PDA

View Full Version : Thinking that I think

donk
13th February 2017, 14:39
In another thread recently, I used a popularized quote to support what I believe to be the underlying problem with a specific situation we all can relate to which I strongly believe underlies a broader problem might relate to all humans' communication with each other.

The quote most often attributed to Thomas Edison sounds to me like:

A tiny percentage of people think "rightly" (to borrow from Heinlein's "Stanger in a Strange Land"), a slightly higher percentage believe they're thinking rightly, and everyone else chooses to believe the dogmas they were taught and became attached to.

The specific example I was speaking to, was what I considered a text book example that nearly of all us here have some experience with of the social dynamic that is created when we aren't honest about the reality that the quote demonstrates.

The thing is, among the "5% that think", they nearly (if not) all actually "think they think" as well. And the tendency among people that think they are right is to think that other perspectives are wrong. I'm pretty sure that when you unpack this thought, that is what you are left with.

It slips into the sloppiness in which we use language, and the emotional attachment we have to our understanding...of our understanding.

The word believe is "officially" defined as:

"to have confidence in the truth, the existence, or reliability of something, although without absolute proof that one is right in doing so" (Dictionary.com)

"To accept something as true, genuine, or real" (Merriam-Webster)

"Accept that (something) is true, especially without proof" (Oxford)

I see this term being demonized, especially in the "alternative" community. The first M-W definition is actually "to have a firm religious faith", and between that and Oxford's dictionary's second half...they describe accurately the popular usage, at least in America.

The problem I found was interpretation of the word and definitions are not only extremely unpopular, but trigger defensive from "believers" that KNOW that you cannot apply the term to FACTS...which I found is defined thusly:

"A thing that is indisputably the case" (google)

"Something that truly exists or happens; something that has actual existence" (M-W)

"A thing that is known or proved to be true" (Oxford)

I contend that what this community is an "alternative" to, is the beliefs and facts of of our current civilizations' most common dogmas...which is defined:

"A principle or set of principles laid down by an authority as incontrovertibly true" (google)

"Something held as an established opinion; especially a definite authoritative tenet" (M-W)

"A fixed belief or set of beliefs that people are expected to accept without any doubts" (Cambridge Academic Content Dict.)

Soooo...I contend that the 'alternative' emerges as a challenge to the dogmas one was raised with about reality. And the problem that causes so much conflict within the 'alternative' is the fact that too much of the more vocal or leaders or "established authorities" within the community "think they think", while believing thee feedback from the more masses within the alt community that they are true "thinkers" of the "5% category"

Which some of them very well may be. The responsibility of this problem does not fall solely on them, perhaps more of it actually belongs to believers that support those ideas and/or people (authorities) that reinforce the ideas that resonate with them

I believe this whole community grew out of people disbelieving of the popular mainstream authority given dogma. And it has stagnated as very few of the people involved are able to get past their slightly more "open-minded" ideas...they get past COMMON dogma only to get stuck on a more expansive one.

People think that because they see through the obvious common lies, that the "truths" that get to can't possibly incorrect. I know, I know...YOU would never do this...but it sure seems like a lot of the issues we run into come from people doing this...and not seeing it.

Especially for self proclaimed atheists or "scientific" thinkers... as long as "belief" and "dogma" are associated only with RELIGIOUS ideas in your mind, you have difficulty in seeing any inflexibility in your own (beliefs and dogmas that you live by).

That's what really chaps my ass about all of this, it seemed blatantly obvious to me with relatively little work to see that the most empowering universal wisdom that comes out in these places are to "know thyself", which I believe is the only thing you can REALLY know, and maybe not even that completely

....But it is so frustrating when anyone who spouts that sh!t goes on to demonstrate how much they KNOW of anything else. I really think we need to be more honest with ourselves...and work on recognizing when we start feeling that it's more important to tell people (and get defensive of) WHAT we know than actually think about WHY we know it

This place is SOOO interesting and fun when you first dive, consuming all of the diverse ideas you never knew. More often than not, one finds the "anomalous" idea they have expressed, and get validation they are looking for. These are valuable things, helpful to many. But like GI JOE said to me every Saturday morning growing up: "knowing is half the battle"...the other half is KNOWING WHY YOU KNOW IT.

Herbert
13th February 2017, 18:37
Thanks for a thought provoking post worth replying to Donk. I was just becoming resigned to the fact that Facebook (which I do not belong to) has deadened most forums.

Speaking entirely from my own inner knowing which can change from one moment to the next, depending upon my open and changing inner perspective, I would say that most people have recognized that time is speeding up, and with it change is upon us. Certainly facts and faith are not the same thing and in this world of increasingly rapid change (I know this because 20 years ago I could do 4 times as many jobs on the farm in a day) I have found that belief systems are so fleeting, that it is wise to hold them lightly.

