PDA

View Full Version : Living our values

Maggie
5th May 2017, 04:18
I resigned my position as a deli associate in a large grocery. Leaving is fueled by anger. I wonder what will happen next? I imagine the mantra:
"A wonderful job
With wonderful pay
And wonderful people
In a wonderful way."

I have some very definite ideas about what I value in work and other aspects.
I know I am opinionated and LIKE my opinions.
My values are different in some major ways from the Ingles culture of the grocery.
I feel that this kind of culture is very disappointing and I look down from my nose pointed in the air.
I think I am RIGHT.

In no order of importance I am appalled by the grocery's corporate decison to throw away mass quantities of unopened past sale date food.
I hate the nothing given in communicatiion and lack of sharing of information like deliberate training and what to expect in change and as team?
Being a team is not encouraged.
I despise not being SEEN as a person.
I feel thwarted to contribute.
I want to feel satisfied in my daily life.

I think I am a bit high in expectation.
Light heated lack of concern is a goal but I am very tense all the time. I am not easy to relate to as are "good ole girls". I admire people who are socialized but really I don't want to be and feel tense. Being a bit unsocilaized is NOT IMO being autistic. I think my wiring is a little unique and ALL our wiring is unique. So being unsocilaized allows space to aim at life true to self.

I like the way I am except it feels really uncomfortable but that is helpful really.
Maybe my triple Aquarian birth "wheel" has me LOVE humanity but be a little impersonal.
I actually long to be more personal. I feel I just don't understand "just hanging out" relaxed and in rapport with people.
I LOVE systems. I love imagining sound and healthy systems. My ideas make sense to me.

I BELIEVE I have a good idea for a particular business system. It has to do with garbage. What I imagine easily is the results. I see 100% recycling of all garbage. I imagine a "company" of well appreciated invested workers sorting out where to put trash. I imagine the machine of Pyrolysis being used to turn plastic and yucky waste into oil and biochar.
I imagine chipping and shredding of wood limbs. I imagine finding where to use all parts of waste. I imagine NO landfill and no toxins.
It seems to me that I have a good idea for a company that takes workers, machinery and tools plus a place to sort and OF COURSE a garbage truck is on the list.

I see it as a heavenly technology and maybe it will take a heavenly co-creator? Maybe I need to get even more woowooo in action. Maybe I need to get more practical AT THE SAME TIME and I NEED TO PHYSICALLY RELAX.

I know I need to focus on how to BE part of a heavenly team.
ALSO< What I believe is that this will take money. I feel good thinking of an idea but not so excited by executing the plan.
There is definite home work requested.

It seems to me that each of us SHOULD be committed to living our values. That is what I mean when I talk about the Fishers who lure us and catch us up before we learn to be swimming in freedom. We can definitely be lured to adopt values that do not ARISE from the inside out

The reason I love the idea of Recycling is because I enjoy that as an ideal.
I feel it is deeply part of what I love.
I contradict myself.
I live in some clutter. My own life is not shining in my day to day. I have not been true to my vision.
I am looking at my anger about how to stand the irritation gf being where it goes against what I like.
I have been chronically ****ed.
Anger energizes destruction and IMO it CANNOT ever Build anything.
I SEE anger only good for me to make me leave a situation that makes me so hot and bothered.

Well, wherever we go, there we are.
I value building something so I guess I need a real let go of anger to move ahead.

I wonder if anyone else
1. wants to live in a way that just seems "right" with others to build something "satisfying to live in".
2. Is still not there in that "community" and wondering "HUMMM" ( IS it my responsibility to be the ideal member?)
3. Curious about how to "change one's mind" and create the valued reality tunnel?

Rambling on in my long posts, Maggie

Dreamtimer
5th May 2017, 06:42
I've always found it difficult to live my values and also rewarding. There were many times I didn't think I'd really be able to do it. It's hard when they're not in line with peoples' expectations or the system.

You have a vision. Keep your eyes on it and see if you can find others who share it. :thup:

Elen
5th May 2017, 08:41
Oh yes, stay true to yourself, Maggie. What you are giving is far more than you yourself can imagine. :thup:

Emil El Zapato
5th May 2017, 10:06
Hi Maggie,

I am so with you on those feelings. In fact, about 2 weeks ago I walked out on a job, just quit, brought my company equipment into the office and dropped off my entrance badge. Shortly after the company office manager called me and asked if I was coming in to work. I told her no, I quit. She was a bit shocked and asked why? I told her I didn't fit into the company culture.

I read an article a little later written by a motivational speaker, people expert type whose philosophy states: Leap and the net will appear. Interesting, huh!

The wasting of food I consider a crime against humanity...really!

Incidentally, the net appeared. Within a single day of leaving my job, I started a process that has lead to a job offer at a higher position and salary. I'd be remiss if I didn't admit there were more than a few prayers in the interim.

Just stay positive and have faith in a higher power...it has always worked for me.

NAP

I just wanted to add that you are not alone, plenty of research indicates that many people feel alienated from their work environment and the result for the companies affected is considerable and negative.

Dreamtimer
5th May 2017, 12:59
I had a sweet job out of college working in DC in a big law firm. I had an office with a window looking into the atrium of the building, bubinga wood, American Express card. I quit that job because I simply couldn't put myself into it. The perks weren't enough to bring interest or happiness.

Needless to say when I quit without having another job my parents flipped out. After that there were many years of never having enough money including while we raised our son. But I never moved back home.

Only recently have I reached a place in life where I don't have to stress over money. And I've managed to be true to myself all these years and it really paid off raising my son.

Right choices are by no means easy ones.

TargeT
5th May 2017, 13:36
Deep understanding here..

I like the way I am except it feels really uncomfortable but that is helpful really.

Right choices are by no means easy ones.

"Comfort" is slowing killing most Americans and making them depressed.

Take joy in your struggles, they bring focus to life and needed motivation; there is nothing in this reality that will be put in front of you that you cannot deal with.

And always remember...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgzQuE1pR1w

Maggie
5th May 2017, 14:06
You have a vision. Keep your eyes on it and see if you can find others who share it. :thup:

I read a later post from you about giving up "the office with a window".
The knowing that life is not supposed to be without "stress" is helpful. But what kind of stress? Located as a cog in a wheel where we don't fit won't change the wheel and IMO will wear us to a nub.

So IMO there must be a lawful path that challenges us but lets us keep our integrity (the whole of us).
I like the idea that when we cleave only to what we hold dear, the net will rise up and catch us. NotaPretender's example is encouraging.

Incidentally, the net appeared. Within a single day of leaving my job, I started a process that has lead to a job offer at a higher position and salary. I'd be remiss if I didn't admit there were more than a few prayers in the interim.

Just stay positive and have faith in a higher power...it has always worked for me.

I am a faithful seeker of the Presence. Morethan ever I FEEL that the Presence is personal and deserves faith.

http://www.picsymag.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/10-rules-for-staying-positive.jpeg

Maggie
5th May 2017, 14:17
Oh yes, stay true to yourself, Maggie. What you are giving is far more than you yourself can imagine. :thup:

Thank you very very much. I read this when I was about 10 and already felt a nostalgic sense of loss. I guess that I am giving myself a life where I insist I know what IS true (for me) and what is a dream worth holding?

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/fd/8d/95/fd8d9525ad913be02b7d0dd41fbc4983.jpg

Dreamtimer
5th May 2017, 14:21
Stress happens in life to greater or lesser degrees.

I have a cousin who always maintains an even keel, never gets angry or stressed or depressed. She just deals with life and spends time in ways that she values.

I had a parent and have a sister who seek out stress and worry. If there isn't something immediate, they will make something up. It's like an addiction or weird life value where if the stress and worry aren't there something must be wrong.

I like that first one, "Wait to worry". That should be a mantra for some.:meditating:

One brother is the kind who thinks nice is like stupid and therefore it's OK to try to take advantage. He creates stress and has a little schadenfreude where he pokes at people and enjoys making them uncomfortable. I'm pretty sure there's a misery-loves-company dynamic going on there.

My husband has stress beyond belief with work and has a tool belt of methods for dealing with stress.

It's really good to know what soothes.

Thank you for the Dreams quote.:love:

Maggie
5th May 2017, 14:54
Thanks for all your examples of people Dreamtimer.

It does take all kinds of people to make up the world. I feel glad I know I am frustrated by seeing others make choices which I thin k are "bad". I am releasing my meddlingness now.

At work before I quit I heard myself say to a coworker "You are just going to take this?" I observe her cooperative assistance when she does not "complain" to all of us being "used". The system that I THINK will suck everything we give and up the ante because we keep giving,(until exhausted and leaving) is one SHE agrees to like. I was aware that I have hit a danger zone of (codependency?) because SHE said "I don't have a problem" and then didn't speak to me. That her rush to comply leaves her work looking half assembled lets OTHERS have their passive aggressive time complaining about "what she didn't do well".

But I want to complain to management and that is just not appreciated and OK, I GET IT. I was avoiding taking a next step to be sovereign (not all messed up in appearances and dramas and "fixing" what many do NOT think is broken In my tiny world)...and I now feel the shove from my own necessity. What will that mean?

It is so important for me that there MUST BE individual experiential opportunities or timelines. IF it takes all kinds of people to make a World, All Kinds of "worlds" must be available to People? And what would fuel this alt worlds scattering ? LOVE

https://previews.123rf.com/images/bbbar/bbbar1112/bbbar111200287/11714636-LOVE-acronym-Living-our-values-everyday-on-a-blackboard-Stock-Photo.jpg

Emil El Zapato
5th May 2017, 15:54
Love, hate, and indifference perhaps...

Dreamtimer
5th May 2017, 18:03
I'm not sure about the 'Comfort' thing. I know a lot of people who can never have or get enough. There is no comfort. Nothing is ever good enough. I've seen people literally implode or **** away the farm because they can't ever get any satisfaction.

On the other hand, I know people who get up every day to go to work because they love what they do. They're not just comfortable, they thrive. They love it and they succeed.

Personally, I need to like and be interested and fascinated by what I'm doing to do my best work.

Fear, bullying, pressure, worry, stress, these are actually the worst motivators people could choose. I'll put 150% in if I think it's something good, productive, helpful, fulfilling, etc.

Comfort is what we need when it's time to rest and recover and sleep at night, so we can continue to work later on.

TargeT
5th May 2017, 18:37
Fear, bullying, pressure, worry, stress, these are actually the worst motivators people could choose. I'll put 150% in if I think it's something good, productive, helpful, fulfilling, etc.

Comfort is what we need when it's time to rest and recover and sleep at night, so we can continue to work later on.

I was mostly talking of physical comfort, but mental comfort as well can be taken in excessively. I also said a very broad term, there are of course exceptions, but it was mostly talking about the average american (the land where we die mostly of obesity and sedentary life styles).

