Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Devil’s Advocate: Doubts About Life After Death

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,042 Times in 1,040 Posts
    Amanda, no problem here, I fully understood you actually died and came back, my mistake, since these are difficult to explain as you say in mere words. ON the same note, I do not describe what I went through as a NDE, because it wasn't, I didn't go into, that which you did, those who experience any experience of such as you have, always know, espececially when in a place like an ambulance, where those with you can corroborate what actually happened. Love colleen

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cearna For This Useful Post:

Amanda (8th July 2016), Aragorn (8th July 2016), modwiz (8th July 2016)

Retired Member Norway
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,318 Times in 5,067 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Amanda View Post
    Thanks for reading/listening as it were, to my death experience. Some of the reactions and comments to my death experience have been down right arrogant and unpleasant but usually it brings about a host of questions and a reverence contained within the questions.

Much Peace - as we continue to seek answers to all our questions - Amanda
    I for one really appreciated what you had to say, and would love to read more of what you have to say, if it feels right for you Amanda. Thanks for sharing that, I know how those most intimate and beautiful experiences can be misunderstood by "outsiders".

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Amanda (8th July 2016), Aragorn (8th July 2016), Cearna (8th July 2016), modwiz (8th July 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,975 Times in 20,256 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Cearna View Post
    Quote Originally posted by Amanda View Post
    I want to be very clear about what I shared here within this thread, I shared my death experience. It was not a near death experience. I died and I did not want to return but I chose to return.
    Amanda, no problem here, I fully understood you actually died and came back, my mistake, since these are difficult to explain as you say in mere words.
    Technically, what Amanda describes is an NDE ("near-death experience"). This is the official name for such an experience because, obviously, she's still alive to talk about it, and in the same body as what stopped showing life signs in the first place. So for mainstream science, it can only truly be called "a death experience" if one has officially been declared dead, in which case the body would be put on ice for a while and then disposed of according to one's traditions and/or stated preferences, and then one wouldn't have a chance to return to one's life anymore.

Returning to the original post, as for not having any recollection of what happens when the body is under full narcosis, that has also been my own experience, but this is easily explained.

When you sleep, certain parts of your brain are still awake. On the other hand, when one is under full narcosis, then most of the brain is effectively put asleep by the administered anaesthetic in order to prevent the patient from waking up during surgery. That doesn't mean that you're not having any experiences during that time — it also doesn't mean that you are — but the memories of those experiences are commonly not retained because of the influence of the anaesthetic on the brain's memory cortex.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Amanda (8th July 2016), Cearna (8th July 2016), Elen (8th July 2016), lcam88 (8th July 2016), modwiz (8th July 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,320 Times in 939 Posts
    Ahh..science and the mention of science always brings a wry smile to my face. Science has yet to explain death - it can diagnose when death of a physical being occurs but has not yet reached the capability to explain death. In simple terms death is a a part of life.

I know what happened to me because I was there and no scientist was there with me. I respect science but they like to put a label on everything and pretend to know all about it. I speak freely because I would stand up in a court or any other place and argue my point - tactfully, respectfully and from a first hand perspective. Scientists label it near death due to their need to explore and control. Once a person has experienced the complete detachment of their physical body - there comes a completely new perspective to life.

So I Say respectfully - scientists can say and label what happens but I know what happened to me.

I died.

I hovered and decided I did not want to return.

Already being a peaceful person - the peacefulness and beauty I experienced in death was too powerful to resist.

When I was ready and not anyone else - when I was ready - I will repeat that for a full understanding for those who are reading this post - When I was ready - I decided to return. At all times I was in control. That is part of the peace and beauty that I experienced.

I am sharing within this thread because I am safe on this site and because I speak from first hand experience not from a controlled text book version, beamed at people from within a constructed paradigm.

Learning and knowledge and wisdom comes from a personal life journey - not a book or film or any other created mode. We live on planet Earth which is - to me - a giant classroom that is contained within a university of the Universe.

Thanks for reading/listening and thanks for the safe place to discuss a very unique and personal experience. The one aspect of death that is exactly the same for every single Sentient Being is this: You take/make the journey alone. That my friends is because it is all about trust. I trusted and even though I did not want to return - the Universe/United Conscience/The Light - trusted me. When we know proper Trust and allow it to live within us - we can achieve anything - here - other dimensions - everywhere. Death is not the end - it is truly the beginning.

Thank you again.

Much Respect - As we seek answers to all our questions - Amanda (Have to keep your sense of humour - wherever you are.)

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Amanda For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (9th July 2016), Cearna (9th July 2016), Elen (9th July 2016), lcam88 (9th July 2016), modwiz (8th July 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,244 Times in 922 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Amanda
    ...it can diagnose when death of a physical being occurs but has not yet reached the capability to explain death.
    Conflating medicine and science for the moment, they diagnose a condition based on very imperial type standard of measurement, and "arbitrary" criteria established for precision of observation.

By another standard, death occurs when the body can no longer contain an ectoplasmic medium which then escapes. You notice the body stiffen shortly after that happens.

Which one is correct, maybe both, maybe neither. The are theories, something conceived only to elaborate what previously was more vague. What both theories have in common is they represent a moment when the body "fails".

I respect science but they like to put a label on everything and pretend to know all about it.
    Yes!

Theories! They carry the inevitable uncertainty and even error and yet they are offered as truth.

Death is not the end - it is truly the beginning.
    oh dear

Birth is also a beginning, so is adolescence, so is falling in love for the first time...

I take heart in what seems to be your message: there is nothing to fear

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lcam88 For This Useful Post:

Amanda (9th July 2016), Aragorn (9th July 2016), Cearna (9th July 2016), Elen (9th July 2016), modwiz (9th July 2016)