In a world where science was the one thing I could depend upon to follow a logical progression of common sense thought, it is now becoming increasingly unsettling to realise that scientists are in denial of our changing universe. So, for instance, they observed in the past that Black Holes release nothing once energy in all its forms enters the Event Horizon. However, in very recent years they have been observing that Black Holes are "messy eaters" and that they are releasing radiation which are presumably the building blocks of future suns, etc. So Instead of acknowledging that this change in observations means Black Holes are closing down (a change that has happened in our lifetime), they astonishingly disavow the change and discard the previous observations. In other words they can't even contemplate the possibility that Black Holes no longer exis and this change happened in our lifetime.

The only explanation is that scientists are not oriented to observed facts about a changing universe, they are instead stuck in faith based theories. Thee is lots of evidence pointing to this sad observation.

Another thing that is changing for all of us is the reliance on the Information Age. Technology has imposed upon us the need for change in our inner selves. We are finally realising that we cannot believe most of the information that is being presented to us from outside of ourselves. This makes it imperative that we finally recognize our own innate nature. Given all the lies and propaganda pushing us toward a technocratic humanity, we need to institute for ourselves a new intuitive age of, discernment. The need has never been greater for us to look within for the answers.

We are being told that humans cannot match the speed of thought that A.I. computers can offer us. We are redundant, is what they are really saying. We are useless eaters no longer even fit to be slaves.

So the technocracy is making science the new religion. Instead of having unshaking faith in ourselves, in our soul potential, we are having technocracy shoved down our throats as the answer to all our problems. How does the speed of a robotic mind compare to intuition, that gut feeling including human telepathy? Hell, how does it even compare to animal or plant telepathy?

If you choose Artificial Intelligence to house your soul good luck! I choose becoming Wholly Human again.

That is my purpose, and that is why I post on this forum.

Here are some links to what I have been discussing with friends.

Elon Musk: Humans must merge with machines or become irrelevant in AI age
http://www.cnbc.com/2017/02/13/elon-musk-humans-merge-machines-cyborg-artificial-intelligence-robots.html

Patrick Wood on the Trilateral Commission and Technocracy See 13:10 on the spying on the populace https://www.davidicke.com/article/397667/trilateral-commission-technocracy

https://geopolitics.co/2017/01/12/goodbye-democracy-hello-technocracy-patrick-wood/

Technocracy Rising Patrick Wood

MxSTmcwP4QI

Trilateral Commission – minions of the Velon Control over the human race; not about protecting the environment or managing a resource based economy. There is a gross ignorance of technocracy and its 1934 origin developing into the formation of trilateral commission in the 1950’s.

24/7 surveillance. Smart grid controls. Carbon rationing. Today we talk to “Technocracy Rising” author Patrick Wood about the hidden history of technocracy, the dark plan for a resource-based economy that is being pushed by the Trilateral Commission, the UN, and other globalist institutions in order to bring about a completely managed, controlled and regulated society.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/speaking-of-science/wp/2017/02/09/the-march-for-science-is-gaining-mainstream-momentum/?utm_term=.cb8dbe6aef2b
Science as the new religion

Speaking of Brave New World, Huxley is a more complex character than I imagined. Reading the Wiki entry, I was surprised to learn he worked as a Hollywood screen writer.

In a recent interview with James Tracy of Memory Hole Blog, Jan Irvin of Gnostic Media made a good case from his extensive research that Huxley was a key figure in MK Ultra, in particular in the selection of Leary for the CIA’s program to create the psychedelic culture, as was so fascinatingly explored in the documentary The Net; The Unabomber, LSD, and The Internet, which coincidentally dives right into the overall theme of technology worship (and thus Technocracy), the vision that drove young genius mathematician Kaczynski to desperate acts after having been an (unwitting) participant in an MK Ultra experiment. Comes around full circle, it seems.
Here is an eyebrow raising quote from a letter Huxley wrote to Orwell/Blair (dated October 21, 1949) to congratulate him on his book 1984:

“Within the next generation I believe that the world’s leaders will discover that infant conditioning and narco-hypnosis are more efficient, as instruments of government, than clubs and prisons, and that the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience.”

Let's not forget Facebook where people give their private information away willingly and happily, with no concern for who might be recording it for future enforcement of technocracy]

Jay Irvin’s paper Spies in Academic Clothing:
http://www.gnosticmedia.com/SpiesinAcademicClothing_MKULTRA

Fred Steeves
13th February 2017, 21:49
I believe this whole community grew out of people disbelieving of the popular mainstream authority given dogma. And it has stagnated as very few of the people involved are able to get past their slightly more "open-minded" ideas...they get past COMMON dogma only to get stuck on a more expansive one.

Bingo!

And here's another perspective on the same phenomena, I see it all over the place:

The metaphor is this is a tour bus journey up a mountain, with everyone's overriding goal being to get to the top. The bus stops every so often at the ever increasingly spectacular scenic overlooks, but the idea of course is to take in the sights for a bit, then get back on board to continue on the journey.

