PDA

View Full Version : Karma Explained, OMG FN Xlent

Aianawa
17th May 2017, 22:42
Just finishing this vid by Matt Khan and massively impressed, have explained or tried to explain this to people over the years but now after down loading this, an aha and omg moment enjoyed >

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HP7Emi0Gls&t=1125s

Deserves its own thread, just like the Way out of Pain vid and I Don't Know vid imo.

Lol, is also a wee bit like a comedy show at times.

Aianawa
22nd May 2017, 06:59
Bump, like AHA, I will discuss this all by myself then, off to a certain thread first though

Nice that's much better

Aianawa
22nd May 2017, 07:22
This blew my mind because it confirmed for myself the why and Ys of karma, still levels above this like purpose for eggysample.

If one has already done the fufulling of oneself ( lifetimes ) or service to self as such, then they come in service to others, sensitivity already, that felt on the nail for me.

lookbeyond
22nd May 2017, 07:55
Thanks Aianawa, will look forward to tomorrow, :),lb

Dreamtimer
22nd May 2017, 13:45
I always wanted to be everyone's friend. My parents, and life, had to teach me that not everyone wants to be friends. Some don't want to help or be nice. They want to take advantage. "It's a dog eat dog world" was a phrase I'd hear.

I can't change my nature so I just have to be careful.

I really like the way you put that, Aianawa. Finish with the service to self so you can do the service to others right. I currently know someone who desperately needs to take care of themself before they lose the ability to help anyone else.

Elen
22nd May 2017, 15:03
I always wanted to be everyone's friend. My parents, and life, had to teach me that not everyone wants to be friends. Some don't want to help or be nice. They want to take advantage. "It's a dog eat dog world" was a phrase I'd hear.

I can't change my nature so I just have to be careful.

I really like the way you put that, Aianawa. Finish with the service to self so you can do the service to others right. I currently know someone who desperately needs to take care of themself before they lose the ability to help anyone else.

Are you talking about me again?...:belief:

Maggie
22nd May 2017, 17:21
I didn't listen to this immediately and it is WOWOWOWOWO pertinent.
The ego has to feel bad about something.
Right things on the wrong spiritual path=more insecure by the minute

Aragorn
22nd May 2017, 17:29
Are you talking about me again?...:belief:

I don't think she was, Sister, but I'll either way post this one here-below, just in case... :p

CAT FIGHT!

http://catnailscaps.com/wp-content/uploads/catfight.jpg

:ha:

Elen
22nd May 2017, 17:39
I don't think she was, Sister, but I'll either way post this one here-below, just in case... :p

CAT FIGHT!

Believe it or not...I was just joking around...but thanks Aragorn...Love you...:chrs:

http://catnailscaps.com/wp-content/uploads/catfight.jpg

:ha:
I was just joking...Dreamtimer

Dreamtimer
22nd May 2017, 21:09
I'm dreaming of catfights on down pillows...uh oh, we're both gacking.:ttr:

Melidae
25th May 2017, 01:34
What a wonderful vid, Aianawa. Thank you.

Much more enjoyable than the 'Doctrine of Karman in Jain Philosophy' (a real stinker to get through) and 'Thinking and Destiny' by Harold Percival. Kahn's approach was so warm and human and simple...it really touched my heart.

Aianawa
26th May 2017, 01:36
Indeed, is in my top five vids of 2017 and top ten for me understanding my actions in life ( going with it even though not understanding why ).

Amanda
28th May 2017, 01:42
Aianawa et al - Have elected to make a comment first and then I will view the video link in the opening post. When I was younger (am at the stage of life when I can say that with true meaning) I thought the word Karma in a literal sense was a valid concept. With view to a simplistic mode of thinking: You hurt someone on purpose with no remorse and no apology - that type of example - then the negative energy/action/whatever would come back at some point in time.

As I grew up and matured I started to really think deeply, critically about the word Karma and its meaning. I could not for the life of me get my head or heart around the concept of a Child suffering in any way - especially from birth. Did not make sense to me at all. The other end of the spectrum: An elderly person who lived the best life they could and they died a long drawn out painful death. Did not make any sense to me.

Then I reach the stage where I enter the awakened state and I learn to interpret the paradigm in which we currently live. The multi dimensional, chaotic, fiscal based, war mongering pain filled paradigm - that - to me is a complex jigsaw that I have to work at - in order to understand it properly.

