Thread: ALERT: Check Your Water Lately?

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,746 Times in 571 Posts

Exclamation ALERT: Check Your Water Lately?

Recently I caught wind of an alarming study in the UNITED STATES revealing high levels of Chromium-6 in water across the country. Remember Erin Brockovich?
    "After Brockovich uncovered chromium-6 pollution in Hinkley, residents filed a class-action lawsuit that Pacific Gas and Electric Company, or PG&E, settled in 1996 for a record $333 million. The case pushed California legislators to pass a law calling for regulators to set an enforceable drinking water standard. The law set a 2004 deadline for the regulation, but it was delayed by a PG&E-backed scheme."

Chromium-6 can occur naturally, but it is also"manufactured for use in steel making, chrome plating, manufacturing dyes and pigments, preserving leather and wood and, as in the Brockovich case, lowering the temperature of water in the cooling towers of electrical power plants. Chromium-6 is also in the ash from coal-burning power plants, which is typically dumped in unlined pits that a 2011 report by the nonprofit Earthjustice said may threaten hundreds or thousands of water supplies and private wells.[21] And recent research has suggested that some methods of treating water supplies to remove other contaminants may actually increase levels of chromium-6.[22]"

SOURCE: Though a lengthy article, if you live in the UNITED STATES, you cannot afford to miss reading in its entirety:
    http://www.ewg.org/research/chromium...n-us-tap-water

Interactive Map / CHECK YOUR AREA TO SEE RESULTS / OKLAHOMA, CALIFORNIA & ARIZONA- Had the highest levels
    http://www.ewg.org/interactive-maps/...6-lower-48.php

The Interactive Map allows you to click on the county in your state to reveal the findings. Go to link above. If you do not find your area on this map or your water system listed , DON'T THINK YOU'RE IN THE CLEAR...it's likely your area wasn't tested:

QUOTES OF CONCERN FROM THE ARTICLE:

"A new EWG analysis of federal data from nationwide drinking water tests shows that the compound contaminates water supplies for more than 200 million Americans in all 50 states. Yet federal regulations are stalled by a chemical industry challenge that could mean no national regulation of a chemical state scientists in California and elsewhere say causes cancer when ingested at even extraordinarily low levels."

"Human studies by government and independent scientists worldwide have definitively established that breathing airborne chromium-6 particles can cause lung cancer, and the U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration sets strict limits for airborne chromium-6 in the workplace. Whether inhaled or ingested, it can also cause liver damage, reproductive problems and developmental harm.[23] Studies have found that exposure to chromium-6 may present greater risks to certain groups, including infants and children, people who take antacids, and people with poorly functioning livers.[24]"

WHY IS THIS IMPORTANT?

According to Ty Bollinger of The Truth About Cancer, 1 in 2 men will get cancer and 1 in 3 women will get cancer. Your body is 70% water and drinking clean water enables your body to flush toxins out of your system. So if you're drinking polluted water whether at home, grandma's house, or your favorite restaurant, ask yourself how can your body detoxify if you're flushing your system with toxic elements? Eventually as your immune system weakens it will succumb to disease as it will no longer be able to cleanse itself properly. Add on the fact that most people are nutrient deficient because they are not educated on taking the proper bio-available vitamins and minerals and it's not hard to see why so many are getting sick.

The government will not save you, and as you can see by the article above, there are no current regulations in place and it doesn't appear any are coming in the near future. Additionally, clean-up costs are beyond costly. Thankfully, you have options and it's imperative you take the matter into your own hands. Besides, if you don't want to be ruled by others, I can't think of a better way than starting with supplying you and your family with a clean source of water. Mike Adams(known as The Health Ranger) is an excellent source to refer to for the best clean products. He is the only person in the world who has the proper lab testing on site where all the products he carries are tested for toxins and heavy metals. You can read more about it here if interested:
    http://www.naturalnews.com/053735_CW...xcellence.html

WHAT CAN YOU DO?
    1. If you cannot find your location on the Interactive Map, contact Consumer Wellness Center Labs for testing. CWC Labs(Mike Adams) recently announced individual water testing services.This new service is affordably priced and allows you to test your well water, city water, pond water or even a nearby river or stream.

They'll test your water sample via ICP-MS and deliver the results to you electronically, detailing the parts per billion concentrations across a large list of elements and metals. This service was launched July 29, 2016. If you go to the link below you can see exactly what they test for. "CWC Labs is internationally accredited under ISO 17025 requirements, the "gold standard" for laboratory analytical excellence."

http://cwclabs.com/CWC-Labs-Announce...-Services.html

It does appear they test for Chromium(Cr3) which is the natural occurring Chromium, but I do not see Chromium-6, check to see if that's an option.