What tends to happen is that along the way though, one or two seem to straggle off and set up camp at each overlook. By the time the tour is nearing the peak, the bus is nearly empty because most have found a nice majestic place to fix their gaze on the coming sunset, mesmerized into taking their current elevated view as the final destination.

modwiz
13th February 2017, 22:07
Thanks for a thought provoking post worth replying to Donk. I was just becoming resigned to the fact that Facebook (which I do not belong to) has deadened most forums.

Facebook is popular because of mob rule. Being a moron with little to actually say is common on FB. In a forum you may get queried or even taken to task for letting one's mouth trade places with one's asshole. FB is a safe place (space) and facts do not matter much. Much better for snowflakes and other detail deficient people to share opinions with little grounding in an objective reality. Forums come with the "danger" of someone thoughtfully reading one's posts. I believe this is why so few members post. Either trepidation at being challenged for thoughts expressed or, of being challenged to express a thought.

Amanda
13th February 2017, 22:29
Am commenting - so as to be attached to this thread. Love love love intellectually stimulating discourse. Will return to this thread but wanted to make a comment about the aspect of 'thinking' and something that has interested me for most of my life.

Going to bed with - Sleeping With = People actually 'think' that they are referring to intimate relations. I have often pondered the fact that people do not 'think' about the words that come from their mouth. I am not judging anyone, it is a long time observation. I have entered into the phrase when younger but as I entered the awakened state and really started to 'think' properly - I learned to question everything. I learned to look at myself and my actions and thoughts and how I interact with others. I will sometimes engage in a conversation where the term, sleeping with, is used and suggest that perhaps it is the sex that is actually the crux of the situation. The reactions of people are priceless. :grin:

If people would learn to speak exactly what they mean then perhaps society would/could evolve - even a little. The other common term is 'guys' when there can be more females present than males. I prefer to utilise my thinking and intellect and cognition and all the other wonderful applications that are available to me via my brain. :scp:

One last comment on 'thinking' is about the prevalence of swearing on the worldwideweb and within society. I am at the age where I can see a distinct rise in the very public use of swear words. I have had people try to tell me swear words offer a healthy manner of expression. People try to convince me that they are 'thinking' and using their vocabulary skills. In actual fact the use of swear words can be linked to the psychopathic and narcissistic behaviours of people who do not possess that wonderful human trait titled: Empathy. :fire:

Also suggested is that people who utilise swear words and particularly those who utilise them often - are actually demonstrating their lack of vocabulary. The 'thinking' processes that we can all access have quite simply not been developed/exercised/supported/nurtured. :yoda:

Love the analogy of the bus tour Fred Steeves. The comment about facebook is very apt. I am a faceache oops facebook person but it is for a very specific reason that I utilise the account. I too can see that it has somewhat polarised social media and our ability to communicate freely. :popc:

Much Peace and Much Respect - Amanda :ninja::hugs::chrs::cool::hmm::ttr::spinning::medi tating::thup::eyebrows:

Aragorn
13th February 2017, 23:22
Bingo!

And here's another perspective on the same phenomena, I see it all over the place:

The metaphor is this is a tour bus journey up a mountain, with everyone's overriding goal being to get to the top. The bus stops every so often at the ever increasingly spectacular scenic overlooks, but the idea of course is to take in the sights for a bit, then get back on board to continue on the journey.

What tends to happen is that along the way though, one or two seem to straggle off and set up camp at each overlook. By the time the tour is nearing the peak, the bus is nearly empty because most have found a nice majestic place to fix their gaze on the coming sunset, mesmerized into taking their current elevated view as the final destination.

Yes, but in staying with that analogy, I personally see another dichotomy arising there. Some may for instance feel that they don't need or want to go to the top, and that they rather savor the view at that outpost they've chosen. I count myself among such people. I have no intention of unraveling all the mysteries of existence, and even less of becoming a godlike being. I acknowledge — and am content with acknowledging — that I don't know everything. I also don't want to know everything — and especially not if that knowledge comes at a price I'm not willing to pay. I'm not sure whether you understand what I'm trying to say, but just bear with me. :)

On the other hand — and I think that this is what both you and donk are alluding to — there are indeed those who've stepped off the bus to enjoy the view, and who think that they have already reached the top. And that situation, is of course problematic.

Even though I am very much aware of how the Islamic terrorism seen all over the western world today is mostly fabricated, the very fact that so many people adhere to Islam — with varying degrees of fanaticism — seems both ludicrous and dangerous to me. The blind adherence to Islam today — and Islam itself is now between 1'500 and 1'600 years old — is very reminiscent of the blind adherence to Catholicism when it itself was only 1'500 to 1'600 years old. Likewise, the violence of (certain) Muslims against "infidels" is reminiscent of the violence of the Catholic Church against "heretics" and "witches" during the Middle Ages.

On the other hand, the vast majority of the western population of this planet has traded in its adherence to the Abrahamic religions for allegiance to the Mammon, and this religion too, is enforced by way of violence — of a different kind, but violence it is, nevertheless.

