PDA

View Full Version : Abby Martin: The Problem With Our Current System

Aragorn
25th March 2017, 21:04
This video is over one year old already, but I've only just come across it. ;) And by the way, if you don't know who Jacque Fresco is, he's the creator of The Venus Project. ;)

DESCRIPTION

Abby Martin, host of The Empire Files, gives an inspiring and informative talk analyzing the system we live in. It addresses a variety of issues that should be known to all, but are often poorly publicized, or even ignored. The lecture was held at the Centennial event of Jacque Fresco, on March 12, 2016.

Abby Martin is a journalist and presenter of The Empire Files, a weekly investigative news program on teleSUR English. She was formerly the host of Breaking the Set on RT America network, working from the Washington, D.C. bureau. Abby also is an artist and activist who founded the citizen journalism organization Media Roots. She serves on the board of directors for the Media Freedom Foundation which manages Project Censored. Abby appeared in the documentary film Project Censored The Movie: Ending the Reign of Junk Food News (2013), and co-directed 99%: The Occupy Wall Street Collaborative Film (2013).

DURATION

18 minutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOmfV7ozzf8

Anastasia
25th March 2017, 21:43
Wow! Abby Martin... a spokeswoman for Agenda 21. Who woulda thunk?

modwiz
25th March 2017, 21:50

I would. Abby is a gatekeeper, IMO. Kinda like Noam Chomsky, a lot of reasonable things are said to wrap around or obfuscate other signals being sent. Sometimes, the most important thing to do is let your handlers know that one is still following the global playbook. It will take a more astute listener to hear those messages being sent "home".

Aragorn
25th March 2017, 21:51

Um, I think you've seriously misunderstood her, Anastasia. :shocked:

I've listened to her entire lecture, and I cannot find a single argument in favor of Agenda 21 in there. If I'm missing something, could you then please point out where she would have said anything of that nature? :hmm:

Edit: If it's the fact that she's cheering for Bernie Sanders at the start of her lecture, then please bear in mind that this video was shot over a year ago, long before Bernie Sanders was outed as having sold out to Hillary Clinton. And Abby has addressed this corruption in later interviews, and from that moment on, she started supporting Jill Stein.

modwiz
25th March 2017, 22:21
Um, I think you've seriously misunderstood her, Anastasia. :shocked:

I've listened to her entire lecture, and I cannot find a single argument in favor of Agenda 21 in there. If I'm missing something, could you then please point out where she would have said anything of that nature? :hmm:

Edit: If it's the fact that she's cheering for Bernie Sanders at the start of her lecture, then please bear in mind that this video was shot over a year ago, long before Bernie Sanders was outed as having sold out to Hillary Clinton. And Abby has addressed this corruption in later interviews, and from that moment on, she started supporting Jill Stein.

Jill sure showed her true self after the election. The beauty of the current stark polarization of the USA population is that the agendas of people have become less veiled. Careful examination of language used by people makes knowing where they stand on the Globalization/Human divide, the only real divide, relatively easy.

Aragorn
25th March 2017, 22:37
Jill sure showed her true self after the election. The beauty of the current stark polarization of the USA population is that the agendas of people have become less veiled. Careful examination of language used by people makes knowing where they stand on the Globalization/Human divide, the only real divide, relatively easy.

That still doesn't make Abby into a supporter of Agenda 21 yet. In fact, she has exposed Agenda 21 on several occasions already in her Empire Files videos.

You have to keep in mind that Abby Martin is fighting the injustice that she sees and that she has discovered during her journalistic investigation, not the injustices that she's not even aware of. She's still young — going on 33 as I'm writing this — and there is undoubtedly still a lot to be discovered by her. She's digging deep, but we cannot expect her to hit the bottom of this gigantically evil thing with a single stab of her shovel.

The war against the evils of this world is one with many different battlefronts. Abby is fighting at a few of these fronts, but she can't be everywhere at the same time. I believe that she's doing a hell of a job — she's got an enormous amount of courage, a brilliant brain, and she's nobody's shill — and I consider her one of today's heroes, even if I don't always agree with her opinions.

She's come a long way in a relatively short period. She deserves to be cut some slack, and the chance to figure it all out on her own. Give her some more time. I have faith in her. ;)

Anastasia
25th March 2017, 22:51
What she says is true. We have been led like sheep to unknowingly embrace a deeply controlled corrupted society for a long time. It is no coincidence we are being awakened to it now...in a time of a technological "takeover" (emphasis on that word). In my research over the years of lectures and articles, it has always been a plan to take down the U.S. to implement Agenda 21. Whether or not they are successful has yet to be seen but the big picture Agenda is unfolding right before our eyes...Washington is going down for the implementation of globalization and Technocracy. The Venus Project = A Brave New World. At the same time there are grass roots movements of freedom and independence from this agenda...people growing food, independent technology, resurgence of old ways of healing,spiritual independence from religions and savior programs,independent artists making a comeback, etc. Humanity is splitting. Whether Abby Martin knows she's a part of it or not I do not know. In this speech she seems to support the U.N.

That still doesn't make Abby into a supporter of Agenda 21 yet. In fact, she has exposed Agenda 21 on several occasions already in her Empire Files videos.

You have to keep in mind that Abby Martin is fighting the injustice that she sees and that she has discovered during her journalistic investigation, not the injustices that she's not even aware of. She's still young — going on 33 as I'm writing this — and there is undoubtedly still a lot to be discovered by her. She's digging deep, but we cannot expect her to hit the bottom of this gigantically evil thing with a single stab of her shovel.

The war against the evils of this world is one with many different battlefronts. Abby is fighting at a few of these fronts, but she can't be everywhere at the same time. I believe that she's doing a hell of a job — she's got an enormous amount of courage, a brilliant brain, and she's nobody's shill — and I consider her one of today's heroes, even if I don't always agree with her opinions.

She's come a long way in a relatively short period. She deserves to be cut some slack, and the chance to figure it all out on her own. Give her some more time. I have faith in her. ;)

I will give her the benefit of the doubt.

Fred Steeves
25th March 2017, 23:09
I don't see her as knowingly being part of anything nefarious. She's young, smart, and has had a political awakening. If she matures in this awakening, she will come to see the fallacy in thinking politics solves problems.

So long as she is chasing ratings however, she can be easily used, and her awakening will be contained in the initial stages.

This is my opinion :)

modwiz
25th March 2017, 23:15
I don't see her as knowingly being part of anything nefarious. She's young, smart, and has had a political awakening. If she matures in this awakening, she will come to see the fallacy in thinking politics solves problems.

So long as she is chasing ratings however, she can be easily used, and her awakening will be contained in the initial stages.

This is my opinion :)

I like your assessment.