Mike Adams also did his own independent study before EWG released their findings and you can see the results here:
    Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/054580_he...#ixzz4LW1ySloO

2. You can buy a Berkey system from his store, Natural News, which has been lab verified. Mike has tested several water filters and most didn't do jack....Berkey by far tested with the most optimal results. The nice thing about a Berkey is it requires no electricity, so you're covered should your power go out. Yes, these aren't cheap, but neither is getting cancer.

https://www.healthrangerstore.com/co...-filter-system

Independent Laboratory Testing Results of Popular Gravity Water Filters
    http://www.waterfilterlabs.com/
    "Testing Methodology:

All tests conducted by Mike Adams, the Health Ranger, via ICP-MS instrumentation with parts per billion sensitivity using methodologies based on EPA 200.8, using nitric acid digestion, sample normalization, 4-point external standards calibration and in-run calibration checks. The Natural News Forensic Food Lab is pending ISO 17025 certification."

Oh...and if you decide to call your water source in your area, they will likely down play this issue as they do not have a means to fix it and they are not required to do anything about the problem as there are no regulations in place despite what these studies are showing in regards to Chromium-6. The EPA is well known for raising the limits of toxic acceptability as they have no interest in protecting the health of the American Public..it's all a fascade.

I don't know about you, but I no longer feel safe drinking water out of the tap. Decide for yourself...

ADDITIONAL INFO

Who is EWG? Environmental Working Group, read more below:
    http://www.ewg.org/about-us

***DISCLAIMER: I do not work for EWG, EPA or any other entity listed above. I also do not receive any compensation for recommending Berkey Water Filter Systems or referrals to CWC Labs.
    Last edited by Divine Feminine, 28th September 2016 at 03:48.

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Divine Feminine For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (28th September 2016), bsbray (28th September 2016), Cearna (29th September 2016), Dreamtimer (28th September 2016), Elen (28th September 2016), Gio (28th September 2016), lookbeyond (28th September 2016), modwiz (28th September 2016), sandy (28th September 2016), Zebowho (28th September 2016)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    I have well water which has radionuclides due to radium, usually, and also uranium, rarely. The county will test for free but I have to pay a lab to determine the source. My water is also acidic.

As a result I need both neutralizing and softening treatments. This removes most of the radionuclides.

The final solution (for me) is reverse osmosis at the kitchen sink.

I used to have the original hand dug well with a terra cotta wall. You could look in and see the water, but we kept the cover on, of course. The danger with that was ecoli and nitrate run-off after rain.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (28th September 2016), bsbray (28th September 2016), Cearna (29th September 2016), Divine Feminine (28th September 2016), Elen (28th September 2016), modwiz (28th September 2016)

Thanks
    Unfortunately your skin absorbs these toxic chemicals too so while the gravity feeds help they are not the end all be all in avoidance. I have a gravity feed product from independent scientist James McCanney. He used to sell the Berkeys but went on to invent his own product which IMO is better than Berkey. If anyone is looking into buying a gravity feed or house system I recommend researching before buying. Here is JM's website but there are other water system companies too.

http://www.jmccanneyscience.com/

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Anastasia For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (28th September 2016), bsbray (28th September 2016), Cearna (29th September 2016), Divine Feminine (28th September 2016), Dreamtimer (28th September 2016), Elen (28th September 2016), modwiz (28th September 2016), Zebowho (28th September 2016)

Retired Member Norway
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,318 Times in 5,067 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Anastasia View Post
    Unfortunately your skin absorbs these toxic chemicals too so while the gravity feeds help they are not the end all be all in avoidance. I have a gravity feed product from independent scientist James McCanney. He used to sell the Berkeys but went on to invent his own product which IMO is better than Berkey. If anyone is looking into buying a gravity feed or house system I recommend researching before buying. Here is JM's website but there are other water system companies too.

http://www.jmccanneyscience.com/
    I really enjoy your postings Amanda, they're not too often, but when you do I know they are well thought out and worth the wait. Thank you!

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Anastasia (28th September 2016), Aragorn (28th September 2016), bsbray (6th October 2016), Divine Feminine (28th September 2016), Dreamtimer (28th September 2016), modwiz (28th September 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Hi Anastasia can you show us why it's better so we have something to compare? I looked at his website and it's a bit confusing for the average reader to sort through and so far I'm not seeing why his is better? It would be interesting to see if his unit eliminates Chromium-6 or Cesium? Iknow Berkey does both Chromiums, and I think it does Cesium too, but I need to check.

When I look at Jim's readings they're not as detailed as what Berkey has provided so I need more information....still surfing around his site to see if I'm missing something.