I don't want to pin myself down on any statistics, but for the sake of argument, I'm willing to adopt the numbers that donk posted higher up. And then that, to me, only underscores the untruth of this purported "awakening" — or "ascension", whatever one wishes to interpret from that — which is supposedly going around in the world today.

Honestly, I do think that the so-called alternative community is badly deluding itself in that regard. The Powers That Be™ are The Powers That Be™, not The Powers That Were™. Not even by a long shot. The vast majority of humanity is still vast asleep, and quite happily so. They don't want to wake up, because they feel perfectly comfortable living the make-believe life they are living today.

I've already had some very heated discussions with people regarding the abolition of a scarcity-based economy, and their reactions were all very emotional. They cannot fathom a world in which there is no demand and offer, no buying and selling, and they genuinely believe that there wouldn't be any progress at all in any domain if there were no financial-economic system. We've even seen this topic being debated here on the forum during the last month or so that bsbray was still with us, and it was very clear that he loudly rejected the abolition of capitalism — this notwithstanding the fact that he himself had held a very different opinion earlier on, but I strongly suspect that it was the pro-Trump propaganda in the prelude to the elections which had managed to brainwash him. He had clearly become polarized.

Anyway, the bottom line is that, whereas I myself am concerned, I don't see anything changing anytime soon at the socio-economical level. The number of people who really are awake — even if only at this socio-economical level — is way too small to make a difference. And yes, there are protests everywhere against certain social injustices, but not against all social injustice, and some protests are themselves ridden with prejudice, narrow-mindedness, reactionary self-interest and, indeed, an agenda.

Take the refugee crisis here in Europe for instance. Yes, it was definitely a mistake to pretend that we were ready to accept such great numbers of people from a culturally very different background into our western societies with open arms — and especially if you consider that those people's cultural background was not willing to respect our own cultural background — but those who protested against the arrival of those refugees did not do this out of the wisdom that a clash of cultures would ensue. No, they did it because of the same thing that drives the anti-Hispanic protests that Donald Trump builds upon: "Those immigrants are coming to steal our jobs", "They're all terrorists/criminals", and "We don't want their kind here."

So those are protests as well, and they're not exactly driven by enlightenment or a strive for the peaceful coexistence of all peoples of the world. In other words, just because people are protesting against something doesn't make them enlightened, or even wise. One also has to keep in mind that protests are an emotional reaction, and that the more audacious the establishment pushes its plans upon the people, the more protests will arise. It's all about action and reaction. The bigger the wave you start, the bigger the returning wave will be. There's no awakening, enlightenment or ascension involved with any of that.

Of course, some of us are awake, and some of us are enlightened — although I don't know of anyone who has ascended just yet. :p But our numbers are few. All we can do is try and wake up more people, and get them to see the insanity of the system we're currently living in. And then maybe, just maybe, given enough time and enough effort, we might reach critical mass — a tipping point. But we're not there yet, and it would be presumptuous to think that we are. I don't even expect to see any major changes (for the better) occurring in the way we run society during my lifetime. But yes, maybe in 50 to 60 years, or maybe in 100 years, humanity may finally come to its senses.

To be honest, it matters very little to myself as a person anymore. What matters more to me — silly as it may sound — is that I myself am being the change I wish to see in the world. Because I cannot control the whole of society, but at the very least, I can control my own actions. Or at least, to some extent, but I don't want to get into the debate of "free will versus predestination" right now — that debate, too, is pertinent, but less important with regard to the topic of this thread.

So, are we fighting a lost cause? No, I don't believe so. But we're not quite there yet — not even by a long shot — and we have to be willing to acknowledge that. And that's just us, humanity. For all we know, The Powers That Be™ could still be starting World War III and dump us all back into the Stone Age. Because that too is still possible. The corporate globalist elite that was running the United States of Acronyms has just been taken over by the Mafia and its own expansionist, xenophobic and ultra-conservative agendas.

The way I see it, a great evil has been supplanted by another great evil. Perfectly in line with previous distractions that relied upon polarization, and thus keeping everyone in the same evolutionary boat as we already were in earlier — a barge that's still firmly anchored down and that isn't going to go anywhere anytime soon. There's no telling what's going to come down the pike in the next four to eight years, but from the smell of what's cooking in the kitchen, I don't think I'll be offering up my plate to the chef. <insert wry grin here>

Just my two Eurocents, for whatever they're worth... ;)

sandy
14th February 2017, 01:59
Wow!! Great opinions and insight that I resonate with.....IMO that is what we are........energy that resonates with the frequencies we have awakened.

Thus Know thy self really is about connecting with the frequencies within that can not be found through THOUGHT versus FEEL.

In stating that, I also then say that for most "feeling" is not COMFORTABLE unless it is thought enhancing and if it is thought enhancing then the COMFORT comes in the distraction of thinking.........and the loop CYCLES AND CYCLES!!

