PDA

View Full Version : D-Tube (hopefully) killing off Youtube: best videos to store?

Dumpster Diver
29th August 2017, 22:28
Now that we have blockchain D-Tube:

https://steemit.com/dtube/@heimindanger/dtube-0-2-faster-to-serve-videos-stronger-to-resist-censorship

Are there critical videos we should store? Can we do that?

Not smart enough in this biz...

Aianawa
30th August 2017, 00:07
I sometimes wonder, are the tptW unable to actually comprehend the reality here now

Dumpster Diver
30th August 2017, 00:50
I sometimes wonder, are the tptW unable to actually comprehend the reality here now

tptW = Muggles?

If so, nope. Muggles need to be on the Spectrum otherwise they cannot see thru the veil...I know this as I live with one. She cannot see what I see, even her friends tell her stuff and she cannot let go of that "reality."

So she watches MSNBC's Rachel Maddow and thinks she is "up to date."

Aianawa
30th August 2017, 02:05
the powers that were as opposed to of old , be

Dumpster Diver
30th August 2017, 06:55
the powers that were as opposed to of old , be

Nope, bad guys are more clued in than we are, but much, much fewer.

Kathy
31st August 2017, 11:28
tptW = Muggles?

I live with one. She cannot see what I see, even her friends tell her stuff and she cannot let go of that "reality."

So she watches MSNBC's Rachel Maddow and thinks she is "up to date."

You must live a very interesting life, DD.

bonybony89
31st August 2017, 13:10
Seems like the blockchain is going to revolutionise the Internet we know it. Is there any newbie-friendly source for learning how does it work and what are the major advantages of using it?

Aragorn
31st August 2017, 13:43
Seems like the blockchain is going to revolutionise the Internet we know it. Is there any newbie-friendly source for learning how does it work and what are the major advantages of using it?

Well, there's the Wikipedia article (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blockchain), but whether that's newbie-friendly or not is in the eye of the beholder. ;) I'm a computer guy and even I can't make heads or tails of it. :p

Also, for most part the technology seems to be used for Bitcoin mining, and I have my own considerations about that. It just shifts the financial-economical problem onto another tray, without dealing with the root of the problem, i.e. that society is based on an artificially created and maintained scarcity. :hmm:

That said...

http://users.telenet.be/stryder/The_One_Truth/Miscellaneous/welcome.jpeg

;)

Aianawa
31st August 2017, 19:51
Welcome Bony, Clif High is the only crypto fella that makes any sense to me and still not able to fully understand it lol.

Dumpster Diver
1st September 2017, 23:41
You must live a very interesting life, DD.

Yeah, and it keeps on getting better...which means it's probably worse for the GF.

we are 180 degrees apart but think each other "cute"...lucky for that

Welcome Bony,

I don't understand it either, and I will not do something I do not understand.

Myst
2nd September 2017, 20:53

sandy
3rd September 2017, 07:23
Doesn't surprise me that you didn't get a response Myst.....hahhahaa I'm really quite thick when it comes to computer stuff so thanks as it does give me a better Idea and explanation on how blockchain works and why it has become so popular........ pretty awesome brain who thought this program up!!

Dumpster Diver
4th September 2017, 03:59
Very nice explanation, Myst. As a math guy, but pretty mediocre I'll admit, I think your write up is easy enough for most to get it, or at least the gist of this important topic.

sinzzer
30th November 2017, 09:11
Hello people, it's a long time i was here on this forum, but i can say something about D-tube, steemit and the concept of the blockchain.
Because im specialized in the blockchain for a couple of years now, in fact it's my work. I created a company to advise organizations, and people in there situation about which blockchain project would be best in there situation. And what i noticed is, that the masses or the public almost don't know what the deal is about cryptocurrency.

Some say it's something created by the elite, others say governments this or that. But the truth is, it's a complete other ball game.
From my point of view is cryptocurrency the evolution of the financial system, it cants be corrupted or manipulated in some way.
Because the value depends on the buy and sell of the coin. So Let's say if a major group want to buy a coin, then price go up. And when it goes up, then others will sell for profit or hope it will rise longer.
And if the "elite" wants to sell cheap, then only a small group will be affected by the value, the group who did not sold it.
But then again it could rise again, because others see that the value is cheap, and they saw before that it has risen to a high level, and then they hope it will rise again.
And that will happen because that is the reaction when others buy a coin.

