PDA

View Full Version : Politically Correct?

Dreamtimer
12th January 2017, 16:12
Politically Correct?

The first time I ever heard about PC was when the book Politically Correct Fairy Tales came out. We passed it around at the holidays and it was funny. After that, things got weird.

It started with my mother telling me, “You can’t say that, it’s not PC.” There was no specific thing wrong with what I said and my reaction was essentially, yes I can and yes I will. This went on for a few years. People telling me I can’t say things because they’re ‘not PC’. Here’s the thing, it was consistently conservatives saying this to me. Liberals weren’t policing my speech, conservatives were. And no one seemed to really know where this PC stuff came from.

I never heard it directly connected to ‘cultural marxism’ until very recently. This cultural marxism is a well developed theory, like evolution, but it is not hard fact. It is being treated as such, and with a potentially dangerous fervor.

It’s said to have started with the Frankfurt School. Here’s some stuff from the Schiller Institute:

“The cultural shift away from the Renaissance ideas that built the modern world, was due to a kind of freemasonry of ugliness. In the beginning, it was a formal political conspiracy to popularize theories that were specifically designed to weaken the soul of Judeo-Christian civilization in such a way as to make people believe that creativity was not possible, that adherence to universal truth was evidence of authoritarianism, and that reason itself was suspect. This conspiracy was decisive in planning and developing, as means of social manipulation, the vast new sister industries of radio, television, film, recorded music, advertising, and public opinion polling.”

“Our universities, the cradle of our technological and intellectual future, have become overwhelmed by Comintern-style New Age “Political Correctness.””

“And, a new Dark Age is exactly what we are in. In such situations, the record of history is unequivocal: either we create a Renaissance—a rebirth of the fundamental principles upon which civilization originated—or, our civilization dies.”

“The single, most important organizational component of this conspiracy was a Communist think tank called the Institute for Social Research (I.S.R.), but popularly known as the Frankfurt School.”

"The Frankfurt School devised the "authoritarian personality" profile as a weapon to be used against its political enemies. The fraud rests on the assumption that a person's actions are not important; rather, the issue is the psychological attitude of the actor..."

(Hmmm…wasn't I being offered psychological profiles of liberals? Why yes, I was.)

"In 1970, forty years after he first proclaimed the importance of Bachofen's theory, the Frankfurt School's Erich Fromm surveyed how far things had developed. He listed seven "social-psychological changes" which indicated the advance of matriarchism over patriarchism:

One from the list: "The vision of the consumer paradise.... In this vision, technique assumes the characteristics of the Great Mother, a technical instead of a natural one, who nurses her children and pacifies them with a never-ceasing lullaby (in the form of radio and television)."

(Looks like they made good use of the capitalist system to institute their communist plans…)

There is a fellow named Lind (http://www.dailykos.com/story/2016/10/27/1587418/-Trump-Met-Author-Who-Helped-Inspire-Al-Qeada-Strategy-Behind-9-11-Terrorist-Attacks)...

"In Lind’s vision, Fourth Generation Warfare is a way for non-state actors, such as terrorist groups or insurgencies, to engage and even eventually defeat state powers.

4GW is form of asymmetric conflict that blurs civilian/combatant distinctions and uses a wide range of methods, from violence to PR and propaganda. The key aim, above all, is to contest the moral legitimacy of the state, so as to win loyalty of a target population.

Thus, one classic 4GW tactic is to try to goad the enemy state power into doing something stupid.

Al-Qeada’s September 11, 2001 attacks led to the U.S. invasion of Afghanistan, the longest war in America’s history, and the disastrous invasion and occupation of Iraq, which has in turn led to the rise of ISIS and the destabilization of neighboring Syria."

"On page 39 following a several page explanation, in detail, of the “cultural Marxism” conspiracy theory, The Next Conservatism refers readers to the URL of a free book on the website of the Free Congress Foundation, “Political Correctness: A Short History of an Ideology” – the very 2004 book plagiarized in Anders Behring Breivik’s political manifesto.

Following Anders Behring Breivik’s 2011 terrorist attack, that 2004 Free Congress Foundation book disappeared from the Free Congress Foundation’s website."

