PDA

View Full Version : Xploration Centre: A New Paradigm School

WantDisclosure
2nd September 2017, 12:46
I learned about this school from an email exchange with comic Steve Bhaerman, co-author with Bruce Lipton of the book Spontaneous Evolution.

The following is an inspirational fund-raising video, which apparently was successful:

Xi54BK9BKuc

:thup:

WantDisclosure
2nd September 2017, 14:18

Phillip Moore is associated with a website called Trim Tab.

On their "About" page, he explains the meaning of the name:

Trim Tab was first introduced to me as a conceptual tool taken from engineering. Buckminster Fuller, my mentor, teacher and adopted grandfather, explained that “ there’s a tiny thing at the edge of the rudder called a trim tab. It’s a miniature rudder. Just moving the little trim tab builds a low pressure that pulls the rudder around. Takes almost no effort at all. So I said that the little individual can be a trim tab.” Bucky lived his life as a Trim Tab which is why ‘Call me Trim Tab’ is written on his Grave Stone.

Having worked within a community for over four decades, I wondered what could happen if an entire community made a commitment to become the Trim Tab for a paradigm shift in the field of education. I got very excited about working in small groups with teachers, parents, grand parents, administrators, students and seekers who were ready to devote their consciousness to something much bigger then themselves. We would explore initiatives that arose from the inside out. We would use the tools of meditation, self reflection, introspection, and intuition to bond. Once that bond was formed we’d use our collective insights to offer initiatives that would act as Trim Tabs.

The full name of the website: www.trimtab.in; happened after Jamie Snyder, Bucky’s grandson and trustee for his grandfather’s inventions and ideas, gave his blessing to us. We were searching the web for site addresses that were open and discovered that ‘in’ which is associated with India was open so we decided to take it. India for many of us who were influenced by the 60’s was the country of inner transformation. It was where Ram Dass went to awaken. It was where Krishnamurti was born. It was where the Beatles were drawn to because of Maharishi Mahesh Yogi. It was where I went to during the nadir of Upland Hills School to find my true self and purpose. It fit.

The dot fits as a stop, a pause, a signifier, and ‘in’ fits as India, inside ourselves, in service of the Great Mystery.

About Trim Tab (http://trimtab.in/about-trimtab/)

WantDisclosure
2nd September 2017, 15:34

I'm guessing that the first school is set to open this month.

Here is a video regarding the future:

Xploration Centre
Published on May 4, 2017

Xploration Centre is not just a school...It is a global movement to shift the education paradigm. It is our intention to be a stand for a world where every child has access to a love based education where they are honoured for their genius. Imagine a world where children are deeply connected to nature and developing their entrepreneurial spirit to help make the world a better place. That is a world that Xploration Centre sees and is set on a mission to pave the way. We need all of you now more than ever to join us on this movement and support the development of Xploration Centres around the world.

JOIN US! www.xplorationcentre.com

0kHOLCmLZfg

WantDisclosure
2nd September 2017, 17:27
I'm guessing that the first school is set to open this month.
Apparently, not.

From the Indiegogo page of the initiative:

Where is the school located?

We are in active explorations and dialogue with a few options as we are committed to selecting the absolute best space possible of those that arise. Our commitment is to be within 30min of downtown Victoria, and thus far the spaces we have been looking at are all in the forest & farm nature belt zone north-east of downtown (in the Highlands-to-Saanich realm). Our intention is that there will be transportation/carpooling available. If you are interested in becoming one of the Founding Family members but the location is a deciding factor for you, you have some choices - you can a) pre-apply at $5000/child and then if the travel to our space doesn't work we will return all your dollars.. or b) fully wait to see what space we decide on and register at the $8000 tuition level at that time (if there are spaces available).

Xploration Centre: A New Paradigm School (https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/xploration-centre-a-new-paradigm-school-love-nature#/)
I wish schools like this would come about in the public school system.

WantDisclosure
2nd September 2017, 17:36
This is priceless!

D7cgpGuanEA