Another point is that blockchain networks are decentralized, data could never be removed or hacked. The only thing what can happen is, that hackers steel passwords of wallets. But that has nothing to do with the blockchain and more with the local security of the personal network.

So D-tube is an application what is created with open source on the steemit blockchain, what work with the consensus of proof of brain. What means that when others vote for the content, or like to call it in facebook terms, then a coin will be created. The coin is the steemdollar, what can be traded for steem coins or transferred to a exchange platform like bittrex or bitfinance or many others.
What then can be traded for bitcoins, or dollars.

It's in fact a system what is created for the people, to remove the middle man like bankers, governments, and works different from youtube and facebook, who only sell private information to companies.
They can also block or censor content, those things can't be done on a blockchain technology.

So this time is almost the same as the beginning of the internet, its a new concept and people think that they don't need it, like people in the past thought that they don't need the internet.
But the truth is, our society needs a new financial system, a system what is not created with the needs what created the problem in the first place. Like the currency we have on this moment is creating only slaves, then free people.

What we need is to be free from the boundaries of the system what keep us prison, we don't need banks if i want to send money to someone else.
We dont need anyone to earn on our back, and everyone needs the funds or options to reach the goal he is after in life, but those goals can be difficult if we first need to focus on our regular needs like food, housing or normal things in life.

For that reason i started years ago to focus on the blockchain technology, i learned about the different strategies and i saw that it could really work for everyone.
There is no catch behind it, or some kind of trap for others. No not at all, in fact it can create a option to be financial free for everyone.
THe only thing what people need to do is working together, stand side by side and look to the bigger picture.
What is, that we all live on this planet and we all want to make the best of it, and that wound work if we make money on each other backs.
Humanity can reach more if the 99% of the masses decide to change the system, instead of the 1% who decide for everyone else, like what happen in the past.
That wound work, and will only leads to wars, racism, discrimination, ignorance, poverty and a financial system what will only work for the elites.

That could change if people start to open there minds and learn about the blockchain technology or about blockchain concepts, what can create the opportunity for everyone to earn coins or to generate coins, what could be used for trading or sold for profit. Like the bitcoin is now on this moment more than 10000 dollars, but once it costed almost nothing. And bitcoin is not the only coin out there, in fact there are many coins related to business concepts or software, or connected to social media concepts, were members can earn coins like Steemit. And we are now in the right time and in the right moment, because now it will grow.
I already know that much software will be replaced by blockchain concepts or networks, and i know that social media will change as we know.

The power of the future will depend on the networks what were created in the past, or what will be created in the future. So concepts like D-tube is just one of the many new applications what you all will hear of, and more is coming. Concepts to earn from surfing, searching on google, from hosting, from real state, from tourism, from blogging, from a forum, from sharing content, from creating content, for an education system, health care, and many more. And the only thing what those concepts ask for is the same activity or time what people are doing now for big companies who don't share the profit.
This is not fiction or fake or a hoax, its real and its already out.

So yes it would be smart to create a account on steemit and work with D-tube, to give the opportunity to the viewers of this forum, to support the content creator with a vote or like, on this way the one truth members can support each other in many ways.
This is my page on steemit, im called Mark Owen
https://steemit.com/@jhera

So if you got any questions, feel free to ask!
Cheers

enjoy being
30th November 2017, 10:04
Hi Sinzzer.
They (steemit) ask for cell phone number when signing up. I still have problems with digesting that kind of request, maybe I am being unnecessarily paranoid?
I like the idea. I have had certain thoughts over the years.
Like, "The system operates seemingly on rewards given to people who dream up ways of taking, imagine if it were geared by a motivation of dreaming up ways of giving".
Why does it display the balance of members for all to see? Is this just to show people real time proof of concept, for now? I would imagine it to be a bit intrusive of privacy to show balances down the track, it would also give attemptors of hacking the heads up on who to target?

Welcome back and thanks for contributing.

Add.

Why does it display the balance of members for all to see? Is this just to show people real time proof of concept, for now? I would imagine it to be a bit intrusive of privacy to show balances down the track, it would also give attemptors of hacking the heads up on who to target?