I would say "fear, bullying, pressure, worry, stress" are the least desired motivators, the worst motivator is none at all (no motivation, can't do anything, don't care, depression etc..).

Even (and often, especially) when we encounter something we don't prefer I see that as a very potent learning opportunity and self discovery journey (why is it I object to this etc..). I often find aspects about myself that I see reflected in others or in situations. But that's just because it works for me; we all have to find our own way.

Everything I've written here is built on a very specific philosophy (IE: we are all one, source, we are subjectively experiencing our selves objectively in this thing we call "reality"), and I guess is kind of pointless to the reader unless they share a similar mind set.

This philosophy can bring up some very uncomfortable ideas... like: Every experience is valid, even the ones we don't prefer. But it also gives the tools to view this experience for what it is... an experience, a "ride"; and you can find joy in everything that's here, because it's AWESOME!

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/2536550/original.jpg

Maggie
5th May 2017, 18:47
Deep understanding here..

"Comfort" is slowing killing most Americans and making them depressed.

Take joy in your struggles, they bring focus to life and needed motivation; there is nothing in this reality that will be put in front of you that you cannot deal with.

And always remember...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgzQuE1pR1w

I have been thinking about your comments and one of my favorite comedy. I have my thoughts about comfort. I think we are meant for sheer bliss just oozing in comfort.

I think being comfortable is signature that we are in the Creator zone. The artificial construct of "comforts" are IMO technologic and aim to meet "necessities" for those who cannot FEEL themselves and the energy of space.

Genuine comfort is what is felt just by existing in "our true zone". Human being Being human and the multiplicities of zone.

Can you feel the volume of space around your head in space? Can you feel the energy of space, in space, that surrounds your head in space? can you feel the energy of space that rests on your shoulders in space? Can you feel the energy of space behind your back in space? Can you feel the space between your cells in space? Can you FEEL the energy of space in your space, in space.

That is IMO the key to comfort that transcends all dependence of gadgetry.

Emil El Zapato
5th May 2017, 19:13
Hi Maggie,

I'm not sure about energy and space but I know atmospheric pressure is equivalent to having 7 cows sitting on you...I can feel THAT, just by thinking about it. :)

NAP

Maggie
5th May 2017, 19:18
Even (and often, especially) when we encounter something we don't prefer I see that as a very potent learning opportunity and self discovery journey (why is it I object to this etc..). I often find aspects about myself that I see reflected in others or in situations. But that's just because it works for me; we all have to find our own way.

Everything I've written here is built on a very specific philosophy (IE: we are all one, source, we are subjectively experiencing our selves objectively in this thing we call "reality"), and I guess is kind of pointless to the reader unless they share a similar mind set.

This philosophy can bring up some very uncomfortable ideas... like: Every experience is valid, even the ones we don't prefer. But it also gives the tools to view this experience for what it is... an experience, a "ride"; and you can find joy in everything that's here, because it's AWESOME!

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/2536550/original.jpg

That is yummy kind of philosophy to me. Thank You for that and the ride in the sunset

Hi Maggie,

I'm not sure about energy and space but I know atmospheric pressure is equivalent to having 7 cows sitting on you...I can feel THAT, just by thinking about it. :)

NAP

There IS a lot of pressure there.

lUotufVwvlQ

LsItU6getrY

TargeT
5th May 2017, 19:32
lUotufVwvlQ

Uhoh... someone found the secrets ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=au4hbUm4mMo

Just wait,, in a few years more people will be experimenting with spinning fields of plasma & mercury... that secret space program won't be secret for long.

Emil El Zapato
6th May 2017, 02:08
Interesting...seems legitimate...almost like the butterfly effect. Very localized electromagnetic rotation transferring into larger and larger radii of spin until a storm develops given all the other conditions being correct. So...I guess he's suggesting using magnetic fields to generate an anti-rotational affect to STOP hurricanes, among other things. (Just my extrapolation because it's getting late and I don't want to miss Game of Thrones). I'll check it out later.

TargeT
6th May 2017, 07:35
Interesting...seems legitimate...almost like the butterfly effect. Very localized electromagnetic rotation transferring into larger and larger radii of spin until a storm develops given all the other conditions being correct

much MUCH more than that... I guess (again) I was not very articulate in my response..

I'll simply say this (since this "phenomenon" requires a bit of study) "Angular momentum" it's a very common idea in physics .... but not a common idea among the majority of the population............... yet it's so simple and logical.... I can expand on this if needed but it's best if researched by the individual (as most things are: this is where comprehension comes from).

I guess he's suggesting using magnetic fields to generate an anti-rotational affect to STOP hurricanes,

it's so much more than that, remember the part where he was talking about air humidity and charged particles and their reaction to the field (yes this was a smaller part of the talk, but THE MOST IMPORTANT IMO!!)

THIS is what will change society... we haven't explored vibration (sound) radiation (higher level vibration) and several other very impact-full items of influence that occur naturally all the time around us...

Emil El Zapato
6th May 2017, 09:58
Hi TargetT,

yeah, I understood that it was more, I just didn't have time to see where the video was headed. There is a noted scientist (his name escapes me) that has written books on superluminal physics involving electromagnetic properties similar to what Tesla made famous. For a time there was even a scientific debate regarding results obtained at CERN suggesting superluminal particles speeds. And, of course, in the same vein is research done by many scientists, notably, Dr. Thomas Valone, in the area of the 'Casimir effect' and how it demonstrates the potential for 'free energy'

I know many claim that these 'miracles' of science are real and hidden from the public which is possible but the calmer heads of science only claim possibilities with the usual acknowledgment that the hard technologies required to support the big results are only now emergent.

thanks

NAP

p.s. The term used for that is technological 'Singularity' and represents the transition from what we know as reality to the world of scientific magic.

Maggie
6th May 2017, 15:53
One of my dearest values is that what can be used for harm has equal possibility for good and that WE are the wild card. We sorta need to know the mechanisms at work so we can beat plowshares out of guns and learn to direct the energy available "all around us" for freedom.

TargeT:

it's so much more than that, remember the part where he was talking about air humidity and charged particles and their reaction to the field (yes this was a smaller part of the talk, but THE MOST IMPORTANT IMO!!)

THIS is what will change society... we haven't explored vibration (sound) radiation (higher level vibration) and several other very impact-full items of influence that occur naturally all the time around us...

Hi TargetT,

yeah, I understood that it was more, I just didn't have time to see where the video was headed. There is a noted scientist (his name escapes me) that has written books on superluminal physics involving electromagnetic properties similar to what Tesla made famous. For a time there was even a scientific debate regarding results obtained at CERN suggesting superluminal particles speeds. And, of course, in the same vein is research done by many scientists, notably, Dr. Thomas Valone, in the area of the 'Casimir effect' and how it demonstrates the potential for 'free energy'

I know many claim that these 'miracles' of science are real and hidden from the public which is possible but the calmer heads of science only claim possibilities with the usual acknowledgment that the hard technologies required to support the big results are only now emergent.

thanks

NAP

p.s. The term used for that is technological 'Singularity' and represents the transition from what we know as reality to the world of scientific magic.

9/11 and the destruction of the world trade center:

Nukes produce heat and light and a big noise too. There was no boom, no heat, no blinding flash, no mushroom cloud. Also no seismic record, other than the one showing the earth springing back as the buildings LEFT. No seismic records of any crashing buildings at all let alone any nuclear explosions. The buildings were fuming away for several hours, and then they just unraveled. ......... In fact, we saw on television that people were talking with their backs to the Towers, and then Tower 2 began its 8-second fizzaway. The television footage shows people talking with their backs to the building, having no idea that anything was happening behind them until they saw people facing them having looks of horror on their faces and beginning to scream in horror.
It was as though the buildings were enveloped in some kind of a field, like an alka seltzer that is dropped into water would start to fizz away.....
.......And there was a Category 3 hurricane parked outside NYC Harbor that day, which may have contributed a field to permit the events of 9/11. Maybe. Quite strange tho that a dangerous hurricane was not even reported on the news, and no warnings to evacuate were given. (http://hisheavenlyarmies.com/9-11-perpetrators-used-directed-energy-weapon/)

Is this an experimental demonstration of the empiracal evidence of a "new" theory already performed? There were odd after effects of something APPARENTLY (the literal appearance) anomalous.

https://i2.wp.com/i191.photobucket.com/albums/z13/AmandaReconwith/Teacher17-1.jpg

the insight offered by mainstream media into 9/11 every year at this time is close to nil. Their unwillingness to “cross the line” leaves the media little to talk about on each anniversary, so they offer us sentimental stories about the surviving family members of the victims of the 9/11 savagery.

WTC1 turns to dust on 9/11
https://morganreynolds.files.wordpress.com/2016/09/bubbler.jpg

Well, even cowardly coverage can be modestly useful if combined with some thought. Take this piece by NPR: “Sept. 11 Families Face ‘Strange, Empty Void’ Without Victims’ Remains.” Sally Regenhard whose son Christian was a firefighter who disappeared at the twin towers on 9/11 is quoted as saying: “You feel that it’s not real. Your mind can’t accept the fact that this person died because there’s no evidence of it.” According to the NPR account, death certificates for 1,113 victims have been issued without any remains received by their loved ones.

OK, why not check out other remains discovered after 9/11? How many toilets would you guess were recovered from the twin towers? It should have been a couple thousand from 220 floors of nearly an acre each. And the correct answer is … none! Zero. Nada. How many computers were recovered from these massive office buildings? Once again, none. Zero. Nada. How many file cabinets? Answer: one steel case file cabinet. Where did all the desks, chairs, carpet, phones and other building contents go? “A strange, empty void” is right. Human remains were just a part of all that was missing.

Why was so little recovered? Answer: because most of the twin towers and their contents were “turned into a volcano of dust” (p. 3 WDTTG). And it was fine dust, an incredible turn of events, as fine as DNA. The buildings did not “fall” or “collapse,” they dissolved into dust, including most of the twin tower steel. Hence, the rubble pile was hardly higher than the lobby level. The amount of steel barely covered the ground. In truth, there was no “pile” as Dr. Judy Wood points out (p. 176 WDTTG). Ask yourself, where were the 110 stories that should have been stacked up from each tower if they had just “collapsed.” Did not happen. Not in evidence. The towers basically dissolved into enormous dust clouds.