Good point about the skin as it's the body's largest organ so a shower filter would be ideal. I referred Mike Adams because from what I can see he has the best lab testing in the country if not the world by the way he has it set up on site.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Divine Feminine For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (28th September 2016), bsbray (6th October 2016), Dreamtimer (28th September 2016), Elen (28th September 2016), modwiz (28th September 2016), Zebowho (28th September 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Ya, I'm not seeing removal of Cesium on Jim's page but I do see Berkey removed 98.6 percent in Mike's lab work back in 2014. But it's not telling me which kind of Cesium...I think there's two right? Cesium 126 and 137? Sorry I'm not 'up' on Cesium talk....I'm a little burnt out on having to be an expert in every topic as a consumer....it's exhausting and I hate to admit that I kinda miss the days when I didn't have to 'think' about it.

Don't feel bad, I bought a Pro Pur several years back and now I'm finding that I'm probably better off with a Berkey...there wasn't all this fancy testing when I bought it, not that I was paying attention as strongly as I am now. The testing of Chromium-6 on such a wide scale is fairly new and because it's backed with scientific data that raises concern, if your water filter isn't designed to eliminate that little problem you could be setting yourself up down the road for serious health issues. Same with Cesium, due to radiation fallout. It's sad to think how polluted this planet has become.

I'm trying to be a little detailed here because I realize it's an expense for people to cough up $300 plus dollars. Imo, after the results of EWG citing the dangers of Chromium-6 at such small levels if one is going to spend this kinda money on a filter it better have the ability to remove it not to mention Cesium. I'm not so worried if it removes essential minerals as those can be replaced with bioavailable products. It's more important that as much toxins are removed from the water that damage the DNA.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Divine Feminine For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (28th September 2016), bsbray (6th October 2016), Dreamtimer (28th September 2016), Elen (28th September 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    I have well water which has radionuclides due to radium, usually, and also uranium, rarely. The county will test for free but I have to pay a lab to determine the source. My water is also acidic.

As a result I need both neutralizing and softening treatments. This removes most of the radionuclides.

The final solution (for me) is reverse osmosis at the kitchen sink.

I used to have the original hand dug well with a terra cotta wall. You could look in and see the water, but we kept the cover on, of course. The danger with that was ecoli and nitrate run-off after rain.
    I betcha the county won't tell you about Chromium-6? Check it out and see....they probably don't want to open that can of worms...but you can bet they're very 'aware' at the top levels. The name of the game is genocide. I remember reading in the EWG article that in order to determine the source of the contamination each county and water source would have to be tested separately....meaning.....high cost and likely it will never get done....I think it would be worth sending a sample to Mike's lab to see how his results compare to what the county is telling you...or not telling you.....but then again if you want to save money, just don't even mess with it...just make sure you are investing in the best filtration system possible.

I have wanted to look into reverse osmosis myself and seeing the gravity of the situation increasing likely it will become a priority for me. I know Mike developed a new system that he launched I believe this summer that you attach to the kitchen sink but the disadvantage is it ran on electricity, but the advantage was way faster filtration than a gravity filter. I wonder if his system eliminates Cesium and Chromium-6...I'll have to look. I have come to trust him because of his endless efforts to educate people, offer clean products and the fact he has put together a lab of the highest standards possible to ensure quality. I get exhausted just reading about all his endeavors. Would love to be able to read his astrological chart, LMAO.

So are you happy with your reverse osmosis system? Is there anything you don't like about it?
    Last edited by Divine Feminine, 28th September 2016 at 17:42.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Divine Feminine For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (28th September 2016), bsbray (6th October 2016), Dreamtimer (28th September 2016), Elen (28th September 2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Divine Feminine View Post
    Hi Anastasia can you show us why it's better so we have something to compare? I looked at his website and it's a bit confusing for the average reader to sort through and so far I'm not seeing why his is better? It would be interesting to see if his unit eliminates Chromium-6 or Cesium? Iknow Berkey does both Chromiums, and I think it does Cesium too, but I need to check.

When I look at Jim's readings they're not as detailed as what Berkey has provided so I need more information....still surfing around his site to see if I'm missing something.