I also actually read some articles that suggest the word Karma is a made up word. Just sharing what I have read along my journey - does not mean I am right and others are wrong. Have also read that the word 'Conspiracy' emanated from the Neuro Linguistic Programming department of the CIA or maybe it was that certain Institute that is based in London.

So - in essence - I no longer view the word Karma or the belief system that accompanies it - as a valid concept. I can however get my head around the concept of Humans who reach a certain level of Wisdom and who live a life of service in an attempt to help out as much as possible. Following on from that - where does that leave us as a Global Community in terms of psychopaths and narcissists? They are pathological liars and have no remorse. Their numbers are growing rapidly and when I first learned about the term Narcissistic Personality Disorder around 2006 - the estimates were about 1/2 out of every ten people were narcissistic. My understanding is that the estimates are now around 4/5 out of every ten people.

Just wanted to share my initial thoughts before I view the video. I will view the video today and we'll see how my cognition reacts. Thanks as always Aianawa for your thought provoking threads.

Much Respect - Amanda

Aianawa
29th May 2017, 00:07
With baited breath, well ? lol

Aianawa
31st May 2017, 00:59
Tap tap tap tap pppppatientally awaiting lol

Amanda
31st May 2017, 02:00
Okay - had some time to listen to the video link. Have been attending to important matters but - at this point in time - I have only managed to listen to the first ten minutes. I have some serious questions about his method of communication and 'exactly' what he states when speaking. Not everyone may like my comments but I will share my notes so far. Please know that I always respect other opinions and comments.

So... thus far...

The Speaker states very early on that: Narcissists are superior.

My thoughts: No they are not superior. No one is superior. No one person is superior to another - not ever.

To correctly understand the term narcissist and/or Narcissistic Personality Disorder this would be a more correct statement: Narcissists have a heightened sense of superiority. They think they are superior to others.

Have I made my comments easy to understand? Maybe it is due to my skills as an English Teacher, in view of the fact I listen to the spoken word critically along with the written word. I am also a survivor having been in a relationship (albeit unknowingly) with a person who is still an untreated Narcissist - for seven years. I am still suffering in some ways - when they work their ways they can create chaos and pain that beggars belief.

The Speaker states:Narcissists are damaged.

Yes they are and they rarely almost NEVER seek out help. There is an adage utilised by psychiatrists and psychologists and counsellors when it comes to Narcissistic Personality Disorder/ Narcissists and it goes like this; Narcissists are the bread and butter of psychiatrists/psychologists/counsellors not because the Narcissists seek out help but because of the trail of destruction they leave - they are remorseless and without empathy. Seldom do they seek out professional help - rare as hens teeth. The people they damage are the ones who seek out help. I know from first hand experience.

The Speaker mentions: Coming back.

We are already here. The Speaker is making an assumption about re-incarnation? What if the people in the audience don't believe in that concept? What if re-incarnation is a made up concept?

My initial personal general/literal thoughts were these: I wonder how much money this man made? How much did each person pay at the door for entry? I truly thought that his manner of speech within the first ten minutes was - how can I put this respectfully? - not quite right. I want to be very very very clear here - Narcissists DO NOT EVER become reformed. On an extremely rare occasion they may seek professional help. Psychiatric Nurses - several times, within personal conversations have informed me that they are referred to as: Emotional Vampires.

When I was learning about Narcissistic Personality Disorder the first thing that is taught in counselling is this: Break all contact. They will mirror back anything you say or do.

I cannot stress this enough - Narcissists are to be avoided. They cannot be 'reformed' unless they make the choice to admit they have a problem. So complex is the professional diagnosis that psychiatrists and psychologists will speak to partners (usually former) to family members and co-workers. Why is it so difficult to diagnose you may ask? Narcissists are pathological liars and even in a courtroom under oath - they can lie and they know they are lying. They are very difficult to catch out and have to be virtually cornered to be confronted with their own lies.

It is such an insidious issue that what the Speaker stated within the first ten minutes made me think - he is not fully informed.

Narcissistic Personality Disorder is grouped with psychopathy. Psychopaths share some traits but it is an entirely different disorder. The shared traits are; Pathological Lying, No Remorse, No Empathy. This point I want to bring home - after diving in to learn all about this area as a Survivor - this is what to watch for so you don't get 'sucked in' to their fake world.