Why can’t people trust the evidence of their senses? Why can’t they think for themselves? Why trust authority figures and their lies that openly contradict facts right in front of our faces? https://nomoregames.net/2016/09/11/the-strange-empty-void-of-911-victim-remains/

Judy Wood saw something peculiar in the pictures and video spread out in the media and then asked "Where DID the towers go?"

pWG89zJrRH4

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z13/AmandaReconwith/Groupthink-1.jpg

I like this comment very well from the article cited about the "void from 9/11"

Those who want to cover up the evidence of what happen often falsely claim that Dr. Wood is talking about a specific weapon and a specific location of it (e.g. laser beam from outer space, or “spacebeams”). This disinformation campaign was initiated by Steven Jones on 11/11/2006 in a presentation he gave in California (available in the internet archives*), telling his audience that “Judy Woods (Wood) says it’s a laser or maser from space” while showing how difficult it is to hold his hand like a beam from space. Not only does Dr. Wood NOT SAY THAT, she actually RULES THAT OUT. The mechanism of destruction of a laser beam would be from heat and produce a bright and blinding light. But we know the buildings were not cooked to death. The term Directed Energy is used because energy is directed to do something different then it normally does and it is directed to do this within a certain geographic zone. [As a mental example, think of directing the binding energy of matter to repel instead of attract. A solid object would turn to atomic-sized dust. Direct this to happen within the WTC complex and not across the street.

At the end of Chapter 20 in Dr. Wood’s book, she explains why playing “name the weapon” game is counterproductive. Name dropping trendy terms is not synonymous with understanding. The easiest example is HAARP. The full capabilities are classified. But people often name-drop the trendy term to APPEAR to know something. A tongue-in-cheek definition of HAARP stands for High Amplitude Advancement of Real Propaganda. They are just substituting “HAARP” for “Bin Laden.”

In Dr. Wood’s book, the closest she comes to “naming a weapon” is merely describing what it creates: magnetic-electrogravitic-nuclear reactions (page 365). But as soon as someone starts talking about a name, people will stop looking at the evidence which is another form of a cover up.

Early on, Dr. Steven Jones created a website he called “The Journal of Nine Eleven Studies” or J.O.N.E.S. It is referred to as a “peer-reviewed journal” but the only peer-reviewing was to screen out true scientific work and post what he wanted his followers to believe. For the first two years, it was primarily used to promote disinformation about Dr. Wood’s work. For example, Jones recruited a patent attorney for the oil and gas industry (James Gourley**) to write hit pieces on Dr. Wood, refuting “ray beams from outer space.” This convinced his readers that “Judy Woods” must be talking about “ray beams from outer space” and that “such nonsense has been refuted.” Refuting false propaganda about Dr. Wood’s work does not refute Dr. Wood’s work — yet it creates the belief in the average person that Dr. Wood’s work has been refuted.

Steven Jones and Greg Jenkins also claimed that it would take more than five times the world’s energy to destroy the WTC towers. Does that mean their thermite came from off planet or “outer space”? LOL Steven Jones used to ridicule Dr. Wood during his talks saying that “Judy Woods needs to make calculations to see if it is even possible to turn the buildings to dust”. But any reputable scientist knows that calculations are not a part of observing empirical evidence. What are the calculations for, to prove the buildings are still there or if the buildings are gone? Why not just look? No assumptions needed with empirical evidence.

The bottom line is that no one has refuted anything in Dr. Wood’s book nor can they. They only refute their own false propaganda about her book, not her book. Other detractors claim that “she hasn’t identified the weapon that was used so she’s got nothing.” To the contrary. The evidence is PROOF that there exists a technology that can do what was done. It happened. That is, the fact that the buildings mostly turned to dust in mid-air shows that there exists a weapon that can turn buildings into dust in mid-air. It happened.

The sub-title of the book, “Evidence of Directed Free-Energy Technology on 9/11” indicates that the book contains evidence of what happened on 9/11 and it is indeed evidence that a technology exists that can do what was done. But this technology does not have to be used for evil purposes. It can be used to provide free-energy to the world much to the demise of the oil and gas industry. That is, Dr. Wood is noting that the same technology that was used for evil can also be used for good. It’s a silver lining in the dark cloud… while also trying to stimulate thought about “what are we doing here? learning new ways to kill or to live”? Emmanuel Goldstein

Emil El Zapato
6th May 2017, 17:31
9/11 is one of those pretty 'touchy' topics for some people.

Honestly, between you and I, it's a toss up. I don't think that even the most advanced theories regarding what happened stand up to full scientific scrutiny. That doesn't mean it's out of the question, it is just that it is still an open question for me.

Dr. Wood, in my estimation left out a quantity in her calculus. Dust, in the form of particulate matter.

I, for one, can postulate a theory as to why and how 'they' might have done it, but none of the proposed scientific explanations handle all possible cases of math based science. But, then that is the nature of and a significant foible of any 'modeling' analysis. The more variables added to a hypothesis the more valid the results. It's a ubiquitous trade off in research.

Just my thoughts, nary a judgment will you get from me.

:)

NAP

I just took another look at your post, Maggie. She does discuss the dust but not in terms of quantity. It does beg the question, though...How much heat and pressure and how much dust...I haven't considered that one... :)

Maggie
6th May 2017, 18:14
9/11 is one of those pretty 'touchy' topics for some people.

there are many touchy subjects that preclude discussion. Really I don't grasp why the investigation of 9/11 is so touchy? I still hear people I respect bemoan the act of hijackers and various arguments of how it was done and who was behind it. Why IS it so very touchy and people divorce association based on contrasting views??

One of the brilliant aspects of JW's argument is IMO that she is examining evidence. Does the evidence line up with known and unknown but suspected or unknown unknowns? why Can't we agree to look at forensics and discuss? I just do not understand.

TargeT
6th May 2017, 18:27
I like this one a bit better for spreading Judy Wood's research

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlkZLlzOfVQ#t=113.504935

This is kind of one of those things that everyone should see, the implications of her findings are very important to understand... especially for those of us that are more open to questioning things.

Maggie
6th May 2017, 18:36
I like this one a bit better for spreading Judy Wood's research

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlkZLlzOfVQ#t=113.504935

Thanks, had not seen it before...

Maggie
7th May 2017, 02:36
This is kind of one of those things that everyone should see, the implications of her findings are very important to understand... especially for those of us that are more open to questioning things.

From what i have observed of your thinking style, TargeT, you have great analogic abilities. Analogy, metaphor linking and synthesis is just so needed and I like also that you and your family are having such a swell life.

I really value this forum and Aragorn and Malc and what Modwiz does by conversing... it is waking of interest in people who have something to say to speak up.
I hope that people looking at the threads will join and the breadth will be extended to thier significant' interests.
I think this is a forum of old souls, an example of gathering people who love much and well.

Aragorn
7th May 2017, 15:19
I really value this forum and Aragorn and Malc and what Modwiz does by conversing...

We love you too, Maggie. :) :hugs:

I hope that people looking at the threads will join and the breadth will be extended to thier significant' interests.

That would certainly be nice. :) After all, if we're going to sustain our hopes of ever changing the world, then it has to start with us, the general public. We can't trust and/or rely on our so-called leaders to do the job, because they're still tapped into the Matrix and they are the ones who enable the evil-doers of this world.

Insofar as they themselves cannot already be counted among the evil-doers, that is, because — let's face it — they are where they are because it strokes their egos in one way or the other. They don't care about us, because they're in it for themselves, and to them, we are merely cattle. As an example — and I don't know how it is in the USA, but — here in Belgium concretely, politicians reap up exuberant wages, and half of that ludicrously high salary (that we the people pay for) is completely exempt from taxes.

:fpalm:

Any changes to the world will have to come from the grassroots. Humans are the custodians of the planet, and we are — indeed — our brothers' keepers, to go with a Biblical phrase. Sadly enough, being one's brother's keeper is interpreted by many as being one's brother's prison warden. :rolleyes:

I think this is a forum of old souls, an example of gathering people who love much and well.

Yes, The One Truth may not be as big as, say, Project Avalon, Project Camelot, Above Top Secret, David Icke's forum or whatever, but there is a very active and intelligent group of people here, even if they are only a minority compared to the number of people who have ever registered an account here.

Those who are active here are quite mature in their views. As I wrote elsewhere already a short while ago, most of the fear porn seekers and guru seekers have left the forum in the meantime, and those who've remained are very stable and knowledge-wise very well-balanced people. But we need more of them — and by that, I am not necessarily talking of the forum itself — to start having an impact on society. We need to attain critical mass.

Again, it's all in the grassroots. ;)

Emil El Zapato
7th May 2017, 16:01
Hi Maggie,

In an earlier post, I remarked that we can make a difference in 'our' world and further commented that even when I do bad I hope it has a good result for 'someone' or 'something' (somewhat tongue-in-cheek)

Yesterday, I got a call from a former co-worker. He was somewhat breathless and almost in a state of shock. Our manager who had been with the company since its beginning was summarily fired on Friday. He was the primary reason I left the company and I knew that by walking out I was leaving the company in the lurch and also I knew I was letting myself in for some trying times, so, in a sense, I was doing bad in the cosmic sense, not to mention in the practical sense. But, I also felt that perhaps I could make things better for those that I left behind if I led the manager even for a second to reconsider his 'style' as to how he dealt with the people that were under his purview and that was the cosmic good in my decision.

While it's unfortunate for the manager given all the surrounding circumstances, he will not be 'hurt' in any significant way, but I believe he might have learned a valuable lesson. As for my co-worker and all the other company employees this is a very positive development, I hope. Life can get very weird sometimes. :)

NAP

Dreamtimer
7th May 2017, 18:41
Thanks for the JW vid, TargeT. She's one who's research I've heard more about tangentially than looked at directly. This'll hopefully be very helpful.:thup:

modwiz
7th May 2017, 22:05
We love you too, Maggie. :) :hugs:

Those who are active here are quite mature in their views. As I wrote elsewhere already a short while ago, most of the fear porn seekers and guru seekers have left the forum in the meantime, and those who've remained are very stable and knowledge-wise very well-balanced people. But we need more of them — and by that, I am not necessarily talking of the forum itself — to start having an impact on society. We need to attain critical mass.

Again, it's all in the grassroots. ;)

The maturity is one of the very distinct qualities of TOT, IMO. Let us take a certain word that many forums might censor. That word is shit. There are times it is the perfect word for an expression. Despite this freedom, it is not abused. This comes about from the adult manners/behaviors required to live free.

modwiz
7th May 2017, 23:13
Values will definitely get discussed on my livestream getting ready to go live in a few minutes.

modwiz
7th May 2017, 23:49
I streamed for 20 minutes. 3 people were there briefly and left. No chat. I ended it. I will keep working at making it better. Once things are smooth, then I will assess whether I am providing any value.

Emil El Zapato
8th May 2017, 00:20
Hi Modwiz,

sorry, I'll try to watch some of your stuff. I've actually been kind of busy for a few days... :) I'm sure there is plenty of value.

