PDA

View Full Version : Do Objects Move or Disappear in your House ?

Spiral
18th October 2013, 14:19
Do objects disappear around your home, then inexplicably reappear? You might be a victim of Disappearing Object Phenomena. What could be the cause?

I cut & pasted this, but thought it might prompt some interesting stories :interview:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0d/Chasing_ghosts_at_Ch%C3%A2teau_de_Vianden_(3940080 719).jpg

One afternoon I was copying programs using my old Commodore 64 computer in a room designated as the "computer room." The copy program had just instructed me to swap disks, and I remember taking the "original" disk out of the drive and laying it on the desk next to the keyboard. At that time, my mother called me out of the room and I went to see what she needed. Upon my return a few minutes later, I noticed that it was time for another disk swap. The disk was not where I had left it. I looked everywhere. I took all of the disks out of the disk file, looked under the desk - everywhere - and couldn't find it. I left the room, and came back, determined to retrace my steps. When I came back, the same result - nothing. I left again, saying to myself that "enough was enough." When I came back, my first impulse was to check the disk file again. I flipped down the first disk in the file - and there it was - backwards. At that instant, I felt an incredible feeling of dread and could swear that I heard a faint, but amused laugh.

Stories like this appear in my e-mailbox on a regular basis - common examples of disappearing object phenomena (DOP). Typically, DOP involves an object that the person had just been using or that they invariably keep in one particular place. When they go to use the object, it is gone. The person looks high and low for the object, often getting others involved in the search, but it cannot be found. A short time later, or perhaps the next day, the person is surprised to find the object returned to the spot where it is always kept or in some other obvious place where the search should have found it.

What happened here? Where did the object go? Why did it "disappear"? How was it returned? What forces are at work in this highly strange yet relatively commonplace phenomenon? There are several possibilities, from the mundane to the peculiar to the profoundly bizarre - both psychological and paranormal.

More; http://paranormal.about.com/od/poltergeists/a/Disappearing-Object-Phenomenon.htm

Tribe
18th October 2013, 14:22
Always , all things , no clue ! We're used to it now , it isn't a bad thing just annoying ! ;)

Mark
18th October 2013, 14:39
This happens a lot with beer.

I take a glug and put it down and when i go back it has decreased from when i last picked it up?

This happens several times until the whole glass is mysteriously empty, very strange....?

https://s3.amazonaws.com/assets.svpply.com/large/547928.jpg?1368959692

18th October 2013, 15:20
Definitely a victim. This one time at bandcamp, when I was 16 I was walking along the street and my virginity just flew out. I've not seen it since.

Seriously, all the time. I actually find it endearing of whomever/whatever is doing it. They have a sense of humour!

Sooz
19th October 2013, 06:06
Yes, my reading glasses....they disappear into thin air, then I stomp around the house in a huff, up-ending everything in sight.:frantic:

And then they inexplicably re-appear tucked into my shirt front. Or perched on top of my head.:belief:

I am absolutely NOT buying one of those 'granny' necklaces that keep one's glasses on their bodily person at all times. Not going there.

Never. Nup. Nada. Zip.:tea:

Chickadee
19th October 2013, 07:56
Yes, my reading glasses....they disappear into thin air, then I stomp around the house in a huff, up-ending everything in sight.:frantic:

And then they inexplicably re-appear tucked into my shirt front. Or perched on top of my head.:belief:

I am absolutely NOT buying one of those 'granny' necklaces that keep one's glasses on their bodily person at all times. Not going there.

Never. Nup. Nada. Zip.:tea:

Sooz?! Who do u think your kidding??

You know, as well as the rest of us... You'd look HOTT with that granny necklace. Save your sanity :)
Lol!

Luv u lady ...XOXO

shamanseeker
19th October 2013, 13:58
Happens all the time!