Humanity will evolve quickly when the value of resonating comes from the heart literally versus the brain.....that's my frequency and I'm sticking to it.:onthequite:

Greenbarry
14th February 2017, 02:58
yeah it reminds me of a time i had growing up..
sitting at the dinner table with my family.
having the famous table talk as we usually did..
out of the blue it came from nowhere and...
i just said, "SHIT"..
to this day do not know why i said that with both
my mother and my dad sitting right there..
:nails:
of course it wasnt taken easy and by bottom knew it!
over the years i have also had this happen out of the blue.
saying something that i had no clue as to why.
i do like to think about things before i stick my foot in.
doesnt always work though.

Fred Steeves
14th February 2017, 10:05
Yes , but in staying with that analogy, I personally see another dichotomy arising there. Some may for instance feel that they don't need or want to go to the top, and that they rather savor the view at that outpost they've chosen. I count myself among such people. I have no intention of unraveling all the mysteries of existence, and even less of becoming a godlike being. I acknowledge — and am content with acknowledging — that I don't know everything. I also don't want to know everything — and especially not if that knowledge comes at a price I'm not willing to pay.

I see the dichotomy you're getting at, and those examples are perfectly reasonable on the parallel rail.

Bad on me for not properly fleshing out the purpose of the bus ride, and Sandy touched on it. The journey up the mountain, is simply the journey inward towards self knowledge. Some call it The Great Work, the most arduous, most humbling journey of them all.

Dreamtimer
14th February 2017, 10:59
The Great Work. I like that. I can't even recall where I first heard know thyself. Probably my mother. She was really good at teaching (with words) good values. Unfortunately she wasn't so good at actually applying them regularly. But at least she passed them on.

Know thyself is definitely a life's work.

I have frustration when I'm speaking with someone and they start in with phrases like, "Do you listen to yourself?" Yeah, and I know exactly why I said what I said and they've missed the boat and are trying to make it about some quality of mine that I'm unaware of.:fpalm: Most of the time it's just projection and they don't even know they're doing it.

Patience seems to be a huge factor in this. Patience with oneself and others.

donk
14th February 2017, 11:45
I think one of the biggest steps we need to make in our collective emotional maturity growth is in stopping the tendancy to project motives on to others, especially toward groups of people....which means being more careful with how we say things (thanks Amanda) and breaking that huge communication loop (thanks Sandy)

Every immigrant has their own story, every Muslim their own level of belief and experience, every Facebook user their own reasons and mindfulness-level of using...every foul mouth motherf*cker their own unique life that lead up to them choosing them sh!tty words

We cling to the cycle of using generalizations to show what we KNOW about particular issues (like I am in this sentence). I try to be mindful of when I do it, as specific as possible, and qualify it with any personal experience I can...and most importantly leave open the possibility of being wrong.

Amanda
14th February 2017, 21:41
How fabulous is this thread?! Just staying with the conversation so I can follow in 'real time' whatever that is (very cheeky grin) ....

Of course what I am trying to state clearly is that, as this thread continues I want to be able to log in and keep up as the conversation/discussion/discourse/philosophical debate as it were unfolds.

Much Peace & Much Respect - Amanda

Aragorn
14th February 2017, 22:21
How fabulous is this thread?! Just staying with the conversation so I can follow in 'real time' whatever that is (very cheeky grin) ....

Of course what I am trying to state clearly is that, as this thread continues I want to be able to log in and keep up as the conversation/discussion/discourse/philosophical debate as it unfolds.

Just for the record, Amanda, you can subscribe to this thread, and then the forum engine will send you e-mail notifications on thread updates, with a link that takes you to the first unread post of the thread. Alternatively, you can also have the forum engine notify you of thread updates via the Notifications menu at the top right of the page when you sign on again.

Subscribing to a thread is easy. Just scroll up to the top of the page, and then click the Thread Tools menu, as shown here-below... ;)

http://users.telenet.be/stryder/The_One_Truth/HowTo/How_to_subscribe_to_a_thread_in_vBulletin.jpeg

:back to topic:

Amanda
15th February 2017, 03:52
Aragorn - picturing me raising my hand - Thank You Sir. (Wry knowing grin.)

Aragorn
15th February 2017, 04:27
Aragorn - picturing me raising my hand - Thank You Sir. (Wry knowing grin.)

Hmm... I was only trying to help. Among other things, that's my job. :getcoat: :hiding:

Amanda
16th February 2017, 00:14
I responded with Thanks Aragorn/Sir. Just as a polite Student would in a classroom. I think that wherever knowledge and information is shared - is a classroom. Please do not think and interpret my response as impolite - far from it. I am well aware that you are a valuable member of society as well as a valued member of theonetruth society/family/classroom. :smiley hug::smiley hug::smiley hug::smiley hug::smiley hug:

Dreamtimer
16th February 2017, 11:59
Thanks for clarifying, Amanda. I thought you meant something like a high five or salute. I didn't get the impression you had a problem.

