Page 82 of 447 FirstFirst ... 32727980818283848592132182 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 6697

Thread: The Cosmic Emporium

Thanks
    Thanked 37,367 Times in 7,424 Posts

Question

Always check previous pages for missed posted items ...

Does the word appease come to mind ...

For those who might not be old enough to remember here's some deja vu for you ...
    One should not forget what happened to him via his paranoia ...

Richard Nixon Hated the Presidential Daily Intel Brief, Too
    Last edited by Gio, 3rd January 2017 at 03:22.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (3rd January 2017), Dreamtimer (3rd January 2017), modwiz (3rd January 2017), zendeavor (3rd January 2017)

Thanks
    the original ...

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (3rd January 2017), Aragorn (3rd January 2017), Dreamtimer (3rd January 2017), modwiz (3rd January 2017), zendeavor (3rd January 2017)

Thanks

Thumbs Down

"The corruption in America has risen to levels where even certain areas of science are not to be trusted, as this report describes. The sad truth is that even scientists who are supposed to be committed to facts are all too easily corrupted — when it comes to integrity or funding all too many are willing to make a Faustian bargain." Stephan A. Schwartz

New York Times confirms GMO industry ties at National Academies of Sciences

A groundbreaking investigation profiles Food & Water Watch’s research into conflicts of interest at the National Academies—and highlights the outsize role industry plays in GMO science and policy ... Read the rest

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (3rd January 2017), Aragorn (3rd January 2017), Dreamtimer (3rd January 2017), JRS (4th January 2017), modwiz (3rd January 2017), zendeavor (3rd January 2017)

Thanks

Exclamation

With Rule 41 the FBI Is Now Officially the Enemy of All Computer Users

corbettreport

"Rick Falkvinge, founder of the original pirate party and head of privacy at PrivateInternetAccess.com, joins us to discuss his recent article, "Today, the FBI becomes the enemy of every computer user and every IT security professional worldwide." We dissect the new "Rule 41" that gives American law enforcement unprecedented leeway to break into any computer in the world, the implications this has for a world in which privacy is increasingly a thing of the past, and what people can do to protect themselves from the New Online Order of global FBI operations."

SHOW NOTES AND MP3: https://www.corbettreport.com/?p=21121

Published on Jan 3, 2017

Last edited by Gio, 3rd January 2017 at 14:20.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (3rd January 2017), Aragorn (3rd January 2017), Blacklight43 (3rd January 2017), Dreamtimer (3rd January 2017), modwiz (3rd January 2017)

Thanks

Question

Life after coal ...

Revitalizing America's Post-Coal Country

VICE News

"For years, politicians have promised to bring jobs and prosperity back to America’s depressed coal-producing regions. But that won’t be so easy to pull off, because in many places the industry didn’t so much decline as vanish. Josh Hersh went to a coal town in West Virginia where the way forward doesn’t lead back to the mines."

Published on Jan 3, 2017

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (3rd January 2017), Aragorn (3rd January 2017), Dreamtimer (3rd January 2017), modwiz (3rd January 2017)

Thanks
    When everything old becomes new again ...

I Go To Rio

Peter Allan

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (3rd January 2017), Aragorn (3rd January 2017), Dreamtimer (3rd January 2017), modwiz (3rd January 2017)

Thanks

Thumbs Up

It should be noted this thread is now also being shared over here ...
    In which resides some of my very best Original Avalon friends !

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Lightbulb

Continuing ...

How to Travel Morocco SUPER CHEAP!!
    Budget Travel Tips

From Gabriel Traveler

Published on Jan 3, 2017

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (3rd January 2017), Dreamtimer (3rd January 2017), modwiz (3rd January 2017)

Thanks

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (3rd January 2017), Dreamtimer (3rd January 2017), modwiz (3rd January 2017)

Thanks
    A quickie smile ...

Bill Burr's Solution To Environmental Problems -

From Conan O'Brien

"Bill's got a surefire way to make sure there's enough natural resources for all."

