PDA

View Full Version : Lost Q Source Remains An Unsolved Biblical Mystery

skywizard
7th May 2017, 22:01
Many people have never heard of the mysterious Biblical Q source. That’s not very strange because so far no-one has been able to prove the ancient text’s existence.

If the Biblical Q source ever existed, then it is now long lost. If someone can prove the Biblical Q source existed, then this evidence could eventually lead to a fundamental redefinition of Christianity.

http://i1378.photobucket.com/albums/ah82/skywizard11/biblicalqsource_zpsvxwux1gt.jpg

WHAT IS THE Q SOURCE?
Biblical scholars do not agree whether the Q source ever existed in the first place. The ancient text is a hypothetical written collection of Jesus’ sayings. While examining New Testament gospels, some modern scholars noted that there are similarities between those of Matthew and Luke.

It has been suggested that the Gospel of Mark was written first, and that both Matthew and Luke were based upon Mark and another source called “Q” which no longer exists.

“Q” is a name coined by German theologian Johannes Weiss as an abbreviation for Quelle, meaning ‘source’ in German.

The Q source is unidentified source presumed to contain sayings and teachings of Jesus.

There are four main gospels in the New Testament. These are Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John, but there were many others that we know existed.

It has long been debated who wrote what first. According to the testimony of Eusebius, an early church writer, the Gospel of Mark was written first.

http://i1378.photobucket.com/albums/ah82/skywizard11/fourgospelwriters_zpsz687yksl.jpg

There are four gospel writers in the New testament, but it is uncertain who wrote
what and when.

The gospels of Matthew, Mark and Luke are sometimes referred to as the synoptic gospels, which means they show broad agreement in the described events and they sometimes even use same words.

This has puzzled some New Testament scholars and led to the hypothesis that a Q source might have existed and this text could explain the odd similarities. The quest for a solution as to how these similarities and dissimilarities occurred is known as the “synoptic problem.”

Eusebius stated that Matthew wrote down his Gospel as he was about to leave the land of Palestine. His account was largely drawn from his own experience as a disciple of Christ. Clement of Alexandria says that Mark based his Gospel on the reminiscence of Peter, while Luke testifies that his work was drawn from a number of sources.

So, basically, we don’t know who wrote what and when.

THE CASE FOR AND AGAINST THE Q SOURCE
Scholars who argue the mysterious Q source solves the synoptic problem mean both Matthew and Luke based their work on the gospel of Mark and a second unidentified source

It has been suggested that the Q source included many of the most important teachings of Jesus, including the Golden Rule.

http://i1378.photobucket.com/albums/ah82/skywizard11/biblicalqsource2_zpsyvqi98ch.jpg

The mysterious Q Source has puzzled biblical scholars for many years.

Those who reject the Q theory state is it very strange the Church did not preserve an important work like that. There are no references to this “lost” source and there is not a single copy of the work.

Supporters of the Q theory argue that once the text of Q had been incorporated into the gospels, there was no reason to preserve it.

According to Josh McDowell Ministry there are many reasons why we should question the Q source. “First, no such Document Q has ever been found. Second, there is no agreement of exactly what sayings should be in “Q.” Third, there is no historical testimony for the existence of a Q-type document by any historian or writer. And fourth, as pointed out, the weight of historical evidence does not point to Mark as being the first Gospel written, which is imperative for this theory.”

After such a long time, it is unrealistic to think we can ever find a copy of the text, but some sort of evidence of its existence would certainly force Biblical scholars to re-evaluate parts of the New Testament and shed new light on Christianity. However, the truth is that we simply do not possess addecuate information about the Q source and it still remains an unsolved Biblical mystery.

Source: http://www.ancientpages.com/2017/05/07/lost-q-source-remains-an-unsolved-biblical-mystery/

http://www.picgifs.com/graphics/p/peace/graphics-peace-740037.gifpeace...

modwiz
7th May 2017, 22:09
There is too much negative social engineering in the Levant derived holy works. Groups like the Cathars had made adjustments that brought them closer to Cosmic narrative but, they were wiped out. There is a more ancient narrative that takes humanity into a realm that honors the Nature they derive from and thrive in.

Amanda
7th May 2017, 23:08
Have seen a couple of articles about the mysterious 'Q' factor/testament/sacred text. I have at times pondered the true origin of any Sacred Text. The Vatican has much in its vaults and libraries and I am sure that much of the actual Bible and other Sacred Texts would be in their possession.

The 'Q' factor/testament/sacred text could actually refer to an original source of information/evidence. It could refer to a person. It could refer to an entity. It could be a reference to just about anyone or anything. We have to keep putting the multi layered and multi dimensional jigsaw together - piece by piece.

Much Respect - Amanda

ZShawn
9th May 2017, 02:11
people seem to be addicted and enamored with this idea of an external superman which gives rise to all these speculations, little realizing they prop up the monarchist bloodline delusion
certainly there is wisdom to be gleaned from the scriptures ......however it has been architected to propagate this narrative useful to the social engineers, not the people

Dreamtimer
9th May 2017, 11:31
The Bible seems to contain much more than just the story of a 'savior'. The origins of the bible which appear to be older scriptures and religious stories that reveal a lot more than just a savior guy. The modern Bible is certainly used as an instrument of control. Isn't it interesting that just a couple centuries ago people could be killed for reading it?

I was never a Bible reader in the religious sense. I've come to learn in recent years how it's directly related to our laws and that many religious leaders, priests and rabbis, know all kinds of stuff about the Bible that they just don't talk about.

I've never been afraid of God or Jesus so I'm quite comfortable questioning it and peoples' beliefs.

Some people just can't seem to stay on the high road and do the right thing without church and religion. This makes me a little sad. People should do the right thing because it's the right thing, not because they're commanded or fearful of punishment.

And it turns out fear is the biggest factor bringing people to churches. Fear of the loss of the ONLY path to salvation.

Anyone ever heard of Carlton Pearson? He walked the walk and most of his thousands of 'loving' parishioners turned their backs on him. Like turning on a dime. But he persevered and now has a church where people don't fear going to hell. I just discovered there may be a movie made about him. I heard a fantastic interview few couple years ago. If I can find it I"ll post it.