Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread: [Bunk] Parallel Universe: The Mandela Effect

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,661 Times in 1,264 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Nothing View Post

Now, this dynamic could be just an interesting display of how easily people's recollections of things can be herded. Moments of WTC911 come to mind even.
    It sort of shows our predisposition to soaking up reality but forgetting each files creation date in our memory. It truly was mirror mirror, when we were young, before Disney had a fuller blanket of control over 'kids stories".
    Here's one including the Grimms fairy tales name. A "non American" production I presume.

https://youtu.be/II-OZIxS7Z0?t=3m38s

I have given it as a link queued to the right point for the quote to be observed.
    This herding of our recollection is apparent to me. I saw it with 9/11, and with Sandy Hook because I was interested in these events. I have no idea where the "Mandela Effect" meme started but is this some kind of distraction or way to have us all focused on unimportant and dismissable evidence that then might make light of concepts for the main stream observers? .

It has been interesting to me that even in the blatant case of 9/11, people have stuck with their beliefs. I think that people depend mightily on belief over evidence.

Every time I hear of people who should have changed their minds continue to lament that this was Islamic "terrorists", it shows me that people do not tend to make up their own minds based on evidence but on what they are persuaded to believe by " accepted authorities".

IMO the mental manipulation is all about making us doubt our own ability to know what is what.

The images gathered by Judy Wood pointing towards Directed Energy Weaponry, even in the alt community (which mostly accepts it was a kind of "inside job"), were disregarded by many. That is until "leaders" respected like Joseph Farrell have revealed the considerations from his new book. Maybe now it will become popular to remember it as an anomalous technologic feat?

Then with Sandy Hook, for the main stream observers of the story, there is some aversion to thinking it might have been a psyop based on emotional response to child murder. "How could our governement possibly perpetrate such an operation? And in many psyops, there is murder but many want to recall it as "no one really died" because there was another one where no one died?

The evidence for example about Sandy Hook looks like a nonfunctioning school and no children. In Paris attacks, the psyop for example IMO did murder people. Confusion is generated in all cases so we as a Collective cannot generate an adequate response.

And about the most important evsiceration is regarding our personal imagination. Entertainment like Disney and school "imagineers" and captures the development of authentic imagination.

I personally think that there is more to our imagination than any story BECAUSE the very act of our imaginating creates ANY story we are willing to invest in on a personal level. It may be that the imagination is creating timelines in some way. That we do not invest in some effective for us manner is the key question for me. My thoughts can be occupied by "the Mandela Effect" or in creating a new world...which will it be?

The Santa Claus effect IMO creates cynicism and we become jaded as children. When we do have some original observations, we doubt our own capacity. Then we swing about as believers and nonbelievers in something "fed us"? This ends up with no effective movement towards our own possibly unique life. The way we will swing from Believer to NONbeliever without ever taking ourselves seriously as creators through imagination is is maybe the exercise to master.

The imaginationer is the magician in us. It can be used for any purpose. We are easily herded into using it for others IMO and this is where skepticism is a tool.
    Last edited by Maggie, 12th June 2016 at 06:23.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

161803398 (15th August 2016), Aragorn (12th June 2016), bsbray (13th June 2016), Dreamtimer (12th June 2016), Elen (13th June 2016), enjoy being (12th June 2016), Joanna (14th June 2016), Novusod (13th June 2016), RealityCreation (22nd July 2016)

Thanks
    I found a good blog post about Disney though one can find many talking about Disney-fication.

The Negative Impacts of Disney's Animated Films
    Last edited by Maggie, 12th June 2016 at 06:26.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (12th June 2016), bsbray (13th June 2016), Elen (13th June 2016), enjoy being (12th June 2016), Joanna (14th June 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,514 Times in 431 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Maggie View Post
    This herding of our recollection is apparent to me. I saw it with 9/11, and with Sandy Hook because I was interested in these events. I have no idea where the "Mandela Effect" meme started but is this some kind of distraction or way to have us all focused on unimportant and dismissable evidence that then might make light of concepts for the main stream observers? .

