PDA

View Full Version : The Abduction Experience of Whitley Strieber (Art Bell Interview)

WantDisclosure
23rd May 2017, 22:21
In my opinion, listening to the passion in someone's voice relaying an experience is the best way to evaluate whether or not said experience actually did happen.

I have been looking for information about Whitley Strieber, author of the book Communion, because his name came up on a PDF I was reading in relation to the thread "The Avalon Files."

I had heard of Whitley Strieber before, but have not had much experience studying his work.

One of my searches led me to this YouTube video posted by a YouTuber who did not provide us with the date of the interview, but I wanted to post it anyway because the interview is so compelling, in my opinion:

WgS5bqmv8RA

During this interview, which presents a narrative of an abduction experience that took place on December 26, 1985, Whitley Strieber goes on to talk about “paranormal” experiences involving dead people.

I just put “paranormal” in quotation marks because, in my opinion, the reason why we think these things are not normal is that we have been programmed, purposefully, to think that—in order to keep us ignorant about what’s really important in life: Who we are as a species.

There is no doubt in my mind that this person Whitley Strieber is telling the truth.

Note that I don’t say, “the truth as he knows it.”

What I believe is that he’s not mind-controlled into saying what he’s saying. I think he is a free spirit, as in self-directed and in control of his faculties.