Aragorn does great work and he's well needed.:tiphat:

Amanda
16th February 2017, 21:31
Thinking. Deep critical thinking is probably the most important aspect of our evolvment/development/growth - how say you? As a Teacher I like to explain to Students how their brain works and they love it. The education system seems to skip right past the fact our human brain is a wonderful natural computer.

I like to explain the fundamentals to Students - such as; the electrical impulse that travels through the neurons - jumps over the synapse and connects to the other side and voila - message received. I also like to explain that the human brain is much like a muscle and will become stronger and work more effectively - the more it is exercised/used/engaged with and the Students love to learn about that aspect.

Creating an image of how wonderful the human brain is - I will describe it as starting with a jungle where the Student needs to forge a path. Next the path will become not unlike a road and before you know it there is a four lane highway with traffic (neural messages) flowing safely in all directions with traffic entering from both sides - just like a super highway. It works because the Students seem to come alive as I help them to understand their own brain.

Linking thinking to the four (but not limited to) major modes of thinking also keeps them interested. Literal Thinking - Lateral Thinking - Critical Thinking - Creative Thinking. The current education system relies primarily on the Literal Thinking Mode; where the Teacher and even the most passionate teachers engage in this pedagogy (academic meta language for: Teaching Method) whereby the information/lesson is written on a blackboard or whiteboard or printed onto a page. Students learn to remember information and then in an exam they can show how they can 'recall' information.

Stimulating conversation is the best way to get a lethargic brain into second gear and so on and so forth. I envision a Global Society that is engaged in a critical conversation - one where questions are asked over and over until we find answers and also creative conversation. Creative Thinking is where we problem solve.

That is all for now - thinking about what I will do next. :fire::unity::scp::Knight::grin:: Sherlock::hugs::chrs::cool::popc::eyebrows::getcoa t::belief::group hug::holysheep::thup:

Fred Steeves
16th February 2017, 21:52
Stimulating conversation is the best way to get a lethargic brain into second gear and so on and so forth. I envision a Global Society that is engaged in a critical conversation - one where questions are asked over and over until we find answers and also creative conversation. Creative Thinking is where we problem solve.

That reminds me of my favorite Thomas Jefferson quote:

Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call to her tribunal every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blindfolded fear.

Dreamtimer
16th February 2017, 22:05
Well spake.:ht:

donk
17th February 2017, 11:09
It seems so simple, that infinite worlds and possibilities would open if only we all could fearlessly critically think about how our brains (and therefore our thought and emotions) actually worked.

You say you are thinking about what you will do next...I believe that to mean "on the bigger level"...cuz on the personal, individual level it already sounds like you are finding successful ways to practically resolve the issue in your day-to-day world.

That's what I like to think I'm doing here, trying to share lessons from my personal experience of me trying things on a personal level. It is nice to have a platform where such disparate experiences are represented and compared and conversed about.

How to project "upward" to the species level this important "discovery" we have found on the individual level? That's where the idea of thi being a "prison planet" appeals...not being reptilitian (or any other kind of) ETs, we re prisoners of the horrid idea that we're emotionally and mentally mature enough once we "grow up"...we get locked into the thinking that the most important thing is "being right" about pieces of information we receive or perceptions we have of the world that we get from distortingly intense emotional lenses.

Herbert
17th February 2017, 15:09
How to project "upward" to the species level this important "discovery" we have found on the individual level? That's where the idea of there being a "prison planet" appeals...not being reptilitian (or any other kind of) ETs, we re prisoners of the horrid idea that we're emotionally and mentally mature enough once we "grow up"...we get locked into the thinking that the most important thing is "being right" about pieces of information we receive or perceptions we have of the world that we get from distortingly intense emotional lenses.

We know from research that not all thought is localized, but emotions of the right brain do seem to be energetically linked to the central nervous system of our bodies, and as you say Donk, emotions do interfere with clear thinking. I have proven for my own satisfaction through use of the ‘Giveaway’ that there is a definite link between our central nervous system and writing, which sends signals up the arm to the central nervous system. This is why the Giveaway is a very simple way to remove emotional energy blocks. There are other methods but this one seems to be the most straight-forward. Anyone who uses it for a few weeks definitely notices an impressive change in their dreams and their waking energy.

As you clear away these emotional blocks your aura clears and, as you are probably aware, your energetic aura can stretch out a long way from your physical body depending upon your physical and emotional health. Your aura is what energetically influences other people and the collective. Some animals like dogs can feel your aura immediately when you walk into a room. This is true of most animals including cows and horses but dogs are best known for this ability.

A lot of people have so much emotional trauma that they are unconscious of this energetic link we have to each other. The more clearing you have done on your emotional blocks and hence your aura, the more positive energetic influence you have on the people around you. No words need be spoken. The character Jesus portrayed in the bible, whether real or imagined, had this kind of influence on people. They could feel truth through the influence of his expanded aura – free from emotional impediments.