They are beautiful orators. They can stand on a stage and suck up all the attention and speak for hours. They don't have to have any true intention behind their words - they can speak clearly for hours. It is the attention they seek - due to their heightened sense of superiority they draw their energy from anyone who pays them attention.

From experience - at the end of seven years - I felt like a washed out dishcloth. I told my partner I was not well and I was going to go to my doctor and focus on my health as I could not understand why I was so fatigued, putting on weight et cetera. This is what happened: That is the moment he (unbeknowst to me - until much later) commenced an affair with a married co-worker. That is what they do. They are incapable of love and empathy. In a healthy relationship a proper healthy partner would have supported me and wanted me to get well. In short I was withdrawing my narcissistic supply - that is a proper term. They are incapable of loving or giving love. They recognise people who are sincere and capable of proper love and trust and quite simply they 'latch on' to that person.

My final thought in the form of a question: Is the Speaker actually a narcissist himself?

I am going to continue with my open and honest communication here. During that ten minutes - I had a strong emotional response. It was not a positive response. I will state clearly my comments do not mean I am right and others are wrong. I know I am safe here at The One Truth and can comment freely and that is all I am doing.

Much Respect & Much Peace - Amanda

NB: One more thought. It has been stated that 'New Age/Spiritual' themed businesses are actually a created business - think CIA Conspiracy Creative Thinking/Divergent Thinking/Psychology Department or the Tavistock Institute who have the same aforementioned departments as the CIA/Alphabet Agencies. Narcissists would be the first to jump on to that 'bandwagon' as it were. They would suck up the attention and make money at the same time - it would be an ideal opportunity for any narcissist - a dream come true for them - attention and money. Honest and well meaning people who start businesses that offer proper alternative healing and learning opportunities would be the ones who - in all likelihood would not be on stage. They offer what they do out of sincerity and work with the Universe not the fiscal based paradigm in which we live.

Aianawa - Probably not what you were expecting but I am being honest. I will listen to the entire video soon - of that you can be sure.

Aianawa
31st May 2017, 10:45
Very exciting , I value your opinion Amanda, like the way you evaluate and if you get all that from the first ten, my gosh, waiting with baited breath still lol, cheers

Amanda
1st June 2017, 01:42
Aianawa et al - Thank You. I was not sure my comments would be understood - from my perspective. I am sharing my comments and opinions from my life experience which does include my academic knowledge accompanied with personal knowledge.

Am up to about the fourty minute mark. I am now thinking along the lines of, perhaps, just perhaps he has read some psychology. All the comments about abandonment and abuse - to me - it all seemed to be based on psychology. Among my academic qualifications I have some basic psychology so I recognised terms and meta-language et cetera immediately ....

Another perspective is this: The section of his presentation where he has the audience laughing a lot. He is mentioning Intergalactic Visitors (my preferred meta-language) and how they would do a u-turn and not want to come to this ghetto - that section.

That entire section I have heard before - he has possibly 'lifted' that entire section from someone else. I will explain myself. Firstly - As soon as he started with that section I recognised the terms and the comedic value and keep in mind - I am referring to the exact comments. Secondly - The term 'lifted' is a part of the meta-language of professional comedians in Australia. I performed comedy during my first career as a performer. Most difficult of all my attempted creative performance abilities. I digress .... Essentially the term 'lifted' means that it is stolen or taken from another person and their act/performance.

Back on topic. This is science, as taught to me by my friends when I was performing comedy (attempting is probably a more correct term) years ago. My friends were so committed to their craft that they attended University lectures on the psychology of laughter/comedy and really delved into their performance development. Most of them are now quite well known and have achieved a lot of success and fame. My journey was different but they taught me a great deal.

Here is what I want to share from what my comedy friends taught me - the one aspect that can help people who are reading through the comments within this thread. When the Speaker in the video link was making the audience laugh - he was utilising a psychological control mechanism. Yes people - he was actively and quite possibly in full control of the audience knowingly and quite possibly not for the intentions/knowledge for which the audience members had paid their money.

I will explain as succinctly as possible. Have you ever noticed that an orator/public speaker/whatever will come out on stage and start with: A funny thing happened to me on the way here tonight... here in (insert name of location) ... and they commence with a funny story/anecdote/joke/whatever? That is science at work. It is the art of manipulating Humans. It is a control mechanism - a psychological control mechanism.