I read the FAQ and worked out what the numerical value is and it wasn't what I thought it was, so disregard that question.
I think by reading the FAQ I have the beginnings of an understanding of how it works but it will take a bit of time.
My account name will be enjoybeing :-)

Dreamtimer
30th November 2017, 11:34
Hi Sinzzer. Good to see you around. Bitcoins and all.;)

Dumpster Diver
30th November 2017, 12:45
I’m just going to come out and say it:

When the electric grid goes down, and it will with the earth’s poles reversing and the sun flaring (we had two “near-miss kill-shots” this summer, either of which if aimed at Earth would have taken us back to horse and buggy days) your bitcoins will go poof as well.

The sun is getting more unstable, the Earth’s shielding is not protecting us anymore. Food, tools, books is where it’s at. Even gold and silver won’t be worth much.

Dreamtimer
30th November 2017, 13:01
One 'forecast' I heard advised just that, Dumpy, food, tools and books. (that was from decades ago)

enjoy being
30th November 2017, 13:07
Keeping your 'vibration', your wits about you, holding your water. This is more important than working out how to get peanuts out of the puzzle machine.

Kathy
30th November 2017, 16:22
Hi sinzer,
Are you saying that you founded steemit? I wonder if you can explain something about the hackings of blockchain site on the internet, and give an idea of how secure steemit is, please.

sinzzer
30th November 2017, 18:06
Hi Sinzzer.
They (steemit) ask for cell phone number when signing up. I still have problems with digesting that kind of request, maybe I am being unnecessarily paranoid?
I like the idea. I have had certain thoughts over the years.
Like, "The system operates seemingly on rewards given to people who dream up ways of taking, imagine if it were geared by a motivation of dreaming up ways of giving".

Welcome back and thanks for contributing.

Add.

I read the FAQ and worked out what the numerical value is and it wasn't what I thought it was, so disregard that question.
I think by reading the FAQ I have the beginnings of an understanding of how it works but it will take a bit of time.
My account name will be enjoybeing :-)

heya, no there is nothing to worry about.
You can use any prepaid number and throw away the fun, its just with phone then registration is more faster.
And yes i also understand about being paranoid, i mean earning crypto coins from blogging seems like impossible.
But its not, its just the new technology of mining cryptocurrency coins on a blockchain network.

And why it show the balance of members? Because everything on the blockchain is open for everyone to see.
Every transactions can be founded back on the records of the blockchain, and the only thing what will be hidden are your passwords.
Unless you share that openly on the blockchain.
So the wallet on steemit is only your account wallet, its open for everyone to see, but you can send your earnings to your pc wallet, or exchange platforms what nobody can see.
And no hacking is almost impossible, because the servers are decentralized, then they must hack every computer on the blockchain, on the same time.
There for the US government defence system is on a blockchain network.

And thanks, it feels good to be back.
ps: follow me after you register.

Hi Sinzzer. Good to see you around. Bitcoins and all.;)

hey Dreamtimer, thank you!

I’m just going to come out and say it:

When the electric grid goes down, and it will with the earth’s poles reversing and the sun flaring (we had two “near-miss kill-shots” this summer, either of which if aimed at Earth would have taken us back to horse and buggy days) your bitcoins will go poof as well.

The sun is getting more unstable, the Earth’s shielding is not protecting us anymore. Food, tools, books is where it’s at. Even gold and silver won’t be worth much.

When the times comes then having food, tools or books wound help us either. We can only sit back and wait till out times come.
And till that time i will not sit by and be a slave for bankers or the elite, i prefer to die as a free man, or il die trying!

sinzzer
30th November 2017, 18:17
Hi sinzer,
Are you saying that you founded steemit? I wonder if you can explain something about the hackings of blockchain site on the internet, and give an idea of how secure steemit is, please.

No i did not founded that, i found the website after it started in 2016.
After a friend introduced me to that platform, since then i was very active with real friends on it , and created groups on facebook.

About the hacking of blockchain sites.
Well there is no hacking on blochchain sites, the only thing what can be hacked are exchange platforms on centralized servers, like a server on a regular hosting.
That can be hacked, if the security is not good.
It works like this.

Exchange platforms keep an amount of different coins, they call it volumes.
And when a hacker crack the passwords, then they can go inside and transfer all coins to anonymous wallets, what are almost impossible to hack.
And that is the chance what could happen on a centralize website or server.
That is different with steemit, its a social media application on a blockchain decentralized network, spread around on many nodes or computers, who secure that network.
So the date is not on the site, its on the blockchain network.