Lind and his work have been quite influential. For example, he inspired Norwegian Anders Breivik whose manifesto was a direct derivation:

"From pages 11 to 37, Breivik’s manifesto reproduces the core of the Free Congress Foundation book (pages 4-51) edited by William S. Lind – whose introductory chapter by Lind, “What is Political Correctness”, Breivik lifted almost unchanged."

Here's the final solution:

“The way out is to create a Renaissance. If that sounds grandiose, it is nonetheless what is needed. A renaissance means, to start again; to discard the evil, and inhuman, and just plain stupid, and to go back, hundreds or thousands of years, to the ideas which allow humanity to grow in freedom and goodness. Once we have identified those core beliefs, we can start to rebuild civilization."

(Going back hundreds of years will put me right back into being property. No thank you, sir.)

"The principles through which Western Judeo-Christian civilization was built, are now no longer dominant in our society; they exist only as a kind of underground resistance movement. If that resistance is ultimately submerged, then the civilization will not survive."

These are some of the most dangerous words. The underground heroes are the only ones who can save the country. The only true patriots. The rest of us should just be eliminated.

And that turns out to be just the plot in Lind's book, Victoria: A Novel of Fourth Generation Warfare. Here's some of the plot. It just might sound familiar...

"...details how, starting in 2016, former U.S. military members help launch a long-term insurgency in which predominantly white, Christian militia insurgents eventually topple the U.S. federal government and establish in its place smaller, ethnically segregated nation-states.

Lind’s militia insurgents carry out mass ethnic cleansing. Puerto Ricans are forced onto boats and shipped back to Puerto Rico. The insurgents force African-American families with children out of cities into forced sharecropping on white farmlands in the country. On page 464, one of Lind’s heroes describes,

“sources of disorder were given the option to repent or die. The biggest source of disorder had been the blacks...”
In order to quell a black nationalist uprising in Atlanta, Lind’s heroes vaporize the center of the city with a tactical nuclear weapon. A lone wolf pilot finishes off the remnants of federal leadership with a kamikaze suicide plan attack.

“Cultural Marxist” university professors at the center of the communist plot to promote American cultural degeneracy are lured to an event at Dartmouth and stabbed to death with Roman short swords while monks chant the Dies Irae during the massacre.

Towards the close of the novel, Lind’s protagonists launch a second crusade against the Islamic nations of the Earth."

(Remember when Bush was saying we were on a crusade? I do.)

Here’s a snippet from an online diary from this week (before the election),

“The discussion started out simply enough: He assumed that I, as a veteran, would vote for Donald Trump. That was the last somewhat sane thing he said. Before I could escape, he unleashed a frightening statement (paraphrased here, but this is the general gist of the conversation):‘Hillary Clinton is not winning, the polls are lies, and we as Americans have the right to form a well-organized militia and forcefully remove the government as it is stated in the Bill of Rights. You remember that if this election is stolen from Donald J. Trump.’”

So, what? We had a 4GW ramping up made of underground patriot groups who really were going to “take the country back”? The diarist quoted above did not actually believe that.

But perhaps the Federal government was preparing for such a possibility? It could explain a lot of stuff people had been seeing in terms of weapons, trains, camps, etc.

When I wake from the illusion I hope I will have learned well.

aKnightThatSaysNi
14th January 2017, 17:05
I apologize but I have been living in the woods for most my life.

Didn't the Republic die in 1913?

Didn't Capitalism end in 1971?

Aragorn
14th January 2017, 17:11

I'm afraid we cannot accept your apology at present time. You must bring us a shrubbery first. :p

aKnightThatSaysNi
14th January 2017, 17:50
I'm afraid we cannot accept your apology at present time. You must bring us a shrubbery first. :p

That is fair, I will return with a shrubbery

https://images.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fs-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com%2F736x%2F43%2F79%2Fc2%2F4379c28722e 93c45d3852dc451427d7f.jpg&f=1

I have a hard time with these labels, People seem to use Capitalism for everything, I wish there was a name I could use for Capitalism cause I don't think Capitalism is as bad as Capitalism. :)

I hope I am not wrong but I don't see Trump as going to this extreme and there are some things that I don't necessarily see wrong with the entire post.