Obviously my comedic friends were honing their skills for their performing careers but others - on stage/television presenters/whatever - utilise the control technique for other purposes. Simply this is what happens: The Human brain is receptive to the joke/funny story and the Human laughs. The Human brain relaxes and is in a state where information and evidence becomes highly receptive. In other words when a Human laughs it means their neural pathways open up and accept the information. Is that easy to understand?????

So I am still not comfortable with the Speaker within the video link and am unsure of his true intentions. I will support my concerns with regard to an aspect of Narcissistic Personality Disorder. They can read something once or be shown a skill - think workplace training et cetera. They may not necessarily have what is called in simple terms a 'photographic memory' but they can pick up information quickly. They can recite but not necessarily have any emotion or depth of critical thinking - when sharing information and/or evidence.

I will utilise a personal example to help people understand my above comments. When I was performing I recall some performances where I touched people on an emotional level and quite simply they were crying when I sang a particular song. When I first learn a song I am concentrating on remembering the lyrics and essentially getting it right. Once I have performed the song several times - I can then start to let go and fill the song with emotion et cetera. That is a normal healthy process however narcissists can do that straight away. They can cry on cue - no redness on their skin - no dripping nose - tears off and on like a tap. Me - I get upset and cry and I look disgusting.

Again I digress .... It appears to me that he may be one of those people who have jumped on the bandwagon as it were. Gaining not only attention but money as well - that is a narcissistic dream come true. This is why they are so difficult to recognise unless you know the 'red flags' - that is the term that is sometimes utilised among the meta-language of counsellors. They - the narcissist can orate beautifully and clearly - they can recite information from memory without notes - they can utilise psychological proven control techniques and here is the most difficult part to understand - they know what they are doing and if you confront them and ask them about the authenticity of what they are doing - they can lie without flinching. They can pass lie detectors with ease. They can stand there and look you in the eye and lie.

I will share something personal now as an example. When my ex-partner was having the affair - while I was trying to focus on my health. I started to suspect and as always I was the last one to know. The husband of the woman - with whom my ex was having the affair - called me at home via my silent/unlisted landline phone. He told me that his wife and my husband were having an affair - he thought I deserved to know.

To cut to the chase. When my ex came home I stood in front of him and I asked him if he was having an affair with (insert name here)? He denied it completely. I then mentioned the contents of the phone call. He had nowhere to go. There is a mantra of people with Narcissistic Personality Disorder - when confronted: Deny Deny Deny - Lie Lie Lie - Cry Cry Cry. That is what they do.

So - back on topic. I suspect that the Speaker is making a lot of money but not really with sincere intentions of helping people. I think he may be seizing an opportunity to 'latch on to' people who are seeking answers. My personal thoughts are these: When people start to enter the Awakened State, they need to talk about what they are experiencing? They need to know that there are other people with questions, just like them? They need to know they are not alone? Attending seminars and social functions where they want to learn more - well that is a minefield of epic proportions? The new age, spiritual themed topics have opened up a gazillion opportunities for deceivers to make money off sincere people?

Keep learning people - keep asking questions. I hope that my posts within this thread are of assistance. Even if only one person is helped - then I am okay with that and if people don't like what I post - they can see my profile/name and give me the 'big miss' and move on.

NB: The difference between a non narcissistic person and a narcissist is this: They will never acknowledge learning from another person. My comments above include who helped me learn - a narcissist will never do that - their elevated sense of superiority will not allow them to acknowledge their Teacher. A person who comes under the auspices of Narcissistic Personality Disorder, whether diagnosed or not - cannot synthesize information and evidence during any learning phase. The rest of us can accept information/evidence and then digest it - not unlike eating food and then digesting it - knowledge comes about in the same way only via the Human brain. What's that old adage: Food for thought? Brainfood? I sincerely hope that this post is helpful.

Maggie
1st June 2017, 03:07
Thanks for your posts Amanda.

The times I have listened to Matt Kahn, my take away is that there are sensitive souls who don't need the same kind of lessons that narcissistic characters need. That's it.

Exactly what we as sensitive souls need? A BIGGIE IMO is a deep connection with Source to strengthen us. That sense is hard for the sensitive soul to allow paradoxically. But we can work towards the connection by using OUR lessons. I think he indicates that being un fooled by narcissists is a self loving act?

Compassion is not wimpy but stead fast in self respect. It is so SELF respectable to forgive, to love and to honor. The antidote to narcissm is by being unmanipulatable and strong. It's a way to see narcissist without cringing from their behavior. "Just how Lordy is THAT Lord, The Lordiest Lord of all Lordy Lords maybe?"

