Thread: Ho'oponopono for justice

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,133 Times in 710 Posts

Ho'oponopono for justice

Hi All, felt the need to post a prayer for this being.
    Join me if you will.

I'm sorry
    Please forgive me
    Thank you
    I love you

http://www.9news.com.au/world/2016/0...into-enclosure

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to lookbeyond For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (29th May 2016), Aragorn (29th May 2016), bsbray (30th May 2016), Elen (29th May 2016), Exit 0 (16th June 2016), Frances (29th May 2016), Joanna (29th May 2016), Juniper (29th May 2016), Wind (29th May 2016)

(account terminated)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,074 Times in 359 Posts
    In a good zoo the keepers have a good relationship to their animals and they follow their commands.
    So it's not necessary to shot the gorilla.
    (Otherwise the elephant is in a heat.)

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to scibuster For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (29th May 2016), Aragorn (29th May 2016), Elen (29th May 2016), Joanna (29th May 2016), Juniper (29th May 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,975 Times in 20,256 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by scibuster View Post
    In a good zoo the keepers have a good relationship to their animals and they follow their commands.
    So it's not necessary to shot the gorilla.
    (Otherwise the elephant is in a heat.)
    In this case concretely, I personally would have preferred that they had used a powerful tranquilizer dart instead of a lethal round. And there is also something to be said in favor of a better separation between the animals' domains and the visitors of the zoo. But then again, that would have made the experience of seeing these animals in the flesh somewhat less spectacular, and thus could possibly result in fewer visitors, and thus less profit. In the end, it's all about the money — the greatest poison ever to human dignity.

There is something very understandable about the reaction of zoo-kept animals toward humans who are invading their territory. These animals live in captivity, and for no other reason than for the enjoyment of humans. More often than not, the animals aren't even being looked after properly, and/or they are being abused. They could also become claustrophobic from having to spend their lives in such tight quarters. It is also because of this reason that the orcas at Sea World started attacking and killing their wranglers. They are intelligent creatures and they don't want to be locked up — the warping of their dorsal fin in captivity is a clear sign of neurosis — and they grow psychotic over time.

As much as we all like seeing and admiring all these beautiful animals, the truth of the matter is that they belong out there in nature, where they are free to roam wherever they wish, and where they can live by their own rules. Gorillas for instance are territorial animals, and an alpha male is an alpha male. Whereas people see a toddler falling into the gorilla's den, the gorilla sees an intruder in his already too tight domain.

Mankind is the cruelest of all beasts, and still has so much to learn...
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (29th May 2016), Cearna (31st May 2016), Elen (29th May 2016), Greenbarry (29th May 2016), Joanna (29th May 2016), Juniper (29th May 2016), sandy (30th May 2016), Wind (29th May 2016)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,215 Times in 266 Posts
    from what i seen on the video, i dont think that gorilla had any raging in him.
    if he did the kid wouldnt be alive. so, bad call from the zoo keepers on that one.
    kill shot? vrs tranquilizer? i vote the second.
    not the gorillas fault the kid was poorly watched.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Greenbarry For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (6th December 2016), Aragorn (29th May 2016), Cearna (31st May 2016), Elen (29th May 2016), Joanna (29th May 2016), sandy (30th May 2016), Wind (29th May 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,690 Times in 607 Posts
    lookbeyond, thank you, joining you gladly, and praying daily for all living beings confined, bred and otherwise enslaved by humans, in zoos, circuses, racetracks, laboratories, farms, and all those captured from the wild or killed for meat, fur, body parts or sport.

Ho'oponopono.
    May human consciousness rise in Love. \\\*///

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Joanna For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (6th December 2016), Aragorn (29th May 2016), Cearna (31st May 2016), Elen (29th May 2016), sandy (30th May 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,975 Times in 20,256 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Greenbarry View Post
    from what i seen on the video, i dont think that gorilla had any raging in him.
    if he did the kid wouldnt be alive. so, bad call from the zoo keepers on that one.
    I agree. The gorilla seemed to want to help the boy. They are very compassionate creatures, and it wouldn't be the first time that they extend their compassion toward a member of another species.

Quote Originally posted by Greenbarry View Post
    kill shot? vrs tranquilizer? i vote the second.
    not the gorillas fault the kid was poorly watched.
    Yeah, but shooting the gorilla is more spectacular and less socially disruptive than chastising the parents over the fact that they can't even keep an eye on their own children.

It's stereotypical western behavior. The animal is always deemed "at fault", and they wouldn't have been able to cope with the public outrage from the dumbed-down masses who visit these zoos and animal parks — and who thus pay for their existence and corporate survival — if they had let the gorilla live and chose to blame the parents instead.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (6th December 2016), Cearna (31st May 2016), Elen (29th May 2016), Joanna (29th May 2016), Wind (29th May 2016)