Memories and emotions are strongly linked. This is why our past has such a strong, but often unconscious, emotional influence on our thinking. The physical brain only contains up to 3 months of memory. Longer term memory is stored in the DNA of every cell. This is why someone can ask you a question about the past and you say you have no memory of that. But after you have slept on it for maybe a week, you suddenly remember it very clearly. That memory is being retrieved through your DNA, and delayed memory is most noticeable in the elderly. Their brains don’t remember it but their DNA does. ‘Junk DNA’ contains, among other things, memories of past lives.

Now I have said that thoughts are not strictly localised to the brain. This gets into imagination and would require a much longer and well thought out explanation which perhaps others on this forum would be better able to provide . I think we also need to get into the left and right hemisphere of the brain in terms of logical word-based mind and heart feeling-based mind, the latter being of the greatest intelligence because it is love oriented. This is why bi-polar disease can be so devastating. People who suffer from this are unable to express or even relate to love.

The left brain learns to translate feelings of the right brain into words (sometimes it takes a long while as we know there is something there that we are vaguely feeling but it takes going within to find what it is you want to express - a new scientific theory for example).

There was an ideal time in the distant past when humans were telepathic and did not need words to communicate with each other. Every thought came through as a feeling to to the one(s) it was directed at, and they understood immediately - there were no misunderstandings because thoughts and feelings were intertwined through telepathy and there was no limit to distance or location. This is our goal and this is what we are talking about now. It is attainable.

Amanda
18th February 2017, 00:37
Herbert - Wonderful words. You have inspired me to join in ...

I think that Creative Thinking is very difficult for some people. Creative Thinking is where we problem solve. It stems primarily from the fact that we are creative in and by our very nature. When we visualise an exercise and then actively engage in the activity - all may not go as we had visualised thus we tackle problems as we go. Some people may refer to Creative Thinking as Divergent Thinking.

You describe so beautifully the difficult nature of the life of a person with Bipolar - sadly what you write is so true. Psychopaths and Narcissists lack empathy and are known to be pathological liars - all these negative traits deny the human the ability to 'knit' together that which the rest of us do.

Mentioning the 'Left' and 'Right' brain I read about the interconnectedness of the two hemispheres and decided to experiment. I am for all intents and purposes a right handed person so I thought to myself: I will try to use my left hand more than I do and see what happens. I started with small tasks such as brushing my teeth. After awhile I felt changes - good ones. Of course once I stopped drinking tap water (containing Sodium Fluoride) my mind opened up to me - in ways I had never imagined.

Just my thoughts for the moment, stimulated by the fabulous comments being shared. What shall I do next? Donk - I will think about and act on my thoughts just as you so aptly described.

johnjen325
18th February 2017, 06:12
My piece of the 3.141593… π :hmm:

For me there seem to be a few 'related' concepts that not only reinforce each other but help fill in our individual take on 'the big picture' (Know Thyself).

Remembering, believing, intent, experience, wisdom, our minds knowing with its analytic prowess and resultant understanding, and our hearts intuitive (native) knowing, which we can also experience as feeling.

These all contribute to our ongoing and increasing awareness of who, what, and where, we 'are' (Know Thyself).
This process of knowing thyself is an ongoing journey/adventure with no end insight, but with many many diversions and alternative paths to explore (rabbit holes).

And it seems rather obvious we (as in ALL) are undergoing a reality (both observable and obscured) wide upgrade from the inside out and the outside in.
This upgrade process, is, in a a word, HUGE.

We are to a certain extent playing 'catchup' with ourselves, our relationships with each other, and our expanding awareness of what constitutes 'reality'.

This is a recipe for an expanding awareness of all of the above.
Which can provide a vector or pointer which is 'aiming' in a particular direction, namely Know Thyself from the inside out and the outside in, with 'Us' smack dab in the middle.

And it is interesting to note that this shift in our perception and awareness of 'Us' is perhaps one of, if not THE most significant change/shift, we will experience.

As I see it this will give entirely new meaning/understanding/wisdom to Know(ing) Thyself, and on entirely 'new' levels, but really is just 'Us' being able to remember,
Who, What, Where we truly ARE.

This dovetails well into the recent resurgence of the awareness of, and that, I AM,
to the extent that…

I AM, WHO?
I AM, WHAT?
I AM, WHERE?

And so it goes.

JJ

Herbert
20th February 2017, 22:14
Yes we have many distractions being thrown at us these days in the form of rabbit holes. There is a game being played. It's important that we avoid those temptations where we can become hopelessly lost in any one of them. David Wilcock is a perfect example of someone who has made that mistake.

Speaking from my own perspective, we can implement our own creative imagination using D. Feminine faith in our own creative powers while at the same time recognizing and being aware of the observed D. Masculine facts (The Technocracy Rising agenda and roll out) through our discerning minds.

This is balance between the divine feminine and divine masculine, between our ability to create the future through believing in ourselves and our grounded body’s physical awareness of reality.