We need to build ourselves up in authentic ways so we can feel what is ours and YES, feel others but not be taken in. It is hard to allow full FEELING and IMO we need help... from our own higher Self. What if you are just so numb and disconnected form yourself and can't feel connected? Is that how narcissists get warped (reversal of empathy?)

Maybe trauma did the damage. But we have to get the reconnection to blossom IMO. I THINK that is what Matt Kahn is trying to energetically convey.
We can play act about the feeling of Source...recall being in love, feel the pain of longing, feel the people we have loved loving us....
There is the need to self direct much tenderness and cherishing. We must honor our sensitivity because it wasn't honored. We have to remain open to bloom.

Good news to me: IMO we will each make our own reconnection (or surrender?) when the timing is perfect. IMO people like Matt Kahn are not pigeon hole-able for me... as I like him and dislike him and he is not guru but "Gee you are you" on target for me sometimes.

To me Matt Kahn has a very weird look to his expression. He seems puffed up, (Roll eyes here) kind of like that 'weird uncle" who sometimes makes me laugh and sometimes says something neat. But he has a supercilious air of self importance that makes him funny as an object of irony. I am not at all integrated. I sometimes feel simply god smacked by my own superciliousness. I do still feel I need improvement BUT use this impulse to redouble sending myself love. A narcissist still lurks in my shadow whom I see and who can be snarky!!. Also I "see" and love the sensitive soul I feel in me who wants to shine just because.

Maybe many of us have the dual empath (connected) /narcissist (disconnected) inner struggle? Love thyself first and avoid the rush (paraphrased form Ashleigh Brilliant, a wit).
http://www.ashleighbrilliant.com/book5big.gif

Amanda
1st June 2017, 03:26
Maggie - Understand your words perfectly. Good for you - you are inspecting your self and learning. The adage about self love - which is the essence of all Narcissists - is that people can become too involved with loving themselves. While I understand what you state that is my only issue with it - in its Literal form.

I was taught this adage: Love is what you give. The part of Love that you keep for yourself is Self Respect. I like to share it as it has helped me to stay away from becoming too self absorbed as I have seen the self love aspect get taken far too seriously by some people.

Maggie
1st June 2017, 04:29
Just feeling into what you are sharing, and yes, giving love is what we do or maybe trying to with hold it becoming a shell. The way I sense is is that love comes to us and when we start feeling it, the rest is oh so easy. It is so much more exciting to be in love where you have an easy time with trust. IMO it happens just naturally to let go of burdens of fauxness.

We can learn to let ourselves feel the love. It is that sentient energy that moves all in its vast embrace yet knows me.

YES, we need to OFFER our open door to love and let it out. Our love will flow to us through us, through giving love. Through flow of love, accessing the flows of love we are made real basking devotees of love. The mask and shadow just are not necessary.
What is seen in the all pervasive warmth and clarity of love/ light makes perfect sense.....

My love comes in to my heart from where I came, and it goes to where it will. Love asks to Pass and go through MY open doors.... In and out and In and out and all about.... the door is open.... the light floods and the love flows. It flows "somewhere" and there is a pause perhaps? For a bit love might seem gone away from me as I am not feeling the moment. Don't panic! "DON"T CLOSE THE DOOR to try to keep love in" is what I hear.

vxyqhyhSEXc

"Love Itself"

The light came through the window,
Straight from the sun above,
And so inside my little room
There plunged the rays of Love.

In streams of light I clearly saw
The dust you seldom see,
Out of which the Nameless makes
A Name for one like me.

I’ll try to say a little more:
Love went on and on
Until it reached an open door –
Then Love Itself
Love Itself was gone.

All busy in the sunlight
The flecks did float and dance,
And I was tumbled up with them
In formless circumstance.

Love went on and on
Then Love Itself
Love Itself was gone.

Then I came back from where I’d been.
My room, it looked the same –
But there was nothing left between
The Nameless and the Name.

All busy in the sunlight
The flecks did float and dance,
And I was tumbled up with them
In formless circumstance.

Love went on and on
Then Love itself,
Love Itself was gone.
Love Itself was gone.