It has been interesting to me that even in the blatant case of 9/11, people have stuck with their beliefs. I think that people depend mightily on belief over evidence.

Every time I hear of people who should have changed their minds continue to lament that this was Islamic "terrorists", it shows me that people do not tend to make up their own minds based on evidence but on what they are persuaded to believe by " accepted authorities".

IMO the mental manipulation is all about making us doubt our own ability to know what is what.

The images gathered by Judy Wood pointing towards Directed Energy Weaponry, even in the alt community (which mostly accepts it was a kind of "inside job"), were disregarded by many. That is until "leaders" respected like Joseph Farrell have revealed the considerations from his new book. Maybe now it will become popular to remember it as an anomalous technologic feat?

Then with Sandy Hook, for the main stream observers of the story, there is some aversion to thinking it might have been a psyop based on emotional response to child murder. "How could our governement possibly perpetrate such an operation? And in many psyops, there is murder but many want to recall it as "no one really died" because there was another one where no one died?

The evidence for example about Sandy Hook looks like a nonfunctioning school and no children. In Paris attacks, the psyop for example IMO did murder people. Confusion is generated in all cases so we as a Collective cannot generate an adequate response.

And about the most important evsiceration is regarding our personal imagination. Entertainment like Disney and school "imagineers" and captures the development of authentic imagination.

I personally think that there is more to our imagination than any story BECAUSE the very act of our imaginating creates ANY story we are willing to invest in on a personal level. It may be that the imagination is creating timelines in some way. That we do not invest in some effective for us manner is the key question for me. My thoughts can be occupied by "the Mandela Effect" or in creating a new world...which will it be?

The Santa Claus effect IMO creates cynicism and we become jaded as children. When we do have some original observations, we doubt our own capacity. Then we swing about as believers and nonbelievers in something "fed us"? This ends up with no effective movement towards our own possibly unique life. The way we will swing from Believer to NONbeliever without ever taking ourselves seriously as creators through imagination is is maybe the exercise to master.

The imaginationer is the magician in us. It can be used for any purpose. We are easily herded into using it for others IMO and this is where skepticism is a tool.
    The Mandela Effect as a meme was started by Fiona Broome at a panel she hosted at Dragon Con in 2010. This has been going on for a while but I didn't believe it myself until I started doing my own research. The earliest examples of the Mandela effect with Mandela dying in prison didn't resonate with me as I remembered him becoming President of South Africa and then working for the UN. The Barenstein / Berenstain Bears meme of 2014 didn't really resonate with me either.

I don't sense there is any herding going on though because different things resonate with different people. For some it is the Berenstein Bears. For me it was Star Wars, Gump, Snow White and Bible Quotes. For others none of these work and there is great resistance to even talk about this with some people.

On a side note belief in Santa Clause never turned me into a cynic. I met Santa Clause, I sat on his lap, I knew from the very get go he wasn't magical. He was just "some guy" who delivered toys. In the eyes of a child Santa was no different than the mailman.
    Last edited by Novusod, 13th June 2016 at 06:23.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Novusod For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (13th June 2016), Aragorn (13th June 2016), bsbray (13th June 2016), Dreamtimer (13th June 2016), Elen (13th June 2016), Joanna (14th June 2016), Maggie (13th June 2016)

Thanks
    I do like Cynthia Sue Larson.....

This came up today,

"The quantum Zeno effect (also known as the Turing paradox) is a situation in which an unstable particle, if observed continuously, will never decay. One can "freeze" the evolution of the system by measuring it frequently enough in its known initial state."

I think the observer effect is a law that works on the macro level also in the "matrix". It especially is effective when its about recalling what we think happened in the past. If we don't observe what "happened" by recalling it, it essentially did not occur for us IMO.

OK, so in 2005, someone came up with something to measure in observing different memories of events. Then more and more people observed the "Mandela Effect". The unstable condition of memory was measured and measured and as it was measured, firmed up into a "fact"....something changed. That now we cannot tell what "really" happened does not prove anything except that our mind is something we observe and our memories are malleable. So we are not our memories but the observer of memory.

