PDA

View Full Version : The Lamplight Group

WantDisclosure
20th August 2017, 14:44
TOT Member Justin Deschamps is a member of this group.

I have stumbled upon the following video, which is an introduction to the Lamplight Group.

To me, the three individuals in the video exude something I think is a magic bullet for solving any public affairs issue: The spirit of cooperation.

Shout it from the rooftops, I say.

NgwumcSMpBk

"Oneness" is the same thing in my mind.

It's the spirit of cooperation. :thup:

Aragorn
20th August 2017, 16:15
TOT Member Justin Deschamps [...]

If you still want to consider Mr. Deschamps a member of The One Truth, that is. (But then again, I'm sure you do. :rolleyes:)

Mr. Deschamps signed up here on the 17th of April 2015, and even though he never bothered to request the retirement of his account, his last login dates back to the 6th of August 2015. So it has been over two years that he last checked in, and his tenure as a member has barely lasted about 3.5 months. In that time, he made a whopping total of 10 posts. In other words, he never even made it to "senior member" — it takes 25 posts before the forum engine assigns that title to a member.

In the same vein, it also deserves to be noted that Corey Goode was still active here during that time — albeit that he too would eventually leave The One Truth a few months later — and that Mr. Deschamps had therefore already abandoned the forum before his idol did.

:tea:

WantDisclosure
20th August 2017, 16:28
If you still want to consider Mr. Deschamps a member of The One Truth that is.
In my opinion, focusing on members instead of issues is entirely inappropriate, especially when it comes from staff on a forum.

The only reason why I mentioned membership at all is because it is a fact and relevant to the video that I find so inspirational.

The purpose of this thread was to focus on the spirit of cooperation, which I think is highly appropriate for the sub-forum Spirituality & Psyche.

My suggestion is that we get:back to topic: which was a spiritual one, not a topic regarding specific people, including me.

Aragorn
20th August 2017, 17:14
In my opinion, focusing on members instead of issues is entirely inappropriate, especially when it comes from staff on a forum.

Your opinion is noted, but entirely beside the point. The One Truth is not just a message board but a community, and within a community, the members do matter. And that is especially the case if the past forum membership of a person X is being brought up by another forum member Y as an argument for the credibility of member X's claims and/or affiliations.

Furthermore, what I personally find inappropriate is that a certain member would be feeling entitled to lecture the staff of a forum on how the forum should be run when that very same member has been showing nothing but a passive-aggressive attitude at best and disdainful criticism at worst toward said staff from the very beginning of their membership.

(And just in case it wasn't clear, I'm not talking of Justin here.)

The only reason why I mentioned membership at all is because it is a fact and relevant to the video that I find so inspirational.

I don't see Mr. Deschamps' abandoned membership of The One Truth as relevant to the content of the video, and it certainly also doesn't grant him any extra credibility — why would it?

The purpose of this thread was to focus on the spirit of cooperation, which I think is highly appropriate for the sub-forum Spirituality & Psyche.

My suggestion is that we get:back to topic: which was a spiritual one, not a topic regarding specific people, including me.

By all means, be my guest. :getcoat:

WantDisclosure
20th August 2017, 17:20
Your opinion is noted, but entirely beside the point. The One Truth is not just a message board but a community, and within a community, the members do matter. And that is especially the case if the past forum membership of a person X is being brought up by another forum member Y as an argument for the credibility of member X's claims and/or affiliations.

To the contrary, no argument of credibility was made by me whatsoever.

I made a statement of fact, which I routinely do in my posts to give the reader, which is not just forum members, but the world, information that is relevant.

Aianawa
21st August 2017, 03:52
Okay, is he a member or not a member ?, can a yes or no be provided at least on this aspect ?, now to watch vid.

Feel blue avian paranoia is everywhere atm.

Dreamtimer
21st August 2017, 09:12
Justin is a member and can be found on the members list. Justin is not an active member and based on his long-term absence cannot be considered an active member. If he comes here today to post, then he'll be active. I doubt he will, he has not since Corey's departure.

Blue Avian paranoia, that's funny. I see more paranoia coming from humans about other humans. The birds haven't shown up yet. And based on Outlander's video, I'm not sure they'd be so nice...:scp:

WantDisclosure
21st August 2017, 10:12
To me, the three individuals in the video exude something I think is a magic bullet for solving any public affairs issue: The spirit of cooperation.
Here is what struck me about what these three people said:

Jeremy McDonald - his statement about not being judgmental of anyone else, being accepting of all walks of life
Justin Deschamps - the fact that he started out doing his own research about the world and life, and found that ultimately every line of his research ended up in questions with a spiritual aspect
Sylvia Tuggle - her personal testimony about her experience with her religion failing her and finding her own way by asking God

Dumpster Diver
22nd August 2017, 00:59
My vote is: don't kick Mr. SITS out. I was gone for approx. 1.5 years and I came back...

...much to the chagrin of Dork...er...Donk and Aragorn.:hug:

Dreamtimer
22nd August 2017, 03:26
It was a while, wasn't it Dumpy? For some weird reason I had thought you were Australian before, but you're not.

Did you ever look at the six degrees thread in detail? With your math and numbers skills, you'd really like the treasures in that thread. It was Shadowself who posted it. Six degrees of separation. Her posts are multilayered and rich.

Dumpster Diver
22nd August 2017, 04:51
This video is 6 yrs old, not sure this Lamplighter group still exists.

Dreamy, I was in Australia at the time working on our sports biz, came back and started a massive house move. After selling (took 4 months to get our price), we rented for a year in Coronado and now to Arizona for the "final" house. This should be finished by end of year if wife doesn't shoot me first.

Six degree thread? I guess I missed it.

Dreamtimer
22nd August 2017, 13:02
Et Voila! (https://jandeane81.com/showthread.php/7186-6-Degrees-of-Separation-Order-from-Chaos?highlight=Degrees+Separation)

Trust me, you'll love it. Don't worry about videos that don't work anymore. They're not all necessary to the thrust of the thread.