Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Investigating the Investigators

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,746 Times in 571 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by bsbray View Post
    Edit: The second bit you posted above really sounds to me like whoever wrote it has an axe to grind with the actual material Wolter is presenting. I'm sure not every idea he throws out there is accurate, but neither is what Wolter shows in his series akin to unicorns. There may be some comparison to Ancient Aliens in the fact that the Ancient Aliens series is (in my opinion anyway) on the right track with its basic premise, but it is not produced as a scientific documentary but rather as entertainment and so its arguments are not as solid as its production techniques are.

There is plenty of evidence with or without Wolter, that the Vikings and other Scandinavians were here before Columbus (this is actually not such a huge issue historically because it is pretty well accepted already that the Vikings beat Columbus here anyway), and also evidence that the Templar, Carthaginians, Welsh, Romans, Sumerians and/or Babylonians, Egyptians, Chinese, Hebrews, Minoans, and of course all of the various "Native American" tribes, were here before Columbus (though not in that order ). The evidence is different for each of those cases but arguments can easily be made for any of them, and the only arguments against such ideas are often just that ancient ships would not have been able to cross the Atlantic, when this has already been disproved in modern times with recreations of the ancient ships.

Anyway lots of people are going to upset with America Unearthed simply because they don't feel comfortable with any changes to the historical narrative they have grown up believing, and these kinds of people are going to be attacking Wolter just to discredit what he says. But like I said, regardless of Wolter, the stuff he shows on the television program is most of the time already well-documented and he is just bringing attention to it from a wider audience in the same way as Ancient Aliens just brings attention to many pre-existing theories. These shows don't go into the amount of evidence that someone serious about this kind of thing might like them to, but it's for entertainment television and that has to be remembered too.
    I just caught this last part. I agree. I get what Jason is doing but sometimes he does seem to stretch it bit...I know he's a big thorn in the side of History Channel. I seem to remember he received a cease and desist letter or something of that magnitude from the attorney representing either History Channel or Ancient Aliens to get him to shut it down....or maybe it was something about his book....I can't remember so don't quote me on it.

No doubt our history is so screwed up the books just have to be re-written....

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Divine Feminine For This Useful Post:

bsbray (6th September 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,746 Times in 571 Posts
    I was perusing through some of Jason Colavito's articles when I caught this remark where Jason was discussing an interview Scott Wolter did on the Jimmy Church show:

"Near the end Wolter reiterates that he has just finished taping his new series for the History Channel, and that it will debut probably in the next month. He won’t say what it’s about. America Unearthed hasn’t been cancelled, he says, but due to the end of H2, he isn’t sure if it will return.”

http://www.jasoncolavito.com/blog/sc...r-conspiracies

I haven't had time to find out more...I didn't know H2 was coming to an end, any one else?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Divine Feminine For This Useful Post:

bsbray (15th September 2015), idigress (7th September 2015)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    That's the first I've heard about it!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to idigress For This Useful Post:

bsbray (15th September 2015), Divine Feminine (9th September 2015)

(account terminated) United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,648 Times in 2,895 Posts
    I just found this post on Wolter's blog that explains the deal with his "honorary degree": http://scottwolteranswers.blogspot.c...ently-non.html

It seems he never claims it was officially recognized and it was basically a sympathetic gesture by his professors after his father died in a snorkeling accident and Wolter published a book about agate or something or other not long afterward. His professors symbolically awarded him a "sympathy degree" after he presented his work at his university.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bsbray For This Useful Post:

Cearna (15th September 2015), Divine Feminine (15th September 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,685 Times in 2,094 Posts
    Regards the above about Wolter. I haven't seen a lot of him. Bits and pieces. I have already posted my reaction to his recent interview.
    The add I make here, regards History Channel is, what a perfect platform to infuse a reputation to be used as an 'expert' to call on for pieces of the story.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

bsbray (19th September 2015)