NAP

TargeT
8th May 2017, 03:05
was movie night for my fam.. other wise I woulda been there.... yet the night is still young ;)

ZShawn
9th May 2017, 02:27
here we are, contracted beings....compressed into a mortal shell, yet we are infinitely expansive at our source, our essence, which creates many contradictions.
when we become aware of our true nature as immortal, divine essence this conflicts with the economic game we are all enmeshed in
since, a divine being will do things for the love of it, not for consideration....which is tough to pay the rent with
so, what then?
continue to play mercenary or whore and submit a bill for each and every labor and task for the exchange of coupons and continue as slaves working with slave scrip?
small wonder that as a species we are still so caught in the trap of the current economic narrative.
duality, expansion vs. contraction...... UCC (Uniform Commercial Code) the fundamental basis of the trade agreements of the globe which enforces contract law, fitting for contracted beings with a contracted awareness
however
very far (180 degrees) from the ideal of expansive consciousness where love is the consideration, unconditional.
as soon as one begins to think of gain for any actions performed for anyone, then one has entered into the jurisdiction of contracts which is completely monopolized and dominated by the money guild, which one is then operating as a subsidiary of with fees and taxes due for each and every transaction......
what to do with such a conundrum...
as always ....love is the answer

Amanda
11th May 2017, 23:29
Love is the only thing capable of turning an enemy into a Friend.

Maggie - You have provided us with a very inspiring thread. I crave and love love love intellectual discourse. Have made a note of all the video links - so you et al have provided me with more homework.

You Maggie took the bold and brave step of moving out of a controlled atmosphere/location/situation into one of your own making - Good for You. I too have made those moves several times in my life. The first steps can be tentative but strength comes in time, at least in my humble opinion.

My life is now shaped by doing what was right (in 2011). It was morally right and lawfully right and I was slammed from every direction. The destruction of my life told me that I was on the right path. When comfort is available and another less comfortable option is available - the choice a person makes will impact on all they do and say. I have seen many many many people live in abject comfort, never wanting for anything but being completely asleep and unaware that their lives are devoid of purpose.

I imagine that is why people on their deathbed consider their regrets - all the things that they did not do. All the things they did not say. When life provides difficult decisions it is the Universe providing an opportunity. How people respond is a reflection of where they are with regard to their own development/evolution/personal life journey.

Good for You Maggie. Keep moving in the direction you know you need to embrace and not the one that others tell you to embrace. Your life is yours to live and yours to experience. I am sure you already this but so many do not. Stay strong. What's the adage? The Road Less Travelled ....

Much Respect & Much Peace - Amanda

Maggie
12th May 2017, 21:30
Love is the only thing capable of turning an enemy into a Friend.

Maggie - You have provided us with a very inspiring thread. I crave and love love love intellectual discourse. Have made a note of all the video links - so you et al have provided me with more homework.

You Maggie took the bold and brave step of moving out of a controlled atmosphere/location/situation into one of your own making - Good for You. I too have made those moves several times in my life. The first steps can be tentative but strength comes in time, at least in my humble opinion.

My life is now shaped by doing what was right (in 2011). It was morally right and lawfully right and I was slammed from every direction. The destruction of my life told me that I was on the right path. When comfort is available and another less comfortable option is available - the choice a person makes will impact on all they do and say. I have seen many many many people live in abject comfort, never wanting for anything but being completely asleep and unaware that their lives are devoid of purpose.

I imagine that is why people on their deathbed consider their regrets - all the things that they did not do. All the things they did not say. When life provides difficult decisions it is the Universe providing an opportunity. How people respond is a reflection of where they are with regard to their own development/evolution/personal life journey.

Good for You Maggie. Keep moving in the direction you know you need to embrace and not the one that others tell you to embrace. Your life is yours to live and yours to experience. I am sure you already this but so many do not. Stay strong. What's the adage? The Road Less Travelled ....

Thanks very MUCH Amanda.

From what I see of your sharings, you felt a passion for your convictions, your ideals and IMO that is why to step out of your comfort Zone was the ONLY choice.

I THINK that we can support each other by witnessing with honor the way each of us is wrestling with "wear and tear" of our heart on earth. I cannot help but think that it is superficial to say "nothing matters so much as that you feel good".

It is more like it matters to "feel deep". It matters to FEEL with all your being. IMO FEELING will sometimes hurt in a good way so don't stuff the Feelings. It might have layers like rage and grief to unravel.

I think we have been numbed down to a nub by the illusions we embrace. People are trying really hard to keep a cohesive matrix of agreement. I see that to live a passionate LIFE could appear to be so individually weird that there MUST be a built variety of parallel EARTH space for each to have the road we choose to travel. That is what I think we can have from a 5D perspective. And we can get there through unraveling the feelings all to resolve into Love.

Unraveling takes feeling comfortable in one's own space. That takes being real to oneself. That takes some really uncomfortable departures. THAT means we need the awareness of Presence to venture out.......... IMO from my vantage point.

Amanda
13th May 2017, 00:42
Your opinions are very valid and make perfect sense. When we learn that we are not here to make money - pay taxes - then die, only then can people appreciate all the choices we have all around us. The key word here is 'US' and 'WE' and remembering that our global community includes everyone and every animal and all of our ecology. We are making our way to a better place. I see it from my vantage point and I know the day is coming when people are going to start looking deeply and critically at their lives.

Stay strong Maggie - when making big decisions there will be, as you state: Layers to traverse and those layers will undoubtedly include pain and grief but the feelings of being honest with self - far outweigh the negative.

Maggie
13th May 2017, 02:54
Your opinions are very valid and make perfect sense. When we learn that we are not here to make money - pay taxes - then die, only then can people appreciate all the choices we have all around us. The key word here is 'US' and 'WE' and remembering that our global community includes everyone and every animal and all of our ecology. We are making our way to a better place. I see it from my vantage point and I know the day is coming when people are going to start looking deeply and critically at their lives.

Stay strong Maggie - when making big decisions there will be, as you state: Layers to traverse and those layers will undoubtedly include pain and grief but the feelings of being honest with self - far outweigh the negative.

The blending of mind and heart is one of the Ideals that draws me.

A few years ago in my obstinate way, I was very singular about the "mind as creator" of our experience. I was singular that "suffering" should not be necessary. But OOO I was suffering...like in a deep black soul night. It did not make sense to me at that time that IF mind creates, MY mind was seeming to have stalled. Though a friend noted that I am able, in a crisis especially, to manifest well in my favor, I was miserable.

I was very broke and took the job at the grocery. That was winter and I was barely able to buy food. One day in the spring, I found an amazing Chinese "Swan" brand goose down coat in perfect shape for $10.00 and it really was a stretch to buy it. That coat has been so wonderful. Over time since I started working at that grocery I "got better". It had a lot to do with feeling trust that all IS well. I have no idea of the step by step process where I learned about TRUST. I cannot look back and say what happened EXCEPT:

The issue was that I was very tense and what FEELING I had in my body was pain...the rest I was not able to feel at all. My low back was hurting constantly. That led me to look at emotional cause of pain...very well documented and also muscles becoming knotted by inability to relax fully.

I took myself far out on a limb of the MIND. Now I am crawling back to the trunk that is the Body SENSE and how my body giove me feedback. I was not in tune with the body and this is also a layered unraveling. The back pain is almost never an issue. I can so much more easily feel the body signals. The sense of Presence is coming through my body. My emotions are less rigidly fixed. I have not really learned to cry yet...still flip to anger but HEY I am slowly tuning.....

This relaxation into the body and DOWN into the Presence is a healing path that is helping me. I am not sure WHY but the Presence is BELOW the threshold of feeling in some way for me. I think that Inelia Benz was never wrong in her assertion that the body is actually a being itself in which "I" co-exist. I value her and many "theorists" who consider themselves alt experts are IMO suffering from being completely unacquainted with this being. They may be just a mind floating in a numb "matrix"...unknown to them the ground of being they inhabit feels what it feels and asks for healing and a relationship. The Signal that gets through is when the pain is intense enough. And yet we "soldier" on for some greater reason.

So I am seeing "I" am here in a singular life and also Presence and also a "body being" all working together. Seeking the FEELING of working together made me long for a "tribe" but I need to start in my own skin. Projections of "lack" of some kind are better rolled back to my own need. Also if the large picture is asking for integrity, I know I have just scratched that as a surface. Not moved yet far into knowing how to feel, integrity is only valued as an abstract something. Also something like beauty is not quite innerstood. Truth and all that I search to establish is barely GROUNDED by how I really feel as a body living on a planet with multi-dimensional INTEGRIZED knowing.

The mind Abstracted can lead us astray. It cannot just be about the "mind". Also NOW I am valuing suffering BE Cause it is the loudest clearest communication from my own dear body. It is just that I need to learn the language of her heart and her very real mind. When "I am" (SELF) in touch with "my self" the communion can lead easily to effortless beauty.

Amanda
14th May 2017, 01:31
Maggie et al - If you are interested in the psychological source of illness then Louise L Hay is very enlightening. I only have one book and I like to refer to the index where a variety of human ailments are listed along with the psychological cause and a positive mantra/prayer/meditation. It is interesting to see you mention back pain - in the book I purchased by Louise L Hay it states that money is the cause of lower back pain. The book is titled: Heal Your Body. I recommend it and it is an easy read not convoluted or complicated.

Sensory appreciation is what we need I think. I know when I, on the rare occasion watch television, the advertisements really annoy me and I press mute. Nowadays there are also the banners that run along the bottom of the television screen with news flashes and updates on the current show, with - You are now watching. Doh! And the reminders of what show is next. My senses are now very sensitive and I can barely stand watching any television and don't get me started on walking into a supermarket. All the sounds and colours and all the Neuro Linguistic Programming that is in place.

Have worked in supermarkets and was not so aware of the impact that all the music and colours et cetera have on a persons mind. I know now. Staying in tune with your senses and emotions and balancing them while living on planet Earth is quite a task. I still say that many many many people are waking up and asking questions about just about everything. The Road Less Travelled is always worth the effort ....

Maggie
16th May 2017, 20:50
Staying in tune with your senses and emotions and balancing them while living on planet Earth is quite a task. I still say that many many many people are waking up and asking questions about just about everything. The Road Less Travelled is always worth the effort ....

I am feeling released from grocery school today with my last day over and done.

One thing I would like to see happen is a trip to Colorado with my friend Eilleen. She has advanced Parkinsons. The Green goddess has shown itself as a medicine for the tremors. Plus She helps the body relax. There are bed and breakfats that cater to people in wheel chairs who have come to see a physician and use the cannabinoid elixir.

I have an idea of making greeting cards that have a "Megalithomaniac" theme.

This really feels like a FIRST day of the rest of my life.