But it might be best to google about steemit, or check some videos about steemit to understand more about that platform.
Because at the end of the day, steemit dont ask money from members, it only ask qaulity creative content to be shared, and from that can members earn.
So when they talk about hacking about bitcoins, they are talking about hacking the passwords, to get into the wallets of sites or personal accounts.

sinzzer
30th November 2017, 18:47
What i noticed is this, there is so much misinformation about the bitcoin and cryptocurrencies, and they all come from the media.
Who are the same media what pollute our society from day 1, and they are guided by bankers and the governments.
And they will never ever tell the truth about cryptocurrencies to the public.
They will share lies, that criminals use them.
That people will lose there money.
That its a coin created by the elite to create a worldwide coin.
Or that its created by aliens or who ever to control society.

I can tell you all straight up, its nonsense.
And im specialized in cryptocurrencies and blockchain concepts.

The truth is the bitcoin is a stand alone coin, its not under control by any company and is used as a payment option.
In a way that some business accept bitcoins as payment.It was created with the mining strategy of proof or work.
What latterly means a miner or a computer calculate bank transactions between computer, and for that calculation it earn a reward, that reward is the bitcoin.

Now there are many more mining strategies or concensus, like proof of stake.
What latterly means, that someone can own some coins, hold them in his wallet, and then he earns some coins after the system detect that it had some coins in wallet.

Another one is proof of brain, that is the concept of steemit.
Were a miner is a witness and detects the likes or votes people get, and from that it get a reward.

So around these blockchain concepts have companies worldwide created business concepts, to get better results in there companies, because the blockchain offer better solutions than the regular software, and those concepts also got a coin, and if the concept of the business is booming, then the value of the coin will rise. And now we are in a timezone, that many business concepts get on the market what could indeed frighten people, because its new, but that don't mean that they are negative.

In fact all those concepts are mostly created for the regular person, who at the end had no chance or option to succeed on the old business concepts.
This means everyone can soon be a entrepreneur, and start doing business with each other about anything.
There will be many options for crowdfunding, were projects can crowd fund in a complete different way.
Or to get funding will be a lot easier.

But the negativity around cryptocurrencies stand in the way for the masses to see the truth about cryptocurrencies.
That is the problem what i see in a nutshell around this subject. So people need to do or think about what they want, its just tobad that many judgments get influenced by the same old media, who manipulate the masses since day1.

Lemual
18th February 2018, 00:50
Any TOT members on steemit yet?

enjoy being
18th February 2018, 00:53
Yeah but I haven't been using it. enjoybeing

Lemual
18th February 2018, 01:04
Cool, I just signed up. Once I'm in I'll look out for you! :)

enjoy being
18th February 2018, 01:16
Sure thing! It was a bit confusing how it all works, but in the end the best thing is not worry much about that and to create content.
I was a bit disillusioned by bits of it being people just trying hard to earn currency at the moment. When the novelty wears off maybe people will settle in to making content.
It is an awesome concept to answer the question of post automated age leading to job shortages. In theory people could do just whatever their joy is and be paid for it.

Lemual
18th February 2018, 04:03
In theory people could do just whatever their joy is and be paid for it.

Yeah I think if I add any content it'll be in a musical vein, definitely interested to see how it progresses.

enjoy being
24th February 2018, 05:30
In the light of recent actions across social media formats, I certainly think it is time for people to demonetise Youtube and Twitter or any others found to be involved in this practice, and blacklist them for violating our own policy on harassment and bullying.

Dumpster Diver
25th February 2018, 04:39
In the light of recent actions across social media formats, I certainly think it is time for people to demonetise Youtube and Twitter or any others found to be involved in this practice, and blacklist them for violating our own policy on harassment and bullying.

A number of alt-world folks have been tossed out or severely limited by YouTube and Facebook. It’s time to boycott these clowns and/or strip videos and post them on Dtube.

Lemual
26th February 2018, 02:12
^^ Couldn't agree more! I think the only reason I'm hanging on to my FB account is to broadcast the fact that I'll be doing the vast majority of my "social media-ing" on platforms other than FB and youtube. Ie steemit, dtube and dsound.