind(s).

I have had many lucid dreams, which are always remembered, dreamt only when there was something for me to resolve. Something about my actions in such dreams brought about the resolutions, so the dream is no longer necessary, although it is always remembered.

Aragorn
6th September 2017, 00:57

Insofar as I know, I have had only two or possibly three lucid dreams so far, and I can't even say that the entire dream was lucid. But one instance that I clearly remember, and which I recognize as having been my first lucid dream — and it wasn't even all that long ago — was where I was dreaming that I was at my parents' house.

I was standing in the kitchen, and both of my parents came in through the door from the hallway to the kitchen — my dad first, in his wheelchair, followed by my mom. And then I said something to them like, "This cannot be. You cannot be here." And my dad replied, "Oh, and why not?", to which I in turn, under a feeling of distress, replied, "Because you are both dead." At that point, the whole picture shrank to a dot in (what felt like) one or two seconds and disappeared, just as when you switch off an old TV set with a cathode ray tube.

Another instance was only a week ago. I remember deciding within the dream itself — although I cannot remember what the dream was about — that the whole thing was too surreal to be true and that it must have been a dream, and I seem to remember that the dream took on a different course from there on, or maybe it ended and I began dreaming about something else.

Another thing I've noticed is that it sometimes happens in my dreams that I want to change something about the story in a silly, childlike way, such as grabbing a toy gun of which I know that it is indeed a toy gun, but then I willfully pretend that it's a real gun and then it actually becomes one. Or changing something about my environment — like adding a door where there isn't one — and then that too becomes "real".

But either way, all of the aforementioned is about as much (or as little) control as I have over my dreams, and even then still, it is very rare for these things to occur — especially the point where I realize that I am, indeed, only dreaming. I guess my suspension of disbelief is just too strong while I am dreaming, because I can (and often do) have very surreal dreams. :hmm:

What does happen quite a lot, is that there is some element in my dream which will have an impact on the events of the day to come, even though I do not realize that while I am dreaming. For instance — and this is something that has been passed on through my maternal side of the family — if I dream of someone whom I have not seen in a very long time, and/or who may already be deceased, then something unexpected is going to happen during the day that follows.

If for instance I dream of my dad, then it's usually a very bad thing that will happen, because — and I had to figure this out all by myself — apparently whoever is putting that information in my dream is using my dad as a symbol of suffering, given that he was suffering very badly for about half of his life, and that he died equally horribly. And if I am having an argue with my dad in one of my dreams, then there will be at least one horrible experience for me during the day that follows.

Another thing that I've also began having is dreams which are very clear from beginning to end — albeit that the context of the dream can still be highly surreal — and which appear to be a complete metaphor for something that is happening out there in the world and of which I wasn't even aware.

There was such a dream not too long ago, where I encountered a beautiful blonde but obviously very poor young woman — funnily enough, she looked just like the woman of my (day-)dreams :p — who was living together with a female roommate in a house that on the outside looked very much like my parents' house, except that it was in very poor shape.

I was driving by that house — in the car I currently own — and I saw the young woman sitting on the curb in what appeared to be a torn nightgown, with a kind of worn robe over it. She might have been outside for a smoke, but I do not remember that. Her image struck me with a very intense compassion and I turned the car around and stopped across the street from where she was sitting. Suddenly her cellphone rang, and she got up and walked over to me. I opened either the window or the door, and she asked me, "Are you <insert my real name here>?" I confirmed, and she said, "It's for you."

I took the phone from her hand, and on the other end was my cousin Sabine, whom I haven't seen or spoken to anymore in at least 10 years (because she has moved and I don't have her address or phone number). I don't remember what Sabine told me on the phone, but we did speak for a few minutes, and then she hung up and I gave the phone back to the young woman.

The blonde young woman invited me into the house — maybe for a cup of coffee — and that's when I got to meet her roommate. Unlike the blonde young woman, the roommate looked less poorly dressed and had a more cheerful expression on her face. She was not unattractive either, but she was a brunette with shoulder-length hair, whereas the blonde had much longer hair and looked more slender, or possibly skinnier. I felt an enormous compassion for both these girls, and I took out my wallet and gave them all of my cash, and then I grabbed them both and gave them a big hug. I felt so sorry for them that I started feeling tears welling up in my eyes. And then I woke up.

Now, what's so special about this dream is the fact that my cousin Sabine was in there, albeit only by way of a telephone call. See, Sabine is the youngest of the four children of my dad's youngest brother. The eldest is also a girl, Sonia, who is about nine months older than I am. Sonia has a daughter, Hannelore, who would be 37 years old now, and who herself has a son who would be around 19 by now.

Sonia got married at the age of 18 because she was pregnant, but the father of her child left her from one day to the next, and as she found out later, he is a bisexual, and he was living with another guy at the time. They got officially divorced, and they had a quite agreeable relationship from there on. He would come and pick up Hannelore every fortnight and then she would spend the weekend with him.

However, at some given point when she was about five or six years old, Hannelore would scream and grow absolutely hysteric when the time came for her to spend the weekend with her dad. And no matter how anyone tried, they couldn't drag out of her why she was so terrified of having to be with her dad from then on. I suspected sexual abuse, but it may just as well have been something completely different. But whatever it was, as far as I know, nobody ever found out, and I lost all contact with Sonia shortly after that. (Yeah, it's a weird family... :hmm:)

The last time I ran into Sabine in real life, she told me that Hannelore was "doing very bad" — meaning that life was being hard on her, or that she was in some kind of trouble that she couldn't get out of anymore. And from what Sabine told me, Hannelore has already gone missing now at least ten years ago, and nobody seems to know (or even care) where she is. She left her son with Sonia, and Sonia has since then been raising the boy as her own, even though she's his grandmother.

And now here's the link with the dream: Hannelore is indeed a natural blonde, she is indeed also very pretty, and the last time I saw her — she was 19 at the time — she had very long hair. And I haven't seen Sabine anymore in over a decade, and Hannelore herself in, oh, about 18 years, I think. But suddenly I get that dream, with a very poor and unhappy, pretty blonde young woman, who could just as well have been Hannelore, and who handed me her cellphone because my cousin Sabine wanted to talk to me. (Never even mind how come Sabine would know that I happened to be driving by that house. :p)

Anyway, that's about it on account of dreams of mine which have some kind of real connection to the reality outside of the dreamscape. But these kinds of dreams are either way also very rare. Most of my dreams are highly surreal, and more often than not, they are also unpleasant — I also have lots of nightmares. I do on occasion also have nice dreams, and sometimes even hilarious ones.

One dream that also appears to return every once in a while — with a slightly different setting each time — is that I'm somewhere out in the open, usually on a warm summer night and usually also all on my own, and I look up at the sky, and there's a whole caravan of UFOs in all kinds of sizes and shapes traveling overhead (at fairly low altitude), and then I'm thinking to myself, "They are finally here! They have all come, and for an official, open contact with humanity!" Sometimes there's only one ship, and then I'm thinking, "OMG, I've just seen my first ever UFO!" :lol:

This is an interesting discussion, and I feel the reality we live in (the matrix) was created by thought many millennia ago, we built it and it solidified more or less in our mind(s).

Somehow I'm inclined to believe that too. :hmm:

modwiz
6th September 2017, 01:16
If I have my schedule straight, next Wed. is my date to be on Nox Mente. Better check, lol.