Aianawa
1st June 2017, 11:03
Omg you girls go deep, thankyou

Amanda
2nd June 2017, 02:17
Aianawa et al - I can lighten up if you want. Still a bit busy but I will listen to the rest of the presentation. Maggie et al - The most incredible part of being a Teacher is seeing a Student making progress, getting a concept, breaking through and realising the meaning of what is being taught et cetera. I have to contain my excitement and limit myself to words of encouragement - when what I really want to do is 'throw a party' because I feel so good for them. I usually share my real excitement with the parents/carers and they understand why.

Much Respect - Amanda

Aianawa
3rd June 2017, 07:49
Totally understand that Amanda, totally.

Amanda
4th June 2017, 02:12
Aianawa - I tried so hard to listen to the rest of the presentation. I really did try to keep my word and listen to the presentation in its entirety but I could not. Picked up from about the fourty minute mark and he kept on about the narcissism aspect. Truly - not relying on my academic knowledge or even my personal life experience but relying on my instincts - I could not listen to him. Had a strong emotional response and not of the positive type.

Want to add that on the worldwideweb some people, for the sake of this communication we shall call them, 'internet personalities' have garnered huge followings. Sometime later members of the huge following ascertain rather unpleasant details about the 'internet personality' and their reputation comes undone. With regard to some of the 'internet personalities' I have had an instinctive emotional reaction to them and what they (purport) to represent. Don't assume that I have not made mistakes and trusted people via the internet that I should never have trusted - I am guilty of that and those lessons were meant for me.

I want to add that some of the 'internet personalities' discussed here and elsewhere - have never attracted me to their personal opinions/comments/videos/words. My instincts have always served me well. I don't normally share private information online but to bring home the point I am trying to make: I was born an orphan, got adopted and that world fell apart very quickly. I have literally raised myself and never had a home to run home to when my life unravelled. At certain times in my life I have had NO OTHER option but to work through the situation and utilise my INSTINCTS. Sometimes that was all I had and it serves me well. When I ignore my instincts I invariably end up learning a difficult lesson.

Just to lighten the tone of my post - what are those funny lines used by people when they watch a rubbish video via the internet or the beam ray technology? Well, that's (insert time frame) I will never get back. (Grinning - got to keep your sense of humour. It actually helps the Human Parasympathetic System to stay healthy.)

Thanks for the opportunity to participate in such a thought provoking thread.

Aianawa
4th June 2017, 06:28
Exceptional imo Amanda, proves for me that one will always find what they need, very thankfullll for you taking the time to view and give your feelings on vid.

Catsquotl
5th June 2017, 05:47
Getting there. Karma is a topic that I have thought about and worked with a lot. Now if only I could get through the video.
Could stomach only 9 minutes on the first try.. Will try again soon.

With Love
Eelco

Aianawa
5th June 2017, 05:53
Crickey, changing my perception upon others perceptions allowing me to process maybe unknown knots, will be viewing this vid again and try to be more discerning for myself and remain open, gee you also had a tough first ten minutes ?

Catsquotl
5th June 2017, 06:04
, gee you also had a tough first ten minutes ?

Yes, but that comes from personal preferences and assumptions or lack thereof in this case. So it shouldn't affect what you took away from it.

basicaly the dichotomy between narcisism and service to others is a bit too narrow in my view. Which had me closing the video for now. Need to open up a bit to that a bit first.

With love
Eelco

Aianawa
5th June 2017, 06:19
Oh, gotcha, all bout being open-discerning-knowing ones unknown timeline changers ( fears, knots, pain , baggage etc )

Catsquotl
5th June 2017, 15:05
Jumping the gun here. I'll start my night-shifts tomorrow evening and hope to have time to watch the video then.
First of I consider ego to be a non-existent entity. It's a (very rapidly) repeated constructed idea of self which doesn't exist anywhere but in the attachment to the idea itself.
Which is exactly why I have to create a space to incorporate a narcissist.

Karma in my view does span lifetimes, but those or not linked to an idea of self. So it will not be my karma, but just karma. Life spanning Karmic patterns in my view are unresolved intentions. All we do as humans is pick up these intentions and either resolve them (i.e. clear the Karma) or don't which means the intention needs another being to become resolved. The fact that we can connect to the personality that originally intended the karmic pattern/desire has to do with the way intentions are stored in the universe. I have come to believe that an intentional construct holds the space to incorporate all information that went along with the intention, thus holding information about the person that intended the bloody thing in the first place. The way we access that information is from within making it appear as if it's our idea of (non existent)self that intended it in another lifetime.

