PDA

View Full Version : Bad Machines

Fred Steeves
14th September 2013, 21:53
What is a "bad machine", and who makes this designation? Remember the supposed "bad machine" from the movie "Midnight Express"? He knows he's not a bad machine, but if you're told that enough from other *self important* bad machines, it can be quite convincing. It's also mind control...

If you're walking the circle the "right" way, in unison with all the other bad machines, then it almost makes you a good machine and everyone's happy, but not really. All you're doing is fitting in with other machines who have given up to make life "easier", but at what cost? Your sanity? Your soul? Your...?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shlBZZ-IQYY

If you want to know what kind of a machine you really are, then you have to walk the circle any way you see fit. No matter what...It ain't easy, you'll get pushed around, and it's a lonely walk. But, what machine ran free from that Turkish prison at the end of that movie? Hint: The one who insisted on walking the "wrong" way, and the one who kept that fire alive inside.

Cheers,

Fred

Ineffable Hitchhiker
14th September 2013, 22:08
"The factory knows, thatīs why they put you here"..
"I know because I am from the factory. I make the machines"
....... quotes from that snip.
Hmmmm, all is manufactured.
The "machine" :- our thoughts, our emotions, situations.
I wonder, do we consciously get ourselves into situations to "test" ourselves?

lookbeyond
14th September 2013, 22:56
Hi Fred, i think a lot of people choose to follow because they have not developed/evolved to the point of being able to tolerate aloneness, their pack mentality is alive and well, that is what keeps them strong. I feel unless we break free from this fear and be a "bad machine" we do not evolve to the next level, this is about going outside the comfort zone and actually walking the walk- some cant even say what they truly think out loud for their fear of not "fitting in"- but thats where they are at and they will stay there until they actively choose to believe in themselves and take the risk, its not that scary and its worth it for self respect, lookbeyond

Moonlight
14th September 2013, 23:20
Hey Fred, That part of the movie Midnight Express has stayed with me ever since I saw it... a long time ago. Anytime I find myself going against the current, and that seems to happen a lot, I think of this scene, and remember that's the way out of the programming.

Anyway, I don't believe that there are good or bad machines. We're all in this together. Some follow the leader, others don't. Please don't consider yourself a bad machine... I hold you in high esteem. You're a good man.

Love,

Ginette

Tonz
15th September 2013, 03:31
bad machine!,bad bad!, they can keep trying to call us bad machines,but it wont work forever, as we are not designed for it.