Published on Jan 3, 2017

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (4th January 2017), Dreamtimer (3rd January 2017), modwiz (3rd January 2017)

Thanks

Question

Peter Levenda | Lovecraft, The Yaziti, & Middle Eastern Magic

TheHighersideChats

"Join The Higherside Chat podcast as host Greg Carlwood talks Lovecraft, Crowley and Yazidi with returning guest, Peter Levenda.

We know the world is a stranger place than it might seem on the surface, with unknown depths few people dare to explore- and when the stakes for spending too much time looking behind the veil are madness and paranoia, who can blame them?

But there is a rich history of artists, musicians, writers and creative types feeling as though they are being compelled to do what they do, that they find themselves being more conduit than creator. More vessel than virtuoso. And fans of H.P. Lovecraft's work have even battled over this very point for years. Are there hidden truths or unconscious insights woven throughout the work of the father of “supernatural horror fiction?”

Today's returning guest Peter Levenda thinks so, and by the end of today's show you might be inclined to agree. Peter, of course, is the author of many books including the great Sinister Forces series discussed in his last appearance, which explores the possibility of supernatural influence in some of America's most trying times; from a deeper exploration of the Salem Witch Trials and the potential influence of ancient Indian burial ground on a young Charles Manson, to the alchemical interests of Americas founders, and that infamous seance to channel the Council of Nine in that old farmhouse in Maine. Yes, Peter Levenda has helped us understand the significance and synchronicities between places, names, dates that really make you wonder about this idea of ethereal puppet masters and how much influence they might really have. Luckily, the surgeon of synchronicity is here to discuss his latest book, his first published novel entitled "The Lovecraft Code", it branches off of the infamous “Call of Cthulhu” and uses a fictional narrative as the means of exploring what may be some profound truths."

Books

Published on Jan 3, 2017

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzxuMtAPyyE

About/ H.P. Lovecraft

“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” —H.P. Lovecraft

Synopsis

H.P. Lovecraft was born on August 20, 1890, in Providence, Rhode Island. The horror magazine Weird Tales bought some of his stories in 1923. His story "The Call of Cthulhu" came out in 1928 in Weird Tales. Elements of this story would reappear in other related tales. In his final years, he took editing and ghostwriting work to try to make ends meet. He died on March 15, 1937, in Providence, Rhode Island.
    Early Life

A master of fantastical horror stories, H.P. Lovecraft was born Howard Phillips Lovecraft in 1890, in Providence, Rhode Island. Lovecraft had an unusual childhood marked by tragedy. His traveling salesman father developed a type of mental disorder caused by untreated syphilis when he was around the age of three. In 1893, his father became a patient at the Butler Hospital in Providence and there he remained until his death in 1898.

A sickly child, Lovecraft spent many of his school years at home. He became an avid reader, devouring works on a variety of texts. Lovecraft loved the works of Edgar Allan Poe and developed a special interest in astronomy. As a teenager, he did attend Hope High School, but he suffered a nervous breakdown before he could earn his diploma. Lovecraft became a reclusive figure for several years, choosing to stay up late studying and reading and writing and then sleeping late into the day. During this time, he managed to publish some articles on astronomy in several newspapers.

Writing Career

Lovecraft started out as a would-be journalist, joining the United Amateur Press Association in 1914. The following year, he launched his self-published magazine The Conservative for which he wrote several essays and other pieces. While he had reportedly dabbled in fiction early on, Lovecraft became more serious about writing stories around 1917. Many of these early works were influenced by the writings of Lord Dunsany, an Irish author of fantasy tales, as well as Lovecraft's early favorite Edgar Allan Poe.

The horror magazine Weird Tales bought some of Lovecraft's stories in 1923, giving him his first taste of literary success. The following year, he married Sonia Greene. The couple lived together in New York City for two years before splitting up. After his marriage failed, Lovecraft returned to Rhode Island and began work on some of his best stories. "The Call of Cthulhu" came out in 1928 in Weird Tales, and it perhaps best illustrated Lovecraft's efforts at creating an otherworldly type of terror.