This is a really potentially delicious condition if we can change what we remember so it creates a new pattern that helps us in ways we can use.

I am willing to use the principle and focus my measurements toward what I would like to firm up. That works for me. I need to use the Turing paradox to start freeze framing wonderful memories.

one the biggest benefits we can gain from harnessing the powers of the Quantum Zeno Effect is from experiencing more of what we enjoy, when we focus our attentive awareness on what we most appreciate and enjoy. Researchers have noted that one of the very best ways to overcome depression is to make note each day of a few things we are grateful for that we had something to do with. This simple appreciation exercise works well in writing, but you will likely notice obvious improvement even just when making mental note of what went well in your life in the past 24 hours that you had something to do with. Choosing What We Pay Attention To/

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5hkb3LR60c

EDIT

Time on the Brain: How You Are Always Living In the Past, and Other Quirks of Perception
    It's not that our memory is a glitchy wetware version of computer flash memory; it's that the computer metaphor just doesn't apply. Roediger said we store only bits and pieces of what happened—a smattering of impressions we weave together into feels like a seamless narrative. When we retrieve a memory, we also rewrite it, so that the time next we go to remember it, we don't retrieve the original memory but the last one we recollected. So, each time we tell a story, we embellish it, while remaining genuinely convinced of the veracity of our memories.
    So go easy on your friend who caught the 150-pound catfish. He wasn't consciously lying, which is why he spoke with conviction, but that still doesn't mean you should swallow his tale. To confuse is human; to accept we confuse, divine.
    Last edited by Maggie, 13th June 2016 at 19:04.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (13th June 2016), bsbray (13th June 2016), Dreamtimer (13th June 2016), Elen (13th June 2016), Joanna (14th June 2016), pointessa (28th June 2016), RealityCreation (22nd July 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    I used Google Trends tool to compare search trends going back to 2004.

Berenstain Bears vs Berenstein Bears

Life was life a box of chocolates OR Life is like a box of chocolates

Magic Mirror vs Mirror mirror

Luke I am your father vs No I am your father

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Novusod For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (13th June 2016), Elen (14th June 2016), Joanna (14th June 2016), pointessa (28th June 2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Novusod View Post
    I used Google Trends tool to compare search trends going back to 2004.
    I never have used that tool. Thanks.

I did more investigating.... media showed differences here:

Forrest's mother said herself that Life IS a box of chocolates.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqOnkiQRCUU

"Magic mirror in my hand,
    Who's the fairest in the land?"

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1u0YYQgwF0

"mirror, mirror on the wall,
    Who's the fairest of them all?"

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHDq1ehz_cg

Was Nelson Mandela confused with Biko?
    Biko's assassination galvanized people in my circles.

Because of his high profile, news of Biko's death spread quickly, publicizing the repressive nature of the apartheid government. His funeral was attended by over 10,000 people, including numerous ambassadors and other diplomats from the United States and Western Europe. Donald Woods, who photographed his injuries in the morgue as proof of police abuse, was later forced to flee South Africa for England. Woods later campaigned against apartheid and further publicised Biko's life and death, writing many newspaper articles and writing the book, Biko, which was later turned into the film Cry Freedom.[23] Speaking at a National Party conference following the news of Biko's death then–minister of police, Jimmy Kruger said, "I am not glad and I am not sorry about Mr. Biko. It leaves me cold (Dit laat my koud). I can say nothing to you ... Any person who dies ... I shall also be sorry if I die."