Good point about the skin as it's the body's largest organ so a shower filter would be ideal. I referred Mike Adams because from what I can see he has the best lab testing in the country if not the world by the way he has it set up on site.
    Yes his website is so hard to navigate. He does it himself and believe it or not it has improved over the years. He is pretty good at answering emails especially concerning product questions. Much of his info about his water systems and how they compare to others he talks about on his radio shows and it is never info you cannot verify yourself. I am loving the gravity feed product I purchased from him and consider it money well spent and the savings in the long run. Here is his water info sheet and he is always improving on his products. I live in the state of Delaware which is Du Pont owned and I am surrounded by gmo farms. I know my well water is bad and my city water seems to be worse.

http://www.jmccanneyscience.com/Filt...tSpecSheet.HTM

Darn it! So sorry about double post Mods!
    Last edited by Aragorn, 28th September 2016 at 21:49. Reason: fixed your duplicate post ;)

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Anastasia For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (28th September 2016), bsbray (6th October 2016), Divine Feminine (30th September 2016), Dreamtimer (28th September 2016), Elen (29th September 2016), modwiz (28th September 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,968 Times in 20,254 Posts
    Darn it! So sorry about double post Mods!
    I've taken care of it. But just for future reference, you can do that too, as you can always go back and edit your post after you've committed it.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Anastasia (2nd October 2016), bsbray (6th October 2016), Dreamtimer (28th September 2016), Elen (29th September 2016), modwiz (28th September 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Yes his website is so hard to navigate. He does it himself and believe it or not it has improved over the years. He is pretty good at answering emails especially concerning product questions. Much of his info about his water systems and how they compare to others he talks about on his radio shows and it is never info you cannot verify yourself. I am loving the gravity feed product I purchased from him and consider it money well spent and the savings in the long run. Here is his water info sheet and he is always improving on his products. I live in the state of Delaware which is Du Pont owned and I am surrounded by gmo farms. I know my well water is bad and my city water seems to be worse.

http://www.jmccanneyscience.com/Filt...tSpecSheet.HTM
    Thanks for this Anastasia. Yes I was able to find it through the maze, lol. I was hoping for a bit more. Unfortunately I don't see Cesium or Chromium-6 on his list. In his defense, with the results only recently reported by EWG of Chromium-6, he might find himself beefing up his filters in the near future. I'm so sorry about your exposure to Du Pont, I am somewhat familiar with them and know of their nefarious CFR connections from long ago. I had to deal with them when one of my past clients was buying a house from a Du Pont employee...Du Pont's relocation office was less than desirable to deal with and the same for the real estate department who was handling them...I almost turned them in to the real estate commission...never mind..long story.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Divine Feminine For This Useful Post:

Anastasia (2nd October 2016), Aragorn (30th September 2016), bsbray (6th October 2016), Dreamtimer (5th October 2016), Elen (30th September 2016), modwiz (2nd October 2016)

Thanks
    Chromium 6 has been a problem in the past and Erin is famous for bringing it to the public's attention. I am pretty sure it is a VOC and if so is covered in McCanney's filters. This would be a great question to ask him.

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Anastasia For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (2nd October 2016), bsbray (6th October 2016), Dreamtimer (5th October 2016), Elen (2nd October 2016), modwiz (2nd October 2016)

Thanks
    I just received an email reply from James McCanney about Chromium 6 being covered in his filters. He said yes and is in the heavy metals category but not listed on the specs sheet. Good to know for me and anyone else thinking of purchasing his product.

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Anastasia For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (6th October 2016), bsbray (6th October 2016), Divine Feminine (6th October 2016), Dreamtimer (5th October 2016), Elen (5th October 2016), modwiz (5th October 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    I just received an email reply from James McCanney about Chromium 6 being covered in his filters. He said yes and is in the heavy metals category but not listed on the specs sheet. Good to know for me and anyone else thinking of purchasing his product.
    Let us hope Strontium-90 doesn't soon become more of a concern. Any attention paid to non-MSM media would see why such a statement is not out of the conversation regarding concerns.
    Last edited by modwiz, 5th October 2016 at 23:55.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Anastasia (6th October 2016), Aragorn (6th October 2016), bsbray (6th October 2016), Divine Feminine (6th October 2016), Dreamtimer (5th October 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,968 Times in 20,254 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by modwiz View Post
    Let us hope Strontium-90 doesn't soon become more of a concern. Any attention paid to non-MSM media would see why such a statement is not out of the conversation regarding concerns.
    The name of the element strontium always makes me chuckle. In the Dutch language, the word "stront" is a slang for feces, similar in emotional content to the use of "shit/shite" in English, "Scheiße" in German or "la merde" in French, and it is well understood to have that exact meaning both in the Netherlands and in the Flanders.

So, to our puerilely mischievous minds, "strontium" is just a Latinized form of "shit".
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Anastasia (6th October 2016), bsbray (6th October 2016), Divine Feminine (6th October 2016), Dreamtimer (6th October 2016), Elen (6th October 2016), modwiz (6th October 2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by modwiz View Post
    I think it's secretly more of a concern. McCanney talks about nuclear pollution on his radio shows.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Anastasia For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (6th October 2016), Dreamtimer (6th October 2016), Elen (6th October 2016), modwiz (6th October 2016)