These two ways of looking at the world are not really a case of either/or, they are about balance. It takes both fact and faith to change the world. Staying alert and aware of the machinations (technocracy rising agenda) going on is important but be careful you are not creating the technocracy agenda by looking for their next move like the land grab. Your expectations should always be that they are doomed to failure, that this is the time of human kind taking back our power. All the energies of the Earth, the Sun and the other planets are aligned with us while the elite 1% serve the purpose of reminding us of our goal.

As we begin to realise inroads we must continue to remember that we need to focus on our inward changes in attitude and perspective. It seems there is no end to the changes we must undergo in our thinking. Without change there can be no awakening.

The divine masculine (physical need for constant change and explanation or understanding of the mechanics in the process) and the divine feminine (creative, intuitive guidance which is driven by love, as compassionate knowing through empathic resonance) in each of us, work hand in hand. They are not a division but rather a balance.

So taking my cue from johnjen325:

I AM an accomplished creator

I AM a peacemaker

I AM a healer

I AM love --------Spirit----eternal essence from source -------------------------Divine F.

I AM change-----Body-----physical experience in this solar system-----------------------Divine M.

I AM balance----Mind----infinite multidimensional soul consciousness in this universe--Androgynous

These 3 parts are becoming ONE as we reintegrate to become Wholly Human. What we have gained is Wisdom.

Our experiences here on Earth have made us MANY IN ONE.

WE are uniquely ourselves. Each individual has their own recognizable energetic resonant frequency.

Changing our collective human values is the challenge.

Fred Steeves
21st February 2017, 01:38
Your expectations should always be that they are doomed to failure, that this is the time of human kind taking back our power. All the energies of the Earth, the Sun and the other planets are aligned with us while the elite 1% serve the purpose of reminding us of our goal.

Us & Them, is that what the fighting's all about?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGwtXfIH3bc

Aianawa
23rd February 2017, 23:17
Been awaiting a time to download this thread, day off and very much enjoying, eager student saying ta :tea:

donk
25th February 2017, 15:57
The other side of this coin, I think, is the ability to believe our own lies. Some people don't seem to be able to be told that a thought they demonstrate that they want people (and themselves) to believe (that they believe) is self destructive or contradictory to other thoughts they project about themselves

I guess delivery is important, which requires honest empathy. I'm working on it

donk
26th February 2017, 15:45
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTbKwj9UJt4

Watching (half) this video got me thinking about this train of thought

This dude does an amazing, unconvential "scientific" exploration. It's unconventional in that it is just raw data, he records his walk down what he believes the camera shows is proof that the river is artificial. You can say want about his running commentary, I find it important but maybe you'd think it'd be more "sciencey" without his stream consciousness...ah well, to each their own. He leaves the "human" element...even (several) shot as his biggest critic...I find all that informative, take that as you will.

Then about halfway through he applies his (sure, probably believable to a lot of peeps here...but still) OUT THERE speculation...heh, which kinda give me an argument for SOME editing. I think it's great he shares his wild speculation, and maybe it is edited out of anything he tries to "submit" to the authorities of official science-ness...but at this thing stands, all he does is give critics ammo to dismiss the whole first half, which to me showed clear photographic evidence of something worth exploring.

So that's one thought....the actual speculation itself is unrelated. He thinks the not only is the asteroid belt exploded "Tiamat"...he drops the doozy that maybe the great 40 day biblical flood was the water from the exploded planet "falling on earth". I dunno, maybe Tiamat had SOOOOO much water that a bunch (or all) would be somehow drawn to planet earth (maybe he thinks water on mars is from there too?? I dunno).

It just REALLY bugged me. A scientist doing research then dropping this speculation that shows that he has NO concept of the size of "space" or he has some idea he's not sharing that planets would be some sort of magnet for water....right???

I dunno...setting aside the actual far-out idea, to me it triggered the idea how we never ask right the questions (collectively). The "alternative" emerged addressing some of the intriguing ideas, which often get captured with FAR OUT sh!t. 911 research rarely goes into how the eff a plane could have gotten to the Pentagon in the HOUR it took to get there from the time one of the towers fell. The moon landing denial argument rarely stays focused on the one point that why hasn't anyone else gone (since our perfect missions back in '69), you'd think we could get there with NO previous data, that anyone could get there with what was learned...and what should be getting learned by the hundreds of satellites that SHOULD be up there collecting data and high res photos.

We've been conditioned to accept the level of "mystery" the information authorities force upon us. No one denies there was more to the JFK story than a lone gunman...but somehow most people accept that we can't given any answers.

Perhaps the way we are taught history is a key part of the programming. We are given usually only ONE authoratative perspective of an event the authority decided is important. And are literally graded on "knowing" that information and judged by how much of we accurately parrot (and believe, i guess?). It seems that science uses this same technique on anything it can't actually explain with it's own scientific method (Big Bang, ancient tech--pyramids and such--creation, climate change). Dogma becomes instilled, and questioning it becomes "whack-a-doo crazy". It's crazy how easily manipulated our thinking is

I dunno, just my rambling Sunday morning thoughts...