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luVpsM3YAgw
    Last edited by Maggie, 13th June 2016 at 22:26.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (13th June 2016), Dreamtimer (13th June 2016), Elen (14th June 2016), Joanna (14th June 2016), modwiz (14th June 2016), Novusod (13th June 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Nice finds Maggie. Just one thing to note on the Betty Boop clip from 1933 predates Disney's Snow White and the Seven Dwarves which came out in 1937. The original Grim Brothers tale of Snow White didn't use the word mirror at all. Disney made certain changes to the original fairy tale so they could establish their own copyrights. Disney was well known in the industry for taking fairy tales from the public domain, changing them and then establishing new copyrights. It was a big controversy then and it still is a major controversy now.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Novusod For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (14th June 2016), Dreamtimer (14th June 2016), Elen (14th June 2016), Joanna (14th June 2016), Maggie (14th June 2016), modwiz (14th June 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    while a lot of these ...examples... are a bit specious and ridiculous , easily attributed to simple explanations, there are some instance that are really anomalous....
    like this one that popped up recently:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/MandelaEffec...ct_isaiah_116/
    which is one i am familiar with from my younger years and it seems that what I recall, and remember others speaking of, there is most definitely something quirky about this particular one, and would like to get some input from the others here who may have memories about this particular piece of literature, either specific or inferential.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ZShawn For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (14th June 2016), Elen (14th June 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Name:  lion.jpg
Views: 403
Size:  20.3 KBName:  maxresdefault.jpg
Views: 397
Size:  20.1 KBName:  logo_lion_lamb.jpg
Views: 354
Size:  12.6 KB
    plenty of lion and lamb imagery to be found everywhere, and is common as I recall from childhood..... I don't recall ever seeing a wolf and lamb image together in all those years, and I grew up with a lot of protestant religious imagery around, spent a lot of time in the church and went to a bible college..... and it while i did read this passage before more than on one occasion, the idea of a wolf as being central to the verse never made an impression on me, which is odd as i am fairly accurate in recall of such things, which makes this oddity being pointed out all the more anomalous....
    the other perspective is that, as an artist, commissioned to do a work based on this verse specifically, it seems odd, does it not, that the lion would be painted in as the central image, the primary, when in the textual flow of the passage it is the wolf that is obviously the first and central figure..... with the lion being named as a young lion....a cub, not a full grown male in his prime...... oddities abound.... if i was not personally, passably familiar with this text i wouldn't have even mentioned it, but the whole bit strikes me as being most curious in this case....... what do you guys think?

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ZShawn For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (14th June 2016), Elen (14th June 2016), Novusod (14th June 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Google Trends:

The lion shall lie down with the lamb vs The wolf will live with the lamb

*note the wolf quote showed so few hits it didn't even register on google trends.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Novusod For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (14th June 2016), Elen (15th June 2016), Maggie (14th June 2016), ZShawn (17th June 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    This probably isn't a Mandela effect but I noticed a change a few days ago in this very forum.

Anyone remember when the "Highlighted threads" forum was called "Priority Threads."

Also found this video to hilarious. Truth bombing people with the Mandela effect at the super market. A few of these guys were seriously shaken.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydGXKbQqNOg

Of all the things for people to have a paradigm shifting spiritual experience over people anchor their reality on Fruit Loops, CoCo Puffs, and Depends.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Novusod For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (16th June 2016), Elen (16th June 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    so thanks for posting that google trends image regarding the wolf quote..... was thinking that there might be more discussion about it.... ah well.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ZShawn For This Useful Post:

Elen (17th June 2016), Novusod (17th June 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Here is an interesting video in a couple ways.

It explores the sacred geometry of the Sistine Chapel painting the birth of man and possible changes due to the Mandela effect.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaZ4ivcITQU

Something about it seems to be subtly off about the way the hands are pointed.
    Color picture as it exists now.

From memory the hands used to touch more like this:

Now Adam is giving God the Limp wrist.

Not to be homophobic or anything but that is GAY.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Novusod For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (19th June 2016), Elen (20th June 2016), modwiz (20th June 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    I found something even more disturbing about this painting.

Take a close look at the way God is presented. He is sitting on a throne of Cherubs and they don't seem none too pleased. Look at their facial expressions. I see fear, I see anguish, I see pain, and embarrassment. Maybe they have always been there but that is quite twisted regardless. Then again the Vatican has always been a twisted place.

The second commandment: Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image of the Lord.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Novusod For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (20th June 2016), Elen (20th June 2016), modwiz (20th June 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    The wrong spelling of JCPenney just started trending on twitter.

https://vine.co/v/5B9j71HBwwM