PDA

View Full Version : Medical Marijuana?

Georgey
10th August 2017, 07:04
Hi All, I just want to ask if anyone ever tried using medical cannabis as an alternative meds? I have read many articles about medical marijuana and how it can help you in terms of chronic pain, bone injuries, eating disorder/anorexia, anxiety disorders and panic attacks, inflammation, even cancer and a lot more. Like this article about a marijuana strain grapefruit diesel (http://www.ilovegrowingmarijuana.com/grapefruit-diesel/). Cbd and thc are also new to me and I don't even smoke. If this is true I cant find any solid conclusive evidence that speaks to its efficacy. Any personal experience or testimonial would be highly appreciated. Thanks

Aianawa
10th August 2017, 07:08
Welcome , apparently it is lab orientated and not organic as such.

sandy
10th August 2017, 07:29
Welcome Georgey :cloud:

Elen
10th August 2017, 08:53
(welcome):fire:

Welcome to TOT Georgey!

Georgey
10th August 2017, 10:26
Thank you for the warm welcome!

Aragorn
10th August 2017, 17:27
Welcome, Georgey! ;)

http://users.telenet.be/stryder/The_One_Truth/Miscellaneous/welcome.jpeg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWIgEtkE3GA

Melidae
10th August 2017, 21:52
Hi All, I just want to ask if anyone ever tried using medical cannabis as an alternative meds? I have read many articles about medical marijuana and how it can help you in terms of chronic pain, bone injuries, eating disorder/anorexia, anxiety disorders and panic attacks, inflammation, even cancer and a lot more. Like this article about a marijuana strain grapefruit diesel (http://www.ilovegrowingmarijuana.com/grapefruit-diesel/). Cbd and thc are also new to me and I don't even smoke. If this is true I cant find any solid conclusive evidence that speaks to its efficacy. Any personal experience or testimonial would be highly appreciated. Thanks

Hi Georgey, and welcome to TOT!

My son is a medical cannabis user for chronic pain, and is also seriously involved in the medical cannabis community. There are reputable schools that teach people about cannabis, the endocannabinoid system, how to grow, and how to properly make FECO (full extraction cannabis oil used mainly by those with cancer) oil, salves, tinctures, etc., and which strains of cannabis work best for particular ailments. My son went to the New England Grass Roots Institute, and has participated in making FECO for patients. One patient in particular (in his twenties) was cured of recurring brain tumors he had suffered since he was a toddler...documented by his doctors at Tufts.

I would highly recommend staying away from dispensaries...they have a lot of requirements for access, but few for quality. They allow a certain amount of mold in their products, do not have people available who would know which strain works best on whatever ailment you may have, and which form of cannabis would work best for you (flowers, tincture, oil), and does not carry organic cannabis. If you or someone you know needs the medicine, find a caregiver who will speak with you/them personally and work with you/them to find what works best for you/them, will provide high quality cannabis, and will monitor your progress.

It is difficult to get information about the medical applications of cannabis in the United States. Many studies have been done by the government, but are unavailable to the general public. One site I can recommend is PubMed...https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed. *Type "CANNABIS" plus any diagnosis to review 1000's of peer reviewed medical studies on cannabis.

The second link is to the Phoenix Tears Foundation, Scientific Studies...http://www.phoenixtearsfoundation.com/scientific-studies/. **"Many Universities and research centers have conducted scientific studies on cannabinoids and their effects on disease. Studies are categorized according to type of disease, such as cancer, multiple sclerosis, Alzheimer’s, etc.

Dr. Raphael Mechoulam from Israel is a good resource, if you'd like to dig deeper. He has some videos on utube.

Information is out there, you just have to dig for it.

Amanda
11th August 2017, 23:58
Georgey - Welcome.

I am not a user of cannabis but when I think of the growing of the plant, for pharmaceutical means - my one concern is whether it is grown with water that contains Sodium Fluoride. The Sodium Fluoride is of course absorbed via the growing plant. People don't always realise that because something is labelled 'Organic' it may not actually be properly organic.

Should the plant being used, have been watered via a watering system that contains Sodium Fluoride (along with chlorine and who knows what else) then the health benefits for the Person would be less than what should be available. Yes/No/Maybe??

Also factor in that Iodine is leached out of the environment in any area that has a water system that contains Sodium Fluoride. So - for those People who are using medical cannabis and feeling better for the use - imagine how much more beneficial the plant could be in an truly organic ecology. Factor in the Geo Engineering if the plant is being grown outside. The benefit of growing outside is that the plant would be absorbing loads of sunshine - which is always beneficial and still our only uncorrupted source of energy/growth/health.

Much Respect & Much Peace - Amanda

Melidae
12th August 2017, 12:39
I understand your concern, Amanda.

Most caregivers have smaller grows more tailored to their particular patients...trading strains with other caregivers as needed. Smaller grows allow more care in nurturing the plants...using soiless mixes that use organic neuts and reverse osmosis water.

Indoor grows tend to be the norm in certain states...even with medical cannabis laws on the books and licenses to grow, local and state police still conduct raids and destroy plants.

The benefit of growing outside may be the sunshine. The downside is the air is loaded with strontium, aluminum, barium, etc. from chemtrails that get into the groundwater and into the plant.