TargeT
16th May 2017, 22:03
Maggie et al - If you are interested in the psychological source of illness then Louise L Hay is very enlightening. I only have one book and I like to refer to the index where a variety of human ailments are listed along with the psychological cause and a positive mantra/prayer/meditation. It is interesting to see you mention back pain - in the book I purchased by Louise L Hay it states that money is the cause of lower back pain. The book is titled: Heal Your Body. I recommend it and it is an easy read not convoluted or complicated.

How about upper back pain, right between my spine and shoulder blade... been bothering (feels sort of like a line of fire, unless i stretch it) me for a year or so now, probably should do something.. or just keep ignoring it... haha I think mine's due to an accident though.

But I think "placebo" (IE: mind healing body) is a very real thing.. I've worn a piece of polished uranium around my neck for 3 or so years now, haven't been sick ever since (and by the time I purchased it I was convinced of it's healing powers).

Outcome is all I care about with stuff like that, any port in a storm ;)

don't get me started on walking into a supermarket. All the sounds and colours and all the Neuro Linguistic Programming that is in place.

Crazy what we do to ourselves, and how "what we do to our selves" has evolved through out the years... Mcdonalds used to use glaringly bright colors to help "motivate" customers to leave their resturaunts as quickly as possible... now they do the oppisite; but it's still deceptive (because it is not disclosed) psychological manipulation and often to your determent.

I still say that many many many people are.. asking questions about just about everything.

That's definitely me!

and, it seems like no matter the question and no matter the topic, I find manipulation and deception most times :[

I have an idea of making greeting cards that have a "Megalithomaniac" theme.

This really feels like a FIRST day of the rest of my life.

Interesting concept, go for it!

Maggie
16th May 2017, 22:38
Interesting concept, go for it!

I think there may be humorous cards to create and beautiful pictures to describe as cards to collect and mail?

I googled Megalithomaniac jokes and found nothing.....

My first joke:
"You know you are a megalithomaniac IF"

Female

You rate penises like standing stones: column, pillar, monolith, menhir, monument

male
http://www.dominiquenavarro.com/imagesdom/Venus%20of%20Willendorf/Venus-of-Willendorf_03.jpg

You compare girls by their resemblance to Venus of Willendorf

Maggie
17th May 2017, 00:52
More PG

You might be a magalithomaniac IF

Top 10 at this time

1. You call your ex: Zahi
2. When you have a Rorschach test, everything looks like a Pyramid.
3. Your male children all have the middle name Graham.
4. You dream in hieroglyphs.
5. You cannot take a road trip until you've figured out the distance in megalithic miles.
6. You are learning Russian for fun.
7. You have a bumper sticker that says "I brake for Giants"
8. You have a T shirt that says on the front : "Atlantis", and on the back "I was there"
9. You start every conversation with " When I was at New Grange...."
10. One of your favorite video comedic moments

Pyh1Va_mYWI

and this song makes you nod your head

mbyzgeee2mg

Amanda
17th May 2017, 01:53
Maggie - You are free to move in any direction you choose. Good for You for making a difficult decision and getting on with your life. It is now time for You and your significant others. It is the first day of your new life. Of course You know that but I want to be visibly supportive.

TargeT - The book refers to Upper Back = Lack of emotional support. Feeling unloved. Holding back love. Middle Back = Guilt. Stuck in all that stuff back there. Get off my back.Of course personal interpretation is needed. Everyone is unique and the 'diagnosis' needs to come from the person. As for never getting ill, great work. I recall learning about why a lot of cafes and restaurants had a decor based on the colour red. Apparently it induces the desire to drink. So naturally management want people to stay and drink and then they eat and then they drink some more. All based on Neuro Linguistic Programming. Great to know you are always asking questions. That's pretty much all I do these days. I was like that as a Child as well. You know the Child who is always stating; But why? But why? But why? Seems I was set to keep asking questions. (Grinning.)

Megalithomaniac - Wow! Yes Maggie just yes. You posted images of the Venus of Willendorf. I think she must have a significant purpose and meaning, apart from being a beautiful antiquity. Was watching a television show made in Britain (on DVD) titled: Spooks. I noted that in the office of the boss there were several artefacts and one looked very much like the Venus of Willendorf. I always watch movies and shows critically as there are so many many many symbols and items and cryptic messages.

Elen
17th May 2017, 06:48
Have a lovely trip Maggie and thanks for reminding me of Ylvis, takes me right back to Norway. This video is a lot of nonsense and who has to be serious all the time?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JofRc_qQCAs

:back to topic:

TargeT
17th May 2017, 11:25
TargeT - The book refers to Upper Back = Lack of emotional support. Feeling unloved. Holding back love.

yea, that would fit...

I'm still hoping for accident though, that seems easier to fix.... haha

Dreamtimer
17th May 2017, 12:39
Ylvis! What does the fox say?

Intelevator. That's funny.

OMG, Maggie.

You might be a megalithomaniac if...

Very funny.:lol::lol:

Dreamtimer
17th May 2017, 12:47
Red is supposed to make you thirsty, eh? I don't like to go into places with a lot of red. Target is a store like that. Red everywhere. It's really irritating.

Walmart uses more blues, which normally I would like.

However, Walmarts are hazardous to shop in. Shelves are falling down, stuff is on the floor you could trip on, labels on shelves don't match the items, I don't go there unless I have no choice.

Do stores still spray scents in aisles to get shoppers to buy stuff, I wonder?

ZShawn
18th May 2017, 01:27
I think there may be humorous cards to create and beautiful pictures to describe as cards to collect and mail?

I googled Megalithomaniac jokes and found nothing.....

My first joke:
"You know you are a megalithomaniac IF"

Female

You rate penises like standing stones: column, pillar, monolith, menhir, monument

male
http://www.dominiquenavarro.com/imagesdom/Venus%20of%20Willendorf/Venus-of-Willendorf_03.jpg

You compare girls by their resemblance to Venus of Willendorf
Interesting comparison

Amanda
18th May 2017, 02:19
ZShawn - The Venus of Willendorf within the large photographs above has definite features, such as her arms and hands across her breasts and a definite vagina - but - not a single facial feature. Thus the comparisons to the Human Brain are not out of the realms of plausible ....

Much Respect - Amanda

Maggie
19th May 2017, 22:41
You might be a megalthomaniac if the first thing you do online is look for videos about ancient technology.

I love technology more than I love anything else.
I love thinking about systems and how they can be implemented on GRAND scales.

However I am very right brained so I cannot "deal" with machinery or even putting things that are in boxes together.

I havve two big boxes to unpack.
They are a massage chair and a table.
I'll just have to see what's there to put together sigh.

Really I am guilty of being someone who wants everything just to happen without needing to "work" on it.
Sometimes I get so much support in being lazy that it reinforces me.

Two days ago I visited Estella at her new agey gift shop.
My intention was to ask about offering free massage to get my hands on comfort again.
BUT Estella is the answer to a prayer I was almost shy to offer.

Her friend who was offering chair massage has moved.
She wants me to leap and ask for $25.00 for 15 minutes starting to morrow.
She will keep 20% plus any credit card fees.

That seems very fair and THEN I sought a massage chair.
Craigslist had an ad for a store that offers great deals.
I drove there today and bought a very decent chair for only $50.00
And I bought a TABLE for $70 (mine is old and rickety)
I found polyester sleeves and paper ones for the face cradle.

My truck drove mavvelously two hours away to Duluth.
I stopped for directions when google maps confused me in the seeming middle of nowhere.
Right at a crossroad sat a super lovely coffee shop where I tanked up on coffee and took a "Green Goddess" sandwich to go

The recipe is whole wheat bread spread with half cream cheese and mayo.
Guacamole with cucumbers and green tomato and sprouts.

I made some signs (not, work more like coloring)
So REALLY my values are being reinforced in that all this activity does not feel onerous.
I am really chuffed and revving up to like screwdrivers.

Maggie
19th May 2017, 23:15
Interesting comparison

It must mean something and reminds me of this analogy in pictograph.

https://www.eyeofhorus.biz/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/EyeofHorusFractions.jpg

Egyptian Festival of the “Day of Counting the Parts of the Eye of Heru” is on February 21st

The Eye of Horus (originally the Eye of Ra) is an ancient Egyptian symbol of restoration, sacrifice, protection and power, from the god Horus or Ra. The eye is divided into 6 parts, representing the shattering of Horus’ eye in one of many battles with Seth to avenge the murder of Osiris. Each shape was actually used in hieroglyphs as a notation of the fractional parts. These parts correspond with the 6 senses and a particular fraction – Touch (1/64) , Taste (1/32), Hearing (1/16), Thought (1/8), Sight (1/4) and Smell (1/2). These are the 6 parts of the “eye.” The eye is the receptor of “input.” It has these six doors in which to receive data. The mathematical divisions are also attributed to the lunar phases.

Now, as far as “counting” the parts, we can see it in many different ways. All of these parts were needed for the Egyptian God Thoth to reconstruct the eye, however, if we add up all of the fractions we get 63/64. There is still a missing piece that is needed. Some say this implies that if something is broken, it can never be restored fully.

Nothing is perfect and therefore, we should not strive for perfection. Another way of seeing this is that the last needed component would have to be magic. Maybe we cannot reach perfection, but with the help of magic, we can restore our body, mind and spirit. Thus, if we use the divine energy from the universe, our own will and all 6 of our senses to help piece things together, we too can become whole. Of course, there is so much more to take from this day than just this, including aspects of sacred geometry.

However, taking this all into consideration is a good starting point, especially in these times of reflection and innovation. May you use your own wisdom and insight to see the true meaning in the day of “Counting the Parts of the Eye of Heru.”https://www.eyeofhorus.biz/info/grimoire/eye-of-horus-counting-the-parts/

I also cannot help but think about the separation and "scattering" of our senses. IF we once had 360 senses and spherical vision, how can we restore them? I bet its by/ in using our "inner eyes"

The eye of Horus is also a representation of the the thalamus.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-bxQnsj0Nrac/Tx91i5U36iI/AAAAAAAACkc/yyiIMBdJiI8/s1600/Eye+of+horus.jpg

The thalamus, hypothalamus, and pineal glands are part of a large structure called the diencephalon which roughly translates to "interbrain". ... The thalamus also relays sensory signals from the body to the brain for processing. It's also involved in gating and normalizing sensory input and motor output." (from the google page that is undre "People Also Ask")

We have noted in so many places that the union of the right and left brains seems to be the chore for the human being to then have Genius. Associated With Genius is literally a differenty way to sense reality like synestheia

For Duke Ellington, a D note looked like dark blue burlap while a G was light blue satin. When Pharrell Williams listened to Earth, Wind & Fire as a kid, he saw burgundy or baby blue. For Kanye West, pianos are blue, snares are white, and basslines are dark brown and purple. Orange is a big one for Frank Ocean.