I would also like to direct people to 1:21:47, where he was asked to talk about the internet meme of, “He’s just doing this for the money.”

~~~

I stopped listening at 1:28:10, which is the beginning of viewer call-in.

Now, I’m interested in what members think of Whitley Strieber’s personal testimony.

Do you believe him?

If not, why not?

PurpleLama
23rd May 2017, 22:33
Experienced liars and storytellers abound, so although I am fairly psychic on a good day, I wouldn't base anything on how sincere and passionate anyone sounds.

That being said, I have had my own fair share of strange experiences, and I have likewise read several of Streiber's books, and there is more than enough overlap for me to believe he has had his own share of weird shit.

I don't actually agree that what he and other experiencers have reported, famous or not, is necessarily of an extraterrestrial origin. There is plenty of such things embedded within the collective and personal psyche, and we don't even begin to make sense of who and what we are, nor do we have but the slightest inkling of this place we seem to inhabit. I am not saying I don't have my own ideas, or that no one knows the truth at all. Its just that anyone who does ain't telling, and I am similarly inclined to keep the tiny bit that I possess that I can call knowledge very close indeed.

WantDisclosure
23rd May 2017, 22:59
Experienced liars and storytellers abound, so although I am fairly psychic on a good day, I wouldn't base anything on how sincere and passionate anyone sounds.
I can respect that, because I’m not sure I’m right.

That being said, I have had my own fair share of strange experiences, and I have likewise read several of Streiber's books, and there is more than enough overlap for me to believe he has had his own share of weird shit.
I have not read his books, so you are more familiar with him than I am.

I don't actually agree that what he and other experiencers have reported, famous or not, is necessarily of an extraterrestrial origin.
That’s true, but what I’m beginning to realize is, it doesn’t make any difference whether or not beings come from somewhere on planet Earth, or elsewhere; they’re not us, as in human, and that’s what we have to come to grips with.

PurpleLama
24th May 2017, 11:22
That’s true, but what I’m beginning to realize is, it doesn’t make any difference whether or not beings come from somewhere on planet Earth, or elsewhere; they’re not us, as in human, and that’s what we have to come to grips with.

The real kicker is, one thing we can be relatively certain of is that we are not what we think we are, as in the general concept of what human is supposed to mean. With all the woo woo wacky things people on these boards might say or even believe about themselves, people stuck in the western mindset (especially) look at it all and say, well none of that can be true. I say the opposite, that likely a substantial portion of the strangest things are not only true, but even further that our wildest ideas and imaginings are barely even scratching the surface.

All that and I still say that Corey Goode is full of shit. (Sorry, I couldn't help myself, I promise that wasn't my real point, just to say that.)

When one starts seeing into the wide vistas of what the dept of psyche holds, one wouldn't want to go on tv to talk about it, rather one would sincerely hope to see others go looking out into the aethers for themselves. I can say I am an alien, or I was abducted, or perhaps I have some faery or dragon blood back in my family line, and while all or none of this might be true, what possible good does it do you? God gave you an imagination as well as the ability to choose what to believe or disbelieve, so the best anyone can so is some honest soul searching without the automatic rejection mechanism that's been programmed into 20th century western culture.

Don't fear what is inside you, don't fear the what is out there in the universe, and rather than watching it on tv go find some old Buddhist or Hindu scriptures or any other ancient mythological system for that matter, and take it on board as a fact that is beyond the western mind but within your own reach if you so choose.

WantDisclosure
24th May 2017, 11:43
When one starts seeing into the wide vistas of what the dept of psyche holds, one wouldn't want to go on tv to talk about it . . .
To the contrary, one would go on tv to talk about it, if that were one's mission in this life.

I am more than grateful for the precious few whistleblowers that we have.

Without them, I would be uninformed.

Dreamtimer
24th May 2017, 13:03
Whitley has a website (http://www.unknowncountry.com). It has interesting content. Part of his Dreamland show can be heard and there's also another show called The Experience. He was very close to his wife who passed away from cancer not too long ago.

The last time I listened to Whitley he said he doesn't think disclosure is a good idea. He doesn't think people can really handle it. He also says that he doesn't know what the visitors are: alien, from another dimension, or something else.

PurpleLama
24th May 2017, 13:08
To the contrary, one would go on tv to talk about it, if that were one's mission in this life.

I am more than grateful for the precious few whistleblowers that we have.

Without them, I would be uninformed.

Whistleblower is a misnomer, in this case. I would suggest information is of limited utility, rather the vast majority of it is for entertainment purposes only.

WantDisclosure
24th May 2017, 13:23
Whistleblower is a misnomer, in this case. I would suggest information is of limited utility, rather the vast majority of it is for entertainment purposes only.

I'm not here to try to change minds.

Only to express my opinion and learn from others.

PurpleLama
24th May 2017, 13:31
Indeed, everyone is entitled to learn, and likewise entitled to form opinions. The trap comes when our opinions crystallize and we erroneously believe we have learned something.

Elen
24th May 2017, 13:57
Indeed, everyone is entitled to learn, and likewise entitled to form opinions. The trap comes when our opinions crystallize and we erroneously believe we have learned something.

Spoken like a Sage.

Outlander
27th May 2017, 06:35
I have not read his books, so you are more familiar with him than I am.

Perhaps you should read his book too...

Strieber Whitley - Communion (pdf)
http://www.academia.edu/8060457/Strieber_Whitley_Communion

WantDisclosure
27th May 2017, 09:51
Part of his Dreamland show can be heard . . .
I have recently subscribed to his website, and I'm having a hard time navigating it.

For the Dreamland show, I can't figure out how to access the part of it that is for subscribers only. It seems that all there is is the free part repeated. :confused:

By any chance would you be able to help me out with that?

Dreamtimer
27th May 2017, 13:36
I never subscribed myself. I'm sorry I can't help you with that. I've listened to publicly available portions.

The One
27th May 2017, 13:48
