Magnitude
M 7.5

Region
SOUTH ISLAND OF NEW ZEALAND

Date time
2016-11-13 11:02:55.2 UTC

Depth
10 km

More... (http://www.emsc-csem.org/Earthquake/earthquake.php?id=545040)

Gio
13th November 2016, 10:48
Wow

https://img.rt.com/files/2016.11/original/58284ee2c461882f2e8b458c.jpg

Powerful earthquake strikes near Christchurch in New Zealand (http://www.thejournal.ie/earthquake-2-3079676-Nov2016/)

Aianawa
13th November 2016, 11:34
Luckey me, driving over the strike zone as it happened, just arrived home, was a goodie but little damage and no loss of life atm.

Aianawa
13th November 2016, 18:24
Just hearing, two dead Kaikoura way, little to no damage in Christchurch but we just spent the last 5 hours on the port hills due to tsunami sirens going off.

Elen
13th November 2016, 18:39
Just hearing, two dead Kaikoura way, little to no damage in Christchurch but we just spent the last 5 hours on the port hills due to tsunami sirens going off.

When I saw the velocity of 7.5 I nearly flipped over, Aianawa...have you heard anything from Nothing?

modwiz
13th November 2016, 18:47
10 km depth. This was not Mother Nature. The Patrix has been busy. Italy was also smacked by such an EQ. Looks like they may need certain solar conditions for an assist. Many a Suspicious Observer video shows these EQs in areas under some influence by the Sun. Planetary alignments also effect the yields of hydrogen bombs.

Aianawa
13th November 2016, 20:21
When I saw the velocity of 7.5 I nearly flipped over, Aianawa...have you heard anything from Nothing?

No, am aware of two fellow kiwi members digs, one up north and one in north Canterbury, unsure which was Nothings.

Aianawa
13th November 2016, 20:58
Oh, north Canterbury was where the big 7.5 was, so be nice to here from them

Aianawa
13th November 2016, 21:09
10 km depth. This was not Mother Nature. The Patrix has been busy. Italy was also smacked by such an EQ. Looks like they may need certain solar conditions for an assist. Many a Suspicious Observer video shows these EQs in areas under some influence by the Sun. Planetary alignments also effect the yields of hydrogen bombs.

There is much I could reply with, we see the sun first in NZ, also we are in the middle of the south island a release point, south island is known as the waka ( boat ), the two treasures of those within the waka are kept at front and middle of waka, the moari in their myth/story have the anchore at wrong end of waka ( ancrore is known as stewert island ), all ties in, anyway my partner was a messy girl to deal with yesterday, tough work, grumpy as such, she had two friends, one in wellington (also hit by quake) and other in CHCH, both were in the same emotional release place as such, they both awake aware and strong consciousness also, so the potential for big quake was high in retrospect. The supermoon has had detractors of late which is interesting as they are very very important imo in the scheme of happenings.

sandy
14th November 2016, 04:05
Good to hear you are okay Aianawa along with those from other regions of NZ...Blessings of safety to all :smiley hug:

Gio
14th November 2016, 05:29
Good to hear you are okay Aianawa along with those from other regions of NZ...Blessings of safety to all :smiley hug:

I'll second that, a very dear friend and family live on the South Island ...
Wonderful people living on a very beautifully precious part of our world.

:group hug:

Gio
14th November 2016, 05:56
Note this news coverage contains lots of photos and accounts ...

Residents forced to flee huge 'wall of water' after earthquake causes major New Zealand
river to break its banks - as experts warn of ANOTHER huge tremor (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3933112/New-Zealand-earthquake-Massive-6-3-magnitude-aftershock-hits-hours-7-8-earthquake-killed-two-people.html)

enjoy being
14th November 2016, 06:12
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kzJmKN1PtU

It wasn't until I arrived at work today and was told by others that I found out there had been this earthquake, I live nearer to the top of NZ so never felt a thing.. though some up here claim to have!
I saw some of the footage this evening and managed to find a clip of one of the bits that was amazing. There was footage of a wider shot of this area with the cow tower, well I think it was of the area... it showed a grassy slope of about 4 acres at least probably 15 or 20, and the whole once lush green slope was all crackled into deep ravines with grass top towers.. so like where the cows are, but a massive area of it.

Kaikoura, the best place in NZ to site the whales... Irony abounds when you consider those who believe the whale does ultrasound work for Gaia and could be said to have gone on strike.
It is also the northern intersecting point of the shelf of land called the Canterbury plains.. some viewers have each given separate visions involving up to25% of the South Island going under water in future earth changes. This is seen as being likely the area of the plains. I see this as another step closer with the severing of connection now at this point.
Glad you are okay Ai, knew you were South Island only and spared a thought a few times today.

Quite concerned for the morale of people down there. There's a lot of pain still from Christchurch, stuff I see, mainly highlighting how well people actually hide their stress and pain.

Aianawa
14th November 2016, 06:44
Yes, been an emotional day, past was remembered, shook many, I feel absolutely honoured by spirit/universe, I believe as we become awakened beings, raise our soul suit high and mind knowing, that we become walking conduits for anchoring above and below, spirit placed us in the epicentre as such during the 7.5 EQ, so early on Monday morn, we decided to leave Karemea at 6 in evening, unplanned, meant the young one would sleep mostly on return to CHCH, we were very tired and changed driving seat often because mountain driving in NZ can be tough at nite, to arrive back in CHCH and put wee one to bed, catch up on the EQ's to then have the Tsanami sirens start blasting, get young one up and ffs had to go to nearest high ground on nearby port hills and slept in my works car park, work on port hills, there were hundreds of cars spread everywhere there, took turns looking after young one today while other slept, got day off work today though lol. Good to know your safe Nothing.

Elen
14th November 2016, 06:51
I am so glad you're OK, you've been traveling a bit Nothing, so I had no idea where you were at the time. Be safe all you Kiwis! :smile2:

enjoy being
14th November 2016, 06:57
Another story had a coastal town sitting wondering when their sea was going to come back. It was high tide, yet rocks pointed out over on a point, were said to be underwater even at normal low tide, these rocks looked to be about 1m-1.5m above the water at high tide.

Two deaths, one a heart attack, the other was an old stone homestead collapse. There were two people trapped in the house, an elderly man who had lived in the house for 60 years, and his 100 year old mother. The man's wife managed to escape. The elderly mother was rescued alive. The images show basically a mound of stone blocks where the house was with a small number of partial walls partially standing. How anyone survived that let alone a 100 year old is amazing.
I find it all a bit odd. Some thing odd about it. Bit like the first Christchurch one.
Actually a seismic guy interviewed said it was quite a complex tremor. It started in one spot and eventually involved 100km of fault lines firing in different areas over the 2MIN! shake.

Aianawa, WOW that is a great blessing to be treated to. Sometimes those words of warning are so softly spoken and unassuming.

Thanks Elen, I was living in Wellington for a few years back in 2011-13. It was hard as the whole time I could sense driving around the CBD a feeling of "what will happen there one day". It was like I was travelling back in time experiencing the old Wellington before it was destroyed.. although it hasn't happened yet. I was glad when my job finished and I haven't been back since. It is a place that is hard to exit, one road over a hill pretty much, into a port basin with houses perched on winding step hills. The place is a trap where if the one today hit right on Wellington, you might find all the buildings slide down into the middle in a big burning heap and then washed away in the tsunami, leaving maybe even only 1/4 of the 'material' of the city.

^sorry that's slightly extreme, the place has that potential but I think I am still showing symptoms of earthquakeitis and getting a wee bit dramatic. But only by a small amount!

Aianawa
16th November 2016, 18:30
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-daJalr724