All of these artists—along with Stevie Wonder, Billy Joel, Mary J. Blige, Blood Orange's Dev Hynes, and more—have synesthesia, a condition in which a person's senses are joined. They hear a certain timbre or musical note and see a color, or smell a perfume and hear a sound, or see a word and taste a flavor. According to Carol Steen, the co-founder of the American Synesthesia Association, there are more than 60 permutations of synesthesia, and recent studies have suggested around 4% of us have it in some form. But while it may seem like tons of musicians are trying to associate themselves with synesthesia nowadays—Steen says she's heard rumors about Beyoncé having it, though "she hasn't been vetted yet so I don't know for sure"—the condition wasn't always seen as an express route to creative genius. (Philosopher John Locke was writing about combined senses as early as the 17th century, though the term "synesthesia" wasn't coined until the mid-1800s.) Until about 20 years ago, many synesthetes were uncomfortable sharing their curious gifts with the rest of the world.

Steen, who is also visual artist and teaches at Touro College in New York, remembers feeling ostracized by other kids when she realized she had synesthesia at age seven, and though her father also had it, he never told anyone. The way she talks about it reminds me of the plight of every comic book superhero—for every person who marvels at Professor X, there are many more who are frightened by his otherworldly abilities. And for a while, there was no concrete way to scientifically study synesthesia because scientists couldn't prove it was real.

There were other reasons why artists would want to hide it, too. "People were very afraid to admit they had it because they didn't want people to think that this special gift was the sole basis for their talent," says Steen. "They'd think, 'If I tell people that I have this gift, maybe they’ll think that all the practicing I’ve done doesn't mean anything.'http://pitchfork.com/thepitch/229-what-the-hell-is-synesthesia-and-why-does-every-musician-seem-to-have-it/"

And mystics also transcend the limited senses and also those taking entheogens (DMT) are inspired to apprehend new perceptions.

‘Where the skull divides there lies the Gate of God.-The Taittireeya Upanishad

The history of the world is profoundly scattered with elements of mystical enlightenment and all the wonderful symbolism that surrounds them. From ‘cosmic precession’ and ‘ley lines’ to crystals and “magic mushrooms” – there is a whole range of different theories, which endeavour to explain the unusual effects.
However, there is one paramount and unique portion of this folklore which is utilised by all of them and held up as being the most important aspect of the human mystical experience. As Philip Gardiner and I have shown in our books, The Serpent Grail and The Shining Ones, something of importance is being referred to in the myths and legends associated with the Grail and this “something” exists in the head, or rather the brain. Those readers, who are familiar with “new-age” literature and its various concepts, would say that this “something” must be the pineal gland.
Is the pineal gland, the ‘seed,’ the Philosopher’s Stone? . . The Philosopher’s Egg?
For those readers who were already under the impression that this “seed-stone” or “egg” is the pineal, it would be a logical conclusion to make.
As to what the esoteric function of the pineal might be, there have been thousands of explanations – from the far-fetched idea of the pineal being an “alien implant” to the equally “new-age” idea of the pineal being a “cosmic communication device”. However, after everything we have looked at during the course of our research, it is only now that we are truly able to see the real significance in this peculiar biological device – something the ancient cultures we know of may have also noticed, or the knowledge of which had been passed onto them in the form of analogy, metaphor and symbolism.The Gate of God, by Gary Osborn. (https://ideasolar.wordpress.com/2012/10/15/the-gate-of-god-by-gary-osborn/)

Amanda
20th May 2017, 00:39
Maggie et al - What an insightful post about the 'Egyptian Eye' and our 'Senses' - areas of which I have read and possess some knowledge. Am well aware of the 'eye' actually representing a part of our Human Brain and it no longer confounds me that Sodium Fluoride heads straight to the Pineal Gland. Such an important and integral component of our brain. The part of our Human Brain that actually permits us to think Laterally, Critically, Creatively/Divergently. It is little wonder that during its first use during the Nazi Regime, that it was referred to as having a 'dumbing down' effect and that is so apparent today. Even the telltale yellow staining on the teeth of Students/Children alerts me to the fact they have been overexposed to Sodium Fluoride and from personal experience, they always need extra support.

It comes as no surprise that long before we, as a collective community, became knowing and developed an understanding of why and how our brains work and that they have been stifled and systematically poisoned - at least we now know the truth. When I am working with Students I love showing them large paged science books with illustrations and explaining a little about how their brains work. Every Student/Child has always showed great interest. To me it makes sense, if I am to Teach them about how to read and write properly - then Teaching them how their brain processes information is a very relevant area of knowledge.

Another relevant item of knowledge that ties in with the information and evidence of the 'Egyptian Eye' is that our intellect also contains three major elements. We are all Visual and Audic and Kinesthetic. We all possess all three qualities but one will dominate. That is why when speaking with some people - they maintain eye contact and another person may bow their head and stand/sit with their ear in the direction of your speech and yet another person will have to touch you on the arm or shake your hand or embrace you. The three areas reflect our personality and also our learning style. I sometimes wonder whether we can heal our physical Human Body/Vessel and unite all three aspects so that we can live a more fulfilling life. Just my thoughts.

Maggie - Fabulous to learn that your moves forward are offering you what you seek. I am so very pleased for You. Keep motivated but I expect you will already be doing that ....

ZShawn
20th May 2017, 00:49
it all means very much....so much hidden away.

Maggie
20th May 2017, 02:01
Another relevant item of knowledge that ties in with the information and evidence of the 'Egyptian Eye' is that our intellect also contains three major elements. We are all Visual and Audic and Kinesthetic. We all possess all three qualities but one will dominate. That is why when speaking with some people - they maintain eye contact and another person may bow their head and stand/sit with their ear in the direction of your speech and yet another person will have to touch you on the arm or shake your hand or embrace you. The three areas reflect our personality and also our learning style. I sometimes wonder whether we can heal our physical Human Body/Vessel and unite all three aspects so that we can live a more fulfilling life. Just my thoughts.

Thanks Amanda. I just KNOW we all will sometime, someplace. IMO the question I ask is why not now? It reminds me of what Carolyn Mace asked in an early book, why do we NOT heal and stay healed? The simple way i see it at this time is that its just not part of that person's present curriculum. Maybe "health" is over rated (by me and others) and I just cannot see the point for carrying the illness. It is certainly NOT a sign of failure as a being. Still I have judged myself and others, thinking "we SHOULD all be healthy".

One of my teachers by book is a Magician Franz Bardon. He was fat and he had issues with pancreatitis. Bacon was a provoking food. He knew that very well. He knew his body could not have bacon or it might kill him. After the Second WW, he was imprisoned by the Stalinists and tortured. It is suggested they were trying to obtain secrets he knew that must be kept secret. He asked his wife to bring him a bacon sandwich. With a painful attack, his pancreas quit and he died.

I heard some Frater types being present day critics and subtley snarky, saying he might have been a great Magician and Sage and Wizard and Alchemist BUT was not "perfect" because look, he died eating a bacon sandwich. Fat man dies eating bacon sandwich.

Franz Bardon would laugh at them laughing as he had a great sense of humor.
There is just no way to judge others and also, not needing to compare, we COULD have health when it suits the purposes we hold or NOT.
This individuality of expression and the unique desires THEREFORE MUST by my logic have a space to express.

Elen
20th May 2017, 05:00
ABSOLUTELY Maggie... being observant without judgement is a great way to learn. So many things remain hidden with presumptions, and when things reveal themselves...then...WAIT...there is more...;)

Amanda
21st May 2017, 03:02
ZShawn - Wow just wow. Thanks for sharing yet more information and evidence to link the 'Venus of Willendorf' images to the Human Brain. I wonder whether Animal Brains have a similar construction - well at least some Animals??

Maggie - I understand completely your comments and what an excellent example of the person who suffered an intolerance to bacon. Hmmm... I am now pondering thoughts of whether we as Humans need to eat meat at all? Perhaps we developed/evolved a predisposition for meat by force rather than by natural processes. Not that I practice it but some magic/magik practices involve the eating of sacrifices. I won't go into detail. I never liked meat as a Child and over the years I have quite simply become disinterested in meat. I do not think I am unhealthier for not eating meat.

Your comments about being healthy are valid. I understand your mode of thinking. Ill health may provide us with a learning experience or provide an experience to develop true and proper empathy for those who are ill and live with insufferable pain. Being ill also allows us to learn about our Human Vessel, as some people call it and I for one can attest to that theory.

Elen - In terms of ...Wait there is more .... That comment truly sums up my journey here on this planet. As a Child I used to think that life would become easier as I worked things out, found answers et cetera. Gee whiz was I wrong about that - the more I seek answers and the more I engage in life - the more I learn. I have seen people who have stopped learning and who have stopped asking questions and they always come across as sad.

Maggie
21st May 2017, 03:04
ABSOLUTELY Maggie... being observant without judgement is a great way to learn. So many things remain hidden with presumptions, and when things reveal themselves...then...WAIT...there is more...;)

Elen and Amanda, Zshawn and Dreantimer and Modwiz and all, I love the conversation.

I gave three massages today. The third time I felt I did relax and flow with healing energy that is all around.

I sat and read most of this afternoon outside "Silk Road traveller", listening to people talk as they went by and the wind chimes.

Estella's shop is beautiful, full of great smells and crystals and oriental gifts, jewelry, cloths: new agey ware. I am not listening to all the disparaging in the alt waves about "new age". The new age is a style and like any other looks attractive or not. The new age bookshop/gift emprium has incense and special oils and books like Elizabeth Haich "Initiation". I wish there were more and more places that give access to talking of angels and the Masters. WE bring ourselves to it. The multidimensional way is that the "SCENE" might look superficial until we penetrate go deeper with what we know and bring to the style.

There is religion and alternative philosophy and you can choose these symbols from "The luxury there": This tinkling, graceful, fluffed brightly lit kind of style in whatever way you like is a frequency. This frequency is enjoyable to me. I value the "accoutrements" I looked at and smelled today. I bought incense to bring home that is "Indian Temple" scent. The smell of temples is not just for one "somewhere else" place in the new age. Mix everything all up and have fun making a new spiritual pattern. IMO this is what I really value for me.

The spiritual pattern can either help us expand or contract. This will be tried out in life. We can create our own all the way to heaven or descent to the pits of hell (and all in betweens). The spiritual pattern is like a template we flow into to create our mundane reality. The pattern we create always steps down into our perceived environment (inner and outer)

I was reading about Qi today and we know that the Qi we can experience is not THE Qi. The book talks about Qi as the impetus of all movement. It gives life, all life is moving. Qi can be felt as heat but is not the heat. It can be likened to water or wind or fire but is not these manifestations. The step down of Qi is necessarily dualistic. So we encounter the way the inate energy moves into polarity. It circulates in patterns that imprint our 3D days and nights.