With Love
Eelco

Catsquotl
6th June 2017, 22:18
Just finishing this vid by Matt Khan and massively impressed, have explained or tried to explain this to people over the years but now after down loading this, an aha and omg moment enjoyed >
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HP7Emi0Gls&t=1125s

Deserves its own thread.
Would you mind Aianawa to say a little about your OMG moments in watching this video?

I have watched another few minutes, but am really struggling.
So far I have heard him talk about 2 ego structures, different spiritual paths(right ones and wrong ones). Make some assumptions about the stages of awakening and a new spiritual paradigm and tapping into the feeling of worthiness by having completed stage 1, and coming back to share that.

This raises all sorts of colored flags. So instead of addressing those i'd like to ask you to elaborate what made you go wow.

With Love
Eelco

Aianawa
7th June 2017, 08:58
Jumping the gun here. I'll start my night-shifts tomorrow evening and hope to have time to watch the video then.
First of I consider ego to be a non-existent entity. It's a (very rapidly) repeated constructed idea of self which doesn't exist anywhere but in the attachment to the idea itself.
Which is exactly why I have to create a space to incorporate a narcissist.

Karma in my view does span lifetimes, but those or not linked to an idea of self. So it will not be my karma, but just karma. Life spanning Karmic patterns in my view are unresolved intentions. All we do as humans is pick up these intentions and either resolve them (i.e. clear the Karma) or don't which means the intention needs another being to become resolved. The fact that we can connect to the personality that originally intended the karmic pattern/desire has to do with the way intentions are stored in the universe. I have come to believe that an intentional construct holds the space to incorporate all information that went along with the intention, thus holding information about the person that intended the bloody thing in the first place. The way we access that information is from within making it appear as if it's our idea of (non existent)self that intended it in another lifetime.

With Love
Eelco

Still trying to comprehend your karma theory, wish it was simple lol, maybe that is why, for me, I was wowed, hearing vids theory, the messenger is simply just that, a messenger, imo. My experience and observation has shown that people that are not fufulled, strive to be so, people that are fufulled, assist the unfufulled. Matt put this into words and was first time I heard it and the karmic nature involved.

Am happy to give notes of my understanding of vid, point by point by watching it again to do so.

Catsquotl
7th June 2017, 12:29
Looking forward to it.
I realize that my explanation of Karma is a bit terse. As we discuss I'll try to elaborate. One thing to remember in my view are the 3 characteristics of phenomena. Every phenomenon is in itself.
Impermanent or subject to change Change (anicca)
A cause for Stress or Unsatisfactoriness (dukkha)
It is Not-self or Insubstantial (anattaa).

As for the striving for fulfillment/assisting as a spiritual path. In my view off the top this is a choice. A dynamic that is prevalent, because nobody is totally fulfilled. Some desires are met, others aren't we help where we can and be become selfish(in a healthy way) where our desires are yet to be met.

In my view karmic return isn't so much to do about punishment or reward. And it is definitely without obligation.

Karma in it's simplest translation means action (ref.http://www.accesstoinsight.org/lib/authors/thanissaro/karma.html, but as Thanissaro bhikku states Karma holds many more subtleties that would get lost in the translation.

In my simplified view it is nothing more that the play of cause and effect. If I stub my toe, there is the experience of an unpleasant feeling.
It is more likely in my view that I stubbed my toe because of the present karmic action of mindlessly wandering past the table then it is a karmic return of stepping on someones toe 3 lifetimes ago.

The service to self (narcissism is just an extreme perversion of this) or service to others may have to do with fulfillment on the spiritual path and are as such fueled by past and present actions. So it could tie into karma.

With Love
Eelco

Edit: I just realize that my explanation in my previous post says more about reincarnation than it does about karma.

Aianawa
7th June 2017, 17:46
You wish me to explain it by your view/s ?.

Catsquotl
7th June 2017, 21:21
You wish me to explain it by your view/s ?.
Never..
If I gave that impression I'm sorry.
I would very much like to hear you views on the matter. I'm just offering my own as we go..

With Love
Eelco

Aianawa
8th June 2017, 06:20
My experience is that some of Kahns material has been helpfullll, especially the vid/message > a way out of pain. My views on this vid I will start when time allows.

Amanda
11th June 2017, 00:02
Aianawa - Your journey is yours. Personally I would love to read about your views and opinions - with regard to the video that features in the opening thread.

Much Respect - Amanda

Aianawa
11th June 2017, 06:45
Hi Amanda, do you have some direct questions for me regarding vid content ?.