Obviously the racism is awful but I don't see Trump as being racist. Using some form of race baiting to his advantage, maybe, but didn't we see that in our current POTUS. Didn't he just screw over the Cubans?

I also don't think anyone is worried about Cultural Marxist professors anymore; but I do know of at least one Communist professor that is sick and tired of the social justice warrior movement in universities.

All radical neocons and radical Zionists, on the right and the left want to start a second crusades. There are thousands of theories on why and I am sure depending on which one you talk to, they are all true. I do not see Trump as one of them, but I could be wrong. It seems he may have been the best option to stay away from that line of thinking but i don't know, I was in the woods.

“We as Americans have the right to form a well-organized militia and forcefully remove the government as it is stated in the Bill of Rights."

This part of the guy's statement is true, unfortunately for him, I don't think Trump would agree with him now that he is the government.

... ramping up made of underground patriot groups who really were going to “take the country back” ...

If you look at gun (legal) sales, this may already be true for a long time. It's not just in Red states

I guess I just don't understand the 'fear of Trump' but it seems like I heard most of it 8 years ago. I just hope he gets rid of some of the bullshit, but I doubt it will be 'terrific'

modwiz
14th January 2017, 18:34
Talk about shrubberies. I find it almost impossible to find an adult woman with a shrubbery anymore. Sculpted lawns don't get it either. Politically incorrect enough? :fpalm:

Dreamtimer
15th January 2017, 01:04
I've heard some women discuss being 'smooth as a six-year-old' which I was unable to respond to. I just can't think of an appropriate response to something like that. I'm not going to remove my hair or sweat glands. I also have grey hairs mixing in and so far no problem.

My OP was written before the election and I edited it only slightly before posting. I'm going to share some more because I'm disturbed by the fact that these people who are concerned about the 'cultural marxism' are also talking about the evils of equality.

Let me repeat that, equality is not something they want. This country was founded on equality.

The very lively 'conversation' between bsbray and myself was filled with references to 'cultural marxism'. To him, and by deduction many others, it's still very important.

I'm not personally afraid of Trump. Fear is not the right emotion. Serious, grave concern is better.

And I am relieved that I don't have to endure years of a Hillary hate-fest. I'm so sick of it. It doesn't make us stronger.

Gio
15th January 2017, 01:21

Didn't the Republic die in 1913?

Didn't Capitalism end in 1971?

Note ...

'The Republic of the United States' was pretty much over (finished) during the aftermath
years of The Civil War by 1871 into 1872 ...

The United States Isn't a Country
— It's a Corporation (http://www.serendipity.li/jsmill/us_corporation.htm)

PS ~ Which makes Donald J. Trump ~ The new CEO of such
which in a way is kind of ironic ... :)

aKnightThatSaysNi
15th January 2017, 12:06
My OP was written before the election and I edited it only slightly before posting. I'm going to share some more because I'm disturbed by the fact that these people who are concerned about the 'cultural marxism' are also talking about the evils of equality.

The very lively 'conversation' between bsbray and myself was filled with references to 'cultural marxism'. To him, and by deduction many others, it's still very important.

If it was done before the election, there is no mention of that in the OP or why it was reposted. Unless we put everyone in cages, we will never have "equality". Equality is not something that can be achieved without taking from others and even then it will not stay equal.

I am not sure why bsbray was concerned, but the only place where I would expect to see "cultural Marxism" or any Marxism for the matter would be among college professors who have never worked a real job in their life and live in their little bubble world.

Well if you are going to put it that way, I guess he has a lot of experience and is qualified. Though it seems to me based on the last 100 years, the only real qualification is to be a narcissist and a sociopath, which also seems to fit DT.

Gio
15th January 2017, 12:40

Well if you are going to put it that way, I guess he has a lot of experience and is qualified. Though it seems to me based on the last 100 years, the only real qualification is to be a narcissist and a sociopath, which also seems to fit DT.

Yes and since you qualified him in such a way ...
You most definitely will not get a disparaging word from me there ...

While noting some here believe he is the perfect catalyst type to make real change occur ...

Though i am currently really doubting it all, i am resigned to still be a (hopeful) realist kind of guy.

giggle :)