I was thinking about how IMPORTANT it is to me to know I am responsible for the pole I choose to express. Why would I choose to feel any way but satisfied? THAT is IMO the most important question to ask oneself. IMO we always shoot our own foot. When you think the shooter is someone or some thing else, you see a demon appear.

IMO the only demons are our dissatisfied longings and guilt at past actions and the guns we use to shoot our feet. The demons look frightening as Hell and look objective but the new age idea is that they all are just Maya. Of course the good we see is too. If demons are Maya they call us to change the way they appear.

I am grateful that we can learn the mechanics of refining the patterns we create. From the vantage point of lifting to patterns, the flow through of life force can be reframed.

Elen
21st May 2017, 05:49
I read Elizabeth Haich "Initiation" many many years ago, it had a most profound effect on me. It was like a "window in time" like no other, like I was there...I gave the book to my brother who locked himself up for 3 days, only surfacing for water, coffee and snacks. That book has bonded us ever since. I am glad you mentioned it here...:smiley hug:

Maggie
21st May 2017, 15:37
I read Elizabeth Haich "Initiation" many many years ago, it had a most profound effect on me. It was like a "window in time" like no other, like I was there...I gave the book to my brother who locked himself up for 3 days, only surfacing for water, coffee and snacks. That book has bonded us ever since. I am glad you mentioned it here...:smiley hug:

When I read it years ago, I could not put it down either. I was there because I THINK she had been there and she transports the reader. That book mentions the different race that interbred with humans by the way and what happens when a being's reach for power exceeds the grasp of responsibility...effects reverberating for many lifetimes.....

Elen
21st May 2017, 16:20
When I read it years ago, I could not put it down either. I was there because I THINK she had been there and she transports the reader. That book mentions the different race that interbred with humans by the way and what happens when a being's reach for power exceeds the grasp of responsibility...effects reverberating for many lifetimes.....

Yes yes Maggie, I hope people pick up the book to give themselves an insight into what is possible or maybe impossible for people now...in any case it's a real treat...:smiley-dance013:

Maggie
21st May 2017, 20:49
Yes yes Maggie, I hope people pick up the book to give themselves an insight into what is possible or maybe impossible for people now...in any case it's a real treat...:smiley-dance013:

Here's a PDF link. It is such a great book IMO

Elisabeth Haich INITIATION
(http://www.znakovi-vremena.net/en/Elisabeth_Haich_Initiation.pdf)

Amanda
22nd May 2017, 01:47
Another book to read for Homework. Thank You for the link Maggie. Hugs.

Gale Frierson
29th May 2017, 12:56
Boy, do I RELATE to this! I too am in the throes of being frozen out by a very large retail grocery firm (corporation). They have gone to the point of actually infringing on my civil rights. Your "reality tunnel" as you call it is attainable. We have a member whose internet handle is "Reality Creation". She is GREAT with helping to restructure thinking processes. Just know your "pain" (emotional reaction) is not one that should make you feel alone. There are others who know what you're experiencing. Gregg Braden says we're all "hardwired" to do (& BE) good, but societal forces oftentimes "misguide" us. BE you, for there's nothing wrong with being unique. God made us all that way. It's called diversity.

Gale Frierson
29th May 2017, 13:03
See new post on p. 3, please. Thanks for bringing out some things of immense value.

Maggie
17th June 2017, 06:50
For several days I have been feeling depressed, literally like a heavy curtain is hanging. It is just SOOO heavy that it is making me really tired. I decided I am addicted to the internet. It is literally wired into my basic neuro scheme that to hang out on line for hours is necessary.

I have some really deep dreams that I feel are vaild possibilities. One is that something just amazing and wonderful is just around the corner and that ACTION takes me exactly from possibility to a probability. The MORE I expect the miraculous, the MORE that is the case. Up until this time in my life, I was a bit wishy washy in practice of expectation.

I have been as curious about the dark side as anyone, that place that is full of fear and dread anxiety and gaunt haints. Thinking dark heavy thoughts is familiar. Just as possible IS thinking expectations of light and fluffy uplifted vistas of the mind. I know really KNOW that only my own practice will count in my "reality bubble/tunnel/realm"

Thinking about harsh and scornful banging the drum against (cabal, quackademiscs, false gurus and you name it) is IMO very stress inducing. The dreaded expectations do occurr yet there is always a new potential to mourn in advance and people actually always set new dates for the end. IMO what is seemingly dreamy pure impossibility is just one of MY thoughts away. I seriously doubt also that the dream OR NIGHTMARE can be held in form without ME. I perceive that my cup of tea is most delicious.

I hae spent too much time wading through the internet libraries. I think that is because I have been searching for confirmation of belief system somehow, just like everyone. It has never appeared. I think that is meaningful. What confirmation may I REALLY HAVE except evidence in my mundane 24/7/365. And what evidence have I received? I feel a growing pressure to put my mind to work FOR my dreams.

I have spent so much time in cyberspace and it has familiarity. The familiar gets way too comfortable even when one is still hungry no matter what was served. What I need is to put into practice the things I ever thought were valuable...think on the things that I value and detach from the mind field of the collective internet search.

People say the "New Age" meme is attempting to blanket in a love and light that is not real. But It IS just as real as its polar opposite. I think I sincerely value the FOCUS on this extreme as an antidote to being oppressed by miserable thoughts. I am sure I will see the fruits of the labor (and it ain't easy to keep one's attention only where one wants it to be. Try and try again.... will try again because I will that action)

Taking a retirement break, expecting to lose my compulsions to read and watch what the rest of a collective may value? Best wishes to all. Thanks for your good wishes. LOTS of LOVE to everyone, Maggie

This is the very first poem I ever saw by Rumi....

“Come, come, whoever you are. Wanderer, worshiper, lover of leaving. It doesn't matter. Ours is not a caravan of despair. come, even if you have broken your vows a thousand times. Come, yet again , come , come.”

Aragorn
17th June 2017, 06:57
[...]

Taking a retirement break. Thanks for the good wishes. LOTS of LOVE to everyone, Maggie

You will be missed, Maggie. :hugs:

Elen
17th June 2017, 09:37
Maggie, I don't think you're aware of HOW MUCH you are a part of us all now. :smiley hug:

That should count for something?

Dreamtimer
17th June 2017, 11:13
You've been a wonderful member here, Maggie. I'm all for putting your dreams into action. The positive ones, for sure. I believe you'll do it.

Every day we manifest into reality what we've dreamt. It sounds like it's time to go out and do some manifesting.

I spend time here and online when perhaps I should be doing other things. But I've never thought it's wasted time because I'm pursuing ideas and knowledge that I never had access to before. As I learn, then I act.

So may you go forth and spread beauty in the world and come back and give us an update.:love::fire:

Amanda
17th June 2017, 23:32
Much Respect & Much Peace Maggie. Follow Your heart and find fulfillment. Huge cyber hugs ....

sandy
18th June 2017, 02:21
Up Up and away Maggie..........good on YOU for sstepping forward to gather even more gnosis experience....:winner:

Dumpster Diver
18th June 2017, 17:14
For several days I have been feeling depressed, literally like a heavy curtain is hanging. It is just SOOO heavy that it is making me really tired. I decided I am addicted to the internet. It is literally wired into my basic neuro scheme that to hang out on line for hours is necessary.

I have some really deep dreams that I feel are vaild possibilities. One is that something just amazing and wonderful is just around the corner and that ACTION takes me exactly from possibility to a probability. The MORE I expect the miraculous, the MORE that is the case. Up until this time in my life, I was a bit wishy washy in practice of expectation.

I have been as curious about the dark side as anyone, that place that is full of fear and dread anxiety and gaunt haints. Thinking dark heavy thoughts is familiar. Just as possible IS thinking expectations of light and fluffy uplifted vistas of the mind. I know really KNOW that only my own practice will count in my "reality bubble/tunnel/realm"

Thinking about harsh and scornful banging the drum against (cabal, quackademiscs, false gurus and you name it) is IMO very stress inducing. The dreaded expectations do occurr yet there is always a new potential to mourn in advance and people actually always set new dates for the end. IMO what is seemingly dreamy pure impossibility is just one of MY thoughts away. I seriously doubt also that the dream OR NIGHTMARE can be held in form without ME. I perceive that my cup of tea is most delicious.

I hae spent too much time wading through the internet libraries. I think that is because I have been searching for confirmation of belief system somehow, just like everyone. It has never appeared. I think that is meaningful. What confirmation may I REALLY HAVE except evidence in my mundane 24/7/365. And what evidence have I received? I feel a growing pressure to put my mind to work FOR my dreams.

I have spent so much time in cyberspace and it has familiarity. The familiar gets way too comfortable even when one is still hungry no matter what was served. What I need is to put into practice the things I ever thought were valuable...think on the things that I value and detach from the mind field of the collective internet search.

People say the "New Age" meme is attempting to blanket in a love and light that is not real. But It IS just as real as its polar opposite. I think I sincerely value the FOCUS on this extreme as an antidote to being oppressed by miserable thoughts. I am sure I will see the fruits of the labor (and it ain't easy to keep one's attention only where one wants it to be. Try and try again.... will try again because I will that action)

Taking a retirement break, expecting to lose my compulsions to read and watch what the rest of a collective may value? Best wishes to all. Thanks for your good wishes. LOTS of LOVE to everyone, Maggie

“Come, come, whoever you are. Wanderer, worshiper, lover of leaving. It doesn't matter. Ours is not a caravan of despair. come, even if you have broken your vows a thousand times. Come, yet again , come , come.”

Thanks for this post. It sums up what I think on occasion, I get away from the inter-web for a few days...and then I get sucked back in. As I run an internet chess team, too hard to stay away completely.

Give up chess? Thought about it. It's a war game after all. Maybe the coming sun flare(s) will fry all the electronics and make me interact with real 3D people again. Thus I build a paper library in the basement of my house...

...ok, back to my web crack-pipe.

Dreamtimer
18th June 2017, 17:37
Have you played any of the older versions of chess? (Sorry, I'm not a chess player)

They say the world's leaders play chess, but Trump is playing checkers.

Dumpster Diver
18th June 2017, 18:13
Have you played any of the older versions of chess? (Sorry, I'm not a chess player)

They say the world's leaders play chess, but Trump is playing checkers.