Amanda
11th June 2017, 23:41
Aianawa - You chose OMG (Oh My God) and included it in the title of the thread. Perhaps you could explain why the video presentation had such a strong impact on you? It appears that what you heard and watched struck a chord with you? Can you please elaborate on why you wanted to share the video presentation? Thanks.

Much Respect - Amanda

Aianawa
12th June 2017, 12:11
This blew my mind because it confirmed for myself the why and Ys of karma, still levels above this like purpose for eggysample.

If one has already done the fufulling of oneself ( lifetimes ) or service to self as such, then they come in service to others, sensitivity already, that felt on the nail for me.

before I add to post no 3 above, another member posted Amanda that it touched their heart, as it did me and brain because it gave me understanding in words ( had the feeling mostly, not all, already ).

Elen
12th June 2017, 12:53
before I add to post no 3 above, another member posted Amanda that it touched their heart, as it did me and brain because it gave me understanding in words ( had the feeling mostly, not all, already ).

I've told you before Aianawa and I'll do it again...you have the ability to walk in and out of ANY door/place/situation without a mark... either on the door/place or situation...you are quite unique. :D

Melidae
12th June 2017, 13:54
I'm the one who posted that the video touched my heart, Aianawa.

Karma is such a large subject. It can be synthesized down to a single catch-phrase. It can be studied for a lifetime. I think I mentioned that the best book I ever read on the subject is "Thinking and Destiny" by Harold Percival. It is comprehensive, filled with nuances and each time I read it I come to a deeper understanding of the principal of karma. Everything else I have read or videos I have seen only add to it.

What Matt Kahn has done in this video is take a small subsection of the subject and expand upon it. The timing was perfect for me. I am a 'caretaker'. Everyone and everything comes first, and then I can take care of myself. Only right now I'm paying for being such. I'm normally a very healthy person, but this time there are others that still need and a job I need to finish...and my health is suffering for it. I strive for balance in all things, yet I'm struggling to find balance in this.

It may sound silly, but I needed 'permission' to take care of myself first sometimes. Matt Kahn did just that and my heart soared.

Dreamtimer
12th June 2017, 13:58
Melidae, I think I may need to share this with someone I know who is doing the very same thing and whom I'm quite worried about. Maybe to Matt's words they will listen.:yoda:

Aianawa
12th June 2017, 20:57
We have all been hurt, some thrashed energy wise badly, few to none having unconditional love as their age and growing experience, my experience of self abuse through this in differing forms leads me to desire to know why, my fault is a harsh mantra and understanding karma best able ( Kahn helped ) lesssins the hurters pain also imo.

Amanda
13th June 2017, 04:44
Interesting and humbling to read of what others here on theonetruth think and feel. Melidae I too know of giving of self and sometimes needing to step back and take care of myself. Once a person finds and connects to their purpose - giving absolutely all of oneself is natural. My purpose is Teaching - from that came Child Abuse Whistleblowing and from that my life has been shaped.

Aianawa - Your posts are always insightful and I love reading what you have to share. Your creative/divergent thinking always creates a sense of joy. We may never agree on anything but I can always respect someone who writes - online - from their heart and working cognition. Thanks for sharing a very thought provoking thread.

Much Respect - Amanda

Aianawa
13th June 2017, 11:36
I saw the time stamp of your post 4.44 and felt your words, we hold differing mirrors, same glass, respect with a dollop of love if you wish to receive, offered.

Amanda
13th June 2017, 23:46
Gosh - The time stamp is very interesting. When we add 14:44 = 13 = 4. Love is always welcomed here - with open arms and heart Aianawa - and - given in return. Your analogy is beautiful and apt. We all have a mirror and it reflects our personal reflection and as for the glass - cheers my friend or as Australians often say: Here's to You mate.

NB: My understanding is that the number four = new beginning.

Aianawa
14th June 2017, 08:10
Yes, for me it is also arkeytypally Seed, similar same.

Amanda
15th June 2017, 00:02
Aianawa et al - I have always thought that, we all bleed the same blood and cry the same tears. That makes us all connected in the same way but still with our own unique and individual personality. So what you state above is very true. Rings true for me and perhaps for others.

Aianawa
6th July 2017, 18:06
Thanks all who dabbled here with this vid, especially you Amanda, thanky you as i learnt a wee bit about me i was unaware of.