Lovecraft introduced readers to the first of many supernatural beings that would wreak havoc on humankind. Elements of this story would reappear in other related tales—collectively known by many as the "Cthulhu Mythos." These later stories reflected Lovecraft's own philosophical ideals. According to American Heritage magazine, Lovecraft once wrote, "all of my tales are based on the fundamental premise that common human laws and emotions have no validity or significance in the cosmos-at-large."
    Death and Legacy

In his final years, Lovecraft was barely able to support himself. He took editing and ghostwriting work to try to make ends meet. Lovecraft died of cancer on March 15, 1937, in Providence, Rhode Island. He left behind more than 60 short stories and a few novel and novellas, including The Case of Charles Dexter Ward. Lovecraft's passing was mourned by his devoted following of colleagues and aspiring writers with whom he corresponded and collaborated. Two of these friends, August Derleth and Donald Wandrei, formed a publishing company called Arkham House to promote and preserve Lovecraft's work.

Since his death, Lovecraft has earned greater acclaim than he enjoyed during his lifetime. He has been an inspiration to such writers as Peter Straub, Stephen King and Neil Gaiman. His stories have also served as the inspiration for numerous films, including 2011's Hunters of the Dark and 2007's Cthulhu. As Stephen King explained to American Heritage magazine, "Now that time has given us some perspective on his work, I think it is beyond doubt that H.P. Lovecraft has yet to be surpassed as the twentieth century's greatest practitioner of the classic horror tale."
    Last edited by Gio, 4th January 2017 at 01:18.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (4th January 2017), Dreamtimer (4th January 2017), modwiz (4th January 2017), sandy (5th January 2017)

Thanks

Question

For your inspection ...

With all the alternative community's hype and speculation lately surrounding 'what's going on in Antarctica' - this YouTuber's recent video has come to my attention ... I have no verification's of his validity - Just passing it along folks ...

Note - MrCati has been making videos for over ten years, I don't know much about him other than this presented self described bio from Before It's News contributor's page ...

About/ MrCati

I dont have any desire for all the social trappings that others embrace. Social trappings are to me simply an "Albatross" of life that I choose to do without. I live outside of the box and think there often of new ideas and theories. I relish a good forensic investigation methodology and love to apply my thought process to problems and riddles and mostly, codes. Codes of all types, simple to complex. I hobby in video production and use video as a tool to communicate in manners different from how others usually communicate in their videos. I love the outdoors, know how to camp and hunt and have spent a few nights in the wild with the animals of the jungle. Geophysics, science, music, film cinema, forensic investigation, strategic military studies along with military weapons systems and ritualistic occultism are my main focus.
    MrCati's -
    Youtube Channel

Antarctica and the Lost Ancient Civilization Discussion

Published on Dec 30, 2016

"FYI-This video is a 3rd generation copy of a copy, because I have been unable to resolve a sophisticated computer virus issue I am experiencing, that does not allow me to render or finish any of my videos into a format that allows for uploading. Only by copying the unfinished original video, was I able to produce a finished video format, that allows me to upload to You Tube. Your patience and understanding with this issue are appreciated. I will continue to attempt to resolve this technical computer issue, as we come into the 2017 New Year.

This Antarctica report discusses recent media reports regarding Antarctica and combines the recent material with my previously reported on Norway 323 Dead Reindeer Line, that runs into New Zealand, the site of two recent major earthquakes. Many other Antarctica topics and related subject matters, will be included in this discussion, but only so that a larger picture can be painted, which I hope will allow others to consider, the recent Antarctica reports in a new and different manner. This report is a discussion necessary to explain the many complex elements that reside in Antarctica."

Background Sources and Links - Below youtube show notes

Length 55:44 minutes

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (4th January 2017), Dreamtimer (4th January 2017), modwiz (4th January 2017), sandy (5th January 2017)

Thanks
    It's been freaking freezing ...

U.S. Weather Alert ...

2017 to start with heavy rain, snow over much of Northwest

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (4th January 2017), JRS (4th January 2017), modwiz (4th January 2017)

Thanks

Question

Did someone forget to pay the bill ...

Washington Monument goes dark, officials investigate

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (4th January 2017), modwiz (4th January 2017)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    The Washington Monument is closed 'til 2019 due to a faulty elevator. I didn't know that.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Gio (4th January 2017), lilac (5th January 2017), modwiz (4th January 2017)