Older versions? The "version" played today is pretty darned old as the current "version" of chess was finally set in the early 1800s with the stalemates rules:

from wikipedia:

1200–1700: Origins of the modern game

Around 1200, the rules of shatranj started to be modified in southern Europe, and around 1475, several major changes made the game essentially as it is known today. These modern rules for the basic moves had been adopted in Italy and Spain. Pawns gained the option of advancing two squares on their first move, while bishops and queens acquired their modern abilities. The queen replaced the earlier vizier chess piece towards the end of the 10th century and by the 15th century had become the most powerful piece; consequently modern chess was referred to as "Queen's Chess" or "Mad Queen Chess". Castling, derived from the "kings leap" usually in combination with a pawn or rook move to bring the king to safety, was introduced. These new rules quickly spread throughout western Europe. The rules concerning stalemate were finalized in the early 19th century. Also in the 19th century, the convention that White moves first was established (formerly either White or Black could move first). Finally the rules around castling were standardized – variations in the castling rules had persisted in Italy until the late 19th century. The resulting standard game is sometimes referred to as Western chess or international chess, particularly in Asia where other games of the chess family such as xiangqi are prevalent. Since the 19th century, the only rule changes have been technical in nature, for example establishing the correct procedure for claiming a draw by repetition.

Writings about the theory of how to play chess began to appear in the 15th century. The Repetición de Amores y Arte de Ajedrez (Repetition of Love and the Art of Playing Chess) by Spanish churchman Luis Ramirez de Lucena was published in Salamanca in 1497. Lucena and later masters like Portuguese Pedro Damiano, Italians Giovanni Leonardo Di Bona, Giulio Cesare Polerio and Gioachino Greco, and Spanish bishop Ruy López de Segura developed elements of openings and started to analyze simple endgames.

1700–1873: The Romantic Era in Chess

The romantic era was characterized by opening gambits (sacrificing pawns or even pieces), daring attacks, and brazen sacrifices. Many elaborate and beautiful but unsound move sequences called "combinations" were played by the masters of the time. The game was played more for art than theory. A profound belief that chess merit resided in the players' genius rather than inherent in the position on the board pervaded chess practice.

In the 18th century, the center of European chess life moved from the Southern European countries to France. The two most important French masters were François-André Danican Philidor, a musician by profession, who discovered the importance of pawns for chess strategy, and later Louis-Charles Mahé de La Bourdonnais, who won a famous series of matches with the Irish master Alexander McDonnell in 1834. Centers of chess activity in this period were coffee houses in big European cities like Café de la Régence in Paris and Simpson's Divan in London.

As the 19th century progressed, chess organization developed quickly. Many chess clubs, chess books, and chess journals appeared. There were correspondence matches between cities; for example, the London Chess Club played against the Edinburgh Chess Club in 1824. Chess problems became a regular part of 19th-century newspapers; Bernhard Horwitz, Josef Kling, and Samuel Loyd composed some of the most influential problems. In 1843, von der Lasa published his and Bilguer's Handbuch des Schachspiels (Handbook of Chess), the first comprehensive manual of chess theory.

The first modern chess tournament was organized by Howard Staunton, a leading English chess player, and was held in London in 1851. It was won by the German Adolf Anderssen, who was hailed as the leading chess master. His brilliant, energetic attacking style was typical for the time. Sparkling games like Anderssen's Immortal game and Evergreen game or Morphy's Opera game were regarded as the highest possible summit of the chess art.

Deeper insight into the nature of chess came with two younger players. American Paul Morphy, an extraordinary chess prodigy, won against all important competitors (except Howard Staunton, who refused to play), including Anderssen, during his short chess career between 1857 and 1863. Morphy's success stemmed from a combination of brilliant attacks and sound strategy; he intuitively knew how to prepare attacks.

-----

As to Trump playing checkers while others are playing chess: I dunno, getting both sides of this. Personally I've always disliked Trump. But with DW and others saying he might be the "savior" of the US...well...ok...maybe we deserve that. :belief:

Dreamtimer
18th June 2017, 21:35
Some people are anachronistic and eclectic. I thought you might be into primitive versions, or other games that are in the family. But of course, mastering chess is a lifetime, right?

Is DW really saying Trump's a savior? Because that's pretty directly contrary to all the admonishments about not adopting a savior mentality in the context of CG and the SBA.

modwiz
18th June 2017, 21:50
Some people are anachronistic and eclectic. I thought you might be into primitive versions, or other games that are in the family. But of course, mastering chess is a lifetime, right?

Is DW really saying Trump's a savior? Because that's pretty directly contrary to all the admonishments about not adopting a savior mentality in the context of CG and the SBA.

Agreed, we don't need no steenkin' saviors. It is about allies for a human cause.

Dumpster Diver
19th June 2017, 03:23

Chess is a war game. In this karmic walk, I am into war and have to resolve it. BTW, the object of chess is to crush your opponent, and according to such leading chess Grandmasters such as Bobby Fisher, the real object is to "crush your opponent's ego." The greatest war game is chess, so I play chess. It all fits.

DW mentioned that, in spite of all the 180 turns by Prez Gasbag, he had a dream, and DW puts a lot of stock in dreams, that showed DW working with the Prez in the future. So he must be a good guy...anyway, something to that effect.

I did a WTF?!? and rewound the tape to make sure I heard him right. So yeah, DW is apparently a Trump "alter-boy."

The world is a f**ked up place.

Dreamtimer
19th June 2017, 12:29
I'm all for recalling and remembering dreams. Lots of people dream about being with leaders and important people. And it can mean many things.

David has been journaling all his life and so likely has a very good handle on his dreams.

People certainly scout ahead into the possibilities in their dreams. What is this possibility that he's seen? Working with Trump?

I wonder if he's ready to throw aside his own plans and will and pledge complete loyalty?

My personal opinion is that David's ego still gets in the way of clear sight, and this is more about wanting and needing to be working with an important authority rather than a direct sight into the future. (to me the constant refs to his 'member' are the most obvious ego indicator)

I dreamt I saw Sarah Palin face-to-face once. I didn't even know who she was, she was still mayor of an Alaska town I'd never heard of.

The dream didn't mean that I was going to meet her. It taught me some very important things about her and her character so that I was prepared when she came on stage in her blaze of Rogue Glory.

There's another one who loves the media attention while lambasting it.

Dumpster Diver
19th June 2017, 15:08
Dreamy, I posted this in another thread: All my dreams seem to be movies: I'm some character either viewed internally or externally (like I'm a camera following a protagonist) on adventures. None seem predictive. If confronted by nasties, I either blow them away, or I wake myself up. I tend to be the biggest monster in my dreams.

...so I view dreams as recreation. But as I'm a class zero drooling idiot compared to you enlightened folk here at TOT, I certainly haven't a clue as to how to interpret them. And frankly, I don't want to. I think it's a cheat to know ANYTHING about your future. It bends your free will.

As to DW, and as Wizzy sez, David "will-talk-about-his-cock"...I wonder about such. Maybe he really thinks (or has been told by Ra) he must reveal everything, so he comes off sounding a bit perverted. The 1st half of his last book was a psychic vomit of his early life. It was mildly interesting, but far, far from the meat of the last part. This public confession stuff is a bit too Catholic for me. Confessing to you does not do much; confessing to ME, on the other hand, is where it is at.

Dreamtimer
19th June 2017, 15:30
I think it's a cheat to know ANYTHING about your future. It bends your free will.

I agree except for the cheat. It's a setup. You could be setting yourself up for something because you're expecting or counting on something you've seen. Nothing is set in stone. Even if something is 99% likely, the 1% can still happen.

But it's not a cheat because it's a natural ability. It's something we can do. It's not a cheat to use a flashlight at night. It's something we can do. (A flashlight isn't a natural ability, but our innovative nature is). It's important not to be stupid about it. Selfishness can def lead to stupidity.

The Lakota, for example, had dreamers who could see where the hunt was good or when the bad weather would come. It's a survival mechanism that goes back far into humanity's existence. As far as I can tell.

Dumpster Diver
19th June 2017, 15:40
I agree except for the cheat. It's a setup. You could be setting yourself up for something because you're expecting or counting on something you've seen. Nothing is set in stone. Even if something is 99% likely, the 1% can still happen.

But it's not a cheat because it's a natural ability. It's something we can do. It's not a cheat to use a flashlight at night. It's something we can do. (A flashlight isn't a natural ability, but our innovative nature is). It's important not to be stupid about it. Selfishness can def lead to stupidity.

The Lakota, for example, had dreamers who could see where the hunt was good or when the bad weather would come. It's a survival mechanism that goes back far into humanity's existence. As far as I can tell.

Well, I use math to "see the future" so that and a flashlight is ok by me.

My wife has seen exact futures (as have I, I foresaw hurricane Katrina knocking the crap outta New Orleans, my wife's home town)...I still think it's still a cheat, it bends your view.

I don't like alt-world stuff. I know it exists, and I dislike others being better at it. So there, nannh (sorry, I don't have a smiley sticking his/her tongue out) :p

Elen
19th June 2017, 15:44
So there, nannh (sorry, I don't have a smiley sticking his/her tongue out)

You do this : and p ... :p

Dumpster Diver
19th June 2017, 16:12
You do this : and p ... :p

Thanks, I fixed it. :winner:

Dreamtimer
19th June 2017, 16:22
If you like more style and motion there's always,

:onthequite:

Dumpster Diver
19th June 2017, 18:21
If you like more style and motion there's always,

:onthequite:

How did I miss that? Yes, much better.

Dreamtimer
19th June 2017, 18:26
Dear me, what have I done?:shapeshift:

DNA
20th June 2017, 02:01

I absolutely understand what you are talking about.
I'm reading your post as you have already unsubscribed, but I still wanted to respond to it.
The road to the "truth" is just not something that can be easily digested all at once. There have been more than a few times I've had to step away from the internet and more importantly "what I've learned" in order to digest what I believe to be an often uncomfortable truth.
True paradigm altering truths result in cognitive dissidence, and this is true for those who consider themselves quite seasoned in these areas.
I would like to offer my own method for dealing with this, and that is, often when we discover something truly disturbing we can tend to dwell on it.
My suggestion would be that once you have over come your cognitive dissidence, try and distance yourself and reach a place of detachment from this information and try not to let it linger often in your consciousness. Take care

Aianawa
23rd June 2017, 00:49
Chess is a war game. In this karmic walk, I am into war and have to resolve it. BTW, the object of chess is to crush your opponent, and according to such leading chess Grandmasters such as Bobby Fisher, the real object is to "crush your opponent's ego." The greatest war game is chess, so I play chess. It all fits.

DW mentioned that, in spite of all the 180 turns by Prez Gasbag, he had a dream, and DW puts a lot of stock in dreams, that showed DW working with the Prez in the future. So he must be a good guy...anyway, something to that effect.

I did a WTF?!? and rewound the tape to make sure I heard him right. So yeah, DW is apparently a Trump "alter-boy."

The world is a f**ked up place.

Patience, i see them working together, time will show.

Aianawa
23rd June 2017, 00:54
Feel you returning Maggie, this was a tough wave lol, shows how connected to mummy earth and father sky and the noosphere =, blessings