PDA

View Full Version : Miles Johnston on mind mapping 21st October 2013

Kathy
23rd October 2013, 18:21
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEil-VoloYE&feature=youtu.be

"Miles talking about his suspicions about mind mapping in broadcasting institutions, and explains the triggers he has from the tiles that were instructed to be painted spontaneously by Sky TV personnel."

KosmicKat
24th October 2013, 13:14
The thing about the drawing of the sun being an inter-dimensional tentacled entity intruding worries me because my daughter was trying very hard to draw in the animé style. When her therapist asked to see some of her drawings she inferred that "The eyes are large because they've seen so much, and the mouths are tiny because they cannot tell what they know".

There is a story about a disabled child whose mother took her to see a therapist because all the crayon drawings she brought home from kindergarten were black! Talking to mother and daughter together, the therapist asked why the drawings were all so black and the disabled daughter explained "I can't move as fast as everybody else, so the black crayons are the only ones left in the tin".

The overall point he is making, that television is a hypnotic medium, has, I believe, been known (if not very much discussed) for a long time.

On the subject of mind mapping, this is an application of the term I haven't come across before: I find it useful as a way of graphically representing ideas I want to retain without having to write pages of notes that I will probably never read and despair of finding the content I want.