Here is a great show here the communication letters https://jandeane81.com/showthread.php/9663-Midnight-In-The-Desert-Heather-Wade-Whitley-Strieber-%E2%80%93-The-Communion-Letters-21-July-2016

WantDisclosure
8th June 2017, 12:26
For the Dreamland show, I can't figure out how to access the part of it that is for subscribers only. It seems that all there is is the free part repeated. :confused:
After several emails back and forth with customer service for the website, my money was refunded because the problem couldn’t be resolved for some unknown reason.

So, I won’t have access to the Subscriber part.

I have never had any experiences myself, but I am very interested in the experiences of those who have, and I find it more than disturbing the ridicule that experiencers have to endure when trying to tell their stories.

Ridicule and sarcasm is a huge problem, in my opinion, across the board in the alternative community. I think it’s almost a disease.

Any thoughts on that?

Dreamtimer
8th June 2017, 12:34
My initial thought is that's why this place is here. So you, and others, can share and not be ridiculed.

Whitley does interviews, I've come across a few here and there. I don't have them downloaded but if you do a search I imagine you'll find a few. If you don't want to Google, try Startpage.

In a more recent one I heard he talked about how he doesn't really think disclosure is a good idea because he doesn't think we're ready. He doesn't know who or what the 'others' are.

WantDisclosure
8th June 2017, 13:05
Whitley does interviews, I've come across a few here and there.
What I have in mind is experiencers themselves being able to post on forums.

Dreamtimer
8th June 2017, 14:14
There may not be many forums where that is safe. But there are a lot of forums. I have no idea how many. I don't know if there are experiencers at eye-rise, but that may be a good place to share.

Due to the whistleblower thing, some may be put off. So much attention goes to the secret soldier type. Many people aren't as open to sharing because they've experienced a lot of trolling and just don't even want to do it anymore.

There seem to be a lot of questions surrounding abduction experience. Who is doing the abduction? Is there some kind of mind control going on? Are there Others? ET or extra dimensional? Are memories being taken, added, affected in some way?

On Whitley's site there is another show called The Experience. I haven't listened very recently but I listened to many of them when it first started. It's not too long, and the host talks to different people who have had experiences. That may be a good way to hear other regular people and their stories.

Dreamtimer
8th June 2017, 15:10
I just went and looked to see who is on The Experience this week and it's Whitley himself. It was posted on 5/31 and is still up.

Maggie
8th June 2017, 16:52
I know this is off topic but I think that there IS something that is plaguing people through intrusions of paranormal and maybe malevolent intent. I have no idea of why and yet I have seen some "what" that was chilling. In my history, my family was quite "crazy" and my husband's also and we bonded over this kind of trauma.

One day after Communion was published, it was weirdly placed on an end cap at the grocery near the checkout line. It had the grey alien on the cover. My husband picked it up and bought it. I was not sure why?

If there are abductions and interference, I would be inclined to think his whole family was involved and their various "disorders" of their PTSD untreated. What is happening when people spiral down into the depths of "darkness'? I have had theories for Greg's family including curses placed on the generations by sorcerers to punish the ones who took the land? I just don't know?

There is something terribly wrong seen in certain families, way beyond what is expected.. There are hints of early child abuse, maybe sexual, maybe generational? People are acting out addiction, even seeming satanic influence (or is that tattoo just rebellion? Why gravitate to THAT music? Is that black outfit fashion? Is that hate YOURS?) Then when you think it cannot get worse, the maleficent influence seems to be increasing and people are dying? I could write a really terrible novel based on the family of my husband which I saw. It would be terrible because it would have no plot except for a long string of mental illnesses, social extremism and tragedies. The ending results in annihilation of the family, death of every member, ruin of property and for no known reason.

WantDisclosure
8th June 2017, 17:15
I don't know if there are experiencers at eye-rise, but that may be a good place to share.
Why not The One Truth forum?

Dreamtimer
8th June 2017, 17:18
Wow. Sounds like something that nearly happened to some people that I know. Fate interfered. Things took a turn for the better although mostly no one could see it at the time.

I'm pretty sure any things paranormal in my family were just not spoken about. Not even whispered. They weren't fundamentalist but very religious. I think my aunt was a dreamer but she never said anything and neither did anyone else. I came to this through my own dreams. She kept showing up. She always wanted to talk to me or ask about places to go. In 'real life', she was always a pioneer and traveller.

I don't think my family was able to think of dreams as being real in any substantial way. Too bad, that.

DNA
8th June 2017, 19:30
Here is the problem with abduction type scenarios, including Whitley's and I'm sorry if this offends anyone.
There is a phenomenon called screen memories, and they seem to be false narratives to what really took place.
The technique for recognizing and working past these screen memories was pioneered by David Jacobs and the application was used best by Barbara Bartholic and
Karla Turner. The real narrative behind the abduction scenarios was not too pretty.
Behind the messiah complex that seemed to domainate most abductees was a very negative actual memory.
I applaud Whitley for his bravery in coming forward, but I do not believe any of his narratives in so far as how the interactions actually took place.
And in so far as sharing personal experiences it's tough.
For instance I believe Simon Parks was an actual abductee and that point is often lost
But apparently Simon has nothing positive to offer.
It's kind of like Corey Goode, who may be a real MILAB, but both people are beholden to a group with superior tech that seems to be able to brainwash and implant false memories at will. How can we not be suspect of folks giving testimony from this?

Dreamtimer
8th June 2017, 19:34
I wasn't excluding this venue. There is a whole forum section on abductions and experiences (https://jandeane81.com/forumdisplay.php/30-Contactees-Abductees). (which is where we are)

WantDisclosure
8th June 2017, 19:58
How can we not be suspect of folks giving testimony from this?
It doesn't make any difference if some information coming to us is not true.

What makes a difference is that we all listen respectfully to what others have to say, ask relevant questions, and persist in connecting dots as a group effort.